PDA

View Full Version : Un-Inspired, Un-Motivated, Heartless Paper Champs of the AFC South

BullNation4Life
12-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Blast me if you will, this team is DEFIANTLY not a #1 seed for the playoffs. Scream all you want about being 12-3, it is the most un-inspiring 12-3 I have ever witnessed a football team to be.

You have something to play for and you concede to play in a building you have not won at in 11 years...

absolutely pathetic...

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 03:51 PM
I guess you won't be rooting for this team in the playoffs then, since they are paper champs.

Throw your cards in now then.

The playoffs is a different season. This team can bounce back and learn from this. If they don't it's because of coaching.

LonerATO
12-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Blast me if you will, this team is DEFIANTLY not a #1 seed for the playoffs. Scream all you want about being 12-3, it is the most un-inspiring 12-3 I have ever witnessed a football team to be.

You have something to play for and you concede to play in a building you have not won at in 11 years...

absolutely pathetic...

It's only four years in the new stadium, but I get your point.

TejasTom
12-23-2012, 03:55 PM
1st game I have ever left early .

Pathetic doesn't even come close to describing this.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

BullNation4Life
12-23-2012, 03:56 PM
It's only four years in the new stadium, but I get your point.

My bad should have said city...

BullNation4Life
12-23-2012, 03:58 PM
I guess you won't be rooting for this team in the playoffs then, since they are paper champs.

Throw your cards in now then.

The playoffs is a different season. This team can bounce back and learn from this. If they don't it's because of coaching.

Oh I'll will cheer because I am a glutton for punishment but nothing, absolutely nothing the last 6 weeks has shown this team plays like a #1 seed. If you think they have, then you are simply in denial....

srrono
12-23-2012, 03:59 PM
When HOU loses they really know how to demonstrate a sense of Patheticness only matched by the coyote vs the roadrunner.

Wolf
12-23-2012, 03:59 PM
My bad should have said city...

Uhh we were at home

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Oh I'll will cheer because I am a glutton for punishment but nothing, absolutely nothing the last 6 weeks has shown this team plays like a #1 seed. If you think they have, then you are simply in denial....

Maybe they aren't, but they still have a great shot. They'll have homefield advantage throughout the post season with a win next week and they'll have a first round bye. I like those odds for starters.

You seem to forget the Giants and how they stumbled into the playoffs two times and won it both times, because they turned it on when it counted. THe Texans can as well, but that will be on Kubiak to make that happen as the coach. That is where I have my doubts. I don't think that Kubiak can get this team playing with that chip on their shoulder. The team itself might be able to do that without the motivation from their HC though.

BullNation4Life
12-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Uhh we were at home

Uhhh I am talking about going on the road and beating the Colts who in 11 years the Texans have NEVER beat the Colts in Indy, that is including having Dan Orlovsky at QB for the Colts...

keep up son...

eriadoc
12-23-2012, 04:03 PM

Who said anything about stopping rooting? You people never seem to recognize that REALITY is reality, and you can recognize it and yet STILL root for your team. I rooted for the Texans when they were 2-14 and never had any delusions they were anything but a crappy team. I root for this team, but I'm capable of recognizing their shortcomings.

STRAW MAN ARGUMENT

BullNation4Life
12-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Maybe they aren't, but they still have a great shot. They'll have homefield advantage throughout the post season with a win next week and they'll have a first round bye. I like those odds for starters.

You seem to forget the Giants and how they stumbled into the playoffs two times and won it both times, because they turned it on when it counted. THe Texans can as well, but that will be on Kubiak to make that happen as the coach. That is where I have my doubts. I don't think that Kubiak can get this team playing with that chip on their shoulder. The team itself might be able to do that without the motivation from their HC though.

The fact you just tried to compare THIS team to the Giants is beyond laughable. I am sorry but the odds are stacked against them going into Indy at beating the Colts, which they have not done in 11 years...

DX-TEX
12-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Colts game next week will be meaningless for the Colts. They win in KC and their spot is secured.

Wolf
12-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Uhhh I am talking about going on the road and beating the Colts who in 11 years the Texans have NEVER beat the Colts in Indy, that is including having Dan Orlovsky at QB for the Colts...

keep up son...

Oh please. Colts are not a problem and Luck is not Manning

Texas T
12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Colts game next week will be meaningless for the Colts. They win in KC and their spot is secured.

Their coach comes back next week. They will be out to win for him.

They will play inspired and I'm not sure if the Texans will.

BullNation4Life
12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Oh please. Colts are not a problem and Luck is not Manning

Yup and Ponder is not Farve, wouldn't have known that from today's game...

Have you not seen how Luck plays at home? Keep telling yourself what ever you need to stay in denial, this team is headed in a downward spiral straight into the playoffs with no coming out of it in sight...

Textan
12-23-2012, 04:11 PM
The fact you just tried to compare THIS team to the Giants is beyond laughable. I am sorry but the odds are stacked against them going into Indy at beating the Colts, which they have not done in 11 years...
Giants also have Eli. Texans have Sloth.

BullNation4Life
12-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Actually, your post was more like an opinion.

but a very accurate opinion none the less...

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 04:24 PM
but a very accurate opinion none the less...

Not really. If they win next week, they'll be the #1 seed. Right there, your first sentence is inaccurate.

houstonspartan
12-23-2012, 04:26 PM
The playoffs are going to be very ugly.

qqert
12-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Giants also have Eli. Texans have Sloth.

and we have turtle for head coach!

http://curiousanimals.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/very-20old-20one-small1.jpg

BullNation4Life
12-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Not really. If they win next week, they'll be the #1 seed. Right there, your first sentence is inaccurate.

So if the Colts don't play anybody next week and Texans backdoor their way into a #1 seed, that is the definition of a championship caliber team?

you must be looking at different dictionary than the rest of us...

Hervoyel
12-23-2012, 04:31 PM

Wrong.

They play next week with Pagano on the sidelines. They'll be flying around like they're in a Super Bowl and this Texans team will be stumbling around in another confused daze because the opponent in front of them wants it more.

The Colts are going to beat our asses Sunday in Indianapolis. They're going to win it for their coach. Not a doubt in my mind.

The Texans are going to :rake: for their coach.

Thorn
12-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Before the season started, everyone would have been ecstatic about being 12-3 with one game left.

But now we are doomed to failure. LOL

I'm as pissed about this game as anyone, but come on guys, let's have a little perspective about here. The Texans had a bad day, all good teams have bad days. Sheesh.

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 04:33 PM
So if the Colts don't play anybody next week and Texans backdoor their way into a #1 seed, that is the definition of a championship caliber team?

