PDA

View Full Version : Rhythm?

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 10:21 AM
I think Matt is a rhythm QB. I think there is enough evidence on the guy to make a strong case for it.

In Denver, Kubiak/Shanahan were known to strike fast, then run out the clock (while still scoring).

If these two are true (& I'm open to arguments that they are not), why don't we start off the designed to get Matt going early? I don't mean to totally ignore the run or even be anything but balanced. But with Matt's abilities & the hands we've got on this team (AJ, OD, Watler, Arian, & Casey) why wouldn't we take advantage of that?

This has nothing to do with Monday's game. There are three teams I would not want to "push the tempo" against. New England, Green Bay, & New Orleans... maybe even Detroit. You know, don't want to poke the bear.

But every other team, without a doubt I want to start fast then put it away.

TejasTom
12-14-2012, 08:59 AM
I think Kubiak sometimes go Vizzini and outsmarts himself.

Vizzini vs Man in black quote (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/quotes?qt=qt0482733)

Vizzini vs Man in black video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_eZmEiyTo0&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

HJam72
12-14-2012, 10:00 AM
I doubt he's much of a dancer. :mcnugget:

thunderkyss
12-14-2012, 10:34 AM
I doubt he's much of a dancer. :mcnugget:

Well he sure ain't no looker.

TexanSam
12-14-2012, 10:41 AM
I think they already do that. There's been a few games this season where the Texans start off throwing the ball early and often.

badboy
12-14-2012, 11:23 AM
I have little rhythm (needs to be an 'e' in there somewhere) on dance floor, sometimes in bedroom but if Schaub is a rhythm passer he needs to rhymetically get the ball closer to his catcher's hands.

Double Barrel
12-14-2012, 11:45 AM
I hope the Texans come out fast and punch the Colts it the face!! and then our defense throws them to the ground UFC style so our offense can jump in and continue to pummel the hell out of them until their face is a bloody pulpy mess and Andrew Luck is crying in a fetal position on the sideline!!!

Yeah, I'm a little amped for this game... :boxing:

Texan Asylum
12-14-2012, 11:55 AM
I hope the Texans come out fast and punch the Colts it the face!! and then our defense throws them to the ground UFC style so our offense can jump in and continue to pummel the hell out of them until their face is a bloody pulpy mess and Andrew Luck is crying in a fetal position on the sideline!!!

I honestly believe we are going to kick the snot out of the Colts. Looking forward to an AFCC match-up with the Pats. Got my Kool Aid home-style!

http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/kool-aid-1.jpg

powda
12-15-2012, 02:58 PM
I think Matt is a rhythm QB. I think there is enough evidence on the guy to make a strong case for it.

In Denver, Kubiak/Shanahan were known to strike fast, then run out the clock (while still scoring).

If these two are true (& I'm open to arguments that they are not), why don't we start off the designed to get Matt going early? I don't mean to totally ignore the run or even be anything but balanced. But with Matt's abilities & the hands we've got on this team (AJ, OD, Watler, Arian, & Casey) why wouldn't we take advantage of that?

This has nothing to do with Monday's game. There are three teams I would not want to "push the tempo" against. New England, Green Bay, & New Orleans... maybe even Detroit. You know, don't want to poke the bear.

But every other team, without a doubt I want to start fast then put it away.

Been saying this for years now. Schaub IS a rhythm passer. This week will tell a lot about our team. Roll over and make it close or beat the snot out of a team we should. A lot of my opinions on the heart of this team revolve around how they rebound this week.

MEGA SWATT
12-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Here is why I think you're 100% correct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cT3hQUIa6M

thunderkyss
12-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Been saying this for years now. Schaub IS a rhythm passer. This week will tell a lot about our team. Roll over and make it close or beat the snot out of a team we should. A lot of my opinions on the heart of this team revolve around how they rebound this week.

Until we get to 100% health, or even 90% I wouldn't expect us to beat the snot out of too many teams.

coltfan123
12-15-2012, 10:46 PM

Dont beleive it will be a blow out, i beleive your coach will go turtle like he always does but i also beleive colts will lose this game.

badboy
12-15-2012, 11:59 PM
If Texans win handily first game, do they switch to their alter egos in the final game?

NitroGSXR
12-16-2012, 12:06 AM
If Texans win handily first game, do they switch to their alter egos in the final game?

No but we'll be resting starters.

powda
12-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Dont beleive it will be a blow out, i beleive your coach will go turtle like he always does but i also beleive colts will lose this game.

As an offensive coordinator I have always respected Kubiak. His offense is such a dramatic change from the trash we had before. In the last year or so I had begun to appreciate him as a coach at least once in a while. But last week was an embarrassment beyond words. If you look at the rosters we have comparable or superior talent to new england. The difference was dominant coaching versus Kubiaks pop warner presentation. The stage was to big and the players realized they werent prepared after the 2nd drive or so. If they nut up that bad in a regular season game, what do you think is going to happen in the playoffs? This team needs homefield advantage more then most.

JimBaker488
12-16-2012, 12:13 AM
It works for some couples, not so much for others.

ajohnson80
12-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Yes, he is very much a rhythm player but I could make a case that every qb is a rhythm passer. The problem with Schaub is I feel he loses his sense of urgency. He often looks bored at random parts of the game. I see a different player when the Texans need to score except the two losses where the opponent was clearly going to outscore us anyways. If he could bring up his focus level for a whole 60 minutes no question he's accurate enough and makes smart enough decisions to be elite.

HJam72
12-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Yes, he is very much a rhythm player but I could make a case that every qb is a rhythm passer. The problem with Schaub is I feel he loses his sense of urgency. He often looks bored at random parts of the game. I see a different player when the Texans need to score except the two losses where the opponent was clearly going to outscore us anyways. If he could bring up his focus level for a whole 60 minutes no question he's accurate enough and makes smart enough decisions to be elite.

Andre, shouldn't you be eating breakfast or something, instead of getting on here posting complaints about your QB? :jk: