PDA

View Full Version : Texans VS Colts. Let's predict :)

EllisUnit
12-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Ok I know we are all down about last nights game. I honestly think this sets up a good match-up vs the pats in the play-offs. Revenge is always more sweet especially when it matters the most :). But until then

We got the colts and I feel very sorry for them and especially luck hopefully he makes it through the game cause I see Watt recking havoc.

Texans 51
Colts 17

Yeah I feel they will be our punching bag. Foster 130 yards 2 TDs, martin 1 PR TD, jean and martin a TD apiece with AJ adding over 100 yards and a TD. Defense sacks luck 7 times and picks him off 3 more.

fiasco west
12-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I don't think it'll be a blowout.

They are having a magical season of sorts...but talk about lack of quality wins...That is the Colts. They have one against the Packers earlier in the year.

I don't think it'll be a blowout, but I think we will still win strongly.

Thorn
12-11-2012, 11:58 AM
After last night, the Texans will be in a mood to kick some ass. And that's what they will do. The Dolts are going down by 17 points or more.

gtexan02
12-11-2012, 12:00 PM
35-32 Texans.
I've watched the Colts. They can score points. Our secondary looks like a mess right now.

I think we win, but I think it will be close

TheIronDuke
12-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Them: 23
Us: 31

Corrosion
12-11-2012, 12:43 PM
W :bat:

beerlover
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Texans need to generate a pass rush without blitzing if they can accomplish this it will be all good :fostering:

DX-TEX
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
46-10. I dont know which team will have 46 though.

2012Champs
12-11-2012, 12:56 PM
the line opened -9.5 and now has moved -7.5 with 82% of the money hitting the colts

Marcus
12-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Oliver Luck is already, in his rookie year, proving thst he's an elite QB, and will be a thorn in our side for the next 10-15 years. We have been horribly exposed for the team they really are . . . A paper mâché 11-2 team that probably won't even win the division, and end up with a first round playoff loss.

Gotta leave the homer tag in the glovebox. I predicted the Pats would blow us out, and the score was even worse than I even predicted. Luck will lead the Colts to another come from behind win . . 27-21 . . and it might not even be that close.

EllisUnit
12-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Oliver Luck is already, in his rookie year, proving thst he's an elite QB, and will be a thorn in our side for the next 10-15 years. We have been horribly exposed for the team they really are . . . A paper mâché 11-2 team that probably won't even win the division, and end up with a first round playoff loss.

Gotta leave the homer tag in the glovebox. I predicted the Pats would blow us out, and the score was even worse than I even predicted. Luck will lead the Colts to another come from behind win . . 27-21 . . and it might not even be that close.

Won't call luck "elite" after his first year, seen this happen to many times to rookies. Let's see how he looks this time next year before we all join BSPN in crowing him...

TheIronDuke
12-11-2012, 01:24 PM

I would hardly call Andrew Luck "elite" at this point. He throws as many picks as he does TD's and he's been feasting on awful competition. The Colts beat GB, which is good, but that's the only good team they've beaten. The Pats beat them 59-24 by the way.

HOU-TEX
12-11-2012, 01:24 PM

Yay

Goatcheese
12-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I heard a report that Watt was heard humming this on the flight home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-F4-FI8A0I

GP
12-11-2012, 01:34 PM
This will be that same type of game we had vs the Ravens after we got shellacked by the Packers.

Texans are not as bad as people are making them out to be. It's as if we lose two games in a 13 game process and all of a sudden we're worse than a bunch of 5-year-olds playing flag football. I don't buy it.

Texans 41

Colts 21, maybe 24 or even 27...but they won't win this game.

GP
12-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I am sure there are more than a few guys right now on the roster who wish we could turn the lights on in Reliant and play the Colts tonight.

I really think the guys are seething mad right now. JJ Watt, single handedly, is going to straight up try to get 10 sacks all by himself in this game. He has bad intentions on his mind after that mess with the Patriots.

Rey
12-11-2012, 01:59 PM
This will be that same type of game we had vs the Ravens after we got shellacked by the Packers.

Texans are not as bad as people are making them out to be. It's as if we lose two games in a 13 game process and all of a sudden we're worse than a bunch of 5-year-olds playing flag football. I don't buy it.

Texans 41

Colts 21, maybe 24 or even 27...but they won't win this game.

So if patterns repeat themselves, are we going to again wet the bed we we play a top team in the play-offs?

Not gonna be soft opponent to beat up on the next week if that happens...