The first sentence of your original post said:

Blast me if you will, this team is DEFIANTLY not a #1 seed for the playoffs.

If the Texans win next week, they'll be the #1 seed regardless if it's "defiantly" or "definitely", because I'm not sure which one you meant.

Either way, if the Texans win next week, they'll be the #1 seed and your first sentence would be rendered inaccurate.

Stop moving the goalposts on your thoughts. You mentioned absolutely nothing about "back door"-ing.

What's the problem here?

ziggy29
12-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Before the season started, everyone would have been ecstatic about being 12-3 with one game left.

I'm as pissed about this game as anyone, but come on guys, let's have a little perspective about here. The Texans had a bad day, all good teams have bad days. Sheesh.
But let's look at the last 6 games:

W 43-37 -- OT at home against 2-13 JAX

W 34-31 -- OT @ 4-11 DET

W 24-10 -- @ 5-10 TEN, game was closer than the score for much of the second half

L 14-42 -- pounded @ playoff-caliber team (NE)

W 29-17 -- vs. IND, closer for most of the second half, only win against a decent team in this stretch

L 23-6 -- at HOME versus possible playoff team (MIN), offense AWOL

It's not just "one bad day". What in this suggests a team that's one of even the 10 best teams in the NFL *right now*, let alone 12-3?

I'm not giving up on this team and not saying we have no chance in the playoffs.... but nothing in the last 6 weeks looks inspires much confidence unless they can find the stride they hit in the first 9 games of the season.

And really -- if you told me that they'd hold AP to 86 yards and they'd lose by 17? Wow.

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Only decent win? We were down 34-20 and battled back against Detroit. And I'm pretty sure we came back to beat Jacksonville too.

You don't have to be ahead the entire game for it to be a "decent win", because there are different ways to win games.

cuppacoffee
12-23-2012, 04:52 PM

Its all about failed expectations Thorn.

We (Texan fans) thought we had Liz Taylor at her peak and then the Vikings undressed us and we discovered we had Nancy Pelosi instead.

Something is missing in your team when you are at home playing for HFA throughout the playoffs and you get the game we had today.

:coffee:

ziggy29
12-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Only decent win? We were down 34-20 and battled back against Detroit. And I'm pretty sure we came back to beat Jacksonville too.

You don't have to be ahead the entire game for it to be a "decent win", because there are different ways to win games.

Yes, the OT wins showed some heart which was good to see, but these aren't good teams. (Anyway, I changed it to read "only win against a decent team" since that was more of what I meant to say.)

arb729
12-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Just going to play Devil's Advocate..

But let's look at the last 6 games:

W 43-37 -- OT at home against 2-13 JAX

Jax played well today vs the Pats and beat the Colts early this year, maybe they just get up for better teams?

W 34-31 -- OT @ 4-11 DET

not many excuses for that game i guess

W 24-10 -- @ 5-10 TEN, game was closer than the score for much of the second half
disagree, they won this game through and through

L 14-42 -- pounded @ playoff-caliber team (NE)

ugh.

W 29-17 -- vs. IND, closer for most of the second half, only decent win in this 6 game run
disagree in full. they lead start to finish against a strong team. that's a great win.

L 23-6 -- at HOME versus possible playoff team (MIN), offense AWOL

laid an egg. plain and simple.

:kitten:

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 04:54 PM
A win's a win. I don't give a **** anymore.

IlliniJen
12-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Where do people acquire the mind-boggling attitude of: everything is either going great or it's the apocalypse?

People be trippin'.

ziggy29
12-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Where do people acquire the mind-boggling attitude of: everything is either going great or it's the apocalypse?

It's not the apocalypse. (That was supposed to be 2 days ago.)

It's just that people are saying "12-3" all over the place as if their current record makes them one of the best teams in the NFL *right now*. Looking at their resume for the last weeks, I don't think they have been. Now I get the "any given Sunday" stuff but this has looked *nothing* like a 12-3 team in the last 6 weeks. That's all I'm saying. I'm still hoping they can regain their stride but they haven't really had it recently -- and it just feels like the wrong time to go into a (relative) funk.

If they smash the Colts in the mouth next week and secure HFA, I'll feel better.

Wolf
12-23-2012, 04:58 PM

WTF. Posting just to be posting?

Wolf
12-23-2012, 05:00 PM

People be trippin'.
Maddenizing of our society.

BullNation4Life
12-23-2012, 05:06 PM
WTF. Posting just to be posting?

connect the dots, Colts sit Luck and their starters, Texans play their starters, Texans win, get #1 seed = back dooring into the #1 seed ie: Colts basically gave it to you....Last I checked, a #1 seed earned it by winning it outright, wasn't handed to them because the other team had nothing to play for...

clear enough for you?

Wolf
12-23-2012, 05:07 PM
connect the dots, Colts sit Luck and their starters, Texans play their starters, Texans win, get #1 seed = back dooring into the #1 seed ie: Colts basically gave it to you....

clear enough for you?

Thanks for the laugh

ziggy29
12-23-2012, 05:08 PM
connect the dots, Colts sit Luck and their starters, Texans play their starters, Texans win, get #1 seed = back dooring into the #1 seed ie: Colts basically gave it to you....

clear enough for you?

I don't want to call that "backing in", but yeah -- the Colts have no chance for a first round bye and they have clinched the playoffs -- so they have relatively little to play for compared to the Texans, who can either get the #1 seed and HFA or go down to #3 and not get a first-round bye depending on what happens next week.

nut
12-23-2012, 05:19 PM
After our showing today and against the Pack & the Patsys, I don't care how we get the bye. I'll take a "backdoor" bye if that is what it takes. We need a good seed or we will probably be toast.

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 05:33 PM
connect the dots, Colts sit Luck and their starters, Texans play their starters, Texans win, get #1 seed = back dooring into the #1 seed ie: Colts basically gave it to you....Last I checked, a #1 seed earned it by winning it outright, wasn't handed to them because the other team had nothing to play for...

clear enough for you?

How the hell do you back into the #1 or #2 seed of the AFC? Lol!! That's some prolific exxaggerating if I've ever seen any before.

gtexan02
12-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Remember when the Titans were 13-3? Yeah, thats who this team reminds me of.

alphajoker
12-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Hate to say it but this team is trending downward. :dontknowa

dc_txtech
12-23-2012, 06:08 PM

People be trippin'.

This.

CloakNNNdagger
12-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Do not despair. Bob McNair is serious about turning around the problems enumerated in the title of this thread. He has hired a tried and true team motivator to get the team to "pick it up"!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f116/w4rfrog00/andy.gif

Onward and upward to the Super Bowl......for sure.:spin:

GP
12-24-2012, 07:23 PM
A win's a win. I don't give a **** anymore.

