PDA

View Full Version : Just About Ready to Close the Book on Schaub

eriadoc
12-30-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't give a damn about stats. I realize the OL is not playing well. I also realize Matt Schaub is a problem.

David Carr had potential right up until about mid-way through the 2004 season. I, amongst many others, tried to figure out what was going wrong for a long time period after that. I'm able to recognize that folly now. Schaub has hit his ceiling, and he simply cannot make deep throws when the guy is not ten yards clear of a defender.

HTown2ATX
12-30-2012, 01:25 PM
You know I defended HWNSNBM for too long...all the wat up to the end and I don't want to look like an idiot again.....I really need to ponder is Schaub is worth a $hit anymore or not as I haven't really given it much thought but he consistently has been toilet water lately.

I am getting close to that point but not quite there yet....but razor thin close.

CretorFrigg
12-30-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm going to call a spade a spade. Matt Schaub can't lead an elite team.

eriadoc
12-30-2012, 01:30 PM
I am getting close to that point but not quite there yet....but razor thin close.

Me too. That's why I said "just about" in the title. I'm waiting out the playoffs.

amazing80
12-30-2012, 01:32 PM
welcome to the dark side :kitten:

ajohnson80
12-30-2012, 01:33 PM
No mobility and just not a deep threat. He's just not as talented as these new breed of qbs.

ajohnson80
12-30-2012, 01:35 PM
also ready to close the book on Kubiak. He should have been gone and Wade saved his job. Now its time for Wade to take his job. Kubiak is a little bich

gafftop
Physically not able to do it. Bottom line. I think he knows what to do but physically can't. Even on bootlegs he is so slow he throws the ball late and short. Even when play works he can't execute.

Tailgate
I have never said a bad thing about Schaub before. But lets face it... he is a fat blob with a noodle arm that folds under pressure.

That Denver game had me so fooled.

Premier
12-30-2012, 01:36 PM
ive been there for about 4 years now.. nice to see you guys here... sending postcards to the rest of the fanbase..

Carr Bombed
12-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Not only have I closed the book on Schaub, I've closed the book on Gary Kubiak as well. Schaub is just a extension of his head coach. In big games/situations both suffer from turtle ____ syndrome and come up short.

Bulls on Parade
12-30-2012, 01:40 PM
It's too late to replace him with a QB who is better. We missed our chance on Peyton Manning last off-season. I don't see anybody else out there who you can deem an upgrade? We've thrown all our eggs into the Schaub basket. He better pick up his level of play and lead us to a second half comeback win today,

silvrhand
12-30-2012, 01:43 PM
been telling you guys for years, but Schaub..

- can't throw the long ball
- late or doesn't do his progression
- can't run for (*)@$#

Not a good combination, defenses are sitting on the short/mid range zones and trying to force the long ball.

Say Watt
12-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Agreed. This team looks totally out of it. They don't even look like they want to be there. I want Gary Kubiak out and honestly, I don't want Wade as his replacement. Wade is missing ONE major defensive player in Brian Cushing. I know that is a major blow, but it shouldn't destroy your entire defense.

I want them all gone. This team needs new management and a new quarterback.

Marcus
12-30-2012, 01:44 PM
also ready to close the book on Kubiak. He should have been gone and Wade saved his job. Now its time for Wade to take his job. Kubiak is a little bich

Last I checked, Kubiak isn't the one who is under throwing his receivers. I could be wrong about that, though. Oh wait, I get it. He picked the QB though, right?

Lame.

But back to the OP, yeah, I'm ready to close the book on Schaub myself.

How is it freaking possible to be so disgusted, disappointed, and embarrassed about a soon to be 12-4 team. This is just nuts.

Rey
12-30-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm very close to wanting to see Yates.

I'll take moxie and mobility over "knowing the playbook backwards and forwards" at this point.

Schaub has to play better. The colts arent even all that.

Tailgate
12-30-2012, 01:49 PM

I'll take moxie and mobility over "knowing the playbook backwards and forwards" at this point.

Schaub has to play better. The colts arent even all that.

Was just thinking this.

Lucky
12-30-2012, 01:49 PM
It's too late to replace him with a QB who is better. We missed our chance on Peyton Manning last off-season.

There was no cap room to sign Manning.

TimeKiller
12-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Look at that a player showing some emotion!!!

ajohnson80
12-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Last I checked, Kubiak isn't the one who is under throwing his receivers. I could be wrong about that, though. Oh wait, I get it. He picked the QB though, right?

Lame.

But back to the OP, yeah, I'm ready to close the book on Schaub myself.