Señor Stan
12-11-2012, 02:02 PM
So if patterns repeat themselves, are we going to again wet the bed we we play a top team in the play-offs?

Not gonna be soft opponent to beat up on the next week if that happens...

No, the pattern is...

Lose to a team with an elite QB and then win the next 6 games in a row.

Colts
Vikings
Colts
divisional playoff
conference championship
Super Bowl

Rey
12-11-2012, 02:03 PM
I am sure there are more than a few guys right now on the roster who wish we could turn the lights on in Reliant and play the Colts tonight.

I really think the guys are seething mad right now. JJ Watt, single handedly, is going to straight up try to get 10 sacks all by himself in this game. He has bad intentions on his mind after that mess with the Patriots.

I hope they are not mad.

They need to get out of their emotions.

Just show up with a workman like attitude. Because if they show up mad and pissed or and spitting Venom and the Colts come in and pop them one good time that fire breathing dragon is going to turn into a scared, pissing puppy.

Save the emotions Texans. Realize that you need the win, but just go about your business.

I don't know what to predict at this point. I think we'll win, but I could easily envision a scenario in which we lose.

Marcus
12-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Don't get me wrong. I hope like hell I'm totally wrong in my prediction, but the prediction still stands. The Colts will have fresh film on what the Pats did to us, and I expect the same if adjustments aren't made.

Rey
12-11-2012, 02:04 PM
No, the pattern is...

Lose to a team with an elite QB and then win the next 6 games in a row.

Colts
Vikings
Colts
divisional playoff
conference championship
Super Bowl

That would be nice Stan...

Question is do you believe what you're typing?

Señor Stan
12-11-2012, 02:10 PM
That would be nice Stan...

Question is do you believe what you're typing?

Hey, I'm a glass 1/16th full kinda guy!

Double Barrel
12-11-2012, 02:13 PM

Oliver Luck is too old to play. However, we should be concerned about his son, Andrew, as he's been playing very well this year. :fingergun:

I agreed with you about the Patriots last week. I did not expect to win, but I hoped the Texans were competitive.

But I disagree with you about the Colts next Sunday. I think the Texans will come out strong and win the division at Reliant. It won't be an easy game, though.

TexansLucky13
12-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Although the whole "Sky is falling!!" attitude of many board members has been hilarious, it's time to move on. The Texans will lock up division on Sunday and we will all go back to worrying about our seeding.

Señor Stan
12-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Oliver Luck is too old to play. :fingergun:

If we have to face Archie Manning in the playoffs, we are done for.

gwallaia
12-11-2012, 02:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/Debbie_Downer-1.jpg

Marcus
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Oliver Luck is too old to play.

:spit: yeah, I think he is, DB.

deucetx
12-11-2012, 03:24 PM
I'll roll with 27-17 Texans in this one. Luck gets picked off twice and we return to a more Foster/Tate 1-2 punch.

Indy Skinnz
12-11-2012, 03:28 PM
I would hardly call Andrew Luck "elite" at this point. He throws as many picks as he does TD's and he's been feasting on awful competition. The Colts beat GB, which is good, but that's the only good team they've beaten. The Pats beat them 59-24 by the way.

I fully expect the Colts to get beat this weekend as the match-ups clearly favor Houston, but is the Houston schedule really all that different? You guys played the Ravens while the Colts got the Browns. And then you got the Broncos while Indy plays the Chiefs in a couple of weeks. Other than that, the schedules are no different.

Double Barrel
12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
I fully expect the Colts to get beat this weekend as the match-ups clearly favor Houston, but is the Houston schedule really all that different? You guys played the Ravens while the Colts got the Browns. And then you got the Broncos while Indy plays the Chiefs in a couple of weeks. Other than that, the schedules are no different.

I hate you guys. Not in an evil sort of hate, but just the fact that you had a once-in-a-generation player with Manning for over a decade, and now you've got the next once-in-a-generation player with Luck.

Seriously, it took us years to dig out of 2-14 season, and y'all are hunting for a playoff spot the next year!! grrrrr.....

Lurvinator11
12-11-2012, 03:34 PM

Those two games could make all the difference at this point.

Assuming you got the Ravens and Broncos, Your record could have gone from 9-4 to 7-6.

Big difference.

Lurvinator11
12-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Oh and also, I predict we clinch the division in this game.

Hervoyel
12-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Clubber Lang does not show up in this thread, at least not in my post. The Texans have embarrassed Clubber and he's too busy pitying them to make a prediction.