Then why not win vs. Vikings and just breeze through the last game vs. Colts?

If a win is a win, they had an easy shot at getting that win this Sunday.

And they choked, like only Houston teams can choke.

****, TJ Yates found a way to be clutch vs. Bengals (on the road, no less!) and get us our first AFC South title and playoff berth. Matt Schaub looked like an incredibly inferior QB, and he HAS on numerous occasions lately.

I'm sorry. But I'm old enough to see a choke job when I see one, and these guys are going Choke City on us here. Badly. They're doing it slowly. Killing us softly with their song.

You want that win next week? I don't think they get it. They don't have it in them. These guys are packing it in, mailing it in, basically saying that getting to the playoffs is good enough.

I feel so damn sorry for JJ Watt and Andre Johnson to have to suffer through the other 51 scabs who are choking this away. It should infuriate everyone on here that only two guys have it in them to be ultimate pros at their jobs week in and week out.

GP
12-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I'd like to see Kubiak be a MAN and bench Matt Schaub next Sunday.

Start Yates. Make Matt Schaub have to sit there and watch, and IF Yates stinks it up...put Schaub in there and see if that lights a fire under Schaub's ass.

Because right now, Matt is acting like the 3rd stringer on this team. He is locking in on ONE guy immediately, completely not even seeing wide open guys across the field. HIs reads and his progressions are seriously off. He's in a slump, as is Foster, and if Kubiak can bench the untouchable Foster....then he needs to think about benching Schaub too.

Might as well try SOMETHING because the status quo is getting worse as the games go on.

This team has me so pissed off. And the people who are poo-poo'ing and acting like people are abandoning the team for just stating the obvious are pissing me off too. What. In. The. Hell has this team done well from start to finish in ANY of the past 3 games? And let me state this: EVERY team has beaten up the Titans, so the middle game there with the Titans doesn't count for much in my eyes.

coltfan123
12-24-2012, 07:52 PM

i get mixed vibe from the fans first im bashed and told im delusnal for thinking colts could win sunday now fans are doubting...yes im a colt fan but ive followered texans for awhile and i really do think texans will win sunday.. have a little faith in your team. :texflag:

coltfan123
12-24-2012, 07:55 PM
I'd like to see Kubiak be a MAN and bench Matt Schaub next Sunday.

Start Yates. Make Matt Schaub have to sit there and watch, and IF Yates stinks it up...put Schaub in there and see if that lights a fire under Schaub's ass.

Because right now, Matt is acting like the 3rd stringer on this team. He is locking in on ONE guy immediately, completely not even seeing wide open guys across the field. HIs reads and his progressions are seriously off. He's in a slump, as is Foster, and if Kubiak can bench the untouchable Foster....then he needs to think about benching Schaub too.

Might as well try SOMETHING because the status quo is getting worse as the games go on.

This team has me so pissed off. And the people who are poo-poo'ing and acting like people are abandoning the team for just stating the obvious are pissing me off too. What. In. The. Hell has this team done well from start to finish in ANY of the past 3 games? And let me state this: EVERY team has beaten up the Titans, so the middle game there with the Titans doesn't count for much in my eyes.

i beleive kubiak doesnt really care about first seed..the team gets jackets and gets pawned by the pats..then the online plays around on seg ways and the oline gets beat up vs vikings..seems to me they are playing around and not training hard...

silentassassin
12-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Maddenizing of our society.

Nailed it.

GP
12-24-2012, 09:55 PM
So BullBlitz has another account as ColtFan.

That's it, right?

bckey
12-24-2012, 09:55 PM

I think the thing that worries me the most about this team going into the playoffs is Schaub. Next would be the caliber of qb's the Texans will face. I wish this years Texans could play with the attitude of last years Texans. Next man up and never give up. I think the loss of Cushing has been the biggest reason why the defense has looked lost and uninspired at times.

CloakNNNdagger
12-24-2012, 10:28 PM
I remember when we first installed the ZBS, Alex Gibbs during an interview explained one of the important secrets of the system.

A line built up with athletic, run blocking specialists is going to tend to have more weaknesses in pass blocking. In straight passing situations the defensive line is already at an advantage, but when you're one dimensional, you are constantly putting your line at a disadvantage. Therefore, diverse and unpredictable play calling is an absolute necessity for the ZBS to be successful. And there is where we are seeing more and more problems translate into poor offensive play. The play calling has become ridiculously unimaginative and predictable.

mexican_texan
12-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Blast me if you will, this team is DEFIANTLY not a #1 seed for the playoffs.

I believe this is the word you're looking for:

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

Perki-Perk
12-24-2012, 10:52 PM
I believe this is the word you're looking for:

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

I don't know, they do look kind of defiant out there....:kitten:

Corrosion
12-24-2012, 11:47 PM
This team can bounce back and learn from this. If they don't it's because of coaching.

I dont think its the coaching or playcalling. Its more the faults of the team being exposed.

Playcalling had nothing to do with any loss this year , the Packers kicked their asses , so did the Pats .... and the Vikes flat out dominated the Texans OL with their front four. Cant blame that on playcalling , yu blame it on the guys up front getting their asses kicked.

The fact that Schaub has limited mobility to extend plays and plays so conservatively ..... doesnt help the playcaller at all.

Get pressure on Schaub and this offense falls flat. Keep him clean and he can hit open recievers. Often they need a gimmick to keep Schaub clean (Play Action).

Seems to me that the playcaller is getting the most out of a limited roster if you ask me.

CloakNNNdagger
12-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I dont think its the coaching or playcalling. Its more the faults of the team being exposed.

Playcalling had nothing to do with any loss this year , the Packers kicked their asses , so did the Pats .... and the Vikes flat out dominated the Texans OL with their front four. Cant blame that on playcalling , yu blame it on the guys up front getting their asses kicked.

The fact that Schaub has limited mobility to extend plays and plays so conservatively ..... doesnt help the playcaller at all.

Get pressure on Schaub and this offense falls flat. Keep him clean and he can hit open recievers. Often they need a gimmick to keep Schaub clean (Play Action).

Seems to me that the playcaller is getting the most out of a limited roster if you ask me.

Schaub has not even been as mobile (which wasn't great to begin with) as pre-injury, which doesn't surprise me a bit. I can see where you argument would still be very consistent with my Alex Gibbs play-calling comments.......the play-calling has been directly limited/crippled by Schaub's limited/crippled "state."

Corrosion
12-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Schaub has not even been as mobile (which wasn't great to begin with) as pre-injury, which doesn't surprise me a bit. I can see where you argument would still be very consistent with my Alex Gibbs play-calling comments.......the play-calling has been directly limited/crippled by Schaub's limited/crippled "state."

