PDA

View Full Version : I thinks its time...

Bigbots_02
12-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Ive been as patient as anyone but I think I might have seen enough. I think we might need to start looking for a NO JOKE QB. Sure we have other problems like our offensive line looks like swiss cheese but even so, Matt Schaub not perfectly protected these days seem almost useless.

Im not saying Schaub isnt servicable but I want a QB the can go out and get it, not do just enought to not lose it... what are you guys thoughts.

Texanmike02
12-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Every response I came up with would have been considered a personal attack on the intelligence of the OP so I just wanted to let you km now that I read your post. I think you should watch something else.

Mike

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Ive been as patient as anyone but I think I might have seen enough. I think we might need to start looking for a NO JOKE QB. Sure we have other problems like our offensive line looks like swiss cheese but even so, Matt Schaub not perfectly protected these days seem almost useless.

Im not saying Schaub isnt servicable but I want a QB the can go out and get it, not do just enought to not lose it... what are you guys thoughts.

I think you have no legit plan at getting someone better at this point which makes this silly. You don't replace a QB unless you have someone in mind that is legitamitely better that your team can actually get their hands on.

Mr. Texan
12-23-2012, 02:13 PM
matt schuab+ 7th round pick for tom brady :kingkong:

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 02:14 PM
My thoughts? You clearly dont know football

Bigbots_02
12-23-2012, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;2086492]My thoughts? You clearly dont know football[/QUOTWhys everyone acting like a bunch of emotional naceys? All Im saying is that AFTER his contract is up, I think we should search for a QB that has a few more intangibles. Nothing more, nothing less. Call down killer

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;2086492]My thoughts? You clearly dont know football[/QUOTWhys everyone acting like a bunch of emotional naceys? All Im saying is that AFTER his contract is up, I think we should search for a QB that has a few more intangibles. Nothing more, nothing less. Call down killer

Answer my question. Where do we find one better? Give me a realistic answer. If you can't this complaining about a guy that is pretty good is pointless until you can find someone who is better.

Goatcheese
12-23-2012, 02:39 PM
O-line gets punked all day long: Replace the QB

GuerillaBlack
12-23-2012, 02:40 PM
We should search for a QB in the next draft. Eff when his contract is up. Schaub should be benched Alex Smith style. He is a scared QB and any pressure is too much for him. Can't escape tacklers, can't scramble for five yards, etc.

GuerillaBlack
12-23-2012, 02:41 PM

O-Line didn't play all that great, but they played well enough for a win. Did the O-Line get punked when they gave Schaub five seconds to throw from the one yard line, but Schaub goes backwards because he feels pressure that isn't there and gets scared? I don't think so.

Goatcheese
12-23-2012, 02:43 PM
O-Line didn't play all that great, but they played well enough for a win. Did the O-Line get punked when they gave Schaub five seconds to throw from the one yard line, but Schaub goes backwards because he feels pressure that isn't there and gets scared? I don't think so.

Did we watch the same game?

mussop
12-23-2012, 02:44 PM
I think you have no legit plan at getting someone better at this point which makes this silly. You don't replace a QB unless you have someone in mind that is legitamitely better that your team can actually get their hands on.

I did last year. I said trade whatever picks necessary to move up and draft RG111. Let him sit behind Schaub for a year or until he proved he needed to be put on the field. Most people here laughed at me. How smart would we look right now if we had RG111 to bring off the bench?

Mr. Texan
12-23-2012, 02:49 PM
I did last year. I said trade whatever picks necessary to move up and draft RG111. Let him sit behind Schaub for a year or until he proved he needed to be put on the field. Most people here laughed at me. How smart would we look right now if we had RG111 to bring off the bench?

LOL we had nothing that would have been good enough to move that far up to get rg3.

this isn't madden.

mussop
12-23-2012, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=Bigbots_02;2086541]

Answer my question. Where do we find one better? Give me a realistic answer. If you can't this complaining about a guy that is pretty good is pointless until you can find someone who is better.

The problem with your logic is you think to highly of Schaub. You look at his inflated stats and think he is better than he really is. Ii would take Alex Smith over Schaub. They are basically the same except Smith is more mobile which would make a huge difference in this offense.

The Third Man
12-23-2012, 02:51 PM

There is no trade package the Texans could have offered to trump the Redskins. You are patting yourself on the back for thinking of some complete bullsh!t.

mussop
12-23-2012, 02:51 PM
LOL we had nothing that would have been good enough to move that far up to get rg3.

this isn't madden.

Seriously?

Mr. Texan
12-23-2012, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Texecutioner;2086614]

The problem with your logic is you think to highly of Schaub. You look at his inflated stats and think he is better than he really is. Ii would take Alex Smith over Schaub. They are basically the same except Smith is more mobile which would make a huge difference in this offense.

alex smith with a worse head coach, receiving core, o-line, and defense than sf....right

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 02:52 PM
This thread deserves a massive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MB3Szl23xI too.

BullNation4Life
12-23-2012, 02:54 PM
the whole offense sucked, not just Schaub...

This is what happens when you think you can get rid of your entire right side of the offensive line and plug in players with 0 NFL experience...

I place this clearly on Kubiak and Smith...

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 02:54 PM

I would have been fine with that, and still would be fine if we threw away #1 draft picks to get a guy like that. I'm fine doing it if we're going after a prospect like RG3 or Luck. Problem is prospects that look that good don't come in every draft.

ANother thing though is that you forget who our GM is. Rick Smith would never make a ballsy move like that. Our team will have to have another 1-15 type of season for something like that to happen.

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 02:55 PM

Basically...jones had an absolutely awful game today and jared allen gave duane brown the business today...the dude had 2 holding calls called on him today...dont think thats ever happened...yet all people have to comment on is schaub's play today.

What about foster's fumble in viking territory and his awful play in general

What about the o-line getting snuffed on the 1 yd line

What about the dropped passes from daniels

Have some perspective people

mussop
12-23-2012, 02:56 PM
There is no trade package the Texans could have offered to trump the Redskins. You are patting yourself on the back for thinking of some complete bullsh!t.

Redskins gave up the No. 6 overall pick in 2012, their second-round pick in 2012, and their first-round picks in 2013 and 2014.

You dont think we could of trumped that? :wadepalm: Get a clue! :lol:

Texecutioner
[QUOTE=mussop;2086662]

alex smith with a worse head coach, receiving core, o-line, and defense than sf....right

Alex Smith is a complete failure in this league. He had one redeeming season where he played more like a game manager that didn't **** things up for the defense to hold teams to low scores. That is all Alex Smith has ever done.

To state that Alex Smith is better then Schaub shows a complete knee jerk reaction to a bad game and a total lack of observation on NFL QB's to even attempt to suggest that.

AMartin56

This is what happens when you think you can get rid of your entire right side of the offensive line and plug in players with 0 NFL experience...

It didn't help when Butler went down. But I agree that Kubiak seems to be doing less with more than what I'm seeing from other teams around the league.

mussop
12-23-2012, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=mussop;2086662]

Is this a question, a statement or are you drunk?

Mr. Texan
12-23-2012, 03:00 PM
this offense would be sssssssssssssssmokin with dink-n-dunk alex smith's 17 TD career high

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Texan;2086670]

Alex Smith is a complete failure in this league. He had one redeeming season where he played more like a game manager that didn't **** things up for the defense to hold teams to low scores. That is all Alex Smith has ever done.

To state that Alex Smith is better then Schaub shows a complete knee jerk reaction to a bad game and a total lack of observation on NFL QB's to even attempt to suggest that.

I didn't say he was better. I said they are basically the same. They are! You just have to high of an opinion of Schaub because of his over inflated stats. You are in love with stats. So much so that you lack the ability to observe what he is really capable of. Or I should say, isn't capable of.

EllisUnit
12-23-2012, 03:03 PM

Not just QB bro, look at whos calling all these bone headed draws and screens or runs. Look at the boys, Hell they arent giving up like Kubiak. Just sad

TheMatrix31
Frankly, we should have acquired Chad Henne. He's much better than Matt Schaub. Just look at him driving! Matt Schaub has never done that!

utahmark

This is an o-line problem. Couldn't keep everyone though. Who would you of gotten rid of? I was blasted when I mention Foster's money would of been better spent on keeping the o-line intact. Kubiak has to figure out how to move the ball with what we got. They were doing it earlier in the year lets see what he has in store next week and into the playoff's. We could always do what some are suggesting and get rid of Kubiak and Schaub this week and start rebuilding now.:overreact:

Bigbots_02
12-23-2012, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Bigbots_02;2086541]

I would think with the type od play action system we run and the throws we make... Colt McCoy would probably suffice. accurate, hard worker, Not a real strong arm (neither does Schaub) but good enough, VERY MOBILE. Once again, not saying Schaub is ok but we BASICALLY have a Slug version of Colt McCoy. Id take him.

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Texecutioner;2086614]

Lol at this hindsight ass logic. No way you're seriously advocating this & patting yourself on the back without taking to account what rg3 has done up to this point. It'd be patently stupid for us to give up our future and other potentially great young players already on the team to move up and get rg3....... Especially when we just got to the point where we were good....cause if we'd have missed, we would've been screwed for years to come.....

You wanted to give up our f

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:06 PM
this offense would be sssssssssssssssmokin with dink-n-dunk alex smith's 17 TD career high

And how is Schaub not a dink and dunk master? Face it Schaub has glairing weaknesses that hold this team back. Everyone has to play a perfect game on offense for him to be successful. He is incapable of making plays on his own. just like A Smith he is nothing more than a game manager.

Mr. Texan
12-23-2012, 03:08 PM
And how is Schaub not a dink and dunk master? Face it Schaub has glairing weaknesses that hold this team back. Everyone has to play a perfect game on offense for him to be successful. He is incapable of making plays on his own. just like A Smith he is nothing more than a game manager.

when has alex smth ever had 500 yard passing games or 4000 yard seasons or been a pro bowler?

schaub may be a game manager but he's way better than alex smith and it's not even a discussion.

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=mussop;2086662]

Lol at this hindsight ass logic. No way you're seriously advocating this & patting yourself on the back without taking to account what rg3 has done up to this point. It'd be patently stupid for us to give up our future and other potentially great young players already on the team to move up and get rg3....... Especially when we just got to the point where we were good....cause if we'd have missed, we would've been screwed for years to come.....

Do you ever make any sense?

Surreal McCoy
12-23-2012, 03:09 PM

This! Skill position players don't have time to be skillful with huge linemen ruining every play. Game is won in the trenches.

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:12 PM
when has alex smth ever had 500 yard passing games or 4000 yard seasons or been a pro bowler?

schaub may be a game manager but he's way better than alex smith and it's not even a discussion.

