PDA

View Full Version : Colts are 7 Point Dogs

CloakNNNdagger
12-28-2012, 10:37 PM
With an over/under of 46.5 total points......so a low scoring game is not expected.

JJ should have a feast with the 40 sack Colts.

Foster has a chance to duplicate his last Colts performance.

Despite the fact that Luck has broken the rookie passing record, he has not completed more then 48.6% of his passes in his last four games.

Avg Points: Houston 26.7 Colts 21.9
Avg Points Allowed Houston 20.2 Colts 24.7

All things being said, if we play like last week, all that a 7 spot assures us a is poor showing and a likely loss.

MEGA SWATT
12-28-2012, 10:59 PM
JJ Watt going to go nuts on Luck - :swatter::swatter:

BullNation4Life
12-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Texans are 0-11 playing in Indy, and one loss was against Dan Orlovsky and a better Texans defense...

Thorn
12-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Zero's don't stay zeros forever in the NFL. At some point that zero will be a one. Just sayin'

BullNation4Life
12-28-2012, 11:21 PM
11 loses and counting...

Haven't shown anything in 11 games in Indy to prove otherwise...

The #1 seed might as well be sand, because it is slipping right through the Texans fingers and has been for about 6 weeks now...

coltfan123
12-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Zero's don't stay zeros forever in the NFL. At some point that zero will be a one. Just sayin'

texans had alot of firsts this year beat ravens:)

utahmark
12-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Texans are 0-11 playing in Indy, and one loss was against Dan Orlovsky and a better Texans defense...

The first 10 were mostly different players. Last year we played our backups. This group of starters has never played at Indy. Your whole post is irrelevant.

C Madd
12-28-2012, 11:35 PM
11 loses and counting...

The #1 seed might as well be sand, because it is slipping right through the Texans fingers and has been for about 6 weeks now...

I would compare the previous meeting to flipping a coin. All the previous results have no bearing on the next flip, just like the previous games will have no bearing on the outcome of Sunday's game.

infantrycak
12-28-2012, 11:39 PM

Do you really think that counts for crap? Remind me how many members of the 2002 team are still here? Oh, that would be none. Tell me how many of those games Luck played in and how many Manning played?

These kinds of stats are meaningless. Hey what is the Texans record when a black bull is standing under a mesquite tree during a rain storm?

C Madd
12-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Do you really think that counts for crap? Remind me how many members of the 2002 team are still here? Oh, that would be none. Tell me how many of those games Luck played in and how many Manning played?

These kinds of stats are meaningless. Hey what is the Texans record when a black bull is standing under a mesquite tree during a rain storm?

12-19, but most of those losses were in the early years of the franchise.

BullNation4Life
12-28-2012, 11:46 PM
The first 10 were mostly different players. Last year we played our backups. This group of starters has never played at Indy. Your whole post is irrelevant.

Um, no, starters played the whole game and got beat by Dan freaking Orlovsky...

Look up the stat sheet...

0-11

BullNation4Life
12-28-2012, 11:48 PM

Same defense got beat last year...by Dan Orlovsky and a 2-14 Indy team...

With all starter playing minus Schaub and AJ...care to explain that bit of fact?

0-11 and counting...

ajohnson80
12-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Orlovsky was playing on the adrenaline of facing his old team. lol

Anyways, you will have a hard time convincing anyone that 0-11 means anything. If your so confident maybe you would like to give me even pick em action on a texans win :shades:

Big Lou
12-29-2012, 12:19 AM

If you give me the ambient temperature, relative humidity, month, celestial alignment, and what you had for dinner yesterday I would be happy to input the data and get you an answers.

if we want to get in to stats, the Texans have never lost a game they were leading with 0 seconds remaining. So we have that going for us.

Big Lou
12-29-2012, 12:27 AM

With all starter playing minus Schaub and AJ...care to explain that bit of fact?

0-11 and counting...

Are you in any way related to Bud Adams?