Yeah , but lets blame the coaching / playcalling ..... :wadepalm:

thunderkyss
12-25-2012, 12:27 AM

That's just the way it goes. It's just a game. No reason to get bent out of shape about.

Get a life. Makes this 12-3 paper tiger crap a small bump in the road.

thunderkyss
12-25-2012, 12:27 PM
and we have turtle for head coach!

http://curiousanimals.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/very-20old-20one-small1.jpg

Slow & steady wins the race my friend.

Slow & steady.

thunderkyss
12-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Its all about failed expectations Thorn.

We (Texan fans) thought we had Liz Taylor at her peak and then the Vikings undressed us and we discovered we had Nancy Pelosi instead.

:coffee:

But you still haven't taken her to bed...... turn the lights off & it's all good.

Doesn't matter to me how we get to the Super Bowl. Back door...... (bad image here with the above quote)... whatever. It's extremely important that they get a win next week, by any means necessary.

We'll have bought us some time (time they desperately need) & will be set for the easiest path to the Super Bowl (with Denver & New England battling it out).

Offensively we looked pathetic last week & anemic for 4 weeks. But that same team beat the Colts just two weeks ago & it wasn't as close as the score looked. We owned that game, in control from beginning to end. It doesn't matter where we play them, that's not Peyton's Colts.

This Colts team is no better than the Titans team we beat on the road, as part of that 4 weeks of poor offense.

thunderkyss
12-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Hate to say it but this team is trending downward. :dontknowa

The defense has actually been getting better since Tennessee

thunderkyss
12-25-2012, 01:07 PM

I agree in so much that we could have won with the same play-calling if the OL would have kicked some butt. However, I also believe after watching them get their butts kicked for one qtr should have been enough to tell the play-caller to try something different. Schaub looked like he needed help & Kubiak knows how to help him. Go 4 & five wide, split your TEs, go with quick, short, high percentage passes & the sugar huddle. Get Matt into the game, stop him from thinking to much.

steelbtexan
12-25-2012, 02:22 PM

True all good teams have bad days, but most SB contenders are playing their best at the end of the season. The Giants are the exception to the rule.

I dont know how to make a poll, but I would like to see the results of the people who think Rick/Gary can bring the Lombardi home this yr? 5yrs? 10 yrs? Never?

Not that it matters because it appears Gary is BoB's illegitimate child.

Rey
12-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Is that all people care about is the record and not how we are actually playing?

LOL...ok, I guess...

steelbtexan
12-25-2012, 02:35 PM
i get mixed vibe from the fans first im bashed and told im delusnal for thinking colts could win sunday now fans are doubting...yes im a colt fan but ive followered texans for awhile and i really do think texans will win sunday.. have a little faith in your team. :texflag:

The Texans will win on Sunday.

Most people on this MB have very little faith in Kubiak.

He's the offensive genius that has lead the Texans to 2 TD's in the last 12 qtrs and 0 TD's in the last 7 qtrs.

HJam72
12-25-2012, 02:37 PM
The Colts most definitely could win Sunday, but I expect the Texans to get this monkey off their back and bring it. Texans win. If they don't, well, I don't know what to say about this paper tiger.

Mr teX
12-25-2012, 02:37 PM
The Texans will win on Sunday.

Most people on this MB have very little faith in Kubiak.

He's the offensive genius that has lead the Texans to 2 TD's in the last 12 qtrs and 0 TD's in the last 7 qtrs.

He's also that offensive genius that had us top 5 in points per game for most of the season too..

Texecutioner
12-25-2012, 02:47 PM

At what point will you ever find fault in Kubiak's leadership? Limited resources?? We were expected to be a top team and we have been. There is nothing limited about these resources at all. We've been a top team throughout most of the season and here are again playing without a fire and our O line is not helping out our statue QB. The entire team played bad last week and uninspired and that is on coaching and it always will be the coach's fault when that happens. If you can't get your players ready to go, then you have no point of even being out there. Let the QB call plays and let a defensive play caller call the plays.

You're seeing a team fade because of the coaching. I said that after the NE game. I expected the Texans to bounce back, but they haven't. Their entire offense has been falling apart. And when your entire offense is predicated off of a successful running game and you're not capable of adjusting when it isn't working, then you've got a poor offensive play caller and a guy who can't get his offense ready for any type of team. I gave Gary the benefit of the doubt to steer this team back on track after that beat down from NE because we had so many wins this season, but it's looking much worse now. He still has time and all, but I won't bet on it. Hopefully Kubiak can have these guys ready, but I'll never put faith in his abilities to do that consistently.

Thorn
12-25-2012, 03:02 PM
The Colts most definitely could win Sunday, but I expect the Texans to get this monkey off their back and bring it. Texans win. If they don't, well, I don't know what to say about this paper tiger.

If the Texans can't manage a win in Indy, then the doomsayers are probably right.

IlliniJen
12-25-2012, 03:13 PM
If the Texans can't manage a win in Indy, then the doomsayers are probably right.

With or without their starters playing?

Thorn
12-25-2012, 03:17 PM
With or without their starters playing?

I don't think it matters. If the Texans can't win this Sunday, they are what the doomsayers say they are. If the Texans are a championship team, they'll win when they have to.

CloakNNNdagger
12-25-2012, 04:21 PM

If we win by 3 or even 7, we won't know much more than we do now.

thunderkyss
12-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Is that all people care about is the record and not how we are actually playing?

LOL...ok, I guess...

Well the record says that even tough they aren't playing inspired football they have found a way to win more times than not. We haven't seen anything to make us believe they will find a way to beat a play off team now... but just like we are having issues, they are also having issues & will have issues. The Patriots last two games show as much.

Hope & prayer may be all we're left with at this point, but it's more than a lot of teams right now.

thunderkyss
12-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Also. We've seen teams steam into the play offs led by Manning, Brady, & Belichick lay eggs, one & done..

steelbtexan
12-25-2012, 10:25 PM
He's also that offensive genius that had us top 5 in points per game for most of the season too..

Yep,

The Ginger is really kicking those FG's

The point is, the offense is regressing to the point of being inept. The blame should be shared equally between Gary/Schaub/OL. Except these are Garys hand picked players that fit his offense.

Unfortunately the foot injury has limited what little mobility Schaub had. C-N-D warned us that this could happen.

ObsiWan
12-25-2012, 11:07 PM

Okay, that makes no sense.
You "back in" if you lose but someone else loses and you get in anyway. If we win next week, that means we took it. Maybe we didn't take it last week, so what, we still took it.
You're the one who needs to assess appropriateness of his dictionary.
:wadepalm:

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Unfortunately the foot injury has limited what little mobility Schaub had. C-N-D warned us that this could happen.