Oh here we go with stats again. :mariopalm: Yes Im sorry Matt Schaub is awsome and has the STATS to back it up. No need for further discussion. Freaken Genius! :smiliepalm:

Mr. Texan
12-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh here we go with stats again. :mariopalm: Yes Im sorry Matt Schaub is awsome and has the STATS to back it up. No need for further discussion. Freaken Genius! :smiliepalm:

better than some hypothetical bs with no base to lean on.

hepr derp texans win super bowl wif alex smif herp derp i did it in madden

alex smif put da team on his back doe

Texecutioner

How about if you present a real argument other then bashing stats as if stats isn't a huge indicator in any sports discussion. It has been and always will be, so stop with this consistent bashing of stats as if they mean nothing.

Explain a real plan on how the Texans find this top dog at QB or make the claim that you're willing to watching another 2-14 season so we can enter the #1 draft sweepstakes to find the next best QB coming out of college to build this team around.

Bigbots_02
Not just QB bro, look at whos calling all these bone headed draws and screens or runs. Look at the boys, Hell they arent giving up like Kubiak. Just sad

Absolutely, Im not excusing the Offensive line, they played terrible today and have been mediocre this year. With that said, I think a more mobile QB give defenses something else to think about.

They didnt even blitz Schaub and was able to get to him because of our offensive line, and because Shaub isnt agile and played like he was afraid. Our recievers were covered and double covered all day because the vikings didnt have to blitz.

A mobile QB can try to off set the lack of production from the Offensive line. They would keep a few more inn the box then we have more openings down field.

Hervoyel
12-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Stats aren't everything. David Carr's consecutive completed passes record should have told us that. Schaub's good, he's just not good enough and he gives the offense exactly zero spark. He folds in big games and that's a problem if you want to get into and win big games.

Time to find a QB. I don't see how anyone could not be thinking that the Texans need to look for a guy who can get it done.

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=mussop;2086662]

I never wrote that Mr. Tex. Some jackass took my words or put them into some wrong quotes. I've defended Schaub left and right from these knee jerkers who have no plan at finding someone better.

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Stats aren't everything. David Carr's consecutive completed passes record should have told us that. Schaub's good, he's just not good enough and he gives the offense exactly zero spark. He folds in big games and that's a problem if you want to get into and win big games.

Time to find a QB. I don't see how anyone could not be thinking that the Texans need to look for a guy who can get it done.

Find one how?? I continue to ask you this question and have for several months, but you won't answer it. Are you ready to tank a season for a #1 draft pick? Or do you want the Texans to toy with 2nd round picks at QB where we potentially run through like 5 of them before we find a franchise QB like so many other teams still are doing right now? If you don't have a realistic plan on how to replace a good QB, then stop suggesting it.

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;2086716]

Do you ever make any sense?

Lol, just admit u dont have a clue so the mods can close this idiotic thread...

Bigbots_02
12-23-2012, 03:22 PM
How about if you present a real argument other then bashing stats as if stats isn't a huge indicator in any sports discussion. It has been and always will be, so stop with this consistent bashing of stats as if they mean nothing.

Explain a real plan on how the Texans find this top dog at QB or make the claim that you're willing to watching another 2-14 season so we can enter the #1 draft sweepstakes to find the next best QB coming out of college to build this team around.

Hell, as much as Dallas complains about Romo I would take him. His skill set and intangibles, then you add our scheme. If he puts in the work to learn it. He would be awsome. Colt McCoy, like I stated earlier IS SCHAUB... but a mobile Schaub. That would make him alot better in our system.

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:24 PM

Stats are only a small part of any equation always were, always will be. And I never said we need to find a "TOP DOG" at QB. You see thats the problem right there. You and others think so highly of Schaub (because of stats) that in your opinion the only way to get a better QB than Schaub is to bring in a "TOP DOG". I don't!

Any solid veteran good game manager that has a smidgeon of mobility would be a step up over Schaub. Because all Schaub is is a solid veteran good game manager that has zero mobilty. How about if you present a real argument other then bashing stats as if stats isn't a huge indicator in any sports discussion. It has been and always will be, so stop with this consistent bashing of stats as if they mean nothing.

Stats are only a small part of any equation always were, always will be. And I never said we need to find a "TOP DOG" at QB. You see thats the problem right there. You and others think so highly of Schaub (because of stats) that in your opinion the only way to get a better QB than Schaub is to bring in a "TOP DOG". I don't!

Any solid veteran good game manager that has a smidgeon of mobility would be a step up over Schaub. Because all Schaub is is a solid veteran good game manager that has zero mobilty.

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:27 PM
better than some hypothetical bs with no base to lean on.

hepr derp texans win super bowl wif alex smif herp derp i did it in madden

alex smif put da team on his back doe

That last sentence so represents the intellect of the majority of you're post. Now go back and play madden so you can learn something intelligent to say about football.

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Hell, as much as Dallas complains about Romo I would take him. His skill set and intangibles, then you add our scheme. If he puts in the work to learn it. He would be awsome. Colt McCoy, like I stated earlier IS SCHAUB... but a mobile Schaub. That would make him alot better in our system.

Oh come on, Romo has been right there with Schaub stat wise year after year and wins/loss wise for the most part. ANd people dogged Romo all season long up until about 3 weeks ago and now Romo is who you would want?? Romo has choked a lot in his career, so that makes no sense at how you would want him when Schaub isn't good enough.

Romo and Schaub have always been very close as it is, so I don't see how Romo would be a great replacement. He is just mobile, but his problems at throwing picks at horrible times has always plagued him.

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 03:29 PM
LMFAO @ people mentioning COLT MCCOY as a replacement for Schaub.

Holy ****ing ****.

qqert
//// Matt Schaub not perfectly protected these days seem almost useless..

ALEX SMITH

thats only half the problem, the other one being turtle.

mussop
[QUOTE=mussop;2086736]

Lol, just admit u dont have a clue so the mods can close this idiotic thread...

Lol, say something intelligent so people can have a clue what the hell you are talking about.

Tailgate
12-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Schaub is a rythym QB. The only way he works properly is with a strong offensive line. Thus we have neither.

Mr. Texan
12-23-2012, 03:31 PM
That last sentence so represents the intellect of the majority of you're post. Now go back and play madden so you can learn something intelligent to say about football.

ALEX SMIF IS DA ANSWER

TEXANS WIN SUPER BOWL WIF ALEX SMIF

I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT BUT HE JUST IS

WOOO

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/tumblr_llax2rbRRS1qg87cc.gif

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Dont bother tex...you've got knee jerkers in here actually suggesting that we look at bringing in colt freaking mccoy and alex smith...

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Schaub is a rythym QB. The only way he works properly is with a strong offensive line. Thus we have neither.

This is true. If Schaub doesn't have strong protection, then he will wither. We don't have a strong offensive line?? I'd say that our production from Foster and in the passing game disagrees with that as we have been the 3rd highest scoring team in this league before this game. No way Schaub leads us to that with a bad O line.

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Dont bother tex...you've got knee jerkers in here actually suggesting that we look at bringing in colt freaking mccoy and alex smith...

:spit::spit:

Knee jerkers..............Our fan base is really embarassing at times.

Mr. Texan
12-23-2012, 03:35 PM

might wanna give Terrell Pryor a shot. he's mobile to. oh what this offense could be with a mobile qb like terrell pryor.

Bigbots_02
12-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Oh come on, Romo has been right there with Schaub stat wise year after year and wins/loss wise for the most part. ANd people dogged Romo all season long up until about 3 weeks ago and now Romo is who you would want?? Romo has choked a lot in his career, so that makes no sense at how you would want him when Schaub isn't good enough.

Romo and Schaub have always been very close as it is, so I don't see how Romo would be a great replacement. He is just mobile, but his problems at throwing picks at horrible times has always plagued him.

Im not talking about stats. Iv never really had a problem with Schaubs stats. Im talking about options that someone brings. Im talking about having the Capability another player brings. Some possibilites arent even a option because some players physically arent capable.

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;2086802]

Lol, say something intelligent so people can have a clue what the hell you are talking about.

i think everyone here understands what i wrote just fine....your reading comprehension skills just suck; take that up with your elementary school teachers.

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:40 PM

Romo gets dogged more because he plays for a higher profile team. At least he is capable of making plays when things break down. Once things break down for Schaub his only recourse is to throw the ball away. Sometimes even after he is in the clear and has an opening to extend the play it doesn't matter because the only thing on his mind at that point is getting rid of the ball.

Bigbots_02
12-23-2012, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Texan;2086870]might wanna give Terrell Pryor a shot. he's mobile to. oh what this offense could be with a mobile qb like terrell pryor.[/QUOTE

And I dont think is ALL about physical tools... Pryor probably would not be my option. A Smart QB is important too.

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=mussop;2086844]

i think everyone here understands what i wrote just fine....your reading comprehension skills just suck; take that up with your elementary school teachers.

I just realized that you and Mr Texan are two different people. What are the odds of there being two people with that similar of names in the same thread that are so incapable of having an intelligent conversation.

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 03:46 PM
lol @ the notion of Tony Romo.

Man, you people really ARE unappreciative, huh?

Mr. Texan
12-23-2012, 03:47 PM
And I dont think is ALL about physical tools... Pryor probably would not be my option. A Smart QB is important too.

how many smart qb's with physical tools are available right now tho?

the only qb i would even seriously consider at this point is philip rivers but he's on the decline and has lost big playoff games with more talent than the texans

Hervoyel
12-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Find one how?? I continue to ask you this question and have for several months, but you won't answer it. Are you ready to tank a season for a #1 draft pick? Or do you want the Texans to toy with 2nd round picks at QB where we potentially run through like 5 of them before we find a franchise QB like so many other teams still are doing right now? If you don't have a realistic plan on how to replace a good QB, then stop suggesting it.

How ****ing thick are you man? The draft dude. Start looking in the draft. Do you think I mean they need to replace him before next week in Indy? Hell no. I think they need to start looking for a QB the same way every other team in the NFL looks for a QB. Comb the draft, check out the backups and see if there's one you think is ready to step up. Trade for him if it's possible. You resist the idea of upgrading Schaub like he's keeping you in a townhouse in Montrose and making payments on your car. You know damn well how teams find QB's, you just refuse to entertain the idea.

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 03:48 PM
might wanna give Terrell Pryor a shot. he's mobile to. oh what this offense could be with a mobile qb like terrell pryor.

Or............we could bring in baby jesus from the jets.....he's super mobile! Or maybe we could pluck VY off the couch! Not only is he mobile, but he just wins games and he can kinda throw....a little bit anyway.

