PDA

View Full Version : This team's in trouble

GlenRice
12-16-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't care if they beat the colts, this team is fluke. The secondary is terrible. If the D line doesn't put pressure on QB in one play you can count on a long completion. The offense is inconsistent at times. The special teams is one the worst in the NFL. This team will not make it in the Superbowl let alone wining it.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Never thought I'd say that I am happy to see Keo get in the game. Yeah, that big Colts TD at the end of the half was squarely on Demps as he sat flat-footed awed at Luck's athleticism as dude ran right past him.

Demps has been fk'n up too many times, too long. I've got my eyes on Brandon Harris too, some of the calls against him are bull, but that last holding call, no doubt.... that was on him. May have saved a TD, I don't know. So he's got a little rope. But he needs to get his head out of his colon & get it into the game.

MEGA SWATT
12-16-2012, 03:06 PM
You should have your new thread privileges taken away. You could have posted this in the game day thread.

11-2.

When you don't care that the team you are supposedly a fan of WINS, that is fail imo.

ziggy29
12-16-2012, 03:28 PM
You should have your new thread privileges taken away. You could have posted this in the game day thread.

11-2.

When you don't care that the team you are supposedly a fan of WINS, that is fail imo.
Agreed, but in reality this hasn't been a very good football team over the last 4-5 weeks despite the record. Needing OT to beat two bad teams, a lackluster win over the Titans, getting blown out by the Pats and now today, where the Texans will have to hang on for dear life if they win today, they have simply not been the team that sprinted out to a 7-1 record in the first half.

AMartin56
12-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Agreed, but in reality this hasn't been a very good football team over the last 4-5 weeks despite the record. Needing OT to beat two bad teams, a lackluster win over the Titans, getting blown out by the Pats and now today, where the Texans will have to hang on for dear life if they win today, they have simply not been the team that sprinted out to a 7-1 record in the first half.

That is what scares me. Looks like we'll beat Indy. But it's hardly the angry 'we're going to take last week out on you' beat down I was hoping for. The other 12-2 team is blowing people out, and teams with lesser records are peaking while we continue to struggle...

Goatcheese
12-16-2012, 04:02 PM
A double digit victory over a playoff team is struggling and hanging on for dear life?

Crack. Smoke less of it.

ziggy29
12-16-2012, 04:07 PM
A double digit victory over a playoff team is struggling and hanging on for dear life?

Crack. Smoke less of it.
When it was 23-17, the Colts just scored a facepalm-easy TD on the ground and had momentum it wasn't a "double digit" game and at the time it did look like it would be a struggle to hold it.

But go ahead and be insulting if that's your style. I won't go there. I'm certainly glad for the wins and that this team is usually finding ways to win without its "A" game, but this hasn't been a team that has looked like a 12-2 team over the last 5 games or so.

Premier
12-16-2012, 04:09 PM
the secondary isnt terrible, its actually because of the talent back there that we play man 90% of the time. pass rush outside of jj needs to step up.. its tough to leave guys 1 on 1 for long periods of time. especially when you have qbs that can make plays out of the pocket..

ATXtexanfan
12-16-2012, 04:09 PM

Crack. Smoke less of it.

You see what Denver did at Baltimore plus we already seen what Brady and the boys got. Not about record its about playoffs versus the best

DexmanC
12-16-2012, 04:11 PM
After years of watching this team rack up every stat in the book, but leave
the wins on the field, my complaints this season are purely constructive.

They have been leaving with the most important stat of them all, WINS,
in 12 of their 14 games. That's the best percentage in the NFL, and it's
also the most important.

Now it's time to clinch the #1 seed by winning the next 2 games. I just don't
see New England losing to San Francisco AT Foxboro.

MEGA SWATT
12-16-2012, 04:11 PM
you should have your new thread privileges taken away. You could have posted this in the game day thread.

11-2.

When you don't care that the team you are supposedly a fan of wins, that is fail imo.

12-2

fixed

TexCanada
12-16-2012, 04:13 PM

also the most important.

Yes! For years we have been arguing about moral victories in losses. This team has its flaws, but they're a darn good football team who are now 12-2.

Goatcheese
12-16-2012, 04:13 PM
When it was 23-17, the Colts just scored a facepalm-easy TD on the ground and had momentum it wasn't a "double digit" game and at the time it did look like it would be a struggle to hold it.

But go ahead and be insulting if that's your style. I won't go there. I'm certainly glad for the wins and that this team is usually finding ways to win without its "A" game, but this hasn't been a team that has looked like a 12-2 team over the last 5 games or so.

Maybe you should wait until the game is over before you post nonsense. Then you wouldn't come across like a person under the influence.

ziggy29
12-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Maybe you should wait until the game is over before you post nonsense. Then you wouldn't come across like a person under the influence.

Guess we have no need for game threads then, do we? If we're all supposed to withhold comments or judgment until the game is over, good grief.

Marcus
12-16-2012, 04:17 PM
This team is 12-2. I'm happy for that.

But . . . It's 12 wins and 2 humiliations against teams that have elite QBs.

Do I like our chances in the playoffs against these teams with their elite QBs? You can figure that one out for yourselves.

AMartin56
12-16-2012, 04:17 PM
We have zero chance to win a road playoff game unless we step things up quite a bit (and recent history says we won't...I think you could make the argument that the last COMPLETE game we played was vs. The Ravens) . So winning out is looking to be a must at this point. And I'm not sure we beat Indy in Indy after how we played today.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 04:21 PM
You see what Denver did at Baltimore plus we already seen what Brady and the boys got. Not about record its about playoffs versus the best

Good points.

Hopefully we've got time to get better.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 04:22 PM
We have zero chance to win a road playoff game unless we step things up quite a bit (and recent history says we won't...I think you could make the argument that the last COMPLETE game we played was vs. The Ravens) . So winning out is looking to be a must at this point. And I'm not sure we beat Indy in Indy after how we played today.

If we take care of business, we won't be playing any road play-off games.

EllisUnit
12-16-2012, 04:22 PM
I don't care if they beat the colts, this team is fluke. The secondary is terrible. If the D line doesn't put pressure on QB in one play you can count on a long completion. The offense is inconsistent at times. The special teams is one the worst in the NFL. This team will not make it in the Superbowl let alone wining it.

This team is in a little funk on both offense and defense and have till won 7 out of 8 of their last games. Get out of here with that B.S dude. i see why you have red rep.

Rey
12-16-2012, 04:24 PM

We have more than 0 chance.

I wouldn't put my money on it, but I hope we could pull it out.

Wolf
12-16-2012, 04:24 PM

Do I like our chances in the playoffs against these teams with their elite QBs? You can figure that one out for yourselves.

I am hoping Brady and manning meet up in the divisional round . I dont see us beating those two back to back to go to the super bowl

76Texan
12-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Record is the número UNO.

I couldn't care less if every opponent we meet in the play-offs get 200 more yards than us.

I'll take the win!

Norg
12-16-2012, 04:29 PM
maybe maybe not who knows can predict the future based on what u see on paper

Showtime100
12-16-2012, 04:29 PM

I'm so embarrassed for you.

GP
12-16-2012, 04:30 PM

This.

BFD, we won the AFCS.

I said I would reserve judgment of Andrew Luck until today.

Well, I wish he were OUR quarterback. All I learned today is that if the Colts invest wisely on their OL every year, the Colts will be the team to beat a year or so from now. They have a QB who can run when he has to, he runs right up to the LOS and delivers pinpoint strikes that his young WRs sometimes drop, but will learn (after having practice time with Luck) to hold onto in the future.

The window for the Texans is now, and maybe 2013. 2014, IMO, will be a rough season because Schaub isn't getting better (he remains average at best) and Luck, well...the guy is going to be good when the team grows with him.

Yay, congrats to Texans. You could have had a 2-point lead had it not been for Braman scoring a ST TD today. 2 point lead. Let that soak in for awhile.

Gary Kubiak, I'm sorry, he's a **** coach on game days. Every single possession except maybe 2 this year, that were inside our own 10, he ends up turtling up and begging Wade's juggernaut JJ Watt to get us the ball back. And they do, and we end up turtling up again, rinse, repeat...it's patented Gary Kubiak.

This team has an average HC and an equally average QB, and the whole offense is soft if things don't line up beautifully for them. They have to have everything go right for them to move the ball. Finesse. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Lombardi was right about us then. And it's still true today. Finesse. Soft. Lack of a toughness and an edge when backed up to a wall. It's 3 and out, punt, same old song and dance.

This is why the better teams beat us. The Packers and the Patriots of the NFL have no trouble with a team like the Texans.

So yeah, we need to get HFA or we're screwed. End of story.

Congrats to the Texans. You still have to contain Adrian ALL DAY Peterson who is racking up 100+ games on a weekly basis. Good luck with that. Especially with a Texans offense that works only when it wants to, led by a coach who is as finicky as a cat who turns its nose up at whatever you serve it for dinner.

I'm sorry, people can say whatever hateful **** they want to say to me. Go for broke, do your worst. Come at me. I don't care. This team is still Oilers Strong like the old days. Did you hear the after game crew? Did you hear them? Boomer, Cowher, they're saying **** like "Yes, the Texans after a humiliating loss on the road come back to their dome and they do very well in the dome. They got it done today." And "Atlanta and Houston, both dome teams, get back in their domes and handle business today."

Well hell, isn't that a backhanded compliment! In other words, what is being said without really saying it, is this: Those two teams can't play worth a **** out in the open and they need their home field to win. Lovely.

I guess one good thing is the SB is in a dome. So we've got THAT going for us, which is nice.

http://kategale.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/8_22caddyshack.jpg

The Third Man
12-16-2012, 04:31 PM
With all due respect, the thread starter needs to be pistol whipped.

MEGA SWATT
12-16-2012, 04:33 PM
this.

Bfd, we won the afcs.

I said i would reserve judgment of andrew luck until today.

Well, i wish he were our quarterback. All i learned today is that if the colts invest wisely on their ol every year, the colts will be the team to beat a year or so from now. They have a qb who can run when he has to, he runs right up to the los and delivers pinpoint strikes that his young wrs sometimes drop, but will learn (after having practice time with luck) to hold onto in the future.

The window for the texans is now, and maybe 2013. 2014, imo, will be a rough season because schaub isn't getting better (he remains average at best) and luck, well...the guy is going to be good when the team grows with him.

Yay, congrats to texans. You could have had a 2-point lead had it not been for braman scoring a st td today. 2 point lead. Let that soak in for awhile.

Gary kubiak, i'm sorry, he's a **** coach on game days. Every single possession except maybe 2 this year, that were inside our own 10, he ends up turtling up and begging wade's juggernaut jj watt to get us the ball back. And they do, and we end up turtling up again, rinse, repeat...it's patented gary kubiak.

This team has an average hc and an equally average qb, and the whole offense is soft if things don't line up beautifully for them. They have to have everything go right for them to move the ball. Finesse. I can't believe i'm saying this, but lombardi was right about us then. And it's still true today. Finesse. Soft. Lack of a toughness and an edge when backed up to a wall. It's 3 and out, punt, same old song and dance.

This is why the better teams beat us. The packers and the patriots of the nfl have no trouble with a team like the texans.

So yeah, we need to get hfa or we're screwed. End of story.

Congrats to the texans. You still have to contain adrian all day peterson who is racking up 100+ games on a weekly basis. Good luck with that. Especially with a texans offense that works only when it wants to, led by a coach who is as finicky as a cat who turns its nose up at whatever you serve it for dinner.

I'm sorry, people can say whatever hateful **** they want to say to me. Go for broke, do your worst. Come at me. I don't care. This team is still oilers strong like the old days. Did you hear the after game crew? Did you hear them? Boomer, cowher, they're saying **** like "yes, the texans after a humiliating loss on the road come back to their dome and they do very well in the dome. They got it done today." and "atlanta and houston, both dome teams, get back in their domes and handle business today."

well hell, isn't that a backhanded compliment! In other words, what is being said without really saying it, is this: Those two teams can't play worth a **** out in the open and they need their home field to win. Lovely.

I guess one good thing is the sb is in a dome. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

12-2

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Yay, congrats to Texans. You could have had a 2-point lead had it not been for Braman scoring a ST TD today. 2 point lead. Let that soak in for awhile.

It is what it is. Who knows how the game would have played out, if they'd have just punted the ball. We could have scored 7 there. We don't know.

But everybody plays different, depending on what the score is. Them & us.

GP
12-16-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm so embarrassed for you.

Cheer up, you can be embarrassed for all of us if we don't get HFA and end up playing the Patriots in their house again.

Seriously, if you've learned nothing of this team by now...it's that this team is soft. It's fun to be thrilled with a win. Isn't it? As if there's nobody who can stop us. Think back to SNF vs. Packers. Think back to MNF vs. Patriots.

If somebody here thinks this team is a fluke, they might just be correct.

