PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak calls out players manhood

DX-TEX
12-12-2012, 02:25 PM
http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/12-11-12-coach-challenges-the-texans-manhood-after-tom-brady-snubs-them-delivers-championship-lesson/

Their usually ultra-positive coach isn't just pissed. He's questioning what they're made of, their very manhood.

"Kubiak came in and challenged us as men," Texans safety Danieal Manning says. "He knows what this team can be. We all know what type of talent we have and how this is unacceptable.

"He put it all out there. He put a mirror on us and we saw what he saw and we didn't like it."

Kubiak calls for the Texans to be more Patriot like, to play and prepare with the relentless, merciless intensity New England shows in bulldozing their national stage visions 42-14.

"It was an ass whipping," veteran wide receiver Andre Johnson says.

"He told us, 'You seen what it takes to be a championship team,' " defensive end Antonio Smith says. "You've seen it up close. Now, are you going to do it? Are you going to commit?' "

If this isn't Kubiak shoving all his chips to the center of the table Jim Fassel style, it's as close as he's liable to ever come.

But the Texans' season will not hinge on whether Kubiak keeps throwing and puts the one player he can't afford to lose (Matt Schaub) at risk down 28 points in the fourth quarter. It's going to come down to how an extremely talented, but still somewhat immature team responds to his manhood challenge.

Kubiak goes out of character to make sure the Texans find theirs in time.

"Not quite like that before," Manning says when asked if Kubiak's ever delivered a similar, unmistakable, direct challenge to the entire team.

The coach knows the now 11-2 Texans are at the telling point in their season. Sure, they'll never be taken seriously nationally again until they beat a team like the Patriots in the playoffs. But that's not Kubiak's concern. Not right now.

Hope it helps.

Thorn
12-12-2012, 02:30 PM
"He told us, 'You seen what it takes to be a championship team,' " defensive end Antonio Smith says. "You've seen it up close. Now, are you going to do it? Are you going to commit?' "

i hope they were all listening to this part.

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 02:31 PM
http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/12-11-12-coach-challenges-the-texans-manhood-after-tom-brady-snubs-them-delivers-championship-lesson/

Hope it helps.

I think we have a team now that is capable to responding to this kind of criticism. In the past, I don't think so, maybe last year. But before that, not at all.

We have a team full of professionals & leaders. I have faith in them.

eriadoc
12-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Kudos to Kubes, from one of his harsher critics.

Seņor Stan
12-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Will Kubiak look to be more Patriot like in the way he calls this Sundays game?

I think there were more people with lessons to be learned than just the players...

TimeKiller
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Criticisms of Kubiak aside, this was exactly what he needed to say. You wanna be that great? BE that great.

drs23
12-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Very un-Kubiak like and I like it. I hope it pissed the team off and hurt their feelings enough to turn this around. Quickly. We've got the Colts at home and they've proven themselves to not be pushovers. Not a given easy out. The whole team needs to take that ass chewing to heart and get their act together before they find themselves playing in the wild card round.

Will they, can they do it.

I hope so.

We'll find out Sunday around noon.

El Tejano
12-12-2012, 02:53 PM
How much you wanna bet there will be no OTN over the next month or so?

TheIronDuke
12-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm sure he was looking right at Barwin when he was questioning everyone's manhood. His greatest contribution this entire season are those stupid jackets and his hipster styles.

cuppacoffee
12-12-2012, 02:56 PM

Hope it helps.

Green Bay "whupping" their asses was an aberration.

Another ass "whupping", this time from New England, is a pattern.

Texans don't seem to be ready/capable to step up to the big time.

:coffee:

badboy
12-12-2012, 03:00 PM
While I like it, Kubiak should compare himself to Belichek and say "I'm gonna man up also."

DX-TEX
12-12-2012, 03:02 PM
While I like it, Kubiak should compare himself to Belichek and say "I'm gonna man up also."

Well we dont really know if he didnt. Read the article and they say he asks players not to broadcast his after game speeches.

qqert
12-12-2012, 03:05 PM

I think there were more people with lessons to be learned than just the players...

totally agree.
we got outcoached in the pats game, not outplayed.

where was the TIMEOUT in the 1st Q when brady was marching down quicktime?

break the tempo with a timeout, before it becomes a big lead!!!

if theres one to be blamed for sunday's ass whipping its kubiak.
he needs the mirror more than anyone else...

Fili
12-12-2012, 03:09 PM
I'll call out Kubiak. Quit trying to play Madden during an NFL game.

TexansBlood
12-12-2012, 03:11 PM
totally agree.
we got outcoached in the pats game, not outplayed.

where was the TIMEOUT in the 1st Q when brady was marching down quicktime?

break the tempo with a timeout, before it becomes a big lead!!!

if theres one to be blamed for sunday's ass whipping its kubiak.
he needs the mirror more than anyone else...

And that's the difference. Didnt bilichek call a time out on the second play of the game after Foster had a nice gain? He did it for a reason to calm there D down and have them refocus before we gained momentum to start that game.

Double Barrel
12-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Kubiak calls for the Texans to be more Patriot like, to play and prepare with the relentless, merciless intensity New England shows in bulldozing their national stage visions 42-14.

I like it. Kubiak has been on championship caliber teams, both as a player and as a coach. Many folks forget he was a back up QB on three Super Bowl teams, and also has three Super Bowl rings as a coach of both the Broncos and 49ers. He KNOWS what it takes to be a champion and he's calling them out and telling them truth when they need to hear it.

And I have no doubt that he is his own harshest critic. He's not going to air that stuff in public or even to his team, but I feel confident that he's gut checking himself as a head coach. The way this team has been in the two losses are a reflection of him as HC. And he knows these players will have to dig deep to find those intangibles to beat guys like Brady and Manning in the post-season.

"I could sense it from the coin toss," Smith says of a routine led by Brady (of course). "It was business. Straight up business. They'd barely look at you. They'd shake your hand firmly, but they wouldn't look you in the eye. They were letting us know it was on."

I am glad the players recognized it. The Patriots are a dynasty, as great as the '90's Cowboys, '80's 49ers, and '70's Steelers. They exude confidence and a business attitude as cold-blooded as a professional hitman. This comes from the head coach, too. They take care of the little details every day and expect greatness from everyone, not just the stars of the team. The Texans are on their way, but they have to take it to the next level. Stop getting wide eyed about MNF games against the Patriots. Start getting steely-eyed like Clint Eastwood in a western.

Exascor
12-12-2012, 03:38 PM
And that's the difference. Didnt bilichek call a time out on the second play of the game after Foster had a nice gain? He did it for a reason to calm there D down and have them refocus before we gained momentum to start that game.Umm...the Pats had 12 men on the field. At least that was what the commentators said. Yes it looks like Belichick made an adjustment but I seriously doubt he takes a timeout after 2 plays and less than 1 minute off the clock just to make an adjustment.

As for all the "Kubiak should take the blame" peeps - he has been crucified by fans & media after losses for always saying "it's on me". I'm sure he takes responsiblity for the problems as usual even if it isn't reported. Kubiak has flaws - taking the blame has never been one of them though.

Also the problems in the Patriots game were from the top down. Kubiak, Phillips and the players blew it. You can blame Kubiak all you want but it's not Kubiak that failed to catch balls, throw balls poorly, failed to pick up fumbles or make stupid penalties. Coaches can only do so much. Players still have to execute what they are coached to do (or not to do). This was a team loss.

Can't wait to put this garbage game behind us.

qqert
12-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Coaches can only do so much. .

to my eyes, this was a coaching loss. not a players failing to make plays loss.
i can only count to ten, but surely there's more boneheaded plays called in that game than my fingers?

badboy
12-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Well we dont really know if he didnt. Read the article and they say he asks players not to broadcast his after game speeches.If it can be made known players manhood is questioned then he should not mind doing same and not the old "it's on me".

wolf123
12-12-2012, 03:50 PM
i can only count to ten, but surely there's more boneheaded plays called in that game than my fingers?

You need to get your eyes checked. This was on the players as much as the coaching. Our coaches got out coached and our players got their asses whipped all over the field.

TexanSam
12-12-2012, 03:51 PM
We'll see how they respond against the Colts. But even if we win, I think we won't know if these guys respond until the playoffs. If/when we play the Patriots or Broncos then we'll see how resilient this team is. I don't think they'd roll over and let themselves get steamrolled again, but Monday's game will continue to leave that thought in the back of my mind until they prove otherwise on a national stage.

Textan
12-12-2012, 03:51 PM

I was hoping against hope that this past MNF would put an end to the doubts I had about the Texans.
My faith in the team is very weak at this time.
I have no faith in Kubiak's play calling/game preparation and Schaubs ability.
Yates showed more grit and scrambling ability last year. That game winning drive against the Bengals during the regular season was something I've never seen with Schaub.
I hope the team catches fire. I hope they prove my insecurities unfounded.
I hope Kubiaks play calling leaves me smiling with its cutting edge surprises.
I hope Schaub shows me he's not a sloth.
I hope.