How is it freaking possible to be so disgusted, disappointed, and embarrassed about a soon to be 12-4 team. This is just nuts.

He controls every play, Schaub is an extension of Kubiak. Do you ever see Schaub audible? Schaub actually hits a good percentage of his throws. My problem with Kubiak is he goes through stretches where he is stubborn calling plays that aren't working. He is also conservative and that is rubbing off on the team. Get a big lead then take your foot off the gas pedal. We got a good record then took the gas pedal off. Without Wade he is an 8-8 coach the proof is there.

Norg
12-30-2012, 01:55 PM
OPen dat **** UP

Bigbots_02
12-30-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't give a damn about stats. I realize the OL is not playing well. I also realize Matt Schaub is a problem.

David Carr had potential right up until about mid-way through the 2004 season. I, amongst many others, tried to figure out what was going wrong for a long time period after that. I'm able to recognize that folly now. Schaub has hit his ceiling, and he simply cannot make deep throws when the guy is not ten yards clear of a defender.

Lol, When I said this last week I was the "Idiot"

AMartin56
12-30-2012, 02:04 PM

It's not like Yates needs to know more than a handful of plays with Kubiak's play calling. 90% of that Dennys menu must have omelet recipes on it.

GP
12-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Texans, in miracle fashion, found their MOJO.

Talk about waiting until the 11th hour!

GP
12-30-2012, 02:05 PM
It's not like Yates needs to know more than a handful of plays with Kubiak's play calling. 90% of that Dennys must have omelet recipes on it.

LOL. I laughed out loud. Rep your way.

Texecutioner
12-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Seems like just about everyone is totally missing it.

Schaub is not the biggest problem with this team. Kubiak is and always will be. THe O line has played worse, the running game has played worse, our WR's outside of AJ are terrible and have been for years. This entire offense has fallen off and who is that on?? It's one the guy controlling it all and that's Kubiak and his turtle syndrome. Kubiak doesn't ignite or pump up the players. People forget how bad this team was until Wade brought a great defense. Scaub my be playing worse, but it amazes me that people have no ability to see that this entire offense is playing worse.

AMartin56
12-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Is it time for a new special teams coach yet?

Bigbots_02
12-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Seems like just about everyone is totally missing it.

Schaub is not the biggest problem with this team. Kubiak is and always will be. THe O line has played worse, the running game has played worse, our WR's outside of AJ are terrible and have been for years. This entire offense has fallen off and who is that on?? It's one the guy controlling it all and that's Kubiak and his turtle syndrome. Kubiak doesn't ignite or pump up the players. People forget how bad this team was until Wade brought a great defense. Scaub my be playing worse, but it amazes me that people have no ability to see that this entire offense is playing worse.

I dont think people are missing it. I also thing everyone would agree with the fact that EVERYONE is playing under thier capabilities right noe. I think what we are saying (Atleast what Im saying) is hes the one that snaps the ball with time on the clock right into a blitz he knows he cant handle. Hes the one that underthrows his recievers. Hes the one that has no mobility to evade tackles. Hell, if they blitz him from the middle he wont even think about stepping to the side.

For me all im saying is, for someone that controls EVERY SINGLE PLAY... I think we could be playing loads better just my killing the QB mistakes

Bigbots_02
12-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Point proven... 3rd in 21 and he throws it to the RB with no chance over getting the 1st.

Mr. Texan
12-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Point proven... 3rd in 21 and he throws it to the RB with no chance over getting the 1st.

it's schaubs fault kubiak called a screen?

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 02:18 PM

If there was, do you think we would have?

Texecutioner
12-30-2012, 02:20 PM
I dont think people are missing it. I also thing everyone would agree with the fact that EVERYONE is playing under thier capabilities right noe. I think what we are saying (Atleast what Im saying) is hes the one that snaps the ball with time on the clock right into a blitz he knows he cant handle. Hes the one that underthrows his recievers. Hes the one that has no mobility to evade tackles. Hell, if they blitz him from the middle he wont even think about stepping to the side.

For me all im saying is, for someone that controls EVERY SINGLE PLAY... I think we could be playing loads better just my killing the QB mistakes

You just described problems all over the offense, but by your own admission only want to blame one person for the problems who doesn't control all of that. Geez, sometimes I wonder what some of you guys are thinking. It's like you don't even see an Oline and a Dline out there. Don't even bother thinking about the fact that we're supposed to be a running team that can't run the ball and that we run the majority of the time any way. Just blame Schaub for everything and things will get better.

