PDA

View Full Version : Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Stemp
12-26-2012, 10:53 AM
The way people are talking around here, you'd think this team was on the outside looking in with no shot at the playoffs instead of playing for the #1 overall seed.

I'm not sure I've seen a more miserable fanbase for a 12-3 team.

Hookem Horns
12-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Did you see the game on Sunday?

ThaShark316
12-26-2012, 11:01 AM
I'll repeat it:

Football fans, for the most part, hate everything.

Stemp
12-26-2012, 11:03 AM

Yes, I saw all 3 losses. I also saw the win the week before as well as the other 11 wins.

eriadoc
12-26-2012, 11:08 AM
The way people are talking around here, you'd think this team was on the outside looking in with no shot at the playoffs instead of playing for the #1 overall seed.

I'll pose two questions to you:

How do you think Texans fans would feel if they had started out 0-3 but were now 12-3? There's historical precedent to answer that, if you've lived in Houston long enough. How do you think fans would feel if the team had lost to the Packers and Patriots in a close, hard fought game?

This 12-3 argument is akin to arguing that Tebow is a good QB because the Broncos went to the playoffs with him last year. There are indicators and signs that belie the record. More importantly, record doesn't matter in the playoffs. Everyone is 0-0 and you can't lose.

ThaShark316
12-26-2012, 11:09 AM
I'll pose two questions to you:

How do you think Texans fans would feel if they had started out 0-3 but were now 12-3? There's historical precedent to answer that, if you've lived in Houston long enough. How do you think fans would feel if the team had lost to the Packers and Patriots in a close, hard fought game?

I seriously, SERIOUSLY think that depends on who you ask.

BullNation4Life
12-26-2012, 11:09 AM

It simple, the record is not reflecting what the eyes are seeing. This team for the last 6 weeks has played bad football, on both sides if the ball. The All Mighty Wade Phillips (Fools Gold Phillips as he is known around my house)defense has been hemorging for a while, and the all great Kubiaks conservative offense has been so unconsistent.

This team may in fact win a #1 seed, but they damn sure have not played like a #1 seed...that is the freaking misery of it all...

amazing80
12-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Its not that we're losing its HOW we're losing.

EllisUnit
12-26-2012, 11:11 AM

Just miserable with how the team has played 2 of the last 3 weeks. Our effort to secure home field last week just wasn't very inspiring for most on here.

BullNation4Life
12-26-2012, 11:15 AM

Some of it is also how they are winning...

eriadoc
12-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I seriously, SERIOUSLY think that depends on who you ask.

Which question? The first one was answered in 1993 when the Oilers started off 1-4 and ended up 12-4 to finish the season. This city was PUMPED. Contrast that with how the city's fans feel as a whole right now. Empirically speaking, that question has been answered, and it proves the point.

As to the second question, I think it's fairly evident that people would have the notion that the Texans would have a shot against the top teams if they would have even put up a fight in those games. As it stands, people don't really have much faith that the Texans can beat a top team, or at least, a team with a top QB. When you couple those losses with things like letting bad teams hang around, letting Chad Henne put up 400 yards, and watching the Vikings beat them all around on Sunday, then yeah, people aren't going to pumping sunshine. That's just reality, record be damned.

Hervoyel
12-26-2012, 11:24 AM

So if you see something that you find fault with and mention it in here then you're a "miserable fan"? I just don't understand that, probably never will. See, most of you ****ing clones think you're either with us or against us. You either got your Texans gear on and you're waving your little flag and everything is coming up roses or you're a "hater" and must be leading a miserable life where you can never be happy and never appreciate what you've been lucky enough to be given.

What kind of Black/White world do you live in? I see Gray everywhere. I'm happy with what's working, wanting to see improvement with what's not, and frustrated with things that seem to go unaddressed for years and years. I'm going to point at the naked emperor and say that he's nekkid if he doesn't have any clothes on (doesn't mean I hate him) and I'm going to applaud him when he does something great (doesn't mean he's infallible). The one thing I hate about this place is that if you don't agree with what all the posters around you have to say then you're somehow a bad fan and you don't know what you're looking at. It's always been that way here and before at the other board. Maybe it's part of being a sports fan or something, I don't know. Texecutioner lately spends more time telling people that they aren't qualified to talk about football than anyone I've ever seen. and now you're going to wade in and complain about all the miserable fans? Guess what? I'm not miserable. I'm perfectly happy with my football experience this year. Could it be better? Sure.

If it ends in one of these :trophy: and not a bunch of these :kubepalm:

then yes, it will be better. Even if it doesn't it's the best season they've ever had. What's not to like? Why does dissent about details or the play of a few guys have to translate into my being miserable fan to you? You see, instead of discussing the relative merits of these things (I think we need to go in another direction at QB, maybe you don't agree, we go back and forth... you know) instead we get all this posing and posturing from a bunch of fans who think they're self appointed fan-ambassadors or something. Like Saudi "moral police" they run up and down the board telling people that they are whiners for not whistling Zip-a-Dee-Doo-da out their asses because the Texans have 12 wins. To me that is what makes a miserable fan.

And you know what else? Any dip**** who stumbles in here is qualified to talk about football. Get off your high horses with all this BS about who is or isn't qualified to talk about this team and this game. If you care about the outcome of these games and wins have you walking on air or losses make you die inside you are qualified to talk about football. You might not be qualified to play it, coach it, or be an NFL GM but you can damn sure talk about it.

amazing80
12-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Some of it is also how they are winning...

Agreed. :htown2atx:

Hookem Horns
12-26-2012, 11:26 AM
That's just reality, record be damned.

Exactly, record has nothing to do with it.

I am pretty sure the 10-5 Seahawks fanbase is a little more pumped right now than ours.

This team has not been impressive in weeks and has lost the last 2 out of 3 with those losses being blowouts.

You can't blame the fanbase for having a "wheels have come off" feeling right now.

Rey
12-26-2012, 11:28 AM
So if you see something that you find fault with and mention it in here then you're a "miserable fan"? I just don't understand that, probably never will. See, most of you ****ing clones think you're either with us or against us. You either got your Texans gear on and you're waving your little flag and everything is coming up roses or you're a "hater" and must be leading a miserable life where you can never be happy and never appreciate what you've been lucky enough to be given.

What kind of Black/White world do you live in? I see Gray everywhere. I'm happy with what's working, wanting to see improvement with what's not, and frustrated with things that seem to go unaddressed for years and years. I'm going to point at the naked emperor and say that he's nekkid if he doesn't have any clothes on (doesn't mean I hate him) and I'm going to applaud him when he does something great (doesn't mean he's infallible). The one thing I hate about this place is that if you don't agree with what all the posters around you have to say then you're somehow a bad fan and you don't know what you're looking at. It's always been that way here and before at the other board. Maybe it's part of being a sports fan or something, I don't know. Texecutioner lately spends more time telling people that they aren't qualified to talk about football than anyone I've ever seen. and now you're going to wade in and complain about all the miserable fans? Guess what? I'm not miserable. I'm perfectly happy with my football experience this year. Could it be better? Sure.

then yes, it will be better. Even if it doesn't it's the best season they've ever had. What's not to like? Why does dissent about details or the play of a few guys have to translate into my being miserable fan to you? You see, instead of discussing the relative merits of these things (I think we need to go in another direction at QB, maybe you don't agree, we go back and forth... you know) instead we get all this posing and posturing from a bunch of fans who think they're self appointed fan-ambassadors or something. Like Saudi "moral police" they run up and down the board telling people that they are whiners for not whistling Zip-a-Dee-Doo-da out their asses because the Texans have 12 wins. To me that is what makes a miserable fan.

:specnatz::tiphat:

rep.

ThaShark316
12-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Which question? The first one was answered in 1993 when the Oilers started off 1-4 and ended up 12-4 to finish the season. This city was PUMPED. Contrast that with how the city's fans feel as a whole right now. Empirically speaking, that question has been answered, and it proves the point.

As to the second question, I think it's fairly evident that people would have the notion that the Texans would have a shot against the top teams if they would have even put up a fight in those games. As it stands, people don't really have much faith that the Texans can beat a top team, or at least, a team with a top QB. When you couple those losses with things like letting bad teams hang around, letting Chad Henne put up 400 yards, and watching the Vikings beat them all around on Sunday, then yeah, people aren't going to pumping sunshine. That's just reality, record be damned.

Agreed completely.

I can't fault folks for being skeptical...that said...Texans fans...?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ (why so serious?)

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 11:51 AM
So if you see something that you find fault with and mention it in here then you're a "miserable fan"?

For me, the answer is no. Nothing wrong with fans who are constructively critical of their team. The ones that I think are "miserable" fans are the ones who rip the team when they are down. We lose a game then it's "they can't do this" "they can't do that" "they're worthless here, they're worthless there" but when we win it's "we're number one" "we're the number one team" "we're the beat"

We aren't on the field getting hammered. We aren't in the locker room. We can't do crap to fix it. But supporting your team means being supportive. Let's say your brother is an alcoholic. Are you being supportive if you tear him a new one if he falls off the wagon? You don't need to be an enabler, just be honest. Let him know you are there for him.

We've got issues, going into Indy isn't going to be easy. But acting like we already lost. Cussing Gary for screwing up "our" play off seeding. Cutting Matt Schaub for losing a game we haven't played, that's not being supportive, that's not being a fan.

When your comments sound like the same crap a tacks fan would be saying here, you aren't being supportive, you aren't being a fan. Period.

michaelm
12-26-2012, 11:56 AM

2007 Dallas Cowboys:

At one point 12-1.
Stumbled to a 13-3 record, but ended up as #1 seed with 1st round bye, and home field throughout playoffs.
Lost their first playoff game at home to the 10-6 New York Giants, who peaked at the right time, and went on to win the Super Bowl.

