PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing

Tailgate
12-10-2012, 10:37 PM
How can we not be considered fools gold from this point forward? You better believe the results of the GB and tonights game vs NE will start to spread like a virus in our clubhouse. These were straight ass whoopins.

The only light I can find is if we can get home field, we will get a chance to nip this shhh in the bud before it follows us into 2013 and beyond.

CretorFrigg
12-10-2012, 10:41 PM
How can we not be considered fools gold from this point forward? You better believe the results of the GB and tonights game vs NE will start to spread like a virus in our clubhouse. These were straight ass whoopins.

The only light I can find is if we can get home field, we will get a chance to nip this shhh in the bud before it follows us into 2013 and beyond.

What's even worse is I had to watch this game with arrogant Patriots fans who felt the need to rip the "hicks from Texas" after every play.

:wadepalm: Very embarrassing.

Tailgate
12-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Sports media is going to be totally awesome now! Its going to be the exact same as before, except everyone will just add an lol at the end of each point.

Titans Sux 72
12-10-2012, 10:47 PM

The clubhouse?

Really ?

I see overreaction with the fans ie this post but not with the team. Hopefully they are puzzled and this is a kick in the azzzz that they need ,but not a "virus".

It was an azzz whoopn can't justify it but the team is not gonna go into the fetal position.

TexanSam
12-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Sports media is going to be totally awesome now! Its going to be the exact same as before, except everyone will just add an lol at the end of each point.

I'm not listening to sports radio for a few days. The callers are going to be obnoxious and angry.

CretorFrigg
12-10-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm not listening to sports radio for a few days. The callers are going to be obnoxious and angry.

They have every right to be angry. What happened to our defense? What happened to our pass rush? It's not like it's a one time thing. It's been suspect for a while, and they finally got exposed.

Tailgate
12-10-2012, 10:51 PM
The clubhouse?

Really ?

I see overreaction with the fans ie this post but not with the team. Hopefully they are puzzled and this is a kick in the azzzz that they need ,but not a "virus".

It was an azzz whoopn can't justify it but the team is not gonna go into the fetal position.

Theres is a difference between believing you can win and KNOWING you can win. This team will will only have so long to define itself.

Rey
12-10-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm going to listen to sports radio...

I want to hear all those hosts back track...

Too smug leading up to this game. Everyone trying to convince themselves that the texans were the shyt.

They were the shyt alright.

Need to keep working. Have three weeks to find themselves.

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 10:53 PM
They have every right to be angry. What happened to our defense? What happened to our pass rush? It's not like it's a one time thing. It's been suspect for a while, and they finally got exposed.

Failure to adjust and adapt is what happened. We only got beat for 4 passing TDs and still left all our guys on an island alone. Although i dont blame the defense they did stop brrady 4 straight times.

Titans Sux 72
12-10-2012, 10:53 PM

Still worried what the media thinks.

Who freaking cares!

You think the Giants cared what the media thinks last year before the play offs started?

Just play the games. In the play offs everybody is 0-0.

Power rankings, media perception means NOTHING!

MEGA SWATT
12-10-2012, 10:54 PM
I hate GB and I hate NE like something awful.

We just can't win the big game on the big stage.

The score is not embarrassing if you're dyslexic.

It's amazing how mobile wilfork is with that HUGE ass pot belly.:gun:

Showtime100
12-10-2012, 10:55 PM
What's even worse is I had to watch this game with arrogant Patriots fans who felt the need to rip the "hicks from Texas" after every play.

:wadepalm: Very embarrassing.

Where did you watch the game? Were you the only Texan there? Just curious.

hradhak
12-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Failure to adjust and adapt is what happened. We only got beat for 4 passing TDs and still left all our guys on an island alone. Although i dont blame the defense they did stop brrady 4 straight times.

The defense did lockdown after some adjustments. We got punched in the mouth early and never recovered. Brady really didn't pick us apart (21/35) as much as we did absolutely nothing on offense to match. The pats D is not good enough to warrant shutting us out in the first half.

CretorFrigg
12-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Where did you watch the game? Were you the only Texan there? Just curious.

I made the mistake of watching the game with some college buddies (all from MA.) Yes, I was the only Texans fan, and it was utterly embarrassing.

