PDA

View Full Version : Get off the bandwagon...

GRONKED
12-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Before it crashes and burns tonight.

Your beloved texans will get lit up. It wont be close.

I could post actual analysis here on why the pats will blow you out but these mods took a week to fkn approve me here so its too late for good conversation. Besides id likely get dismissed like all the espn experts picking the pats to win.

Instead, just want to point out that what rodgers did to your d was no fluke, no blip. Brady will do the same.

Pats by no less than 20.

Houston ko'd from playoffs by pats or broncos..depends who gets you first.

You heard it here.

(If I dont get banned ill be back to talk trash after)

Gl texans! (Mnf? Bright lights? In Foxboro? Vs g.o.a.t? Youll need it

valleytexfan
12-10-2012, 12:30 AM

I could post actual analysis here on why the pats will blow you out but these mods took a week to fkn approve me here so its too late for good conversation. Besides id likely get dismissed like all the espn experts picking the pats to win.

Instead, just want to point out that what rodgers did to your d was no fluke, no blip. Brady will do the same.

Pats by no less than 20.

You heard it here.

Thanks for stopping by. Interesting, no mention of your defense here. But good luck nevertheless. If we get Arian, AJ and OD going, it could be an entertaining night.

Mari-OWNED!
12-10-2012, 12:30 AM
http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/9a/9ac6742d_Eating-Popcorn-3-michael-jackson-21626092-257-192.gif

KA4Texan
12-10-2012, 12:31 AM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2011/8/23/56eebf5d-1080-463d-a42c-7a9bd98249fa.jpg

ThaShark316
12-10-2012, 12:34 AM
DON'T, folks...DON'T.

GP
12-10-2012, 12:36 AM
I guess we're doomed since Gronked says so.

And here I thought we were 11-1 and had 6 straight road game wins this year.

Peyton Manning? Doinked his ass. Win for the Texans.

Vaunted defense of the Ravens? Blew that bird to hell and back. Win for the Texans.

Bears defense in SOLDIER FIELD in really crappy weather? Texans win.

Lions, in their house, on Thanksgiving Day? Another OT win for the Texans, after having won an OT game the week before. 10 quarters of football in 5 days and our guys still end up winning both games. That doesn't impress you, Gronked?

We swept two of our divisional rivals, no problem.

Yeah, that little problem with Green Bay? That was a loss. But you guys lost to the Seahawks and the fugging Cardinals too??????? WTH? To the Cardinals? LMAO!

We'll see how this game turns out. A Texans win, and that proves the Texans are the best in the ENTIRE NFL...not just the AFC. Bro.

Ryan
12-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Gronked has spoken. It's over, folks. Might as well not even watch the game.

GP
12-10-2012, 12:39 AM
I think JoeTexan has a cousin in Massachusetts.

Big Lou
12-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Stay classy Boston.........

Big Lou
12-10-2012, 12:46 AM

Pats by no less than 20.

You heard it here.

Bet GRONKED was the camera man that taped all the illegal stuff a couple years back for Bellicheat! Hahahahahahahaha. Awful cocky, must started taping again.

GRONKED
12-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Really?

Defense? You made henne look like...wait for it....tom brady.

Lol @ mentioning lion win. Fake td kept you in the game. That win and the jags ot game back to back? So impressed. Pats play jags in a few weeks I sure hope we can pull out a miracle ot comeback win vs them too

Bears win gets no respect...no jay cutler. Your o was awful. Bring that mediocre o to Foxboro, watch what happens.

valleytexfan
12-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Arizona that lost 108-0 today?

Tailgate
12-10-2012, 12:53 AM
See you in the playoffs... IN HOUSTON.

Norg
12-10-2012, 12:57 AM
uhhh just like almost getting beaten by the Jets and Bills...at HOME !!! was no Fluke ... :P

and TBO Brady is no Rodgers ...... : )

and u got to include the weather factor..i think its supposed to rain that should maybe a 30 30 game turn into and 20 20 game

and u bring up Chad henne hasent Chad beaten the pats twice jus saying ... : P

GP
12-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Really?

Lol @ mentioning lion win. Fake td kept you in the game. That win and the jags ot game back to back? So impressed. Pats play jags in a few weeks I sure hope we can pull out a miracle ot comeback win vs them too

Bears win gets no respect...no jay cutler. Your o was awful. Bring that mediocre o to Foxboro, watch what happens.