This Texans season is looking very similar to that Cowboys season, much to my chagrin, and the delight of my jackass Cowgirls fan friend who pointed out the similarities to me.

This Texans team is not currently good enough to go to the Super Bowl, despite their current record.
If you can't see that, you are an extreme homer, or just extraordinarily optimistic.

Tailgate
12-26-2012, 12:00 PM

So you think this team is a Super Bowl favorite??? Because thats what a 12-3 team would normally imply, correct?

Mr teX
12-26-2012, 12:00 PM
2007 Dallas Cowboys:

At one point 12-1.
Stumbled to a 13-3 record, but ended up as #1 seed with 1st round bye, and home field throughout playoffs.
Lost their first playoff game at home to the 10-6 New York Giants, who peaked at the right time, and went on to win the Super Bowl.

This Texans season is looking very similar to that Cowboys season, much to my chagrin, and the delight of my jackass Cowgirls fan friend who pointed out the similarities to me.

This Texans team is not currently good enough to go to the Super Bowl, despite their current record.
If you can't see that, you are an extreme homer, or just extraordinarily optimistic.

2010 Falcons
2011 Packers
1998 Vikings

we won't be the 1st, certainly won't be the last.

Double Barrel
12-26-2012, 12:14 PM
This team is slumping at the worst possible time. Every facet of this team, from coaching to all three phases, they seem to be in a collective funk and out-of-sync with each other. Teams need to hit the playoffs on fire, riding a wave of peak performances. The Texans are doing the exact opposite from all perspectives.

JJ Watt and Andre Johnson are the only players that seem to show up with their "A games" week in and week out. We expect that from them, they are our superstars. But they cannot win games by themselves. The rest of the team needs to pull it's collective heads out of their collective butts if they don't want to embarrass themselves in the post-season.

1st and goal on the 1 yard line and this team cannot get a freakin' FOOT??!!! Do we really need to wonder if this is a Super Bowl caliber team when they are punked for a freakin' foot by the Vikings??! For real? We have always heard that a pro team should be able to get a yard when required. Well here's a 12 win team that is spotted two feet of that yard, given 3-4 downs to do it, and come up looking like crap. Bad play calling, bad execution, and just a pathetic outcome. Start on the 1 with a 1st down and then kick from around the 20? PATHETIC. That series epitomized the Texans of the past few weeks.

rush2112mn
12-26-2012, 12:19 PM

How about pissed off you could not take care of business at home and have to go on the road to Indy where you have never won. Miserable....pissed off.....I could go on......

markn
12-26-2012, 12:40 PM
In our last 6 games we've gone to OT with 2 of the worst teams in football, had decent wins against the Titans and Colts and been absolutely slaughtered by Minnesota and New England. That's not the form of a team that expects to go deep in the playoffs. The mood and expectations among the fan base is understandably lower.

I maintain we were never as good as we looked early in the season and we're not as bad as we look right now. I expect us to beat the Colts and whoever comes through the 4 seed game and then lose to the winner of Denver vs NE. That would make for a good season, and is about the ceiling we can expect under the Schaub/Kubiak regime.

Thorn
12-26-2012, 12:53 PM
This team is slumping at the worst possible time. Every facet of this team, from coaching to all three phases, they seem to be in a collective funk and out-of-sync with each other. Teams need to hit the playoffs on fire, riding a wave of peak performances. The Texans are doing the exact opposite from all perspectives.

That's it in a nutshell. IMO, that's all that needs to be said. If they stay where they are at, they'll be one and done. If they get their collective act togeather maybe they'll win a playoff game or two. Who knows? No one on this board knows because we haven't even gotten to the damn playoffs yet.

I'm waiting for the Indy game. If they keep up this funk they are in, and lose that game, I'll jump back into the Fire Kubiak thread like a flame to straw. Count on it. Other than that, I'm not sure what my reaction will be if they win. Kind of depends on how they win.

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 01:01 PM
I maintain we were never as good as we looked early in the season and we're not as bad as we look right now. I expect us to beat the Colts and whoever comes through the 4 seed game and then lose to the winner of Denver vs NE. That would make for a good season, and is about the ceiling we can expect under the Schaub/Kubiak regime.

I agree insomuch that most of our early wins were against poor competition. But we did beat the Broncos, even though Manning was rusty, that's no excuse for that defense. We beat the Ravens, while they weren't the Super Bowl Ravens, they weren't the bad team that lost 3 in a row either. We beat Chicago before they started having issues. They started that game with all their starters, Cutler & Marshall were on a roll.

So we weren't "#1 seed" good, but we weren't "the worst 12-3 team" either.

Hopefully, we'll be a better team come February & we'll be a team worthy of representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

No team ever ends the season the same as they started. Some get better along the way. Some get worse. Some peak mid season, some get their second wind. Hopefully, we're about to catch our second wind.

I know it's hope, but to me, it's no different than the hope Patriots fans have that Brady or Welker don't get hurt. Or that Manning will be clutch in the play offs. Or that Ray Rice will carry that team to the Super Bowl.

Now that we've got everybody back healthy, it's totally possible that we're back on our way up.

Nawzer
12-26-2012, 01:03 PM
We have every right to be feeling down about this team. It's quite possible that the team actually DID peak midway through the season. The players, coaches and fans said the same thing that team hadn't played an all around game. But that may very well could've been the best this team has to offer this year. The offense is in a bad way right now with bad signs on the offensive line. That's a big problem to have at this point in the season because that line is a unit and the other hand, it's hard to quickly fix an entire unit as opposed to an individual player. In addition, Schaub has clearly regressed over the pass few weeks. His throws are off and even his completions are off target. So there are legitimate reasons for being miserable or down because there are some serious problems on the offense and Kubiak doesn't really inspire confidence as a problem fixer.

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 01:06 PM
If they keep up this funk they are in, and lose that game, I'll jump back into the Fire Kubiak thread like a flame to straw. Count on it.

http://malialitman.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/straws.jpg

:thinking: . :headhurts:

Surreal McCoy
12-26-2012, 01:08 PM

Exactly. For the longest time the TT mantra was 'show me the Ws!'. Well, we've got as many Ws as any Houston professional football team has ever achieved and now that's not good enough. Goalposts = moved. The moaning is also somewhat limited on TT, have a listen to the call in shows or worse, read the Comical comments sections. Worst fans in the country without a doubt.

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 01:08 PM
We have every right to be feeling down about this team.

Nothing at all wrong about being down about the team. I'm sure several of the players & there'd better be a few coaches feeling down about this team.

But they're not giving up.

Ironically, Kubiak is being criticized for quitting.

pirbroke
12-26-2012, 01:09 PM
We may not have Seattle momentum, but I'm proud we are playoff bound and then it's a whole new season, any given Sunday, I mean look who the jaguars almost beat. Momentum doesn't mean crap most of the time.

2012Champs
12-26-2012, 01:15 PM
So you think this team is a Super Bowl favorite??? Because thats what a 12-3 team would normally imply, correct?

I dont think being 12-3 would imply Super Bowl Favorites and no more telling than this season with a couple teams with that record. SOS plays into this a lot as does momentum

mussop
12-26-2012, 01:18 PM
We may not have Seattle momentum, but I'm proud we are playoff bound and then it's a whole new season, any given Sunday, I mean look who the jaguars almost beat. Momentum doesn't mean crap most of the time.

US!:mariopalm: We are backing into the playoffs no matter how you look at it. Teams that back in historically don't do well. It's depressing because of the way we started off. I don't see how anyone could be confident after the way we have played the last 6 games.

2012Champs
12-26-2012, 01:20 PM
US!:mariopalm: We are backing into the playoffs no matter how you look at it. Teams that back in historically don't do well. It's depressing because of the way we started off. I don't see how anyone could be confident after the way we have played the last 6 games.

I think the term backing into the playoffs is being missused by yourself and others. The Texans arent getting into the playoffs because of other teams losing at the end of the season

Nawzer
12-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Nothing at all wrong about being down about the team. I'm sure several of the players & there'd better be a few coaches feeling down about this team.

I sure as hell hope they're not giving up. They're being paid to not give up. I certainly don't think the team has quit or anything like that, but our offense is just not playing well. I also don't think Kubiak has quit or anything, I just don't know if he has the ability to turn this team around.

Tailgate
12-26-2012, 01:23 PM
I dont think being 12-3 would imply Super Bowl Favorites and no more telling than this season with a couple teams with that record. SOS plays into this a lot as does momentum

Semantics. But yes, on most years a 12+ win team is usually ONE of the favorites to make it to the Super Bowl in that conference. There are exceptions of course, including this years Texans team.

Double Barrel
12-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Exactly. For the longest time the TT mantra was 'show me the Ws!'. Well, we've got as many Ws as any Houston professional football team has ever achieved and now that's not good enough. Goalposts = moved. The moaning is also somewhat limited on TT, have a listen to the call in shows or worse, read the Comical comments sections. Worst fans in the country without a doubt.

So regular season wins are good enough for you? I guess this Sunday is your Super Bowl?

Worsts fans in the country? Whatever. Same city has produced 11 straight seasons of sellouts at Reliant. Only three winning seasons in that 11, as well.

You seem seem to like the koolaid drinking sunshine pumpers with rainbows blasting out of their butts to be considered "good fans".

I think this has been a very patient fanbase.

When we were 2-14, people just wanted wins.

When we were 9-7, people wanted to see the playoffs for the first time.

Now that we have a playoff team, we are supposed to just be satisfied according to your homer logic?