I predict that the Texans season hinges on how they respond to that ass-whipping they took last night. Either they've lost the last game they're going to lose this year or they're about to go down in an epic three game skid and I don't which one it is.

TheIronDuke
12-11-2012, 03:55 PM

Like has already been posted, those 2 games make a big difference. The Browns and the Chiefs are goddawful and we had to play 2 of the best teams in the AFC and beat them. I was just pointing out that Indy really hasn't beaten anyone that can be considered good, other than GB, and have barely beaten bad teams. I know we squeaked one out over JAX but we've for the most part have beaten the crap out of bad teams while you guys almost lost to the Tacks just last week.

klockWork
12-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Chad Henne set the bar against our D. Luck is much better and will throw for at least 3 TDs. The question is will he throw enough int's to offset it for us to win.

coltfan123
12-11-2012, 05:56 PM
if texans play like they played at NE then i see colts blowing out the texans...no we didnt play r avens or broncos...but we beat lions in regulation without a free td...we beat the packers who kicked your guys ass...we played new england aand were lighting them up for two quarters...

BullBlitz
12-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I expect the Texans to score early and often, so that the game is out of reach by the 4Q. No heroics from the Colts on Sunday. Not after what happened at Foxboro.

coltfan123
12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I expect the Texans to score early and often, so that the game is out of reach by the 4Q. No heroics from the Colts on Sunday. Not after what happened at Foxboro.

you better hope your right...would be sad to go from 11-1 to 11-2 to getting knocked down to wild card by losing to a rookie..from waht i read you dont have alot of faith in your qb or coach...that doesnt fair well in the playoffs...if everyones in doubt

76Texan
12-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Don't get me wrong. I hope like hell I'm totally wrong in my prediction, but the prediction still stands. The Colts will have fresh film on what the Pats did to us, and I expect the same if adjustments aren't made.

You mean they know how to get the refs to call all sort of bogus PI on us?

Or do they know how to make our receivers dropping balls by doing nothing?
Or how to get our guys to fail to pick up a fumble without their guys having anything to do with it?
Or how to get Schaub to miss receivers by just staring at him?

If so, we may as well not show up at Reliant :)

76Texan
12-11-2012, 09:27 PM
The Colts don't have Vince Wilfork.
Their LB corp cannot be compared with the Pats'.

Luck is no Brady.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
The Colts don't have Vince Wilfork.
Their LB corp cannot be compared with the Pats'.

Luck is no Brady.

Well played sir!!!!

31- 17 Texans!

Texan_Bill
12-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Well played sir!!!!

31- 17 Texans!

YEAH!!! I said that bitcheeeses!!

MEGA SWATT
12-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Texans win - big!

thunderkyss
12-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't think it'll be a blowout.

They are having a magical season of sorts...but talk about lack of quality wins...That is the Colts. They have one against the Packers earlier in the year.

I don't think it'll be a blowout, but I think we will still win strongly.

They are -16 in turnover-diff

By comparison, the Jags are dead even. The Lions are -6, the Titans are -10

The Bears are +13.... the Pats are +24

I know these numbers don't begin to tell the story. They still have to play the game. But just like the numbers showed the Patriots offense to be in another league to us, everything shows us to be a much better team than the Colts.

I know we've given up a bunch of yards & a bunch of points. But this game is going to be over early. The Colts are going to make a surge late & make it look closer than it will be. But the Colts are in a different league this year.

coltfan123
12-12-2012, 12:40 AM

I know these numbers don't begin to tell the story. They still have to play the game. But just like the numbers showed the Patriots offense to be in another league to us, everything shows us to be a much better team than the Colts.

I know we've given up a bunch of yards & a bunch of points. But this game is going to be over early. The Colts are going to make a surge late & make it look closer than it will be. But the Colts are in a different league this year.

nfl is more then just stats...I can promise you if the team that showed up vs new england shows up..and the colts that beat packers show up..going be bad day for houston..

Norg
12-12-2012, 12:53 AM
the texans should be bpissed off and FOCUSED !!!! i hope we blow the colts out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coltfan123
12-12-2012, 12:58 AM
the texans should be bpissed off and FOCUSED !!!! i hope we blow the colts out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just like the texans should of been pissed that everyone has been calling them fakers instead of coming out completly lost...

you must of made bill feel sorry he doesnt let off the gas much he likes to bury teams...If texans call the predictable play calling that i saw last night going to be long day...