TexanSam
12-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Despite the 42 points, the Texans defense gave Schaub and Co. every opportunity to come back and make it a game. Three straight three and out's and we didn't get one damn score. I'm not putting a whole lot of blame on the defense in this game. Yeah, they made mistakes but nobody can expect them to shut down Tom Brady, especially when they aren't given much to work with.

Showtime100
12-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I made the mistake of watching the game with some college buddies (all from MA.) Yes, I was the only Texans fan, and it was utterly embarrassing.

Yeah, sucks. I wouldn't have been in good humor tonight in that situation...lol.

Texan4Ever
12-10-2012, 11:00 PM
This may or may not work but perhaps getting embarrassed in the national spotlight is exactly what this team needs. Face it, we've been lagging the last few games and it was about time a team exposed our weaknesses.

Hopefully this loss leaves a sick feeling in the players stomach and gets them fired up to step up and quit screwing around out there. Get pissed, watch some tape, player hard, and buckle up! Go Texans!

Tailgate
12-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Still worried what the media thinks.

Who freaking cares!

You think the Giants cared what the media thinks last year before the play offs started?

Just play the games. In the play offs everybody is 0-0.

Power rankings, media perception means NOTHING!

Winning means everything of course. The media, fanfare, message boards, etc... Its all just extra entertainment. I know all of this. I have already stated I think we get a chance to redeem ourselves.

Showtime100
12-10-2012, 11:02 PM
This may or may not work but perhaps getting embarrassed in the national spotlight is exactly what this team needs. Face it, we've been lagging the last few games and it was about time a team exposed our weaknesses.

Hopefully this loss leaves a sick feeling in the players stomach and gets them fired up to step up and quit screwing around out there. Get pissed, watch some tape, player hard, and buckle up! Go Texans!

I was telling my wife that very thing. These guys have pride and egos, they must in order to get where thay are.

Time to think about this asswhipping and show the NFL you are worthy.

Brisco_County
12-10-2012, 11:08 PM

There is no silver lining in this game. Nothing to take away. The Patriots examined the same weaknesses in this team that we as fans have been observing for weeks, and they exploited them.

Textan
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM

I like this theory except for the fact I believed the same thing after the Pac embarrassed us.
Good coaching and good teams don't need a whoopin to play their best, they just do it.

bckey
12-10-2012, 11:32 PM
It is the same old Oilers in different uniforms with a different team name. Total embarrassment. We need to have a powder blue day.

Showtime100
12-10-2012, 11:38 PM
It is the same old Oilers in different uniforms with a different team name. Total embarrassment. We need a powder blue day.

If you mean Columbia blue I can't disagree more. This is the Texans. No ties to that team except our legitimate thanks to the greats that played in Houston for a team called the Houston Oilers. My hat remains off to those great players who gave me such enjoyment and even pride to watch.

Other than that, stuff the columbia blue in an attic, visit the box up there as many time as you like, but leave this Texans organization out of it.

I wish we could officially honor the great Oilers that brightened our Sundays, but thanks to Bud we cannot. Done, turn the page.

silentassassin
12-10-2012, 11:38 PM

While I'm inclined to agree, I don't think anyone can use that justification twice in a season.

It happened in the Green Bay game, and that was that.

It is worth noting that both losses this season began the same way. I'll reiterate here like I did in another thread. Committing penalties to extend the opponent's drives is KILLER, especially against these quarterbacks.

klockWork
12-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Simply embarrassing. AJ was covered by a 7th round rookie CB in the 2nd half and we didn't exploit it. Simply emberassing.

Textan
12-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Despite the 42 points, the Texans defense gave Schaub and Co. every opportunity to come back and make it a game. Three straight three and out's and we didn't get one damn score. I'm not putting a whole lot of blame on the defense in this game. Yeah, they made mistakes but nobody can expect them to shut down Tom Brady, especially when they aren't given much to work with.
Giving up 42 points will never be considered giving your offense a chance. This defense has struggled mightily these last four games.
They've given up 120 points, an average of 30 points per game.

Showtime100
12-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Missing Schaub, missing Mario, DeMeco, AJ?...well, missing AJ was big.....