Maddict5
12-29-2012, 01:52 AM
cak is right though... how many of those stupid 'never has' texans stats have they broken in the last 2 yrs. if you think 0-11 or whatever, has anything to do w/ how the texans approach sundays game, sorry but it doesnt... those are spit out by pr depts and idle fans looking for discussion

Surreal McCoy
12-29-2012, 06:25 AM
Hey what is the Texans record when a black bull is standing under a mesquite tree during a rain storm?

1-2. Because Kubiak isn't a leader of men...:rolleyes:

IDEXAN
12-29-2012, 08:12 AM
People are expecting Indy to pull their starters early, probably having them out shortly after the beginning of the second half if not sooner. And if Luck is under any real pressure, they yank him immediately. If not for the expectation of Indy's starting departing early, I suspect the game would be a "pick'em".

Speedy
12-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Weird math y'all are using, and not that it matters, but the Texans are 0-10 in Indy, not 0-11. At least not yet.

And those numbers mean nothing Sunday. The Texans had never beaten the Jets and Ravens until this season. Never won in Detroit. That stuff has nothing to do with anything about the game to be played.

EllisUnit
12-29-2012, 10:13 AM
11 loses and counting...

The of little faith. Behold the gift bestold up onto you. For in indy thy will win, and advance to thy second round once again.

Just saying.......

ObsiWan
12-29-2012, 10:23 AM

0-11 and counting...

Do you recall the game at all??

You talk like we got blown away.
They won by THREE.
Remember those two BS calls the zebras made on JJ Watt and that bogus pass interference call on that same drive. The D made plays to get off the field and the zebras kept giving the Colts additional chances.

So don't talk like we got blown out and embarrassed. The Zebras gave the Colts that game.

Ranger Tom
12-29-2012, 10:32 AM
The Vikings were underdogs, too.

EllisUnit
12-29-2012, 10:38 AM

And the cowboys used to be americas team, Hitler once ruled Europe, America was once land of the free, The state speed limit used to be 70 MPH max, Atari once was cool, Colored TV was once only for wealthy people, David Carr was once the face of the franchise, Dom Capers used to lead us.....Do i really need to continue ?

Nitrofish
12-29-2012, 12:56 PM
And the cowboys used to be americas team, Hitler once ruled Europe, America was once land of the free, The state speed limit used to be 70 MPH max, Atari once was cool, Colored TV was once only for wealthy people, David Carr was once the face of the franchise, Dom Capers used to lead us.....Do i really need to continue ?

Great post! Rep to you!

But you forgot "The Castaways from Gilligan's Island were still marooned"

axman40
12-29-2012, 01:03 PM
The correct title for this thread would read Texans 7 point favorite!
:fans::fans::fans::fans::fans:

jaayteetx
12-29-2012, 01:04 PM
The Texans are gonna win by at least 20, mark it down.

Dread-Head
12-29-2012, 01:04 PM
It's our turn. Luck is no Payton Manning...YET. He hasn't EARNED the right to be in the playoffs. The Texans are more hungry.

thunderkyss
12-29-2012, 02:03 PM

Forget about the W-L..... the Colts, like the Texans have had a relatively week schedule.

Watch how they play. The Colts is one of the most mistake prone teams in the league.

Even if the starters play, they will help us beat them. That's who they are. They did it last time, when we played poorly, & they'll do it again, even if we play poorly.

Because even when we play poorly, we are not giving the ball away. They are.

thunderkyss
12-29-2012, 02:04 PM

& the Vikings were on the road.

To be a dawg at home.... means no bueno.

:swatter:

utahmark
12-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Um, no, starters played the whole game and got beat by Dan freaking Orlovsky...

Look up the stat sheet...

0-11

Your right. Forgetful in my old age.

Do you want them to lose to prove your point or do you want a Texans win?

ATXtexanfan
12-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Did the Colts beat the vikings and packers?

C Madd
12-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Did the Colts beat the vikings and packers?