This is an entire offense falling apart. That's on KUBIAK!! Sure, Schaub has playing bad right now, but he is only one of the many problems. If you can't see that and feel like it all needs to be addressed, then you're just being selective and aren't fully understanding how an offense works.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2012, 02:21 PM

That was the designed play, that's on Kubiak.

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 02:23 PM
He controls every play, Schaub is an extension of Kubiak. Do you ever see Schaub audible? Schaub actually hits a good percentage of his throws. My problem with Kubiak is he goes through stretches where he is stubborn calling plays that aren't working. He is also conservative and that is rubbing off on the team. Get a big lead then take your foot off the gas pedal. We got a good record then took the gas pedal off. Without Wade he is an 8-8 coach the proof is there.

I'm not buying that.

To me, it's the difference between when Carr was here & when Sage started, or when Schaub took over.

Same plays, just look totally different with an attitude change at QB.

Look at San Francisco. SAme plays.... different swagger.

Kubiak has his faults as well, just saying. The QB play issues are on Schaub.

Bigbots_02
12-30-2012, 02:24 PM
it's schaubs fault kubiak called a screen?

Im clearly not on the field but I would have guess there was someone further down the field with atleast a better chance.

I think schaub is a servicable QB but he need every single piece around him to work in order for him to be servicable

Mr. Texan
12-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Im clearly not on the field but I would have guess there was someone further down the field with atleast a better chance.

looks to me like it was designed to go to foster

Texecutioner
12-30-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm not buying that.

To me, it's the difference between when Carr was here & when Sage started, or when Schaub took over.

Same plays, just look totally different with an attitude change at QB.

Look at San Francisco. SAme plays.... different swagger.

Kubiak has his faults as well, just saying. The QB play issues are on Schaub.

Big contradiction to your posts before where you criticized Schaub.

Are you saying our running game is playing well right now??

Do you think our O line is playing really well right now??

Do you feel like the play calling is helping this team out right now??

That's a hell of a lot of questions I'm asking. I think there are rhetorical questions that should have a no at the end of it. That's a Kubiak problem when an entire offense has gotten this bad at the end of a season.

Ignoring who the HC and the over all leader of the offense is which is Kubiak is being selective at who you don't want to admit the problems are associated with. Schaub can't control his Oline or what happens in the running game.

Premier
12-30-2012, 02:30 PM
books suck..

Rey
12-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Give kubiak a better qb and this offense becomes consistently explosive.

Finding that better qb won't be easy though.

Texecutioner
12-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Give kubiak a better qb and this offense becomes consistently explosive.

Finding that better qb won't be easy though.

Funny how you weren't saying these things last season or even 5 games ago. All of a sudden Schaub has been the problem with this offense all these years?? Amazing that you kept this a secret all this time with as much as you post.

Kubiak's had a guy who has been at the better half of QB's around the league for years. He may not be playing great now, but neither is the rest of his turtle offense. Gary can't get this entire team ready to play, and that's the bottom line. What an excuse for Kubiak here.

Bigbots_02
12-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Funny how you weren't saying these things last season or even 5 games ago. All of a sudden Schaub has been the problem with this offense all these years?? Amazing that you kept this a secret all this time with as much as you post.

Kubiak's had a guy who has been at the better half of QB's around the league for years. He may not be playing great now, but neither is the rest of his turtle offense. Gary can't get this entire team ready to play, and that's the bottom line. What an excuse for Kubiak here.

I dont think schaub was the problem in the past. I just feel like Iv seen his ceiling. We have all seen him as good as hes going to get.

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Ok.... that one was on Andre. We want Schaub to throw that fade, just like that. Andre was looking for something on the inside, which was a viable option as well... one of them was wrong, I'm thinking it was Andre.

I liked that throw.

Texecutioner
12-30-2012, 02:44 PM
I dont think schaub was the problem in the past. I just feel like Iv seen his ceiling. We have all seen him as good as hes going to get.

I agree with you here. I haven't thought that he would get any better for a few years, but that wasn't a problem to me unless the Texans were going to go out and try to find a better QB. I knew that they never would.

People in here actually think that Yates is a good QB which is a crazy idea all together. If you want to replace Schaub then fine. Replace him when you actually have an opportunity to get someone that could be a "great" QB for years and years. Don't replace just to replace. Replace the "right" way. Trying to annoint Yates as the next guy just because he happens to be on this team would be do nothing but prolong a bad QB situation.

Dawgnme
12-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Just about? Been about.

