PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings @ Houston Texans. Noon. 12/23. **Official GameDay Thread**

Pages : 1 [2] 3

sandmanx
12-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Big boo from the crowd for the horrid playcalling, glad I'm not the only one that sees it.

CloakNNNdagger
Saw Tedc on the tele...........looked pissed!

Mr. Texan
can we blame wade phillips for this horrible offense?

TexCanada
12-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Zero blocking today. The Oline is getting dominated.

legacy_gt
foster for 12 yards. wow.

TexanSam
Exactly. Try and adapt a little. Throw some wrinkles in.

It's like our offense has gone into a cocoon. We're not even seeing the plays that worked before.

legacy_gt
where are u winston?

Pantherstang84
Big boo from the crowd for the horrid playcalling, glad I'm not the only one that sees it.

Me too.

EllisUnit
BETTER not rest the starters the last game even if we win today. They will get creamed if they play like this in Jan !

Textan
Maybe that's the problem.
It really appears as if teams know every play we'll call, so I agree. Sometimes it's hard to change a system that's worked so good, but lately it's just not working so well.
I know the stats say the Texans have one of the top offenses, but stats aren't everything
Need some creativity during play off time. Something other teams would never expect.

76Texan
12-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I've been thinking about that same thing...I sure would if I were them

Guess they didn't know the Texans may lose the last two games and end up with the second seed behind the Broncos. LOL

TexansLucky13
12-23-2012, 01:11 PM
7 yard pass comin' up....

amazing80
Looks like David Carr in that fetal position hopefully our defense can somehow get a turnover here

ChrisG
Whimpy as Schaub. They barely touch him and he goes down. What I wouldnt give for Big Ben style of play where he TRIES to get away

Naiirb
Schaub folding when faced with any sort of pressure. Man up

G27RR
We don't even look like a playoff team right now, let alone the #1 seed.

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 01:12 PM
:smiliepalm:

TheIronDuke
What a frigging joke.

Pantherstang84
I know this is sacrilege on the board but Schaub is starting to look Carrish. Barely touched his jersey and he cacooned.

TexCanada
We are losing the battle in the trenches. Simple as.

Textan
I hope for some major adjustments during half time, but we are talking Kubes, so it could be a lot of the same second half. His play calling is the definition of insanity.

playa465
7 yard pass comin' up....

Fooled you huh...LOL...Texans just going through the motions right now, looking uninspired

deucetx
Does Schaub make any calls at the line? That blitz was obvious but I sure didn't see anyone call the protection or make any adjustments. Don't tell me Kubes really doesn't give his QB no flexibility at the line of scrimmage

Premier
12-23-2012, 01:13 PM
ponder is embarrassing that borderline elite schaub...

TheMatrix31
Who the **** is this guy?

Mr. Texan
the defense is going to quit because they realize the offense won't do ****

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 01:14 PM
peterson hits the hole so much harder than foster.

TexanBacker93
Is it going to make a difference if we get HFA? Right now we might have trouble winning here against anyone.

ChrisG
I havent had a problem with Schaub but he has to man up. Our O is looking like **** every week

Textan

That's his scrambling ability I love so much. Possum or Sloth when faced with pressure.

ChrisG
12-23-2012, 01:15 PM
That's his scrambling ability I love so much. Possum or Sloth when faced with pressure.

More like a hedgehog. Just roll into a ball until everyone goes away

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 01:16 PM
D looked great. wake TFU offense! we ain't going anywhere with foster's 12 yards.

Rey
Someone said it earlier this week: we play about the same every week, just the caliber of competition changes. Sure would be nice for the offense to start out with a couple of touchdown drives to start the game- that hasn't happened in a while.

That was me.

And it's part of the reason why I don't think we are superbowl bound.

They can get into the play offs and flip a switch. But even if we somehow got to the superbowl (I'm not seeing that) I think we'd get killed there.

Schaub is not a good enough qb for how kubiak is calling plays right now. And the defense is not good enough at the LB positions.

Texans have played this way most of the season. Shiny record aside, I haven't liked how this team has been playing...

If we play like this in the play offs, anyone can beat us. Anyone.

TexanBacker93
I like the sense of urgency I'm seeing from the team today. Pagano comes back next week. Big emotional lift.

The Third Man
I think the Texans are lucky to be only down 10. They are f-l-a-t.

CloakNNNdagger
12-23-2012, 01:17 PM
http://prod.static.vikings.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/persons/players/2012/cards/christian-ponder-card-2012.jpg

has MORPHED

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8DD-idb4uzU/UDak6S56DmI/AAAAAAAABZQ/SvrdI-pjeDE/s1600/dan-marino.jpg

TexCanada
12-23-2012, 01:17 PM
He cant because he is retarded .... im convinced he is retarded. He came in fourth place at the special Olympics. you know what you get for fourth place at the special Olympics? who cares you are still retarded!