I expected an utter beatdown of the Colts today. Instead, I think Andrew Luck has to feel very VERY happy about the future as a Colts QB.

ziggy29
12-16-2012, 04:36 PM
With all due respect, the thread starter needs to be pistol whipped.

Indeed, 12-2 teams aren't "in trouble". But that doesn't mean the last few weeks have given me a warm fuzzy about our chances in the playoffs. It's fair (I think) to suggest this team hasn't been playing up to its record in recent weeks and hoping it finds early-season form before the playoffs come. But that doesn't mean the team is "in trouble". It's not.

powda
12-16-2012, 04:37 PM
I am hoping Brady and manning meet up in the divisional round . I dont see us beating those two back to back to go to the super bowl

Good post. I dont see us besting 2 great qb's in a row either. Imagine facing Manning, Brady, and then Rodgers in the Sb. What are the chances you think we pull that off? Not so good.

amazing80
12-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Honestly it seemed like the entire team clicked in the 4th quarter, Im interested to see if they can carry this over with them. Now would be the time for the offense to get hot and gain rhythm and make opposing teams abandon the run

GP
12-16-2012, 04:38 PM
12-2

That's awesome.

The Packers and the Patriots didn't give two ****s about our record.

That reg season record isn't a force field, it's not an invisibility cloak. This Texans team is flawed at the HC position, and I'm frankly just tired of knowing it and thinking wins and our record is somehow proof that we can handle the elite teams.

I do think IF we get HFA, we have a chance. A chance.

Anybody else who thinks today's clinch = Super Bowl...well, fine. Have fun with that.

MEGA SWATT
Cheer up, you can be embarrassed for all of us if we don't get HFA and end up playing the Patriots in their house again.

Seriously, if you've learned nothing of this team by now...it's that this team is soft. It's fun to be thrilled with a win. Isn't it? As if there's nobody who can stop us. Think back to SNF vs. Packers. Think back to MNF vs. Patriots.

If somebody here thinks this team is a fluke, they might just be correct.

I expected an utter beatdown of the Colts today. Instead, I think Andrew Luck has to feel very VERY happy about the future as a Colts QB.

WGAS about Andrew Luck - it's no guarantee - he could get hurt, he could continue to throw picks, he could have a terrible sophomore year, he could have key injuries to his weapons, the defense could regress. Relax bro and enjoy the NOW.

nytexan

also the most important.

Now it's time to clinch the #1 seed by winning the next 2 games. I just don't
see New England losing to San Francisco AT Foxboro.

I couldn't agree with you more, let Denver and New England fight it out to get to us in the AFC championship game. Nothing else in the AFC looks good enough to beat us in the Divisional game. Baltimore-Bengals-Colts-Steelers don't look good enough to come in here and win. Home field throughout is key to this team getting to SBowl.

MEGA SWATT
12-16-2012, 04:40 PM
That's awesome.

That reg season record isn't a force field, it's not an invisibility cloak. This Texans team is flawed at the HC position, and I'm frankly just tired of knowing it and thinking wins and our record is somehow proof that we can handle the elite teams.

Anybody else who thinks today's clinch = Super Bowl...well, fine. Have fun with that.

12-2 is a fact, not an opinion. K

ATXtexanfan
12-2

So if this team is 0-1 playoffs you gonna throw up the season record, no one cares about the regular season. We all knew we would win the division and get in the playoffs. The PLAYOFFS is all that matters and anything less than a superbowl is a failure. We all realize we are at a mismatch versus the elite. Brady went undefeated one year and lost the superbowl. He would call that season a failure and so would all patriots fans

EllisUnit
This.

BFD, we won the AFCS.

I said I would reserve judgment of Andrew Luck until today.

Well, I wish he were OUR quarterback. All I learned today is that if the Colts invest wisely on their OL every year, the Colts will be the team to beat a year or so from now. They have a QB who can run when he has to, he runs right up to the LOS and delivers pinpoint strikes that his young WRs sometimes drop, but will learn (after having practice time with Luck) to hold onto in the future.

The window for the Texans is now, and maybe 2013. 2014, IMO, will be a rough season because Schaub isn't getting better (he remains average at best) and Luck, well...the guy is going to be good when the team grows with him.

Gary Kubiak, I'm sorry, he's a **** coach on game days. Every single possession except maybe 2 this year, that were inside our own 10, he ends up turtling up and begging Wade's juggernaut JJ Watt to get us the ball back. And they do, and we end up turtling up again, rinse, repeat...it's patented Gary Kubiak.

This team has an average HC and an equally average QB, and the whole offense is soft if things don't line up beautifully for them. They have to have everything go right for them to move the ball. Finesse. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Lombardi was right about us then. And it's still true today. Finesse. Soft. Lack of a toughness and an edge when backed up to a wall. It's 3 and out, punt, same old song and dance.

This is why the better teams beat us. The Packers and the Patriots of the NFL have no trouble with a team like the Texans.

So yeah, we need to get HFA or we're screwed. End of story.

Congrats to the Texans. You still have to contain Adrian ALL DAY Peterson who is racking up 100+ games on a weekly basis. Good luck with that. Especially with a Texans offense that works only when it wants to, led by a coach who is as finicky as a cat who turns its nose up at whatever you serve it for dinner.

I'm sorry, people can say whatever hateful **** they want to say to me. Go for broke, do your worst. Come at me. I don't care. This team is still Oilers Strong like the old days. Did you hear the after game crew? Did you hear them? Boomer, Cowher, they're saying **** like "Yes, the Texans after a humiliating loss on the road come back to their dome and they do very well in the dome. They got it done today." And "Atlanta and Houston, both dome teams, get back in their domes and handle business today."

Well hell, isn't that a backhanded compliment! In other words, what is being said without really saying it, is this: Those two teams can't play worth a **** out in the open and they need their home field to win. Lovely.

I guess one good thing is the SB is in a dome. So we've got THAT going for us, which is nice.

Ummm GP we agree on a lot but come on man sure this team has been in a funk lately and kubiak has sort of been scared with the play calling, but we have the talent to beat anyone.

AJ, Foster, Watt all have the ability to change games. We will be fine man

GP
12-16-2012, 04:41 PM
WGAS about Andrew Luck - it's no guarantee - he could get hurt, he could continue to throw picks, he could have a terrible sophomore year, he could have key injuries to his weapons, the defense could regress. Relax bro and enjoy the NOW.

I enjoyed the NOW last year.

I enjoyed the NOW prior to the Patriots game this year.

I won't be easily persuaded to be light-hearted and carefree until this team is playing in the SB. They have a chance, but it hinges on HFA. And Denver is being relentless and we've got two more games to go...and the Pats, I don't think they let up one inch the rest of the way.

We're Top 3, probably Team 2 out of the Top 3 teams in the AFC.

I got your PM, and I agree thatr anything can happen...but we aren't getting a badass young QB anytime soon. They re-up'd Schaub, he's here for a long time. And the Colts? Yeah, they made their own luck with getting Luck. It sucks.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Indeed, 12-2 teams aren't "in trouble". But that doesn't mean the last few weeks have given me a warm fuzzy about our chances in the playoffs. It's fair (I think) to suggest this team hasn't been playing up to its record in recent weeks and hoping it finds early-season form before the playoffs come. But that doesn't mean the team is "in trouble". It's not.

I guarantee you most NYG fans didn't like their chances to win a Super Bowl when they were 9-7. Neither did the GreenBay Packers when they went in as a Wild Card.

The last 15 weeks have been the longerst 15 weeks of the year for every NFL player. The next 6 (or whatever it is) is going to seem even longer.

You don't need to feel comfortable about our chances to win the Super Bowl. I don't think we're supposed to.

It's us against them, no one believes.......

& that's the way it's supposed to be.

AMartin56
12-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Good post GP...I think it sums up the current situation well.

I just don't see a SB team when I watch the Texans. Kubiak greatly shortened our window with his bad defensive hires prior to Wade being forced on him and I'm starting to worry that this year isn't going to be our year either due to all the injuries. You could make the argument that next year could be golden if our offensive line play finally recovers from losing two starters after 2011 and our young receivers develop...but we also need our cowardly lion coach to grow a heart...

GP
12-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Ummm GP we agree on a lot but come on man sure this team has been in a funk lately and kubiak has sort of been scared with the play calling, but we have the talent to beat anyone.

AJ, Foster, Watt all have the ability to change games. We will be fine man

JJ Watt picks up everybody's dirty laundry. It makes me sick.

He's nothing short of super human on so many levels.

And this team, specifically its head coach, relies on him exclusively to put his offense into good position. Over and over.

Sigh, I gotta' sign off. Giving our two cats away to a horse trainer who needs barn cats. And I've been dying to unload these cats for 12 years. And today is the day. No more cat **** in my garage, no more cat puke in my garage. No more hair balls, no more hair ball-shaped **** in my garage. No more feeding them. No more hearing them mee-oww for food every second of my day around here. So I gotta go. Or I'd stay and chat.

I just know how this story ends, it ends with a nice 13-3 record and losing to the Pats in the AFCC game at Foxborough. Hope it doesn't, but it sure seems that's the way it's headed.

I think we lose 1 of our last 2 games. Gotta go. Good chatting with ya, btw.

Wolf
12-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Kirk cousins is grooming for the Texans job up in Washington right now lol:kitten:

We are playing a division winners schedule and are 12-2 what more can we do but win

It is ugly at times but keep chopping wood

GP
12-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Good post GP...I think it sums up the current situation well.

I just don't see a SB team when I watch the Texans. Kubiak greatly shortened our window with his bad defensive hires prior to Wade being forced on him and I'm starting to worry that this year isn't going to be our year either due to all the injuries. You could make the argument that next year could be golden if our offensive line play finally recovers from losing two starters after 2011 and our young receivers develop...but we also need our cowardly lion coach to grow a heart...

Well, you're going to get a crown of thorns for thinking that way.

After a win, nobody is allowed to state weaknesses or say they're not confident in our team. Prepare to be scourged.

Wolf
12-16-2012, 04:47 PM
JJ Watt picks up everybody's dirty laundry. It makes me sick.

He's nothing short of super human on so many levels.

And this team, specifically its head coach, relies on him exclusively to put his offense into good position. Over and over.

Sigh, I gotta' sign off. Giving our two cats away to a horse trainer who needs barn cats. And I've been dying to unload these cats for 12 years. And today is the day. No more cat **** in my garage, no more cat puke in my garage. No more hair balls, no more hair ball-shaped **** in my garage. No more feeding them. No more hearing them mee-oww for food every second of my day around here. So I gotta go. Or I'd stay and chat.

I just know how this story ends, it ends with a nice 13-3 record and losing to the Pats in the AFCC game at Foxborough. Hope it doesn't, but it sure seems that's the way it's headed.

I think we lose 1 of our last 2 games. Gotta go. Good chatting with ya, btw.

Head coach? Your hate is flowing again....wade is more like it.. He is the one using watt all along the line.

GuerillaBlack
12-2

Doesn't matter. They better get homefiepd. They have been playing mediocre football for weeks. Meanwhile, Atlanta did look like a 12-2 team today.

MEGA SWATT
So if this team is 0-1 playoffs you gonna throw up the season record, no one cares about the regular season. We all knew we would win the division and get in the playoffs. The PLAYOFFS is all that matters and anything less than a superbowl is a failure. We all realize we are at a mismatch versus the elite. Brady went undefeated one year and lost the superbowl. He would call that season a failure and so would all patriots fans

I'm not saying there are not valid concerns - however, if this team were 2-12, with wins over NE and GB, would you be happy?

I mean - I want them to get HFA, get on a hot streak, rise to the occasion, silence the doubters and go deep, DEEP in the playoffs. Will they do it? Perhaps. Could they fail? yes. Could they fail big, possibly. I however will enjoy their wins and their record and hope for the best. That's right, HOPE, I said it...HOPE. What else can we do.

If I could go to the future HOF QB store and the bad ass back up QB store, believe me I would.

AMartin56
12-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Well, you're going to get a crown of thorns for thinking that way.

After a win, nobody is allowed to state weaknesses or say they're not confident in our team. Prepare to be scourged.

No worries...it's only the internet.

MEGA SWATT
12-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Doesn't matter. They better get homefiepd. They have been playing mediocre football for weeks. Meanwhile, Atlanta did look like a 12-2 team today.

u can't get HFA without first going 12-2 today:fingergun:

AMartin56
12-16-2012, 04:52 PM
I'll have to admit that I expect more from the other defenders considering how dominant Watt is but it was nice to see Barwin make a few plays today and for the most part I have no issues with Smith.

I'm starting to think Reed may have lost the top dog position in the rotation though...Mercilus seems to be getting more pressure.

ATXtexanfan
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm not saying there are not valid concerns - however, if this team were 2-12, with wins over NE and GB, would you be happy?

