PDA

View Full Version : Why is this place so guarded?

76Texan
12-21-2012, 02:39 PM
And y'all wonder about the bandwagon fans?

Hookem Horns
12-21-2012, 02:47 PM
And y'all wonder about the bandwagon fans?

Guarded? Explain. Not sure what you mean by that.

Thorn
12-21-2012, 02:49 PM
guard bird is watching you.

http://www.funxite.com/media/9829-the-royal-guard.jpg

Double Barrel
12-21-2012, 03:04 PM
guard bird is watching you.

And so is the groundhog...

http://www.mylargescale.com/1stclass/MikeReilley/squirrel%20with%20machine%20gun.jpg

badboy
12-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Ok, enjoying the pics but what is the thread about 76?

Texn4life
12-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Inquiring minds wanna know........ I'm pretty confused on this one too.

76Texan
12-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Inquiring minds wanna know........ I'm pretty confused on this one too.

Ain't we supposed to be all gaga about this coming game?

badboy
12-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Ain't we supposed to be all gaga about this coming game?Oh, are you talking about fans being guarded and not going gaga? Man this thread is like some of mine.

Tailgate
12-21-2012, 03:42 PM
We are playing for the #1 seed. This is huge, and I for one am pumped!!!!!

Thorn
12-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh, are you talking about fans being guarded and not going gaga? Man this thread is like some of mine.

Internet communication. Ain't it wonderful. LOL

But yeah, 76Texan, it seems quiet this week. Probably the week before Christmas has something to do with it.

ThaJokaa
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Wut?

EllisUnit
12-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Eveyone is locked in their bomb shelters and scared to come out and see what they might see.

htownfan32
12-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Eveyone is locked in their bomb shelters and scared to come out and see what they might see.

Non apocalyptic world.

Somewhat disappointed, I was looking forward to blasting a few zombies... :(

Texecutioner
12-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Anyone know what the OP is referring to?? I still don't.

mussop
12-21-2012, 07:35 PM
I have been one of the half empty guys but I think we are going to whip the dog sheet out of Minnesota. Wades defense is suspect against elite QB's (who's isn't) but we pretty much own one dimensional teams. They don't come more one dimensional than the Vikings.

ObsiWan
12-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Anyone know what the OP is referring to?? I still don't.

He's excited and wonders why everyone else isn't all fired up.
At least that's what I think he means.
:barman:

CloakNNNdagger
12-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Found at least one fan that's so excited, she can't hide it!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ICIDNYnCyo8/T2tQxGhRViI/AAAAAAAAA_A/t6I74rSTYYc/s1600/child-very-excited.jpg

False Start
12-21-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm pumped big time, but I try and not self up for a letdown. I like to try stay calm,cool,and collected. :texflag:

ObsiWan
12-21-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm pumped big time, but I try and not self up for a letdown. I like to try stay calm,cool,and collected. :texflag:

or as Thorn would say...
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmMIFrVFNf4imlrj77H-FwdxZ0v1lAbQcHIJM_NO-w5-y8Y-FPNA

SAMURAITEXAN
12-21-2012, 08:46 PM
I' d try with other thread like one more win lock AFC #1 seed.

Maybe due to the followings;

1. Feeling comfortable against the Vikes. Not worrying about it so much.

2. Experienced so much ups and downs in the past that need to win one more to believe it.

3. Holiday mode. (Not me, I already made my plan a long time ago)

When we lock AFC #1 seed, I am expecting more of gaga from fans.

Go Texans!!!

AFC South Champions!!!

ThaShark316
12-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Why????

Simple.

http://toptenbygentlemen.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/oilers.gif

EllisUnit
12-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Non apocalyptic world.

Somewhat disappointed, I was looking forward to blasting a few zombies... :(

No lie dude i was looking forward to that as well. Guess i will have to wait until there is no more room in hell, at the rate America is going that wont take long :gun:

Hervoyel
12-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Trying not to get too low or get too high.

Seems like good advice. It's working for the Texans this year so I figured I'd give it a try.

Thorn
12-21-2012, 09:12 PM
I said it in another thread, I'll say it again here. AP will get his yards and Houston will get the win.