I thought the same thing, but made it a point to look for any signs. I've watched & rewatched, then watched again... in person, on the DVR, I'm not seeing the effect of his injury. He looks as good as he ever has.

Corrosion
12-26-2012, 01:18 AM
I agree in so much that we could have won with the same play-calling if the OL would have kicked some butt. However, I also believe after watching them get their butts kicked for one qtr should have been enough to tell the play-caller to try something different. Schaub looked like he needed help & Kubiak knows how to help him. Go 4 & five wide, split your TEs, go with quick, short, high percentage passes & the sugar huddle. Get Matt into the game, stop him from thinking to much.

They didnt go 5 wide but they did split the TE's out quite a few times ....and most of the routes were short quick developing plays , even on 3rd down - recievers made catches short of the marker several times under that scenario.

If I was going to complain about any playcalling thats where I start , routes that dont take the reciever beyond the marker. Then again , that could be on the reciever , breaking a route short ....

The biggest issue in that game was the Vikings ability to generate pressure with only four defenders leaving seven on the back end. That is the recipe for good defense in todays NFL.
They were also able to stop the run with little to no help from the secondary.

I thought the same thing, but made it a point to look for any signs. I've watched & rewatched, then watched again... in person, on the DVR, I'm not seeing the effect of his injury. He looks as good as he ever has.

I think its more mental than anything .... A defender gets near his legs and he goes down or gets rid of the ball asap.

Bulls on Parade
12-26-2012, 01:31 AM
If only we had Brian Cushing we'd be a legit Super Bowl winning team. Our defense hasn't really been the same, at least consistently, since his season-ending injury. That was the rock of our defense. Even though Watt is our best defensive player, I feel Cushing is irreplaceable for what he brings to the table.

Corrosion
12-26-2012, 01:34 AM
If only we had Brian Cushing we'd be a legit Super Bowl winning team. Our defense hasn't really been the same, at least consistently, since his season-ending injury. That was the rock of our defense. Even though Watt is our best defensive player, I feel Cushing is irreplaceable for what he brings to the table.

Big loss thats for sure. But Cushing doesnt fix whats wrong with the offense , thats on the OL and QB IMO.

One conversion in eleven attempts on third down Vs the Vikes.

6 FG attempts and one offensive TD against the Dolts.

They have to extend and finish drives with TD's.

Norg
12-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Whats with all this doom and gloom ????? ive been here for a min and ive never seen it this bad after a loss yall people need to MAN UP Get over it LOL

Heck be like the players whats there saying get over it MOnday by the end of monday i think its time to move on

Must be all these 2 year bandwagon fans :evil:

do yall even know what it was like 02-05 years LOL

Scooter
12-26-2012, 01:53 AM
regardless of the game sunday, we're going to be the 1-3 seed in the afc this season with no less than 12 wins. are we really so fickle that we cant handle 3 losses? dont answer that. considering what city we're in, and how little we've had to cheer for, i expected a bit more enthusiasm from our fan base.

kubiak has assembled a roster that will enter the playoffs tied with the 49'ers for the title "most complete team in football". we have an amazing staff, an mvp candidate, and top 5 players at multiple positions (wr, rb, c, lt, de, cb). i dont think the sky is falling.

i MIGHT understand it if we somehow get bounced in the wildcard round, but until we see what happens, this is just a whole lot of whining.

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 03:30 AM
Big loss thats for sure. But Cushing doesnt fix whats wrong with the offense , thats on the OL and QB IMO.

One conversion in eleven attempts on third down Vs the Vikes.

6 FG attempts and one offensive TD against the Dolts.

They have to extend and finish drives with TD's.

Couldn't get anything going against the Patriots

We could only score a field goal against the Titans.

Corrosion
12-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Couldn't get anything going against the Patriots

We could only score a field goal against the Titans.

Ever since halftime of the Titans game , this offense has been .... out of whack.

Not so sure exactly what the problem is but the play of the OL and QB dont pass the eyeball test.

Textan
12-26-2012, 03:45 AM
It's not just last Sunday's loss. It's a pattern that's emerged for the last, heck I guess since the Bears game. Defense looked stellar that game admittedly.
Guess I should feel confident hearing all the broadcasters say the Texans are in some serious trouble right now, because every time they jumped on the Texans train, that train derailed.
These last games are when a teams supposed to build up steam and confidence going into the play offs.
Texans have sputtered. I'd love for them to catch fire and go all the way, but I just don't see it.
Gloom.

Scooter
12-26-2012, 05:47 AM
the patriots lost to the horrid arizona cardinals, and have 4 losses already - nearly adding a 5th to the jags.

denver has beaten the bengals and ravens ... and that's the extent of their wins against teams with winning records. they have quite literally beaten up scrubs all season, while losing to the only major teams on the schedule (atlanta, houston, new england). they barely managed to beat the chargers and chiefs.

noone is flawless.

i dont see either of their fan bases calling for their coach or quarterback's head, despite trailing us in the standings. we're 6th in points scored, and 8th in points allowed. a win sunday puts us with homefield throughout, while the "favorites" have to hope the texans lose in order to advance their position.

Thorn
12-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Whats with all this doom and gloom ????? ive been here for a min and ive never seen it this bad after a loss yall people need to MAN UP Get over it LOL

Heck be like the players whats there saying get over it MOnday by the end of monday i think its time to move on

You mean the days when the defense was horrible and Schaub had two 4000 yard passing seasons in a row? Yep, I remember those days quite well. It's turned completly around now, we have a good defense but the offense can't get it up.

Grams
12-26-2012, 09:22 AM
At what point will you ever find fault in Kubiak's leadership? Limited resources?? We were expected to be a top team and we have been. There is nothing limited about these resources at all. We've been a top team throughout most of the season and here are again playing without a fire and our O line is not helping out our statue QB. The entire team played bad last week and uninspired and that is on coaching and it always will be the coach's fault when that happens. If you can't get your players ready to go, then you have no point of even being out there. Let the QB call plays and let a defensive play caller call the plays.

You're seeing a team fade because of the coaching. I said that after the NE game. I expected the Texans to bounce back, but they haven't. Their entire offense has been falling apart. And when your entire offense is predicated off of a successful running game and you're not capable of adjusting when it isn't working, then you've got a poor offensive play caller and a guy who can't get his offense ready for any type of team. I gave Gary the benefit of the doubt to steer this team back on track after that beat down from NE because we had so many wins this season, but it's looking much worse now. He still has time and all, but I won't bet on it. Hopefully Kubiak can have these guys ready, but I'll never put faith in his abilities to do that consistently.