TheIronDuke
12-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I was hoping against hope that this past MNF would put an end to the doubts I had about the Texans.
My faith in the team is very weak at this time.
I have no faith in Kubiak's play calling/game preparation and Schaubs ability.
Yates showed more grit and scrambling ability last year. That game winning drive against the Bengals during the regular season was something I've never seen with Schaub.
I hope the team catches fire. I hope they prove my insecurities unfounded.
I hope Kubiaks play calling leaves me smiling with its cutting edge surprises.
I hope Schaub shows me he's not a sloth.
I hope.

I could use a good man to help me get my project on wheels. I'll keep an eye out for you and the chessboard ready. Remember, Textan, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well. Your friend. TheIronDuke

Textan
12-12-2012, 04:08 PM
I could use a good man to help me get my project on wheels. I'll keep an eye out for you and the chessboard ready. Remember, Textan, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well. Your friend. TheIronDuke

I was hoping someone would see all those hopes and connect the dots to Shawshank.:user:
Just had my best laugh since the MNF massacre.
It is indeed the best of things.

Rey
12-12-2012, 04:11 PM

So now New England is put back up on a pedestal. Man, I would rather he said fucc NE. We are going to get in their shyt next time and I WILL MAKE DAMN WELL SURE OF THAT!

Teams take on the character of the head coach/leadership. Look at Detroit with Suh...That coach has a history of having those kinds of players. Going after Harbaugh because he felt disrespected...

Look at the Jets with Rex...

Cowboys with Jerry Jones...

Patriots don't do a lot of talking as a team. Just come out and play ball and punish you if they can.

This team takes after Kubiak. Listen to some of them talk. They use the same phrases as Kubiak. Hell, Schaub sounds just like Kubiak.

This team has has a long history under Kubiak of coming out and ****ting the bed. Not just this year. Not just this game. Texans have come out too often under Kubiak and looked unprepared or unmotivated. Biggest difference now is we now have talent to overcome some of those lack luster efforts.

Man, go back to the first game of the season. The texans should have come out like hell on wheels and instead they had a Dlolphins team with a rookie QB and new system hanging around with them only to be saved by Super Watt.

We rarely come out and play complete games. Either we stink at first or we stink at the end or we stink the whole way through. Very rarely do we come out under Kubiak and play good, competitive football the entire game.

I'm glad Kubiak gave his speech and challenged them, but this team will not change under him until he changes. He needs to be more assertive in his play calling. More aggressive. More thourough. Aggressiveness needs to become a habit at Reliant. Being thorough should become an ingrained part of their culture. Playing clean football and wanting to tear your opponent a new ******* should be a constant. That's what separates perennial winners from well....US.....

It should not take a loss like this...Or a loss like the Packers for us to get a fuccin hint...

Jesus...What the hell did they think? We can just go into Foxboro and **** and giggle our way to a victory?

Man...I'm happy they are talking that good talk after that ass kicking, but Kubiak...dude...

This is on you.

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 04:12 PM

Agree, & it sucks. But they said the same thing about Manning & the Colts. Would you trade our last 10 years for the last 10 years of Colts seasons?

The important thing to remember, is that 6 years ago, we said we wanted a perennial play-off team. We knew nobody wins the Super Bowl every year.

So we're not going to win it this year, big whup. At least we're still playing meaningful football with 3 weeks to go. At least we know we'll be playing in January. At least we swept both the Jags & the Titans.

This has been a great ride so far. There may be 13 teams in the AFC that would love to have done what we've done so far. Fans of 13 teams that wish their team had the season we've had.

Then, at the end of the day, it's just a game. It's just entertainment. What does it say about you that you can't enjoy this?

I'm not saying you can't criticize the team, or even concede that we can't win the Super Bowl (There's a chance we'll play Baltimore in the AFC Championship game & Washington in the Super Bowl).

But it seems like you are not letting yourself enjoy a purty good season so far.

Textan
12-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Can't speak for all, but I personally want more than a good regular season. I WANT IT ALL.
Selfish, I know.
Seriously, who remembers the losers in the AFC or NFC Championships?
For that matter....the losers in the Super Bowl?
40 something years I've lived in the Houston area. Was a Luv Ya Blue faithful and was never rewarded for my faith. Sure, they had some great seasons, but never the ring season.
I want the Texans to be exceptional, not good.

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 04:33 PM
So now New England is put back up on a pedestal. Man, I would rather he said fucc NE. We are going to get in their shyt next time and I WILL MAKE DAMN WELL SURE OF THAT!

You've got to know your players & you've got to know who you are. None of those guys in that locker room would buy that from Kubiak.

Teams take on the character of the head coach/leadership. Look at Detroit with Suh...That coach has a history of having those kinds of players. Going after Harbaugh because he felt disrespected...

Look at the Jets with Rex...

Cowboys with Jerry Jones...

Are you serious? I love reading your posts man.... even the long ones where you talk circles around yourself.

But really?

Look at Detroit with Suh? That thing is falling apart. The Jets, falling apart. The Cowboys..... yeah, they've got some rings, but since 2002, the Texans have just as many play-off wins & a much better chance of getting to the Super Bowl.

I understand what you're saying, but I doubt Belichick would give them that speach, I doubt Dungy would give that speach, & I doubt Coughlin would give that speech.

I can't think of any "dynasty" that bullied their way there.

Perfection is the key. Chase perfection.

Vince Lombardi
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

I know it's not obvious & difficult to see with the GB & NE losses fresh on our minds, but I think this is the direction Kubiak has us headed.

Exascor
12-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Can't speak for all, but I personally want more than a good regular season. I WANT IT ALL.
Selfish, I know.
40 something years I've lived in the Houston area. Was a Luv Ya Blue faithful and was never rewarded for my faith. Sure, they had some great seasons, but never the ring season.
I want the Texans to be exceptional, not good.Of course we all want the same thing. Not just us but from McNair to the lowest paid Texans employee wants it. All the coaches and players want it. Houston football fans in particular are championship starved. If we don't get to the Superbowl and win it, some fans will call for some coaches and/or players heads. It happens to 31 teams every year.

I said this in another thread: What do Bill Belichick and Gary Kubiak have in common? Neither has won a Superbowl since Kubiak has been a head coach.

Winning the Super Bowl is just not an easy goal to reach. Hopefully we get it done this year. :fans:

TheRealJoker
12-12-2012, 04:40 PM
It's pretty clear we went to New England to kiss their rings. Hopefully in the playoffs nobody on this team will be starstruck by the opposing team.

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Selfish, I know.

As wishy washy as your faith is in the Texans, I can only imagine the type of faith you put into the Oilers.

We haven't got out of the regular season & you "know" we won't win the Super Bowl. Play-off seeding has yet to be determined, we're leading the race, & you're already pissed that we haven't won the Super Bowl.

WTF? The game is two months away.

We're trying to set ourselves up for the best possible odds of getting to the Super Bowl. There are very few people who thought we would have lost to the Patriots last year had Matt not been Haynesworthed. Between now & Jan 20th, you don't know what the Pats are going to look like, or what we're going to look like.

We should be enjoying this season & looking forward to the play-offs. Not crying about being 11-2, the best record in the AFC, & the best chance of getting HFT

GP
12-12-2012, 04:45 PM
BDD. Big damn deal.

He needs to only look at himself if he wants to know why they act so carefree and dull all the time.

My favorite line of Remember The Titans:

"Attitude reflect leadership."

http://mollermarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/attitude.jpg

That was in response to (and isn't it funny the guy's name is GARY) Gary's poor leadership that was fracturing the team. He kept pressing him, pressing him, and finally was met with the "Attitude reflect leadership."

Whatever the big boss man is allowing, permitting, or maybe just not giving two ****s about at all...it drips down like a percolating coffee machine.

So actually, Gary Kubiak was calling himself out. Except he's too blind to see that it's HIM that has caused his own problems. No, his perfect system of offense that has HIS players--the ones he knows can run it very well--it's just an issue of the players not responding enough to it, and to his well-built team overall.

What a dumbass. I'm glad some of you think he was bold, but truthfully it's sad that he is doing this NOW. He gets on their ass in camp and then when the reg season rolls around, it's as if he thinks (I suppose) that he's got the most professional 53 men on his roster and that all that camp prep will pay off all season long.

He lets his house get in disarray, including his awkward comments about Tate that seem to run pretty deep to me.

His pep talk is good for the symptoms, but it doesn't cure the disease. No doctor tries to cure the symptoms, they medicate for it...like Kubiak is right now...but they aim to stop the real problem that is causing the symptoms. He has no ability for true introspection and dare I say the humble approach of running a full audit on himself and his own sacred cows (pun intended) that he holds so dear to him. Failing to play your best players, such as benching Tate until it was clear he couldn't bench him any longer, is my perfect example. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Looks good to mommas and daddies who have kids playing college ball, but not so much in the old NFL system.

And has been pointed out many times, by many reputable posters here, he's got a penchant for this sort of "lulled to sleep" team attitude. Yeah, great, you guys are calm when everything around you is burning down. That gets you by the WEAK teams like the Lions who used to be like the old Texans and couldn't stand the pressure so they caved easily under the weight of it. That's why I knew we'd beat the Jets. The Bears. The Jags. AND The Lions. All of those teams are not as ready as we are, and now we know we're not as ready as the Packers and Patriots are.