Missing Cushing and Reed at the same time?

Priceless if you are not called the Houston Texans.

Titans Sux 72
12-11-2012, 12:52 AM
It is the same old Oilers in different uniforms with a different team name. Total embarrassment. We need to have a powder blue day.

The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!

The oilers are the titans.

The better team won tonite. You pick your self up and you learn from it.
The Texans demolished the ravens after the Packer loss and let's just pray they demolish (which I think they will) the colts.

DX-TEX
12-11-2012, 12:53 AM
The sky is falling! This team CAN NOT win a big primetime game to save their life! The entire team stunk and should hide their heads in shame.

Showtime100
12-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Aah, good night all. I'm going to go wake my wife up for no apparent reason. After that the Texans loss will seem trivial. :D

Be safe, my friends! :worldpeace:

Norg
12-11-2012, 12:56 AM
this game and GB we like De JA VU ...what i wanna know i didnt watch the game but WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR TEAM

Offensive Defense and ST ... What is the problem ...????? or is it coaching ..???

Surreal McCoy
12-11-2012, 01:16 AM
WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR TEAM

Offensive Defense and ST ... What is the problem ...????? or is it coaching ..???

yes :)

Norg
12-11-2012, 01:38 AM
well i did see most of the game on a bad TV at work and just some of my thoughts

Offessive

Matt schaub mobility is just bad and hes getting OLD do yall think Matt has the same moblity has Kerry Collins ...???? plus he does not run the Hurry up offensive audible and checks like his counterparts do

the oline isnt helping much either we are batterd up with injuries and the line could ot handle the pass rush or RUn

speaking of RUN IDK about yall but Arain is Human hes not the all WORLD beast RB we think he is he can get shutdown

thoes are just some of the glaring problems ill get to D and COaching later

TexansLucky13
12-11-2012, 01:39 AM
Honestly I only feel bad for the fans who went to the game. I was at the Ravens playoff game last year so I know what it feels like.

Bulls on Parade
12-11-2012, 02:12 AM
Tonight's loss just needs to make us more hungry to win the final three games and lock up the 1st seed in the AFC Playoffs. Two home wins to reach the Super Bowl, and if we face the Pats again we'll kick their ass in Reliant.

Tailgate
12-11-2012, 08:17 AM
This just effing sucks. Wake up, and last night still happened. Oh well, at least I can be more productive at work now.

Thorn
12-11-2012, 08:22 AM
What a bunch of overreacting fans we are.

Damn, it sure the hell is horrible to be 11-2 and have all these problems! LOL

How soon we forget how far we've come since that 2-14 season. The only thing embarrassing around here is how some of us are reacting.

Tailgate
12-11-2012, 08:26 AM
What a bunch of overreacting fans we are.

Damn, it sure the hell is horrible to be 11-2 and have all these problems! LOL

How soon we forget how far we've come since that 2-14 season. The only thing embarrassing around here is how some of us are reacting.

Lol... You are right. All is well in Texans land! No big!

TexanBacker93
12-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Meh..It's a loss. It wasn't pretty but it means nothing other than another notch in the L column.

In 2008 the Steelers went to Nashville to play the Titans in week 16. They were 11-3 and the Tits were 12-2 at the time. HFA pretty much sat with the winner of this game. The Steelers were beaten by 17. Granted, it wasn't a beat down like this. It was a close game throughout, but....they still went on the win the Super Bowl.

Of course they were already a Super Bowl winning team and knew how to handle those situations. This is our first time in this role. You can't expect to start dating super models when you're 16. You have to work up to it.

HJam72
12-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Meh..It's a loss. It wasn't pretty but it means nothing other than another notch in the L column.

In 2008 the Steelers went to Nashville to play the Titans in week 16. They were 11-3 and the Tits were 12-2 at the time. HFA pretty much sat with the winner of this game. The Steelers were beaten by 17. Granted, it wasn't a beat down like this. It was a close game throughout, but....they still went on the win the Super Bowl.

Of course they were already a Super Bowl winning team and knew how to handle those situations. This is our first time in this role. You can't expect to start dating super models when you're 16. You have to work up to it.