My thoughts also. This team was not prepared to play last Sunday and necessary adjustments to the offence were not made.

El Tejano
12-26-2012, 09:28 AM

People be trippin'.

Appearantly you weren't an Oiler fan growing up?

El Tejano
12-26-2012, 09:41 AM
I have faith that we can turn it around. I really do. However I will not be blind to this one stat that is really scaring me at this point in the season:

NO TDs in 6 quarters. And it's not like we haven't been by the goal line to get it done either.

To me, that's alarming.

As bad as we've lost twice in the past 3 weeks, I really can't blame the defense even though WR are really open alot these days too. In New England, they did force them to punt 5 times in a row. Last week we got the ball on a turnover at the opponents 40 but we couldn't get a TD out of that and also I believe our defense got screwed of an opportunity to score on the hit by KJax, helmet to helmet or not. SO I can't really blame the d still.

The offense is sputtering and everyone's to blame.

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 10:39 AM
My thoughts also. This team was not prepared to play last Sunday and necessary adjustments to the offence were not made.

I think they just got their butts kicked.

We know they haven't been playing well for a few weeks now. This kind of thing happens.

Time to move on.

CloakNNNdagger
12-26-2012, 12:49 PM

Then you better watch again. I've studied his game film before and after injury. As we all know, Schaub has never been considered a mobile quarterback. But, pre-injury, just like Peyton, he did show ability to simply quickly sidestep a few feet or lurch forward into the pocket to avoid rushes. He has lost his ability to change direction acutely. His behind-the-lines moves now consist only of planned gentle arc play action play moves. He used to occasionally attempt to run the ball when there were overt huge holes created when the D seemed to be all piled up back in "secondary land." As is the case in most Lisfranc fracture injured players, one of their main complaints is long-term, sometime permanent chronic pain, even after so-called complete satisfactory healing. This is especially augmented multi-fold when placing the foot under resistive stresses, most notably "pushing off" whether in a sudden or forceful movement in a forward, lateral or backward (drop-back) direction. And how many times have you seen him go up off the ground during the delivery of a pass this season?....which would require him to come down forcefully on that back foot? In the past years, you could have expected Schaub to throw at least 5 or 6 "jump" passes a game. And how many quarterback draws have you seen him take? That back foot injury is likely playing a role in many of his play deficiencies and limited play decisions. It would not be atypical for a player like him to be still wearing a stiff stabilizing and protective sole orthotic, which would further limit his movements. With an injury like this, it would not be unusual for it to bother him with increased use and stresses applied in the course of a game, making his limitations more significant as the game progresses further.....and as the season progresses longer. All of these potential limitations do not even address the negative "psychological" impact on him knowing or even thinking that he can no longer overcome many of them.

NitroGSXR
12-26-2012, 01:08 PM
You mean the days when the defense was horrible and Schaub had two 4000 yard passing seasons in a row? Yep, I remember those days quite well. It's turned completly around now, we have a good defense but the offense can't get it up.

I didn't know Schaub had all those yards while he was playing for Atlanta.

:bubbles:

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Then you better watch again. I've studied his game film before and after injury. As we all know, Schaub has never been considered a mobile quarterback. But, pre-injury, just like Peyton, he did show ability to simply quickly sidestep a few feet or lurch forward into the pocket to avoid rushes. He has lost his ability to change direction acutely. His behind-the-lines moves now consist only of planned gentle arc play action play moves.

He might be hurting, but most notably the Denver game, I thought he navigated the pocket masterfully. I'm going through all the games this year, hope to be through by Sunday. But physically he looks as good as Matt Schaub ever has.

CloakNNNdagger
12-26-2012, 01:43 PM
He might be hurting, but most notably the Denver game, I thought he navigated the pocket masterfully. I'm going through all the games this year, hope to be through by Sunday. But physically he looks as good as Matt Schaub ever has.

If you feel that the "old" Schaub looks no different than the "new repaired" Schaub, we will then just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

steelbtexan
12-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Then you better watch again. I've studied his game film before and after injury. As we all know, Schaub has never been considered a mobile quarterback. But, pre-injury, just like Peyton, he did show ability to simply quickly sidestep a few feet or lurch forward into the pocket to avoid rushes. He has lost his ability to change direction acutely. His behind-the-lines moves now consist only of planned gentle arc play action play moves. He used to occasionally attempt to run the ball when there were overt huge holes created when the D seemed to be all piled up back in "secondary land." As is the case in most Lisfranc fracture injured players, one of their main complaints is long-term, sometime permanent chronic pain, even after so-called complete satisfactory healing. This is especially augmented multi-fold when placing the foot under resistive stresses, most notably "pushing off" whether in a sudden or forceful movement in a forward, lateral or backward (drop-back) direction. And how many times have you seen him go up off the ground during the delivery of a pass this season?....which would require him to come down forcefully on that back foot? In the past years, you could have expected Schaub to throw at least 5 or 6 "jump" passes a game. And how many quarterback draws have you seen him take? That back foot injury is likely playing a role in many of his play deficiencies and limited play decisions. It would not be atypical for a player like him to be still wearing a stiff stabilizing and protective sole orthotic, which would further limit his movements. With an injury like this, it would not be unusual for it to bother him with increased use and stresses applied in the course of a game, making his limitations more significant as the game progresses further.....and as the season progresses longer. All of these potential limitations do not even address the negative "psychological" impact on him knowing or even thinking that he can no longer overcome many of them.

Thanks for confirming what I thought I saw. Schaub is even less mobile than he used to be, if that's possible. The injury has caused Gary to limit the playbook. In addition to the OL not performing as well as last yr in the run game. This isn't Schaubs fault, but it's not going to get better unless Schaub gets rid of the orthodic. If he cant play without the orthodic then it's time to start looking QB. Doc in your opinion of Schaub what could happen if he played without the orthotic?

If the Texans have to get a new QB, what do you guys think about trading for Matt Flynn? Or drafting a guys like Bray/Jones or Barkley late in the 1st rd.

Rey
12-26-2012, 02:24 PM
If you feel that the "old" Schaub looks no different than the "new repaired" Schaub, we will then just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

This.

I still remember the QB draw he did a few years ago to win the Dlolphins game. I can't imagine him doing that now...

steelbtexan
12-26-2012, 02:26 PM

Not saying you're wrong, but to get a true opinion of Schaub you need to look at tape from the 2009-2010 seasons. Last yr Schaub was playing with a shoulder injury before the foot injury. I will give you this Matt Schaub is one tough guy. Winning is everything to him and it makes me sad that injuries will probably keep him from accomplishing his goal of a Lombardi trophy.