How about having some higher standards and wanting more than just the Houston Oilers 2.0 for this franchise?

mussop
12-26-2012, 01:25 PM
I think the term backing into the playoffs is being missused by yourself and others. The Texans arent getting into the playoffs because of other teams losing at the end of the season

Woopie Doooooo!!!!!!!!! We sure is hell aint heading to the playoffs with a head of steam.

beerlover
12-26-2012, 01:26 PM
It's not just Texan fans, media outlets think similar in terms & that's without vested interest. When a team that went 2-14 is considered a favorite over their divisional champion & holder of 12-3 record something is amiss. This is what Bleecher just posted & it would seem to echo what may fans here (moderator included) have already posted http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1456188-bleacher-reports-expert-consensus-week-17-nfl-picks/page/5

Schottey: Texans

The Colts stuck around when this game was in Houston, so they could pull the upset here, but Houston is playing for playoff seeding and just has way too much talent to pick against here.

Miller: Colts

Andrew Luck is quickly gaining Tom Brady-like status with me. That means only picking against him in the most dire of situations. This isn't one of those situations. Colts win.

Nagler: Texans

The Texans have fallen back to Earth after spending the better part of the year as the "most complete team in the league." Yeah, that's all over now as they scramble just to keep home-field advantage, which they do by beating the Colts.

Dunlevy: Colts

The Texans won't have anything to play for, so expect the Colts to celebrate an emotional day with a win. Chuck Pagano will be on the sidelines, so look for his players to give it their all.

Also Picking the Colts: Frenz; Hangst; Gagnon

mussop
12-26-2012, 01:27 PM
How about having some higher standards and wanting more than just the Houston Oilers 2.0 for this franchise?

I loved the Oilers with all my heart but please PLEASE don't let this team become known as the Houston Oilers 2.0. :aggressive:

Surreal McCoy
12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
So regular season wins are good enough for you? I guess this Sunday is your Super Bowl?

Worsts fans in the country? Whatever. Same city has produced 11 straight seasons of sellouts at Reliant. Only three winning seasons in that 11, as well.

You seem seem to like the koolaid drinking sunshine pumpers with rainbows blasting out of their butts to be considered "good fans".

Now that we have a playoff team, we are supposed to just be satisfied according to your homer logic?

Ahh yes, the homer card. Nothing worse than being called a fan of the team I support? :rolleyes:

Nawzer
12-26-2012, 01:35 PM

I love our fanbase. We're not willing to put up with crap like other fanbases. If our teams don't play well we don't support them with our hard earned dollars. The Rockets sucked for a long time and Toyota Center was empty, but now we have an exciting team and there are a lot more people going to the games. Same thing with the Astros when last year we sucked balls and hardly anyone went to the games and anyone even talked about the Astros. Honestly, I was interested for about 2 months and then I kind of forgot about their existence. Same thing applies with the Texans. You win you get the love and if you don't well screw off. I don't know why as a fanbase we have tolerate mediocre sports teams. I wish Houston fans were more vociferous in their displeasure.

2012Champs
12-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Woopie Doooooo!!!!!!!!! We sure is hell aint heading to the playoffs with a head of steam.

Woopie Doooo keep using a term incorrectly. I was simply pointing out the Texans didnt back in to anything

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 01:36 PM

I think we were the Super Bowl favorites until the Patriots mopped the floors throughout Gillette stadium with us. There were concerns up to then, but after the Patriots, those concerns were real problems.

Of all the teams going into the play-offs right now, I think we're the 4th, 5th best team.

New England
Denver
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Texans
Colts

I think it's a toss up between us & the Ravens, but their most recent shellacking of the Giants puts them ahead... slightly.

Hookem Horns
12-26-2012, 01:36 PM
as many Ws as any Houston professional football team has ever achieved

I guess we could all pretend like this is European soccer where there are no playoffs and the team with the most wins during the season is crowned the champion when the season is over.

Actually, that won't get it done either. In that scenario the Falcons would be holding NFL champions cup after Sunday.

Thorn
12-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Ahh yes, the homer card. Nothing worse than being called a fan of the team I support? :rolleyes:

This does get a bit old. I'm a fan, and right now I'm doing a bit of fence sitting until the Indy game. When the team was 2-14 I was a fan and was calling for Kubiak's head on a stick. I'll still be a fan if the team wins the superbowl or is one and done in the playoffs. Depending on what happens I'll be ecstatic and loving the world or calling for Kubiak's head on a stick.

I'm a fan. It's what I do. :lol:

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 01:45 PM

To be fair, when this thing started 10 years ago, fans here on this board were saying we wanted a perennial play-off team. Nobody expected us to win the Super Bowl every year, but we wanted a contender more times than not.

What he's saying, is that we keep moving the target. We are where we said we wanted to be & we're not happy.

I understand, most of us are upset because we think we are on the verge of blowing our second Super Bowl opportunity, 2011 being our first.

I'm there. I think if we don't win it all this year, we've blown an excellent opportunity & who knows when we'll have the same kind of opportunity.

I personally don't think there is an issue there. But to cry about it like it's already happened doesn't make sense to me. I'm not saying you're crying, I haven't noticed your posts enough to put you in that group. But there are guys here, who want to blow the whole thing up & we are currently the number 1 seed in the AFC.......

Just doesn't make sense.

NitroGSXR
12-26-2012, 01:55 PM
This does get a bit old. I'm a fan, and right now I'm doing a bit of fence sitting until the Indy game. When the team was 2-14 I was a fan and was calling for Kubiak's head on a stick. I'll still be a fan if the team wins the superbowl or is one and done in the playoffs. Depending on what happens I'll be ecstatic and loving the world or calling for Kubiak's head on a stick.

I didn't know that Kubiak was the coach for 2-14.

:chef:

eriadoc
12-26-2012, 01:56 PM

The ones that I think are "miserable" fans are the ones who rip the team when they are down. We lose a game then it's "they can't do this" "they can't do that" "they're worthless here, they're worthless there" but when we win it's "we're number one" "we're the number one team" "we're the beat"

When your comments sound like the same crap a tacks fan would be saying here, you aren't being supportive, you aren't being a fan. Period.

Maybe y'all should get together with the other local authorities on "How To Be A Fan" and make a sticky. That way the rest of us would know how.

I could point out the obvious sarcasm in this thread, or I could just invoke Thorn and say KMA.

Thorn
12-26-2012, 01:58 PM
I didn't know that Kubiak was the coach for 2-14.

:chef:

You're right. I was thinking of the 6-10 record from 2010 when I made that post. Oops.

rush2112mn
12-26-2012, 02:06 PM
That's it in a nutshell. IMO, that's all that needs to be said. If they stay where they are at, they'll be one and done. If they get their collective act togeather maybe they'll win a playoff game or two. Who knows? No one on this board knows because we haven't even gotten to the damn playoffs yet.

I'm waiting for the Indy game. If they keep up this funk they are in, and lose that game, I'll jump back into the Fire Kubiak thread like a flame to straw. Count on it. Other than that, I'm not sure what my reaction will be if they win. Kind of depends on how they win.

Not only fire Kubiak...but start looking for your next qb.........

Rey
12-26-2012, 02:08 PM
I think it's a toss up between us & the Ravens, but their most recent shellacking of the Giants puts them ahead... slightly.

At least you are consistent.

I've read too many people that say "look what we did to the Ravens..."

Then in the next breath say the losses to the Packers and Patriots means nothing...

The Patriots beating us down doesn't mean we can't beat them and our beat down of the Ravens doesn't mean they can't beat us.

Home field will be huge, but whoever we face, it's going to be tough. We are going to have to play a different level of football than we've been playing.

Hervoyel
12-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I loved the Oilers with all my heart but please PLEASE don't let this team become known as the Houston Oilers 2.0. :aggressive:

Until they do something un-Oiler-like (win when expected to do so, win a Super Bowl, hell even go to a Super Bowl) they are exactly that. Houston Oilers 2.0

ATXtexanfan
12-26-2012, 03:25 PM
yup im miserable.

qqert
12-26-2012, 03:31 PM

this ^^^^^^^^

:wild::wild:

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Maybe y'all should get together with the other local authorities on "How To Be A Fan" and make a sticky. That way the rest of us would know how.

I could point out the obvious sarcasm in this thread, or I could just invoke Thorn and say KMA.

Imagine we were friends.

Yet every time you make a mistake, or performed below the level I think you're capable of I chewed you out, talked bad about you to your other friends, how much longer would we be friends? When you wanted to share a special moment with your friends, would I get an invite?

By the way, I haven't marked you down as one of those miserable fans.... if that means anything to you. Like I said, constructive criticism is fine, just like you'd want to help your friend do better, this is no different.

EllisUnit
12-26-2012, 03:37 PM

I can't imagine why kubiak is being criticized for quitting :kitten:

Double Barrel
12-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Ahh yes, the homer card. Nothing worse than being called a fan of the team I support?

All of us support this team. Many of those unhappy with the team's current slide are those that have paid their hard earned cash to attend games for the past 11 seasons.

Yet, you seem to have this smug little attitude that you are somehow superior to everyone because...why? Please elaborate on your apparent and quite evident arrogance on the subject. You are obviously an expert to make such black and white statements about your fellow Texans fans.

Stand by your statement with something worthwhile rather than blathering the same old regurgitated sanctimonious bullshit.

You said of Houston Texans fans:

Worst fans in the country without a doubt.

Prove it.

C'mon, quit acting like your peepee is hurt and own your statement.

eriadoc
12-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Imagine we were friends.

Yet every time you make a mistake, or performed below the level I think you're capable of I chewed you out, talked bad about you to your other friends, how much longer would we be friends? When you wanted to share a special moment with your friends, would I get an invite?

By the way, I haven't marked you down as one of those miserable fans.... if that means anything to you. Like I said, constructive criticism is fine, just like you'd want to help your friend do better, this is no different.

I don't have a problem with anything you said except your dismissing other fans as not being fans. You don't get to be the arbiter of who is and isn't a fan.

But to your point specifically, we aren't friends with the Texans. They charge me money to come see them, for starters. And as for talking bad about them, sometimes the truth is harsh. That's life. These guys are big boys who make a lot of money doing what they do. They can and should expect harsh criticism when they don't show up to play. Only people who give a damn are going to bother to criticize them. So these people that give a damn are either fans or people getting paid to criticize.