I mean - I want them to get HFA, get on a hot streak, rise to the occasion, silence the doubters and go deep, DEEP in the playoffs. Will they do it? Perhaps. Could they fail? yes. Could they fail big, possibly. I however will enjoy their wins and their record and hope for the best. That's right, HOPE, I said it...HOPE. What else can we do.

If I could go to the future HOF QB store and the bad ass back up QB store, believe me I would.

Ok I feel ya now. But I liked them more when there was no expectations. Now our expectations exceed them

Rey
12-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Before the game a lot of people were saying the colts weren't good. They were lucky to be where they were. They were saying that they really should be a 5 win team or so.

Now when they come in here and battle us tough, it was a good win against a quality play off team.

Im judging this team hard because I don't believe our superbowl window will be open for a long time because we dint have an elite qb.

Elite qb's keep their teams in superbowl contention. Andrew luck looks like he can develop into that kind of guy.

We need to make this happen.

76Texan
12-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Before the game a lot of people were saying the colts weren't good. They were lucky to be where they were. They were saying that they really should be a 5 win team or so.

Now when they come in here and battle us tough, it was a good win against a quality play off team.

Im judging this team hard because I don't believe our superbowl window will be open for a long time because we dint have an elite qb.

Elite qb's keep their teams in superbowl contention. Andrew luck looks like he can develop into that kind of guy.

The next guy is already on the roster. :)

eriadoc
12-16-2012, 05:11 PM
We're all happy for 12-2. That doesn't stop some of us from analyzing what we see as problems with the team. So here's an open question to the Sunshine Club:

What did the Texans do today to convince you that the Patriots game was a fluke?

ziggy29
12-16-2012, 05:14 PM
We're all happy for 12-2. That doesn't stop some of us from analyzing what we see as problems with the team. So here's an open question to the Sunshine Club:

What did the Texans do today to convince you that the Patriots game was a fluke?
Or the recent OT wins against the (4-9) Lions and the (2-12) Jags?

Don't get me wrong. This is a good team, and I like how it finds ways to finish games that it used to lose. But it hasn't looked elite at all in recent weeks and it concerns me.

76Texan
12-16-2012, 05:14 PM

They bounced back and won just as AJ "promised".

Wolf
12-16-2012, 05:15 PM

Nope but each matchup is different.

With that said I don't think the pats are THAT much better.

I guess the pats and colts game was a flick too

Thorn
12-16-2012, 05:16 PM

The way I see it (or would like to see it) is we win out, getting home field advantage. In our first game we'll play the winner of the Baltimore/whoever wild card game. We'll win that one.

Then either New England or Denver comes to town. That one is going to be hell, but since it's at home, it's more winnable that either going to Denver or New England and playing there. I feel pretty confident about making it to the AFC championship game. Getting past Manning to Brady to make it to the Super Bowl is another question.

Wolf
12-16-2012, 05:18 PM
The way I see it (or would like to see it) is we win out, getting home field advantage. In our first game we'll play the winner of the Baltimore/whoever wild card game. We'll win that one.

Then either New England or Denver comes to town. That one is going to be hell, but since it's at home, it's more winnable that either going to Denver or New England and playing there. I feel pretty confident about making it to the AFC championship game. Getting past Manning to Brady to make it to the Super Bowl is another question.

And I'd rather play the pats than the broncos...broncos remember what we did to them and....well I hope we remember what the pats did to us

Goatcheese
12-16-2012, 05:21 PM

This is how I picture some of you.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/SchoonPK/a45_zps671759af.jpg

The Third Man
12-16-2012, 05:23 PM
That's awesome.

Straw man arguments are fun!

eriadoc
12-16-2012, 05:25 PM
They bounced back and won just as AJ "promised".

If that's all it took to convince you that last week was not a fluke, then you have no objectivity anyway. But we already knew that.

That's the answer to "how do we cope with that beatdown?", but it doesn't at all answer the question I posed.

Nope but each matchup is different.

With that said I don't think the pats are THAT much better.

I guess the pats and colts game was a flick too

This is how I picture some of you.

Still no answers to a pretty simple question.

utahmark
12-16-2012, 05:25 PM

When your 12 and 2 it's called the Reality Club.

eriadoc
12-16-2012, 05:26 PM
When your 12 and 2 it's called the Reality Club.

OK fine. The team is 12-2. That's reality. The team got its ass kicked up and down the field to the only two great teams they've faced all season. What did the Texans do today to convince you that last week was a fluke?

I'm beginning to think y'all just don't want to type out the actual answer.

Wolf
12-16-2012, 05:27 PM
If that's all it took to convince you that last week was not a fluke, then you have no objectivity anyway. But we already knew that.

That's the answer to "how do we cope with that beatdown?", but it doesn't at all answer the question I posed.

Still no answers to a pretty simple question.

I have a feeling no answer would convince you otherwise .carry on with the pitch forks

eriadoc
12-16-2012, 05:29 PM
I have a feeling no answer would convince you otherwise.

Try me. If today's performance convinced you that last week was a fluke, I want to hear why. I am sincerely asking you a question here. Sure, I have my opinion, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to discussion. In fact, I seem to be the only one actually TRYING to discuss it. Everyone else is throwing barbs and dodging the question.

fiasco west
12-16-2012, 05:32 PM

Did we lose to either of those teams?

Why does it matter what Denver did to Baltimore? When we played Baltimore they actually had their key players...

Did you see what the Falcons did to the Giants btw?

The Third Man
Yeah, nobody who is happy with the team being 12-2 can face the reality that the Texans aren't as good as the Packers and Patriots. That's it. You really opened up everybody's eyes around here. Man, Bob McNair ought to hire you right away!

TexCanada
OK fine. The team is 12-2. That's reality. The team got its ass kicked up and down the field to the only two great teams they've faced all season. What did the Texans do today to convince you that last week was a fluke?

What is there to say? This is a very good football team with a chance to make a run in the playoffs. There are flaws a-plenty, but every team has flaws.

Does it really make sense to see so much negativity on this board when we are in the position we are?

ziggy29
12-16-2012, 05:33 PM

I hate to say it but I also think the Texans were fortunate to get Denver early in the season before they really started firing on all cylinders and looking like an elite team.

Still, 12-2 is 12-2. What I will say based on my observation so far this season is that this doesn't look like a team built to come from behind.

Wolf
12-16-2012, 05:33 PM
We are second in the league in scoring. I think some are too busy concentrating on the madden effect where one can score 50 points a game and in reality this team is scoring.

The problem with the Texans in my eyes are if ey get down early. They quit with what they have to do when they win.. Running the ball and ball control is what thins offense is about.

CloakNNNdagger
12-16-2012, 05:34 PM

I am hopeful with you. But there is still a small factor of Adrian Peterson next week against a run D that still has ? marks.........and a need for a win over a team they did not exactly dominate.

fiasco west
12-16-2012, 05:36 PM
What is there to say? This is a very good football team with a chance to make a run in the playoffs. There are flaws a-plenty, but every team has flaws.

Does it really make sense to see so much negativity on this board when we are in the position we are?

Every team has flaws. Exactly. The cap ensures that you can't build the perfect team.

Texans are 12-2, may actually sweep their division (which is pretty hard to do...) and so far you can say that there are two teams better than them match up wise and one of those teams play in the NFC.

eriadoc
12-16-2012, 05:36 PM

You view it as negative. I don't. I am very happy about 12-2, and I think they'll finish it out 14-2, which is nothing short of awesome. JJ Watt is having a historic season. AJ is back to form. The team won the AFCS for the second year in a row. These are all incredibly positive thigs that I am happy about. Here's the thing - along the way accomplishing these great things, they actually gave me real hope they could win a Super Bowl. Now I want that. Call me greedy.

No one really talks much about the 1998 Vikings or the multiple 12+ win Charger teams, do they? I'm sorry if you see that as negative, but if so, then I'll just say there's a really good chance reality is negative for you. Sorry to hear that.

2slik4u
12-16-2012, 05:37 PM

Nothing. We got outplayed and out coached in every facet of the game.

That doesnt mean we cannot fix what happened and make up for the mistakes over the next coming weeks.

Its ridiculous to think or expect ANY team to keep a constant level of performance throughout the entire season. Every season the best NFL teams flop/lose/under perform to crap teams...EVERY SEASON.

Lets look at this and see how bad this really is. We lost to two super bowl caliber teams (GB and NE). Those were are only two losses.

Lets look at the other "favorite" teams and see some of their questionable games so you can see how closely their season mirrors ours:

New England - lost to Arizona, barely beat buffalo 37-31, barely beat miami 23-16

San Francisco - WIDELY CONSIDERED THE BEST IN THE NFC - lost to Minnesota, lost to St. Louis, TIED St. Louis

Broncos - lost to 3 playoff teams (Houston, Atlanta, and NE)

Ravens - lost to Philly, lost to Washington, got smoked by us, barely beat Kansas City 9-6, barely beat San Diego 13-10 in OT

Green Bay - lost to INDY, got emabarassed by NYG 38-10

Atlanta - lost to Carolina, barely beat Arizona 23-19, barely beat Carolina 30-28 ***Id also like to point out that Atlanta has the easiest schedule in the NFL based on opponents winning %***

I point these things out above not throw out useless stats and numbers but to show that EVERY team goes through these peaks and valleys and that just because we won in OT against two weak teams, that doesnt mean that we are screwed.

I think its fair to say that most fans have short memories and too often have the "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

Lets not forget the big picture ---- we are 12-2 and are in complete control of our own destiny at this point in the season. Adjustments will be made and you will see a different team once the playoffs come around, I truly believe that.

I think the initial post of this thread is a joke.

utahmark
12-16-2012, 05:38 PM

There is nothing they can do today, tomorrow, next week that can convince anyone that was a fluke. It's a negative question that can not be answered. All we can do is celebrate the division title and hope we can clinch home field. When we are in the playoff's we will find out if that game was a fluke or not.

Our offense did not look crisp today. We all saw it. Our defense played a little better though. Just like every other team we hope to put it all together for a playoff run. We are winning games while not playing our best football. It's a good thing. Time to be happy about your team. We just won the division. If you cant be a little happy today why watch football? You can ***** for the next few weeks until the playoff's and be ready to tell us how you "told us so" or you can enjoy the ride.

eriadoc
12-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Nothing. We got outplayed and out coached in every facet of the game.

Well, not every facet. They won the game, so that's the one stat that matters. Aside from that, I agree with you.

That doesnt mean we cannot fix what happened and make up for the mistakes over the next coming weeks.

That's the crux of the matter. What signs have we seen that give us reason to think they'll be fixed? I think we're all pinning our hopes on HFA throughout, which is great, but I still see too many tendencies that lead me to believe if a team jumps out to an early lead, Kubiak has no answer.

Its ridiculous to think or expect ANY team to keep a constant level of performance throughout the entire season. Every season the best NFL teams flop/lose/under perform to crap teams...EVERY SEASON.

Oh, I agree. I'm just looking for signs, is all.

I think the initial post of this thread is a joke.

Ehh, maybe. But I tend to think this team is in trouble if they face off against the Pats or Broncos in the playoffs. And that seems almost inevitable, doesn't it?

Thorn
12-16-2012, 05:42 PM

At the time, Chicago was supposed to be great. But, we couldn't beat the two best teams on our schedule and got our asses handed to us. I've said it in here before, and I'll say it again now, we are one of the top five teams in the NFL. But we aren't the best team in the NFL. I think we are pretty close to the bottom of the top five.

I'll tell you this, it's a lot more fun arguing about this years Texans than the arguments we used to get in just a few short years ago.

eriadoc
12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
There is nothing they can do today, tomorrow, next week that can convince anyone that was a fluke.

Not true. If they would have come out today and played like they did against BAL earlier in the season, I think a lot of people, myself included, would have their postseason concerns lessened. They did not do that. You're right that they won without their best game, and that is good. So they're winning the games they should win. But can they win the games they need to win? I see no signs that lead to that conclusion.

Wolf
Sad part is a thread like this can be a "I told you so" to 31 other teams (well about 20 teams right now in the hunt)and someone will look like a genius.

So hope wade and Kubiak can figure out how to fix some things

eriadoc
I'll tell you this, it's a lot more fun arguing about this years Texans than the arguments we used to get in just a few short years ago.

Hell yeah! :texflag:

fiasco west
12-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Not true. If they would have come out today and played like they did against BAL earlier in the season, I think a lot of people, myself included, would have their postseason concerns lessened. They did not do that. You're right that they won without their best game, and that is good. So they're winning the games they should win. But can they win the games they need to win? I see no signs that lead to that conclusion.

They needed to win this game.

eriadoc
12-16-2012, 05:51 PM
They needed to win this game.

Referring to the playoffs, where there is no next week. But hey, point taken.

2slik4u
12-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Well, not every facet. They won the game, so that's the one stat that matters. Aside from that, I agree with you.