Thorn
12-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Agreed, Schaub is not the same. As to the reason behind it, I don't know. Surgery, O-line underperforming, play calling, aliens, don't know. But it's plainly obvious he isn't the same.

Rey
12-26-2012, 02:29 PM

Denver was Schaub's best game this season IMO. That was the game where I thought, ok...we have something...

He looked like the kind of QB that could make plays on the way to a SB that day.

El Tejano
12-26-2012, 02:52 PM
I guess noone wants to look at the fact that we haven't had any TDs for 6 quarters?

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Denver was Schaub's best game this season IMO. That was the game where I thought, ok...we have something...

He looked like the kind of QB that could make plays on the way to a SB that day.

A buddy of mine at work had Schaub on his bench that week. He said we was scared to start Schaub because you never know. He might put up a bunch of yards, but never put up TDs.

I told him this was the new norm... get used to it.

He came back & cussed me the following week.

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 03:45 PM
I guess noone wants to look at the fact that we haven't had any TDs for 6 quarters?

Nope..... you're the only one.

Hervoyel
12-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Slow & steady wins the race my friend.

Slow & steady.

So Matt is "Slow" and Gary is "Steady" right?

qqert
12-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Denver was Schaub's best game this season IMO. .

kubiak really needs to get back to the plays that worked for him.
in the 4th n 1 vs the vikings, that wide out pass to foster wouldve worked better than punching it in vs a loaded box.

also look at the OD touchdown, that was a 2-te set.

the only plays hes been calling mostly in his recent losses are the deep bomb, crossing routes and run up the middle.

gotta have more, if those plays dont work, setup another one from that playbook.

thanks for pointing out the DEN game.

steelbtexan
12-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Ever since halftime of the Titans game , this offense has been .... out of whack.

Not so sure exactly what the problem is but the play of the OL and QB dont pass the eyeball test.

Agreed,

I also think the QB/OL play has severely impacted Garys Dennys menu. LOL

thunderkyss
12-26-2012, 04:25 PM
So Matt is "Slow" and Gary is "Steady" right?

& we're going to win this beatch

http://www.dreamstime.com/tortoise-and-hare-thumb27019184.jpg

Corrosion
12-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Agreed,

I also think the QB/OL play has severely impacted Garys Dennys menu. LOL

Absolutely the limitations of the QB and OL have impacted what Gary is able to call. We never see route combinations that have recievers multiple recievers running deep routes that require some "zip".... Because he knows Schaub cant make that throw.
If they go deep , its with one reciever and Schaub is able to put some air under it .... Never asking for a "lazer type" delivery.

I have to wonder if Schaub has an undisclosed injury that is affecting his play tho because he just hasnt been right for so long.

Texecutioner
12-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Absolutely the limitations of the QB and OL have impacted what Gary is able to call. We never see route combinations that have recievers multiple recievers running deep routes that require some "zip".... Because he knows Schaub cant make that throw.
If they go deep , its with one reciever and Schaub is able to put some air under it .... Never asking for a "lazer type" delivery.

I have to wonder if Schaub has an undisclosed injury that is affecting his play tho because he just hasnt been right for so long.

Schaub's play has not been effected. Hell it was just a few weeks ago that he threw for over 500 yards and like 5 TD's without a solid running game that day. The running game has turned into mud since Gary Kubiak ran Arian Foster into a grave all season, and the O line is playing poorly right now. Schaub will always look bad when the O line gets man handled. It's always been that way with him. Same with any non mobile QB like Schaub. When pass protection breaks down, you can't expect Schaub to be able to run around and extend all these plays, because he isn't fast enough. People need to be questioning the running game right now just as much as they need to be questioning what Schaub can do. Somehow the problem with the running game is being over looked. If Schaub gets protection and a little help from the running game again, then he'll be fine. It also might help if one of these WR's other then Andre could actually go out and get open and make a play.

infantrycak
12-26-2012, 09:55 PM
People need to be questioning the running game right now just as much as they need to be questioning what Schaub can do.

I think this is correct. I does not appear to me we are running near as much of the extreme zone stretch play. That is what our guys are best at - coming off the line almost traveling parallel to it and then the RB just finds a gap. They look like they are trying to pull off some sort of bizarre combination of zone and power.

CloakNNNdagger
12-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Schaub's play has not been effected. Hell it was just a few weeks ago that he threw for over 500 yards and like 5 TD's without a solid running game that day.

Against a team that ranks defensively 24th in passing yds given up. And, IIRC, his 5 TDs were complemented with 2 or 3 INTs.

infantrycak
12-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Against a team that ranks defensively 24th in passing yds given up. And, IIRC, his 5 TDs were complemented with 2 or 3 INTs.

It was 2 INT's and was also complimented with a 78% completion percentage and a 121.7 QB rathing.

Texecutioner
12-26-2012, 10:47 PM

When does Arian Foster's stats in a big game ever get totally thrown out because it's against a poor running defense??

When does Andre Johnson's stats against weak corners get shunned because he goes against a team with poor CB's and weak pass rush?

Sorry, but that is a straw man argument when people blow off a great performance by a QB just because of the defense. Sure, you can doubt that a player is capable of doing the same against great defenses consistently, but an achievement in any week of the NFL is a big deal. It's not like Schaub had just a good game. He had a monster game and one for the record books. I have never heard anyone trash Foster's big games when he does it against a poor defense.

Seems like people are so hell bent on trying to hate Schaub all of a sudden that they refuse to even acknowledge anything positive that he's done. There is always some sort of technicality to it as if it didn't happen. Sorry, but facts are facts.

Corrosion
12-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Meh , Im with C&D on this - Its obvious to me that Schaub isnt right. He isnt doing those little things we have been accustomed to him doing in the past that allow him to buy that extra half second that is the difference between a sack or incompletion or staying on schedule.

If defenders get near his feet .... he's going down almost on his own.

Pocket collapses , he's not stepping up or side stepping either.

Others have complained that Schaub has "giving up" on plays too early ....

Ive been watching it for the last month and its become obvious to me that the foot doesnt allow him to do those little things - combine that with the below average OL play we have witnessed in that stretch and this offense is below average.
No TD's in six quarters. 1 TD against that weak Dolts defense , 3 points in the second half against the Titans. This definately isnt the same offense that has been near the top of the league in scoring during the weeks prior to this poor stretch. Honestly , I think that you can look as far back as the Chicago game ... This offense just hasnt been right , even with the offensive explosion against the Lions.

Foster has hovered around 3.7 ypc all season .... thats a far cry from the 4.3+ we expect from "the best back in the league" not named AP. I blame Fosters sub par numbers on Wade Smith , Ben Jones and Derek Newton.

