PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line

eriadoc
12-10-2012, 09:35 PM
I wish JJ Watt could go up against our OL for 16 games.

AMartin56
12-10-2012, 09:43 PM
It might be useful for Kubiak to call a freakin run play that makes Wilfork move more than a foot or so laterally. Seriously he's the dumbest 'offensive genius' I've ever seen at times.

eriadoc
12-10-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm sure everyone will point out some great stats after the game that soften how bad this OL is, but right now, in the game, I'm watching them get their asses kicked.

AMartin56
12-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Butler going down was a killer. We're on our 3rd or 4th choice RT at this point...and don't get me started on Caldwell being a total bust.

Hervoyel
12-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Butler going down was a killer. We're on our 3rd or 4th choice RT at this point...and don't get me started on Caldwell being a total bust.

3rd RT, Butler, Newton, then Harris but honestly I thought Harris was a small step up from Newton who wasn't all that much worse than Butler so it probably amounts to a wash. The truth is we had no real plan for the RT problem created when we kicked Eric Winston to the curb. I'm far from his biggest fan but I've always found it hard to believe that we couldn't have found a way to renegotiate his contract and keep him. He wasn't great but he was better than any of these guys.

eriadoc
12-10-2012, 11:16 PM
3rd RT, Butler, Newton, then Harris but honestly I thought Harris was a small step up from Newton who wasn't all that much worse than Butler so it probably amounts to a wash. The truth is we had no real plan for the RT problem created when we kicked Eric Winston to the curb. I'm far from his biggest fan but I've always found it hard to believe that we couldn't have found a way to renegotiate his contract and keep him. He wasn't great but he was better than any of these guys.

Kubiak had a plan - play Butler.

:toropalm:

IDEXAN
12-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Winston was a good to very good run blocking OT but not very good pass locker at all. But he was better than anybody we had or have there. That's gonna be
a high priority at the Draft.