We're stuck in the middle. A step up that old ladder, for sure, but he's going to have to really up HIS game if he wants these guys to take the next step up the ladder. He needs to freaking stop interjecting his own play calls and just let Dennison have the full workload. And yes, Kubiak himself says he gets every call from Dennison and that he, Kubiak, will change the call if he wants to...right there on the spot. So do you think the majority of Dennison's calls go through to Matt? I doubt it.

Gary Kubiak, you need to up your game too. You of all people can't be getting your ass handed to you by the very coaches of the teams you want YOUR team to look like.

People don't change their stripes easily, though. And Gary Kubiak is the chief of all examples in that area. Yet he wants them to change? LOL. He's going to end up getting the same results as long as he keeps failing to be a better HC.

NitroGSXR
12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Selfish, I know.

Super Bowl losers? Buffalo quickly comes to mind.

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
BDD. Big damn deal.

He needs to only look at himself if he wants to know why they act so carefree and dull all the time.

Does that go for the tough gritty wins that helped us get to 11-2, or just the 2 losses?

And has been pointed out many times, by many reputable posters here, he's got a penchant for this sort of "lulled to sleep" team attitude.

So why did the Pats get beat by the Cardinals, Seahawks, & Baltimore again? Was that the teams attitude following the Coaches "leadership" or were they lulled to sleep by old sleepy eye?

Or does that only apply to Kubiak who's team only lost to the two best teams in the league?

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Super Bowl losers? Buffalo quickly comes to mind.

I was thinking New England over the last 6 years.

Rey
12-12-2012, 05:00 PM
BDD. Big damn deal.

http://mollermarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/attitude.jpg

That was in response to (and isn't it funny the guy's name is GARY) Gary's poor leadership that was fracturing the team. He kept pressing him, pressing him, and finally was met with the "Attitude reflect leadership."

Whatever the big boss man is allowing, permitting, or maybe just not giving two ****s about at all...it drips down like a percolating coffee machine.

So actually, Gary Kubiak was calling himself out. Except he's too blind to see that it's HIM that has caused his own problems. No, his perfect system of offense that has HIS players--the ones he knows can run it very well--it's just an issue of the players not responding enough to it, and to his well-built team overall.

What a dumbass. I'm glad some of you think he was bold, but truthfully it's sad that he is doing this NOW. He gets on their ass in camp and then when the reg season rolls around, it's as if he thinks (I suppose) that he's got the most professional 53 men on his roster and that all that camp prep will pay off all season long.

He lets his house get in disarray, including his awkward comments about Tate that seem to run pretty deep to me.

His pep talk is good for the symptoms, but it doesn't cure the disease. No doctor tries to cure the symptoms, they medicate for it...like Kubiak is right now...but they aim to stop the real problem that is causing the symptoms. He has no ability for true introspection and dare I say the humble approach of running a full audit on himself and his own sacred cows (pun intended) that he holds so dear to him. Failing to play your best players, such as benching Tate until it was clear he couldn't bench him any longer, is my perfect example. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Looks good to mommas and daddies who have kids playing college ball, but not so much in the old NFL system.

And has been pointed out many times, by many reputable posters here, he's got a penchant for this sort of "lulled to sleep" team attitude. Yeah, great, you guys are calm when everything around you is burning down. That gets you by the WEAK teams like the Lions who used to be like the old Texans and couldn't stand the pressure so they caved easily under the weight of it. That's why I knew we'd beat the Jets. The Bears. The Jags. AND The Lions. All of those teams are not as ready as we are, and now we know we're not as ready as the Packers and Patriots are.

We're stuck in the middle. A step up that old ladder, for sure, but he's going to have to really up HIS game if he wants these guys to take the next step up the ladder. He needs to freaking stop interjecting his own play calls and just let Dennison have the full workload. And yes, Kubiak himself says he gets every call from Dennison and that he, Kubiak, will change the call if he wants to...right there on the spot. So do you think the majority of Dennison's calls go through to Matt? I doubt it.

Gary Kubiak, you need to up your game too. You of all people can't be getting your ass handed to you by the very coaches of the teams you want YOUR team to look like.

People don't change their stripes easily, though. And Gary Kubiak is the chief of all examples in that area. Yet he wants them to change? LOL. He's going to end up getting the same results as long as he keeps failing to be a better HC.

Gp, you could have just quoted me and said "this".

Would rep if I could.

Goatcheese
12-12-2012, 05:04 PM
He should stand outside the locker room doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwwY9y6O3hw

drs23
12-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Gp, you could have just quoted me and said "this".

Would rep if I could.

Rey, you know damned good and well that's not nearly enough key strokes! :D

PapaL
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Glad I'm not the only one questioning the fortitude of this team. We got PUNKED. Plain and simple.

Rey
12-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Does that go for the tough gritty wins that helped us get to 11-2, or just the 2 losses?

So why did the Pats get beat by the Cardinals, Seahawks, & Baltimore again? Was that the teams attitude following the Coaches "leadership" or were they lulled to sleep by old sleepy eye?

Or does that only apply to Kubiak who's team only lost to the two best teams in the league?

It's not the results tk.

It's THE WAY WE PLAY.

We play the same kind of ball we always have under kubiak. It's just now we have more talent. But when you run into a better team on a mission you get what you get this past Monday. When you face Detroit, the jags and teams like that you just out talent them....eventually....

You name a few games where the patriots might not have been on top of their game (I dont know...I didn't watch, maybe the other teams just stepped their game up) but assumning you're right, those games are aberrations for them...

Games where we play good football for most of the game are aberrations for us.

ObsiWan
12-12-2012, 05:19 PM
It's not the results tk.

It's THE WAY WE PLAY.

We play the same kind of ball we always have under kubiak. It's just now we have more talent. But when you run into a better team on a mission you get what you get this past Monday. When you face Detroit, the jags and teams like that you just out talent them.

You name a few games where the patriots might not have been on top of their game (I dont know...I didn't watch, maybe the other teams just stepped their game up) but assumning you're right, those games are aberrations for them...

Sooo the Cardinals, Seahawks, and Ravens "out talented" Tom Brady and the Patriots??

Rey
12-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Sooo the Cardinals, Seahawks, and Ravens "out talented" Tom Brady and the Patriots??

Please go back and read what I wrote. I can't even respond to that because it has 0 to do with what I said.

I said either those teams rose their game or the patriots played worse than they normally do.

You think coaching and having a team come out prepared to play was the reason we beat Detroit?

No, we got a little lucky and their coach might happen to be worse at managing the game than ours.

ObsiWan
12-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Please go back and read what I wrote. I can't even respond to that because it has 0 to do with what I said.

I said either those teams rose their game or the patriots played worse than they normally do.

You think coaching and having a team come out prepared to play was the reason we beat Detroit?

No, we got a little lucky and their coach might happen to be worse at managing the game than ours.

Okay... I'll give you that point... Those teams could have upped their play level to go against the Pats... or Belichick could have taken those teams lightly and under prepared... or Brady may not have been razor sharp against them like he was against us.
Most likely it was some combination of those three things...

My original response was aimed at your point that we got most of our 11 wins off of luck and/or superior talent. I doubt that seriously. But I'm not going to waste your time trying to convince you otherwise.

Sorry I interrupted your mutual rant society meeting.

Enjoy.
:fans: :fans:

Edit:
For the Official Record, no one is more pissed about getting our collective a$$es kicked (nation TV or not) than I am. The difference is, I put the blame on the players who are paid to make the damned plays, throw the damned ball accurately, catch the damned ball (looking at you KW), not block in the back, and do something to stop Vince Wolfolk from occupying our backfield. I don't care what's called, it's up to the players to make it happen.
THEY didn't.
THEY should be called out
And NO, HELL No, the coaches - from Kubiak on down - are not without fault. But when my boss gives me a job, its on ME to get it done. It's only on him when he knows, before he asks, that I can't do it. That is why I hold the players responsible.
/Rant

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 05:54 PM

I'm sorry you guys had to wait so long to say, "I told you so." I'm sorry Kubiak said something, or did something to make you think we were as good as the Patriots & the Packers. Why else would you be so mad? As if someone lied to you.

I'm sorry we aren't as dominating a team as you would like us to be when we're starting our second RG (rookie) third RT, third OLB, third ILB, 4th CB, lost our best defensive player, & our best corner back hasn't been healthy all year.

I'm sorry that the best this coaching staff can do with their third string players is 11-2.

I'm sorry we haven't played any good football this year & still manage to be 11-2 despite playing 4 division leaders & the Packers.

I'm sorry the team we have doesn't act like a team that has been in 6 Super Bowls & won 3.

I'm sorry that "W-Ls is all that matters!!!" doesn't matter any more since we are 11-2.

I wish I could say something to help you enjoy what the team accomplished instead of fixating on what they haven't, or get all bent out of shape about losing a game they haven't even played yet.

I'm sorry.

ObsiWan
12-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry you guys had to wait so long to say, "I told you so." I'm sorry Kubiak said something, or did something to make you think we were as good as the Patriots & the Packers. Why else would you be so mad? As if someone lied to you.