Rey
12-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Ok.... that one was on Andre. We want Schaub to throw that fade, just like that. Andre was looking for something on the inside, which was a viable option as well... one of them was wrong, I'm thinking it was Andre.

I liked that throw.

That throw was terrible. Andre has inside position and you throw it long and outside. Stronger arm and he could take some air off it and put it in there...

TimeKiller
12-30-2012, 02:49 PM
I am too. Whenever Manning had the monkey on his back that he couldn't win a big game it was because Manning is consistently awesome and the big game was for a ring.

When I say Schaub can't win a big game, I'm talking about a friggin regular season game with much lower achievements on the line. Schaub can't even win the big games that lead up to bigger games.

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Big contradiction to your posts before where you criticized Schaub.

How is it a contradiction? I'm still criticizing Schaub?

Are you saying our running game is playing well right now??

Do you think our O line is playing really well right now??

Do you feel like the play calling is helping this team out right now??

That's a hell of a lot of questions I'm asking. I think there are rhetorical questions that should have a no at the end of it. That's a Kubiak problem when an entire offense has gotten this bad at the end of a season.

Ignoring who the HC and the over all leader of the offense is which is Kubiak is being selective at who you don't want to admit the problems are associated with. Schaub can't control his Oline or what happens in the running game.

The Texans problems are like an onion, that's all I'm saying. There are layers to our problems.

Kubiak's got problems. Schaub's got problems. To blame them all on Kubiak isn't always prudent. I'm not ignoring Kubiak's issues. But I'm seeing a lot of the things we wanted to see in the play calling today. That we aren't executing is a Kubiak issue, but in a round about way.

He's not calling the plays when we expect him to, well, I don't think we'd be happy with anyone.

silvrhand
12-30-2012, 02:53 PM
That throw was terrible. Andre has inside position and you throw it long and outside. Stronger arm and he could take some air off it and put it in there...

It was a hail mary basically, he was hoping that Andre would be in the back of the end zone. Matt hasn't been progressing his reads at all he just stares down Andre and keeps throwing it to him.

DX-TEX
12-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Close it, burn it and shoot the ashes into space

ajohnson80
12-30-2012, 02:56 PM
I agree with the Kubiak take. This guy should have been gone years ago, but he always does just enough to get another chance. This team is too talented to take on his turtle shell personality, and i hate to see our window wasted. Letting Wade go be a hc elsewhere will be a huge mistake.

Dread-Head
12-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Why does Matt Schaub still have a JOB!!!!!

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 02:58 PM

Andre started outside, then cut back in. Hard to tell when the ball was released, but Schaub probably made up his mind before Andre cut back in.

panamamyers
12-30-2012, 03:03 PM
You'd be hard pressed to find a worse starting qb in the league. Hell, I would rather have a lot of backups out there over Schaub.
He's just a loser, born loser. He doesn't have the ability to will himself or his team to any sort of higher level of play.
He folds up like a cheap suit.

nut
12-30-2012, 03:08 PM
schaub doesn't have any arm strength, he is not a leader, he hears footsteps and he makes bad decisions. but he is going to the pro bowl.

Corrosion
12-30-2012, 03:26 PM

Meh , they shoulda kept MW , Signed Manning and traded for Megatron .... Cap room be damned .... Oh and bought Bill Belichick from the Patriots while they were at it.

(Do I need to post the sarcasm thingy ?!)

rolyat93
12-30-2012, 03:31 PM
His performance today hurt my heart. Why do I keep doing this to myself.

mariowillshine15
12-30-2012, 03:36 PM
His tendency to just go down at the slightest bit of pressure is awful. He doesn't even try to extend the play just go down.

No wonder the defense has given up the last 2 games. They just imitate Schaub.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2012, 03:43 PM
His performance today hurt my heart. Why do I keep doing this to myself.

His performance today hurt my liver, but after watching this team for a decade plus, the area wear he hurt me was just a old scar.

HJam72
12-30-2012, 03:47 PM
The D isn't giving up; they just need to keep the freaking safeties back. That play today was the kind of wicked go-for-it play that Kubiak does not run, though. I don't really blame our D for getting beat by that play, especially since Luck did what Schaub could not have and put the ball right where the receiver needed it.

GP
12-30-2012, 03:48 PM
His tendency to just go down at the slightest bit of pressure is awful. He doesn't even try to extend the play just go down.

No wonder the defense has given up the last 2 games. They just imitate Schaub.

Our defense in the recent games, they come out and try really hard at the onset of the game.

Then, as Kubiak and Schaub piss our chances away, you can see them just sort of let up a little. Then they let up a whole lot at the end.