They aren't paying me.

amazing80
12-26-2012, 03:57 PM

This. Great post. We're fans and are allowed to critique the team. Hell isn't that why we're ALL on a chat forum? :mcnugget:

Hervoyel
12-26-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't have a problem with anything you said except your dismissing other fans as not being fans. You don't get to be the arbiter of who is and isn't a fan.

But to your point specifically, we aren't friends with the Texans. They charge me money to come see them, for starters. And as for talking bad about them, sometimes the truth is harsh. That's life. These guys are big boys who make a lot of money doing what they do. They can and should expect harsh criticism when they don't show up to play. Only people who give a damn are going to bother to criticize them. So these people that give a damn are either fans or people getting paid to criticize.

They aren't paying me.

Clearly they lost that Vikings game because some of the Texans players felt hurt and betrayed after coming to Texanstalk.com and reading that some of their friends were angry with them for coming up short in big games. We have damaged the friendship beyond repair and there is no hope of reconciliation. Arian Foster's NFL career is over and I hear that he's asked that whichever one of us is currently holding the other half of the BFF heart pendant he sent please return it.

Double Barrel
12-26-2012, 04:01 PM
To be fair, when this thing started 10 years ago, fans here on this board were saying we wanted a perennial play-off team. Nobody expected us to win the Super Bowl every year, but we wanted a contender more times than not.

What he's saying, is that we keep moving the target. We are where we said we wanted to be & we're not happy.

I understand, most of us are upset because we think we are on the verge of blowing our second Super Bowl opportunity, 2011 being our first.

I'm there. I think if we don't win it all this year, we've blown an excellent opportunity & who knows when we'll have the same kind of opportunity.

I personally don't think there is an issue there. But to cry about it like it's already happened doesn't make sense to me. I'm not saying you're crying, I haven't noticed your posts enough to put you in that group. But there are guys here, who want to blow the whole thing up & we are currently the number 1 seed in the AFC.......

Just doesn't make sense.

Listen to Kubiak over the years. When he inherited a 2-14 team, was he talking Super Bowl in 2006? Of course not. He wanted to build a team to win more games.

When they finally won more than they lost in 2009 and went 9-7, did Kubiak say "alright, we have finally arrived!"? Of course not. He wanted to get his team to the playoffs, the next step.

Last year, we won the division and won a playoff game. Did you hear Kubiak? I did not hear anything about being satisfied with the 2011 season results. He never reminded us of 2-14 and to just be satisfied.

He started talking Super Bowl championship.

Kubiak has "moved the goalposts" (idiotic stupid metaphor, btw) every single year. Our own head coach has told us to expect greater things, to not be satisfied with average or first times.

As far as the current state of the Texans, fans can sense the slump. It does not make you a lesser fan - unless of course you are being judged by self-appointed Superior Fan - but rather someone who might watch more than just Texans football. NFL fans understand the ebb and flow of seasons and the trends established in December often have a direct impact on influencing playoff performances.

I supposed having a basic comprehension of analyzing games is beyond the ability of Superior Fan, mainly because he appears to be too pre-occupied with other fans and how they measure up to his dickstick.

This. Great post. We're fans and are allowed to critique the team. Hell isn't that why we're ALL on a chat forum? :mcnugget:

Apparently not, as we have been told that we are the worst fans in the country without a doubt.

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 04:01 PM

Nope..... I said some of us are miserable fans.

I've got good friends & bad friends.

But to your point specifically, we aren't friends with the Texans. They charge me money to come see them, for starters. And as for talking bad about them, sometimes the truth is harsh. That's life.

I thought I covered that as well. Nothing wrong with being constructively critical, or being honest about it. But there's a way you talk about your friend, & there's a way you talk about people you let believe are your friends...... or, you don't pretend to be their friends at all.

These guys are big boys who make a lot of money doing what they do. They can and should expect harsh criticism when they don't show up to play. Only people who give a damn are going to bother to criticize them. So these people that give a damn are either fans or people getting paid to criticize.

They aren't paying me.

Some of us here are harshly criticizing the team they love. I have no problem with that. Some people are going too far. Maybe I have no right to criticize them.....

As far as the breakdown in the "friends" & "fan" analogy. It doesn't fit perfectly.... they usually don't. The thing about being supportive as a friend is analogous to being supportive as a fan. There's a way to support your friends yet still be critical & honest. There's a way to support your team yet still be critical & honest.

A lot of our miserable fans aren't being very supportive.

Rey
12-26-2012, 04:07 PM
I've got good friends & bad friends.

Now THAT would be miserable....

The Third Man
12-26-2012, 04:43 PM
All of us support this team. Many of those unhappy with the team's current slide are those that have paid their hard earned cash to attend games for the past 11 seasons.

Yet, you seem to have this smug little attitude that you are somehow superior to everyone because...why? Please elaborate on your apparent and quite evident arrogance on the subject. You are obviously an expert to make such black and white statements about your fellow Texans fans.

Stand by your statement with something worthwhile rather than blathering the same old regurgitated sanctimonious bullshit.

Prove it.

How do you "own" an opinion like that?

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm sure after the game, Kubiak had a heart to heart with his team. I'm sure he gave them the what for. He probably wasn't politically correct about it, he was most likely brutal & honest.

However, I'm sure not one person in that locker room doubts Gary's belief that he's got the right group of guys to get it done, to win the Super Bowl.

If you were to sit with the team & explain your position regarding our Super Bowl hopes, do you think they would think you are supporting their efforts? Would they think you have faith in them?

Thorn
12-26-2012, 06:01 PM

The bolded part = Hell yes! Now, granted, there are a few here that are causing trouble just to cause trouble. On a public BBS that's inevitable. But I think most of us are here because we love the team, want them to win, but have different experiences and therefore different opinions.

Double Barrel
12-26-2012, 06:20 PM
How do you "own" an opinion like that?

Just like any statement. You present facts and a reasonable argument that might sway perspectives. Otherwise, it's typical drive-by trolling, which based on history, is most likely his original intent.

BullBlitz
12-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Yes, I saw all 3 losses. I also saw the win the week before as well as the other 11 wins.

I saw them all. At in to me, the wins did not seem as impressive as the losses seemed that we were totally dominated.

This is the playoffs. This Sunday we need to win for a top seed. The next game we need to win to continue to tend for the title. This team has shown little intensity in the last few weeks, it has negative momentum and is 1-2 in the last 3 games.

12-3 is old news. I don't like the team's attitude right now. They seem to think that they have accomplished something good enough by getting into the playoffs, period.

EllisUnit
12-26-2012, 08:19 PM
I saw them all. At in to me, the wins did not seem as impressive as the losses seemed that we were totally dominated.

This is the playoffs. This Sunday we need to win for a top seed. The next game we need to win to continue to tend for the title. This team has shown little intensity in the last few weeks, it has negative momentum and is 1-2 in the last 3 games.

12-3 is old news. I don't like the team's attitude right now. They seem to think that they have accomplished something good enough by getting into the playoffs, period.

Ummm

VS Miami (7-8) - 30-10
@ Denver (12-3) - 31-25
VS Titans (5-10) - 38-14
VS Ravens (10-5) - 43-13
@ Chicago (9-6) - 13-6
VS Colts (10-5) - 29-17

Those wins are pretty solid IMO. If it makes you feel anybetter we have not lost to a team with a losing record. And beaten 4 teams with winning records. At the time when we beat Baltimore, Chicago they were leading their Division.

We had some very convincing wins. Hell New England Lost to Arizona, Baltimore

Green bay lost to the Colts and the Giants.

I mean come on it is any given Sunday apparently.

amazing80
12-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Ummm

VS Miami (7-8) - 30-10
@ Denver (12-3) - 31-25
VS Titans (5-10) - 38-14
VS Ravens (10-5) - 43-13
@ Chicago (9-6) - 13-6
VS Colts (10-5) - 29-17

Those wins are pretty solid IMO. If it makes you feel anybetter we have not lost to a team with a losing record. And beaten 4 teams with winning records. At the time when we beat Baltimore, Chicago they were leading their Division.

We had some very convincing wins. Hell New England Lost to Arizona, Baltimore

Green bay lost to the Colts and the Giants.

I mean come on it is any given Sunday apparently.

I agree with the post, BUT the Broncos and Bears were not convincing games IMO, they squeaked those wins out

Goatcheese
12-26-2012, 08:30 PM

They're not miserable. They enjoy bitching.

It's annoying, but at least it means they care. It's only really a problem if they stop; then apathy has set in.

TEXANRED
12-26-2012, 08:32 PM

I am an old Oiler fan from back in the day. 7 straight playoff losses will do that to you. For me personally this team reeks of any of the Run and Shoot teams.

Yankee_In_TX
12-26-2012, 08:34 PM

/thread

(msr)

bckey
12-26-2012, 11:08 PM

And you know what else? Any dip**** who stumbles in here is qualified to talk about football. Get off your high horses with all this BS about who is or isn't qualified to talk about this team and this game. If you care about the outcome of these games and wins have you walking on air or losses make you die inside you are qualified to talk about football. You might not be qualified to play it, coach it, or be an NFL GM but you can damn sure talk about it.

Awesome post Herv! Just friggin awesome.

deucetx
12-26-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm sure others stated it but this whole '12-3!' is old. Records mean nothing in the playoffs. It's about how you're playing and coming into that second season. Any that has watched the games and understand football will know that the Texans have not been playing complete football since the Ravens game. Simple as that. They have looked sluggish on one or both sides of the ball from one game to the next. The team has looked out of sync for weeks now and it really comes down to that.

Record is nice and all but Packers were 15-1 last year. How did that work out for them? You want to see your team elevating it's play and looking like a team on a roll at this point or at least consistent. We have had anything but that. And let's be real here. It isn't just people on this board that see it. Football analysts are saying the exact same thing and so are other fans from other teams. I have seen predictions where folks mainly see us being one and out when before many thought we were the team to beat.