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Houston this year. :hurrah:

76Texan
12-21-2012, 10:18 PM
I said it in another thread, I'll say it again here. AP will get his yards and Houston will get the win.

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Houston this year. :hurrah:

John Wayne brings more excitement than I've seen around here that's for sure, LOL!

badboy
12-21-2012, 11:06 PM
John Wayne brings more excitement than I've seen around here that's for sure, LOL!I had a similar thread week or two ago and most response was Oilers and Kubiak being conservative. Still I agree with you, not as big a deal as I thought it would be to others. I've been in stores this week and did not see one Texans shirt, jersey or cap.
Maybe this weekend? 13 & 2. How sweet it is!:thisbig:

Norg
12-21-2012, 11:36 PM
some of the fans are like the team

Biz nas has usual the Kubes mentality

PLay a clean 4 qtrs game no Flags and no turnovers

and RUn the ball alot

ajohnson80
12-22-2012, 12:12 AM
I have been one of the half empty guys but I think we are going to whip the dog sheet out of Minnesota. Wades defense is suspect against elite QB's (who's isn't) but we pretty much own one dimensional teams. They don't come more one dimensional than the Vikings.

Don't do this now. You have to stay half empty all year or you will jinx us!!!

mussop
12-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Don't do this now. You have to stay half empty all year or you will jinx us!!!

Your right! Look what Vick Ballard did to us last week. How are we goint to stop Peterson? Peterson is going to break the record against us. :fingergun:

Corrosion
12-22-2012, 12:43 AM

I think a lot of flaws have been exposed inrecent weeks , andafter the NE beat down , I think many fans realize that this team isnt the invincible machine it looked like earlier in the season - before injuries riddled the defense.

Not to mention the offenses inability to sustain drives or convert them into to touchdowns - see the 5 FG's in 6 attempts against the Dolts.

Take a look at the 105 yards some no name back put on them last week .... and the thought of facing AP isnt something Im looking forward to.

If they werent at home , I'd really be concerned.

silvrhand
12-22-2012, 01:09 AM

No cause I'm not comfortable with the way we are playing and I'm worried that it'll carry into the playoffs.

eriadoc
12-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Guarded? Nah, just busy. Plus, I have very little concern over this game. The Texans are going to whoop the Vikings, Duane Brown is going to flatten Jared Allen, and HFA will be secured. I'm not worried about anything until the playoffs.

infantrycak
12-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Guarded? Nah, just busy. Plus, I have very little concern over this game. The Texans are going to whoop the Vikings, Duane Brown is going to flatten Jared Allen, and HFA will be secured. I'm not worried about anything until the playoffs.

I do not want to see Jared Allen injured as much as I think he is dirty but I sure would like to see DB punk him. Will be a tough match up.

Showtime100
12-22-2012, 02:35 AM

Adrian Peterson on a mission and you have little concern? Good for you.

silentassassin
12-22-2012, 09:35 AM

When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object!

...One can hope. :whip:

Texn4life
12-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic........ I think I'll be able to breathe and relax a little bit once this game is over should we win. There's this little guy that we're playing against who wears #28 that has me somewhat nervous though. I hear that guy is pretty good.

thunderkyss
12-22-2012, 09:43 AM
No cause I'm not comfortable with the way we are playing and I'm worried that it'll carry into the playoffs.

I actually think we've been getting better since the Tennessee game. I know it's "shocking" to consider the Patriot game as "better" But that's where I'm at. We're getting better & will be playing our best football 3 to 4 weeks from now.

He needs 294 yards to break the record? Even on his best Cyborg day he won't run for 294 on us. He'll probably run for 150 & two scores (I doubt it), but that won't be enough for the Vikings to beat us at home.

coltfan123
12-22-2012, 09:50 AM
I had a similar thread week or two ago and most response was Oilers and Kubiak being conservative. Still I agree with you, not as big a deal as I thought it would be to others. I've been in stores this week and did not see one Texans shirt, jersey or cap.
Maybe this weekend? 13 & 2. How sweet it is!:thisbig:

you got to be kidding me? over here krogers has **** load of them...you figured be all colts stuff but since foster signed with krogers texans shirts are everywhere...you cant lead me to beleive no texans gear in houston...

76Texan
12-22-2012, 10:01 AM
There isn't a dominant team in this league.
The Broncos caught a few breaks against the lowly Raiders and the quasi-second teamers on defense of the Ravens.

A Raiders defenders' eyes got too big dreaming of the pick six he dropped the ball.

On the other hand, the Broncos got lucky when the opponents threw a pick six in the red zone, or the QB threw into double coverage while not even pressured.
Or the QB (flacco) fumbled the ball on a sneak.

When Holliday fumbled the ball, they didn't lose it (once in each game).

The Pats let the Niners walked all over them to a 31-3 lead.
They also struggled against the Dolphins recently, a team that we beat handily.

No, there's no guaranteed win in the play-offs (or at any time).
The fun is the journey itself.

Why would you want a team full of stars that dominates
everybody?

If you do, there's one on the east coast you may want to cheer for; that "dream" team, if you know what I'm talking about. :lol:

drs23
12-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Why????

Simple.

And there sir, is your answer.

SheTexan
12-22-2012, 11:32 AM
I've been reading, but, just don't care to comment much anymore! Ya show to much excitement on this board and SOMEONE will delight in shooting you down by calling you a "homer" or pretty much indicating you don't have enough football smarts to even post. SO, I've gotten to a point where I pick and choose who's post I care to read. Just to much negativity for me.

Truthfully, it's been hard to keep my keyboard silent. I'm so freaking excited about our venture this year I tear up just thinking about it. I want to SHOUT out and praise our team for what they have accomplished, but, all the negatives kill my excitement, so I pretty much stay away. I've admitted I'm a HOMER and proud of it. We have a DAMN good team this year, and I'm proud of them. I guess I wear my GRANDMA name pretty well, cause I protect my team just like I do my grandkids.. I know their faults, I just don't wanna hear someone else point them out, esp everyday. I'll stand with this team all the way to the end, whatever that might be. They've given me one of the most exciting years in football I have had in a very long time, and I am happy with that. GUARDED?? Yep, I'm not stup*d, I know our season could come to an end a lot sooner than I want, but, I am NOT disappointed in what our boys have done this year!!

76Texan
12-22-2012, 11:47 AM
I've been reading, but, just don't care to comment much anymore! Ya show to much excitement on this board and SOMEONE will delight in shooting you down by calling you a "homer" or pretty much indicating you don't have enough football smarts to even post. SO, I've gotten to a point where I pick and choose who's post I care to read. Just to much negativity for me.

Truthfully, it's been hard to keep my keyboard silent. I'm so freaking excited about our venture this year I tear up just thinking about it. I want to SHOUT out and praise our team for what they have accomplished, but, all the negatives kill my excitement, so I pretty much stay away. I've admitted I'm a HOMER and proud of it. We have a DAMN good team this year, and I'm proud of them. I guess I wear my GRANDMA name pretty well, cause I protect my team just like I do my grandkids.. I know their faults, I just don't wanna hear someone else point them out, esp everyday. I'll stand with this team all the way to the end, whatever that might be. They've given me one of the most exciting years in football I have had in a very long time, and I am happy with that. GUARDED?? Yep, I'm not stup*d, I know our season could come to an end a lot sooner than I want, but, I am NOT disappointed in what our boys have done this year!!
Just my kind of gal.:heart:

Hookem Horns
12-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Why????

Simple.

That explains why many of us are pessimistic and waiting for the other shoe to drop ..lol.

eriadoc
12-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Adrian Peterson on a mission and you have little concern?

Correct. Remember that game a couple years ago when Chris Johnson had 500 yards rushing or whatever it was and the Tacks lost 59-0 to the Pats? I see that sort of game, except we all know Kubiak is too polite to drop 59 on someone. Won't matter though. Texans roll.

Haha! There's a lot of truth in that, unfortunately.

infantrycak
12-22-2012, 03:03 PM

It is the nature of MB's as a reflection of human nature. People spend a lot more time bitching than they do running around throwing dandelions and hugs.

badboy
12-22-2012, 03:20 PM
you got to be kidding me? over here krogers has **** load of them...you figured be all colts stuff but since foster signed with krogers texans shirts are everywhere...you cant lead me to beleive no texans gear in houston...To clarify, I meant with people wearing them. I went to small independent grocer's today for potato salad I forgot at Walmart this A.M. & in both one guy in deli was wearing a hat.