That's the crux of the matter. What signs have we seen that give us reason to think they'll be fixed? I think we're all pinning our hopes on HFA throughout, which is great, but I still see too many tendencies that lead me to believe if a team jumps out to an early lead, Kubiak has no answer.

Oh, I agree. I'm just looking for signs, is all.

Ehh, maybe. But I tend to think this team is in trouble if they face off against the Pats or Broncos in the playoffs. And that seems almost inevitable, doesn't it?

Our team is 12-2, tied for the best record in the NFL.

We have the best record in the AFC.

We have just clinched our division.

We currently hold the #1 seed two weeks from the playoffs.

Ipso facto, this thread is a joke.

And for the record, I can't wait to face NE again in the playoffs. What happened last week will not happen again.

fiasco west
12-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Referring to the playoffs, where there is no next week. But hey, point taken.

Yeah we will see.

But I feel they over achieved last year in the playoffs. They handily beat a team that some people did not have them beating...and then almost beat a team they had no business beating.

Everyone stepped up during the playoffs...if everyone does that again I love our chances. Even against the Patriots at home.

I'm less scared of Manning because I feel like we've played him so many times we know him a lot better.

Ryan
12-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I still don't get the obsession with Andrew Luck. I think he's gonna be a GOOD qb in this league for a long time, but i am not seeing shades of Peyton in this guy or a truly great QB and behind his o-line, who knows what can happen to him in the next couple of years. He had a free TD on a busted play and a pretty nice drive with a lot of assists from Texans penalties. He led the league in turnovers coming into today. I know he's just a rookie but it's just what I see personally. I'm sure he will get better, but i'm not seeing HOF type.

Just chill out for one day and enjoy the win, guys. We played a fairly bad game as far as penalties and red zone efficiency and came out with a win. All correctable mistakes. Wish Kubes would pick better times to be conservative.

TexCanada
12-16-2012, 05:59 PM
You view it as negative. I don't. I am very happy about 12-2, and I think they'll finish it out 14-2, which is nothing short of awesome. JJ Watt is having a historic season. AJ is back to form. The team won the AFCS for the second year in a row. These are all incredibly positive thigs that I am happy about. Here's the thing - along the way accomplishing these great things, they actually gave me real hope they could win a Super Bowl. Now I want that. Call me greedy.

No one really talks much about the 1998 Vikings or the multiple 12+ win Charger teams, do they? I'm sorry if you see that as negative, but if so, then I'll just say there's a really good chance reality is negative for you. Sorry to hear that.

Reality is negative for me? Is it realistic to say this team is in trouble? What are they in trouble of, finishing first in the AFC and being the ~3rd favorite team to represent the AFC at the Superbowl?

The reality is that we have a chance to lock down homefield advantage in the playoffs, and that there are probably only 2 other AFC teams that might be considered better then us. That all sounds very positive to me, even if we do end up losing to one of them in the playoffs.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 06:03 PM

I was one of those who said the Colts weren't good. I said they would help us beat them & they did.

However, I'm also saying this team is flawed, but I think every team is flawed. Throughout a sixteen game season, some teams are going to start off strong. We were one of those. Some teams are going to start off slow. That was the Patriots & the Packers. Some teams are going to get hot at different times during the season.

We need to get hot again. So does the Ravens, the. Steelers, the 49ers.

Maybe we don't get hot again & are 1 & done in the play offs. Maybe we start clicking & get better every week from here.

Who knows? But this isn't unheard of in the NFL. This is what mAkes it so good why so many people like this sport.

AMartin56
12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
We played a fairly bad game as far as penalties and red zone efficiency and came out with a win. All correctable mistakes.

Well except that we never seem to actually fix these mistakes. The defense has been sloppy penalty wise for quite some time now and red zone issues have been around for near forever.

Although I will say that I think the RZ issues are entirely on Kubiak. He settles for FGs way too often.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM

I don't think New England was a fluke. I think we have an opportunity to get better. I think we may be able to get to the Super Bowl without seeing New England or Green Bay.

I also know the best team rarely wins the Super Bowl. So we have a shot.

Wolf
12-16-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't think New England was a fluke. I think we have an opportunity to get better. I think we may be able to get to the Super Bowl without seeing New England or Green Bay.

I also know the best team rarely wins the Super Bowl. So we have a shot.

I think Denver is the team to beat I the afc. Their defense...

GP
12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Eriadoc:

There's just no long-term thinking in the sports fandom world anymore.

It's all about what happened NOW.

That's why the majority of people on here are jeering and laughing and being sarcastic *******s with every comment. Because we're losers if we're not happy with what happened NOW. I mean, we just won! Can't you see how things are lining up??? :kitten:

Sometimes I think the ones who are happy with NOW must not have been around for the old Oilers games of the 1990s--The "good" teams that choked when they played outside of the dome. I wonder if they were around for all of Kubiak's tenure here...if so, then they'd wonder NOW how he could have grown absolutely ZERO inches in that whole span here as it relates to getting a team to where the throttle is at full blast and stays that way for 4 quarters.

To me, the most saddening aspect of this team is what happens when the defense comes up with a miracle stop...our offense starts within our own 10-yard-line, and we go 3 & out and make the defense go right back out there again and are asked to stop the opposing offense...AGAIN. Every once in awhile it's a fluke, but it's been an epidemic all season this year.

OK, so it does work against the poorer teams. It doesn't work against the better teams. As we have seen TWICE this season.

The NOW is fun, for NOW. The Super Bowl is not NOW. It's four games away IF we win out and get some good fortune in the playoffs.

I care about a SB, and yes this team has positioned itself to deliver it to us. But can they? It would be storybook, for sure. I just can't sit here and say that the NOW is a foretelling of a SB victory. Sure, yes, it feels good...NOW...but I was old enough to remember us being two quarters away from a SB appearance with the Oilers. With Houston pro sports teams, there's ample reason for this guarded attitude. It's not silly, it's far more silly to be crazily carefree right now.

GP
12-16-2012, 06:25 PM
I still don't get the obsession with Andrew Luck. I think he's gonna be a GOOD qb in this league for a long time, but i am not seeing shades of Peyton in this guy or a truly great QB and behind his o-line, who knows what can happen to him in the next couple of years. He had a free TD on a busted play and a pretty nice drive with a lot of assists from Texans penalties. He led the league in turnovers coming into today. I know he's just a rookie but it's just what I see personally. I'm sure he will get better, but i'm not seeing HOF type.

Just chill out for one day and enjoy the win, guys. We played a fairly bad game as far as penalties and red zone efficiency and came out with a win. All correctable mistakes. Wish Kubes would pick better times to be conservative.

I felt like that about Luck...until today.

He's going to be an Ice Man in a couple of seasons, especially if the Colts are smart enough to spend all resources on a better OL for him.

I won't worship the guy, but I will say this: He showed signs today of being a guy you can't let up on for even ONE play. And this is his first season, and this was his first time out of the gate against our defense.

All in all, he was very poised and never really got his confidence shattered today like so many rookies are prone to do in situations like today. He's a guy who wasn't heart-broken over this loss. He'll learn from it, he'll study everything about it, and next time he'll have answers for us.

He's going to be a problem.

fiasco west
12-16-2012, 06:31 PM

I agree.

I'd take RGIII over him personally, I've seen both a lot but RG3 just sticks out as special to me.

I do think Luck will be a very good QB in the NFL, but will he be a guy that will be a top 3 QB...elite...Brady/Manning/Rodgers guy? That's not guaranteed. He's really good for a rookie but improvement is not just a given because a player is young.

Just like all the guys the Texans drafted that didn't pan out...like Okoye...who had a good rookie season but again...drastic improvement is not just guaranteed.

Thorn
12-16-2012, 06:34 PM

He's going to be an Ice Man in a couple of seasons, especially if the Colts are smart enough to spend all resources on a better OL for him.

I won't worship the guy, but I will say this: He showed signs today of being a guy you can't let up on for even ONE play. And this is his first season, and this was his first time out of the gate against our defense.

All in all, he was very poised and never really got his confidence shattered today like so many rookies are prone to do in situations like today. He's a guy who wasn't heart-broken over this loss. He'll learn from it, he'll study everything about it, and next time he'll have answers for us.

He's going to be a problem.

He's going to be a problem a hell of a lot longer than Schaub will be, that's for sure. The Texans will need to get themselves a good QB in the next year or two and get him in shape. Indy and Houston are going to own the AFC South for a long time. It's going the be just like the old days of the Oilers and Steelers.

Nawzer
12-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Before the season had started I theorized that the Texans would hit their stride by the 13th or 14th game ideally. You don't want to peak too early in the season and then limp into the playoffs. The last couple of Super Bowls have shown us that the team that gets into the playoffs hot experiences success. Unfortunately, my feeling is that this team may have peaked early in the season even though it didn't look like it because of the blowout victories. We're being found out right now and I wonder if Kubiak has what it takes to overcome these deficiencies. The defensive penalties and blown coverages are alarming and Schaub's play has been shaky over the past 2 weeks. Even the pass protection has been average imo. I think one of the best things to happen in this game was the last 3 mins where Arian found gaping holes and the offense looked like it finally found its rhythm. Winning the division was great today and a nice accomplishment, but from what I've seen over the past few weeks I don't think this team is capable of making a deep playoff run unless the team plays better.

76Texan
12-16-2012, 06:39 PM

He's going to be a problem.Nah, he still makes a lot of mistakes.

Luck has a lot of athletic abilities, but I ain't scared of him as a QB.

Like I said before the draft, if he can put things together between his ears, I will worry a lot about him. He has not shown that yet.

What's the odd, I don't know, it's up to him.
But sometimes, close to sure bet remains just that.

76Texan
12-16-2012, 06:44 PM
He's going to be a problem a hell of a lot longer than Schaub will be, that's for sure. The Texans will need to get themselves a good QB in the next year or two and get him in shape. Indy and Houston are going to own the AFC South for a long time. It's going the be just like the old days of the Oilers and Steelers.

Case Keenum!

I told y'all that Wilson is a very good QB, that has turned out to be true.
Don't just measure a guy by his size.

I also said that Cousins is a good one that a team can groom.
He's doing pretty good today.

GuerillaBlack
12-16-2012, 06:47 PM
There is nothing they can do today, tomorrow, next week that can convince anyone that was a fluke. It's a negative question that can not be answered. All we can do is celebrate the division title and hope we can clinch home field. When we are in the playoff's we will find out if that game was a fluke or not.

The only way the question will be answered is if this team beats the Patriots in the playoffs. For me, the Texans are going to continue having the big question mark on their head until they beat an elite QB.

Thorn
12-16-2012, 06:49 PM
The only way the question will be answered is if this team beats the Patriots in the playoffs. For me, the Texans are going to continue having the big question mark on their head until they beat an elite QB.

Until you bring home the big trophy, there will always be doubt. It works that way for every team. Most especially for those that have never been to the show.

Wolf
12-16-2012, 06:51 PM
We are Atlanta (afc version)

GP
12-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Case Keenum!

I told y'all that Wilson is a very good QB, that has turned out to be true.
Don't just measure a guy by his size.

I also said that Cousins is a good one that a team can groom.
He's doing pretty good today.

I don't see it in Case.

One thing in his favor, though: He's the 3rd man and that is ALWAYS a good position for a player of his potential to find himself in. Now stress, gets to watch and learn, is around a GOOD team in many aspects of the game.

Thorn
12-16-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't see it in Case.

One thing in his favor, though: He's the 3rd man and that is ALWAYS a good position for a player of his potential to find himself in. Now stress, gets to watch and learn, is around a GOOD team in many aspects of the game.

Keenum's got a good arm, but whether or not that translates from college to the NFL is still to be seen. The potential is certainly there though, and he's on the right team to learn.

GuerillaBlack
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM

Atlanta is where we should have been back in 2009. I think they are slightly better (now at least). They destroyed the Giants.

Until you bring home the big trophy, there will always be doubt. It works that way for every team. Most especially for those that have never been to the show.

True, but if this team had at least remained competitive against the Patriots, and only lost by a score or less, then I would still be thinking they are the best. But the only two elite QBs on the schedule absolutely destroyed this team (Peyton wasn't back yet when the Texans played him). The MNF loss still stings and casts a dark cloud over this team, imo.

ajohnson80
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Yes people told me I was crazy when I valued Wilson over Luck. If you saw the way Wilson played at NC st. you would understand why I was so high on him. He was beating teams he had no business beating. Then he transferred to a more talented Wisconsin team and posted a 191 rating.