We had a TD nullified vs. the Titans last Sunday because the ref blew the whistle too early, but we still won the game. By the way, in the Lions game: We were still going to get a 15-yard advance on the penalty on Schwartz for throwing the flag...we would have scored a TD anyways, and there would have been no time left on the clock. In fact, it would have been over in regulation had that TD been reversed because we would have marched down the field and burned the clock out on them. Good teams find ways to win games. We found a way to win two straight OT games. We can handle the challenges no matter what the challenge is.

11-1 is 11-1. ONE loss. How many losses do you have? And to who? LOL! Exactly. At least we lost our ONE game to a Super Bowl caliber team, not to the lowly Cardinals. And that was in your own house, Gronk. How sad. :(

You're about to find out that your Patriots are not the best team in the AFC.

Lurvinator11
12-10-2012, 01:04 AM
I knew all the Pats fans showing up were too good to be true.

This guy just ruined their good streak. We may lose tomorrow, but we won't lose to the in the playoffs.

Lurvinator11
12-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Also, I know you are new here, but we've got rules here.

This board is for actual football talk. Respectable, smart, and good nature football talk.

We do have a board for smack talk and for stereotyping haters like you. It's called "Blazing Arrows Rivalry Talk" So if your thread suddenly disappears, it's not because it was deleted, but it was actually moved to that board. Be sure to post there if all you have is smack talk.

Thank you, and welcome to Texans Talk. The best Message Board in the NFL.

DX-TEX
12-10-2012, 01:17 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/99problems-1.png

GRONKED
12-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Haha thanks for the welcome!

Good football talk eh?

Norg, Bradys an awesome poor weather qb. Pretty well documented...many qbs struggle in it, he excells.

GP..falcons have a cute record too. This January, do you take them over the established, championship calibre giants or pack?

I think that experience edge, coaching edge (bb), brady as a leader/x factor...will weigh very heavily in both tonights game and any playoff rematch. Tonights game includes homefield too, so pretty cocky lol.

For the record, houston has an awesome team and excluding the above I think theyre the better team for sure (prolly best in nfl). Big game time tho? Cant take them over pats...pack..or giants tbh

Allstar
12-10-2012, 01:32 AM
We've been GRONKED!

ItsMyFault
12-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Most Texans fans aren't bandwagon fans. Sorry to disappoint.

DX-TEX
12-10-2012, 01:38 AM

And we have the high blood pressure to prove it!

We've been GRONKED!

So we all have ghonorrea?

Dutchrudder
12-10-2012, 01:40 AM
For the record, houston has an awesome team and excluding the above I think theyre the better team for sure (prolly best in nfl). Big game time tho? Cant take them over pats...pack..or giants tbh

Funny, I can't ever pick the Pats over the Giants. I wonder why that is... :thinking:

stingray
12-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Funny, I can't ever pick the Pats over the Giants. I wonder why that is... :thinking:

Because the patsies arent allowed to videotape other teams practices anymore.

Texn4life
12-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Isn't it past your bedtime kiddo?

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 04:11 AM
I think that experience edge, coaching edge (bb), brady as a leader/x factor...will weigh very heavily in both tonights game and any playoff rematch. Tonights game includes homefield too, so pretty cocky lol.

This will be the second time we screw the Brady Bunch out of home field advantage.

Could be habit forming.

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 04:33 AM

Pats by no less than 20.

You heard it here.

I must admit this was the most well thought out analysis i have ever seen. Some many valid good points. Love when quality opposing fans stop by to discuss the game. :kitten:

On another note the texans are going to kick the Patriots ass up and down the field, and afterwards i do hope you come back. BUT like we have seen SO MANY times before you will not return like a man and admit that the texans are now king and your patriots are our little Bitches.

Good Day SIR !!!

Señor Stan
12-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Wow.

If the Patriots show up with a performance equal to your smack talking it WILL be a 20 point victory...

For the Texans.

qqert
12-10-2012, 06:05 AM

:handshake:

been through the demarcus faggins era, where it was noted that the training staff would let the wind blow around a blow-up doll around the field at reliant stadium and still get a reception.

or that screw-up by dunta robinson (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8037eb61/NFL-GameDay-Titans-vs-Texans-highlights) that robbed texans of a last minute victory over titans.

i've been a long suffering texan fan every sunday since the wrecked carr days!