I'm expecting to see our corners on islands a lot with safeties up. Little as he brings, I am glad Cody is back & hope James plays like an all pro. We should bang AP until he cries for mama; at least we can rotate guys on him and hopefully he will have to sit out some.

TEXANS84
12-22-2012, 03:30 PM
I don't see us as necessarily guarded, I see us acting like we've been there before.

House of Pain
12-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Why would you want a team full of stars that dominates everybody?

If you do, there's one on the east coast you may want to cheer for; that "dream" team, if you know what I'm talking about. :lol:

Dude...I'm not going to root for the Eagles...

ObsiWan
12-22-2012, 05:25 PM

Preach it Sistah!
Don't let the Debbie Downers infect you.
:ant:

SheTexan
12-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Preach it Sistah!
Don't let the Debbie Downers infect you.
:ant:

Been a tough week, so guess I'm a little testy today. Just lookin forward to tomorrow and sealing HFA. Come on guys, how exciting is that??!! We've never been in this position before. Not even as a diehard LUV YA BLUE gal! HFA throughout the playoffs!! CRAP, gives me chilly bumps just thinkin about it!!

I'm so tired right now I could drop, but, I'll be there loud and strong tomorrow. AP won't crack 100 yds, bet on it!!! JJ will prove to the NFL just why HE should be MVP this year, bet on that too!! :d::heart:

EllisUnit
12-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Been a tough week, so guess I'm a little testy today. Just lookin forward to tomorrow and sealing HFA. Come on guys, how exciting is that??!! We've never been in this position before. Not even as a diehard LUV YA BLUE gal! HFA throughout the playoffs!! CRAP, gives me chilly bumps just thinkin about it!!

I'm so tired right now I could drop, but, I'll be there loud and strong tomorrow. AP won't crack 100 yds, bet on it!!! JJ will prove to the NFL just why HE should be MVP this year, bet on that too!! :d::heart:

Agree luckily for me i AM a homer and it only makes me all the more happy to be called one :)

Texan_Bill
12-22-2012, 06:48 PM
No wonder my doctor tried to put me on meds.... :gun:

ObsiWan
12-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Agree luckily for me i AM a homer and it only makes me all the more happy to be called one :)
Charter Member BA-BEEE!!
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvo6933GT1Vpn9TIMPhsta90U-4BlS1gwX-TiIQze0rqkQpVprtg
:texanbill:

SAMURAITEXAN
12-23-2012, 04:07 AM

Don't be shy SheTexan! Let that homerism out. Just ignore those negative stuff!!! We waited long enough! One more win and we will be AFC #1 seed team!!! That's a heck of accomplishment!!! So, let it all out!

Go Texans!!!
AFC South Champions!!! (Again:doot:)

76Texan
12-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Charter Member BA-BEEE!!
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvo6933GT1Vpn9TIMPhsta90U-4BlS1gwX-TiIQze0rqkQpVprtg
:texanbill:

Don't be shy SheTexan! Let that homerism out. Just ignore those negative stuff!!! We waited long enough! One more win and we will be AFC #1 seed team!!! That's a heck of accomplishment!!! So, let it all out!

Go Texans!!!
AFC South Champions!!! (Again:doot:)
Now that's the spirit.

Go Texans!

FirstTexansFan
12-23-2012, 07:20 AM
If enough Sunshiny folks post, it overwhelms the darkside... make me shiny folks.. POST positive vibes... I'm by nature a pessimist, but you can change us naysayers one at a time :)

On a side note, I expect after todays win, we'll see this place explode :koolaid:

Grams
12-23-2012, 07:42 AM
This place is guarded because of the Oilers.

It will stay that way till the Texans change the history of football in Houston.

I grew up in New England and a Red Sox fan. I have seen them lose the 7th game of a World Series 3 times. For 86 years they could not win a Championship. Then 2004 happened.

Until the Texans erase the memories of the Oilers' failures, I think it will always be a little guarded in hope and expectations until we win it all.