How can they be blamed? They've been covering for Gary for two years. TWO.

Gary plays it safe when we're pinned inside our own 10...going for screen plays and draw plays..punting the ball so that defense can maybe produce a turnover or force another punt. I've even seen Gary end up doing this twice on back-to-back possessions in one game.

As a guy on defense, I'd have to look at the culmination of Kubiak's efforts and I'd have to think 'I'm on my ****ing OWN out here. On an island. It's on me, 24/7, to cover for the HC and his failure of a QB."

Nobody can withstand that for an extended period of time. That they have done what they have done, for two seasons, is actually really good. They're bigger men than I would have been. JJ Watt is the reason. That guy is gold.

And he now joins AJ as two golden players who are sunk by Kubiak's pewter ass.

HJam72
12-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Since I mentioned Kubiak, why do we make one of our big long pass attempts go to LeStar Jean turtling down the sideline with a corner hopping and skipping along, stride for stride, with joy and melody in his heart???

AJ, Posey, & Martin are ALL faster than him; so are the corners...

mariowillshine15
12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Since I mentioned Kubiak, why do we make one of our big long pass attempts go to LeStar Jean turtling down the sideline with a corner hopping and skipping along, stride for stride, with joy and melody in his heart???

The defense knows that and leaves him one on one for that reason.

HJam72
12-30-2012, 03:55 PM
I would add that the D just gets tired after a while with the O not keeping the ball long enough. Today, I'm also pretty sure I saw them stop trying to tackle as much as everybody is trying the knock the ball out or strip it, because the D understandably has little faith in our O to get 2 TDs in 8 minutes or less, especially 5 minutes or less. This is not the first time I've seen this. They give up first downs, but at least they are trying to do something, unlike our O that just kind of melts out there.

Mr teX
12-30-2012, 03:58 PM

1 of my biggest problems with this team thus far...we keep doing the same **** and its not working. We have now thrown that fly route to jean 3 straight games and not once has this dude been anywhere close to open. HE'S JUST NOT FAST ENOUGH SO STOP THROWING THAT **** KUBIAK!!!!!!

EllisUnit
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM

He had his CB beat, it was just over thrown. We have seen Jean go deep a few times once he dropped the ball once while hitting the ground, and the other 2 he was open the throws were just bad.

Pantherstang84
12-30-2012, 04:06 PM
You know I feel like I am back in the HWWNBN days. I defended that dude too long and I defended Schaub too long but not as long as I did HWWNBN.

Last year I went on record saying having Schaub in the post season would have made the difference in the Texans playoff success. Now I know I was just delusional.

GuerillaBlack
12-30-2012, 04:06 PM
HoustonTexans
@HoustonTexans

Schaub: we have to find a way to correct some things and turn them into positives.

At least he has figured it out now guys. :rolleyes:

amazing80
12-30-2012, 04:09 PM
HoustonTexans
@HoustonTexans

Schaub: we have to find a way to correct some things and turn them into positives.

At least he has figured it out now guys. :rolleyes:

the problem is, everyone figured out it, its HIM he just cant see it

Carr Bombed
12-30-2012, 04:09 PM
I wonder if James Harden can play QB? :)

klockWork
12-30-2012, 04:10 PM

I don't know what angle you looking from but seems to me a perfect throw can get to Jean's hands.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't know what angle you looking from but seems to me a perfect throw can get to Jean's hands.

Yeah I didn't get that either. Jean beat his man and was open (did his job), it was just a poorly inaccurate deep ball (where have we seen that before?).

Mr teX
12-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah I didn't get that either. Jean beat his man and was open (did his job), it was just a poorly inaccurate deep ball (where have we seen that before?).

What????????

GuerillaBlack
12-30-2012, 04:27 PM
I wonder if James Harden can play QB? :)

The Rockets at least make me happy. They know how to work the cap and make the right trades.

Goatcheese
12-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Are we really having this discussion about a QB who has thrown for 4,000+ yards in 3 of the last 4 seasons and was on pace to throw for 4,000+ when he broke his foot last year?

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but come on.

We're worse than average at LG and WR2345.
We're bad at RG RT and FB.

That's half the offense and doesn't even account for the RBs playing like dog crap for big stretches.

Other than Brown, most of this team's premium contracts and draft picks have gone to acquiring defensive players and yet, year after year Schaub and Kubiak carry the offense to a high ranking.

Schaub is not a problem and certainly not the problem.

panamamyers
12-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Are we really having this discussion about a QB who has thrown for 4,000+ yards in 3 of the last 4 seasons and was on pace to throw for 4,000+ when he broke his foot last year?