Luck strikes me as a player that will improve some, but he is a qb/coaches son, and was ready for the NFL at least 2 years ago. He played in an NFL system under Harbaugh so I don't think his ceiling is too much higher. I think he will improve on his turnovers which will keep him in the top 10 qbs every year. These qb's coming into the league lately are just more NFL ready than qbs of the past. The colts playoff run this year has been super flukey, but he does have that clutch factor going.

amazing80
12-16-2012, 07:00 PM
This thread is in trouble :kitten:

utahmark
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM

I think it is true. How will beating Ind by 50 prove we can beat New England. We don't know we can beat New England until we beat New England

hradhak
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Yes people told me I was crazy when I valued Wilson over Luck. If you saw the way Wilson played at NC st. you would understand why I was so high on him. He was beating teams he had no business beating. Then he transferred to a more talented Wisconsin team and posted a 191 rating.

Luck strikes me as a player that will improve some, but he is a qb/coaches son, and was ready for the NFL at least 2 years ago. He played in an NFL system under Harbaugh so I don't think his ceiling is too much higher. I think he will improve on his turnovers which will keep him in the top 10 qbs every year. These qb's coming into the league lately are just more NFL ready than qbs of the past. The colts playoff run this year has been super flukey, but he does have that clutch factor going.

I never thought much of luck but have bought into the hype since didn't watch him this season till today. He is not very accurate which is a tough thing to learn at this stage. Indy also has to be careful that he doesn't get hit too often and get Carr syndrome

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

utahmark
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Eriadoc:

There's just no long-term thinking in the sports fandom world anymore.

It's all about what happened NOW.

That's why the majority of people on here are jeering and laughing and being sarcastic *******s with every comment. Because we're losers if we're not happy with what happened NOW. I mean, we just won! Can't you see how things are lining up??? :kitten:

Sometimes I think the ones who are happy with NOW must not have been around for the old Oilers games of the 1990s--The "good" teams that choked when they played outside of the dome. I wonder if they were around for all of Kubiak's tenure here...if so, then they'd wonder NOW how he could have grown absolutely ZERO inches in that whole span here as it relates to getting a team to where the throttle is at full blast and stays that way for 4 quarters.

To me, the most saddening aspect of this team is what happens when the defense comes up with a miracle stop...our offense starts within our own 10-yard-line, and we go 3 & out and make the defense go right back out there again and are asked to stop the opposing offense...AGAIN. Every once in awhile it's a fluke, but it's been an epidemic all season this year.

OK, so it does work against the poorer teams. It doesn't work against the better teams. As we have seen TWICE this season.

The NOW is fun, for NOW. The Super Bowl is not NOW. It's four games away IF we win out and get some good fortune in the playoffs.

I care about a SB, and yes this team has positioned itself to deliver it to us. But can they? It would be storybook, for sure. I just can't sit here and say that the NOW is a foretelling of a SB victory. Sure, yes, it feels good...NOW...but I was old enough to remember us being two quarters away from a SB appearance with the Oilers. With Houston pro sports teams, there's ample reason for this guarded attitude. It's not silly, it's far more silly to be crazily carefree right now.

Just because we are celebrating a win and not worrying about Brady and Manning 30 min's after we clinch the division doesn't mean we are short sited. I choose to judge Kubiak after the year and not worry about it after a win.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 07:40 PM
I still don't get the obsession with Andrew Luck. I think he's gonna be a GOOD qb in this league for a long time,

I don't know if that's even true. He's talented, no doubt about that. But it takes more than talent to win in this league. With every body telling him how good he is, who knows how he handles that.

This year, our SOS was weak compared to what it's been in the past. We have the best record the Texans have ever had, no one expected us to be 12-2..... yes, I think a weak SOS plays into that.

It also plays into the Colts season. With everyone telling Luck their season is because of him, it might go to his head. If they don't have such a good season next season, no one is going to say it's because their QB threw 18 INTs & fumbled the ball 5 times. It's everyone else's fault.

If he gets into that kinda thiking, he's going to be the next Rivers, Flacco, or Sanchez.

hradhak
12-16-2012, 07:43 PM
He is definitely above sanchez and probably flacco. One problem with pac 12 qbs is the conference doesnt really play d. I think luck is talented but he has not shown me he will be great... Yet

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 07:47 PM
I think Denver is the team to beat I the afc. Their defense...

So do I & I've been saying so for at least a few weeks now.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM

I understand what you're saying. But, if what you say is true & we have no shot against a good team, what is it exactly are you expecting us to do?

Admit we've got problems on defense?
I've done that. I would think most everyone has.

Admit we've got a problem at head coach?
I won't speak for everyone on this issue. It's complicated. I will admit I don't understand every play call. I don't know that I agree with his game plans. However, for all I know, if he didn't call that draw, 3rd & goal from the 13, that could have resulted in a turnover & swing the mo for the Colts. I've seen this team in that situation before & we make that mistake & it snowballs the wrong way.

Should he trust his team & let it all hang out? I don't know. 2010, I criticized him for not having a handle on his team, not slowing it down & getting them grounded, and focused.

I'd rather he calls a time out & give them a pep talk, but if this is the way he decides to do it...... you know, as long as it works & we win.

Give up all hope that we're going to win the Super Bowl?
Honestly, right now I'm not even thinking about the Super Bowl, like you said, I'm worried about now. The Division wasn't guaranteed until today. That's what is so exciting about today. We won our division today, clinched it against the Colts (you gotta love that) at home.

Next week, we've got to win to stay ahead of the Patriots for HFT. If we win next week, I'll be happy that we didn't lose ground. We'll have to win the next week to secure HFT.

When the play-offs start hopefully I'll be able to relax, enjoy watching the competition duke it out. I'm not going to worry about having to play New England again, until I know we have to play New England again. I'm not going to worry about playing Denver, until I know we have to play Denver.

In the meantime I hope our coaches do what they need to do to make sure they've got the best possible team they can ready to play. I'm going to hope the players do their best to make sure they are as prepared as they can be.

If Newton, Jones, Myers, Smith, Brown, Casey, Graham, Daniels, Andre, Walter, Foster, Tate, Schaub, Manning, Quin, Joseph, Jackson, Harris, Dobbins, Sharpton, Rudd, Barwin, Whitney, Brooks, Cody, Antonio, Watt, & Crick, are ready to play the best football they've ever played, I still like the Texans chances against any team out there.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 08:20 PM
The colts playoff run this year has been super flukey, but he does have that clutch factor going.

Strange. He hasn't been in the league for a full season yet, but I bet if you asked 100 people if Luck was "clutch" more than half of them would say yes, without a doubt.

If you were to ask 100 people that same question about Schaub, I doubt you could find 50 that would say yes, without a doubt.

Not that that would prove anything. But, I think it's curious.

Luck hasn't been in any play-off games. Luck hasn't been in any important games.

interesting.

Thorn
12-16-2012, 08:33 PM
This year, our SOS was weak compared to what it's been in the past. We have the best record the Texans have ever had, no one expected us to be 12-2..... yes, I think a weak SOS plays into that.

That made me look this up.

2013 Regular Season

Home
Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
AFC East Same Place Finisher New England
Indianapolis Colts (Div.)
Jacksonville Jaguars (Div.)
Tennessee Titans (Div.)

Away
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
AFC North Same Place Finisher Baltimore again if they hang on
Tennessee Titans (Div.)

Wolf
12-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Can't complain on SOS winning record hurts that plus we played a first place schedule when it was made

ajohnson80
12-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Strange. He hasn't been in the league for a full season yet, but I bet if you asked 100 people if Luck was "clutch" more than half of them would say yes, without a doubt.

If you were to ask 100 people that same question about Schaub, I doubt you could find 50 that would say yes, without a doubt.

Not that that would prove anything. But, I think it's curious.

Luck hasn't been in any play-off games. Luck hasn't been in any important games.

interesting.

Well he does have I believe 6 4th quarter comebacks, so he is getting a reputation for coming through in the clutch. I agree he hasn't really earned that title and he has a TON of hype to live up to. Especially since they dropped the best regular season qb of all time and invested their future in him. It may not be fair to compare him to Manning, but thats the boat he's in.

EllisUnit
12-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Well he does have I believe 6 4th quarter comebacks, so he is getting a reputation for coming through in the clutch. I agree he hasn't really earned that title and he has a TON of hype to live up to. Especially since they dropped the best regular season qb of all time and invested their future in him. It may not be fair to compare him to Manning, but thats the boat he's in.

If he is so good he wouldnt need to come back that many times, just saying :fingergun:

CloakNNNdagger
12-16-2012, 08:52 PM
If he is so good he wouldnt need to come back that many times, just saying :fingergun:

He has perpetually created those situations from which he has had to come back.:kitten:

EllisUnit
12-16-2012, 08:53 PM
He has perpetually created those situations from which he has had to come back.:kitten:

haha yeah with 18 picks and 5 fumbles you know he did.

Rey
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
New England - lost to Arizona, barely beat buffalo 37-31, barely beat miami 23-16

San Francisco - WIDELY CONSIDERED THE BEST IN THE NFC - lost to Minnesota, lost to St. Louis, TIED St. Louis

Broncos - lost to 3 playoff teams (Houston, Atlanta, and NE)

Ravens - lost to Philly, lost to Washington, got smoked by us, barely beat Kansas City 9-6, barely beat San Diego 13-10 in OT

Green Bay - lost to INDY, got emabarassed by NYG 38-10

Atlanta - lost to Carolina, barely beat Arizona 23-19, barely beat Carolina 30-28 ***Id also like to point out that Atlanta has the easiest schedule in the NFL based on opponents winning %***

This is a prime example of missing the point.

Did you watch all of those games? Do you know how or why those teams lost?

Did you have a bad team stepping up and playing big...

Did you have some fluke plays?

Did the better team come out and play bad?

Were there singular individuals that failed to make plays thus causing the loss?

The point is that despite our record, this team overall has shown some major warts.

I'm happy we are 12-2. I'm not happy with the way we've been playing when it pertains to our superbowl aspirations.

Why is it so hard to distinguish the two?

You can get a win playing lime shyt. Just as long as the other team is worse.

Conversely, you can get a loss playing really well overall. Just as long as the other team is playing at an even higher level.

If someone can't understand that simple concept, then I don't know what to say to you.

If the texans are going to win a superbowl they are going to have to play better than they have been. Offensively and defensively. I don't give a fucc what their record is. They need to play better.

If they go into the play offs playing like they have been, they'll get beat and maybe embarrassed again.

It's really that simple.

Rey
12-16-2012, 10:11 PM
I was one of those who said the Colts weren't good. I said they would help us beat them & they did.

However, I'm also saying this team is flawed, but I think every team is flawed.

You know what some of those other teams have that we don't?

Qb's that are good enough to cover their mistakes. Coaches that are overall better gameday managers than kubiak. Teams that have been to the top and knows what it takes.

We have played the same way for a while now. Biggest difference is the quality if opponents we've faced.

You have already pretty much acknowledged that you only have hope. You hope well play better in the play offs because others have.

That's fine. We all have hope.

But that's not going to stop us from also talking about the actual problems with the team right now.

TexanBacker93
12-16-2012, 10:14 PM
That made me look this up.

2013 Regular Season

Home
Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
AFC East Same Place Finisher New England
Tennessee Titans (Div.)

Away
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
AFC North Same Place Finisher Baltimore again if they hang on
Tennessee Titans (Div.)

Does this mean its already time to start predicting next season's record? 16-0!!!

DocBar
12-16-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm gonna hold my judgement until the season is over. I can't decide if the chicken came before the egg with the offense in general and QB play in particular. Schaub isn't the most atheletic QB, so is he under orders to take a sack or throw the ball away instead of running or being more "creative" under pressure? Is Schaub actually more atheletic than he seems and Kubiak is restaraining him from running more or being more "creative"?

I can easily see Yates or Keenum being given more freedom to improvise when I see how discombobulated Schaub looks when under pressure. That's the biggest difference I see on offense.

On defense, IMO, it's all about the lack of consistent pass rush if Watt gets stopped. Barwin and Reed/ Merciless have been inconsistent, at best, and downright awful at worst. I really like the idea of Reed as an ILB and think Merci will be much better next year. He has the motor, just needs the experience. I also really think Harris will be a force next year. Fix the pass rush and the secondary will miraculously get better again, just like last season.

BTW, we're 12-2 playing a 1st place schedule. You can only play the teams on the schedule.

Scooter
12-16-2012, 10:19 PM
we've got holes, there's no team that doesnt. however what helps me sleep at night is the realization that we've beaten everyone but the patriots. between this season and last (for the teams not on our '12 schedule), we've beaten all but 1 team we could face on the AFC side. ravens, steelers, jets, broncos, colts, bengals ... all wins. we dont match up well against the packers and patriots, few do, but that doesnt mean we cant win against them as well. what we KNOW is that anyone else coming into our house for the playoffs is going to be the underdog because we've shown we can beat them.

TEXANRED
12-16-2012, 10:20 PM

No sir, we have more playoff wins than they do.

Marcus
12-16-2012, 10:21 PM
This is a prime example of missing the point.

Did you watch all of those games? Do you know how or why those teams lost?

Did you have a bad team stepping up and playing big...