GlassHalfFull
12-10-2012, 06:39 AM
I must admit this was the most well thought out analysis i have ever seen. Some many valid good points. Love when quality opposing fans stop by to discuss the game. :kitten:

On another note the texans are going to kick the Patriots ass up and down the field, and afterwards i do hope you come back. BUT like we have seen SO MANY times before you will not return like a man and admit that the texans are now king and your patriots are our little Bitches.

Good Day SIR !!!

I would be willing to put some serious money on never seeing him again if the Pats lose. And I don't ever bet.

Grams
12-10-2012, 06:43 AM

Pats by no less than 20.

You heard it here.

I am from the New England area and remember Pat's fans having a bit more class than this.

Win, lose or tie I want to see a good game with no serious injuries - to either team, but

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:logo::texan::gotexans1:gotexans1

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 06:46 AM
I would be willing to put some serious money on never seeing him again if the Pats lose. And I don't ever bet.

In my younger more immature days, before the "cough cough" joy of children and a "cough cough" wonderful wife :) i used to go to opposing message boards and talk crap, and it was when we sucked. And you can bet i never went back to eat my crow, of course for the most part i knew we'd lose it was just fun to get them sturred up.

Now that i am a mature adult :tiphat: i rarely ever go to other boards and create an account, i do skim opposing boards to see whta they are saying about the Almighty Texans.

This young Lad will learn <(trying to sound educated there), Hopefully. Although i have noticed that it is taking younger generations a lot longer to "grow up" than i did our the generations before me. All these 22-30 year olds still acting like a bunch of teenage brats.

TheMatrix31
12-10-2012, 06:46 AM
I am from the New England area and remember Pat's fans having a bit more class than this.

When did you move? Things have changed.

Boston sports fans are insufferable.

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 06:48 AM

3 superbowls will change you almost like 3 shots of whiskey will change you. It happens.

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 06:51 AM

Gronked, you started this.

I hope you understand that we're all just talking schitz. We do respect the Patriots. But we're not giving them anything & the Texans aren't giving them anything either.

The Patriots are going to have to earn it tonight.

Malloy
12-10-2012, 06:54 AM
To OP, we'll see, it could go either way honestly. No stupid mistakes are allowed in this game, that's both from players and coaches.

I hope that Kubiak never lets the foot off the gas, it could be a possible shootout and we need to score on every posession.

I'm nervous as hell, but hey, that's what makes the game so great (and my blood pressure so high) :)

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 06:59 AM
BTW how in the hell do we get off the bandwagon when we are the Mother Fing bandwagon ????

GlassHalfFull
12-10-2012, 07:01 AM

It was too late for good conversation the second you hit the submit thread button.

gtexan02
12-10-2012, 07:10 AM

Win, lose or tie I want to see a good game with no serious injuries - to either team, but

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:logo::texan::gotexans1:gotexans1

Man, you guys have some thin skin. Smack talk fuels sports rivalries. I'd love to develop a rivalry with new england like Indy had with them a few years back. When guys like this start coming on it just means you're finally good.

Anyway, to Gronked, I say bring it on. Interesting who you chose as your nickname considering your boy isn't even man enough to suit up tonight. Maybe he should've spent less time doing Dunkin' Donut commercials and more time in phys therapy and you guys would have a better chance tonight.

I've been listening to the broadcasts on the local news up here. Pats players are not nearly as confident as you are. Neither is Bellichek.

NitroGSXR
12-10-2012, 07:17 AM
This is the second guy who's complained that it took a week to get approved. I'm curious why so long? I really really love it when opposing fans come here to talk football. It looks like we may have missed out on a fair amount of smack.

SCOTTexans
12-10-2012, 07:18 AM

Cardinals defense made tom brady look like Mark Sanchez.... The Difference is we still win after...

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Man, you guys have some thin skin. Smack talk fuels sports rivalries. I'd love to develop a rivalry with new england like Indy had with them a few years back. When guys like this start coming on it just means you're finally good.

Don't really need smack talk. We just need to stay at the top of the division & spank that a$s every year.

That'll fuel the rivalry.

Señor Stan
12-10-2012, 07:22 AM

Gronkorrhea...