Why? Because they see past the record and have noticed the defense is no longer 'elite' and the offense is inconsistent at best. Nothing wrong with a fan admitting this. Doesn't make them less a fan. I know it's true and I'll still be cheering and hoping for any given Sunday when the playoffs roll by. But I'm not going to be unrealistic and think every thing is unicorns farting rainbows either. I'd have to be blind to not see the issues.

Texecutioner
12-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I agree with the post, BUT the Broncos and Bears were not convincing games IMO, they squeaked those wins out

How was that not convincing? A win is a win when you're playing against a great team. The Bears were a one loss team at the time, and our defense completely shook their run by injuring Cutler and making them play with Campbell for a few weeks. The Bears were never the same after that game. But the Texans went into a rowdy stadium and pulled out a big win. Trying to discount that win is looking for things to discredit.

And the Broncos?? Watch that game again. We had a good early lead and Kubiak did nothing but run the ball in the 2nd half. That allowed Manning to make a comeback that he almost made. Regardless, the Broncos have the best record in the AFC and our a top team. I don't care how that victory was pulled off. It was an impressive victory none the less.

Texecutioner
12-26-2012, 11:29 PM
I am an old Oiler fan from back in the day. 7 straight playoff losses will do that to you. For me personally this team reeks of any of the Run and Shoot teams.

Trying to compare the Texans to the Oilers is no different then trying to compare the Texans to the Browns or the Chiefs from the 90's. There is nothing to compare as they are two different franchises. Absurd comparison.

Showtime100
12-26-2012, 11:35 PM
How was that not convincing? A win is a win when you're playing against a great team. The Bears were a one loss team at the time, and our defense completely shook their run by injuring Cutler and making them play with Campbell for a few weeks. The Bears were never the same after that game. But the Texans went into a rowdy stadium and pulled out a big win. Trying to discount that win is looking for things to discredit.

And the Broncos?? Watch that game again. We had a good early lead and Kubiak did nothing but run the ball in the 2nd half. That allowed Manning to make a comeback that he almost made. Regardless, the Broncos have the best record in the AFC and our a top team. I don't care how that victory was pulled off. It was an impressive victory none the less.

The Bears win was impressive, granted. Had the Bears picked up where they left off after the Texans the win would have seemed more impressive in retrospect, Cutler or no Cutler.

When Houston beat Denver I look at it a little differently. The Texans team that beat Denver is MIA.....ditto for the Broncos. Manning has gotten in sync with his offense and their defense is playing much better football than they were when Houston came to town.

Fun to know we beat Denver and all, but if they played this Sunday my money is on Denver....and I'm all in.

Texan_Bill
12-26-2012, 11:35 PM

:clap:

MSR!! Although there is a fair enough argument that this same 12-3 team has faultered in #"Big Games*....

So FREAKIN' WHAT?!??!!!!?

Isn't that why they play the games???!!??!??

bckey
12-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Trying to compare the Texans to the Oilers is no different then trying to compare the Texans to the Browns or the Chiefs from the 90's. There is nothing to compare as they are two different franchises. Absurd comparison.

I disagree. Both teams are/were Houston NFL franchises. Both choke/choked in big games. Neither team has won a superbowl. Both teams always seem/seemed to back themselves into the worst scenerios.

Texan_Bill
12-26-2012, 11:57 PM

I disagree. Both teams are/were Houston NFL franchises. Both choke/choked in big games. Neither team has won a superbowl. Both teams always seem/seemed to back themselves into the worst scenerios.

Well my opinion???

Tex crushes you bckey...

Trying to compare the Texans to the Oilers is no different than trying to compare the Texans to the Browns or the Chiefs from the 90's. There is nothing to compare as they are two different franchises. Absurd comparison.
BTW (refer to the bolded)

Texecutioner
12-27-2012, 12:08 AM

I could point towards probably 30 different teams in the league where I could say that they choke in big games and somehow make some absurd Oilers comparison. Plus, I could point to BIG games that the Texans won this season that people forget that were on Prime Time like the Bears game and the Ravens game which was a BIG GAME at the time. Both of them were. We only had two other choke games against the Packers and the Patriots on Prime Time. So I could argue that they've had some success in that department as well. Either way, none of it has anything to do with some franchise that existed here and left in the 90's. Choking in big games is something I could attribute to just about any NFL team if I reach back several years. Really asinine comparison as I said before.

midway
12-27-2012, 12:30 AM
I could point towards probably 30 different teams in the league where I could say that they choke in big games and somehow make some absurd Oilers comparison. Plus, I could point to BIG games that the Texans won this season that people forget that were on Prime Time like the Bears game and the Ravens game which was a BIG GAME at the time. Both of them were. We only had two other choke games against the Packers and the Patriots on Prime Time. So I could argue that they've had some success in that department as well. Either way, none of it has anything to do with some franchise that existed here and left in the 90's. Choking in big games is something I could attribute to just about any NFL team if I reach back several years. Really asinine comparison as I said before.

I can't tell if you're missing the point or trolling. The point is that since he was an Oiler fan, he's conditioned to expect failure out of the team he roots for....

It's not that difficult to understand.

Texecutioner
12-27-2012, 12:53 AM
I can't tell if you're missing the point or trolling. The point is that since he was an Oiler fan, he's conditioned to expect failure out of the team he roots for....

Trolling?? Lol!! God, some of you are dense.

I don't care what the comparison is or how it is being attempted to make sense. The Texans and the Oilers have no more of a comparison to one another then the 1982 Bears and the 2002 Giants have in common. And feeling like you're going to lose because of some other organization from the 90's is pretty silly. I could care less what problems the Oilers had or even problems that the 2003 Texans had. They've got nothing to do with this current 2012 Texans team.

ObsiWan
12-27-2012, 02:14 AM

Soooo you wanted Kubiak gone before he got here? Heh...
:gamer:

Textan
12-27-2012, 04:32 AM

If you want exceptional you're just a bad fan. Never understood this motto? The Texans have come a long, long way, but I want them to become the best.
Many years of heart ache with the Oilers. We never achieved that ultimate goal, got real close in Pittsburgh only to be robbed of a momentum turning TD. Renfro clearly had two feet in. Many on this board aren't old enough to know the tortures we endured, but we remained loyal Oiler fans until the bitter end.
It irks me to be called a band wagon fan. Heck I was at Reliant for their inaugural opener against the Cowgirls. I've rooted for and watched every game of my beloved Texans, even if I have to DVR that sucker because of my crazy work hours.
I believe fans that complain when they see their team screwing up are the true fans. The fans who want to see greatness, not just good.

Textan
12-27-2012, 04:47 AM
Trolling?? Lol!! God, some of you are dense.

I don't care what the comparison is or how it is being attempted to make sense. The Texans and the Oilers have no more of a comparison to one another then the 1982 Bears and the 2002 Giants have in common. And feeling like you're going to lose because of some other organization from the 90's is pretty silly. I could care less what problems the Oilers had or even problems that the 2003 Texans had. They've got nothing to do with this current 2012 Texans team.
That other organization was just a tad more closer than some random team in a long ago decade.
That organization played for the city of Houston, same as the Texans.
That organization started in Houston, same as the Texans.
That organization had most of its fans in and around the Houston area, same as the Texans.
Many Oiler fans are now Houston Texans fans.
So, why not show a little more respect for folks who easily make comparisons between the two franchises.
It's NOT that far of a stretch.

Textan
12-27-2012, 04:53 AM

Sheesh, you have no idea how true that is.

Ghostform
12-27-2012, 06:05 AM
To me it seems like this team has hit its peak to early in the season and is coming off that peak and is now slumping into the playoffs. Blame injuries or whatever but at this rate this is a one and done team.

Im not even sure homefield adv. would even matter right now cuz we just got spanked by the vikings in Reliant. Kubiak and co. better step up their game this Sunday and show us something, because we are looking like an all hype and no substance team.

TD
12-27-2012, 07:05 AM
That other organization was just a tad more closer than some random team in a long ago decade.
That organization played for the city of Houston, same as the Texans.
That organization started in Houston, same as the Texans.
That organization had most of its fans in and around the Houston area, same as the Texans.
Many Oiler fans are now Houston Texans fans.
So, why not show a little more respect for folks who easily make comparisons between the two franchises.
It's NOT that far of a stretch.

Exactly. IMO City > Franchise in identifying with a team and people always compare to their history. The way teams change players, front office, and even owners its just as valid to compare 2012 Texans to the 1980 Oilers as it is to compare the 2012 Cowboys with the 1980 version. Unless you think a lousy franchise document is the real spirit of the NFL and its fans. :cool:

Earl Campbell played for HOUSTON, not the Titans.

TheMatrix31
12-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Yep. Miserable fanbase indeed. You'd think we're Buffalo or Oakland or Cleveland or something.

Hopefully it's just hunger for success and nothing truly embedded in the culture of Houston Texans fans, because it's just ****ing ridiculous.

Rey
12-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Who's more miserable?

The fans complaining about weaknesses of the team? Or fans complaining about other fans?

amazing80
12-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Yep. Miserable fanbase indeed. You'd think we're Buffalo or Oakland or Cleveland or something.

Hopefully it's just hunger for success and nothing truly embedded in the culture of Houston Texans fans, because it's just ****ing ridiculous.

Come on man, you can't objectively look at this team and feel confident in them right now

TheMatrix31
12-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Come on man, you can't objectively look at this team and feel confident in them right now

Who said I do? That doesn't change the fact that the fanbase, or at least this board, is steeped in hyperbole and hysterics.

amazing80
12-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Who said I do? That doesn't change the fact that the fanbase, or at least this board, is steeped in hyperbole and hysterics.