Smith has been horrid the past month.

Newton has been a pleasant surprise as a pass blocker but his run blocking is sub par.

Jones has made a lot of mistakes.

We've seen defenders making penetration onto the backfield forcing Foster to make his cuts far earlier than normal and defenders have been able to set the edge , stringing plays out to the sidelines as well.

Texecutioner
12-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Foster has hovered around 3.7 ypc all season .... thats a far cry from the 4.3+ we expect from "the best back in the league" not named AP. I blame Fosters sub par numbers on Wade Smith , Ben Jones and Derek Newton.

Smith has been horrid the past month.

Newton has been a pleasant surprise as a pass blocker but his run blocking is sub par.

Well alright then, there is a huge problem with the Oline then. IF there are problems with the QB especially from pass protection and problems with the running game, and you're blaming the O lineman you mentioned, then there seems to be a big stain across the O line and I don't see you questioning them. It has amazed me at how everyone acts like this kind of stuff is something new from Matt Schaub. He has pulled this crap in other seasons plenty of times. When the Oline isn't protecting him, he'll look really bad, because he's nothing but an old school pocket passer. By your own admission there are problems with the blocking, so by default Schaub will suffer from that as well due to his skill set. The Texans are not a team that is going to win anything if you're going to expect Schaub to do it. But at some point people need to stop looking at Schaub as the only issue and wake up to the fact that there are issues all over this offense and that goes back to Gary Kubiak as this is his offense that has fell apart lately.

wildroot
12-26-2012, 11:42 PM
It's not that we have 3 losses, it's that we just totally rolled over and looked absolutely out-classed in those 3 losses. You take out those 3 teams we lost to and we played a pretty weak schedule.

Then you go back and look at some of the wins....we were lucky to have Denver early and get a win before Manning got in sync, a win in Chicago without Cutler, it took O/T and a "gift TD" to win against a 4 win team in Detroit, again O/T to beat a Jag team in total disaray and without MJD, and we even made the Jets look good... Other than the Raven win, it seems as if we were just damn lucky all season long. That's part of Football though.

But there won't be Miami or Tenn or Buffalo or the NYJs in the playoffs. We're going to see teams like N.E, GB and Minnesota....that's the level of teams that were on our schedule that we're going to face in the playoffs, and against that level of play we weren't able to compete. I mean really, those teams rubbed our noses in it, gave us no reason to think we ever had a chance.

I can only hope that this whole season was some grande master plan/charade of Kubiak's and these 3 losses were part of the plan of what he wanted the league to see from us, until he unleashes our fury in the playoffs. We can only hope.

But again, no one upset that we lost 3 games.

Corrosion
12-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Well alright then, there is a huge problem with the Oline then. IF there are problems with the QB especially from pass protection and problems with the running game, and you're blaming the O lineman you mentioned, then there seems to be a big stain across the O line and I don't see you questioning them. It has amazed me at how everyone acts like this kind of stuff is something new from Matt Schaub. He has pulled this crap in other seasons plenty of times. When the Oline isn't protecting him, he'll look really bad, because he's nothing but an old school pocket passer. By your own admission there are problems with the blocking, so by default Schaub will suffer from that as well due to his skill set. The Texans are not a team that is going to win anything if you're going to expect Schaub to do it. But at some point people need to stop looking at Schaub as the only issue and wake up to the fact that there are issues all over this offense and that goes back to Gary Kubiak as this is his offense that has fell apart lately.

Yes there are problems with the blocking .... But Im also not seeing Schaub do many of the little things Im accustomed to seeing him do.

We're use to seeing Schaub step up or side step a breakdown in the pocket , he's not doing that as well as in the past.

We havent seen the Texans run a single QB sneak all season and that is a direct result of Schaubs foot issue - He can not push off.

We havent seen Schaub throw that patented jump pass at all this season after him using it extensively in the past.

He's also looks to have lost a little range on the deep ball , probably because of the foot and not being able to really plant it.

All of his movements in the backfield are choreographed , smooth and easy.

Its not just one thing wrong here , its a culmination of things that have lead this offenses poor showing in recent weeks - Most notably on third downs where several parts of the problem come into play. Both Schaubs increased lack of mobility and an inefective offensive line ...

Doc warned us long ago that Schaubs injury would likely lead to his wearing down over the course of a game and the season - Looks like he was right again .... This might explain why Yates has taken snaps against both the Pats and Vikes. In past seasons , Schaub would stay in win or lose.

mridge01
12-27-2012, 12:29 PM

absolutely pathetic...

I think they will prove this come Sunday.

mridge01
12-27-2012, 12:31 PM

That's all well and good, but you can't tell me you're just fine with the Texans being in position to win the #1 seed and blowing it by playing horrible against lesser competition (on paper).

Thorn
12-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Some of you have already made up your minds about the state of the Texans based on your predictions of this coming Sunday. :lol:

ObsiWan
12-27-2012, 05:14 PM

Then I consider that a success since he took total advantage of a team with a weak defense. Isn't that what you should expect from a quality, NFL starter? And since Schaub met expectations (I'd say exceeded, since no one expected 500+ yds against any NFL defense) shouldn't that be counted as a success??

Corrosion
12-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Then I consider that a success since he took total advantage of a team with a weak defense. Isn't that what you should expect from a quality, NFL starter? And since Schaub met expectations (I'd say exceeded, since no one expected 500+ yds against any NFL defense) shouldn't that be counted as a success??

Take a look at their third down conversion rate , starting with the Titans game ....

CloakNNNdagger
12-27-2012, 07:32 PM

Then I guess we ought to consider Ponder's performance against us last Sunday as a success rather than an aberration.

CloakNNNdagger
12-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Take a look at their third down conversion rate , starting with the Titans game ....

Scarier is Schaub's 3rd and 9 conversions this year. I heard Brady and Brees in that situation both came out with somewhere between 100 and 110 QB rating, while Schaub........~35.

Corrosion
12-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Scarier is Schaub's 3rd and 9 conversions this year. I heard Brady and Brees in that situation both came out with somewhere between 100 and 110 QB rating, while Schaub........~35.

Think about what it takes to be successful on 3rd and long ..... Good protection , good QB play along with recievers getting open.

Take a look at the 1-11 third down conversion rate against the Vikings alone .... How many times did Schaub have to get rid of the ball early , throwing to recievers well short of the first down mark ???

The OL didnt protect and Schaub wasnt able to buy time ... recievers didnt have time to reach the marker.

You have a breakdown of two of the three things it takes to be successful .... is there any wonder why they were 1-11 ?!