TimeKiller
12-10-2012, 07:25 AM
If only we had as much firepower as the Cardinals, Ravens or Seahawks!!!

You know, that may have been a highly visible ass kicking but at least everyone knows our shame. We don't have to pretend like 3 suck ass teams didn't beat us. ONE really pretty freaking fantastic team beat us.

Oh and today, Rodgers > Brady. While we're at that, Watt > Wilfork. Andre the Giant, Arian Foster > Anything on the Patriots not named Brady.

The least you could do is act like you're aware that this game is going to be a barn burner and we're at your barn.

Playoffs
12-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Get out of the tub, Gronk!

Thorn
12-10-2012, 07:38 AM
This is the second guy who's complained that it took a week to get approved. I'm curious why so long? I really really love it when opposing fans come here to talk football. It looks like we may have missed out on a fair amount of smack.

I never did hear back from some new england BBS I applied at. I'm not going to worry about it now.

GRONKED
12-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Lol at arod or anyone active vs brady. 3 sbs...5 sb appearances...2 mvps...maybe another this year...gtfo. brady is the best in the game today (I believe arod was quoted saying that himself.

Gtexan...dont u worry. This screenname wil be very relevant comme playoffs.

I promise ill be back tonight to lol @ the panic on this forum. I see it now..."dont panic guys it was just an off day itll be different in the playoffs @ reliant. If you pull the miracle ill admit youre probably sb bound.

Wont happen tho. Belichick will make sure arian doesnt beat us.and schaubll have a good day...but wont keep up.

Trail.Blazr
12-10-2012, 07:58 AM
3 sbs...5 sb appearances...2 mvps...maybe another this year...gtfo. brady is the best in the game today

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/220/3/a/animated_16__3_by_tooot-d45xz8o.gif

Hardcore Texan
12-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Damn, for a minute the OP sounded like one of our fans.

I don't even know why the team got on the plane, we don't even stand a chance straight from the experts at ESPN and esteemed MB posters such as Gronked.

Guess I'll tune it anyway and catch some of the game, bandwagon style....lol

aussie_texan
12-10-2012, 08:01 AM
lol at arod or anyone active vs brady. 3 sbs...5 sb appearances...2 mvps...maybe another this year...gtfo. Brady is the best in the game today (i believe arod was quoted saying that himself.

I promise ill be back tonight to lol @ the panic on this forum. I see it now..."dont panic guys it was just an off day itll be different in the playoffs @ reliant. If you pull the miracle ill admit youre probably sb bound.

Wont happen tho. Belichick will make sure arian doesnt beat us.and schaubll have a good day...but wont keep up.

my god i cant wait to beat you guys !!!!!!!!!!!! Im going to love it!!!!!! Go texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NitroGSXR
12-10-2012, 08:02 AM
GRONKED!

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2012/09000d5d82ba72d9_gallery_600.jpg

BigBull17
12-10-2012, 08:17 AM
IF the game is a blow out, the Battle Red Bunch is gonna be the winner. I think it'll be a close game, and be the best game of the year. My winner is a coin flip. We'll still get HFA and you wont beat the Texans in Reliant in the play offs.

Lol at arod or anyone active vs brady. 3 sbs...5 sb appearances...2 mvps...maybe another this year...gtfo. brady is the best in the game today (I believe arod was quoted saying that himself.

Oh, and do the math, how many SB have the Pats won since they had to pay Brady? When a HoF qb isnt being paid cracker jacks its tougher for Belicheck to build a champ.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I don't think the original poster speaks for all of us. I have some concerns about our secondary and the ability to stop Johnson and Schaub specifically. We have not been able to stop fast, large wideouts, and I see nothing to make me think it will start tonight. The only thing that makes me think we can win this is the fact that if it turns into a track meet, the odds switch and favor Brady and his cast.

We are pretty beat up offensively. Gronk and Edelman are out. Welker will likely have a huge game against your nickel back, but that just cancels out any production by Johnson. I am confident in Spikes ability to least slow Foster, but you guys have Watt, and he's a linebacking god.

Should be a very good, even matchup. I really don't see a blowout on our part. You guys could definitely blow us out, as our secondary has been suspect. If the Pats D is anything close to championship mettle, than we have to stop either Johnson or Foster. If we don't, then none of the trash talk in the world is going to matter.