Surreal McCoy
12-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Colts 31
Texans 27

TheMatrix31
12-12-2012, 02:37 AM
just like the texans should of been pissed that everyone has been calling them fakers instead of coming out completly lost...

you must of made bill feel sorry he doesnt let off the gas much he likes to bury teams...If texans call the predictable play calling that i saw last night going to be long day...

It's "must have", "could have", "should have", or "would have".

Not "must of", "could of", "should of", or "would of".

And don't come to me about being a "grammar nazi" or saying that it's "just a message board", because you're already in enemy territory and the last thing you want to do is post in laughable fashion.

HJam72
12-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Coltfan, nobody's saying the Colts suck. We're just pretty darn confident that the Texans are gonna be out for blood after Brady embarrassed them and that we do have the better team this year. I worry that's not going to be the case in a year or two. :gun:

Yeah, Kubiak, among others, needs to get his head outa his butt, but a loss like the other night tends to wake him right up.

Bulls on Parade
12-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Texans 30, Colts 20

We respond with a decent 10-point win after another embarrassment on primetime TV. Time to get Foster and Tate going. Best running back tandem in the league.

Tate in particular, he's ready to run over people now that he's healthy. Expect a boring and Kubiak-esque, grind 'em out, run the ball 30 to 40 times type of game.

The Texans rarely lose when they run the ball at least 30 times.

They were unable to hit that magic number against New England.

Time to clinch the 2012 AFC South.

htownfan32
12-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Texans D comes out angry and pissed after the Boston Massacre. Luck get sacked countless times and Foster runs all over that Colts D to the tune of 2 TDs. Look for Andre to have a 100+ yard day.

HJam72
12-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Texans D comes out angry and pissed after the Boston Massacre. Luck get sacked countless times and Foster runs all over that Colts D to the tune of 2 TDs. Look for Andre to have a 100+ yard day.

The DBs better come out focused on covering receivers, instead of acting like RB magnets like they did while ignoring team Brady and the flying monkeys.

htownfan32
12-12-2012, 06:08 AM
The DBs better come out focused on covering receivers, instead of acting like RB magnets like they did while ignoring team Brady and the flying monkeys.

I get flashbacks to Quin biting hard on the PA.... and Dobbins tackling the RB when Brady did the fake.

Indy Skinnz
12-12-2012, 06:15 AM
Those two games could make all the difference at this point.

Assuming you got the Ravens and Broncos, Your record could have gone from 9-4 to 7-6.

Big difference.

And you know that would be the outcome of those games how exactly?

Look, the Colts have been a fun, unexpected ride this year for us Indy fans and like I said, Houston should win on Sunday. But minimizing the schedule is pointless. You play who you play and add 'em at the end. And like I said when 14 of 16 are the same for in-division teams, it really does not make much of a difference.

HJam72
12-12-2012, 06:15 AM
I get flashbacks to Quin biting hard on the PA.... and Dobbins tackling the RB when Brady did the fake.

I know; wonder if those two wore the letterman jackets...

Indy Skinnz
12-12-2012, 06:21 AM
I hate you guys. Not in an evil sort of hate, but just the fact that you had a once-in-a-generation player with Manning for over a decade, and now you've got the next once-in-a-generation player with Luck.

Seriously, it took us years to dig out of 2-14 season, and y'all are hunting for a playoff spot the next year!! grrrrr.....

The Colts absolutely fell into a pile of crap last year and came out smelling like a rose. We went to the Titans game in Nashville this year and a Tack fan was lamenting about getting Manning out of the division and now having to face Luck. Kinda made me smile ;)

I suspect there will be a pretty good rivalry with the Texans for the division for the next few years.

HJam72
12-12-2012, 06:36 AM
When does Manziel come out? We need to go 0-16 the year before. Turnabout is fair play.

coltfan123
12-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Coltfan, nobody's saying the Colts suck. We're just pretty darn confident that the Texans are gonna be out for blood after Brady embarrassed them and that we do have the better team this year. I worry that's not going to be the case in a year or two. :gun:

Yeah, Kubiak, among others, needs to get his head outa his butt, but a loss like the other night tends to wake him right up.

If the texans won i wouldn't shed a tear, if i wasn't a colts fan texans be my first team. I got a good amount of family in houston and i respect alot of your teamates players. But as far as playing angry...playing angry doesnt always mean you will play well in fact...most people lose perspective when they are angry...hopefully they come out angry and FOCUSED

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Coltfan, nobody's saying the Colts suck.

Sorry HJam72, that's exactly what I'm saying.

The Colts suck

:texan:

htownfan32
12-12-2012, 07:33 AM
When does Manziel come out? We need to go 0-16 the year before. Turnabout is fair play.