This is crossing the line.

CloakNNNdagger
12-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Here's where we get the draw

Premier
schaub makes an errant throw, stare down posey for not making a spectacular catch..

Nawzer
Matt Schaub playing scared. He has no concept on stepping up into the pocket when there pressure coming at him.

ChrisG
The offense better wake up soon. The D cant win every game

CloakNNNdagger
12-23-2012, 01:19 PM
I was wrong......it was a knee.

Hervoyel
Schaub. I'd sit him right now. He's not accomplishing anything out there and neither is Foster. I'd roll Yates and Tate out in the second half and be fully prepared to lose this game but hopefully get a response out of the two of them next week in Indianapolis.

We may have an efficient QB who can run our system but he's not a big-game player. He doesn't get better under pressure or in the spotlight. He gets worse. Anyone who says we don't need a QB needs a reality check. Schaub's vision goes to **** when he's in a big game or feeling pressure and so does his accuracy.

ChrisG
Schaub scared to step up again

Premier
noodle arm..

The Third Man
12-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Special Olympics smack. Classy.

legacy_gt
where's daniels, walter, tate, graham? someone needs to step up.

Textan
I think the Texans are lucky to be only down 10. They are f-l-a-t.
How many times have we said that this year? The way this team's playing and the coaches are preparing.......I'd be surprised if we make it further into the play offs than last year.

TheMatrix31
This color commentator is a moron. Yeah there's a ****ing answer for this ****ty ass offense. Get rid of the right side of our offensive line and this is what happens.

Nawzer
Wtf is Kubiak and Schaub doing?! Do they want to lose the game???

DX-TEX
**** schaub! I hope allen breaks his ****ing leg. Worthless piece of crap as a QB. Crwling into his ****ing shell as usual

Thorn
Wow, the Texans look like total crap today.

DocBar
Wow the offense is stuck in neutral at best. Lousy half of football.

ChrisG
12-23-2012, 01:21 PM

How about Schaub, havent seen him step up and win a game in weeks

Pantherstang84
I love how the announcers comment on the size of Kubiak's Denny's menu. Problem is he only uses about 5 of those plays.

amazing80
Schaub. I'd sit him right now. He's not accomplishing anything out there and neither is Foster. I'd roll Yates and Tate out in the second half and be fully prepared to lose this game but hopefully get a response out of the two of them next week in Indianapolis.

We may have an efficient QB who can run our system but he's not a big-game player. He doesn't get better under pressure or in the spotlight. He gets worse. Anyone who says we don't need a QB needs a reality check. Schaub's vision goes to **** when he's in a big game or feeling pressure and so does his accuracy.

Never gonna happen. Gary is to "loyal" not to mention what happens if Yates comes out and lights it up and we come back and win.....drama lol

Premier

when all else fails, blame pass pro, foster, kubiak.. anyone but schaub.. check his stats..

TexanSam
**** schaub! I hope allen breaks his ****ing leg. Worthless piece of crap as a QB. Crwling into his ****ing shell as usual

That's crossing the line. Take that **** somewhere else.

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 01:22 PM

Stupid.

fiasco west
It really is this simple.

The Texans are losing the game in the trenches, on both sides of the ball.

BullNation4Life
Sorry this team does not deserve a HFA...

They play like a 4th/5th seed...

A time to chill
12-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Back in the offseason, I was kind of hoping the Texans pursued Peyton Manning. I thought with him as QB we would definitely be going to the Super Bowl and winning it. I remember having debates with people who argued Matt Schaub was better than Peyton because he was a better fit in Kubiak's system and Peyton wasn't going to be the same after his neck injury. Gosh, looking at Matt Schaub right now I can't help but to wonder, "What if?..."

http://http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/report-peyton-may-be-interested-in-playing-for-the-texans/

DX-TEX
12-23-2012, 01:24 PM
That's crossing the line. Take that **** somewhere else.

Wake the hell up! Schaub is what everyone says he is: spineless, cant perform in the spotlight, choker... he is worthless. I was his supporter for a long damn time but no more. Its all on him and Kubiak.

Naiirb
when all else fails, blame pass pro, foster, kubiak.. anyone but schaub.. check his stats..

You must of missed him assuming the fetal position a second before the Viking defender even got there...