I expect to see you guys again in January, anyway. Good luck and enjoy the game tonight.

buddyboy
12-10-2012, 08:24 AM

If we lose, there shouldn't be any panic.

As obnoxiously as you've stated it, it's true: the Patriots are an extremely good team. They're at home, they're in the spotlight and are used to excelling in that setting.

If the Texans lose, it's not time to overreact, just like the Packers game. We've already shown we have the talent to beat any team in the league. Just like the Patriots. Win or lose, this game (as big as it may be) is not the end-all.

Texan_Bill
12-10-2012, 08:30 AM
I don't think the original poster speaks for all of us. I have some concerns about our secondary and the ability to stop Johnson and Schaub specifically. We have not been able to stop fast, large wideouts, and I see nothing to make me think it will start tonight. The only thing that makes me think we can win this is the fact that if it turns into a track meet, the odds switch and favor Brady and his cast.

We are pretty beat up offensively. Gronk and Edelman are out. Welker will likely have a huge game against your nickel back, but that just cancels out any production by Johnson. I am confident in Spikes ability to least slow Foster, but you guys have Watt, and he's a linebacking god.

Should be a very good, even matchup. I really don't see a blowout on our part. You guys could definitely blow us out, as our secondary has been suspect. If the Pats D is anything close to championship mettle, than we have to stop either Johnson or Foster. If we don't, then none of the trash talk in the world is going to matter.

I expect to see you guys again in January, anyway. Good luck and enjoy the game tonight.

Welcome aboard Steve. Great post but I would add to the bolded (and I know it goes without saying), NO INJURIES!

76Texan
12-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Haha thanks for the welcome!

Good football talk eh?

Norg, Bradys an awesome poor weather qb. Pretty well documented...many qbs struggle in it, he excells.

GP..falcons have a cute record too. This January, do you take them over the established, championship calibre giants or pack?

Coaching experience?

Read these posts and weep:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2074605#post2074605

Both Kubiak and Phillips have had winning record against BB-coached teams.

GP
12-10-2012, 08:36 AM

Thank you for nullifying the posts made by Gronked.

Hoping you guys (and is too) escape with no injuries. I'd settle for this game being the ice breaker for the AFCC game. Let's get to know one another now, then let's beat da hell outta one another in the AFCC game.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 08:39 AM

Welcome to the board.

I think we have the guys to stay with Welker and Woodhead; hopefully we'll keep them under their average.

BrainTrust66
12-10-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't think the original poster speaks for all of us.

I add to that - the original poster DEFINITELY does not speak for all of us. I can almost guarantee you that I have been a Pats fan since before he was born (1976, for the record) so I believe that I better credentials.

Heck, I even remember the Oilers of the 70's very well. Earl Campbell is one of my all-time favorite non-Pats. Bum, Dan Pastorini, Lu Ya Blue...all that stuff.

First off - good luck to you guys tonight. We live for these games - playoffs before the playoffs - and in the past decade+ we've been lucky to have a bunch of games like this. It doesn't make them any less exciting for me. Believe me, I've lived through a good chunk of the "Pre-Brady" years and I know (unlike some of these youngsters) not to take this for granted.

Pats will need their "A" game to win tonight. They are -36-3 in the month of December since 2003, but none of that matters with a team as balanced as the Texans coming into town. If NE is to win tonight they have to make you guys kick field goals a few times. I have no doubt you will be able to move the ball. Everyone moves the ball against us for at least some part of the game. The key to beating the Pats lies in the red zone and, in general, hanging onto the ball. When they are at their best, they make the other team go on long drives and hope that they screw up at some point. Most times, the other team obliges.

11 hours to go...

coltfan123
12-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Really?

ya i hope texans lose,but i can smell a homer a mile away. texans may not have the rigns but this year they have a really physical defense and a offense thats hard to read. You can bash the texans for going in overtime but they won....you lost to a cardinals team that got shut out by 58 points to the seahawks lol

honestly i fear the texans more then the patriots this year..

76Texan
12-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I add to that - the original poster DEFINITELY does not speak for all of us. I can almost guarantee you that I have been a Pats fan since before he was born (1976, for the record) so I believe that I better credentials.