Did you have some fluke plays?

Did the better team come out and play bad?

Were there singular individuals that failed to make plays thus causing the loss?

The point is that despite our record, this team overall has shown some major warts.

I'm happy we are 12-2. I'm not happy with the way we've been playing when it pertains to our superbowl aspirations.

Why is it so hard to distinguish the two?

You can get a win playing lime shyt. Just as long as the other team is worse.

Conversely, you can get a loss playing really well overall. Just as long as the other team is playing at an even higher level.

If someone can't understand that simple concept, then I don't know what to say to you.

If the texans are going to win a superbowl they are going to have to play better than they have been. Offensively and defensively. I don't give a fucc what their record is. They need to play better.

If they go into the play offs playing like they have been, they'll get beat and maybe embarrassed again.

It's really that simple.

I agree, it is that simple. But if the prevailing thought around here is that it's Kubiak's playcalling that's the biggest problem . . . then there is really no foundation to conduct a reasonable discussion.

Until it's ever agreed upon that the so-called "turtle" playcalling is actually smart playcalling, it is pointless.

TEXANRED
12-16-2012, 10:24 PM
With all the pissing and moaning going on you would think we are 2-12

EllisUnit
12-16-2012, 10:25 PM
OMG are we 12-2 are 2-12. Why all the bitching, Yes Kubiak better get his **** together before the play-offs, but we are still 12-2, we would of all killed to be here a few seasons ago.

My god we were killing teams to start the season, then we went into a funk and were still managing wins. We will hit our stride again and i think today was the start of that, perfect timing if i might so so.

But if your looking for a losing team to ***** about then this might not be the team for you anymore.

axman40

Crack. Smoke less of it.
Or much more!The Dude Abides!
:kitten:

thunderkyss
You have already pretty much acknowledged that you only have hope. You hope well play better in the play offs because others have.

Only have hope? I've been saying we've got reason to believe...

We got Newton back today. In my opinion, before he went down he was making excellent progress. I haven't studied today's game, but I'm pretty sure our run game & pass protection benefitted from him being there. I think it gets better as his game shape improves.

Graham was also in the game. His presence may have helped the run game as much (maybe more) than Newton.

I think Sharpton & Dobbins is our best combination at ILB. If we stop putting Bradie James in there & let those two play, I think that position will improve over the next few weeks. Even if they go with James, I thin the ILB position will get better if we don't have to change them every week like we've had to because of injury.

I like Brandon Harris. Even though they throw a lot of flags at him, I think he's costed us less yards than McCain has. Brandon Harris just finished playing in his 3rd game. He's going to get better with time.

Merci has also just finished his 3rd game. He's been more productive in those 3 games than both Brooks & Barwin has the whole season. He's going to get better with time.

Brooks will be back. This will help us with our outside rotation.

Jjo had a much better game today than he did last week. Maybe because of the level of competition. Hopefully he is getting healthier.

Can these guys get Super Bowl ready by the time we play our first play-off game 4 weeks from now? Maybe not. But I think they can get real close 7 weeks from now.

We shouldn't be trying to figure out our starting line-up this late in the season. But we didn't have a choice. Now we are closer to the starting line-up we had to start the season than we've ever been. I know they'll get better.

Rey
12-16-2012, 10:26 PM
I agree, it is that simple. But if the prevailing though around here is that it's Kubiak's playcalling that's the biggest problem . . . then there is really no foundation to conduct a reasonable discussion.

Until it's ever agreed upon that the so-called "turtle" playcalling is actually smart playcalling, it is pointless.

I'm not going to complain too much about his play calling. I'd like him to do some things different, but whatever.

I'm more concerned with how we play than I am about the plays being called.

DocBar
12-16-2012, 10:27 PM
I agree, it is that simple. But if the prevailing though around here is that it's Kubiak's playcalling that's the biggest problem . . . then there is really no foundation to conduct a reasonable discussion.

Until it's ever agreed upon that the so-called "turtle" playcalling is actually smart playcalling, it is pointless.Sometimes the "turtle is smart playcalling. Other times, ya gotta make them say "where the hell did that come from???" Be "turtle" 99% of the time, but keep them guessing a little bit. I've seen several instances this season where a fake punt would have been golden. Is Kubiak saving all of those for the post season so there isn't film on it? Those plays are like timeouts. They are useless if not used.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Sometimes the "turtle is smart playcalling. Other times, ya gotta make them say "where the hell did that come from???" Be "turtle" 99% of the time, but keep them guessing a little bit.

I guarantee you if we could get our running game going you'd see some of that during turtle mode.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 10:38 PM
OMG are we 12-2 are 2-12. Why all the bitching, Yes Kubiak better get his **** together before the play-offs, but we are still 12-2, we would of all killed to be here a few seasons ago.

I'd have loved to have been 12-2 last season. If we had homefield last year.....

Super Bowl.

DocBar
12-16-2012, 10:43 PM
I guarantee you if we could get our running game going you'd see some of that during turtle mode.I wouldn't say that. If we get our running game going, you're going to see ultra turtle.

dtran04
12-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Baltimore and New England are "in trouble" too right?

:)

EllisUnit
12-16-2012, 10:45 PM
I'd have loved to have been 12-2 last season. If we had homefield last year.....

Super Bowl.

My thing is everyone seems so down on Schaub, but i think we win in Baltimore last season with Schaub.

DocBar
12-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Baltimore and New England are "in trouble" too right?

:)

I'm seeing Denver vs. Houston in the AFCCG IN HOUSTON!!!! Let's see how well the "Forehead" does in our house!! Reliant Stadium will be rocking like a Metallica concert on steroids!!!! :hurrah:

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm seeing Denver vs. Houston in the AFCCG IN HOUSTON!!!! Let's see how well the "Forehead" does in our house!! Reliant Stadium will be rocking like a Metallica concert on steroids!!!! :hurrah:

I'd much rather play New England or Baltimore. Denver's D is pretty good. It'll be difficult keeping our offense on the field. If we get the Pats that are playing tonight, I think we've got a chance.

DocBar
12-16-2012, 10:55 PM
I'd much rather play New England or Baltimore. Denver's D is pretty good. It'll be difficult keeping our offense on the field. If we get the Pats that are playing tonight, I think we've got a chance.
I'd take Baltimore all day long, they just aren't going to get there. Denver is.

MEGA SWATT
12-16-2012, 10:59 PM
I enjoyed the NOW last year.

I enjoyed the NOW prior to the Patriots game this year.

I won't be easily persuaded to be light-hearted and carefree until this team is playing in the SB. They have a chance, but it hinges on HFA. And Denver is being relentless and we've got two more games to go...and the Pats, I don't think they let up one inch the rest of the way.
We're Top 3, probably Team 2 out of the Top 3 teams in the AFC.

I got your PM, and I agree thatr anything can happen...but we aren't getting a badass young QB anytime soon. They re-up'd Schaub, he's here for a long time. And the Colts? Yeah, they made their own luck with getting Luck. It sucks.

Hey, the pats just crapped the bed!!!:fingergun:

Marcus
12-16-2012, 11:05 PM

Yeah, you probably said the same thing about Aaron Rodgers. :runaway:

DocBar
12-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah, you probably said the same thing about Aaron Rodgers. :runaway:Ya know, I might have.....

Trail.Blazr
12-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Lots of good debate in this one. I think it's fair to see the glass half anything with the Texans. Yep, they have flaws and make mistakes. Yep, they are 12-2. And so on...

When I see this thread, I immediately think of it as a "focus on the bad" pointed original post, to which the OP is certainly entitled. I can't blindly look at the texans and believe them to be a Juggernaut. If I am to look at this team in a pessimistic in terms of what's ahead, I believe there are 3 major things that stick out to me...

1. It seems all season long, Houston games have a blueprint.
- Maybe it's just me, but Houston seems to consistently open up games on FIRE. Almost embarrassing the opposing teams with their opening drive. Then, they fizzle and have to find a way to hang on for the rest of the game to try and find a way to pull it out in the end.

2. It's no secret, and there can be many reasons/excuses made for this, but in the past month-ish, it's an obvious vulnerability that opposing QB's are having too much success throwing on our secondary. I feel INJURY is the MAJOR factor here.

3. Special teams...While special teams have many facets, i think a general statement of mediocrity is being polite, and can be primarily capped in MY mind with concerns that we have to hold our breath when facing a field goal attempt of 40+ yards.

All 3 of these concerns can be wrapped up in a 12-2 blanket to dismiss by saying that those very concerns can be overcome, however

As you look ahead to the playoff, irregardless of seeding, I firmly believe that the those 3 things spell likely letdown when facing the best of the league week after week after week(3rd being potential Superbowl).

Does that mean, throw in the towel?? HELL NO! Give us the number one seed, some health, a good bounce of the ball here and there, and a bit of swagger in the post season, and we have the tools to make something happen!

As of today, we have our best chance in history, as fans to see the Texans make their way to a Superbowl!

thunderkyss
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
We don't have an elite QB. We don't have a clutch QB.

What we do have, is a QB who has shown a certain level of mastery to run this system. With that said, I can not explain how we have not been able to convert & score TDs against the Titans (32; 29.7 ppg), Patriots (17; 22.5 ppg), & Colts (24; 25.6 ppg) if we're supposed to have the #3 scoring offense (28.1 ppg).

I like having Newton back. I hope that helps us run the offense we all thought we'd see this year.

Rey
12-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Only have hope? I've been saying we've got reason to believe...

We got Newton back today. In my opinion, before he went down he was making excellent progress. I haven't studied today's game, but I'm pretty sure our run game & pass protection benefitted from him being there. I think it gets better as his game shape improves.

Graham was also in the game. His presence may have helped the run game as much (maybe more) than Newton.

I think Sharpton & Dobbins is our best combination at ILB. If we stop putting Bradie James in there & let those two play, I think that position will improve over the next few weeks. Even if they go with James, I thin the ILB position will get better if we don't have to change them every week like we've had to because of injury.

I like Brandon Harris. Even though they throw a lot of flags at him, I think he's costed us less yards than McCain has. Brandon Harris just finished playing in his 3rd game. He's going to get better with time.

Merci has also just finished his 3rd game. He's been more productive in those 3 games than both Brooks & Barwin has the whole season. He's going to get better with time.

Brooks will be back. This will help us with our outside rotation.

Jjo had a much better game today than he did last week. Maybe because of the level of competition. Hopefully he is getting healthier.

Can these guys get Super Bowl ready by the time we play our first play-off game 4 weeks from now? Maybe not. But I think they can get real close 7 weeks from now.

We shouldn't be trying to figure out our starting line-up this late in the season. But we didn't have a choice. Now we are closer to the starting line-up we had to start the season than we've ever been. I know they'll get better.

Tried to rep you but I have to spread it around...

I think it still all boils down to hope, but at least you have reasons that you think we will improve. And at least you admit that the way they've played has not been good enough.

We can win a superbowl this year. But we will either need to step our game up in multiple areas, or we will have to just have a bunch of breaks go our way. I'd rather we take the bull by the horns though.

76Texan
12-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Tried to rep you but I have to spread it around...

I think it still all boils down to hope, but at least you have reasons that you think we will improve. And at least you admit that the way they've played has not been good enough.

We can win a superbowl this year. But we will either need to step our game up in multiple areas, or we will have to just have a bunch of breaks go our way. I'd rather we take the bull by the horns though.

Breaks?

There are usually breaks.

When two teams that are close in level of talents meet, usually the one that can capitalize on those breaks win.

The Niners had some breaks going their way; they didn't fully capitalize on them the way the Packers and the Pats capitalized against us; otherwise that game would have been a run away.

The Packs capitalized fully on our two critical unforced errors (Barwin and Posey).

The Pats capitalized on our lack of preparation when we don't have guys out there quickly enough on coverage. Wade had dueled with BB of time.
We didn't capitalized on their fumbles.
We had guys with sure hands dropping catches.

Yeah, I would say you can use some breaks against a good team, and you have to minimize your mistakes.

When you do neither, it gets ugly.

thunderkyss
12-17-2012, 12:15 PM

True, but what team hasn't said that? I'm sure the Patriots would have appreciated a few breaks in last year's Super Bowl, even though I bet there are many people who thought they got plenty during that game.

& yes, I see many reasons to make me believe our best football is ahead of us, this season. But I also see a lot to be happy about now. We haven't been playing our best football, far from it & these guys refuse to lose. This game (as you know) is 60% mental.

We've seen that isn't good enough against the Packers or the Patriots. But once our talent level gets back up (& right now, with Jjo, Newton, & Graham back, waiting on Brooks) I think it's as good as it's going to get.

eriadoc
12-23-2012, 03:43 PM
So I am still looking for signs that they'll play their best football in the playoffs and be capable of beating a team like the Pats in the playoffs. Today's performance just reinforced the signs we've all seen the past several weeks. Or, in other words, this team is in trouble, at least as it pertains to the playoffs.