I'd love to have him, but Kubes is going to have to change how he runs the offense for Manziel. I'd be afraid the playbook wouldn't give Manziel enough room to turn broken plays into TDs

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Texans D comes out angry and pissed after the Boston Massacre. Luck get sacked countless times...

I think our pass rush is going to look "improved" this Sunday.

We must be cautious though, fools gold & all. I believe Luck is in the top ten of most sacked QBs this year. He's taking a beating this year.

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 07:36 AM
...hopefully they come out angry and FOCUSED

:thinking:

uh.... thanks.

HJam72
12-12-2012, 09:22 AM
I think our pass rush is going to look "improved" this Sunday.

We must be cautious though, fools gold & all. I believe Luck is in the top ten of most sacked QBs this year. He's taking a beating this year.

Good, let's ruin 'im like HWSNBN. :bat:

2012Champs
12-12-2012, 09:29 AM
The line is all over the place on scoresandodds vegas grid -7.5-9.5

Dread-Head
12-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Luck's "Luck" will run out. This Texan team was BUILT to beat the Colts.

BullNation4Life
12-12-2012, 09:35 AM
I've said it before...I'll say it again...

statistics show that teams coming off an embarrassing loss always destroy teams coming off emotional wins...

Texans got embarrassed...

Colts won an emotional game against the Titans....

Texans win in a Colt beat down...

Tailgate
12-12-2012, 09:38 AM
nfl is more then just stats...I can promise you if the team that showed up vs new england shows up..and the colts that beat packers show up..going be bad day for houston..

Is that what you think is going to happen?

Double Barrel
12-12-2012, 09:50 AM

Tom Brady >>> Andrew Luck

Don't fool yourself that Luck is anywhere near that level.

Your team also lost to a crappy Jets team, a garbage Jaguars team, and were blown away by the Bears. All three of the teams the Texans beat.

The Texans lost two games, both to championship caliber teams. But we certainly did not lost to any bottom feeders like the Jets and Jaguars.

HJam72
12-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Sunday can't get here soon enough...

BullNation4Life
12-12-2012, 09:57 AM
HERVOYEL! What the hell man! I came here to get my favorite prediction of the week and it isn't here!

I know it's only Wednesday but man I need my fix....:aggressive:

76Texan
12-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Is that what you think is going to happen?

He was hoping for the very best case scenario.
A guy can dream, can't he?

Man, I hope that nightmare doesn't rear its ugly head.
It would be embarrassing for real.

BullNation4Life
12-12-2012, 10:08 AM
He was hoping for the very best case scenario.
A guy can dream, can't he?

Man, I hope that nightmare doesn't rear its ugly head.
It would be embarrassing for real.

It would be the biggest flame out in NFL history if the Texans end up losing the AFC title because the couldn't close out...

and that could actually become a reality, it's not dreaming and that is what sucks...

HJam72
12-12-2012, 10:15 AM
You just gotta enjoy the wins as they come. This franchise is 11 years old and we're all (me too at times) freaking out because we might not win the Superbowl.

76Texan
12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
It would be the biggest flame out in NFL history if the Texans end up losing the AFC title because the couldn't close out...

and that could actually become a reality, it's not dreaming and that is what sucks...

Take a look at your Sig and mine.
It won't happen!

DX-TEX
12-12-2012, 10:42 AM

If that somehow happens there is ZERO doubt in my mind what must happen. But that is for a different (Hint: HUGE ASS THREAD on the front page) thread...

Tailgate
12-12-2012, 10:49 AM

We certainly will find out alot about this team in the next 2 weeks. We must win both.

Texans -31
Dolts - 23

kiwitexansfan
12-12-2012, 01:50 PM
I want these two games vs. the Colts more than any other game this season (playoffs aside).

Really want to get this whole Luck/Colts era started right, whipping on them to show them who owns this division.

If that can lead to them missing the playoffs that would be icing on the cake.

Texans 26
Colts 10

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 02:04 PM
I want these two games vs. the Colts more than any other game this season (playoffs aside).

If Kubiak were a smart man, His number one priority would be to win the division. We can do that Sunday by beating the Colts.

After that, the most important thing we can do is stay ahead of the Patriots. If they win Sunday as well, against the 49ers, their remaining schedule is cake. If they do what they do in December, win, we will have no choice but to keep winning.

If it's us & them at 13-3 they get HFThroughout. If we're 14-2 & they are 13-3, we get HFThroughout.