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 03:48 PM
How ****ing thick are you man? The draft dude. Start looking in the draft. Do you think I mean they need to replace him before next week in Indy? Hell no. I think they need to start looking for a QB the same way every other team in the NFL looks for a QB. Comb the draft, check out the backups and see if there's one you think is ready to step up. Trade for him if it's possible. You resist the idea of upgrading Schaub like he's keeping you in a townhouse in Montrose and making payments on your car. You know damn well how teams find QB's, you just refuse to entertain the idea.

.....okay, who said that's not happening?

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:49 PM

But god dammit he has good STATS herv. There is no way to replace a guy with good STATS!

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Or............we could bring in baby jesus from the jets.....he's super mobile! Or maybe we could pluck VY off the couch! Not only is he mobile, but he just wins games and he can kinda throw....a little bit anyway.

You two are like watching a couple of 8th graders with A.D.D. go at it. Except they have an excuse for being semi retarded. :cowboy1:

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Talk to the Cardinals and see if they want Schaub.

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;2086879]

I just realized that you and Mr Texan are two different people. What are the odds of there being two people with that similar of names in the same thread that are so incapable of having an intelligent conversation.

I'll have a serious convo with you and anyone else when a serious question/topic is posed. So far, u still have failed to see the fallacy in trading an entire draft for an unproven rookie.

mussop
12-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Talk to the Cardinals and see if they want Schaub.

Wow that adds so much to this discussion. Let's ask a team that doesn't have even a semi decent backup if they would like our starting QB.

Bigbots_02
12-23-2012, 03:56 PM
how many smart qb's with physical tools are available right now tho?

the only qb i would even seriously consider at this point is philip rivers but he's on the decline and has lost big playoff games with more talent than the texans

Wouldnt mind having him either, He has someing on his ball that schaub doesnt and hes a commander in the huddle. I dont know if it would work but I wouldnt mind trying it.

Bigbots_02
12-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Wow that adds so much to this discussion. Let's ask a team that doesn't have even a semi decent backup if they would like our starting QB.

Yea, Im not saying that

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 03:57 PM

Sorry if you're too dense to get the point of my comment.

Hervoyel
12-23-2012, 03:58 PM
.....okay, who said that's not happening?

What indication have you seen that it is? Gary tinkers with UDFA's and late round picks but he's never taken a QB or brought one in that appeared to have any chance at a competition with Schaub to start or realistically had the skills to be considered a viable upgrade.

Yates? No, not in this reality. Leinart? Grossman? Rosenfels? No, Gary has his cart tied to Schaub and he's going to stick with him until Schaub screws up. For all we know maybe that's happening but I've seen no indication that it is. Gary's loyal and Gary will stick with him through the hard times if he can.

This next draft is going to be interesting because as I've said I think we've seen Schaub's ceiling and if we have then you know Gary is aware of it. The only question is does he think he can win it all with the kind of QB play. If Matt takes a huge dump in the playoffs will Kubiak start hunting a new starter? If he does will he cut the cord right away or let that guy sit and learn. The only time we've seen him make a QB change was the Carr/Schaub transition. Then he got Carr out of town ASAP. Was that because of the money or because of the hostility of the crowd? Did he just not want to go through having Carr around while Schaub was getting established? Who knows.

After giving Matt the money (something the Texans seem prone to do for everyone right before they start to suck for some reason) will he even consider making a move?

Bigbots_02
12-23-2012, 03:59 PM

Mobile, sure but VY isnt smart enough and is rattled easy. His time in the league has proven that. Not to mention he doesnt throw accurate enough.

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 04:01 PM

No, you throw out all these ideas with no real plan what so ever?? Who!!!?? What free agent going into this season is a good choice?? What back up should we go after with a trade that has proven himself in enough games that could produce better then a guy who is currently leading a team that is the "3rd highest scoring team" in the league before today's game?? WIth that being the case, the only way to go is UP, and where are you going to get this guy from on other teams??? You make it sound like it is just this easy thing we can do like we're on Madden or something. There is no current player as a back up on any team right now that one can easily say can do better then a guy who is leading a top offense in the league for like the 4th year in a row.

So yeah, THE DRAFT is about the only place you're going to find this next knight and shining armor at QB, and if I was going to do that, I'd rather just have two really bad seasons and get a top 3 draft pick and get my franchise guy if I felt that Schaub is as terrible as you do. I certainly wouldn't want to make all these failed attempts at trying out these other team's back ups and later round picks to be our next guy.

Premier
12-23-2012, 04:04 PM
the problem is the texans are in too deep with matt. even when an elite qb fell into their laps, they didnt even want to kick the tires. they dismissed the thought and extended schaub. schaub is going to be the guy. i have no problem with what people are suggesting in using a high draft pick on a high upside project. just think if green bay had waited until favre was done until they drafted his replacement.. the longer and longer they wait to draft a high round qb, the more it looks like they will be content with handing the team over to tj...

mussop
[QUOTE=mussop;2086893]

I'll have a serious convo with you and anyone else when a serious question/topic is posed. So far, u still have failed to see the fallacy in trading an entire draft for an unproven rookie.

Obviously me and you have a different perception of the draft. I seen RG111 as a can't miss QB and a future elite. I would of taken that chance in a heart beat. However I never said trade an entire draft for him. But I would of. And it would of paid off despite your objections.

TheMatrix31
What indication have you seen that it is? Gary tinkers with UDFA's and late round picks but he's never taken a QB or brought one in that appeared to have any chance at a competition with Schaub to start or realistically had the skills to be considered a viable upgrade.

Yates? No, not in this reality. Leinart? Grossman? Rosenfels? No, Gary has his cart tied to Schaub and he's going to stick with him until Schaub screws up. For all we know maybe that's happening but I've seen no indication that it is. Gary's loyal and Gary will stick with him through the hard times if he can.

This next draft is going to be interesting because as I've said I think we've seen Schaub's ceiling and if we have then you know Gary is aware of it. The only question is does he think he can win it all with the kind of QB play. If Matt takes a huge dump in the playoffs will Kubiak start hunting a new starter? If he does will he cut the cord right away or let that guy sit and learn. The only time we've seen him make a QB change was the Carr/Schaub transition. Then he got Carr out of town ASAP. Was that because of the money or because of the hostility of the crowd? Did he just not want to go through having Carr around while Schaub was getting established? Who knows.

After giving Matt the money (something the Texans seem prone to do for everyone right before they start to suck for some reason) will he even consider making a move?

Schaub is good enough to not have to bring someone in to directly compete. But they did draft Yates and Keenum, and those are two guys they apparently see enough to work with as a backup.

If Schaub gets bad enough, they'll step up their efforts in this regard. This isn't that difficult.

mariowillshine15
12-23-2012, 04:07 PM
With Schaub were 12-3. Until his play drops off dramatically or our record goes in reverse he's not going anywhere. He just signed a new deal they think he's the future.

Premier
12-23-2012, 04:09 PM
You two are like watching a couple of 8th graders with A.D.D. go at it. Except they have an excuse for being semi retarded. :cowboy1:

this is the 2nd time today hes brought up VY, he must have issues stemming from arguments with VY homers..

i think we need to not get mobile qbs confused with scramblers.. a mobile qb can get out of the pocket and keep their eyes down field. these guys give defenses with great pass rushes fits, once they escape the pocket, coverages break down, they can usually extend plays and find guys wide open..

GuerillaBlack
12-23-2012, 04:12 PM
With Schaub were 12-3. Until his play drops off dramatically or our record goes in reverse he's not going anywhere. He just signed a new deal they think he's the future.

LOL, is Schaub a third year player or something? How is he the future? Schaub is just the very present/near-term. No way in hell is that guy the future of this team. The future QB of this team is probably not even on the roster.

mussop
12-23-2012, 04:15 PM
No, you throw out all these ideas with no real plan what so ever?? Who!!!?? What free agent going into this season is a good choice?? What back up should we go after with a trade that has proven himself in enough games that could produce better then a guy who is currently leading a team that is the "3rd highest scoring team" in the league before today's game?? WIth that being the case, the only way to go is UP, and where are you going to get this guy from on other teams??? You make it sound like it is just this easy thing we can do like we're on Madden or something. There is no current player as a back up on any team right now that one can easily say can do better then a guy who is leading a top offense in the league for like the 4th year in a row.

So yeah, THE DRAFT is about the only place you're going to find this next knight and shining armor at QB, and if I was going to do that, I'd rather just have two really bad seasons and get a top 3 draft pick and get my franchise guy if I felt that Schaub is as terrible as you do. I certainly wouldn't want to make all these failed attempts at trying out these other team's back ups and later round picks to be our next guy.

Just think of how much higher ppg we would be scoring with a QB that could extend plays with even a little bit of mobility and one that was good enough to make plays in the red zone and get us TD's instead of field goals.

We have freakin Andre Johnson on the outside yet when is the last time you saw Schaub throw a fade to him. Schaub's stats look good because they are inflated by the use of the play action and mostly crossing routes. He is a product of the offense. He runs it just well enough but his abilities add NOTHING extra to it.

I don't think anyone is saying bench him now. Just that we need to be on the lookout for anyone that could become his replacement. The sooner the better! The more proven player or the higher rated prospect they are the more it will cost us. Thats just the way it is. Schaub will win plenty of games for us but unless everyone is playing perfect we aren't going to beat the really good teams with him at he helm.

Hervoyel
12-23-2012, 04:24 PM
I've thrown out one idea and that is "We should start looking for our next starting QB" and you act like it's madness or something.

One idea.

You hold Schaub in such high regard that I don't think you would be willing to accept the concept of upsetting the apple cart for anything less than a guarantee of Brady/Manning like performance. Guess what? You don't need it.

Schaub is not that good. He's a system baby who can't deal with pressure and who piles up yards in streaks against lesser opponents. His entire career here is evidence of that. What's more important than that is that Gary doesn't want much more than that. Schaub gives this team no spark, no life. He's like a cardboard cutout back there and you act like replacing him is going to be difficult. STATS!, STATS!, STATS! Hell in this system you could get reasonable QB play out of most of the guys starting in the NFL right now if Kubiak had 5 years to work with them.

People laugh at the idea of Colt McCoy but don't think for a second that given enough time and work Kubiak could make him look halfway passable in this system (or could have before Cleveland broke him into little tiny pieces). The point is that for you to sit there and say that there's not a single backup QB in the NFL (like you know that, Bull****) who couldn't possibly come here, learn this system, and perform at or beyond Schaub's ability is ridiculous.

Alex Smith could do this. Yes, he was a starter before he got hurt, fine Colin Kaepernick could step in and do this. He was a backup before he got promoted. Chase Daniel in New Orleans is worth a look, Cousins in Washington is worth a look. Flynn in Seattle is worth a look. Ryan Mallett in New England is worth a look.

Kubiak will make that call when he decides he's gone as far as Schaub can take him but you better get on the phone and tell him before that happens that Texecutioner over at TexansTalk.com has already checked out all the backup QB's in the league and it's an empty pantry. He'll need to know that before he makes a mistake and signs one.

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;2086922]

Obviously me and you have a different perception of the draft. I seen RG111 as a can't miss QB and a future elite. I would of taken that chance in a heart beat. However I never said trade an entire draft for him. But I would of. And it would of paid off despite your objections.

U know how many cant miss prospects have come thru the draft in the last decade? u saying he's the second coming of whomever still doesnt negate the fact that he hasdnt proven didley squat in the nfl at the time of the draft...and there's serious risk in that no matter how strongly you feel about the prospect.

secondly, u already laid out what it cost washington to move up. How much more do u think we would've had to give the rams to accept dropping all the way down to 26 from 2? The deal the rams got as is is pretty much an entire draft so i dont see how we give up any less (likely more) to move up and get him.

3rd, the texans just got to the point where they could feild a competent team last year. Why would they potentially cripple themselves by giving up all kinds of draft picks and players on a hunch that a player "could be" a franchise changing player? No GM would do that unless they already had a franchise qb....which we dont.

I like griffin and think that what he's doing is great, but u cant play ms cleo...at the time of the draft he was just as big of a risk as any other rookie....still is to be honest when u factor in everything.

Pantherstang84
I've thrown out one idea and that is "We should start looking for our next starting QB" and you act like it's madness or something.

One idea.

You hold Schaub in such high regard that I don't think you would be willing to accept the concept of upsetting the apple cart for anything less than a guarantee of Brady/Manning like performance. Guess what? You don't need it.

Schaub is not that good. He's a system baby who can't deal with pressure and who piles up yards in streaks against lesser opponents. His entire career here is evidence of that. What's more important than that is that Gary doesn't want much more than that. Schaub gives this team no spark, no life. He's like a cardboard cutout back there and you act like replacing him is going to be difficult. STATS!, STATS!, STATS! Hell in this system you could get reasonable QB play out of most of the guys starting in the NFL right now if Kubiak had 5 years to work with them.

People laugh at the idea of Colt McCoy but don't think for a second that given enough time and work Kubiak could make him look halfway passable in this system (or could have before Cleveland broke him into little tiny pieces). The point is that for you to sit there and say that there's not a single backup QB in the NFL (like you know that, Bull****) who couldn't possibly come here, learn this system, and perform at or beyond Schaub's ability is ridiculous.

Alex Smith could do this. Yes, he was a starter before he got hurt, fine Colin Kaepernick could step in and do this. He was a backup before he got promoted. Chase Daniel in New Orleans is worth a look, Cousins in Washington is worth a look. Flynn in Seattle is worth a look. Ryan Mallett in New England is worth a look.

Kubiak will make that call when he decides he's gone as far as Schaub can take him but you better get on the phone and tell him before that happens that Texecutioner over at TexansTalk.com has already checked out all the backup QB's in the league and it's an empty pantry. He'll need to know that before he makes a mistake and signs one.

Man I forgot all about Chase Daniel. I remember his HS days @ Southlake Carroll. That kid is a smart football player and has wheels.

Mr. Texan
Just think of how much higher ppg we would be scoring with a QB that could extend plays with even a little bit of mobility and one that was good enough to make plays in the red zone and get us TD's instead of field goals.

which qb would that be?

Premier
12-23-2012, 04:28 PM
in this system you could get reasonable QB play out of most of the guys starting in the NFL right now if Kubiak had 5 years to work with them.

ive been saying this for years. but i get called a troll, i agree with every other point you made but this one stuck out the most. its 100% the truth..

i would make a run at rivers, who looks to be in need of a change of scenery..

Tailgate
12-23-2012, 04:30 PM
This is true. If Schaub doesn't have strong protection, then he will wither. We don't have a strong offensive line?? I'd say that our production from Foster and in the passing game disagrees with that as we have been the 3rd highest scoring team in this league before this game. No way Schaub leads us to that with a bad O line.

We are in 2012 right?

Hervoyel

I'm thinking his play has dropped off dramatically over the second half of the season.

But I still don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon nor should he. Picking the next Texans starting QB is a big decision. They need to take their time, do their due diligence, and get it right.

Texecutioner

One idea.

Now you have finally given some examples of who you think we could go after, unfortunately you name guys like Alex Smith and Colt McCoy which makes it ridiculous to replace Schaub or even think of it with guys like that. I thought you were interested in an upgrade, but your ideas are exactly what I was afraid of which would put us right in the rat race of chasing QB's like the Bills and Dolphins of the NFL. Apparently you have forgotten what it's like to have David Carr starting here. When you have no QB at all, your team pretty much has no chance. We've got a very good chance with Schaub if the rest of the team could be on point like they are supposed to.

But Alex Smith, Flynn, and McCoy?? :kubepalm:

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 04:31 PM
We are in 2012 right?

Have you not paid any attention to the production of this offense this entire season?

TexCanada
12-23-2012, 04:40 PM
The only way we should be replacing Schaub is if its with an elite QB. There is no point in using assets to acquire the likes of Smith, McCoy, Rivers etc.

We should be looking at the next couple of drafts, identifying the guy we think could be our guy, and going out and getting him.

All this talk of Schaub being terrible and easily replaced is just ridiculous.

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 04:43 PM

One idea.

Matt Flynn couldn't even beat out a rookie

Ryan mallett is a statue....just like schaub

Alex Smith had the offense taken out of his hands by harbaugh, which explains y his season last year was decent.....and also y harbaugh decided to bench him in favor of kapernick (open up the playbook)

Chase Daniels...has zero on tape in the NFL regular season to even know if he's a starter...plus he's a midget and throughout his career has only played in spread offenses. I surmise he's not much better than Yates/ Matt Cassel

Colt McCoy......yeah, im still laughing at that one.

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Matt Flynn couldn't even beat out a rookie

Ryan mallett is a statue....just like schaub

Alex Smith had the offense taken out of his hands by harbaugh, which explains y his season last year was decent.....and also y harbaugh decided to bench him in favor of kapernick (open up the playbook)

Chase Daniels...has zero on tape in the NFL regular season to even know if he's a starter...plus he's a midget and throughout his career has only played in spread offenses. I surmise he's not much better than Yates/ Matt Cassel

Colt McCoy......yeah, im still laughing at that one.

That's what I'm saying. Him and others keep screaming to get rid of Schaub but this is the list that you're left with, and the fact that others who hate Schaub want to see him replaced by guys like these doesn't lead me to believe that they are that good at observing these guys in the first place. We might as well turn this offense over to Yates which would be a disaster in itself.

I can't believe that we've reached a place where folks are seriously asking for Alex Smith to be our QB. We have the 3rd highest scoring offense in the league, but they want Alex Smith to improve it. Lol!

dc_txtech
12-23-2012, 04:52 PM
If the Texans decide to start looking for a successor to Schaub they need to do it the way the 49ers did. Grab a guy in the second or third round with a lot of upside and let him sit and learn until he's ready. I don't understand the logic of getting someone like Alex Smith or Colt Mccoy, I would much rather draft a young guy and have Kubiak work with him.

I think we all know between his new contract and entrenchment at the position, Matt Schaub isn't going anywhere for a while.

Mr. Texan
12-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I can't believe that we've reached a place where folks are seriously asking for Alex Smith to be our QB. We have the 3rd highest scoring offense in the league, but they want Alex Smith to improve it. Lol!

you're mistaken, alex smith is the guy to take this offense to the next level.

The 49ers have won 10 games this year despite a glaring problem that Jim Harbaugh hasn’t been able to solve. They are a miserable red zone offense.

After Sunday’s loss in Arizona, the 49ers officially have the worst red zone offense in the league. No team has scored touchdowns a lower percentage of times inside the 20-yard line.

San Francisco lost to an inferior team Sunday because they couldn’t capitalize near the goal line. They got inside the Cardinals’ six-yard line three times in the first half, and came away with three field goals.

They don’t have a red zone touchdown this month. They are 3-for-13 scoring touchdowns in the red zone since the start of November.

The offensive meltdown in Arizona didn’t only occur near the goal line. San Francisco had two first downs in the entire second half. Alex Smith averaged 4.9 yards-per-attempt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/12/the-49ers-have-the-worst-red-zone-offense-in-football/

oops, i forgot, stats lie :kitten:

Rey
12-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Schaub is going to crumble under pressure more often than not.

TexCanada
12-23-2012, 04:57 PM

Wouldn't it be fair to let him play a playoff game before we decide that?

Hervoyel
12-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Now you have finally given some examples of who you think we could go after, unfortunately you name guys like Alex Smith and Colt McCoy which makes it ridiculous to replace Schaub or even think of it with guys like that. I thought you were interested in an upgrade, but your ideas are exactly what I was afraid of which would put us right in the rat race of chasing QB's like the Bills and Dolphins of the NFL. Apparently you have forgotten what it's like to have David Carr starting here. When you have no QB at all, your team pretty much has no chance. We've got a very good chance with Schaub if the rest of the team could be on point like they are supposed to.

But Alex Smith, Flynn, and McCoy?? :kubepalm:

Worth a look. That's all I said. You're starting to embarrass yourself now with this selective reading bull****. Matt is paying for your loft isn't he. Well, hopefully he gets to stick around and buy baby nice things.

Rey
12-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Alex smith would be an upgrade in this offense. He'd make more mistakes than schaub, but hed also make more plays.

Rey
12-23-2012, 04:59 PM

You can do what you want. I'm here stating my opinion like everyone else.

Hervoyel
12-23-2012, 05:00 PM

Sure. Absolutely. I can't wait to see him in a playoff game. No one in the world would be more thrilled to be wrong than I. Matt comes in, leads the Texans on an ungodly post-season tear into the Super Bowl and I'm gonna be all "EATING MY CROW WHILE I CELEBRATE!"

I'm just not real worried that this is going to happen. Name one big ol' important game that Matt's ever played great in where there wasn't some mitigating circumstance like "Ray Lewis is out" or "New England doesn't need this game so they're not trying".

No can do. Matt only dominates crappy defenses and injured/disinterested opponents. He isn't likely to find any of those in the playoffs.

Premier
12-23-2012, 05:01 PM
dont be dense.. these are examples of guys that could run kubiaks offense just as effective as schaub. Do you guys believe that schaub, in alex smiths position would run the 9ers with the same efficiency as he does in the texans qb friendly offense... moving forward, the obvious choice is to draft his successor within the next 2 years, using a high draft pick and jumping at guys who slip in the 1st, early 2nd.. let your young guy learn while schaubs contract finishes out. and after schaub has racked up 3 lombardi trophies and super bowl mvps we will have a guy ready to take over when schaub is 34ish..

hradhak
12-23-2012, 05:08 PM
The entire offense was terrible. Schaub is not going thru progressions, o line isnt making holes, foster is going down on one hit.