76Texan
12-23-2012, 04:11 PM
So I am still looking for signs that they'll play their best football in the playoffs and be capable of beating a team like the Pats in the playoffs. Today's performance just reinforced the signs we've all seen the past several weeks. Or, in other words, this team is in trouble, at least as it pertains to the playoffs.

So are the Pats with Brady throwing 2 INTs, allowing the lowly Jags to go ahead early and nearly came back.

eriadoc
12-23-2012, 04:13 PM
So are the Pats with Brady throwing 2 INTs, allowing the lowly Jags to go ahead early and nearly came back.

Pattern recognition - work on it. There's a difference between "Any Given Sunday" and "Every Damn Sunday Since the BAL Game".

Tailgate
12-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Welcome to reality everyone

76Texan
12-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Pattern recognition - work on it. There's a difference between "Any Given Sunday" and "Every Damn Sunday Since the BAL Game".

Yeah, except the Pats don't have any consistency of late either.

Even their fans didn't like how the Dolphins hang around.
And what's with the Niners game, and today's game.

Nobody has a hot hand in the AFC, not even the Broncos.

I've already said they got some lucky bounces of late; otherwise, they wouldn't smell all this good, LOL!

eriadoc
12-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah, except the Pats don't have any consistency of late either.

The Texans actually do have consistency lately.

76Texan
12-23-2012, 04:31 PM

Like the Broncos with Holliday fumbling in each of the last two games ?

Luckily, they didn't lose neither.
Imagine if the cat is still here, LOL!

qqert
12-23-2012, 04:32 PM

yah consistently putrid offense.

76Texan
12-23-2012, 04:33 PM
And the Texans haven't been all that "consistent" like you were mocking.
They managed to win the division by a healthy score :)=P

76Texan
12-23-2012, 04:35 PM
yah consistently putrid offense.

Just like I predicted; even the win against the Colts won't be enough.

Tell me, genius, what was your expectation before the season starts?

Kimmy
12-23-2012, 06:49 PM
They got "cute" when their official twitter asked what kind of touchdown dance did we want Arian Foster to do.

Seriously. These are not the questions a serious team asks.

A time to chill
12-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I think everyone must have forgot that Kubiak is still the head coach of the Texans and the main reason for the Texans' success was that the defense was made a lot better by Wade Phillips and that the AFC South is no longer the strong division it once was. I'm glad that the Texans have won 12 games this season and clinched the division. Now there will be less tolerance in this city for putrid performances like we saw today. A couple of years ago, after a loss like this, the owner would come out and say, "We're on the right track." Kubiak has definitely made this team better, but I really don't think he can win a Super Bowl. This is the second season in a row where the team started strong early in the season, but finished with a whimper. If the Texans ever want to win a championship, they need a new head coach.

Showtime100
12-23-2012, 07:20 PM
I think everyone must have forgot that Kubiak is still the head coach of the Texans and the main reason for the Texans' success was that the defense was made a lot better by Wade Phillips and that the AFC South is no longer the strong division it once was. I'm glad that the Texans have won 12 games this season and clinched the division. Now there will be less tolerance in this city for putrid performances like we saw today. A couple of years ago, after a loss like this, the owner would come out and say, "We're on the right track." Kubiak has definitely made this team better, but I really don't think he can win a Super Bowl. This is the second season in a row where the team started strong early in the season, but finished with a whimper. If the Texans ever want to win a championship, they need a new head coach.

I thought Houston did themselves very proud last year. After all those key injuries and having to rely on TJ to close the deal on the playoffs, beating Cincy, then taking the Ravens to the brink before Jacoby did his brain fart.

Whimper?? No way. That team is a monster compared to the team I saw today.

Rey
12-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Breaks?

There are usually breaks.

When two teams that are close in level of talents meet, usually the one that can capitalize on those breaks win.

The Niners had some breaks going their way; they didn't fully capitalize on them the way the Packers and the Pats capitalized against us; otherwise that game would have been a run away.

The Packs capitalized fully on our two critical unforced errors (Barwin and Posey).

The Pats capitalized on our lack of preparation when we don't have guys out there quickly enough on coverage. Wade had dueled with BB of time.
We didn't capitalized on their fumbles.
We had guys with sure hands dropping catches.

Yeah, I would say you can use some breaks against a good team, and you have to minimize your mistakes.

When you do neither, it gets ugly.

You can call it what you want to call it.

I'll call it not being good enough.

Rey
12-23-2012, 07:40 PM
True, but what team hasn't said that? I'm sure the Patriots would have appreciated a few breaks

When I say have breaks go our way I mean get lucky. We aren't good enough.

All teams have breaks go their way, but there is a difference between the patriots having good fortune the jaguars having good fortune. Some teams need more luck than others.

Seasick Sailor
12-23-2012, 08:03 PM
When I say have breaks go our way I mean get lucky. We aren't good enough.

All teams have breaks go their way, but there is a difference between the patriots having good fortune the jaguars having good fortune. Some teams need more luck than others.

Im reminded of Alec Baldwin's famous scene from Glengary Glennross where he says, "I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it."

This team has been unable to cash in on its breaks for the last three weeks.

thunderkyss
12-23-2012, 08:10 PM
This team has been unable to cash in on its breaks for the last three weeks.

Do you mind enumerating those breaks for us please?

coltfan123
12-23-2012, 08:13 PM
I thought Houston did themselves very proud last year. After all those key injuries and having to rely on TJ to close the deal on the playoffs, beating Cincy, then taking the Ravens to the brink before Jacoby did his brain fart.

during the end of the 4th tj yates went in he did somethign shaub didnt do all game... be mobile and extend the play..

Seasick Sailor
12-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Do you mind enumerating those breaks for us please?

Forced fumble in our opponent's side of the field today that led to a three and out today for one.

Stopping the Pats on 5 consecutive possessions and not scoring a couple of weeks ago.

Are you under the impression that our recent troubles are due to a lack of opportunities?

A time to chill
12-23-2012, 08:47 PM

Last year they ended the season with three straight losses to Carolina, Indy, and Tennessee. That loss to the Colts was inexcusable as the starting QB for that game was Dan Orlovsky.

I hope I'm overreacting. I hope the Texans will beat Indy next week and at least make it to the AFC Championship. But I don't think this team has the leadership at head coach to take them that deep.

thunderkyss
12-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Forced fumble in our opponent's side of the field today that led to a three and out today for one.

Stopping the Pats on 5 consecutive possessions and not scoring a couple of weeks ago.

Are you under the impression that our recent troubles are due to a lack of opportunities?

The way your last post read, I was under the impression that there were a lot of breaks...

Big Lou
12-23-2012, 09:09 PM
I think it was described best last week, when Fouts said ithere was no rhythm, it looks like they are randomly picking plays and seeing if they work.

Showtime100
12-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I think it was described best last week, when Fouts said ithere was no rhythm, it looks like they are randomly picking plays and seeing if they work.

Exactly. He said it was like "drawing from a hat" or something like that.

Texecutioner
12-24-2012, 12:18 AM
during the end of the 4th tj yates went in he did somethign shaub didnt do all game... be mobile and extend the play..

What a complete joke. TJ did what he does best and he turned the ball over and looked like the back up that he is supposed to be.

amazing80
12-24-2012, 12:23 AM
What a complete joke. TJ did what he does best and he turned the ball over and looked like the back up that he is supposed to be.

Give me a break, the guy gets NO REPS at all during the week and was thrown to the wolves being down a million points and gutless Matt didn't even have the sack to finish the game, the game HE FAILED TO KEEP US IN. Don't let a stupid play by a green horn fool you and convince you Matt is legit

76Texan
12-24-2012, 12:37 AM
You can call it what you want to call it.

I'll call it not being good enough.

And so nobody is good enough.
The Broncos only have the same record as ours because they played more losing teams.

Texecutioner
12-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Give me a break, the guy gets NO REPS at all during the week and was thrown to the wolves being down a million points and gutless Matt didn't even have the sack to finish the game, the game HE FAILED TO KEEP US IN. Don't let a stupid play by a green horn fool you and convince you Matt is legit

Dude stop it. He came in and he immediately turned the ball over when he got his chance to play. Nothing else to say about that. It happened and he looked just as bad as he did in pre season.

Rey
12-24-2012, 12:46 AM
And so nobody is good enough.
The Broncos only have the same record as ours because they played more losing teams.

I'm talking about how the team plays and you're talking about records and stats.

I've been saying this for a few weeks now after I had my epiphany.

Youre impressed with the record. I get it.

I guess we'll talk when you actually want to discuss the way we play, because results be damned, we've played some mediocre football here in 2012.

Texecutioner
12-24-2012, 12:53 AM
I'm talking about how the team plays and you're talking about records and stats.

I guess we'll talk when you actually want to discuss the way we play, because results be damned, we've played some mediocre football here in 2012.

We've played mediocre the entire year?? Sorry, but you can say that for the last few weeks maybe but to say that now is ridiculous when we've lost only 3 games. And you damn sure haven't been saying that since week one, so that is a total exxaggerated point. You have not stated that we've been mediocre when we were on those two winning streaks. Now all of a sudden we've been mediocre in all of 2012? Okkkaaayyy.

76Texan
12-24-2012, 01:14 AM

What's the difference with the Broncos?

We beat 2 more team with winning record than they do.
And they have been at least a little more healthy than us.

Why is it so hard to see that we had a more difficult schedule than them?

Rey
12-24-2012, 01:26 AM
We've played mediocre the entire year?? Sorry, but you can say that for the last few weeks maybe but to say that now is ridiculous when we've lost only 3 games. And you damn sure haven't been saying that since week one, so that is a total exxaggerated point. You have not stated that we've been mediocre when we were on those two winning streaks. Now all of a sudden we've been mediocre in all of 2012? Okkkaaayyy.

Been saying it since last years raiders game.

76Texan
12-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Been saying it since last years raiders game.

Just because you said it, doesn't mean that it's true.

Were you here for the start of this season or were you hibernating, Sorry I must ask.

Rey
12-24-2012, 01:42 AM
What's the difference with the Broncos?

We beat 2 more team with winning record than they do.
And they have been at least a little more healthy than us.

Why is it so hard to see that we had a more difficult schedule than them?

I have not watched the broncos play all year. I've watched most of the texans snaps.

Why us it hard for you to stop looking at football as if it's played on paper?

Do you realize that bad teams can play well and good teams can play bad?

Do you realize that you can play mediocre ball and still win just as long as your opponent is worse?

Why do you keep talking to mr about records and stats when I'm talking about how we are playing?

I get it. They have won games. Our strength of schedule is good so maybe we'll be in the rose bowl. I get all that.

What I'm saying is that when I sit down and watch the 2012 Houston texans I've seen more areas of concern than Id like to see from a team with superbowl aspirations.

Playcalling at times, qb play, running game, redzone passing, crucial game/moment performance, special teams, lb play from the defense, pass rush, our tendency to fuq up I'm the secondary, OL problems, shytty kicker...

Most troubling of all is the qb position...IMO. You have a league that is now set up for qb's and wr's to be successful. You should be able to f'ing do something with what we have every game. Every. Single. Game. Not scoring at least 2 td's in every single game is a failure.

Between Kubiak's tendency to call a dumb ass play and Matt schaub just being schaub, I'm seeing a one and done scenario come play offs. I'm just hoping it's not an embarrassment.

Actually I'm hoping for a win and to be proven wrong as hell, but considering my opinion of what this team is capable of not being trounced would be a nice consolation prize.

Rey
12-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Just because you said it, doesn't mean that it's true.

Were you here for the start of this season or were you hibernating, Sorry I must ask.

I was here. Go back and check the dolphins game threads. I was not pleased with how we played. I'm on my phone right now, but when I'm at a computer Tommorrow I'll link it here if I remember.

Ever since that first game I've been saying the same dang thing. Its just that the worse we've played the sharper my tongue has gotten.

It's easy for me to shrug off bad play after a win too. I'm also a fan ya' know....

76Texan
12-24-2012, 01:48 AM
I have not watched the broncos play all year. I've watched most of the texans snaps.

Why us it hard for you to stop looking at football as if it's played on paper?

Do you realize that bad teams can play well and good teams can play bad?

Do you realize that you can play mediocre ball and still win just as long as your opponent is worse?

Why do you keep talking to mr about records and stats when I'm talking about how we are playing?

I get it. They have won games. Our strength of schedule is good so maybe we'll be in the rose bowl. I get all that.

What I'm saying is that when I sit down and watch the 2012 Houston texans I've seen more areas of concern than Id like to see from a team with superbowl aspirations.

Playcalling at times, qb play, running game, redzone passing, crucial game/moment performance, special teams, lb play from the defense, pass rush, our tendency to fuq up I'm the secondary, OL problems, shytty kicker...