I'm sorry we aren't as dominating a team as you would like us to be when we're starting our second RG (rookie) third RT, third OLB, third ILB, 4th CB, lost our best defensive player, & our best corner back hasn't been healthy all year.

I'm sorry that the best this coaching staff can do with their third string players is 11-2.

I'm sorry we haven't played any good football this year & still manage to be 11-2 despite playing 4 division leaders & the Packers.

I'm sorry that "W-Ls is all that matters!!!" doesn't matter any more since we are 11-2.

I wish I could say something to help you enjoy what the team accomplished instead of fixating on what they haven't, or get all bent out of shape about losing a game they haven't even played yet.

I'm sorry.

Sorry ain't good enuff!!
:barman:

76Texan
12-12-2012, 06:05 PM

I can count to a hundred. :spin:

76Texan
12-12-2012, 06:12 PM
It's not the results tk.

It's THE WAY WE PLAY.

We play the same kind of ball we always have under kubiak. It's just now we have more talent. But when you run into a better team on a mission you get what you get this past Monday. When you face Detroit, the jags and teams like that you just out talent them....eventually....

You haven't been to the Pats MB. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Rey
12-12-2012, 06:18 PM
You haven't been to the Pats MB. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Yeah...I'd say three Superbowl trophies in 5 appearances and an all time great coach and QB sure looks greener from here...

I think your post should be directed at Pats fans because to a Texans fan it makes no sense...

HoustonFrog
12-12-2012, 06:23 PM
This is just a throw away question but what about Wade in all if this? Gary is being bad cop now but from being a Dallas fan I know Wade plans and executes big time defenses but he isn't inspiring. He is a slow good old boy. Just an observation since D is getting torched and Gary is laying down the law. Carry on.

EllisUnit
12-12-2012, 06:23 PM

I hope one of them stood up and said

"you've seen what it takes to be a championship play calling head coach....blah blah blah"

Just saying

76Texan
12-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah...I'd say three Superbowl trophies in 5 appearances and an all time great coach and QB sure looks greener from here...

I think your post should be directed at Pats fans because to a Texans fan it makes no sense...

What does the past have to do with the future?
Before the Packers game, we were unbeaten.

Just this week, plenty of Pats fans posted that they couldn't believe they can with the Defense they have.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2012, 06:51 PM
I think we have a team now that is capable to responding to this kind of criticism. In the past, I don't think so, maybe last year. But before that, not at all.

We have a team full of professionals & leaders. I have faith in them.

This sums up how feel.

In the past, we had players *ahem* no names that would be last in and first to leave. We had another player that thought he was being criticized too harshly by Kubiak.

Now, I think we have a group of guys that will take this message to heart. It could be a looooong day for the Colts this Sunday.

EllisUnit
12-12-2012, 07:00 PM
We will see them again in the play-offs. It will be epic and it will be at our house and we will destroy them.

False Start
12-12-2012, 07:23 PM
O/U on how many, gosh darnets, dangits, and frickin bombs were dropped by Kubiak? :littlelol:

I'm glad Kubes finally did something like this. This teams a wake up call, and maybe this was it

EllisUnit
12-12-2012, 07:28 PM
O/U on how many, gosh darnets, dangits, and frickin bombs were dropped by Kubiak? :littlelol:

I'm glad Kubes finally did something like this. This teams a wake up call, and maybe this was it

"Its on me" always seemed to work pretty well though :whip:

Texan_Bill
12-12-2012, 07:30 PM

But FS.... They're "good kids"!!! :kitten:

TheMatrix31
12-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Good! They deserved it!

False Start
12-12-2012, 08:06 PM
But FS.... They're "good kids"!!! :kitten:

They bust their tails on every play, and are hella of a bunch of ball players! :deadhorse

Texan_Bill
12-12-2012, 08:20 PM
They bust their tails on every play, and are hella of a bunch of ball players! :deadhorse

LMFAO!!! And they will fight... They will battle fight!!! :deadhorse

DocBar
12-12-2012, 09:56 PM
I hope Kubiak looked deep into that mirror himself. Running Foster time after time for 2 freaking yards a carry is as much to blame as anything else. Tate was ripping big yards and keeping him in the doghouse is bull****.

There's plenty of blame to go around for the ass whpping on Monday nite, but Kubes needs to own up to his own shortcomings. He was thoroughly outcoached and should be embarrassed cuz he sure did look bare assed on Monday nite.
:toropalm:

NitroGSXR
12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Courtesy of Hagar's manhood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkTvbyjv9nE

MEGA SWATT
12-12-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm glad Kubes told them that.

I didn't care for the 2 bs PI calls - superstar franchise calls imo
Kubes play calling was JV - fo sho.
MS was poor in accuracy, timing and decision making - he needs to man up.
I didn't care for TB excessive celebration and for whispering in zebra's ear after tasting turf
As for Belichick, hmm - after Spygate, no superbowl wins. Legacy of cheating:fingergun:

wolf123
12-12-2012, 10:49 PM
The one good coach we've ever had and we want to run him off because were 11-2... :gamer:

DocBar
12-12-2012, 10:52 PM
The one good coach we've ever had and we want to run him off because were 11-2... :gamer:Not too many pink soapers these days, but accountabilty starts with yourself. Want to demand I be accountable? Show me how accountable you are. Kubes is a pretty good coach, but this calling out seems more for show considering how poor some ofhis decisions were.

GP
12-12-2012, 10:54 PM
It'd be awesome if during Kubiak's presser...Glover Quin and Brandon Harris ran from the side and shoved him in the back, knocking Kubiak to the ground....then they run off with their hands in the air like "I didn't do anything!"

Marcus
12-12-2012, 10:59 PM
(shaking my head)

DocBar
12-12-2012, 11:00 PM
It'd be awesome if during Kubiak's presser...Glover Quin and Brandon Harris ran from the side and shoved him in the back, knocking Kubiak to the ground....then they run off with their hands in the air like "I didn't do anything!"Only if Winston is cut by the Chiefs and holds him while Antonio Smith is jumping offsides for a distraction. Almost like a James Bond movie!!!

wolf123
12-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Not too many pink soapers these days, but accountabilty starts with yourself. Want to demand I be accountable? Show me how accountable you are. Kubes is a pretty good coach, but this calling out seems more for show considering how poor some ofhis decisions were.

Kubiak is extremely respected by his players. Just cause he's calling out his players doesn't mean he didn't call out himself in front of the players too. I like what he did and I think the players needed to hear it.

DocBar
12-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Kubiak is extremely respected by his players. Just cause he's calling out his players doesn't mean he didn't call out himself in front of the players too. I like what he did and I think the players needed to hear it.I like what he did,too. I just hope he gets a little introspective while doing it. He called a bad game and the players executed it poorly on Monday night. It's not the end of the world (that happens on the 21st) but he has culpability in the loss, as well.

GP
12-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Only if Winston is cut by the Chiefs and holds him while Antonio Smith is jumping offsides for a distraction. Almost like a James Bond movie!!!

Ha ha ha! Niiiice.

Surreal McCoy
12-13-2012, 03:57 AM
The one good coach we've ever had and we want to run him off because were 11-2... :gamer:

Yup. But supposedly those 2 tell more than the 11. I think it's mostly these folks hoisted their flag to the hate Kubiak ship long ago and are having trouble now that ship is sinking.

Texanmike02
12-13-2012, 07:22 AM

Then your eyes suck. The usually reliable KW drops a pass to extend a drive. Schaub ignores the open receiver to try to hit the TD. KJ doesn't pick up the fumble. That's 3 plays off of the top of my head. That is the very definition of players not making plays.

Mike

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Then your eyes suck. The usually reliable KW drops a pass to extend a drive. Schaub ignores the open receiver to try to hit the TD. KJ doesn't pick up the fumble. That's 3 plays off of the top of my head. That is the very definition of players not making plays.

Mike

Exactly. The interception is on our drive right after Brady's first TD. That would have tied the score. Arian wasn't in the end zone, but there isn't a defender anywhere near him that could have stopped him from scoring (unless he slipped). That's the throw Matt takes 99% of the time.

On the Bradies ensuing drive, is the one where Hernandez is left all alone split wide. That's another player mistake that helped the Pats on an 80 yard scoring drive.

Then there were several plays where blocking assignments got screwed up & led to sacks or TFLs.

Then there was the ball put right in Quins hands. I love Quin, but you can't tell me any safety considered "better than average" doesn't come down with that ball in a game of that magnitude.

& I totally agree, That's a catch Walter makes 99% of the time. It's not that it hit him in the hands, he caught it. He had it secured. But lost control as the defender hit him & he went to the ground. This is what they refer to when they say we're soft.

We kept getting punched in the mouth & instead of punching back, we went full fetal.

Steal Your Face
12-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Umm...the Pats had 12 men on the field. At least that was what the commentators said. Yes it looks like Belichick made an adjustment but I seriously doubt he takes a timeout after 2 plays and less than 1 minute off the clock just to make an adjustment.

As for all the "Kubiak should take the blame" peeps - he has been crucified by fans & media after losses for always saying "it's on me". I'm sure he takes responsiblity for the problems as usual even if it isn't reported. Kubiak has flaws - taking the blame has never been one of them though.