Not sure why the sudden crater but we need to turn it around now or e are one and done

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Mr teX
12-23-2012, 05:08 PM

Lol, name a qb outside of manning, brady, rodgers and probably rothlisberger that this isn't true for. Thats 4 of 32...its also no coincidence that these guys are the elite of the elite....

Vinny
12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Lol, name a qb outside of manning, brady, rodgers and probably rothlisberger that this isn't true for. Thats 4 of 32...its also no coincidence that these guys are the elite of the elite....
Schaub = Gifford Neilson (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Bigbots_02
12-23-2012, 05:14 PM

Absolutely, Id have no objection to that at all. Im only saying as I stated at the very 1st post. We need to start NOW and look for our future. We have time on Schaubs contract and its going to take a while to find is replacement... But Iv THINK ive sen schaub as good as hes going to get. But yes, he deserves a playoff round with us no doubt about it.

leebigeztx
12-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Its what I always say about non playmakers like schaub. The team either needs to add playmakers or the qb needs to be one or both. Offensively, they have 2 ,aj and foster. That's not good enough when teams take the run game away. When the defense is playing great, the unit can be called a playmaker. So in essence, schaub needs 2 of the 3 to play at a pro bowl level to successful. Against good teams, that's a lot to ask. If the texans are gonna stay on the schaub train, they need a talent at wr to the level of aj, a line that's on last yrs level, and a defense as good as last yrs. If that doesn't hapen, might as well hang banners in lucas oil stadium.

Hervoyel
12-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I put this in the wrong place and it should be here. This is where I want it.

Hours later and I'm still so pissed off I can't even believe it. I've never been so angry that I was actually short of breath. ****ing Texans I can't believe this ****! When they lose it's like they come out intent on seeing how loud they can make the fans boo them and you know they're getting ready to do this from the first series. The minute that drive stalled and the offense came off the field so Graham could kick the FG I could tell by the look on Schaub's half-stoned idiot face that it was going to be one of those days. You can see it in his eyes when he's not on. He looks lost or like he's trying to work some kind of problem out in his head that has nothing to do with the game he's playing. Like he's counting rivets in the Reliant roof between plays or something.

I admit it. I am so sick of that mother****er and watching him play in slow motion. It's like watching old people **** for crying out loud. Everything is slow, deliberate, and careful. The guy couldn't make a play out of nothing to save his life. Just a robot piling up stats out there and some of you actually find that adequate. How did the end of that "Christmas Vacation" rant from Clark Griswold go? "Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?

That's how I feel right now.

thunderkyss
12-23-2012, 08:43 PM
:kubepalm: <-- coach of the year right there guys.

Our QB sucks, our OL sucks, Only have Andre in the passing game, Foster sucks, the Defense sucks (other than Jj Watt) but we're 11-3

I'm not saying we shouldn't criticize our team, they deserve it today. But really, if they are this bad. If Schaub is this bad (Alex Smith, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow)... Kubiak must be one heck of a game manager that we are 11-3 despite such a bad team.

mariowillshine15
12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
LOL, is Schaub a third year player or something? How is he the future? Schaub is just the very present/near-term. No way in hell is that guy the future of this team. The future QB of this team is probably not even on the roster.

The future as in the next 3-4 years. That's what i meant.

GuerillaBlack
12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
The future as in the next 3-4 years. That's what i meant.

Well, tbh, he shouldn't even be here that long.

playa465
12-23-2012, 09:43 PM

Throwback from wayback

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpP14ES1nJ5w2pps49ELVcNCh8_r1tI oKGA1mSIO92v7sZB_LNOg

powda
12-23-2012, 10:11 PM
What rounds were russel wilson, kirk cusins, and colin kapernek drafted in? I dont believe any of them were first rounders. I dunno why finding new talent seems so impossible to some...especially when we have the luxry of letting him sit for a year or 2.

I agree completely with the concept that schaub gets only what is schemed offensively and nothing else. It would be nice to see an actual foot athlete with just an average arm instead of what we've become accustomed to. I think herv said it best describing schaub...he's in slow motion...perpetual molasses while everyone else is moving like they just did a line of coke.

Brandon420tx
12-23-2012, 10:20 PM
My only only complaint about Shaub is that he is completely useless if a defense can force him out of the pocket. As soon as he leaves or tries to leave the pocket due to pressure I already know that play is going for zero or worse yardage. Other QB's can get out of bounds for a few yards, make throw on the run at least some of the time, or completely reset and scan. Matt doesn't/can't. It's almost always a throw where even the intended receiver would have a really hard time catching it, a toss out of bounds or a sack.

TheIronDuke
12-23-2012, 10:20 PM
:kubepalm: <-- coach of the year right there guys.

Our qb sucks, our ol sucks, only have andre in the passing game, foster sucks, the defense sucks (other than jj watt) but we're 11-3

i'm not saying we shouldn't criticize our team, they deserve it today. But really, if they are this bad. If schaub is this bad (alex smith, colt mccoy, tim tebow)... Kubiak must be one heck of a game manager that we are 11-3 despite such a bad team.

12-3

Norg
12-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Its not time but trust me all our answers will be answerd in about a month when we go to the playoffs and hopefullly have the biggest game in our History the AFC champ game

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Worth a look. That's all I said. You're starting to embarrass yourself now with this selective reading bull****. Matt is paying for your loft isn't he. Well, hopefully he gets to stick around and buy baby nice things.

Non responsive post completely. You've been calling Schaub a duck for a long time, but could care less that he has led this offense to a ton of scores this season which has made this team at the top of the league in scoring. You can't sit here and say a team is all these bad things on offense with Schaub there when they have scored as many points as they have. Otherwise, you're just saying you want someone like Manning or Brady who is higher then them scoring wise, and that is not going to happen. You, then suggest that all these other guys are worth a look that have never had any season even close to what Schaub has done, so this argument falls pretty hard when that is your criteria to replace him.

amazing80
12-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Non responsive post completely. You've been calling Schaub a duck for a long time, but could care less that he has led this offense to a ton of scores this season which has made this team at the top of the league in scoring. You can't sit here and say a team is all these bad things on offense with Schaub there when they have scored as many points as they have. Otherwise, you're just saying you want someone like Manning or Brady who is higher then them scoring wise, and that is not going to happen. You, then suggest that all these other guys are worth a look that have never had any season even close to what Schaub has done, so this argument falls pretty hard when that is your criteria to replace him.

I don't think you comprehend what a game manager is and BTW 4000 yards is chump change in this new era football. Schaub is a game manager in a system designed to allow easy completions and occasionally throwing deep. Ever scream at your TV for him to run the damn ball on one of those amazing boot legs? But instead he runs to the sidelines and gets sucked up bt 300 pound DTs and throws it away? Its pathetic....if a guy isn't wide open he doesn't throw it. Schaub puts up stats because he has one of the best wide outs to ever play the game on his team who consistently bails him out.....he is over rated, its ok to admit it

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 11:34 PM
I don't think you comprehend what a game manager is and BTW 4000 yards is chump change in this new era football. Schaub is a game manager in a system designed to allow easy completions and occasionally throwing deep. Ever scream at your TV for him to run the damn ball on one of those amazing boot legs? But instead he runs to the sidelines and gets sucked up bt 300 pound DTs and throws it away? Its pathetic....if a guy isn't wide open he doesn't throw it. Schaub puts up stats because he has one of the best wide outs to ever play the game on his team who consistently bails him out.....he is over rated, its ok to admit it

You are clueless to what a game manager is when you call a QB that who has led a team to being the 3rd highest scoring team in the league. That statement falls on it's face completely when the facts are reviewed. When you're the QB of a team that is the 3rd highest team in scoring, that's not a game manager. That's a QB that is leading a team to one of the most successful offenses in the league. I've yet to hear one Schaub basher respond or even have a rebuttal to that. Don't waste your time either, because you can't rebuttal being one of the highest teams in scoring points. That's the objective for an offense to score. Guys like you weren't bashing Schaub when they were 9-1. You are now though, because it's a knee jerk reaction where there is no gray areas for any player. It's either we're a great team or we're a terrible team. It's either doom or gloom without anything in the middle.

Rey
12-23-2012, 11:39 PM

I get a kick out of the stats thing...

We have a top TE, a potential hall of fame wr, a ok group of wr's, a top 5 rb that can run and catch, two probowl caliber olinemen, a good back up rb...a good back up TE. A versatile fb that can make plays when given a chance...we have a greT offensive mind in kubiak that has win superbowls as a coach...
..and on top of that the qb is not Blaine gabbert.

We SHOULD be good and put up numbers.

Schaub has put up good numbers, but he's not this 2nd tier guy people want to make him out to be. He's a good back up.

We should be searching for someone more dynamic with better tangibles that can make plays happen.

Schaub is going to be in the league a long time as a back up qb. He's smart, doesnt make a lot of mistakes, accurate enough. Throws nice airy passes that are easy to catch. He's Chad Pennington without the moxie. He's a better version of Jake delhomme. He's an immobile jake plummer.

Schaub doesn't bring a whole lot to the table really.

amazing80
12-23-2012, 11:44 PM
You are clueless to what a game manager is when you call a QB that who has led a team to being the 3rd highest scoring team in the league. That statement falls on it's face completely when the facts are reviewed. When you're the QB of a team that is the 3rd highest team in scoring, that's not a game manager. That's a QB that is leading a team to one of the most successful offenses in the league. I've yet to hear one Schaub basher respond or even have a rebuttal to that. Don't waste your time either, because you can't rebuttal being one of the highest teams in scoring points. That's the objective for an offense to score. Guys like you weren't bashing Schaub when they were 9-1. You are now though, because it's a knee jerk reaction where there is no gray areas for any player. It's either we're a great team or we're a terrible team. It's either doom or gloom without anything in the middle.

FIRST of all, I never liked Schaub, no facts to prove it here, but I have 13k posts on ff.com to prove that, 2nd of all people complained about Schaub plenty but people on this site quickly dismiss anything critical of this team during a win streak but they call you a downer and tell you to root for another team....a team can be good and have bad players

This team scores alot because of our run game

Matt is not top 10 in yards, not in top 15 for YPA, not top 10 in yards a game, not top 10 in tds, barely top 10 in ints thrown, BUT as a game manager, he is top 10 in completion %, why? because he looks for check downs or wide open people because our system is BA like that

and for your stupid scoring stat you like to throw around, were 4th because our RUSH tds is 2nd best in the league, thus bumping us up quite a bit, so quit throwing that around as if Matt Schaub has anything to do with it

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 11:44 PM

We have a top TE, a potential hall of fame wr, a ok group of wr's, a top 5 rb that can run and catch, two probowl caliber olinemen, a good back up rb...a good back up TE. A versatile fb that can make plays when given a chance...we have a greT offensive mind in kubiak that has win superbowls as a coach...

