PDA

View Full Version : Texans Thankful for short turn around...

EllisUnit
12-14-2012, 11:04 PM
I really only posted it because A.J dont usually say much, but i liked this comment from him.

“I have no doubt on how we will respond on Sunday,” receiver Andre Johnson said. “Period. You guys can say what you want, think what you want, just watch us on Sunday and see what happens.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/12/no-time-to-dwell-on-loss-to-new-england/

MEGA SWATT
12-14-2012, 11:51 PM
http://carolinacouponer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/oh_snap.jpghttp://nfltexans.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/9-20-johnson-ko1.jpg?w=430&h=325

aussie_texan
12-14-2012, 11:55 PM
I really only posted it because A.J dont usually say much, but i liked this comment from him.

“I have no doubt on how we will respond on Sunday,” receiver Andre Johnson said. “Period. You guys can say what you want, think what you want, just watch us on Sunday and see what happens.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/12/no-time-to-dwell-on-loss-to-new-england/

:fans: god i love this man....no homo.

but seriously what a beast! i really hope they avenge themselves this week after last weeks insipid display. we going to bring down a rain of terror on the colts this week i can feeeeel it!!!!!!!!!:evil:

ThaShark316
12-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Dre's my boy, but sometimes...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last week was "the biggest game in franchise history". Let's be quiet, fam.

thunderkyss
12-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Not that I'm looking for any excuses for them boys on Kirby, but how many other teams have had to play 3 game road stretches?

Lucky
12-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Not that I'm looking for any excuses for them boys on Kirby, but how many other teams have had to play 3 game road stretches?
Only the Packers and the Texans. Both teams went 2-1.

thunderkyss
12-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Only the Packers and the Texans. Both teams went 2-1.

Very interesting.

Is there a particular reference you used to get that info quickly, or did you have to dig through every teams schedule to find out (by the way thanks if you did).

Lucky
12-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Very interesting.

Is there a particular reference you used to get that info quickly, or did you have to dig through every teams schedule to find out (by the way thanks if you did).
I knew from a discussion (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1937786&postcount=161) we had in this forum.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Ten teams have three consecutive home games, while Green Bay and Houston are the only clubs with three straight road trips.

IDEXAN
12-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Talk is always cheap, we'll see what happens Sunday, but this game is far bigger to us than it is to Indy and we haven't done too well under pressure in big games this year. Fortunately for us this game isn't being nationally televised.

thunderkyss
12-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Talk is always cheap, we'll see what happens Sunday, but this game is far bigger to us than it is to Indy and we haven't done too well under pressure in big games this year. Fortunately for us this game isn't being nationally televised.

How is this game far bigger to us than the Colts? We're locked in, they're not. If they win this game it gives them a chance to win the division. If they lose, they don't have that chance & they're that much further from clinching a play-off spot.

This game is much, much more important to the Colts & I expect them to play like it, playing up to our level.

If you think the Colts can play up to the level of the Packers or the Patriots, then yeah we're in big trouble.

I don't. I believe it's going to be a battle, but I think the better team will win.

coltfan123
12-15-2012, 09:29 AM
How is this game far bigger to us than the Colts? We're locked in, they're not. If they win this game it gives them a chance to win the division. If they lose, they don't have that chance & they're that much further from clinching a play-off spot.

This game is much, much more important to the Colts & I expect them to play like it, playing up to our level.

If you think the Colts can play up to the level of the Packers or the Patriots, then yeah we're in big trouble.

I don't. I believe it's going to be a battle, but I think the better team will win.

well we did beat the packers and we did hang with the patriots alot longer then you guys did so dont see where the "if" is coming from...

IDEXAN
12-15-2012, 09:48 AM

The Colts have already exceeded their wildest expectations for the 2012 season: hardly anybody expected them to make it to the playoffs and I'm sure virtually nobody expected them to be the AFC South Champs in 2012.
On the other hand the Texans were favored from the beginning to be the division Champs and advance further into the playoffs than last year if not also make their first SB appearance.
Plus they have a much better chance to beat us in their house in 2 weeks.

amazing80
12-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Dre's my boy, but sometimes...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last week was "the biggest game in franchise history". Let's be quiet, fam.