CloakNNNdagger
12-23-2012, 09:45 AM
http://img.xiaba.cvimage.cn/4cbc29c0669f4948347c0000.jpg

76Texan
12-23-2012, 09:49 AM
It's game day, let your guard down, folks.

Let it all hang out! :hurrah:

ChampionTexan
12-23-2012, 10:17 AM
http://img.xiaba.cvimage.cn/4cbc29c0669f4948347c0000.jpg

From one of your medical books?

brakos82
12-23-2012, 10:33 AM
From one of your medical books?

Might wanna have that checked out ya know. :kitten:

GP
12-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Internet communication. Ain't it wonderful. LOL

But yeah, 76Texan, it seems quiet this week. Probably the week before Christmas has something to do with it.

I am in ****ing Brownwood TX which means NO VERIZON which means no Internet, especially since my mom and dad have no Internet (even though they had been intending to get Internet since NOVEMBER!).

So where am I right now??? At a freaking McDonalad's in Brownwood, with 15 mouth breathers. No, seriously: People with 3 teeth, combined, ripped jeans and stained shirts...salt of the earth types. All for WI-FI!!! For glorious, functioning WI-FI!

So yeah, that's why I haven't been around to talk football.

How in the hell can a city THIS large not have Verizon? I've been to Red River, NM, population 750, in the MOUNTAINS (down in a hole, actually, surrounded by mountains) and I still had a cell phone signal. But Brownwood? Noooooo! No sir. Uh-uh. No way, Jose. No, unless you ave AT&T you're screwed here. It's like an alternate planet here.

I guess AT&T has a mafia that ran Verizon out of Brownwood. God I hate this place. Merry Christmas.

GP
12-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Now on to yahoo.com to set my roster for the day.

Have fun, I won't be able to talk football during the game since I'm headed back to the parents' house in a bit (thank goodness they have DirecTV and my dad has Sunday Ticket).

BTW, I gave them the gift of Wi-Fi last year....but for some reason their ISP went down and they haven't switched to a new company yet. Yay. I swear, I muscle them into the age of wi-fi and they can't stay up with it. It's maddening. LOL. Small stuff, I know, but 3 days without wi-fi is cruel & unusual punishment in this day and age.

EllisUnit
12-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Now on to yahoo.com to set my roster for the day.

Have fun, I won't be able to talk football during the game since I'm headed back to the parents' house in a bit (thank goodness they have DirecTV and my dad has Sunday Ticket).

BTW, I gave them the gift of Wi-Fi last year....but for some reason their ISP went down and they haven't switched to a new company yet. Yay. I swear, I muscle them into the age of wi-fi and they can't stay up with it. It's maddening. LOL. Small stuff, I know, but 3 days without wi-fi is cruel & unusual punishment in this day and age.

Tough it out, but dont look over at cledius's wife/sister. He might get angry and you know what happens when you get a redneck angry ? PAIN :good:

eriadoc
12-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Correct. Remember that game a couple years ago when Chris Johnson had 500 yards rushing or whatever it was and the Tacks lost 59-0 to the Pats? I see that sort of game, except we all know Kubiak is too polite to drop 59 on someone. Won't matter though. Texans roll.

I would just like to point out that today is what happens when you have blind faith in the Texans. I was wrong.

Say Watt
12-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Why is this place so guarded? Did today answer your question?

qqert
12-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Why is this place so guarded? Did today answer your question?

say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat t?

76Texan
12-23-2012, 03:59 PM
I blame it on all the bad vibes, LOL.

Man, I promise you it doesn't hurt at all to be positive.
It's a set back, yes, but it's always better to come out of it with less negativity.

It works for me. I ain't bitching hardly after a loss (doesn't mean that I don't criticize what went wrong).

Showtime100
12-23-2012, 04:16 PM
I would just like to point out that today is what happens when you have blind faith in the Texans. I was wrong.

I hear ya. I thought AD would be the reason but it turns out there were many, and mostly from the Texans offensive woes.

I'm still hopeful in that potentially no damage could come from this loss, but it feels pretty ugly at the moment.

Shoot, I'm beginning to think a road AFC Championship game, assuming we are involved, would be just what the doctor ordered. The Texans at home just doesn't inspire my confidence at the moment.