Also the problems in the Patriots game were from the top down. Kubiak, Phillips and the players blew it. You can blame Kubiak all you want but it's not Kubiak that failed to catch balls, throw balls poorly, failed to pick up fumbles or make stupid penalties. Coaches can only do so much. Players still have to execute what they are coached to do (or not to do). This was a team loss.

Can't wait to put this garbage game behind us.

:goodpost::bravo:

GP
12-13-2012, 08:54 AM
When your head coach hits his ceiling, so does the team.

You can't explain it away. Sure, it sounds good to say that the players just didn't "execute" the way they should have. But honestly, your team's players will show you just how prepared their coaches have made them.

I think this is a team led by a head coach who genuinely thinks that IF his system is dynamite (and it IS dynamite, proof is there) and IF he stocks it with the right players (and he HAS, the proof is there) and IF they have a productive camp, productive preseason and roll off some wins in the reg season....then this SHOULD add up to his team being able to hang with anybody. After all, we have the system, the talent, and the experience to get it done.

But what I think they are failing to do, IMO, is to truly and definitively take opponents seriously enough. When was the last time you saw us do something out of the ordinary, and I'm not talking Chris Brown Halfback Pass type of "out of the ordinary." We have set plays, set formations, and we rarely deviate from that, if EVER! It's the idea that nobody can beat us if we line up and give it our very best. I think we're dealing with a head coach who, frankly speaking, doesn't want to put much stock into devising a specific attack for each week's opponent.

That's how you end up rolling into the Patriots' house and getting clowned as bad as we did last Monday night. That's how you allow a Packers team to come to YOUR house and clown you all night long.

But this is on the PLAYERS? Okie dokie.

GP
12-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Another issue is the different systems or styles of offense.

Kubiak's offense is based on set plays, set formations, and out of those you have many options but it essentially isn't anything ultra complicated in its composition. A WR runs a slant, the TE runs an out, the RB flares to the flat, etc. If you have enough film on us, if you spend enough time on it, you can see what our tendencies are out of certain formations--Who the go-to guys usually are, where Matt might option out IF he gets pressure, etc.

In the Patriots' style of offense, it's hard to pinpoint what's going to happen. It's the spread offense. It's damn near Mike Leach Texas Tech-era spread offense, actually, especially when you see how much Wes Welker (A TTU player who played for Leach) thrives in it. In that offense, receivers have zones to operate within...but yet there's freedom to find the open spots on the field within those zones. So it doesn't matter if you defend with man or with zone, you're probably screwed either way. Because the WR and TE will run your CB or your S out of the intended target zone, then break into that open spot on the field. Brady and his receivers are literally reading the field at the same time, and they both know where the ball will likely be going as that play develops.

When your secondary is beat up, when your ILBs are beat up, you are so behind the 8-ball it's not even funny. Because you DID have a small chance if your whole defense is available to defend it. But when you're weakened and dealing with 3rd stringers and street guys??? LOL. No chance at all. You have to rely on pressure from the DL and that the QB or WR/TE might screw up.

If I had to choose a system, I'd choose the Patriots all day long. The league by its very rules its implementing is set up to be a passing league anyways. So it plays right into the hands of a team like the Patriots.

Mike Leach is honestly missing a big payday by not being a play caller in the NFL. Less headaches, too. He's a genius at this ****, no matter what you might think of him as a coach or a person. His results speak for his talent: Took the TTU Red Raiders to 10 bowl appearances in 10 years. I don't think his style of coaching AND system fits the area he's coaching in right now, though. I don't think that area of the U.S. has the attitude you need to make the system work. You have to be very rough, very hardened, almost a bit Outlaw'ish to make that system really work. He's in a region of the U.S. that is just soft and squishy when it comes to this brand of football. I don't think he'll get anything done there, tbh. OK, rant ended.

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 09:57 AM
I think one of the things that really screwed the Texans was that they were actually awed by the Pats. Put them on a pedestal if you will. Underestimated just how fast & fluid their offense is & how versatile & potent their defense was.

To me, it's no difference than when players used to say they weren't prepared for Andre. You just don't know how fast or strong he is until he's running past you or dragging you ten yards.

Same thing with Arian, Urlacher saying he's a bad MoFo. Watching it on TV or game film is not the same as seeing it in person.

What I think is funny, is that we do the same thing here. We put the Patriots on a pedestal that we can't reach. I mean just look at the way we've waxed poetically about Bellichick & Brady. But we're just fans, so it really doesn't affect anything.

When your head coach hits his ceiling, so does the team.

I wonder if that's the same line of thinking the Browns were going through when they decided to let Bellichick go. Not that I think Kubiak is in that league, just wondering.

We know what we've got with Kubiak. The Browns knew what they had in Bellichick. Maybe it took that axe for Bellichick to be who he became, maybe that's what Gary needs to bust through that ceiling. Maybe that's what Kubiak needs.

This is a WHYDFML league & after what Kubiak's done the last two seasons, there is no doubt in my mind he'd get another HC job. & if he falls in with an established front office (a Team that regularly goes to the play-offs) there's no telling what he might do. The Eagles maybe, the Chargers, Chicago... who knows what he might do?

You can't explain it away. Sure, it sounds good to say that the players just didn't "execute" the way they should have. But honestly, your team's players will show you just how prepared their coaches have made them.

& this is why we bring up the Arizona, Seattle, & Baltimore games. Obviously Bellichick didn't have his teams prepared to play those games. Kubiak screwed the pooch when we went against two of the best teams in the league.... eh... lets not blow it out of proportion.

But what I think they are failing to do, IMO, is to truly and definitively take opponents seriously enough. When was the last time you saw us do something out of the ordinary, and I'm not talking Chris Brown Halfback Pass type of "out of the ordinary." We have set plays, set formations, and we rarely deviate from that, if EVER! It's the idea that nobody can beat us if we line up and give it our very best. I think we're dealing with a head coach who, frankly speaking, doesn't want to put much stock into devising a specific attack for each week's opponent.

I understand what you're saying here. But truthfully, we've seen so many formations & motions from Kubiak over the years, It's going to be hard to come up with something "new" again.

Again, Monday night I thought Kubiak thought it was important enough to stretch the field against the Pats & put LeStar Jean on the field more than I think he's been in a game all year. He was targeted four times & made a couple of good catches.

Having said that, I think he is too concerned about doing the right things. Instead of pitching the ball to get Arian outside, or using counter plays to fool the defense, he's going to run his stretch play & expect his guys to run against 8 man fronts. While I agree that we need to be good at "what we do" if we're going to get to where we want to be, when it's not going your way, you have to do whatever it takes.

We got blown out trying to do it his way... throwing in a few monkey wrenches wasn't going to make it any worse.

That's how you end up rolling into the Patriots' house and getting clowned as bad as we did last Monday night. That's how you allow a Packers team to come to YOUR house and clown you all night long.

But this is on the PLAYERS? Okie dokie.

I agree, with better coaching we could have won that game. That's pretty much what I've been saying when I say Wade adjusted. Inferring that Kubiak did not.

But if the players played better, do you think we could have won with Gary's game plan?

If Myers didn't screw up the blocking assignments & more of our runs were like Arians first two (12 yards, then 15 yards) do you think we could have ran the ball better? Do you think we could have won the game?

If Kevin Walter would have caught that one pass, the one that you'd bet money on him catching 99.999% of the time, do you think that would have changed the fact that we got blown out?

If Matt Schaub would have put that ball in LeStar's numbers instead of 5 feet over his head? Or went to Arian for a 13 yard gain instead of trying to get greedy with that touch-down to Walter? Or put the ball in front of Andre running a slant or over his head when he beats the defense... do you think we'd still get blown out?

If the defense were prepared for the quick snap, if our safeties played deep, if Jjo played like he did last year, if our LBs would shoot the gap instead of watching them develop, do you think we'd have got blown out?

I agree the coach deserves some of this. I'm sure he knows "it's on me." But do you think the players deserve any of it?

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 09:59 AM
If I had to choose a system, I'd choose the Patriots all day long. The league by its very rules its implementing is set up to be a passing league anyways. So it plays right into the hands of a team like the Patriots.

Well you better have a Tom Brady too. Those guys don't grow on trees. If you're going to be the rest of the NFL the only way you have a chance of winning it all is a strong defense & a good running game to keep those elite QBs on the sideline.

G27RR
12-13-2012, 10:01 AM
I like what he did,too. I just hope he gets a little introspective while doing it. He called a bad game and the players executed it poorly on Monday night. It's not the end of the world (that happens on the 21st) but he has culpability in the loss, as well.

He said in the press conference yesterday that they need to do a better job coaching, too, so I don't see him shrinking from his part in it.

Dread-Head
12-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Anything worth having doesn't come easily. Those with something of value will NOT relinguish it without one hell of a fight. New England's day in the sun is OVER but like most great ones they won't simply tip their hats and walk quietly into the sunset. They have to be beaten without compassion and humiliated before they get that.
Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard and Mike Tyson all had ONE thing in common they were GREAT champions who didn't know when to exit gracefully and had to take a public asswhipping to realize it was over.