That's half the offense and doesn't even account for the RBs playing like dog crap for big stretches.

Other than Brown, most of this team's premium contracts and draft picks have gone to acquiring defensive players and yet, year after year Schaub and Kubiak carry the offense to a high ranking.

Name me a qb that has started all 16 games of a season in the last five years and did not at least get in the neighborhood of 4,000 yards. This isn't 1978. 4,000 yards is pretty much base level, average

djohn2oo8
12-30-2012, 04:40 PM

Schaub's crucial interceptions say otherwise.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2012, 04:44 PM
What????????

Did I stutter or mistype? A better thrown ball would've been a completion. I wasn't happy with the throw he made to Daniels on a crutial 3rd down either. He basically threw the ball into the ground and didn't give him a chance to make a play.

MEGA SWATT
12-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Matt Schaub is done. Bring in Vick and put Matt Schaub in as back up like the good old days......:kitten::thinking:

ATXtexanfan
12-30-2012, 04:47 PM
What????????

umm good route bad throw???? have you seen the play?

panamamyers
12-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Did I stutter or mistype? A better thrown ball would've been a completion. I wasn't happy with the throw he made to Daniels on a crutial 3rd down either. He basically threw the ball into the ground and didn't give him a chance to make a play.

Andre was about to be wide open for a td on that one to Daniels. Would have been in the open five yards clear of everyone. Those are the types of plays that don't get talked about that a good qb would make, which brings me back to my initial point that Texans fans, for the most part, simply aren't sophisticated enough football fans to understand what they do or don't have with Schaub at qb.

Mr teX
12-30-2012, 04:50 PM

Jean has never been open on those fly routes....NEVER...dont know what you're looking at...every time they've thrown that pass, the cb has been in lock step with jean ....right in his hip pocket...

Mr teX
12-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Andre was about to be wide open for a td on that one to Daniels. Would have been in the open five yards clear of everyone. Those are the types of plays that don't get talked about that a good qb would make, which brings me back to my initial point that Texans fans, for the most part, simply aren't sophisticated enough football fans to understand what they do or don't have with Schaub at qb.

Yeah thats it...:rolleyes:

ATXtexanfan
12-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Jean has never been open on those fly routes....NEVER...dont know what you're looking at...every time they've thrown that pass, the cb has been in lock step with jean ....right in his hip pocket...

placement of the ball. schaub dont have that

panamamyers
12-30-2012, 05:11 PM

Sorry Mrs. Schaub, but Jean was wide ass open on that play. Those are the types of plays that real qb's make.

Mr teX
12-30-2012, 05:13 PM
placement of the ball. schaub dont have that

Only elites have that kind of precision........and if everyone concedes that schaub isn't elite....why are u surprised that the ball wasnt placed perfectly?

Besides, even with that pass being placed perfectly, still doesn't mean Jean's coming down with that pass....not with the cb that close in the vicinity.

Mr teX
12-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Sorry Mrs. Schaub, but Jean was wide ass open on that play. Those are the types of plays that real qb's make.

Panamyers is here....why am i not surprised....clown

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 05:15 PM
I would add that the D just gets tired after a while with the O not keeping the ball long enough.

The Colts first score came on the opening drive of the game. Defensively, we looked lost. They drove the length of the field & scored a TD on the opening drive. Can't blame the offensive ineptitude for that.

GuerillaBlack
12-30-2012, 05:16 PM

Schaub just doesn't have the arm to get it over the top and get it to Jean in stride.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2012, 05:16 PM

Umm... what I'm looking at is actual game film. The ball was snapped at 24 sec left in the 3rd and guess what? For a guy who "never beats his man and always has his defender in lock step", he sure as heck got behind his defender there and BEAT HIM... hell he even beat the safety who cheated to his side. For a man who has never gotten open it's amazing he even made it to the NFL isn't it? :rolleyes:

Look, nobody is going to argue that Jean is some track star with sub 4.3 speed, but he GOT OPEN AND BEAT HIS MAN ON THAT PLAY. A better throw would've been a completion, Lestar Jean did nothing wrong on that play, all he did was get open and provide a window to throw to... it's not his fault his QB can't hit open windows down the field cosistently.

Nawzer
12-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Schaub sucks. Why are we even debating this anymore?

HJam72
12-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Schaub sucks. Why are we even debating this anymore?

We're not; we're just stewing.