HJam72
12-12-2012, 02:10 PM
14-2 is a good number. :mail:

Everlong
12-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Pats fan perspective having played both teams.

It comes down to their run defense and your passing defense. The unit that steps up wins. The Colts are very porous against the run and you should be able to wear them down. Shaub is much more effective when he's throwing play action when the running game is clicking. While your team is dramatically more talented it's a QB driven league. While Luck is no Brady or Rogers at this point he might be as good as Stafford, who IMO wouldn't be good at all without CJ, and Stafford had a big day against your defense. Luck will eventually be much better than Stafford but for now I think it's a valid comp. I also think the first quarter is clutch for both teams. If the Texans come out mad and run the ball down their throats I think they'll roll. If Indy can survive that onslaught watch out for another comeback and close game win.

All that said Texans 31-21.

HJam72
12-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah, yeah, fine. You guys just relax and lay an egg against the 49ers Sunday. You don't need that win anyway. :fingergun:

Thorn
12-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah, yeah, fine. You guys just relax and lay an egg against the 49ers Sunday. You don't need that win anyway. :fingergun:

It shouldn't matter what they do. We should win out, it's ours to take or give away.

Señor Stan
12-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Texans destroy the Colts.

3 touchdown lead by the half and no turtle mode in the 2nd half.

42-0 Texans.

klockWork
12-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Texans destroy the Colts.

3 touchdown lead by the half and no turtle mode in the 2nd half.

42-0 Texans.

The only way we get a blowout like that if our defense and special teams help us out. If they don't it's 7-0 Texans. The offense go on autopilot with a lead every time.

ThaJokaa
12-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Gotta break the #12 curse for this season. Knocks on wood, kisses rabbit foot

http://i45.tinypic.com/6zyq15.jpg

kiwitexansfan
12-12-2012, 05:14 PM
This read may make you feel better about playing the Colts.

LINK (http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/45037/is-this-real-the-juggernaut-colts#channel=f30daa5d481af4c&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grantland.com&channel_path=%2Ffacebook%2Fchannel.html%3Ffb_xd_fr agment%23xd_sig%3Df193002146e2aa3%26)

thunderkyss
12-12-2012, 05:39 PM
This read may make you feel better about playing the Colts.

LINK (http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/45037/is-this-real-the-juggernaut-colts#channel=f30daa5d481af4c&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grantland.com&channel_path=%2Ffacebook%2Fchannel.html%3Ffb_xd_fr agment%23xd_sig%3Df193002146e2aa3%26)

That can't be right. Dude must be a Colts hater. Only the Texans have "issues" and are less than perfect.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2012, 06:53 PM
After the thread that I just read about Kubiak "calling out players manhood", I have two predictions:

A) Pain! Signed, Clubber Lang

B) Way too much to not nearly enough.

Texans!

EllisUnit
12-12-2012, 07:21 PM
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/44859/fourth-and-short-its-only-one-game-houston

Here is another article from the same guy, i do like the research he does and he makes a lot of valid points on all his articles i have reado so far.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2012, 07:31 PM

HA!!! I see what you did there! ;)

SheTexan
12-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Since I got my RED, WHITE, and BLUES mixed up on MNF, I'm keeping my trap shut and sitting the bench!!:spin:

NO predictions from me EVER! Well, at least the rest of this year!:texflag:

fiasco west
12-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Gotta break the #12 curse for this season. Knocks on wood, kisses rabbit foot

http://i45.tinypic.com/6zyq15.jpg

3rd time's the charm right?

76Texan
12-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Since I got my RED, WHITE, and BLUES mixed up on MNF, I'm keeping my trap shut and sitting the bench!!:spin:

NO predictions from me EVER! Well, at least the rest of this year!:texflag:

I wouldn't worry at all.

Sometimes, well, often times, when the signal is too strong, it bounced the other way.

But there's no harm in "trusting" your emotion regarding your football team.

As long as we know the outcome might be contradicting, I like it much better going into the game with full of hope.

When the situation turns dire, we realize that it's just a regular season game.
No biggie.

The play-offs are different though, because anybody can win on game day.

Titans Sux 72
12-13-2012, 08:29 PM
After last night, the Texans will be in a mood to kick some ass. And that's what they will do. The Dolts are going down by 17 points or more.

This.
Texans 2 losses are against Rogers and Brady. Luck is neither.
The colts have no running game.
The Texans D is PIZZED!!!! Have a lot to prove and they are at home.
Texans by a lot!

Texan_Bill
12-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Texans +17... Yeah, I said it!!