Texn4life

wow

TexanSam
Back in the offseason, I was kind of hoping the Texans pursued Peyton Manning. I thought with him as QB we would definitely be going to the Super Bowl and winning it. I remember having debates with people who argued Matt Schaub was better than Peyton because he was a better fit in Kubiak's system and Peyton wasn't going to be the same after his neck injury. Gosh, looking at Matt Schaub right now I can't help but to wonder, "What if?..."

http://http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/report-peyton-may-be-interested-in-playing-for-the-texans/

Texans could not afford Manning.

houstonspartan

Hoping our QB breaks his leg? Geez, dude. Take a deep breath.

This is why I don't bet on sports.

Pantherstang84

Problem is the upgrade prospects don't look good this off season.

Textan
Never gonna happen. Gary is to "loyal" not to mention what happens if Yates comes out and lights it up and we come back and win.....drama lol

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it. Heck, anything different right now to possibly light a fire.
Texans aren't even flat, they're comatose.

Hervoyel
12-23-2012, 01:25 PM

Nobody on offense has a spark. Andre can't throw it to himself and even if he could he can't make a play every single down. The Texans are a talented offense without any player making the ones around him better most weeks. These are all good but none of them is a catalyst.

Premier
You must of missed him assuming the fetal position a second before the Viking defender even got there...

my sarcasm must not be working today..

TheMatrix31
Sorry this team does not deserve a HFA...

They play like a 4th/5th seed...

We don't "deserve" anything. We're 12-2 and if we win one of the last two games, we have home field advantage throughout.

I don't give a **** what we "deserve" or "don't deserve"

Atl Cav

I have finally found a fan base less insightful than Atlanta. When RYan threw 5 interceptions a few weeks ago everyone knew it was just a bad game.

Kubiak is not wanting to take any risk with his starters right now. He is running vanilla stuff, and he only has one talented wideout. He cant afford to lose him.

Well come back in the second half, but this is in no way the team that will play in the second round of the playoffs.

Relax.

The Third Man
All it takes is for one bad half for people to turn on the Texans like they spat on your mother. They played badly, but the game is still winnable and they can go to the Super Bowl.

amazing80
12-23-2012, 01:26 PM
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it. Heck, anything different right now to possibly light a fire.
Texans aren't even flat, they're comatose.

I agree, I would do it, Id make the change, but Gary won't. We do need something to change coming out of half time because we're about to get rolled by the ViQueens

legacy_gt
didn't you know the vikings defense is ranked #1?

ChrisG
Foster goes down at the slighest contact, Schaub does down before contact. Great offense we got today

Brewski
Just an absolutely terrible first half for our O. Can not believe we can't put together a single decent drive. Schaub does not even look he knows what's going on. Even nick folse is making plays and hanging tough with the skins

Thank god our D is putting in work and holding there own. If we don't get them a break soon they will wear down and it will be trouble.

TexanSam
Wake the hell up! Schaub is what everyone says he is: spineless, cant perform in the spotlight, choker... he is worthless. I was his supporter for a long damn time but no more. Its all on him and Kubiak.

Yeah, but if I don't like a player I don't wish him harm. I guess you'd like Kubiak to drive over a cliff also?

houstonspartan
12-23-2012, 01:27 PM

I suppose you missed it a couple of years ago when Schaub had his arm separated from his shoulder, then went back into the game.

And I'm assuming you were taking a leak and missed the moment earlier this year when he had his ear hacked off and went back into the game.

Yeah, he's spineless.

BullNation4Life
We don't "deserve" anything. We're 12-2 and if we win one of the last two games, we have home field advantage throughout.

I don't give a **** what we "deserve" or "don't deserve"

Ok I'll curve my statement...

THIS TEAM PLAYS LIKE A 4th/5th SEED, IT DOES NOT PLAY LIKE A 1 SEED...

better for you? Proof is in the pudding, and the Texans are getting their ass handed to them yet again...

TexansLucky13
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/T+j+Yates+Houston+Texans+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+h3tj B_5S3JCl.jpg

:stirpot:

Textan
12-23-2012, 01:28 PM
All it takes is for one bad half for people to turn on the Texans like they spat on your mother. They played badly, but the game is still winnable and they can go to the Super Bowl.
It's a little more than one half.

ChrisG
I suppose you missed it a couple of years ago when Schaub had his arm separated from his shoulder, then went back into the game.

And I'm assuming you were taking a leak and missed the moment earlier this year when he had his ear hacked off and went back into the game.

Yeah, he's spineless.

He has had a few pays where he hung in there. Most times he goes down before contact and refuses to step up into the pocket = playing scared

amazing80
I have finally found a fan base less insightful than Atlanta. When RYan threw 5 interceptions a few weeks ago everyone knew it was just a bad game.

Kubiak is not wanting to take any risk with his starters right now. He is running vanilla stuff, and he only has one talented wideout. He cant afford to lose him.