Or we're loud mouths who project our voices more when we lose, doesn't mean we waiver on our thoughts

Honoring Earl 34
12-27-2012, 11:13 AM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1734366370/mis_01.jpg

NitroGSXR
12-27-2012, 11:22 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/734317_477054562336174_1072430623_n.png

ajohnson80
12-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Vegas thinks the Texans have a good chance. Only the Broncos, Pats, and Packers have better odds and its not by much. The Broncos winning would be a statistical anomaly since they have won so many in a row and Peyton is a choke artist.

Texans have problems, and a lot of areas they need to shore up for sure. We all know it. Maybe if everyone got behind them they would elevate their level of play. The negative energy of the fans will transfer to the players as teams tend to take on the personality of their city. Only the Broncos look completely whole right now, every other teams has glaring weaknesses.

Yeah, most likely someone else will win, but if everyone picked a superbowl winner right now at least 80% of you would be wrong.

The point is they have as good a chance as anyone and true fans will get behind them and believe. Instead most are all saying negatives so they can be like see I was right all along. Its just dumb and defeats the purpose of being a fan of a certain team imo. Sometimes being a fan requires blind faith and if you cant get behind 12-3 then there is not much hope for this franchise in the future. Oilers 2.0 what city will this team go to??

:pissed: /rant

mridge01
12-27-2012, 11:50 AM

This.

mridge01
12-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Post deleted by OP

ObsiWan
12-27-2012, 06:47 PM
I'll repeat it:

Football fans, for the most part, hate everything.

Naaah... some just want a reaction...

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMi1lMjQzMjcwM2NmZmRmZGZl.png

bckey
12-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Who's more miserable?

The fans complaining about weaknesses of the team? Or fans complaining about other fans?

More like fans that see no fault and never complain seeing thereselves as the only true fans and anyone finding fault as a bandwagon fan or hater. Its a koolaid world to some. I've been a fan of Houston NFL football longer than most on this board have been alive but I don't claim to be any better of a fan than anyone else, just older. Different opinions are not something these "super fans" can handle. You must agree with them or you are wrong mr.

DX-TEX
12-27-2012, 06:53 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/12/ex-cane-reggie-wayne-considered-houston-in-the-offseason/

But when Wayne was making that decision, Texans receiver Andre Johnson was really hoping his old college teammate would join him.

“Here was one of the places that he actually wanted to come,” Johnson said. “I was hoping that I would get a chance to be able to play with him again. Unfortunately, it didn’t go that way.”

At Miami, Wayne took Johnson under his wing and mentored him in the transition to college football.

I didnt know Wayne wanted to come to Houston. Probably Schaubs fault.

Could have had Manning, Wayne, Dre, OD and Arian!!

bckey
12-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Wayne would have been awesome but I bet it was salary cap issues that killed any chance of him coming to Houston.

Honoring Earl 34
12-27-2012, 07:17 PM
It ain't over till it's over .

That's just the way it has to be .:shades:

houstonspartan
12-28-2012, 11:40 AM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/12/ex-cane-reggie-wayne-considered-houston-in-the-offseason/

I didnt know Wayne wanted to come to Houston. Probably Schaubs fault.

Could have had Manning, Wayne, Dre, OD and Arian!!

With David Carr as our QB!!!

(I swear, Texans fans need to step off the ledge sometimes...)

GP
12-28-2012, 11:45 AM
I want to know why it is that IF our team goes 12-3 it means that there is automatically NO complaining allowed?

Miserable? MISERABLE?

If you aren't miserable then you don't know what happiness looks and feels like. Happiness is a Lombardi Trophy, not 12-3 and praying for HFA in a final game on the road against your divisional rival.

For me, this team started off looking like the real deal. The past four weeks, maybe even stretching back to 5 games ago for all I care, we've looked like a Wild Card team.

I now think the Texans are in the same league as the Ravens. Denver and New England will get the two first round byes. We'll be hosting a Wild Card game.

So, "yeah," miserable is OK. It's fair, it's accurate, and it's appropriate when considering what we had to look forward to back when we were 12-1. This team needs every single advantage it can get: Rest for the players, HFA throughout, every single thing we can have go our way...because otherwise I'm not seeing the resiliency I saw back in the two OT games. Since then, we've looked indifferent and apathetic and plain ass ugly.

coltfan123
12-28-2012, 11:51 AM
It simple, the record is not reflecting what the eyes are seeing. This team for the last 6 weeks has played bad football, on both sides if the ball. The All Mighty Wade Phillips (Fools Gold Phillips as he is known around my house)defense has been hemorging for a while, and the all great Kubiaks conservative offense has been so unconsistent.

This team may in fact win a #1 seed, but they damn sure have not played like a #1 seed...that is the freaking misery of it all...

the defense played like pyoff caliber team agaisnt vikings they did soemthing no team has done contain peterson..they would of won if wasnt for that horrid offense

Marcus
12-28-2012, 11:53 AM
If you think we're miserable now, wait a couple of weeks when we're 12-4 and one and done.

Then this place will really be a bucketful of cheer. :smooch:

HTown2ATX
12-28-2012, 11:55 AM
the defense played like pyoff caliber team agaisnt vikings they did soemthing no team has done contain peterson..they would of won if wasnt for that horrid offense

You said it man....horrible! I had food poisoning and was violently ill for last Sunday's game against the Vikings but I was in Houston visiting family so I laid on the couch at my Aunt's to watch the game. I had been trying to hold back vomit the whole day and finally near half time I said I would rather be throwing up....so I did....and frankly I enjoyed that more than watching that swirling turd of a game. Pathetic!

:wadepalm:

Rey
12-28-2012, 11:57 AM
If you complained about 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 2-14 you should be ashamed...

Some cities don't even have a football team...

We were fortunate enough to have Mr. McNair bring a team BACK to Houston. Just be happy he isn't Buck Fud.

We are 12-3, going to the play-offs for the second time, second time winning the division and you are going to complain just because the team has played poorly....

We could be the 0-16 lions...

Nevermind wanting more...JUST BE HAPPY YOU DON'T HAVE IT WORSE!!! and NO MORE SOUP FOR UUU!!111!!

coltfan123
12-28-2012, 11:58 AM
You said it man....horrible! I had food poisoning and was violently ill for last Sunday's game against the Vikings but I was in Houston visiting family so I laid on the couch at my Aunt's to watch the game. I had been trying to hold back vomit the whole day and finally near half time I said I would rather be throwing up....so I did....and frankly I enjoyed that more than watching that swirling turd of a game. Pathetic!

:wadepalm:

now your gareteed to sweep the afc south becuase texans cant lose two in a row right? :texflag:

Say Watt
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM

Prove it.

MSR.

Why do threads like this just go on and on and on?!? You have the sunshine pumpers on one side of the fence screaming about how they are the only "real" fans and on the other side we have the debbie downers constantly complaining about every single little thing even when the team is successful. Then you have the rest of us that are just somewhere in the middle. We get happy and encouraged when the team is playing well, and we get pissed off and down in the dumps when the team is sucking. What exactly is wrong with that?

Isn't being a little emotional part of being a "fan"? Becoming a fan of a team is almost like entering into a marriage relationship. You care about the team. You want the best for the team. When things are going well with the team, you are on cloud nine. When things are going poorly, you want to steal candy from babies. That's just the way it is for many of us. So why not shut the hell up with all this divisive nonsense about who the "real" fans are or how miserable our fans are and just enjoy talking about the team we all care about.

Double Barrel
12-28-2012, 12:09 PM
If you think we're miserable now, wait a couple of weeks when we're 12-4 and one and done.

Then this place will really be a bucketful of cheer. :smooch:

yep. At that point it might be time to hit the eject button and wait a couple of weeks to land safely.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2009/07/eject8.jpg

coltfan123
12-28-2012, 12:23 PM
yep. At that point it might be time to hit the eject button and wait a couple of weeks to land safely.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2009/07/eject8.jpg

there is no escape!!! http://i48.tinypic.com/2uqje4g.png

Say Watt
12-28-2012, 12:41 PM
If you complained about 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 2-14 you should be ashamed...

Some cities don't even have a football team...

We were fortunate enough to have Mr. McNair bring a team BACK to Houston. Just be happy he isn't Buck Fud.

We are 12-3, going to the play-offs for the second time, second time winning the division and you are going to complain just because the team has played poorly....

We could be the 0-16 lions...

Nevermind wanting more...JUST BE HAPPY YOU DON'T HAVE IT WORSE!!! and NO MORE SOUP FOR UUU!!111!!

So this is the answer? We should never demand more, never expect excellence from our team. Instead, we should just sit around eating smores while singing kumbaya just happy we should have a team?

Ok, if you say so...

thunderkyss
12-28-2012, 01:21 PM
I want to know why it is that IF our team goes 12-3 it means that there is automatically NO complaining allowed?

It's not the complaining. This "belief" that the Texans are absolutely no good, to the point where we are predicting a loss the the Indy Colts, that's unacceptable.

Yeah, you can predict it (not you in particular, but whoever is predicting as much) but expect to get some blow back.

We're not good enough to beat the elite teams... nothing wrong with saying as much.

We're not good enough to beat Minnesota... obviously.

We're not as good as we were to start the season, & we weren't all that great even then... the evidence is there.

But when we played the Titans... beat them. Beat them pretty good. When we played the Jags. Beat them. When played the Colts, beat them. Five games, only one of them was in question, & it wasn't the Colts game.

Even if we don't play our best game, we should be able to beat the Colts in Indy & be the #1 seed. Hopefully, that will give us time to find some way to get better & have a shot at the Super Bowl.

Showtime100
12-28-2012, 01:46 PM
It's not the complaining. This "belief" that the Texans are absolutely no good, to the point where we are predicting a loss the the Indy Colts, that's unacceptable.

Yeah, you can predict it (not you in particular, but whoever is predicting as much) but expect to get some blow back.