I'm ready for this Houston Texans team to be the Larry Holmes to Thomasina Brady's Muhammad Ali. He won't step aside, so it's time to burn Monday night into the team's subconscious and give him a well deserved public beat down when they return in January.

BullNation4Life
12-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Sooo is Kubiak the kettle or the pot?

Being down 21 and running the ball 3 times and punting, that is the definition of "manning up"

Being up by 17/20 in the 3rd quarter and pulling your foot off the gas so the other team can make a run in the 4th is "manning up"

Guess Kubiak is using the same motto my mother use to tell me...

"Do as I say, not as I do..."

His words are pretty much just :listening and no action....

RCPM
12-13-2012, 10:29 AM

Being down 21 and running the ball 3 times and punting, that is the definition of "manning up"

Being up by 17/20 in the 3rd quarter and pulling your foot off the gas so the other team can make a run in the 4th is "manning up"

This! ^^^^^^^

Double Barrel
12-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Players and coaches are a symbiotic relationship within the team concept. They are equally to blame in a butt kickin' like last Monday. This game did not come down to one play. It was dominance from the first kickoff forward, and that is a reflection on EVERYONE within this organization.

Vinny
12-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Players and coaches are a symbiotic relationship within the team concept. They are equally to blame in a butt kickin' like last Monday. This game did not come down to one play. It was dominance from the first kickoff forward, and that is a reflection on EVERYONE within this organization.

Texans out-coached, out-schemed, out-talented (both sides of the ball) by the Pats. Lots of holes to patch to be where the Giants and Pats stand. Both of those teams can elevate their games in ways the Texans can't. Schaub has a game much like Ty Detmer. If Ty had more size he would be Matt Schaub. Kubiak is a great OC but I think he gets out-coached at times. Wade doesn't have the players to stick to man coverage against elite QB's. That was a predictable result if you don't mix up your coverages.

Yankee_In_TX
12-13-2012, 10:41 AM

Rep, that's what I was thinking. The players got served, but wow @ lack of in game coaching adjustments.

76Texan
12-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Texans out-coached, out-schemed, out-talented (both sides of the ball) by the Pats. Lots of holes to patch to be where the Giants and Pats stand. Both of those teams can elevate their games in ways the Texans can't. Schaub has a game much like Ty Detmer. If Ty had more size he would be Matt Schaub. Kubiak is a great OC but I think he gets out-coached at times. Wade doesn't have the players to stick to man coverage against elite QB's. That was a predictable result if you don't mix up your coverages.

We did mix in some zone coverage as well as switched man instead of straight man.

The D got burned because they messed up in coverage.

Again, outplayed or ill-prepared.

Double Barrel
12-13-2012, 10:42 AM

yep, I agree completely. The Texans have always taken "baby steps" with progress. But overcoming the inability to play up to the level of elite QBs in prime time is going to take a leap. To be honest, I do not have full confidence that Kubiak is the head coach to make that jump.

I tried to be pragmatic last week about this game, but Texans fans were drunk on 11-1 koolaide and did not want to hear it. I'm not a fortune teller, but as a big fan of the NFL, some things are just as predicable as the sun coming up in the morning.

Vinny
12-13-2012, 10:44 AM
We did mix in some zone coverage as well as switched man instead of straight man.

Watching Sharpton and Barwin get schooled in man coverage near the goal line and for easy first downs was pitiful. A HS coach can tell that Barwin can't hold up in man and Sharpton....ugh, he's Jay Foreman.

qqert
12-13-2012, 10:45 AM

finally someone gets it. thank you!
the defense gave up so many points because the offensive play calling was... offensive!

:rake:

Double Barrel
12-13-2012, 10:45 AM

I think it was LZ talking about it, but they were saying the Texans played man the entire night. Wade doesn't do much zone with a banged up secondary that has been patched together.

76Texan
12-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Watching Sharpton and Barwin get schooled in man coverage near the goal line and for easy first downs was pitiful. A HS coach can tell that Barwin can't hold up in man and Sharpton....ugh, he's Jay Foreman.

I don't think Sharpton was the main culprit.

Bradie James allowed the TD to Hernandez.

On the other one, Manning and Sharton were unsure which one was going out to the sideline. It was ill-preparedness by the coaches when the players didn't know their assignment on a certain D-call.

It could be also be said that the players failed because they didn't know their assignment.

76Texan
12-13-2012, 10:50 AM
I think it was LZ talking about it, but they were saying the Texans played man the entire night. Wade doesn't do much zone with a banged up secondary that has been patched together.

I just brought up an example about Sharpton and Manning.
If it was straight man, there would not have been a mix up there.

Vinny
12-13-2012, 10:51 AM
oh yeah, James and Dobbins can't cover either. Don't want to forget those guys.

Rey
12-13-2012, 10:53 AM
I just brought up an example about Sharpton and Manning.
If it was straight man, there would not have been a mix up there.

Texans did not play man the entire night. You are right.

That said, we played mostly man early and did not change it up really until the game was out of hand.

There may have been a sprinkle of different types of coverage, but we did MOSTLY play man...But you are right that it wasn't ENTIRELY man...

CretorFrigg
12-13-2012, 10:55 AM
oh yeah, James and Dobbins can't cover either. Don't want to forget those guys.

It doesn't help when Bradie James has the same 40 time as Vince Wilfork.

Vinny
12-13-2012, 10:57 AM
It doesn't help when Bradie James has the same 40 time as Vince Wilfork. I'm not sure James is much faster than Dan Pastorini.

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 11:05 AM

I don't think we can win a shoot out with the Patriots on our best day. That's just not who this team is.

We have to do whatever we can to slow it down & limit their possessions.

Down 21 to 0 with 11 minutes left in the 2nd Qtr, the right thing to do is run the ball.

Don't panic, do not play into their hands.

:deadhorse:

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 11:08 AM

Not really true. We ripped off 27 rushing yards on the first two plays. We actually stopped the Patriots on their first drive & that 3rd & 6 PI doesn't get called most of the time. We then marched down the field with a chance to score before the interception.

We got the Patriots of the field 5 times without a score from the 12 minutes remaining in the 2nd Qtr to the midway through the third Qtr.

This game was not as one sided as the score indicates.

Double Barrel
12-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Not really true. We ripped off 27 rushing yards on the first two plays. We actually stopped the Patriots on their first drive & that 3rd & 6 PI doesn't get called most of the time. We then marched down the field with a chance to score before the interception.

We got the Patriots of the field 5 times without a score from the 12 minutes remaining in the 2nd Qtr to the midway through the third Qtr.

This game was not as one sided as the score indicates.

I'm confused how your statement proves that what I was saying was "not really true".

You can cherry pick plays all you want, but big picture players and coaches are a symbiotic relationship within a team concept. Not sure how you can even dispute that basic premise. :um:

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 11:21 AM
I tried to be pragmatic last week about this game, but Texans fans were drunk on 11-1 koolaide and did not want to hear it. I'm not a fortune teller, but as a big fan of the NFL, some things are just as predicable as the sun coming up in the morning.

So you're saying we didn't have a chance?

I'm not buying that. That game may have went as bad as it could have gone, but even with Kubiak I think we could have won that game.

Do you think we don't have a chance if we re-match them in the AFCCG?

I do, regardless where it's at.

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm confused how your statement proves that what I was saying was "not really true".

You can cherry pick plays all you want, but big picture players and coaches are a symbiotic relationship within a team concept. Not sure how you can even dispute that basic premise. :um:

It's not true that it was total domination from start to finish.

Rey
12-13-2012, 11:28 AM

I'm not buying that. That game may have went as bad as it could have gone, but even with Kubiak I think we could have won that game.

I do, regardless where it's at.

You can say that about any loss. Very rarely do teams come out and simply don't make a single play. There are usually only a handful of momentum changing moments in a game.

The way we got handled is about as definitive as a win gets in the NFL.

How much more convincing did you want the loss to be?

By NFL standards that was domination and no we didn't have a chance with how we played.

76Texan
12-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Texans did not play man the entire night. You are right.

That said, we played mostly man early and did not change it up really until the game was out of hand.

There may have been a sprinkle of different types of coverage, but we did MOSTLY play man...But you are right that it wasn't ENTIRELY man...

Examples:

1. Second pass play.
Pats in trip formation left.
KJax let his man (most outside receiver) to the cover 2 safety and switched to the TE (innermost receiver or #3 receiver in the formation) who ran an out route underneath the #1, and #2.

2. Third pass play.
Another trip left formation, with the TE Hernandex flex to wide left.
KJ was on him but did not follow as Hernandez went into motion to the other side of the formation.
Quin was a cover 2 safety on the original weak side.
He now came down to play man on Hernandez with Manning as the single deep safety.
(The Texans switched their D call from zone to man).

3. First pass play on the Pats second drive.
Texans must be in switch man with a signal from JJo to KJax.
JJo was on the slot receiver (#2);
KJax was on the outside receiver (#1).
They switched assignment.

4. Third pass play of the series, JJo and KJax switched again, this time on the D left side.

5. Next play, KJax was on Hernandez who flex to the outside right.
Texans looked to be in cover 3 with KJax not following Hernandez on the square in route.