Well come back in the second half, but this is in no way the team that will play in the second round of the playoffs.

Relax.

No, Schaub has always been nothing special, barely average, the scheme hides his negatives, but now that we need him to carry us some he cannot do it and more and more fans are noticing it and are being vociferous. We can still win this game today, but the point remains the same, we will struggle in the playoffs as soon as a team shuts down our run game, its that simple.

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 01:30 PM
i'd rather see the team just run every play rotating our 3 running backs than this crap.

Atl Cav
12-23-2012, 01:31 PM
No, Schaub has always been nothing special, barely average, the scheme hides his negatives, but now that we need him to carry us some he cannot do it and more and more fans are noticing it and are being vociferous. We can still win this game today, but the point remains the same, we will struggle in the playoffs as soon as a team shuts down our run game, its that simple.

I disagree. i dont think hes magical but he can execute.

We need for the line to step up, and we need for another receiver to appear.

We shouldnt need him to carry us, but we all need to step up.

Seriously. I think it is not dire. We will play better.

Hervoyel
We're seeing a team on the other side that's fighting for it's playoff life. We're in and right now that's enough to satisfy the Texans players. They're not making plays. This isn't on Kubiak, it's on the offensive line that's losing it's battle in the trenches and missing block. They can't stop the Vikings from busting up the running game because they don't want it as much as the Vikings do. Foster is shutting it down too. He's getting hit behind the line of scrimmage and he's starting to run the white flag up.

Schaub is just being Schaub and coming up short under the harsh light of expectations. In the second half he'll either regain his composure or try to do too much and throw the game away. Give you three guesses which one is more likely to happen.

The defense is for all their warts and mistakes holding AP in check and the Vikings to 13 points on the half. Considering how the offense keeps throwing them back out there I'm impressed overall with how hard they're trying. If they don't get some support from the other side of the ball in the second half they'll quit too and I won't blame them for it.

This isn't a coaching issue. This isn't on Kubiak. The players aren't making plays. The offense isn't executing. He can't run the frigging play for them. At some point they're going to have to take some responsibility for this and go out there and get it done.

fiasco west

People need to realize our Oline last year was one of the best.

Now it is just average. Oline has A LOT to do with your offense, these big guys out side of Center and LT are not really getting it done consistently.

NOT EXCUSING SCHAUB! But dudes in purple helmets are just coming back there every play this game.

GlenRice
12-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Put TJ in now!

Yes put TJ in, let the offense know this is not acceptable.

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 01:32 PM

Now it is just average. Oline has A LOT to do with your offense, these big guys out side of Center and LT are not really getting it done consistently.

NOT EXCUSING SCHAUB! But dudes in purple helmets are just coming back there every play this game.

agreed

Hervoyel
12-23-2012, 01:33 PM

That's ridiculous. This has been happening all season long. The offense goes fetal at the worst possible moments. It's beyond a single half or even a stretch of a week or two. It's a pattern that goes back years.

Texn4life
12-23-2012, 01:33 PM
We're seeing a team on the other side that's fighting for it's playoff life. We're in and right now that's enough to satisfy the Texans players. They're not making plays. This isn't on Kubiak, it's on the offensive line that's losing it's battle in the trenches and missing block. They can't stop the Vikings from busting up the running game because they don't want it as much as the Vikings do. Foster is shutting it down too. He's getting hit behind the line of scrimmage and he's starting to run the white flag up.

Schaub is just being Schaub and coming up short under the harsh light of expectations. In the second half he'll either regain his composure or try to do too much and throw the game away. Give you three guesses which one is more likely to happen.

The defense is for all their warts and mistakes holding AP in check and the Vikings to 13 points on the half. Considering how the offense keeps throwing them back out there I'm impressed overall with how hard they're trying. If they don't get some support from the other side of the ball in the second half they'll quit too and I won't blame them for it.

This isn't a coaching issue. This isn't on Kubiak. The players aren't making plays. The offense isn't executing. He can't run the frigging play for them. At some point they're going to have to take some responsibility for this and go out there and get it done.

I understand what you're saying and agree it's not all on Kubiak, but if a coach doesn't have his team prepared and mentally focused going into a big game then he has to be at fault somewhat.

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 01:34 PM

Most of these "football fans" are not intelligent enough to know that EVERYTHING starts with your offensive line.

eriadoc
Would you rather your team get hot toward the end of the season or do what we've seen our team do the past several weeks?

Surreal McCoy

**** me. Only on TT...and the Comical comments section...

amazing80
12-23-2012, 01:35 PM

Its a good point but my only point is, there will be times our run game is shut down, we're not perfect, but when this happens we need a QB who can carry us out of the funk and allow our run game to get back into the game by passing to open up the front 7, schaub has shown repeatedly he cannot do this

maybe Im wrong and he will come out this half and throw 400 yards and 4 tds and we crush the vikings, but if the past is any indication this wont happen

DX-TEX
Most of these "football fans" are not intelligent enough to know that EVERYTHING starts with your offensive line.

And this was happening on the Broncos, Patriots or Packers you would see thier QB getting them going. Schaub is too damn busy buying them TV.s

Surreal McCoy
TJ has heart .... something Matt knows nothing about.

Will heart run and pass block?

Rey
It really appears as if teams know every play we'll call, so I agree. Sometimes it's hard to change a system that's worked so good, but lately it's just not working so well.
I know the stats say the Texans have one of the top offenses, but stats aren't everything
Need some creativity during play off time. Something other teams would never expect.

The problem is that our offense has been fools gold for the most part. Matt schaub is not versatile enough. Not that he can't make plays. But he doesn't do it often enough. That's part of the reason you have a segment of tj Yates fans. No he's not as good as Matt. But when things break down he can do things Matt can't.

This offensive philosophy is not the problem. It's the reason Matt schaub looks as good as he does. It's the reason Jake delhomme came off the street and had a good game against the titans. Its why Yates ushered us into the play offs and won a play off game. It's why John beck looked decent. It's why leinart didn't suck. It's why kubiak took Jake Plummer and made him good. It's why a great player like elway took the system and treated the field like his canvass.

We can win with schaub. He doesn't suck. He's a good player. But he needs to be put in an ideal situation. He's not going consistently make plays off schedule. The end.

TheIronDuke
Lol, ck negged me because I negged his post comparing Schaub to kids in the Special Olympics, screw you ck, you're an awful poster.

ChrisG
12-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Will heart run and pass block?

Might b able to get rid of the ball and step into the pocket. Something schaub can not / wont do

Premier

even though tj was outmatched in his last playoff game, he was never overwhelmed by the moment.. ever.

TheMatrix31
And this was happening on the Broncos, Patriots or Packers you would see thier QB getting them going. Schaub is too damn busy buying them TV.s

Well damn, maybe I should be a Broncos, Patriots, or Packers fan then.

legacy_gt
Texans comeback and make adjustments to win! book it!

G27RR
Great play by Brady James

TexCanada
I guess those calling for TJ didn't watch the NE game?

This fan base is ridiculous. I'm hoping for a win to shut up our OWN fans. Sad.

TheMatrix31
I've never seen a fan base that is as spoiled and entitled as ours that is spoiled and entitled for no ****ing reason.

Goodness gracious, you know how many fans of other teams would KILL to have our team?

****ing spoiled brats.

Yes the team sucks dick today. Yes it's annoying. But really. Shut the **** up.

ChrisG
12-23-2012, 01:37 PM
I guess those calling for TJ didn't watch the NE game?

This fan base is ridiculous. I'm hoping for a win to shut up our OWN fans. Sad.

Yea coming in down by 30, how didnt he win that for us?

amazing80

well, "knowledgeable fans" know our offensive line may not be like last year's but they are damn good still

Atl Cav
Schaub is a loser and as long as he is our QB we will be losers.

Can you please step up your game too?

You are either 15 or incredibly dull.

We want the Texans to win, something they have done with Schaub more than anyo other team in football this year.

LEt's try and discuss how we believe the team can resume its momentum.

Or do we have to listen to you whime for another 60 minutes??

Thanks in advance for your efforts to become more insightful.

cuppacoffee
That was me.

And it's part of the reason why I don't think we are superbowl bound.

They can get into the play offs and flip a switch. But even if we somehow got to the superbowl (I'm not seeing that) I think we'd get killed there.

Schaub is not a good enough qb for how kubiak is calling plays right now. And the defense is not good enough at the LB positions.

Texans have played this way most of the season. Shiny record aside, I haven't liked how this team has been playing...

If we play like this in the play offs, anyone can beat us. Anyone.

Get real Rey

Noodle armed statue for a QB, one WR on a 53 man roster that can catch the damn ball and a RB who's best days are behind him.... add in a defense that is still in the midst of a chinese fire drill when the other team snaps the ball... whats to stop us?

Bright side? Won't a Vike win today hurt the Girls?

Son in law and three grandkids are at the game today. I texted him that if he leaves before the half he can beat the traffic..maybe.

:coffee:

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Our O line is fine .. our QB is the problem.

yeah? how's that 12 yards for foster workin out?

EllisUnit
12-23-2012, 01:39 PM
hmmm again..........

GlenRice
Texans haven't had a dominating defensive performance since they played the bears in week 9. We as a fan have the right to be concerned.