Did they beat the Bears, Jets, Jags x2 or Texans?

klockWork
12-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Texans fan hoping Colts won't play whole game without their starters will be disappointed and should be worried of how Indy will treat this game.
This will be their biggest game of the year. They playing for their return cancer-battled coach and they playing for momentum to take to the playoffs. That is a BIG factor. We will face the best Colts this season and the only way we beat them is if we play our most complete game of the season.

It's been so long since that happen that my vision of the next Texans win coming in that fashion probably won't happen till next season.

I expect Texans to lose this game. I just hope our consolation prize is JJ Watt gets the sack record.

gafftop
12-29-2012, 05:56 PM
If Texans don't win TO battle.
If Texans have 6 or more penalties
If Texans also lose special teams.
If Kubiak is predictable in his call playing as usual
and the Colts play starters all game and maybe even if they don't
I think Texans lose

I think Matt will feel the pressure and force the ball and we will lose TO battle.

I think Kubiak will be predictable in play calling and the Colts will pressure Matt on 3rd down and Matt will make mistakes. Matt is a huge liability when it comes to being able to create. He has really gotten worse as the season has progressed. I hoped at the beginning of he season he would get more mobile not less. i think there is a good chance once the season is over we hear that Matt has been injured and tried to play through it.

I think there is just too huge a difference between MS and Luck in being able to create when the play does not work perfectly.

Colts will be able to shut down running game even with all our pro bowlers and then tee off on Matt. Colts just need to shut down AJ and know they won't get hurt by other WR.

Shut down Watt on D and they will move the ball and score. It may not take much offense by the Colts to win this game because I don't see Texans scoring much unless the D has multiple take aways.

I know negative outlook but the memory of last weeks game has not faded yet.

Just my opinion. Hope I am wrong.

thunderkyss
12-29-2012, 06:19 PM

Just out of curiosity, what have you seen from the Colts that makes you believe they can do all that?

Stop the run game? Stop Jj Watt? Win the TO battle? Beat Gary's predictable play calling?

The whole gamut? To do everything you've stated, they would have to play the best game they've played all year. Starters or not.

gafftop
12-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Just out of curiosity, what have you seen from the Colts that makes you believe they can do all that?

Stop the run game? Stop Jj Watt? Win the TO battle? Beat Gary's predictable play calling?

The whole gamut? To do everything you've stated, they would have to play the best game they've played all year. Starters or not.

Stack the line and make Matt beat them only GK is determined to run.
Double team Watt.
Matt feels pressure tries to force it and throws one or two interceptions and loses the ball when Colts rush him.
Maybe I should have also added Gary's tendency to keep the other team in the game with his playcalling.

Sure hope you are right and i am dead wrong.

Thorn
12-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, whoever's right and whoever's wrong, we'll all know soon enough.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Ummmm, isn't 0-10? This being the eleventh time we played them, there????

thunderkyss
12-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Stack the line and make Matt beat them only GK is determined to run.
Double team Watt.
Matt feels pressure tries to force it and throws one or two interceptions and loses the ball when Colts rush him.
Maybe I should have also added Gary's tendency to keep the other team in the game with his playcalling.

Sure hope you are right and i am dead wrong.

Again, what makes you think the Colts can stop the run? even if they put 10 men on the line. They couldn't "decipher" Gary's grand plan last time. They doubled & tripled Watt..... he got 3 sacks.. he had one of the most dominant games of any Defensive Lineman at any time in history.

We're a good football team going through a slump.

They are not a good football team.

thunderkyss
12-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Ummmm, isn't 0-10? This being the eleventh time we played them, there????

In the minds of some "fans" we've already lost that game. We've also lost our first play-off game wild card weekend, & we've already blown up the team. They're looking for a new QB, RT, WR, & HC as we speak.

coltfan123
12-29-2012, 08:29 PM
It's our turn. Luck is no Payton Manning...YET. He hasn't EARNED the right to be in the playoffs. The Texans are more hungry.

didnt see that sunday looked like they wearnt there and are full of afc south champions...

