PDA

View Full Version : I saw something today, and it involved #23

ThaShark316
12-16-2012, 05:08 PM
That run game got BETTER as the game went on.

Foster making people miss is one thing. The gaping holes on quite a few plays is another. Is this merely the sun shining on a dog's ass? That's possible, but I don't see that. OL had a damn good day today, and maybe this is a sign of "we're about to start giving Foster (sprinkle in a little Tate) the ball A LOT more as the season wanes and the playoffs begin".

I fully expect to see Arian get another 30+ totes next week.

Steleehin
12-16-2012, 05:13 PM

Foster making people miss is one thing. The gaping holes on quite a few plays is another. Is this merely the sun shining on a dog's ass? That's possible, but I don't see that. OL had a damn good day today, and maybe this is a sign of "we're about to start giving Foster (sprinkle in a little Tate) the ball A LOT more as the season wanes and the playoffs begin".

yes i think he always plays better as the game progresses ,playing from behind has not helped

76Texan
12-16-2012, 05:16 PM

Newton and Graham help, there's no doubt about it.

CloakNNNdagger
12-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Kubiak got away from his stubborn unsuccessful up the middle plays right into abrick wall......and began deferring to runs to the outside.

silvrhand
12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Kubiak got away from his stubborn unsuccessful up the middle plays right into abrick wall......and began deferring to runs to the outside.

I was about to come unglued in the stands today, we ran zone right how many times in a row to start the game? Kubiak's play calling today was HORRAWFUL, I don't even know what to say, ultra conservative?

BeerTastesLikeVictory
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
He did look better toward the end, but it seems he is still missing the cutback. Maybe it's just me but on the one run he lost about 5-6 yards in the 3rd or 4th quarter it seemed like there was a cutback lane a mile wide.

Bulls on Parade
12-16-2012, 06:13 PM
I fully expect to see Arian out-rush Adrian Peterson. How about that?

76Texan
12-16-2012, 06:17 PM
He did look better toward the end, but it seems he is still missing the cutback. Maybe it's just me but on the one run he lost about 5-6 yards in the 3rd or 4th quarter it seemed like there was a cutback lane a mile wide.

LOL, let's cut him.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
12-16-2012, 06:21 PM
LOL, let's cut him.

I was far from saying that, lets not mince words here. I still think he is one of the best in the league, just missing what used to seem was his bread and butter on most plays. Then again I'm sure the O line has a bit to do with that.

76Texan
12-16-2012, 06:24 PM
I was far from saying that, lets not mince words here. I still think he is one of the best in the league, just missing what used to seem was his bread and butter on most plays. Then again I'm sure the O line has a bit to do with that.

Just having fun, dude!

The guy in your Sig is also missing his bread and butter, too. :)

GuerillaBlack
12-16-2012, 06:31 PM

Yeah, I remember the play you were talking about. I was almost sure he was going to take the cutback because it was so damn big, but he didn't and just got caught up back there.

GP
12-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Newton and Graham help, there's no doubt about it.

THIS ^^^. As was discussed this week in threads on this mb.

Newton is a keeper. Graham is intergal on many levels.

But I will say that I don't think Foster is seeing that cutback to his left like he did last season. Still trying too hard to shimmy through small gaps in the interior of the OL. Almost pathologically, IMO, as if it's a sin to make that hard cutback to the left.

Then again, the guy is SUCH a thinker....makes me wonder if he's rope-a-doping for when he needs it most, as in IN JANUARY most.

amazing80
12-16-2012, 06:39 PM
I fully expect to see Arian out-rush Adrian Peterson. How about that?

Im a homer, but not me. AP is on fire and I fully expect him to light us up nest weekend, I just hope our offense stays consistent and hope our oline can stop Jared Allen, because he likes taking nasty shots on QBs similar to Suh.

TexansRule1
12-16-2012, 06:44 PM
I thought we made adjustments to our blocking scheme at halftime based on how the Colts were playing us and we ran much better in 2nd half.

hradhak
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
I think foster has had his worst pro season this year. Good to see him getting yards against teams we should be able to run on. I hope he carries it tobthe playoffs. Still wanna see more tate reps tho

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2