TheMatrix31
well, "knowledgeable fans" know our offensive line may not be like last year's but they are damn good still

Obviously our definition of "damn good" differs.

The Third Man
12-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Man, that was a pretty flimsy call.

EllisUnit
Not just the defnse, What about the O when is the last time they looked dominant ?

Atl Cav
It can resume its momentum by benching Matt.

Do I need to draw you a crayon picture?

I guess I cant get through to you. Mabye your Mommy or Daddy can explain a 12-2 record.

But you know, its much easier to hold your breath and turn blue.

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Oh really? We got them off the field on third down?

ChrisG
12-23-2012, 01:42 PM
I guess I cant get through to you. Mabye your Mommy or Daddy can explain a 12-2 record.

Yea and a 8-6 team is kicking our asses. People dont care about our record since we r in the playoffs. They r concerned this is what we will c in the payoffs. And if it is we are one and done

ChrisG
12-23-2012, 01:44 PM
And ST decides to join the failures today.

G27RR
Kmart! Edit - nevermind

EllisUnit

You feel confident in the play-offs with what you are seeing today ???

TheMatrix31
Yeah good job Casey. Not like we were looking for some ****ing momentum or anything.

Textan
12-23-2012, 01:45 PM

Ya, but but he got a cut ear.
Matt's not going anywhere for a while. We'll just have to remember scrambling ability. We witnessed it last year.
Sheesh, get a great return only to have a penalty.
Texans have been cursed by the karankawas.

amazing80
12-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Oh really? We got them off the field on third down?

Now lets hope our offense made some adjustments and they come out hot....

The Third Man
12-23-2012, 01:46 PM
They could call a hold like Casey got flagged for on every play.

TexanBacker93
Texans haven't had a dominating defensive performance since they played the bears in week 9. We as a fan have the right to be concerned.

Titans game. Colts game as far as I'm concerned.

tedr
And ST decides to join the failures today.

Yeah, they pretty much suck today, just like our offense.

EllisUnit
1.2 yard average hell yeah lets keep running.....

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 01:47 PM
it's really strange, i felt better going into last years playoffs than this year even with all our guys.

deucetx
These guys can't block a soul....

Premier
lets continue to run... :hurrah:

EllisUnit
Anyne ever notice we run more when we are losing than we do if tied or leading...

ChrisG
Lol false start

ChrisG
12-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Bench Schaub, that was terrible. He has been real bad the last 3 weeks

EllisUnit
Schaub shrivles up like a baby when schaub sees a guy within 5 yards....

TheMatrix31
Credit to the Vikings D. They are destroying us.

Austrian
Something has to change. 3 and out.

HJam72
12-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Anyne ever notice we run more when we are losing than we do if tied or leading...

Kubiak has to outsmart the opposing coach. Never-mind winning.

Pantherstang84
That's right keep booing.

The Third Man
That was feeble.

Txknife
The texans need a turnover that's the only way I see them getting back in this
Game

Atl Cav
You feel confident in the play-offs with what you are seeing today ???

Actually, I feel trwo things:

One, I think we are trying to protect Schaub, foster, and AJ, all of whom are coming off major injuries in the last year.

Secondly, I think our Oline is functioning well in spurts....Which leads me to believe it is an effort thing.

I believe we will be ready in the second game of the playoffs.

I actually believe we will "spurt" here in the second half because we have to.

But...We will see.

Thanks for asking

CloakNNNdagger
Schaub on that last play was debating whether to assume the position.......fetal that is.

ChrisG
12-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Matt Schaub is horrible .... admit it

I hate ur constant ripping of schaub but he is pretty bad. With a decent QB, this team would be completely unstoppable

Hervoyel
Think anyone will be asking why this place is "so grounded" next week? This team is just pathetic today.

BullBlitz
Unbelievably poor showing today. You'd think they didn't understand the importance of the game. As if just being in the playoffs is enough.

Nawzer
**** playcalling by Kubes. Making things difficult for his star qb.

mussop
Schaub is playing like a scared little *****.

Premier
as soon as schaubers was out of the pocket, the play was over.. no play making ability, none..

tedr
If we don't come back today, does anyone really think we stand a snowball's chance at winning next week at Indy, especially with Pagano coming back?

TexanBacker93
We really need a tipped pass pick 6 to get a spark.

dtran04
Time to abandon the run. O-Line getting whipped.

Textan
lets continue to run... :hurrah:
That insanity definition comes to mind. Saw it against NE in earnest.

Pantherstang84
12-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Now lets hope our offense made some adjustments and they come out hot....

Did that answer your question?

DX-TEX
We really need a tipped pass pick 6 to get a spark.