Well, I'm still tryin', but I did better when I was 16. :kitten:

HOU-TEX
12-11-2012, 09:13 AM
We looked horrible at every position. Heck, even my boy DB looked lost most of the time. Wade and Kubiak both were severely out coached and out schemed. The Pats found ways to exploit how bad our LBs are in coverage. We waited waaay too long to make those adjustments.

Schaub was just plain bad. It's rare that he's as inaccurate as he was last night. It appeared to me like he was looking for the big play from the start by forcing the ball into coverage when he's got a wide open check down.

Other than the titans game the offense has been able to make up for our defense's mediocrity. Last night they did not. IMO, this game wasn't much different than the Jags and Lions games. Our offense was there for those two and failed to show last night.

Sure, we can definitely blame the O, but what about those other two? IMO, our defense is average at best right now. I miss Cushing

steelbtexan
12-11-2012, 09:20 AM
I hate GB and I hate NE like something awful.

We just can't win the big game on the big stage.

The score is not embarrassing if you're dyslexic.

It's amazing how mobile wilfork is with that HUGE ass pot belly.:gun:

The Texans are following Garys fearless lead/personality. Choking on the big stage. Other than last yrs playoffs how many big games has Gary won? It's a character/coaching flaw. Too Consevative

bckey
12-11-2012, 09:46 AM
If you mean Columbia blue I can't disagree more. This is the Texans. No ties to that team except our legitimate thanks to the greats that played in Houston for a team called the Houston Oilers. My hat remains off to those great players who gave me such enjoyment and even pride to watch.

Other than that, stuff the columbia blue in an attic, visit the box up there as many time as you like, but leave this Texans organization out of it.

I wish we could officially honor the great Oilers that brightened our Sundays, but thanks to Bud we cannot. Done, turn the page.

I'm so thankful that you could educate me on Oilers history. I simply meant that they have eerily similar choking qualities.

klockWork
12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
The most embarrassing part of the game was our offense made the Pats D look top-notch. Without all those force turnovers in the season that D is simply horrible. The fact that we only turn it over once and still get shut down is simply embarrassing.

I didn't expect we win this game but if we limit our turnovers the worst that could happen is we lose in a close shootout high-scoring game. That didn't even happen.

Double Barrel
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Theres is a difference between believing you can win and KNOWING you can win. This team will will only have so long to define itself.

Yep. This is why I could not go "full homer" until they earn it. I see too many flaws in this team to believe that they are 'elite'. They played two great OT games, but then you realize the combined wins of those opponents are 6. But against elite QBs this season, they are 1-2. The win only comes against Manning that missed a whole season and was playing with a whole new team. The losses were ass kickings that had no silver linings.

Just like the Oilers of the early '90's, this Texans team is a great regular season team. They might even go 14-2, and then everyone can swim in koolaide until they inevitable playoff loss brings us back to reality.

Until they PROVE it, it's just another typical Houston pro football team. At least they are beating teams they are supposed to beat. But I'm not delusional about their chances against proven championship teams.

Any given Sunday yada yada yada, but the truth is that we will need elite those teams to play crappy games for us to win in the playoffs. We won't be getting the Bengals for two rounds. At some point, the Texans are going to have to beat elite QBs in pressure situations on the big stage.

The Texans are following Garys fearless lead/personality. Choking on the big stage. Other than last yrs playoffs how many big games has Gary won? It's a character/coaching flaw. Too Consevative

I've tried to be optimistic for Kubiak because of the wins. But last night pissed me off. Down three scores in the third quarter, and he runs twice for losses to set up a 3rd and long. Seriously?!?!! WTF was that?!

I tried to be pragmatic last week that Belichick was going to run circles around Kubiak, but some folks did not want to hear it. And I never really doubted what Brady would do to this defense after seeing what Aaron Rogers did to it. Glaringly wide open receivers are not missed by elite QBs. Of course, our QB throws into double coverage for an INT while a wide open Arian Foster never got a glance. Wonderful. It was an embarrassing game to watch.

This is not sky is falling stuff. I'm just disgusted with this loss. It was pathetic to see such a good time roll over like that last night.

klockWork
12-11-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't know which is more embarrassing, getting shutdown by a horrid Pats defense or getting lit up by Chad Henne.