6. Next play, TD to Lloyd.
Pats in heavy 13 personnel; Lloyd was the only receiver.
He lined up to the right.
Texans looked to be in cover 3, with JJo lined up about the same level with the 2 safeties.
KJax was in the slot on the heavy side; he was on one the two TEs.
Again, that has to be zone.
JJo didn't follow Lloyd from the get-go; he looked to be playing in cover 3.

That was the ninth pass play for the Pats.

On the Pats first 9 pass plays, the Texans were in straight man only 4 times.
(Three man coverage and one coverage switch from zone to man.)

Rey
12-13-2012, 11:34 AM

Yes it was.

How much worse could the game have gone for you to believe that we got dominated?

In all honesty, the pats dominated us longer than we did the ravens. We didn't score a damn point until the third quarter...

Think about that for a second.

EllisUnit
12-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh lord people we got dominated and lost, ok so what move on. If u think we have no chance at a rematch in the play-offs then why bother even watching the play-offs ? Cause it will either come down to us vs pats or broncos.

We can beat every team in the NFL I have no doubt. We had a dud but the season isn't over.

Lord the way some of u act I swear or record must be 2-11 and I'm just dyslexic....

qqert
12-13-2012, 12:31 PM
We had a dud but the season isn't over.

Lord the way some of u act I swear or record must be 2-11 and I'm just dyslexic....

kubiak needs to game plan for the next pats game as if bellycheek has video of all the previous plays. then maybe we'll have a chance!

:fans::fans::fans:

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Yes it was.

How much worse could the game have gone for you to believe that we got dominated?

In all honesty, the pats dominated us longer than we did the ravens. We didn't score a damn point until the third quarter...

We got beat. We got blown out. But we weren't totally dominated the way the Kubiak haters would have you believe. Totally dominated means we couldn't move the ball. We moved the ball. Totally dominated means we had no answer for Brady, we handled Brady for a good portion of the game.

We forced four 3 & outs against Brady. We stopped them and got the ball back on another possession for a total of 5 possessions where they did not score.

That's not total domination. We dominated them on those possessions.

If the tables were turned & we went up on the Patriots 21 nothing then followed that with three 3 & outs, can you imagine what the Kubiak haters would be saying?

We got dominated at the beginning of the game. From 11:00 on, we held our own, didn't score. We can't take points of the board.

If we play the Patriots again & stop them from scoring on 4 of their possessions, I like our odds of winning that game.

BullNation4Life
12-13-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't think we can win a shoot out with the Patriots on our best day. That's just not who this team is.

We have to do whatever we can to slow it down & limit their possessions.

Down 21 to 0 with 11 minutes left in the 2nd Qtr, the right thing to do is run the ball.

Don't panic, do not play into their hands.

:deadhorse:

No he ran the ball 3 straight time in the 3rd quarter, while it was 21 or 28 to 0, then punted.

Yeah I know it is beating a dead horse, but if he is gonna call out his team, which he has every right, about being aggressive and doing things "like the Patriots" shouldn't he too do the same before make such statements

Texecutioner
12-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Gary called out their manhood. Great. Now we need someone to call out his manhood

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Gary called out their manhood. Great. Now we need someone to call out his manhood

Just because McNair didn't go to the chronicle saying he called out Kubiak's manhood doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

& keep in mind, this isn't Kubiak saying he called them out, this is the players saying he called them out & they were all good with it.

GP
12-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Oh lord people we got dominated and lost, ok so what move on. If u think we have no chance at a rematch in the play-offs then why bother even watching the play-offs ? Cause it will either come down to us vs pats or broncos.

We can beat every team in the NFL I have no doubt. We had a dud but the season isn't over.

I think people are already looking at that Patriots rematch, and thinking there's no way in hell Kubiak and Phillips are capable of avoiding what just happened with that team on MNF. And they're probably correct in their assumption.

So therefore, winning out and getting HFA (or not getting HFA and going to their house again) will only end in Houston losing. Again.

The conclusion then is this: We're screwed, and wouldn't be surprised if we can't even MAKE IT to the AFCC game vs. Patriots.

People are looking ahead and figuring that all of this stuff between now and then is just filler material. With the added burden of losing the AFC to the Colts, rendering our best season EVER completely pointless.

That's a tough pill to swallow when you look at it like that. No?

It is for me. I don't want to think the Colts keep winning and we find ways to lose, and we might not even get HFA. So many possibilities can happen, and based on what we've seen vs Packers and Patriots...how can we be confident that things work out for us?

This is a nervous time for a lot of people. Things could get ugly if the chips fall a certain way. It would literally be hell on earth if the worst case scenario happens. Screw how the Texans find ways to win OT games vs. Lions and Jags. Look how the COLTS win last-second games against a few of their opponents. Andrew Luck has nothing to lose and everything to gain...we, on the other hand, have a tremendous amount of pressure on us to beat his team and grab the AFCS crown.

Nothing but a playoff spot is secured. The AFC South crown is up for grabs. HFA is up for grabs. It's a helluva' time the rest of the way.

Mr teX
12-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Lol at the agendas surfacing in here again. Can't see how people have something negative to say about a HC calling his players out.....as if he's assuming no blame at all in the matter.

the game was a total dumpster fire from the HC all the way down to the 53rd man & i'm sure Kubiak knows it.

Meanwhile, Wade's being let off the hook even though his defense has gotten flat out smoked in our only losses in the season & his defense has shown signs of weaknesses for 4 out of 5 weaks.

The patriots are better than us for now...but i don't think they're 28-35 pts better than us that's for sure. i (as im sure the team) feel extremely confident that if we get them again.........it'll be a different game.

Sometimes an ass-whipping like this is just what the doctor ordered....It can serve as a motivating tool. If we see them again, i'm sure the players and coaches will have that curb-stomping firmly in their heads and will want to redeem themselves.

Double Barrel
12-13-2012, 03:33 PM

I never implied it. That's you trying to build a strawman.

Every team has a chance. Any given Sunday and all that jazz.

However, if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the Patriots every single time until the Texan prove that they can beat a team like the Patriots on a big stage.

Of course we have a chance. Any given Sunday.

Did we watch the same game? :um:

Patriots dominate Texans in AFC showdown (http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/sections/sports/procollege/patriots-dominate-texans-afc-showdown.html)

Snap Judgments: Patriots dominate Texans in Monday night blowout (http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2012/12/10/snap-judgments-patriots-dominate-texans-in-monday-night-blowout/)

Patriots were dominant in all areas vs. Texans (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=texans%20patriots%20dominate&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&ved=0CFYQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.metrowestdailynews.com%2Fspor ts%2Fpros_and_colleges%2Fx719504706%2FPatriots-were-dominant-in-all-areas-vs-Texans&ei=NEjKUOjfAYTW2gXBiIH4Dg&usg=AFQjCNHa7dDeSh7rOUKWe27ym4zTNZymqg&bvm=bv.1355272958,d.b2I)

Even the NFL got in on it if you check out their headlines on NFL Rewind (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012121000/2012/REG14/texans@patriots#menu=highlights&tab=recap). ("To re-live the Patriots' dominating victory over the Texans in high definition online, get NFL Game Rewind."

Yes it was.

QFT. We never even got close in the game and certainly never held a lead.

We got beat. We got blown out. But we weren't totally dominated the way the Kubiak haters would have you believe.

Give me a break. That's just silly. I don't "hate" Gary Kubiak. I'm just not going to call a tail a leg to make it a five legged dog.

Take your blinders off. Not everyone has an agenda or is a delusional homer about reality.

Our team got dominated. Accept, analyze, and move on.

wolf123
12-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Lol at the agendas surfacing in here again. Can't see how people have something negative to say about a HC calling his players out.....as if he's assuming no blame at all in the matter.

the game was a total dumpster fire from the HC all the way down to the 53rd man & i'm sure Kubiak knows it.

Meanwhile, Wade's being let off the hook even though his defense has gotten flat out smoked in our only losses in the season & his defense has shown signs of weaknesses for 4 out of 5 weaks.

The patriots are better than us for now...but i don't think they're 28-35 pts better than us that's for sure. i (as im sure the team) feel extremely confident that if we get them again.........it'll be a different game.

Sometimes an ass-whipping like this is just what the doctor ordered....It can serve as a motivating tool. If we see them again, i'm sure the players and coaches will have that curb-stomping firmly in their heads and will want to redeem themselves.

Repped!! All this thread is about is fans fear and trying to pile on Kubiak.

eriadoc
12-13-2012, 03:42 PM
We got beat. We got blown out. But we weren't totally dominated the way the Kubiak haters would have you believe. Totally dominated means we couldn't move the ball. We moved the ball. Totally dominated means we had no answer for Brady, we handled Brady for a good portion of the game.

We forced four 3 & outs against Brady. We stopped them and got the ball back on another possession for a total of 5 possessions where they did not score.

That's not total domination.

LMAO! OK, I'll concede this - if you define domination in this narrow, weird way that only you and a few other deluded souls believe, then you are correct, the Texans did not get dominated. If you take the generally accepted, widespread concept of dominance that ESPN, NFLN, FOX, NBC, everyone in the world but you and those few deluded souls accept, then it's pretty clear the Texans got dominated. So don't read any articles, watch TV, or listen to the radio, because 99.99% of everyone is going to have a different version of dominance than you do. Wouldn't want that delusion to come crashing down.