My exact thoughts. Sometimes you need to just shut up and prove it on the field.....act like you've been there

HJam72
12-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I figure we win this one big, because our team is pissed about Monday night and it's in Houston. I figure they win in Indy, partly because they are pissed about what we do to them tomorrow, and it probably gets them in the playoffs as a wild-card. Then there's the game in-between for us. I think we win it, but....I'd sure hate to go 1-2.

Meanwhile,....well, I know it's not likely, but I hope San Fran. has a real good day tomorrow...

EllisUnit
12-15-2012, 10:08 AM

With NFL sunday ticket in all reality every game is nationally televised now.

EllisUnit
12-15-2012, 10:10 AM
I just have a feeling AJ is going to go full beast mode in this game, in the huddle he is going to tell schaub throw me the damn ball.

Rey
12-15-2012, 12:33 PM
My feelings about this game is that we'll come out similarly to how we have all year...kinda ok to maybe not so good...

I think it'll be a close game in the end and I hope like hell we pull it out.

I believe dre that last week was the biggest game in texans history. IMO, at the time, it was...

This game isn't as big as last weeks game but it is more important. Hopefully they rise to the occasion.

Ryan
12-15-2012, 01:05 PM
I was not pleased with AJ saying that stuff last week. For a quiet guy, sometimes he needs to stay quiet. We've already had 4 or 5 "biggest games in franchise hisory" this season, and I didn't think last week was anywhere close to that, nor the Bears game which AJ also said was the biggest game. It was a great test to see where we are as a team, and we failed it pretty massively. I know this team would only lose that way maybe once out of 100 games they played.

thunderkyss
12-15-2012, 01:19 PM
I was not pleased with AJ saying that stuff last week. For a quiet guy, sometimes he needs to stay quiet. We've already had 4 or 5 "biggest games in franchise hisory" this season, and I didn't think last week was anywhere close to that, nor the Bears game which AJ also said was the biggest game. It was a great test to see where we are as a team, and we failed it pretty massively. I know this team would only lose that way maybe once out of 100 games they played.

Had AJ not said what he said it wouldn't have changed the fact that they all felt that way. This was a measuring stick & they all knew it.

What we know didn't happen.

Preparing the defense for the Sugar Huddle

We know this because we saw too many times the Texans identified key offensive personnel too late.
Preparing the offense for their front 7

We know this, because there were too many breakdowns in blocking assignments

Fix those two & this is a totally different game. Those two are squarely on the coaches. I can't see how either Wade or Gary walked away from that game thinking, "We were prepared."

rolyat93
12-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Should've responded last week big guy.

MEGA SWATT
12-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Should've responded last week big guy.

You really expected the texans to go 16-0?

Does AJ call the plays?; does he overthrow targets?:toropalm:

MEGA SWATT
12-15-2012, 09:35 PM
well we did beat the packers and we did hang with the patriots alot longer then you guys did so dont see where the "if" is coming from...

It's not going to be a good day for the colts tomorrow:spin:

NitroGSXR
12-15-2012, 10:00 PM
The Colts clinches a playoff berth with a win tomorrow. They are going to be dangerous.

ChampionTexan
12-15-2012, 11:05 PM

Well, I certainly hope the Pats game didn't do as much of a mindf#*k on the team as it did on some of the fans.

Now we're arguing about who the game means less to? :wadepalm::toropalm::mariopalm::kubepalm:

HJam72
12-16-2012, 07:51 AM
I think it means a lot to both teams, but we are the better team, we have HFA today, and our players are nice and ticked off.

I'm worried about that last game in Indy, though, and the Pats winning out, but today we worry about today.

MEGA SWATT
12-16-2012, 12:06 PM
http://carolinacouponer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/oh_snap.jpghttp://nfltexans.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/9-20-johnson-ko1.jpg?w=430&h=325

Andre and Matt doing their job, but Arian - not soo much.

MEGA SWATT
12-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks for backing it up AJ