Heck, I even remember the Oilers of the 70's very well. Earl Campbell is one of my all-time favorite non-Pats. Bum, Dan Pastorini, Lu Ya Blue...all that stuff.

First off - good luck to you guys tonight. We live for these games - playoffs before the playoffs - and in the past decade+ we've been lucky to have a bunch of games like this. It doesn't make them any less exciting for me. Believe me, I've lived through a good chunk of the "Pre-Brady" years and I know (unlike some of these youngsters) not to take this for granted.

Pats will need their "A" game to win tonight. They are -36-3 in the month of December since 2003, but none of that matters with a team as balanced as the Texans coming into town. If NE is to win tonight they have to make you guys kick field goals a few times. I have no doubt you will be able to move the ball. Everyone moves the ball against us for at least some part of the game. The key to beating the Pats lies in the red zone and, in general, hanging onto the ball. When they are at their best, they make the other team go on long drives and hope that they screw up at some point. Most times, the other team obliges.

11 hours to go...

Welcome to the board.
Some of us have been to the Pats board; we can see the overall picture.
I don't mind the young Mr. Gronked at all; a little smack is all good.

The Texans hang on to the football pretty well.
We need to keep on doing that; the team with fewer mistakes stands a good chance of winning a game like this.

Trail.Blazr
12-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the board.

I think we have the guys to stay with Welker and Woodhead; hopefully we'll keep them under their average.

no doubt! Welker is a beast.. I "HOPE" we have the guys to stay with him.

This game is so hard to pick a favorite based on matchups. "If" Houston can get the ground game working early, it's the best scenario for Houston's chances of a W. Control the clock; keep the crowd out of it; DON"T turn the ball over.

Much respect for NE and in their house, this one is hard to pick Houston, BUT, we are not talking David and Goliath, as GRONKED may want to paint the picture as. It will not take a "MIRACLE" to beat NE, but it sure won't be easy to do.

I will HOMER up and predict my ideal scenario..
Houston O puts up a TD per quarter average and a couple of field goals. Almost the same for NE, minus that whoopsie Pick 6 by Manning.

Houston 41
NE 27

coltfan123
12-10-2012, 09:04 AM

It took me week and 3 days..i actualy thought i got denied...

Luv_ya_blue
12-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Weather in the mid 50s @ gametime and 80-90% chance of rain.

Pats make me nervous...but heck, I'm a :texflag: since the beginning so just about EVERYBODY makes me nervous.

Too many variables in this game for me to even take a shot at making a call. For me it's simple: a win @ NE means we're for real! The Packers were for real and we didn't fair too well against them on a big stage. Brady is a beast but definitely has a few chinks in his armor these days.

Heard the report that he was having the practice D use TENNIS RACKETS to get ready for JJ Watt and our guys batting balls down. Good idea BUT, it could jack with his release point and/or his touch on the ball. If the weather is as funky as they say, that could be a MAJOR FACTOR in the game. If he can't handle the ball the same because of making adjustments it could mean a big game for our secondary -OR- if he goes back to his normal throwing patterns it could mean a big game for our guys up front. JJ is gonna get his, and if he gets his early and ANYBODY ELSE on the D-line has a game...it could be trouble for the Pats.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 09:18 AM
no doubt! Welker is a beast.. I "HOPE" we have the guys to stay with him.

This game is so hard to pick a favorite based on matchups. "If" Houston can get the ground game working early, it's the best scenario for Houston's chances of a W. Control the clock; keep the crowd out of it; DON"T turn the ball over.

Much respect for NE and in their house, this one is hard to pick Houston, BUT, we are not talking David and Goliath, as GRONKED may want to paint the picture as. It will not take a "MIRACLE" to beat NE, but it sure won't be easy to do.

I will HOMER up and predict my ideal scenario..
Houston O puts up a TD per quarter average and a couple of field goals. Almost the same for NE, minus that whoopsie Pick 6 by Manning.

Houston 41
NE 27

Much respect, and then you're dropping 41 on us? :slapfight:

I see it if you guys can slow down the game with Foster, then it goes your way. If Brady moves up and down the field with Welker and Hernandez, with Ridley in the red zone, then it leans our way.

You guys have a CB with a hammy problem? Lloyd may be a factor. Brady will definitely look for the open guy, and not a favorite guy.