We're not good enough to beat the elite teams... nothing wrong with saying as much.

We're not good enough to beat Minnesota... obviously.

We're not as good as we were to start the season, & we weren't all that great even then... the evidence is there.

But when we played the Titans... beat them. Beat them pretty good. When we played the Jags. Beat them. When played the Colts, beat them. Five games, only one of them was in question, & it wasn't the Colts game.

Even if we don't play our best game, we should be able to beat the Colts in Indy & be the #1 seed. Hopefully, that will give us time to find some way to get better & have a shot at the Super Bowl.

If a Texans fan weighs the upcoming game against the Colts and comes to the conclusion his/her money would be on the Colts, how is that unacceptable? I take it as one person's opinion right or wrong and move on without judgement.

Hearing what my fellow Texan fans think is one of the reasons I come here. I don't agree with, and sometimes chuckle at some opinions but it is just an opinion.

On the other hand I do get a little perturbed when I see a fan trying to tell me how I should think as a fan (not directed at you).

Fwiw, in my mind the Colts come with roughly the same degree of difficulty as the Vikings do, if not slightly better than the Vikes as of this typing, so those that have the feeling we could lose on Sunday is not the most absurd thing in the world.

I keep hearing from the Texans they are refocused, I can only hope this is true, because my confidence in them right now is low.....and I'm a fan.

cdollaz
12-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj277/b_grrrlie/animated/860763844_m.gif

http://static.stuff.co.nz/1355367535/444/8076444.jpg

Hervoyel
12-28-2012, 01:59 PM
So this is the answer? We should never demand more, never expect excellence from our team. Instead, we should just sit around eating smores while singing kumbaya just happy we should have a team?

Ok, if you say so...

I sensed :sarcasm:in his post. I get the impression you did not.

Say Watt
12-28-2012, 02:08 PM
I sensed :sarcasm:in his post. I get the impression you did not.

I did not sense that at all. :wadepalm:

thunderkyss
12-28-2012, 02:11 PM
If a Texans fan weighs the upcoming game against the Colts and comes to the conclusion his/her money would be on the Colts, how is that unacceptable? I take it as one person's opinion right or wrong and move on without judgement.

Fwiw, in my mind the Colts come with roughly the same degree of difficulty as the Vikings do, if not slightly better than the Vikes as of this typing, so those that have the feeling we could lose on Sunday is not the most absurd thing in the world.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this line of thinking. If you think the Colts are as good as the Vikings (which they aren't) & you think they may win, because they are good... no problem.

If you think the Texans will lose because they suck... surely you see the difference?

by the way, the Vikings are +6 in turnovers. The Colts are -16. pull up their penalties & I bet it's just as drastic a difference. Look at their points differential. The Colts are not a good team.

Showtime100
12-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with this line of thinking. If you think the Colts are as good as the Vikings (which they aren't) & you think they may win, because they are good... no problem.

If you think the Texans will lose because they suck... surely you see the difference?

by the way, the Vikings are +6 in turnovers. The Colts are -16. pull up their penalties & I bet it's just as drastic a difference. Look at their points differential. The Colts are not a good team.

I think it's too close to definitively call, but my money is on Houston because I believe are aware they have used up all the favors 12 wins will buy them. I believe they have gotten an earful from fans and media and now that they truly need to win to keep that they have, they are indeed refocused.

The Texan fan in me HAS to believe that.

We'll agree to disagree on the Vikes/Colts assessments, but that's neither here nor there anyway. :)

toronto
12-28-2012, 04:14 PM

Rep from a rival fan. Great post that brought back old early 90s memories.

Rey
12-28-2012, 04:18 PM

Yeah...I was being sarcastic...Very....

I've been ripping the team for two weeks...

I'm done with that for now though...Time to think positive

https://www.ptsdforum.org/c/attachments/positive-thoughts-disappointments2-jpg.17685/

The Third Man
12-28-2012, 04:26 PM

Ok, if you say so...

You can demand all you want. Your influence as a fan is zilch.

Surreal McCoy
12-28-2012, 05:16 PM
You can demand all you want. Your influence as a fan is zilch.

You just had to go and ruin for them, didn't you? First Santa, now this? Shameful!

spurstexanstros
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Did some one say its time for some Kool Aid? Im feeling this board needs some koolaid brought back to it.... wouldn't have thought so at 12-3. just keep on being negative guys... cause some one needs to serve y'all up some koolaid...Aww heck Im doing it now

Its time for Texans fans to stop feeling sorry for themselves and freaking enjoy this ride we are on. We are flippin 12-3. If you want to commiserate and poo poo the Texans go to the fire Kubiak thread or start sage thread and do it there..
But as for us Koolaid drinkers...Put on the Texans gear you received for Christmas...dust off the ole David Carr jersey....polish your Aaron Glenn commemorative bobble head ...remember every bit of heart ache you have felt for this team...the Rosencopter...the "Knock it down" play...the VY game ender...remember every heart ache this team has caused you as you put on that beautiful Battle Red ...remember the ridicule you got from your friends and family after every heart breaking loss as you put on the Steel Blue jersey that symbolizes your solid commitment that you have for this team ...However, as game day approaches and you put on your bright and shiny Liberty White road jersey.... forget the past...realize that those dark days are behind you...your team is no longer an expansion team or doormat of the AFC... a new day has DAWNED and the Texans will get home field and they will ride the wave of the BattleRedRevolution (aka the fans of Reliant) right to the Superbowl and claim the first NFL title for the city of Houston. All that pain and all that heartache (and all the whining and soaping on here) will be forgotten as we get our Championship t-shirts.

The time for complaining is OVER...Now is our time to stand up Texans fans Rise up and in one loud voice yell.... WE ARE TEXANS!!!!!!!!!

Kgbmedic
12-28-2012, 08:15 PM

Well said sir. I would rep you but it says something about spreading it around.

ATXtexanfan
12-28-2012, 08:54 PM
12-4 would make me absolutely without a doubt miserable. Entering a hornets nest on sunday. This game will decide if I sell my playoff tickets or not. If these guys can't sweep indi to get the one seed when indi is all pumped up from their coach returning and knowing we have never won there . I hope the Texans let Luck know this is our division

BullNation4Life
12-29-2012, 12:36 AM

Hey, past, guess what... This same defense lost to a Dan Orlovsky ran Indy offense in Indy last year that only won 2 games...

0-11 in Indy until further notice...

TheMatrix31
12-29-2012, 06:27 AM
12-4 would make me absolutely without a doubt miserable. Entering a hornets nest on sunday. This game will decide if I sell my playoff tickets or not. If these guys can't sweep indi to get the one seed when indi is all pumped up from their coach returning and knowing we have never won there . I hope the Texans let Luck know this is our division

Yeah 12-4 really sucks, man.

TD
12-29-2012, 08:16 AM

12-4 sounds good, but 1-3 sure doesn't....especially if the last loss comes from team that has nothing to play for and whose biggest worry is being healthy for the playoffs.

That said, no effin way I would sell playoff tickets....that's not a fan.

Hervoyel
12-29-2012, 11:09 AM

Well, I could be wrong. That's entirely possible and it wouldn't be the first time (nor likely the last)

tedr
12-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Did some one say its time for some Kool Aid? Im feeling this board needs some koolaid brought back to it.... wouldn't have thought so at 12-3. just keep on being negative guys... cause some one needs to serve y'all up some koolaid...Aww heck Im doing it now

Its time for Texans fans to stop feeling sorry for themselves and freaking enjoy this ride we are on. We are flippin 12-3. If you want to commiserate and poo poo the Texans go to the fire Kubiak thread or start sage thread and do it there..
But as for us Koolaid drinkers...Put on the Texans gear you received for Christmas...dust off the ole David Carr jersey....polish your Aaron Glenn commemorative bobble head ...remember every bit of heart ache you have felt for this team...the Rosencopter...the "Knock it down" play...the VY game ender...remember every heart ache this team has caused you as you put on that beautiful Battle Red ...remember the ridicule you got from your friends and family after every heart breaking loss as you put on the Steel Blue jersey that symbolizes your solid commitment that you have for this team ...However, as game day approaches and you put on your bright and shiny Liberty White road jersey.... forget the past...realize that those dark days are behind you...your team is no longer an expansion team or doormat of the AFC... a new day has DAWNED and the Texans will get home field and they will ride the wave of the BattleRedRevolution (aka the fans of Reliant) right to the Superbowl and claim the first NFL title for the city of Houston. All that pain and all that heartache (and all the whining and soaping on here) will be forgotten as we get our Championship t-shirts.

The time for complaining is OVER...Now is our time to stand up Texans fans Rise up and in one loud voice yell.... WE ARE TEXANS!!!!!!!!!

Glad you mentioned the bolded part above. My wife and kids loaded me up with Texans gear at Christmas, so I will be celebrating us gaining HFA in style on Sunday...much rep to you, sir.

Thorn
12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Put on the Texans gear you received for Christmas!

My 2012 AFC South championship hat and shirt didn't get here in time, so I guess I'll have to wear last years AFCS championship shirt. I waited to late to order the hat for that last year. This year I bought two. One to leave in the plastic wrapping as a keepsake, the other to actually wear when I want a cap on.

If anyone knows where I can pick up a AFCS championship hat from last year in reasonably good condition, please let me know. Thanks. :)

TheMatrix31
12-29-2012, 08:51 PM
My brother got me a Texans sweater for Christmas so I'm excited to wear it.

I definitely need more Texans stuff. Will buy some if/when I start working again anytime soon.

ObsiWan
12-29-2012, 09:01 PM
My 2012 AFC South championship hat and shirt didn't get here in time, so I guess I'll have to wear last years AFCS championship shirt. I waited to late to order the hat for that last year. This year I bought two. One to leave in the plastic wrapping as a keepsake, the other to actually wear when I want a cap on.