Insert TJ!!

EllisUnit
about fcking time.....

ChrisG
D doing it again, O losing it again.

TheMatrix31
Oh no way, we got a turnover?

amazing80
MAD credit to our defense, they are keeping us in this thing...

G27RR
12-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Momentum changer? Sure hope so! Way to go watt,

Txknife
The texans need a turnover that's the only way I see them getting back in this
Game

Well lets see if I'm a liar

Hervoyel
I've never seen a fan base that is as spoiled and entitled as ours that is spoiled and entitled for no ****ing reason.

Goodness gracious, you know how many fans of other teams would KILL to have our team?

****ing spoiled brats.

Yes the team sucks dick today. Yes it's annoying. But really. Shut the **** up.

You pull this same kind of post out every year when reality lands squarely on the Texans heads. Texans fans don't act entitled. They'd just like to know what it feels like to experience competent, consistent football for once in their existence.

LonerATO
If the O does nothing here.....

legacy_gt
we're getting our @ss handed on our own home field.

ChrisG
Schaub got some pressure and bitched out

JCTexan
**** yeah!

Rey
12-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Good job defense.

tedr
Is JJ the only one who came to play today?

EllisUnit
well well well Dbrown with a holdoing call.

ChrisG
Schaub immediately looks to throw it away when flushed

TexanSam
12-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Can Watt play RG or RT?

EllisUnit
schaub immediately looks to throw it away when flushed

every time !!!!

deucetx
Actually, I feel trwo things:

One, I think we are trying to protect Schaub, foster, and AJ, all of whom are coming off major injuries in the last year.

Secondly, I think our Oline is functioning well in spurts....Which leads me to believe it is an effort thing.

I believe we will be ready in the second game of the playoffs.

I actually believe we will "spurt" here in the second half because we have to.

But...We will see.

Thanks for asking

Respect your opinion but the whole 'protecting our players' is a stretch. You don't put them on the field and protect them because you don't control the other team. This is a sport if you aren't going 100% you get hurt. So no, he isn't protecting anyone. They simply are not playing well. There's a reason Kubiak huddled the offense on the sideline.

Kubiak said it himself. The goal is getting homefield. He would have to be an idiot to be okay having to travel to Denver or New England so there is no going halfway, no playing it safe. What you see is what you get. No excuses.

Now they need to fix it. Simple as that.

LonerATO
Is JJ the only one who came to play today?

Pretty much.

TexanBacker93
We needed to get a defensive score. The line isn't getting anything done.

TheMatrix31
Nice call, bro.

Austrian
There is Duane Brown's second hold his career.

EllisUnit
WTF plenty of time and he checks down........................

legacy_gt
very hard to set the pass when we cant run.

Premier
12-23-2012, 01:55 PM
how many 3rd and underneaths has schaubers thrown today...

ChrisG
Omfg. Gets flushed and has all kinds of time, what does he do? Dump it off short of the 1st

BullBlitz
Schaub immediately looks to throw it away when flushed

Yep. Like he thinks it's a smart move.

tedr
Thanks for that fumble recovery, D. Next time though, could you go ahead a score also?

Thanks,

Texans O

RTP2110
Nothing at all from the turnover. SMH

G27RR
Unbelievable

TheMatrix31
shut the **** up, Carmichael. We're down thirteen points.

ChrisG
12-23-2012, 01:56 PM
I wish Kubes had some balls and decided to set an example. BENCH SCHAUB, SEND A MSG

GuerillaBlack
Matt Schaub is so atheltic and mobile.

ziggy29
Respect your opinion but the whole 'protecting our players' is a stretch. You don't put them on the field and protect them because you don't control the other team. This is a sport if you aren't going 100% you get hurt. So no, he isn't protecting anyone. They simply are not playing well. There's a reason Kubiak huddled the offense on the sideline.

Kubiak said it himself. The goal is getting homefield. He would have to be an idiot to be okay having to travel to Denver or New England so there is no going halfway, no playing it safe. What you see is what you get. No excuses.

Now they need to fix it. Simple as that.

Agreed. If they already had HFA clinched, it might be another story. But frankly, this has not been an elite team over the last 6-7 weeks. At all. They've not looked anything like a 12-2 team (or even a 12-3 team) lately.

amazing80
Nice call, bro.

Please tell me you don't honestly think the play call was to check it down

EllisUnit
Well i was looking forward to the post season now i'm slightly dreading the early exit if we continue to play like the 2002 texans on offense.

Nawzer
AJ you gotta make that catch man!

LonerATO
shut the **** up, Carmichael. We're down thirteen points.

I hate to see guys jawing when they are losing.

Rey
Yep. Like he thinks it's a smart move.