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 05:24 PM
So getting three back to back 3 & outs is getting dominated?

They were dominate at points in the game. They did not dominate us for 60 minutes, that's all I'm saying.

Can't take points off the board, I understand that. Our D got dominated through the first quarter. From then on, it was no such thing.

GP
12-13-2012, 05:28 PM
You guys are wasting your time.

Wolf
12-13-2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.nflfans.com/x/images/smilies/q/mancard.gif

76Texan
12-13-2012, 06:02 PM
You guys are wasting your time.

As if you have better things to do LOL.

You crack me up GP

amazing80
12-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Great read and I couldn't agree more. The team needs to look at themselves and decide, are they a champion or not?

BUT I will say Gary better turn that mirror on himself and ask, do I have what it takes to step on opponents throats like Double B? Because his lacking personality does have a way with the players and as much as I like the players enjoying their time winning, 14-2 means nothing without a Lombardi trophy in our empty trophy case.....

The Medic01
12-13-2012, 07:29 PM
I think people are already looking at that Patriots rematch, and thinking there's no way in hell Kubiak and Phillips are capable of avoiding what just happened with that team on MNF. And they're probably correct in their assumption.

So therefore, winning out and getting HFA (or not getting HFA and going to their house again) will only end in Houston losing. Again.

The conclusion then is this: We're screwed, and wouldn't be surprised if we can't even MAKE IT to the AFCC game vs. Patriots.

People are looking ahead and figuring that all of this stuff between now and then is just filler material. With the added burden of losing the AFC to the Colts, rendering our best season EVER completely pointless.

That's a tough pill to swallow when you look at it like that. No?

It is for me. I don't want to think the Colts keep winning and we find ways to lose, and we might not even get HFA. So many possibilities can happen, and based on what we've seen vs Packers and Patriots...how can we be confident that things work out for us?

This is a nervous time for a lot of people. Things could get ugly if the chips fall a certain way. It would literally be hell on earth if the worst case scenario happens. Screw how the Texans find ways to win OT games vs. Lions and Jags. Look how the COLTS win last-second games against a few of their opponents. Andrew Luck has nothing to lose and everything to gain...we, on the other hand, have a tremendous amount of pressure on us to beat his team and grab the AFCS crown.

Nothing but a playoff spot is secured. The AFC South crown is up for grabs. HFA is up for grabs. It's a helluva' time the rest of the way.
How is being a fan even fun to people like you. God never seen so many hopeless fans of an 11-2 team.

coltfan123
12-13-2012, 07:49 PM

ill prepared they were so cuaght up in these leather jackets they didnt prepare...

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 08:20 PM
ill prepared they were so cuaght up in these leather jackets they didnt prepare...

Seriously... there has got to be a colts forum where you would feel more comfortable.

Texan_Bill
12-13-2012, 08:25 PM

That's pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard (or read)!

coltfan123
12-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Seriously... there has got Forsett be a colts forum where you would feel more comfortable.

dont know if forseet was suppose to be in the sentence but i have np with this forum.. i love the texans and i love the colts sadly they in same division

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 08:47 PM
dont know if forseet was suppose to be...

Damn droid.....

coltfan123
12-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Damn droid.....

I feel your pain..done some pretty nasty auto corrects too lol

dc_txtech
12-13-2012, 09:02 PM
According to my statistics, Kubiak is 11-0 when the opposing team scores less than 42 points.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

C Madd
12-14-2012, 12:08 AM
According to my statistics, Kubiak is 11-0 when the opposing team scores less than 42 points.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

New game plan: Hold teams under 42 points. It's foolproof!

GP
12-14-2012, 08:44 AM
As if you have better things to do LOL.

You crack me up GP

I have a lot of important things to do, actually.

There's umm.....And then there's uhh...and let's not forget about that other thing that I can't really recall at the moment.

I'm so busy I can't even remember everything I'm supposed to be doing.

How is being a fan even fun to people like you. God never seen so many hopeless fans of an 11-2 team.

Do you not understand that I wasn't saying that I, GP, think like that??? Can you not comprehend that I was describing what might be the mindset of others? I have read the meltdown posts on here, found them to be along the lines of "Well, how can we do this or that if we play like THAT?".

I personally think the loss is a loss and that's it. I think we can beat them at Reliant, but I think it'll be a toss-up if we had to play them at their house again. I think we win out, get HFA, and host them at Reliant. I've said that about a dozen times in other threads. if you would pay attention you'd see that.

Then again, I've never been a subscriber of your stuff because of this very thing: You don't try. Make an effort to understand the post before you post.

thunderkyss
12-14-2012, 08:58 AM

There's umm.....And then there's uhh...and let's not forget about that other thing that I can't really recall at the moment.

I thought you were going to go with,

"I have a lot going on... maybe not right now, but later I've got a lot of things to do."

Speaking of which, why doesn't Arian have a bunch more commercials, like Subway... RG III why does he have a subway commercial & Arian doesn't?

HJam72
12-14-2012, 09:03 AM
I thought you were going to go with,

"I have a lot going on... maybe not right now, but later I've got a lot of things to do."

Speaking of which, why doesn't Arian have a bunch more commercials, like Subway... RG III why does he have a subway commercial & Arian doesn't?

Might help if he didn't spend a large part of the season as a vegan.

BullNation4Life
12-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Might help if he didn't spend a large part of the season as a vegan.

Subway has a veggie sandwich...

Can see A23F supporting the 6" Veggie Sando....

dalemurphy
12-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Great read and I couldn't agree more. The team needs to look at themselves and decide, are they a champion or not?

BUT I will say Gary better turn that mirror on himself and ask, do I have what it takes to step on opponents throats like Double B? Because his lacking personality does have a way with the players and as much as I like the players enjoying their time winning, 14-2 means nothing without a Lombardi trophy in our empty trophy case.....

I don't get this attitude. Sports spectating fits in the category of "entertainment/leisure", right? 14-2 means that Texan fans, almost every week for four months, enjoyed their team winning. Why doesn't that mean anything?

I understand being results-oriented instead of process-oriented. That being said, doesn't the very nature of a leisure/entertainment activity assume it is the process that is supposed to be fun.

Runner
12-14-2012, 10:07 AM

Is Kubes watching big field goals yet, or is it still too much for him? Maybe the kicker is the guy who needs to tell him to man up.

:)

houstonspartan
12-14-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't get this attitude. Sports spectating fits in the category of "entertainment/leisure", right? 14-2 means that Texan fans, almost every week for four months, enjoyed their team winning. Why doesn't that mean anything?

I understand being results-oriented instead of process-oriented. That being said, doesn't the very nature of a leisure/entertainment activity assume it is the process that is supposed to be fun.

Good point. As an example, this school shooting in Conn. is so disturbing that I don't want to even think about it. I've been trying to fill up my weekend with sports-watching stuff so I don't spend time watching cable or browsing the internet obsessing about how horrible it is.

Sports is just a game, but it does have its place as entertainment. You're 100 percent correct that sometimes, it's the simple process of sports and not the outcome that matters.

Wolf
12-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Found part of the locker room speech with Kubiak and Schaub

:Kubiak: Private Schaub you had best square your ass away and start ****ting me Tiffany cufflinks or I will ..... You had best unf*ck yourself or I will unscrew your head and **** down your neck !

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/schaub_GP-1copy.jpg

Yeah bored today with the rain

The Medic01
12-15-2012, 12:44 PM

Do you not understand that I wasn't saying that I, GP, think like that??? Can you not comprehend that I was describing what might be the mindset of others? I have read the meltdown posts on here, found them to be along the lines of "Well, how can we do this or that if we play like THAT?".

I personally think the loss is a loss and that's it. I think we can beat them at Reliant, but I think it'll be a toss-up if we had to play them at their house again. I think we win out, get HFA, and host them at Reliant. I've said that about a dozen times in other threads. if you would pay attention you'd see that.

Then again, I've never been a subscriber of your stuff because of this very thing: You don't try. Make an effort to understand the post before you post.
Really because in your post you say that they are probably correct. It seems as if it is you who cannot understand your own post.

Wolf
12-31-2012, 04:51 PM
I am lost for answers, we lost 2 of 3 after this. Maybe this wasnt a good thing.

Yes I have a tin foil hat on now being we have not been inspired since

Pantherstang84
12-31-2012, 05:05 PM

I wonder how that worked out for him.

Playoffs
12-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Kubiak calls out players manhood...

Player's manhood did not reply.

TD
01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Is Kubes watching big field goals yet, or is it still too much for him? Maybe the kicker is the guy who needs to tell him to man up.

:)

Little reported fact is that Shayne Graham was standing in the front of the team so Kubiak's whole speech was done with his back turned. :kitten:

thunderkyss
01-08-2013, 08:32 PM
anyone notice how Kubiak doesn't call them kids anymore? for the most part. He still calls the kids, kids, but his vets.... he calls them men.

Asked about Arian the other day, he said, "That's a man right there."