2slik4u
12-29-2012, 08:44 PM

Yeah, and the other 10 were against Peyton Manning. Whats your point?

That stat means absolutely nothing.

New teams on both sides of the ball.

klockWork
12-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Again, what makes you think the Colts can stop the run? even if they put 10 men on the line. They couldn't "decipher" Gary's grand plan last time. They doubled & tripled Watt..... he got 3 sacks.. he had one of the most dominant games of any Defensive Lineman at any time in history.

We're a good football team going through a slump.

They are not a good football team.

They ARE a good football team. They're just not as talented as the Texans. Good football teams with inferior talents can beat a talented teams that is in a disarray at any given sunday. You add in the fact their desire to win for their cancer-battled coach and a pump-up home crowd, this underachieving Houston team is in trouble if they don't play a complete game.

2slik4u
12-29-2012, 09:01 PM
I was going to start a thread about this but I will just post in this one instead because I am a firm believer about NOT starting crap threads about my opinions or gut feelings...BUT...

I think we are going to dominate the Colts tomorrow. I know how we've played over the past month and a half and it hasnt been pretty. We all know that. I am not scared of Andrea (that was a typo but I think Ill keep it that way) Luck and the colts by any means. I think we(The Texans) have taken a beating from every angle...opposing offenses, opposing defenses, the media...hell...even the this damn message board. I think we come out hard and whip the **** out of the Colts to give not only the team some confidence, but the fans as we roll into the playoffs.

MY Predictions:

- JJ Watt breaks OR ties sack record
- Foster runs for 150 and a touch
- we hold their offense to 1 touchdown and a couple of FG's
- we cover the spread
- we win by 3 scores

Not sure why I am so confident but I think we will finally have something good to talk about and look forward to Sunday afternoon after the game.

...who the hell am I kidding? This is TexansTalk.com. Someone will find something to complain about...

Go Texans.

:fans:

EllisUnit
12-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Great post! Rep to you!

But you forgot "The Castaways from Gilligan's Island were still marooned"

Yeah i left out a lot haha, didnt want to get to long winded with it :)

TexansLucky13
12-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Double team Watt.

The Colts were double teaming him a few weeks ago and he still got his. In case you didn't notice.

Lucky
12-30-2012, 10:43 AM
This is TexansTalk.com. Someone will find something to complain about...

Go Texans.

There will be complaints that a bye week will have the team flat for the divisional round. I am sure of it.

Thanks for posting in an existing thread.

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 10:57 AM
They ARE a good football team. They're just not as talented as the Texans. Good football teams with inferior talents can beat a talented teams that is in a disarray at any given sunday. You add in the fact their desire to win for their cancer-battled coach and a pump-up home crowd, this underachieving Houston team is in trouble if they don't play a complete game.

Good football teams aren't -16 in turnovers. Good teams aren't -50 in points differential. Good teams don't give up 200+ yards rushing two weeks in a row.

2slik4u
12-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Good football teams aren't -16 in turnovers. Good teams aren't -50 in points differential. Good teams don't give up 200+ yards rushing two weeks in a row.

Completely agree with you. I think the colts are what most refer to as "paper champs". Plus the media just loves Andrew Luck. I think they are a team of opportunity and I will bet a crisp $20 bill that they get worked over in the first round exposing that they are out of their league.

klockWork
12-30-2012, 11:39 AM

Lopsided loss has contributed to those stats. But all good football teams win close games. The Colts have done that.
They didn't win 9 games this season by accident. No one was impressed by the Vikings season stats last week also.