Schaub has put up good numbers, but he's not this 2nd tier guy people want to make him out to be. He's a good back up.

We should be searching for someone more dynamic with better tangibles that can make plays happen.

Schaub is going to be in the league a long time as a back up qb. He's smart, doesnt make a lot of mistakes, accurate enough. Throws nice airy passes that are easy to catch. He's Chad Pennington without the moxie. He's a better version of Jake delhomme. He's an immobile jake plummer.

Wow. Shocking post to say the least.

If it was that easy, then we could just bring anyone in here to run this offense. What a crock and another typical knee jerk reaction to QB play. Why didn't Yates do that last season then when he lost the last few games of the season and couldn't even put away Indy? Why didn't Sage Rosenfels do that when he was the QB for a good period of time?? Why didn't Orvlosky look like that or Grossman when they had their opportunities. The fact is the only QB that has ever done that on this team is Matt Schaub out of everyone who has had their chance.

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 11:50 PM
and for your stupid scoring stat you like to throw around, were 4th because our RUSH tds is 2nd best in the league, thus bumping us up quite a bit, so quit throwing that around as if Matt Schaub has anything to do with it

How the hell do you thing we get up there to score the freaking rushing TD's?? What is it Arian Foster running 60 yard TD's all game long every week?? Newsflash, people in this forum think that Arian Foster is garbage too now days and feel that he isn't worth a **** either, so I guess you're in the minority there on that. Foster is a great RZ back no question, but he hasn't had a ton of long HR plays so the rushing TD excuse you're making to discredit the team's points on offense falls completely flat. THe NE Patriots are far and away the best offense in the league and NO ONE ARGUES THAT. Not even you. And guess what? The Patriots have the most rushing TD's in the entire league. But who do you think gets them down there to score those rushing TD's?? It's TOm freaking Brady. He gets them really close and Ridley runs it in there and that is a huge thing that has hurt BRady's TD pass numbers, because they could be a lot higher. But don't sit here and act like our rushing game has done all the work to get our scores, because that is just false and it is also a huge insult to Andre Johnson's season as well.

amazing80
12-23-2012, 11:53 PM
How the hell do you thing we get up there to score the freaking rushing TD's?? What is it Arian Foster running 60 yard TD's all game long every week?? Newsflash, people in this forum think that Arian Foster is garbage too now days and feel that he isn't worth a **** either, so I guess you're in the minority there on that. Foster is a great RZ back no question, but he hasn't had a ton of long HR plays so the rushing TD excuse you're making to discredit the team's points on offense falls completely flat. THe NE Patriots are far and away the best offense in the league and NO ONE ARGUES THAT. Not even you. And guess what? The Patriots have the most rushing TD's in the entire league. But who do you think gets them down there to score those rushing TD's?? It's TOm freaking Brady. He gets them really close and Ridley runs it in there and that is a huge thing that has hurt BRady's TD pass numbers, because they could be a lot higher. But don't sit here and act like our rushing game has done all the work to get our scores, because that is just false and it is also a huge insult to Andre Johnson's season as well.

We're 3rd in the league in 20 and 40 plus yard plays, so yes our run game DOES CARRY THIS TEAM thats the point. If our run game stalls our offense is trash, why, because schaub sucks, get the point yet?

leebigeztx
12-23-2012, 11:55 PM

I don't think you're being honest in your stats about the texans offense and schaub in general. I mean, how many tds have come as a result of te defense ? Just pure numbers,they have scored 2 offensive tds the last 3 weeks and its the same thing. Kubiak is managing a limited skilled qb because he doesn't have a great choice right now just as they did with griese and plummer. Schaub will not throw guys open,can't throw from different platforms,and needs a run game to be effecient. Once kubes identify a qb with the kind of arm and foot talent he needs to fully run his offense, schaub will be gone. To use some stat of how good the texans offesnse is doesn't really add up to me.

Texecutioner
12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
We're 3rd in the league in 20 and 40 plus yard plays, so yes our run game DOES CARRY THIS TEAM thats the point. If our run game stalls our offense is trash, why, because schaub sucks, get the point yet?

Saying that Schaub sucks is just an over statement to the fullest from a bandwagon fan. Saying that he has gotten worse or that he has been playing on the cold side is one thing. But to say that he sucks just shows to me that you're just a guy jumps on and off the bandwagon from week to week. I've seen tons of guys like you on this site over the years though. Every week you'll have a different opinion that gets exacerbated based off of what the team does each week. No consistency. Saying that Schaub sucks is weak all together.

Texecutioner
12-24-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't think you're being honest in your stats about the texans offense and schaub in general. I mean, how many tds have come as a result of te defense ? Just pure numbers,they have scored 2 offensive tds the last 3 weeks and its the same thing. Kubiak is managing a limited skilled qb because he doesn't have a great choice right now just as they did with griese and plummer. Schaub will not throw guys open,can't throw from different platforms,and needs a run game to be effecient. Once kubes identify a qb with the kind of arm and foot talent he needs to fully run his offense, schaub will be gone. To use some stat of how good the texans offesnse is doesn't really add up to me.

Where was all of this stuff before the Patriots game?? The Texans lose and all of a sudden our offense is nothing despite what they have put up on the scoreboard all season long.

You sound like every other over reactive guy I've heard all season long.

1. First it was AJ is done and we need to find his replacement, because he isn't the same. I laughed at the guys saying that.

2. Last week and the week before Arian Foster was all of a sudden trash despite the great season he has had amongst his other RB peers.

3. Now Schaub sucks and he isn't worth a damn and all the success is because of his counter parts despite no other Texans QB in their history ever being any good with the same guys.

You guys change up this stuff from week to week I swear. Lol!

amazing80
12-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Saying that Schaub sucks is just an over statement to the fullest from a bandwagon fan. Saying that he has gotten worse or that he has been playing on the cold side is one thing. But to say that he sucks just shows to me that you're just a guy jumps on and off the bandwagon from week to week. I've seen tons of guys like you on this site over the years though. Every week you'll have a different opinion that gets exacerbated based off of what the team does each week. No consistency. Saying that Schaub sucks is weak all together.

:mariopalm: and the calling of "bandwagon jumper" begins

You're right dude, I spent a few thousand dollars in October to fly to Houston with my wife to see the Ravens and met with some of the Blue crew because Im a bandwagon jumper, I have a ****ing tattoo on my arm and named my dog Texan because Im a bandwagon jumper, go **** yourself

This right here is why I stopped posting on this site to begin with, you disagree with people who have been around a while and they say stupid **** and question your loyalty, Im going to bed before I get ANOTHER lifetime ban from Vinny, peace out

76Texan
12-24-2012, 12:08 AM

I don't think I can agree that Schaub can't throw a receiver open.
He's not the best at it, but he's at least average in that department.

Hervoyel
12-24-2012, 12:09 AM

Have you understood NOTHING that Texecutioner is saying? That is simply NOT POSSIBLE. You cannot find another Manning or Brady and the only way you will be able to improve on Matt Schaub is to get Manning or Brady. No one else can do it and wasting our time looking for someone is wrong. HAVEN'T YOU SEEN HIS STATS? DO YOU EVEN STAT?

No QB has ever taken the Texans as far as Matt Schaub and no QB ever will.

:headhurts:

Texecutioner
12-24-2012, 12:11 AM
:mariopalm: and the calling of "bandwagon jumper" begins

You're right dude, I spent a few thousand dollars in October to fly to Houston with my wife to see the Ravens and met with some of the Blue crew because Im a bandwagon jumper, I have a ****ing tattoo on my arm and named my dog Texan because Im a bandwagon jumper, go **** yourself

This right here is why I stopped posting on this site to begin with, you disagree with people who have been around a while and they say stupid **** and question your loyalty, Im going to bed before I get ANOTHER lifetime ban from Vinny, peace out

Yes, you sound like a bandwagon guy when you flip your opinion on the team every other week. That's just being over reactionary. I've seen people do it with Kubiak for years. One week Kubiak is the man, then they're in the fire Kubiak threads wanting his ass out of here, then wanting him back for another season when he wins a few at the end of the season. How the hell can you possibly have any clue what a good coach is when you're all over the place with differing opinions like that every week and every season? Not saying you were one of those guys on Kubes but a ton in here have been and still are. That's not showing me any type of football IQ or an opinion that is valid. It's just like the guys that wrote off AJ early on this season and acted like he couldn't play anymore or the guys that act like Foster can't run anymore when his numbers are great this season. But you, you are flat out saying that Matt Schaub sucks like he is some sort of bottom feeder at QB in this league. That is jumping off the band wagon of a player big time. You weren't spewing this mess about our QB in the first 9 weeks of the season. You see a little bit of adversity and you're blasting our guys as if they've proven nothing all year long when they've had the best season of their existence and they've had the best record all year long. It's not any sign of any type of stable analyzing at all. It's just jump off the cliff if things don't go right or swear that we're SB bound if we have a great game.

Rey
12-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Wow. Shocking post to say the least.

If it was that easy, then we could just bring anyone in here to run this offense. What a crock and another typical knee jerk reaction to QB play. Why didn't Yates do that last season then when he lost the last few games of the season and couldn't even put away Indy? Why didn't Sage Rosenfels do that when he was the QB for a good period of time?? Why didn't Orvlosky look like that or Grossman when they had their opportunities. The fact is the only QB that has ever done that on this team is Matt Schaub out of everyone who has had their chance.

Well we watch the same thing and see it differently.

Yates looked competent last year for a rookie thrown in the fire first of all. Let's get this part out of the way. Yates stats and games were very comparable to Andy Dalton's. Biggest difference is that Dalton had the benefit of being a starter from day one and getting all the reps. Dalton too had horrendous outings against Baltimore.

Yates would not have done as well as he did for a lot of other teams. Almost every qb that comes in here looks better than what they did previously or what they do afterwards. Delhomme looked good in his 1 game. Leinart looked serviceable. Carr had one of his best years under kubiak. Sage looked good here. Someone actually traded a good pick for sage...think about that...

John beck looked good in the pre season.

How many qb's have actually stunk it up here? I mean like, just down right awful when you've seen them play in any organized game?

About that baltimore game last year. Yates threw three picks. Yes. But there were two moments early in the game that I believe shook him for a second. One was obviously the jacoby fumble. Another was a big drop by Andre. It was a good ball by tj...would have picked up 15 or 20 I think. Perfect ball location and dre dropped it and we ended up punting that drive I believe. Up until those thongs happened we were rolling pretty good.

All that said, he battled through it. He made plays in that game. He got us in position to win it at the end with a desperation pass to the endzone. Kw had the ball. It hit him in the hands. He dropped it.

Yeah he threw three picks...on the road...against a defense that was on point at the time...