ATXtexanfan
12-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Only elites have that kind of precision........and if everyone concedes that schaub isn't elite....why are u surprised that the ball wasnt placed perfectly?

Besides, even with that pass being placed perfectly, still doesn't mean Jean's coming down with that pass....not with the cb that close in the vicinity.

well no precision with no run games means we lose. time to move on at qb

TEXANRED
12-30-2012, 05:36 PM
We're not; we're just stewing.

I am beyond stewed. All the waters done boiled out of this pot now the meat and taters are burning on top of the stove.

leebigeztx
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM
been telling you guys for years, but Schaub..

- can't throw the long ball
- late or doesn't do his progression
- can't run for (*)@$#

Not a good combination, defenses are sitting on the short/mid range zones and trying to force the long ball. yep,been sying this for awhile and thats why he's struggled against good lb play. Theyre controlling the middle of the field and daring him to throw outside which he cant.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2012, 05:53 PM

What the hell is the point in your argument, because now I'm confused. Your argument has changed from "Jean wasn't open" to "well if he was, there's no gaurantee he would've made the play" which has no relevance in this discussion. Even one of the best in the biz can drop a easy catch (Andre), the point is Jean never got a chance to succeed or fail when he broke "lock step" and was open for a reception down field.

Mr teX
12-30-2012, 05:57 PM
What the hell is the point in your argument, because now I'm confused. Your argument has changed from "Jean wasn't open" to "well if he was, there's no gaurantee he would've made the play" which has no relevance in this discussion. Even one of the best in the biz can drop a easy catch (Andre), the point is Jean never got a chance to succeed or fail when be broke "lock step" and was open for a reception down field.

Shut up dude

ATXtexanfan
12-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Shut up dude

fight fight

Carr Bombed
12-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Shut up dude

Post something of substance (because your argument is all over the place) or just quit posting... dude.

amazing80
12-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Shut up dude

good one

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/f/fd/Picard-no-facepalm.jpg

TexCanada
12-30-2012, 06:26 PM
As frustrated as I am right now, i am going to try and delay any further judgement until after playoffs. The whole team gets to wipe everything clean right now and try to make a run, Schaub included.

ATXtexanfan
12-30-2012, 06:28 PM
fine i'll do it. book closed. carry on nothing to see here.

HJam72
12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
good one

Here's one: Your team sux. :kubepalm:

Hervoyel
12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Can't do it. Won't do it. **** them all. They get this same "Oh yeah? Well cross THIS line!" clean slate every year they do this crap and all that ever accomplishes is that every year they find some new, more painful, more ridiculous way to crush the hopes and dreams of their fans.

They're a bunch of heartless bums until they accomplish something and prove otherwise.

nut
12-30-2012, 06:39 PM
It is more Kubiak's fault with his playcalling. Schaub is an average qb with minimal arm strength. Kubiak has destroyed his confidence as well by his calls in the red zone.

GuerillaBlack
12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Can't do it. Won't do it. **** them all. They get this same "Oh yeah? Well cross THIS line!" clean slate every year they do this crap and all that ever accomplishes is that every year they find some new, more painful, more ridiculous way to crush the hopes and dreams of their fans.

They're a bunch of heartless bums until they accomplish something and prove otherwise.

Last year being the only exception of course. That team had heart and passion. I have no idea whats up, but it's amazing watching New England and Denver play with that same heart and passion and like they are playing for something. It's so stunning to see the Texans come out flat like that with the #1 seed on the line. So weak minded.

mariowillshine15
12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
It is more Kubiak's fault with his playcalling. Schaub is an average qb with minimal arm strength. Kubiak has destroyed his confidence as well by his calls in the red zone.

I remember when we were money in the red zone and Foster would just glide in for a td.

Rey
12-30-2012, 06:41 PM

A step is open and Jean has had a step quite a few times.

You are making excuses now.

Schaub has played mediocre to really bad for a while now.

otisbean
12-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Gotta agree with you, go back and watch the GB game, Rodgers was hitting guys that were flat out covered. I used to really like Schaub but I'm cooling on him considerably. I think he has topped at as a pretty good QB that ranks somewhere between 10-20. I'm not sure what to do about him. I know there not going to trade him, I guess the first step is to improve the OL as much as possible. BTW, I'm not putting it all on him but he has a large chunk of the blame for the recent offensive slide

TEXANRED
12-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Gotta agree with you, go back and watch the GB game, Rodgers was hitting guys that were flat out covered. I used to really like Schaub but I'm cooling on him considerably. I think he has topped at as a pretty good QB that ranks somewhere between 10-20. I'm not sure what to do about him. I know there not going to trade him, I guess the first step is to improve the OL as much as possible. BTW, I'm not putting it all on him but he has a large chunk of the blame for the recent offensive slide

Schaub has always been in a middle of the pack QB. At this point we have to ask ourselves, is this our guy? Can we win with this guy?