BrainTrust66
12-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the board.
Some of us have been to the Pats board; we can see the overall picture.
I don't mind the young Mr. Gronked at all; a little smack is all good.

True, but part of the reason I signed up for this site is because the posters seemed, for the most part reasonable. I also think I may need this ID again sometime deep in the playoffs...

As for smack talk, try going on Gang Green (the Jets site) sometime if you've not already. It's a ship of fools with just a few exceptions.

The overall strategy tonight for the Pats will be interesting. Not sure if they will try to run it up in there against your base (word on the street has it that they can run against the Texan's nickel).

On the defensive side, I'm guessing that Belichick wants to take away Foster as much as possible. Easier said than done, of course. Talib will most like get Andre - tough matchup for Talib but there's a very short list of corners who can cover him. Talib won't be on an island - and safety play which was horrendous earlier in the year has gotten a little better with McCourty back there.

Texans are the best test of the season so far for NE. This time a year (for me) it's all about measuring whether or not my team has Super Bowl credentials or not. I think we'll know a lot more about that before midnight ET.

Everlong
12-10-2012, 09:23 AM

Pats by no less than 20.

You heard it here.

Come on man the Texans fans have come to the Pats boards and been nothing but respectful. There's no need to troll. They could easily point out it being no blip losing to the now 4-9 Cardinals. Every team has a bad game.

Hervoyel
12-10-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm not particularly worried about this game. If we win that's great but nobody will think it means anything outside of Houston. Of course the Pats are capable of beating us. We're capable of beating them. More than likely they beat us up there but it's not a foregone conclusion. What's really important is that we win 3 of the next 4 and get home field advantage through the playoffs. Then we take care of business at our house.

I'm torn between wanting this game to be one of those 3 out of 4 or not. New England does not lose often after December 1st and it would seem like a lot to ask from the football gods to win in Foxboro and then beat them again in the playoffs. If that happened then it would be indicative of a major shift in their fortunes I think and I've seen nothing to make me believe that that has happened.

Still, this guy's a fool who must have gotten lost on his way to /sp/ on 4chan. These other Patriots fans are much more like the people I've encountered. Nothing but respect for the Patriots, I'll admit it "They're who we all want to be". I want my team to rip off a run like they have since Brady got there and they're a brilliant franchise when it comes to player management. They know when to pick them up, when to ditch them, and they draft as well as anybody ever has. My hat's off to them but I'm not going to concede anything. The Texans can beat them. They just need to take care of their business and not make mistakes. We need big games out of several people to pull this off but we can do it.

The Green Bay game was a fluke. This game has nothing to do with that one and hopefully even if we don't win tonight we put that myth to rest for good.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Come on man the Texans fans have come to the Pats boards and been nothing but respectful. There's no need to troll. They could easily point out it being no blip losing to the now 4-9 Cardinals. Every team has a bad game.

yes, I agree. You guys have been very respectful over on our boards.

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 09:38 AM
yes, I agree. You guys have been very respectful over on our boards.

I'm trying to change that.

GRONKED
12-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Sorry if ive offended anyone, not the intent lol.

Just seems like many of you are on the fence About how this plays out...im just making it clear that I am not. I am confident we run away w it.

Do I know? No, neither do you...or belichick or kubiak for that matter.

Im just saying dont be surprised when we light em up like a christmas tree.

On that note, happy holidays everyone!

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Just seems like many of you are on the fence About how this plays out...im just making it clear that I am not. I am confident we run away w it.

I liked you better when you were being a butt.

Being on the fence... that's just respect for your team.

Though I respect the Pats & their winning ways, but I know for a fact there won't be no lighting up on our defense, unless it is us doing the lighting. They will keep Brady in the pocket & that pocket is going to get small, fast. Brady is going to be frustrated to the likes you ain't never seen.

My only fear is that we don't put the game away early. If we let you hang around & it comes down to a forth Qtr stand, I don't like our chances.

Trail.Blazr
12-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Much respect, and then you're dropping 41 on us? :slapfight:

I see it if you guys can slow down the game with Foster, then it goes your way. If Brady moves up and down the field with Welker and Hernandez, with Ridley in the red zone, then it leans our way.

You guys have a CB with a hammy problem? Lloyd may be a factor. Brady will definitely look for the open guy, and not a favorite guy.