I'm not saying they're better than the Texans. They clearly over match in personnel. But if you think Houston can win this game by playing good on only one aspect of the game you sadly mistaken. I don't think you realize the buzzsaw this game could be if Texans don't bring their A game to the field.

gafftop
12-30-2012, 02:50 PM
If Texans don't win TO battle.
If Texans have 6 or more penalties
If Texans also lose special teams.
If Kubiak is predictable in his call playing as usual
and the Colts play starters all game and maybe even if they don't
I think Texans lose

I think Matt will feel the pressure and force the ball and we will lose TO battle.

I think Kubiak will be predictable in play calling and the Colts will pressure Matt on 3rd down and Matt will make mistakes. Matt is a huge liability when it comes to being able to create. He has really gotten worse as the season has progressed. I hoped at the beginning of he season he would get more mobile not less. i think there is a good chance once the season is over we hear that Matt has been injured and tried to play through it.

I think there is just too huge a difference between MS and Luck in being able to create when the play does not work perfectly.

Colts will be able to shut down running game even with all our pro bowlers and then tee off on Matt. Colts just need to shut down AJ and know they won't get hurt by other WR.

Shut down Watt on D and they will move the ball and score. It may not take much offense by the Colts to win this game because I don't see Texans scoring much unless the D has multiple take aways.

I know negative outlook but the memory of last weeks game has not faded yet.

Damnit

BullNation4Life
12-30-2012, 02:54 PM
0-11

anybody else want to make excuses?

Told you all week this team will not win in Indy, not because I wanted them not to, because they have not show ANYTHING in 6, now 7 weeks that proves my case wrong. It was a simple eye test and the eyes don't lie, for the most part...

This is the SECOND year in a row THIS defense has gotten beaten in INDY...

When you are ready to open your eyes and see this team for the farce they are, come talk to me...

BullNation4Life
12-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, and the other 10 were against Peyton Manning. Whats your point?

That stat means absolutely nothing.

New teams on both sides of the ball.

No not new teams on both sides, this Texans defense was the same defense is pretty much is now and still got beat..

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 03:10 PM
I was wrong. The Colts played like a team ready for the play offs. I wouldn't be surprised if they win next week.

The Texans looked like the total opposite. I'd be surprised if they win next week.

Vinny
12-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I think I know who the real dogs were today.

klockWork
12-30-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't know how many times in a row this team can play badly to convince people here they could lose to ANY nfl teams. I'm baffled at the amount of people that believes the Colts would get destroyed. I've been trying to tell people this Colts team is not a bad team and that Luck is not overated. It sucks as hell that I'm right.

gafftop
12-30-2012, 03:25 PM
If anybody was overated it was Texans. 2 miraculous OT wins. Most of the other wins the D won not the O. You can't be elite team with MS as QB, Just too many physical liabilities.

2slik4u
12-30-2012, 03:36 PM
I was going to start a thread about this but I will just post in this one instead because I am a firm believer about NOT starting crap threads about my opinions or gut feelings...BUT...

I think we are going to dominate the Colts tomorrow. I know how we've played over the past month and a half and it hasnt been pretty. We all know that. I am not scared of Andrea (that was a typo but I think Ill keep it that way) Luck and the colts by any means. I think we(The Texans) have taken a beating from every angle...opposing offenses, opposing defenses, the media...hell...even the this damn message board. I think we come out hard and whip the **** out of the Colts to give not only the team some confidence, but the fans as we roll into the playoffs.

MY Predictions:

- we cover the spread
- we win by 3 scores

Not sure why I am so confident but I think we will finally have something good to talk about and look forward to Sunday afternoon after the game.

...who the hell am I kidding? This is TexansTalk.com. Someone will find something to complain about...

Go Texans.

Well, so much for that...

gafftop
12-30-2012, 03:45 PM
I was rooting for your post but we are too predictable on offense.
Not all Kubes fault we are just too limited physically at the most important position.

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
If anybody was overated it was Texans. 2 miraculous OT wins. Most of the other wins the D won not the O. You can't be elite team with MS as QB, Just too many physical liabilities.

The Texans proved you right today, but the Colts had more "miraculous" wins than we did.