It's not about him thinking it's a smart move. It's about ability.

DaTruthExplodes
2nd and long run the ball.

HORRID GAME BY KUBIAK AND SCHAUB.

sound familiar?

texan fans will never learn.

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Please tell me you don't honestly think the play call was to check it down

Sarcasm, *******.

Austrian
No way we're gonna score again today with Schaub in there.

Premier
very hard to set the pass when we cant run.

but schaub apologist love to bring up schaub leading the league in passing when we had the worst run game in the league..

Thorn
Did the entire team go out drinking last night or what? This is horrible.

Hervoyel
That last throw to Ben Tate was a perfect picture of our problems at QB. Schaub gets some pressure. He senses it and gets away from it BUT..... he's as slow as sloth and now he's got it in his head that they're closing in on him so he dumps it off to Tate who has no chance of picking up the first down because he's got three guys in front of him and is several yards away from the first down marker. Schaub doesn't even look down the field once he's rattled. Drive dies just like that.

amazing80
Sarcasm, *******.

:goodpost:

DX-TEX
12-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Letterman jackets, new TV's, Segways and episodes of on the nose for everyone!

BullBlitz
The defense keeps rescuing our offense, and the offense returns the favor by missing opportunities. Meanwhile, although the Vikings aren't so hot, they keep FGs.

ChrisG
that last throw to ben tate was a perfect picture of our problems at qb. Schaub gets some pressure. He senses it and gets away from it but..... He's as slow as sloth and now he's got it in his head that they're closing in on him so he dumps it off to tate who has no chance of picking up the first down because he's got three guys in front of him and is several yards away from the first down marker. Schaub doesn't even look down the field once he's rattled. Drive dies just like that.

+100

TexanBacker93
12-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Can't have that penalty.

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 02:00 PM
props to our d against peterson.

ChrisG
D makes a stop again. Off will equal another punt

amazing80
jeez, our defense is playing incredible right now what a waste

TexanBacker93
12-23-2012, 02:01 PM
The O will get a TD on this drive.

LonerATO
Letterman jackets, new TV's, Segways and episodes of on the nose for everyone!

You're really going to blame all of that on the team's play?

EllisUnit
The O will get a TD on this drive.

If we let the entire defense play offense this series than maybe.

Xcellerator
12-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Some screens and maybe short slants to get Schaub's confidence up? Lol. Please don't run with Foster..

CloakNNNdagger
The Texans O and D analyzing their game so far.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOZezcjdQ4CSGromQYo7YBRrRLfo72p makfvqjR5DZUfm7-gI3vA

Pantherstang84
If we let the entire defense play offense this series than maybe.

That radical idea just might work.

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 02:03 PM
comeback time!!!

DX-TEX

Distractions. You dont see shameless, self promotion like that from championship teams.

Showtime100
Schaub IS the rut.

Nawzer
Gotta score some points on this drive.

ChrisG

I think he ment they r drinking thier own kool aid not realizing its actually piss

Textan
Some screens and maybe short slants to get Schaub's confidence up? Lol. Please don't run with Foster..
What you expect you'll probably get. I'd love to be surprised.

EllisUnit
well he pulled Foster,,,,hmmm not who i would of pulled IF i were to pull anyone.

TexanSam
Distractions. You dont see shameless, self promotion like that from championship teams.

Yeah, cuz Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are never in commercials.

TexanBacker93
12-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Feed. The. Beast.

EllisUnit
amn that is the biggest hole i have ever seen from our oline haha

TheMatrix31
So is this what it's come down to? Even normally-good posters are going to be whiny, Schaub-bashing ****rags?

*sigh* I'm sorry, ignore list.

TexanBacker93
12-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Catch it OD

Austrian
AJ!! 1st down.

Textan
Daniels............C'mon man.

Premier
Yeah, cuz Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are never in commercials.

off-season, and they get those ads because theyve proven it on the field on the biggest stage..

ChrisG
AJ hurt

EllisUnit
Please not a groin

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 02:06 PM
schaub haters, he's listening to you lol

ChrisG
Schaub still could have thrown it. He got scared AGAIN

TexanBacker93
I just threw up in my mouth.

EllisUnit
12-23-2012, 02:07 PM
WHAT that was a TD

TheMatrix31
Damn!

LonerATO
About time the offense showed up today.

TheMatrix31
12-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Just pound it in. C'mon!

TexanBacker93
C'mon now!! Get'r done!

EllisUnit
Ok or not,,,, AF is a TD machine.....put him in.

ChrisG
Tate pound it in

legacy_gt
12-23-2012, 02:09 PM
foster?

TexanBacker93
No questions where the ball was going

ChrisG
Omfg, bench him now