If anyone knows where I can pick up a AFCS championship hat from last year in reasonably good condition, please let me know. Thanks. :)

I have the T-shirt; got it at Academy. Can't find the hat anywhere. :foottap:

ObsiWan
12-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Hey, past, guess what... This same defense lost to a Dan Orlovsky ran Indy offense in Indy last year that only won 2 games...

0-11 in Indy until further notice...

Do you remember WHY we lost that game?
Do you remember the two penalties on J.J. Watt in the red zone. And even then we had them ready to get off the field. So, not satisfied with the screwing they gave the Texans' D, they call a BS pass interference on Glover Quin. The zebras gave Dan Orlovsky & the Colts three first & tens inside the red zone.

1st and 10 at HOU 20(No Huddle) D.Orlovsky spiked the ball to stop the clock.
2nd and 10 at HOU 20(Shotgun) D.Orlovsky scrambles up the middle to HST 18 for 2 yards (J.Watt). PENALTY on HST-J.Watt, Illegal Use of Hands, 5 yards, enforced at HST 18.
1st and 10 at HOU 13(Shotgun) D.Orlovsky pass incomplete short left to A.Collie. PENALTY on HST-J.Watt, Roughing the Passer, 7 yards, enforced at HST 13 - No Play.
Timeout #1 by HST at 00:35.
1st and 6 at HOU 6(Shotgun) D.Orlovsky pass incomplete short middle to A.Collie [A.Smith].
2nd and 6 at HOU 6(Shotgun) D.Orlovsky pass incomplete short right to J.Tamme (J.Watt).
3rd and 6 at HOU 6(Shotgun) D.Orlovsky pass incomplete short left to J.Tamme. PENALTY on HST-G.Quin, Defensive Pass Interference, 5 yards, enforced at HST 6 - No Play.
1st and 1 at HOU 1(Shotgun) D.Orlovsky pass short left to R.Wayne for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.1618
Up until this drive, we had the lead. And even after the gimme TD, the Colts only led by three. So don't act like Orlovsky ran roughshod over our defense. The ZEBRAS gave them that game with three gimme 1&10's inside the red zone.

ESAD2-14
12-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Do you remember WHY we lost that game?
Do you remember the two penalties on J.J. Watt in the red zone. And even then we had them ready to get off the field. So, not satisfied with the screwing they gave the Texans' D, they call a BS pass interference on Glover Quin. The zebras gave Dan Orlovsky & the Colts three first & tens inside the red zone.

Up until this drive, we had the lead. And even after the gimme TD, the Colts only led by three. So don't act like Orlovsky ran roughshod over our defense. The ZEBRAS gave them that game with three gimme 1&10's inside the red zone.

That game was reffed by Jerome Bogar (pretty sure that's how you spell it). After watching him hand that game to the Colt's I figured someone from Houston had stolen his wife/girlfriend. So he exacted his revenge referee style.

Norg
12-30-2012, 12:13 AM
hating on the texans only shows that deep down inside u acctually care about the texans

Thorn
12-30-2012, 02:37 AM
I have the T-shirt; got it at Academy. Can't find the hat anywhere. :foottap:

I ordered mine online. I'd hurry up if I was you, that ran out pretty early last year.

TheMatrix31
12-30-2012, 04:05 AM
That game we lost against Indy last year was one of the most atrociously-reffed games I've ever watched in any sport.

S M F H.

TexanSam
12-30-2012, 04:17 AM
The Texans looked terrible going into last year's playoffs and we were a healthy Matt Schaub from going to the AFC Championship game (at least). I'm hoping that's the case this year, only with better results than the AFC Championship.

As bad as we've looked recently, we should beat Indy and clinch HFA. After that we should beat the winner of Indy/Baltimore. Anything is possibly in the playoffs, but we're better than either of those teams. After that, it's fair game. This ****ing team likes to play down to it's competition, but when the stakes are high my gut says they'll go toe-to-toe with the best of them when it matters. Then again, I'm just optimistic.

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 11:39 AM
That game we lost against Indy last year was one of the most atrociously-reffed games I've ever watched in any sport.

S M F H.

Doesn't matter, we should win those games anyway. Especially if we are a 10-6 team & they are a 2-14 "about to get the 1st pick in the draft" team. I can see the referees taking away a dominant victory, but to give them the game outright, that's on us. Not the refs.

Same thing two weeks ago. Although we owned that game from bell to bell, it should have been a blow out. Just like the Falcons blew out the Giants, or the way they blew out the LIons, or the Packers blew out the Titans, or the Ravens beat the Giants, or the Seahawks beat the 49ers.

Goatcheese
12-30-2012, 11:50 AM
That game was reffed by Jerome Bogar

When I see that scumbag is the ref, I half expect the game to be a loss. He's worse than the replacement refs, and should be flipping burgers at Mcdonald's.

HJam72
12-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Boogar-man.

ATXtexanfan
12-30-2012, 07:13 PM
how bout 12-4 and the three seed? thankyou sunshine club for proving the sun shines and we suck again

HJam72
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
We are now the most miserable fans of a 12-4 team, because they are likely the worst 12-4 team ever.

Nawzer
12-30-2012, 07:46 PM
We are now the most miserable fans of a 12-4 team, because they are likely the worst 12-4 team ever.

It's not even miserable because I was miserable during those early years where we sucked a lot. I'm more apathetic actually if anything and that's probably worse because I really don't care ultimately what happens to this team. There's only so many crushing defeats you can take and a couple of years ago when we finished 6-10 that was a soul crushing season for me. Ever since then I've been kind of apathetic about this team.

Hervoyel
12-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Right now I've got nothing but pure hatred in my heart for this team. I don't understand how professionals can play like this when they have everything in front of them to play for and to do it week after week. It just boggles my mind. Do they have no heart? I mean, what is it? How can they just have everything in the palms of their hands and then choke like that... twice? One win is all they needed and the moment they came out against Minnesota and looked like they didn't care I knew that they'd **** up this week too. What a ****ty team. What a lousy bunch of players without a competitive bone in their collective bodies. I'm at the point where I think even AJ is a bit of a fraud now. I mean, had a TD right in his hands and just dropped it like it didn't matter. That's going through the motions but not focusing on the play as it's happening. That's nothing like Reggie Wayne snatching a ball out of the air as it comes to him. You can point that out up and down the roster. Just frauds, all of them.

Dwayne Brown and his "Focusing like I've never seen us focus" quote is priceless. He plays for Gary Kubiak and the Texans. He doesn't understand what focusing on a goal really means. He's too busy riding his Segway, wearing his letterman jacket and getting put down at nap time after milk and cookies with the rest of the kids.

Rey
12-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Right now I've got nothing but pure hatred in my heart for this team. I don't understand how professionals can play like this when they have everything in front of them to play for and to do it week after week. It just boggles my mind. Do they have no heart? I mean, what is it? How can they just have everything in the palms of their hands and then choke like that... twice? One win is all they needed and the moment they came out against Minnesota and looked like they didn't care I knew that they'd **** up this week too. What a ****ty team. What a lousy bunch of players without a competitive bone in their collective bodies. I'm at the point where I think even AJ is a bit of a fraud now. I mean, had a TD right in his hands and just dropped it like it didn't matter. That's going through the motions but not focusing on the play as it's happening. That's nothing like Reggie Wayne snatching a ball out of the air as it comes to him. You can point that out up and down the roster. Just frauds, all of them.

Dwayne Brown and his "Focusing like I've never seen us focus" quote is priceless. He plays for Gary Kubiak and the Texans. He doesn't understand what focusing on a goal really means. He's too busy riding his Segway, wearing his letterman jacket and getting put down at nap time after milk and cookies with the rest of the kids.

Honestly, it doesnt look like they are playing without heart.

They come out sluggish and unprepared every week. That's on kubiak.

Our qb is not good as well.

ATXtexanfan
12-30-2012, 07:55 PM

how confident is that 12-4 man, just asking

EllisUnit
12-30-2012, 07:56 PM

i am going to start going to work and half ass performing like the texans have lately and see how long i keep my job :) i bet it wont be as long as these guys have.

ATXtexanfan
12-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Honestly, it doesnt look like they are playing without heart.

They come out sluggish and unprepared every week. That's on kubiak.

Our qb is not good as well.

heart vs coaching? good question. i still dont see the heart. coaching was fine early. lack of coaching hard to find in a 12 win team. maybe a lack of leadership???

EllisUnit
12-30-2012, 08:01 PM
heart vs coaching? good question. i still dont see the heart. coaching was fine early. lack of coaching hard to find in a 12 win team. maybe a lack of leadership???

no our defense was getting a bunch of lucky turnovers early on in the season, once that slowed down and the Offense wasnt given a short field all the time our weaknesses really began to stick out.

Think of when the last time we had an INT was.......he ummm the last one i remeber was the bears game.

ATXtexanfan
12-30-2012, 08:05 PM
no our defense was getting a bunch of lucky turnovers early on in the season, once that slowed down and the Offense wasnt given a short field all the time our weaknesses really began to stick out.

Think of when the last time we had an INT was.......he ummm the last one i remeber was the bears game.

dude nice call. your right

mariowillshine15
12-30-2012, 08:07 PM

We did have that fumble today. Wait no we didn't my bad.

gafftop
12-30-2012, 08:11 PM

I agree 100%. We have a slow grind it out methodical offense. No real quick strike ability. Yea I know AJ still has some but Schaub is not good at the long ball. Did you see the pass Luck made, can Matt duplicate???? I think Matt was even more physically deficient this year than last before he got hurt.
We were able to grind it out last year because our oline was better which helped our run game and pass.

I think we may really be miserable fans next year when we are trying to just get in the playoffs.

TD
12-31-2012, 02:14 PM
hating on the texans only shows that deep down inside u acctually care about the texans

The opposite of love isn't hate....its indifference. You have to care a lot to hate.