Tailgate
12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
I don't know which is more embarrassing, getting shutdown by a horrid Pats defense or getting lit up by Chad Henne.

We have not played a complete game since October. We are regressing at the wrong time. Until this team proves otherwise we are simply fools gold.

Texan4Ever
12-11-2012, 04:41 PM
While I'm inclined to agree, I don't think anyone can use that justification twice in a season.

It happened in the Green Bay game, and that was that.

It is worth noting that both losses this season began the same way. I'll reiterate here like I did in another thread. Committing penalties to extend the opponent's drives is KILLER, especially against these quarterbacks.

I like this theory except for the fact I believed the same thing after the Pac embarrassed us.
Good coaching and good teams don't need a whoopin to play their best, they just do it.

I was telling my wife that very thing. These guys have pride and egos, they must in order to get where thay are.

Time to think about this asswhipping and show the NFL you are worthy.

The Packers game I kind of understand because didn't they play the Sunday and then that Monday or something like that?

The Pats game was no excuse...

klockWork
12-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Just pitiful. I never seen a team quit entering the 2nd half. Running the ball on the first two plays to setup 3rd & long trailing 21 pts is indicative of that.

Double Barrel
12-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Just pitiful. I never seen a team quit entering the 2nd half. Running the ball on the first two plays to setup 3rd & long trailing 21 pts is indicative of that.

I would have been pissed about that run/run to set up 3rd and long if I had not emotionally detached myself from the game by that point.

I agree, though, pathetic and pitiful and a sign of inability to make adjustments when required.

Was that just coaches being stubborn about establishing a run game? At some point they've just got to say what the heck and start airing that thing out, especially when AJ is being covered by some no-name schmuck.

Showtime100
12-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm so thankful that you could educate me on Oilers history. I simply meant that they have eerily similar choking qualities.

I didn't mean anything personal, I just don't want the Texans dressing up like another team, especially that one.

thunderkyss
12-11-2012, 08:22 PM

It doesn't matter what they think.

If we're lucky, Baltimore will beat Denver & New England, we'll beat Cincy/Pittsburgh then host the AFCCG & Kick Baltimore's butt.

We'll play the Bears in the Super Bowl & take Cutler out of that game too.

They might have to put an asterisk on the Lombardi since we didn't beat a truly elite team to get it, but I'm ok with that.

thunderkyss
12-11-2012, 09:21 PM
The most embarrassing part of the game was our offense made the Pats D look top-notch. Without all those force turnovers in the season that D is simply horrible. The fact that we only turn it over once and still get shut down is simply embarrassing.

I didn't expect we win this game but if we limit our turnovers the worst that could happen is we lose in a close shootout high-scoring game. That didn't even happen.

This is the first post you've made that I can agree with.

The difference is the offense. We knew we were hurting on defense. Kubiak is supposed to be a guru.

At least Wade made in game adjustments & we saw them shut the Patriots down for a qtr. If the offense could have done their part, we could have held them to one TD per Quarter.

Against the 26th ranked defense, only one turnover, this game should not have been what it was.

thunderkyss
12-11-2012, 09:24 PM
We have not played a complete game since October. We are regressing at the wrong time. Until this team proves otherwise we are simply fools gold.

Keep in mind, next week may be the first time Wade had the same 11 starters for two weeks in a row since October.

Hopefully the regressing is over & we start getting better.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2012, 09:29 PM

You are aged 34, yes??

It's our second loss, no???

Do you not remember the Oilers??? This Texans team (while a pathetic and "embarrassing" performance..... WILL bounce back!!!

Tailgate
12-11-2012, 09:44 PM
You are aged 34, yes??

It's our second loss, no???

Do you not remember the Oilers??? This Texans team (while a pathetic and "embarrassing" performance..... WILL bounce back!!!

I guess I don't understand? The Oilers never made it to the Superbowl. Which is ultimately what I am speaking to. I certainly do hope they bounce back and this was just another "learning" experience.

And yes, I am still 34 years young! :)

Double Barrel
12-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I didn't mean anything personal, I just don't want the Texans dressing up like another team, especially that one.

I agree completely. I'm not superstitious or anything, but why take the chance, y'know?