Wolf
12-13-2012, 08:42 PM
I will be surprised if the Texans don't take the colts to the woodshed and beat innegan out of them

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 10:02 PM
I believe the Texans have the resolve & the talent now, to not allow themselves to lose two in a row. Don't get me wrong, good teams have & will lose two in a row. But after watching New England & knowing where they want to go I think they know that they've got to be better than a "good team"

IDEXAN
12-14-2012, 07:47 AM
I will be surprised if the Texans don't take the colts to the woodshed and beat innegan out of them
But were you surprised when the Pats took the Texans to the woodshed Monday night and beat the "innegan" out of them ? Just remember, by definition a surprise is when something unexpected happens, so brace yourself for this Sunday in Reliant.

Wolf
12-14-2012, 08:50 AM
I really didn't think the Texans would win in new England last week. Guess the reason I wasn't mad or anything. I don't know why. However I do expect them to sweep the colts. I have no idea how that team is winning with that crappy of a defense.

With that said. I jinxed the Texans

Indy Skinnz
12-14-2012, 09:23 AM
I really didn't think the Texans would win in new England last week. Guess the reason I wasn't mad or anything. I don't know why. However I do expect them to sweep the colts. I have no idea how that team is winning with that crappy of a defense.

Lots of smokes and mirrors.

Nothing about the Colts winning makes much sense. The defense is talent deficient in lots of areas. The turnover ratio is awful. They have had periods of just flat terrible play but yet they are 9-4 overall, 8-2 in their last 10. Luck has been clutch in the 4th quarter and the defense has made stops at the absolute right moments.

I expect the Colts to get drilled on Sunday and not be a real player come January. But this year has been an unexpected joyride.

Exascor
12-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Texans 49
Colts 13

Texans set a record for points in a half in the first half and points in a game. Luck's luck has run out. The Colts will lose the next 3 games and miss the playoffs.

thunderkyss
12-14-2012, 09:44 AM
I expect the Colts to get drilled on Sunday and not be a real player come January. But this year has been an unexpected joyride.

That's the way I like to look at a season. When you've exceeded your expectations, how can you not enjoy it?

But we've had high expectations for so long. For no reason. It seems we base our expectations on time. "We've been in the league for 4 years, we're not an expansion team."

4 years ain't got nothing to do with jack. We probably shouldn't have been an expansion team, but when you took a wrong turn at every junction, you're still an expansion team.

"He's been here 4 years." It took us 4 years to get a starting line-up & there were legitimate reasons for that & some not so legit reasons.

We're sitting here at 11-2, only lost one game on the road. Have not lost two games in a row. Swept 2 of our 3 divison rivals, beat 3 out of 4 division leaders (when we played them), have the best record in the AFC, we control our own destiny for HFThrougout the play-offs with 3 games to go & a lot of us are pissed off because we haven't won the Super Bowl yet.

Go figure.

michaelm
12-14-2012, 04:18 PM

Six teams had fresh film of what the Packers did to us, and it did them no good at all.
I disagree with the premise, completely. The Colts are not the Patriots, the Colts are the Colts.

Texans by a mile.

drs23
12-14-2012, 04:52 PM

Well then, quitit! :foottap:

houstonhurricane
12-15-2012, 07:16 AM
I am going to say we drill the Colts the same way we took down the Ravens earlier this season. However, as it relates to the top seed, I have always been concerned about our final road game against Indy in week 17.

thunderkyss
12-15-2012, 08:29 AM
I am going to say we drill the Colts the same way we took down the Ravens earlier this season. However, as it relates to the top seed, I have always been concerned about our final road game against Indy in week 17.

If the Patriots win this week & next we won't rest our starters unless the game is out of hand. I don't think the Patriots lose again this year & being that we play at noon, we won't have the luxury of waiting to see what they do week 17.

The smart thing to do then would be to play with every intention of winning that game.

76Texan
12-15-2012, 08:47 AM
If the Patriots win this week & next we won't rest our starters unless the game is out of hand. I don't think the Patriots lose again this year & being that we play at noon, we won't have the luxury of waiting to see what they do week 17.

The smart thing to do then would be to play with every intention of winning that game.

The way the Texans have been playing, they may lose the next two games and would need to win in week 17 to win the division. :overreact::wadepalm:

thunderkyss
12-15-2012, 09:09 AM
The way the Texans have been playing, they may lose the next two games and would need to win in week 17 to win the division. :overreact::wadepalm:

I don't think so. Even with a porous secondary, we were pretty dominant in the Tennessee game. We didn't score in the second half (3 points) but we forced 6 turnovers. For all of Locker's 309 yards passing, he only scored 1 TD for the whole game. We gave up 10 points.