So did Brady the next week...at home....

You gonna hold it over tj's head that when he was a rookie 5th rounder, that won the franchises first play off game ever and went into Baltimore in a tough game and threw 3 int's, but schaub as a multi year starter throws a game losing pick six in OT at home in a non hostile environment to the same team gets a pass? Or a look the other way?

At least Yates has upside. And I don't even care about Yates. I'm not sold on him, but I loved what I saw from him last year. Dude showed up big time.

Listen bro. At the end of the day, you can believe what you want to believe. Schaub is not a borderline elite qb. He is mediocre at best. Too many holes in his game. I can name way more things he can't do or hasn't proven to do than I can name things that he can do. At this stage in his career that screams back up qb.

BUT all that said...we can win with schaub. We need a lot of breaks to go our way and we need other areas of the team to be phenomenal because schaub is not going to cover anyones weaknesses. He has too many of his own to deal with.

Texecutioner
12-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Have you understood NOTHING that Texecutioner is saying? That is simply NOT POSSIBLE. You cannot find another Manning or Brady and the only way you will be able to improve on Matt Schaub is to get Manning or Brady. No one else can do it and wasting our time looking for someone is wrong. HAVEN'T YOU SEEN HIS STATS? DO YOU EVEN STAT?

No QB has ever taken the Texans as far as Matt Schaub and no QB ever will.

:headhurts:

None of the stooges that you suggested earlier. Nope.

You complain every single time Schaub isn't fantastic. I don't remember you blasting Schaub when he threw for over 500 yards and like 4 TD's when the defense stunk it up for two straight weeks and Schaub's offense had to put up like over 30 in both games. Didn't hear a peep out of you then. Can't ever remember you breathing a word about the #2 or #3 WR's that don't help him out in certain games or the O line who played horribly today. It's always on our QB who isn't an elite player and shouldn't be expected to be. Nice exxaggeration though Herv. :tiphat:

Texecutioner
12-24-2012, 12:22 AM
BUT all that said...we can win with schaub. We need a lot of breaks to go our way and we need other areas of the team to be phenomenal because schaub is not going to cover anyones weaknesses. He has too many of his own to deal with.

I'm not even going to address the yates stuff anymore, because the guy is irrelevant and will never be a full time starter here.

This last part I can be okay with. I used to say similar things about Schaub to guys who acted as if he was elite. I never said he was boderline elite even. He is and has been a guy that is like 7-12 though. He is right there with guys like Romo, Matt Ryan, and Eli would be part of this group as well if he hadn't had his SB runs, but season wise Eli has never been magical and has the same types of blunders that Schaub has at times. So does Matt Ryan, but Ryan is still a good QB that can lead his team to a lot of wins. I've heard Ryan get criticized a ton this season and the Falcons as well. They've won games though, and their team is stacked. If their fans are expecting Ryan to finish every team off in every close game like Brady does then they have unrealistic expectations as well. I've stated the same thing about Cowboys fans as well when they try to expect Romo to be that kind of guy. These guys are good QB's in this league, but people need to stop expecting them to be better then what they can be. That doesn't mean that you can't consistently win with them though.

Hervoyel
12-24-2012, 12:26 AM
None of the stooges that you suggested earlier. Nope.

You complain every single time Schaub isn't fantastic. I don't remember you blasting Schaub when he threw for over 500 yards and like 4 TD's when the defense stunk it up for two straight weeks and Schaub's offense had to put up like over 30 in both games. Didn't hear a peep out of you then. Can't ever remember you breathing a word about the #2 or #3 WR's that don't help him out in certain games or the O line who played horribly today. It's always on our QB who isn't an elite player and shouldn't be expected to be. Nice exxaggeration though Herv. :tiphat:

Been pointing out Schaub's shortcomings for years Tex, just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it hasn't been happening.

Besides, who wants to bring up the ugly truth during wins? All you get is push back from homers here who wail about you being a downer and not being able to enjoy the win. Never mind the things he can't do, they didn't cost us the game this week and the Texans will get that ironed out soon enough right?

Schaub is still slow. He still loses his accuracy and makes bad decisions when he's playing in big games against quality opponents. The problems don't change.

And you don't know anything about the QB's I listed. No more than any casual fan of the game. What they could or could not do here is beyond your or my ability to accurately predict. I said they were worth a look, nothing more. If you never look for a better QB you're guaranteed not to find one.

I think the Texans need to start the process of looking for that guy. Matt Schaub has hit his ceiling.

Norg
12-24-2012, 12:39 AM
its not time for anything ..... MY gwad its not even the playoffs yet

76Texan
12-24-2012, 12:43 AM
I've been saying that Schaub is in and out of the top ten.

There are pretty good looking young guys out there, but until they show they really belong, they aren't there yet.

VY? Man, a lot of people put him on a pedestal and look what happened?
And Tebow! :vincepalm:

Texecutioner
12-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Been pointing out Schaub's shortcomings for years Tex, just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it hasn't been happening.

I know that "you" have Herv. That's what I was saying actually as far as Schaub goes. If anyone has been consistent on their dislike for Schaub it is you. These others though are back and forth on guys like Schaub and Kubiak every single week with no real identity as to what they think they're watching which gets frustrating to read and see.

Besides, who wants to bring up the ugly truth during wins? All you get is push back from homers here who wail about you being a downer and not being able to enjoy the win. Never mind the things he can't do, they didn't cost us the game this week and the Texans will get that ironed out soon enough right?

This is true as well, and I do understand what you mean to some degree. Do you remember the thread I posted on Thanksgiving called "Same ole Sorry Kubiak?" Remember how many homers bashed me on that all because we won, and said we're 10-1!!!! Blah blah blah!! Our defense played horribly, but Schaub was great. That's not my point about that thread though. My point is that I didn't care if we won or lost. I posted that thread before the game was over, because I witnessed Kubiak do what I've seen him do for years at times that has hurt this team, and it's clear that he'll never change his philosophy no matter what the circumstances are which scares the hell out of me in big games and especially the playoffs. But I didn't care what kind of flack I'd get, because it Kubiak's blunder should have cost us that game, but since it didn't everyone acted as if almost losing with a horrible coaching blunder didn't mean anything or that it didn't happen. I've always stuck to what I've thought about Kubiak since season two, and I don't go back and forth every other week on him depending on what the team does that week. Other people do it with Schaub and Kubiak all the time though, and it makes me think less of their abilities to evaluate this stuff. NOt saying you though, because you have been consistent on your thoughts on Schaub.

Schaub is still slow. He still loses his accuracy and makes bad decisions when he's playing in big games against quality opponents. The problems don't change.

This is somewhat true, but majority of the time he is good QB. I could say the same thing about several other good QB's as well. That's why I feel like we really need a true upgrade to replace Schaub if we are going to do that. It will take a while to upgrade most likely, and we'd have to rebuild. We're to good to think about rebuilding now.

And you don't know anything about the QB's I listed. No more than any casual fan of the game. What they could or could not do here is beyond your or my ability to accurately predict. I said they were worth a look, nothing more. If you never look for a better QB you're guaranteed not to find one

Not a guarantee and I think we should look, but free agency wise the odds are extremely thin and Schaub is not bad to the point where I'd want to take those odds with a guy like that.

I think the Texans need to start the process of looking for that guy. Matt Schaub has hit his ceiling.

Yes, he has hit his ceiling, but that doesn't mean he can't stay at that ceiling for a while. Schaub's leadership has gotten us a great season, and will have us with a bye in the playoffs. That's pretty good to start with for the playoffs. But Schaub will only be as good as his counterparts and I understand that. I can't expect Schaub to be something he isn't.

Rey
12-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Delete

leebigeztx
12-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Where was all of this stuff before the Patriots game?? The Texans lose and all of a sudden our offense is nothing despite what they have put up on the scoreboard all season long.

You sound like every other over reactive guy I've heard all season long.

1. First it was AJ is done and we need to find his replacement, because he isn't the same. I laughed at the guys saying that.

2. Last week and the week before Arian Foster was all of a sudden trash despite the great season he has had amongst his other RB peers.

3. Now Schaub sucks and he isn't worth a damn and all the success is because of his counter parts despite no other Texans QB in their history ever being any good with the same guys.

You guys change up this stuff from week to week I swear. Lol!

U think my critique of schaub just started? I just don't keep harping on the same thing all the time cause it gets old and I've seen this story. He's a modern day trent green. Nothing bad about that, its just what it is. As I've stated before, if schaub is the guy,he needs playmakers all over the field. Its not a knock on matt ryan,but at least they kinda indentified that when they moved up and got julio jones. I'm not saying they will go far or win it,but after the packers beat them down,they noticed they didn't have the weapons needed to beat high end teams.

thunderkyss
12-24-2012, 10:05 AM
What rounds were russel wilson, kirk cusins, and colin kapernek drafted in? I dont believe any of them were first rounders. I dunno why finding new talent seems so impossible to some...especially when we have the luxry of letting him sit for a year or 2.

Just saying, we don't know how any of these guys are going to turn out. I remember when "the league" thought Shuan King was the next best thing, or Bruce Gradkowski, Aaron Brooks, Josh Freeman, Vince Young, Mark Sanchez, and on & on.... the jury is out on Superman Cam Newton when just last year he was "changing the game."

RG3, Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick... for all we know, Tannerhill may be the best of the bunch. Talented, yes. Everyone of them. But so were all the guys I already mentioned.

thunderkyss
12-24-2012, 10:33 AM

eh.... we've seen Schaub play well. We've seen him play at a pro-bowl level..... nigh elite.

But never when it counted, or meant anything to the magnitude of these last few games.

What was that, that Mike Lombardi said :thinking:

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/biggest-staypuft-590x350.jpg

Rey
12-24-2012, 10:36 AM
eh.... we've seen Schaub play well. We've seen him play at a pro-bowl level..... nigh elite.

But never when it counted, or meant anything to the magnitude of these last few games.

What was that, that Mike Lombardi said :thinking:

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/biggest-staypuft-590x350.jpg

I've seen a lot of players play well.

robroy72
12-24-2012, 10:39 AM

There alot of fans who don't understand the game. People were cheering when TJ was introduced yesterday; too many people for them all to be bandwagon fans :|

robroy72
12-24-2012, 10:42 AM
I've been saying that Schaub is in and out of the top ten.

There are pretty good looking young guys out there, but until they show they really belong, they aren't there yet.

VY? Man, a lot of people put him on a pedestal and look what happened?
And Tebow! :vincepalm:

Most of the 'new breed' QBs are mobile and can get themselves out of trouble. Schaub can't; our offense depends on being able to block the pass rush. When we can't, it just isn't going to happen.

Double Barrel
12-24-2012, 10:43 AM

yep.