Most troubling of all is the qb position...IMO. You have a league that is now set up for qb's and wr's to be successful. You should be able to f'ing do something with what we have every game. Every. Single. Game. Not scoring at least 2 td's in every single game is a failure.

Between Kubiak's tendency to call a dumb ass play and Matt schaub just being schaub, I'm seeing a one and done scenario come play offs. I'm just hoping it's not an embarrassment.

Actually I'm hoping for a win and to be proven wrong as hell, but considering my opinion of what this team is capable of not being trounced would be a nice consolation prize.

I talk about it because I actually watch all the Broncos games and all the Pats games.

I watch most games our upcoming opponents played.

I watched the Broncos, the Pats, and the Colts extensively because... Well do I even have to say why?

76Texan
12-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Hell, I even told anybody whoi would listen before the season starts that the Broncos will be in the play-offs if Manning checks out to be healthy.

He doesn't even need to be at top form.
Yeah, I think I ought to have watched a lot of Broncos games from last year to come up with such a prediction.

Texecutioner
12-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Hell, I even told anybody whoi would listen before the season starts that the Broncos will be in the play-offs if Manning checks out to be healthy.

Yeah, I think I ought to have watched a lot of Broncos games from last year to come up with such a prediction.

The Broncos have the strongest all around team now. That defense has been really good since last season. Now they added Manning to a team like that. Right now they are probably the most complete team with Miller and Dumberville's pressure on the defense. This is one of the best teams that Manning has ever got to play on.

76Texan
12-24-2012, 02:05 AM
I was here. Go back and check the dolphins game threads. I was not pleased with how we played. I'm on my phone right now, but when I'm at a computer Tommorrow I'll link it here if I remember.

Ever since that first game I've been saying the same dang thing. Its just that the worse we've played the sharper my tongue has gotten.

It's easy for me to shrug off bad play after a win too. I'm also a fan ya' know....

You realize that this is the same team that beat the Bengals and the Seahawks and gave the Pats fit?

Rey
12-24-2012, 08:26 AM
You realize that this is the same team that beat the Bengals and the Seahawks and gave the Pats fit?

Seems to me you're saying we're not on their level....:thinking:

thunderkyss
12-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Dude stop it. He came in and he immediately turned the ball over when he got his chance to play. Nothing else to say about that. It happened and he looked just as bad as he did in pre season.

& the results of Yates 4 minutes were equivalent to Schaub's 54.

Maybe we're all overstating Yates' abilities. But maybe you're doing the same for Schaub.

I think Schaub is a starter, but today, & last week, he played like a back up with his hands tied behind his back.

amazing80
12-24-2012, 11:28 AM

Maybe we're all overstating Yates' abilities. But maybe you're doing the same for Schaub.

I think Schaub is a starter, but today, & last week, he played like a back up with his hands tied behind his back.

Since the bye week Schaub has a 55.65 average QBR, 12 tds to 6 ints and 1 net yard rushing and is middle of the pack in YPA. Hes a mediocre qb in a system designed to make it simple for a qb, he always has been. A few games a season where he "lights up" a crap defense alters his stats and people begin to think he is borderline elite, never has been and never will be more than average.

Rey
12-24-2012, 11:29 AM

Here ya go 76 and Tex...The Patriots game was not where I and others started expressing concern:

Everyone reacting negatively to your take is wrong.

The players and coaches in that locker room feel the same way you do. If not for the herculean effort of one man this game could have looked completely different.

The fins moved the ball on us pretty good. They won the special teams match up. They played the run well for the most part and they got to schaub a couple times.

I think the dlolphins are going to be better than people think after watching them today, but still, we have some work to do.

The passing offense looked good for the most part though, so that's a plus.

But if we are going to get where we want to go we are going to have to play better football. Period.

I think it'll happen as this was just game one. But you are right. They should take thesis win for what it is, but keep it in perspective. They out talented a worse team, but they won't always have that luxury.

That's my thought. Happy for the win, but not blind to the notion that yesterday could have easily been a loss if it were against a better team. Do not ignore in victory what you would not ignore in defeat.

The three series of turnovers for the dolphins completely changed the game.

I felt like up until that point the game couldve gone either way.

I don't think anyone is saying we're doomed. Just pointing out that if we are going to get where we want to go we are going to have to play better football. Everyone isn't going to turn the ball over on three consecutive possessions and allow us to blow the game open.

If you listen to the players and coaches they are all saying as much.

You missed the point entirely. Doesn't matter if we forced the turnovers. Everyone isn't going to have a rookie QB that is so easily "forced" into turnovers.

That was not a top team we played and they were giving us all we could handle until that bad stretch of plays for them.

You can slice it any way you want, but if we want to win a SUPERBOWL, we need to work on some areas where we didn't perform all that well.

I'm glad the players and coaches aren't thinking like that.

That wasn't a top team we were facing on the road. That was an average at best Dolphins team we played at home.

If we want to win a Superbowl we should be aiming to shore up our weak spots. Not being being oblivious or satisfied because a win is a win. I haven't seen anyone panicking, but rather pointing out that we should aim for stronger play.

There is nothing to disagree with, again proving you have missed the point. This isn't an argument or a debate....well, unless you feel like the Texans played a perfect game.... Saying you disagree with my perspective makes 0 sense. You disagree that there are areas that we can improve in?

This is a thread that was started to discuss where we can improve. If you don't want to discuss that or think we played a perfect game and have no room for improvement, then why come in here?

You believe that because we won our shortcomings shouldn't be discussed. Well then, stop discussing it. It's that easy.

Rey
12-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Go back and read through that Dolphins thread...

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94419&page=9

It's an interesting read...

76Texan
12-24-2012, 11:43 AM
It's all well and good to cover your rear end, but you're not saying anything much different than I. I just choose to be positive about things.

Secondly, there have been a lot of injuries along the way.
You cannot tell me that the team aren't better with those players healthy.

You pull out apples and try to compare them to oranges; sorry, I'm not buying it.

76Texan
12-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Seems to me you're saying we're not on their level....:thinking:

That's why I said it's nonsense to go around in a circle.

A win is a win.
If you like moral victories, go back in and stay in 2010. :)

That team could have been 12-4, ya know. :lol:

76Texan
12-24-2012, 11:58 AM
And by the way, I expected the Texans to be closer to 12-4 with the injuries we've been sustaining. It wouldn't surprise me if the season had ended up 11-5.

I never thought we're any more of that caliber.

An 11-5 to 12-4 team are just so-so in term of play-offs expectation.

That team has as much chance of one-and-done as getting to the SB.

They should not be the favorite because they simply are not that good.

The same thing applies to the Ravens with all the injuries they had.

klockWork
12-24-2012, 12:01 PM

Schaub is our starter as long as Yates is back there. The longer we have Yates as our backup the more secure Schaub starting job is. That guy has nfl talent but is missing QB vision and instinct. In other words, as a QB Yates is completely useless.

Folks here are dismissing his bad QB play in the playoffs due to his inexperienced. From my point of view it was the worst performance a QB could ever have regardless of experience. Yates all day was given an all-pro pass protection effort from our o-line. With all the time in the world in that clean pocket that dude consistently threw the ball into double coverage. Reed drop two int and Lewis drop one. I'm still dumbfounded at that guy decision making in that game.

The fact that we still have Yates in our roster underline the inept QB evaluation in our front office. We need to bring someone who can properly evaluate QB talents.

thunderkyss
12-24-2012, 12:01 PM

Maybe.

Or just knowing he's in a division with the Raiders, Cheifs, & San Diego.

Nostradamus my butt

76Texan
12-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Maybe.

Or just knowing he's in a division with the Raiders, Cheifs, & San Diego.

Nostradamus my butt

Not really, nobody expected those teams to be that bad.

On the other hand, the Bronco's may have an additional loss or two if those teams were to be on course.

They still make the play-offs.
You give Manning a pretty good defense, and he's always dangerous.
That's why they paid him a ton of money.

thunderkyss
12-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Since the bye week Schaub has a 55.65 average QBR, 12 tds to 6 ints and 1 net yard rushing and is middle of the pack in YPA. Hes a mediocre qb in a system designed to make it simple for a qb, he always has been. A few games a season where he "lights up" a crap defense alters his stats and people begin to think he is borderline elite, never has been and never will be more than average.

I think I'm rather unique in this discussion. I don't think much of Schaub, but I don't think he's as bad as what's being said here. He's played & beat some damn good defenses.... That was Schaub lighting up the Broncos earlier this year. Sure, Peyton was rusty, but that defense then is what it is now. He also played well against several top 10 defenses last year. Not MVP well, but well enough to help us beat those teams.

He's in a funk, been in a funk for several weeks now. But he's better than what he's been lately. If we get to the Super Bowl, he'll have to play well for us to win, regardless who we play. Without him, we have no shot. None.

& I like Yates.

eriadoc
12-30-2012, 04:07 PM
OK, let's hear from you sunshine pumpers that tried your best to refute our assertion that this team was in trouble. This team was 11-1 at one point. How does 12-4 feel now? You BSed us for ten pages of this thread, coming up with tons of excuses to try and refute was was plainly evident to many of us.

Admit you were wrong or double down.

GlenRice
12-30-2012, 04:10 PM
And I was called out for making this thread. I deserve reps at least.

eriadoc
12-30-2012, 04:13 PM

I think you were mostly called out for saying that you didn't care if your team beat the Colts. Even if you had a point in saying that the team was a fluke, there are more effective ways to say it.

tedr
12-30-2012, 04:13 PM
After watching the last four games from this team, I'd have to say 11-1 was a mirage- these last four games brought them back to where they probably should have been.

mariowillshine15
12-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Poor QB play. Undisciplined defense. Bad blocking. Yuck.

utahmark
12-30-2012, 04:15 PM

You don't get rep for that crap. We all could see the team not playing well.
It's hard to be a fan of a team an admit they are really struggling. You just clutch at any little thread of hope until the season is over and there is no more hope. After the playoff's are over is a better time to talk about what to do about our problems. Just having it thrown in our face and expecting us to rep you for it is not the answer.

qqert
12-30-2012, 04:16 PM

i reward you funny cat;

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/cat-lost-his-nuts-funny-pictures.jpg

GlenRice
12-30-2012, 04:20 PM
You don't get rep for that crap. We all could see the team not playing well.
It's hard to be a fan of a team an admit they are really struggling. You just clutch at any little thread of hope until the season is over and there is no more hope. After the playoff's are over is a better time to talk about what to do about our problems. Just having it thrown in our face and expecting us to rep you for it is not the answer.

In my original post I pointed out three things that bit this teams ass today. Secondary, inconsistent offense, and special teams. I'm a realistic fan not some idoit with blindfold. Meh maybe next year.

GuerillaBlack
12-30-2012, 04:23 PM
This team is ugly, nastly, and smells like ****. It's QB is terrible and head coach is a scared coach.

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 06:03 PM
After watching the last four games from this team, I'd have to say 11-1 was a mirage- these last four games brought them back to where they probably should have been.

Not a mirage. Not reflective of the team at that point, maybe. But we beat the teams we were supposed to beat to get that record & there were some quality wins in there.

This is simply a different team than the team that won those first 9 games.

Think about it this way. The Colts are a different team than they were over those first 9 games. The Colts are a bonafide play off team.

Luck threw 18 picks this year. He hadn't thrown one in the last three weeks.

They've got a running game & their defense looks much better now than to start the year.

The team we got now. Their first game was New England. I think the only one playing now that wasn't then, was Newton & Graham. So they've had 4 weeks to get it together & right now, doesn't look like they've made any progress whatsoever.

Next week is week 5 & they've got to get it done. If they can't beat Cincinnati their season is over. But if they make it to the AFC Championship game, then they would have done what they needed to to get better each week.

mridge01
12-30-2012, 11:57 PM

Wow, this guy is prophet like. Owned all you fools that criticized him. Bump

qqert
12-31-2012, 02:57 AM

+rep

TheMatrix31
12-31-2012, 03:07 AM
Wow, this guy is prophet like. Owned all you fools that criticized him. Bump

The only prediction he made is that we won't make the Super Bowl let alone win it. How can he be "prophet-like" if the only thing he predicted hasn't even been decided yet?

qqert
12-31-2012, 03:25 AM
The only prediction he made is that we won't make the Super Bowl let alone win it. How can he be "prophet-like" if the only thing he predicted hasn't even been decided yet?

if you still believe schaub + kubes = superbowl win,

with away games at NE and DEN ...

i cant find me a big enough lolcat facepalm ..

TheMatrix31
12-31-2012, 03:34 AM
if you still believe schaub + kubes = superbowl win,

with away games at NE and DEN ...

i cant find me a big enough lolcat facepalm ..

Nobody said what I do or don't believe. Frankly I don't believe in much of anything after November 6th, 2012.

That said, he's not prophet-like because the prediction he made hasn't come to fruition yet.