Even in the Patriots game, We played good defense from the 2nd Qtr on. Offensively I see concerns, however I feel good about Newton coming back.

Oh... you were being sarcastic.

CloakNNNdagger
12-15-2012, 04:00 PM

The Pats game supposedly was not labelled a must-win game.......but probably should have been. No doubt this one is.

Should the Colts pull the upset Sunday, not only will they punch their ticket to the post-season, but they will also be able to set their sights on sneaking up and stealing the division from Houston. As improbable as that would seem, the math is simple. A Colts win would put them one game behind the Texans with two games to play. It also will very likely set up a winner take all game for the AFC South title in week 17, a scenario Houston wants to avoid. Houston wants to be playing for something in the season finale, but not for the division.

Even if the Texans win Sunday and wrap up the division, the week 17 game will still loom large. The Colts will either still be playing for a spot in the playoffs or to improve their seeding. That something that the Texans would be playing for is home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Assuming that the Patriots do not lose, which is very likely as they will be favored in their three remaining games, the Texans will not have the luxury of resting their starters. Instead, in order to finish with the top spot in the AFC, they will have to do something that they have never done in franchise history, win in Indianapolis.

Houston is 0-10 in the capital city of Indiana, 0-4 at Lucas Oil Stadium and 0-6 at the old RCA Dome. It has already been a season of firsts for the Texans in this their tenth anniversary season. It will only be fitting that for them to finish first in the conference for the first time, that they will have to beat the Colts on the road for the first time. The picture is clear for the Texans. Beat Indianapolis on Sunday, clinch the division for the second consecutive season. Win in Indianapolis in week 17, clinch home-field advantage and avoid having to return to New England or Denver in the playoffs. When and where the Texans will be playing in January will all come down to two December games vs the Colts. Good job schedule makers, good job.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/12/15/houston-texans-playing-for-afc-south-title-and-much-more/

qqert
12-15-2012, 05:03 PM
tomorrow's win/loss entirely depends on what kind of offense were going to get tomorrow.
i have more confidence on the defense than the offense.

2012Champs
12-15-2012, 06:41 PM
The steam has hit the texans the line is now -10 to -11 with 70% of the money hitting the texans now

silentassassin
12-15-2012, 10:31 PM
The steam has hit the texans the line is now -10 to -11 with 70% of the money hitting the texans now

Vegas ain't down on us yet. :choke:

76Texan
12-15-2012, 11:01 PM
All I need is a win. One more point, all that matters!:runaway::runaway:

Thorn
12-15-2012, 11:27 PM
It would be nice to whoop their ass, but all I really want is a win of any type. Preferably not another OT though.

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Just realized I never posted a prediction.

Last week we saw how our team responded in Matt Schaub's first "play-off atmosphere" game. I think we learned something we'd rather not have.

Today will be Andy Luck's first "play-off atmosphere" game. Popular opinion would have you to believe he'll pass this test with flying colors. I don't believe it.

I think our defense is ready to capitalize on any & all mistakes... the ball is going to bounce our way & if the quoted numbers hold true I predict one thing.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/clubber-pain.jpg

PAIN!!!

Sorry Herv, I stole it... straight-up gangsta style, stole it.

EllisUnit
12-16-2012, 02:52 PM
aout time foster broke a long one.

EllisUnit
12-16-2012, 02:53 PM
about time, this is how foster used to look.....

thunderkyss
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM

Go figure, Texans covered.

76Texan
12-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Go figure, Texans covered.

There wasn't any doubt.:runaway:

EllisUnit
12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Ok I know we are all down about last nights game. I honestly think this sets up a good match-up vs the pats in the play-offs. Revenge is always more sweet especially when it matters the most :). But until then

We got the colts and I feel very sorry for them and especially luck hopefully he makes it through the game cause I see Watt recking havoc.

Texans 51
Colts 17

Yeah I feel they will be our punching bag. Foster 130 yards 2 TDs, martin 1 PR TD, jean and martin a TD apiece with AJ adding over 100 yards and a TD. Defense sacks luck 7 times and picks him off 3 more.

was close on foster and AJ atleast, and the D had 5 sacks i said 7. ewww

TexanBacker93
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm getting a feeling that we will see the Colts back here in the Divisional round. I don't see Baltimore beating them if they play in the Wild Card round.