Schaub is our version of Warren Moon, though (Moon was a better QB overall).

Both could post great regular season statistics.

Both folded in big games.

Both have franchises that will not let them go until they are no longer on playoff caliber teams.

The Texans are not letting go of Schaub even if a viable alternative was available. Anyone that has watched this team for any length of time and has any understanding of Kubiak & Co. should know that we will have to make the best of Schaub and Kubiak for at least another 2-3 years.

thunderkyss
12-24-2012, 10:44 AM

Don't mean crap. If you weren't a bandwagoner, you'd fly down for all our games. & you wouldn't put a tattoo on your ***ing arm. You'd do something like this.....

http://www.tattoostime.com/images/87/bio-mechanical-face-tattoo.jpg

psssh...... fan my azz

powda
12-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Just saying, we don't know how any of these guys are going to turn out. I remember when "the league" thought Shuan King was the next best thing, or Bruce Gradkowski, Aaron Brooks, Josh Freeman, Vince Young, Mark Sanchez, and on & on.... the jury is out on Superman Cam Newton when just last year he was "changing the game."

RG3, Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick... for all we know, Tannerhill may be the best of the bunch. Talented, yes. Everyone of them. But so were all the guys I already mentioned.

I can agree with everything you say here but we are wasting a resource. Kubiak is allegedly a quarterback guru. Some of the talents you mentioned wouldve done much better with the right coaching. In his time here kubiak could've groomed multiple quarterbacks with superior physical talent to schaub. Instead he seems content. Maybe its an ego thing. Maybe he's so intent on proving how great his schemes are that he balks at superior talent. How ridiculous is it that we run a boot leg offense with a qb who cant run? If receivers are covered for longer then 3.5 seconds the play is dead because schaub cant create anything on his own.

76Texan
12-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Most of the 'new breed' QBs are mobile and can get themselves out of trouble. Schaub can't; our offense depends on being able to block the pass rush. When we can't, it just isn't going to happen.

It works both ways.
We've seen turnovers or injuries when a player tries to do too much.

The conservative approach is boring, but it gives you a better percentage to finish the marathon.

In the play-offs, that's when I expect the players to leave nothing on the field and to go for all the marbles.

thunderkyss
12-24-2012, 11:17 AM
I can agree with everything you say here but we are wasting a resource. Kubiak is allegedly a quarterback guru. Some of the talents you mentioned wouldve done much better with the right coaching. In his time here kubiak could've groomed multiple quarterbacks with superior physical talent to schaub. Instead he seems content.

It's funny how we remember what we want to remember.

He's had guys much more athletically inclined than Matt Schaub. David Carr for one. Sage Rosenfels, Dan Orlovsky.....

We've also been bringing QBs in pretty consistently & none of them have stuck. Jared Zebransky I thought was most promising.

powda
12-24-2012, 11:29 AM
It's funny how we remember what we want to remember.

He's had guys much more athletically inclined than Matt Schaub. David Carr for one. Sage Rosenfels, Dan Orlovsky.....

We've also been bringing QBs in pretty consistently & none of them have stuck. Jared Zebransky I thought was most promising.

Carr was a shell of himself when kubiak got here. Sage was a career journey man bandaide, and orlavsky's claim to fame was leading a 1-15 team and stepping out the back of the endzone. Outside of investing a 5th round pick in yates the texans havent given themselves any chance of upgrading the position. And their to proud to after the trade investment. My complaint isnt that they havent found someone else...its that they havent given themselves any chance for an upgrade. Kubiak is all in with schaub...zero contingency.

mussop
12-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I can agree with everything you say here but we are wasting a resource. Kubiak is allegedly a quarterback guru. Some of the talents you mentioned wouldve done much better with the right coaching. In his time here kubiak could've groomed multiple quarterbacks with superior physical talent to schaub. Instead he seems content. Maybe its an ego thing. Maybe he's so intent on proving how great his schemes are that he balks at superior talent. How ridiculous is it that we run a boot leg offense with a qb who cant run? If receivers are covered for longer then 3.5 seconds the play is dead because schaub cant create anything on his own.

Just another instance of Kubiak showing too much loyalty. Just like he did with his defensive coordinators. McNair had to step in and make him make a change. Hopefully Kkubiak learned his lesson. I doubt it! My money is on Kubiak sticking with Schaub till the end and costing him his job.

thunderkyss
12-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Carr was a shell of himself when kubiak got here. Sage was a career journey man bandaide, and orlavsky's claim to fame was leading a 1-15 team and stepping out the back of the endzone. Outside of investing a 5th round pick in yates the texans havent given themselves any chance of upgrading the position. And their to proud to after the trade investment. My complaint isnt that they havent found someone else...its that they havent given themselves any chance for an upgrade. Kubiak is all in with schaub...zero contingency.

But Schaub sucks remember? This whole stat thing is Kubiak's sytem right?

If all we need is a guy who is more athletic than Schaub, why haven't any of them stuck?

& if the Texans are satisfied with Schaub, why would they invest anything more than a 5th round pick? I can see being upset if we weren't taking flyers. But we are & have been. Even through free agency.

The only reason San Fran used a 2nd on Kaepernick, was because Alex Smith sucked. Try to remember how he played before Harbaugh. Back to before Harbaugh drafted Kaepernick. It's not like they went to the NFC Championship game & decided to draft a QB.

thunderkyss
12-24-2012, 11:38 AM
My money is on Kubiak sticking with Schaub till the end and costing him his job.

If we win the division & do nothing else for the next 5 years, Kubiak isn't going anywhere.

powda
12-24-2012, 11:43 PM
I can see being upset if we weren't taking flyers. But we are & have been. Even through free agency.

The only reason San Fran used a 2nd on Kaepernick, was because Alex Smith sucked. Try to remember how he played before Harbaugh. Back to before Harbaugh drafted Kaepernick. It's not like they went to the NFC Championship game & decided to draft a QB.

Orlavsky and Yates are the only thing you could argue as flyers in 6 years. Dont talk to me about undrafted free agents because they are exclusively camp fodder. Kubiak is complacent with schaub...he is the status que. We can win with schaub but words like great and dynasty wont happen while he's here. Schaub is not a guy who can win 3-4 games a season single handedly. He just isnt. Look past the sugar coating of a 12 win season and stop lying to yourself.

Mr teX
12-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Orlavsky and Yates are the only thing you could argue as flyers in 6 years. Dont talk to me about undrafted free agents because they are exclusively camp fodder. Kubiak is complacent with schaub...he is the status que. We can win with schaub but words like great and dynasty wont happen while he's here. Schaub is not a guy who can win 3-4 games a season single handedly. He just isnt. Look past the sugar coating of a 12 win season and stop lying to yourself.

2012:

Denver
Jax
Det

:kitten:

Brisco_County
12-25-2012, 02:31 AM
I am reserving judgement until the playoffs. The reason is that I have seen two different Schaubs this season. One is sharp, ballsy, and will sacrifice his ear if it means completing the pass. The other is spooked, off rhythm, incapable of passing for 10 yards while mobile, and will dive at the turf the second he sees a defender closing in.

To support this observation, I'll quote Rick Smith from late September:

"I’ll tell you what, Matt’s got a really, really strong command of our offense. He understands what Gary (Kubiak) wants when Gary calls a play. He’s got some input during the week in terms of plays that he likes. But he’s been tremendous over these last few weeks. It’s pretty apparent when you watch him that he knows where the ball’s ought to go, and he’s got good rhythm. Just very proud of him and the way that he stood up and led our football team in a very tough environment. For us to come out and perform the way we did on the road two weeks in a row has been fantastic.”

That is the Schaub we saw in Denver. That is not the Schaub I saw against the Vikings or Patriots.

We can only speculate on the reasons why, but I see two possible outcomes:

A) Whether by instruction or by his own accord, Schaub is desperately avoiding physical contact in order to preserve his health for the playoffs. If so, we would see a different performance in the post season.

B) Whether physical or mental, something in his game has been rattled, and we will not see much improvement in the post season. This would make him vulnerable to Rick Smith's 20/70/10 philosophy (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1969527#post1969527). If Schaub falls from the 20% to the 70%, he is a burden on the team. Smith's approach to resolving this kind of burden has been described as "detached (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/04/texans-g-m-relies-on-emotional-detachment-in-overhauling-roster/)." I won't guess how he would go about resolving it, or how aggressively, but it opens the door to a change being made.

It all depends on what we see in the post season.

thunderkyss
12-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Schaub is not a guy who can win 3-4 games a season single handedly. He just isnt. Look past the sugar coating of a 12 win season and stop lying to yourself.

& why would he need to? This is a team game. With Schaub, we're 12-3, are you saying with Brady we would be 15-0? & if we were, what would that change?

We'd be able to rest some players next week?

If we win next week, we're in the same position. So what.

I'm not a big fan of Schaub's but it doesn't make sense to be wasting draft picks trying to replace the guy. We're 12-3 right now, because we drafted guys like Connor Barwin, Antoine Caldwell, Ben Tate, Earl Mitchell, Darryl Sharpton, Brooks Reed, Brandon Harris, Devier Posey, & Brandon Brooks.... everyone of these guys have stepped in & helped us get to 12-3

I get what you're saying about a better QB. I'd like to have a better QB. But no team in the league would be actively trying to replace their QB if they had Matt Schaub.

powda
12-25-2012, 12:09 PM
I get what you're saying about a better QB. I'd like to have a better QB. But no team in the league would be actively trying to replace their QB if they had Matt Schaub.

Im not suggesting we spend a first round pick on a quarterback. I can be critical of schaub and still think hes a decent qb. I just dont see the guy create on his own when a play breaks down. It doesn't take 5 years to evaluate a quarterback. Schaub is normally a dependable game manager who plays within the system. He's an average leader with a pop gun arm and zero mobility. He has no discernibly great traits.

This offseason Kubiak should golf with more quarterbacks or look for a talent in the 2nd to 4th round.

thunderkyss
12-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Im not suggesting we spend a first round pick on a quarterback. I can be critical of schaub and still think hes a decent qb. I just dont see the guy create on his own when a play breaks down. It doesn't take 5 years to evaluate a quarterback. Schaub is normally a dependable game manager who plays within the system. He's an average leader with a pop gun arm and zero mobility. He has no discernibly great traits.

This offseason Kubiak should golf with more quarterbacks or look for a talent in the 2nd to 4th round.

I agree it's very far & between that Schaub makes a play. I've said the same thing again, & again, & again... If he leaves the pocket, the play is over. May as well just thrown it away.

But Schaub has had some moments this year. The Denver game comes to mind. That win was on Schaub if you ask me.

You & many others don't remember or refuse to take into account the good that he's done with this team & for this team. Stats are funny, but if you look at Matt's there are some definite trends that are 180 from your summation of our QB.