If anything, those wins are a plus in our column. They show grit & the ability to win tough games. I understand the argument that those teams are bad & the games shouldn't have been close to begin with. But the fact remains, that there were issues that prevented us from playing our best football. We should have adjusted for those issues by now, we haven't. But that's a different story.

The D winning games.... again, that should be a plus for us. The problem now, is that our O can't be counted on & our defense isn't enough anymore.

& as far as Schaub & his physical limitations go, Watch the Denver/Chiefs game. Peyton Manning is making plays outside of the pocket. He'll scramble for 5 if he has to.

gafftop
12-30-2012, 03:48 PM
There will be complaints that a bye week will have the team flat for the divisional round. I am sure of it.

Thanks for posting in an existing thread.

I sure hope so but I don't think many complaints during a bye week we don't have

gafftop
12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
The Texans proved you right today, but the Colts had more "miraculous" wins than we did.

If anything, those wins are a plus in our column. They show grit & the ability to win tough games. I understand the argument that those teams are bad & the games shouldn't have been close to begin with. But the fact remains, that there were issues that prevented us from playing our best football. We should have adjusted for those issues by now, we haven't. But that's a different story.

The D winning games.... again, that should be a plus for us. The problem now, is that our O can't be counted on & our defense isn't enough anymore.

& as far as Schaub & his physical limitations go, Watch the Denver/Chiefs game. Peyton Manning is making plays outside of the pocket. He'll scramble for 5 if he has to.

I agree Manning is far superior to Schaub in every area including mobility.

mridge01
12-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Took colts money line +265.

klockWork
12-31-2012, 05:34 PM
I agree Manning is far superior to Schaub in every area including mobility.

LOL. Manning is superior to no one in the nfl at the mobility level. He's in the same club as Brady, Marino, Warner and Schaub in regards to mobility. If those guys go out and compete in an obstacle course with cones and hurdle their will be no clear winner. The difference is great QB like those are more fundamentally sound with their footwork and doesn't panicks when the pocket collapsed. They know when and where to slide their feet over or step up to get to a safer place to throw the ball.

You put Manning or any QB with pocket-savy and sound footwork behind our line I guaranteed you they will still perform at a high-level. No one will notice that Newton got whipped on the edge because someone like Brady would've step up from the pocket allowing the pass rush to run by. No one will notice Ben Jones got beat by a swim move because someone like Marino would've avoided the oncoming rush by simply sliding over to an area that would allow Jones to catchup to block the rusher.

Good QBs knows how to use a defender momentum against them. Good QB knows where to move in the pocket to give their blockers a better blocking angles. Schaub simply doesn't have the pocket-instinct and awareness to deal with pressure.

machineo
12-31-2012, 08:33 PM
LOL. Manning is superior to no one in the nfl at the mobility level.
Peyton was able to get the tackle on the Flowers interception. Not an example of pocket maneuverability but definitely an example of mobility.

jaayteetx
01-02-2013, 02:28 PM
The Texans are gonna win by at least 20, mark it down.

Boy, was I wrong!

klockWork
01-02-2013, 05:42 PM

MY Predictions:

- we cover the spread
- we win by 3 scores

Go Texans.

Ha Ha!

GP
01-02-2013, 05:52 PM
All you younger guys were predicting the win over the Colts due to your raw emotions.

I got news for you all: After this season, you'll learn that nothing is done until it's done. And even then, Goodell might find a way to UN-do it.

I was wild-eyed and high on life, too, but guys like Hervoyel and Lucky and Thorn and many more, ahem "seasoned" veterans, intervened into my message board life a few seasons ago...back during the final year of David Carr.

Through multiple sessions of therapy, they helped me overcome Houston Pro Football Over-Excitement Syndrome.

You still HOPE, don't get me wrong, but you have a reserve of rational thought left in your mind...a protective cocoon of sanity that reminds you that you, yes YOU!, are rooting for a Houston pro football team. And then instinct kicks in.