The answer, for me, is no. No we can't win with this guy.

Nawzer
12-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Schaub has always been in a middle of the pack QB. At this point we have to ask ourselves, is this our guy? Can we win with this guy?

We can win with him, but every god damned thing has to go right. :toropalm:

TEXANRED
12-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Right? God help you if something goes wrong. It's like the wheels to Schaub's bus are held on by dried mud and chewing gum.

Rey
12-30-2012, 08:01 PM

Well then we can't win with him.

This is a kubiak coached team and everything going right Wont happen.

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Andre was about to be wide open for a td on that one to Daniels. Would have been in the open five yards clear of everyone. Those are the types of plays that don't get talked about that a good qb would make,

He rushed that throw. He felt the phantom pressure on that one & that ball was burning a hole in his hand.

Texans fans, for the most part, simply aren't sophisticated enough football fans to understand what they do or don't have with Schaub at qb.

Are you a Texans fan?

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 08:08 PM

I may have be thinking about the wrong one, but if that's the one he overthrew Jean, I think Jean should have laid out to get that one. Not perfect ball placement, but the ball was in play & the receiver needs to make that play.

Yes, a better QB would make that throw. But nowhere near 100% of the time.

mariowillshine15
12-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Well then we can't win with him.

This is a kubiak coached team and everything going right Wont happen.

It went right 12 times. He has played like crap for a while now but we were still winning.

If the wheels have come off of him before we even get into his extension years. Yikes.

Pantherstang84
12-30-2012, 08:51 PM

But he is Kubiak's guy. That is all that matters to McNair. Sorry folks we are stuck with Kubiak and Schaub for the foreseeable future. As someone else already said, "Welcome to South Cincinatti and not quite good enough." Every season from now on will be Groundhog Day.

panamamyers
12-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Everyone else tries to upgrade when they have a placeholder like Schaub. We have become content with him being the guy.
He is the modern day equivalent of Jon Kitna, Trent Dilfer, Steve Beuerlein.
By all rights, Schaub should be a journeyman qb that goes from team to team and tries to get a shot here and there like Rex Grossman, nothing more and nothing less.

IlliniJen
12-30-2012, 09:01 PM
But he is Kubiak's guy. That is all that matters to McNair. Sorry folks we are stuck with Kubiak and Schaub for the foreseeable future. As someone else already said, "Welcome to South Cincinatti and not quite good enough." Every season from now on will be Groundhog Day.

Goddamn, I just wrote the same thing in a different thread....good but never good enough. What a sad prospect for this team. Sticking with Kubes and Schaub for years...with no true excellence in sight during their reign.

Premier
12-30-2012, 09:11 PM
A step is open and Jean has had a step quite a few times.

You are making excuses now.

Schaub has played mediocre to really bad for a while now.

yup, how many times did we see kareem blanket lance moore and brees put a pass right behind kareems noggin into moores chest.. schaub cant throw guys open and cant beat tight coverage.. dbs eyes light up at those putrid throws like sluggers eyes light up when theyre sitting on curveball and get a big fat hanger in their wheel house..

Rey
12-30-2012, 09:20 PM
It went right 12 times. He has played like crap for a while now but we were still winning.

If the wheels have come off of him before we even get into his extension years. Yikes.

Detroit won a lot if games with kitna at qb too.

hradhak
12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
I think the real problem started in the offseason when we let the right side of the line walk. We have not been able to run as well this season and that has led to poor offensive play both running and passing.

I'm not defending Schaub. His play has been inconsistent at best. But right now it will be difficult to get a QB to come here and who can step in and play. Schaub is our guy for the forseeable future. We have to fix the pieces around him to make this team the offense that we had of 2-3 years ago.

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 11:09 PM

We won with him playing like crap before now, because we were playing crap teams. To win in December against teams with something to play for, he can't play like crap. We need everybody's A game from here on out.

We need the passing game, the running game, the pass defense, the run defense.

It would be nice to get the special teams on board as well, but we know that ain't happening.

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Detroit won a lot if games with kitna at qb too.

Never won 10.

I remember when Jon guaranteed they would win 10 games.

That was pretty funny. I watched a couple of games that year & I remember saying, "These guys are making up ways to lose football games..." smh.

Then we had that 2010 year.