Well, I did preface the prediction with me Homering :homer:
What else can I do? :) To be sure, I'm teetering on hopeful/optimistic.

JoJo is a wildcard, I'll concede that concern, but I trust that JoJo won't be out there if he's a liability. This week won't be the first game of the season that Houston has to cover the #1 passing attack in the NFL without Joseph and we stayed in that game.

GP
12-10-2012, 09:58 AM

"On the fence" means we respect your team. Duh.

It doesn't mean we doubt our own players. Double duh.

You just wanted to reel off some smack talk, don't go apologizing for it now. If there's anything I can't stand it's someone who slaps me in my face and then shrugs and tells me "I was only kidding!"

Dutchrudder
12-10-2012, 09:59 AM

Alright Mr. Pats Superfan. Would you care to tell us why your "GOAT" only put up a 74 QB rating against the 25th ranked passing defense last week? Why didn't your Pats run away with that one?

houstonspartan
12-10-2012, 10:02 AM
I went to a game at Gillette several years ago. (Froze my butt off. LOL.) The Pat's fans I encountered were cool peeps. The OP is a nozzle.

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 10:06 AM
You just wanted to reel off some smack talk, don't go apologizing for it now. If there's anything I can't stand it's someone who slaps me in my face and then shrugs and tells me "I was only kidding!"

Yeah, like that's going to stop me from kicking him in the gnads.

:lol:

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Well, I did preface the prediction with me Homering :homer:
What else can I do? :) To be sure, I'm teetering on hopeful/optimistic.

JoJo is a wildcard, I'll concede that concern, but I trust that JoJo won't be out there if he's a liability. This week won't be the first game of the season that Houston has to cover the #1 passing attack in the NFL without Joseph and we stayed in that game.

In my mind, Brady's going to light up any injured/suspect DB's you guys have, regardless of which receiver he uses. The question to me is whether or not the Pats D can stop your offense. I think the Pats opportunistic D wins the turnover battle and makes just enough plays, assuming that Shaub tries to match Brady throwing the ball.

If the Pats D cant stop Foster, you guys win a 17-14 kind of game, dominating time of possession.

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
I think the Pats opportunistic D wins the turnover battle and makes just enough plays, assuming that Shaub tries to match Brady throwing the ball.

That's the same thing the Bears thought & we didn't give the ball up once.

That turnover thing only works when you're playing the Jests, not teams that take care of the ball.

mussop
12-10-2012, 10:19 AM
We'll see if you are man enough to come back here and eat crow if your team looses. Judging by your opening post I doubt it. I have to say I don't see us winning this game either. Mainly because of our secondary being so banged up and the fact that we are playing away. I have to say I'm proud of the way this team has found ways to win hard fought close games. In the past they loose most of those type games.

If we do win this game I know I will be a beleiver. C'mon Phillips send the house. It's time for you to unleash Mercilous. :kingkong:

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 10:19 AM
That's the same thing the Bears thought & we didn't give the ball up once.

That turnover thing only works when you're playing the Jests, not teams that take care of the ball.

Granted, you guys are not the Jets, but we didn't get to +17 on just them, either.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 10:29 AM
True, but part of the reason I signed up for this site is because the posters seemed, for the most part reasonable. I also think I may need this ID again sometime deep in the playoffs...

As for smack talk, try going on Gang Green (the Jets site) sometime if you've not already. It's a ship of fools with just a few exceptions.

The overall strategy tonight for the Pats will be interesting. Not sure if they will try to run it up in there against your base (word on the street has it that they can run against the Texan's nickel).

On the defensive side, I'm guessing that Belichick wants to take away Foster as much as possible. Easier said than done, of course. Talib will most like get Andre - tough matchup for Talib but there's a very short list of corners who can cover him. Talib won't be on an island - and safety play which was horrendous earlier in the year has gotten a little better with McCourty back there.

Texans are the best test of the season so far for NE. This time a year (for me) it's all about measuring whether or not my team has Super Bowl credentials or not. I think we'll know a lot more about that before midnight ET.

When I was on the Patriots board, I stated in one post that I agree your fans "have the right" to "slap" at several Gang Green members.
The Texans played the Jets quite a few times since Kubiak arrived in Houston, so I've been there several times.
There are several "suspected" characters over there.

I and a few others had posted that running against our nickel is fool gold.

A big portion of those yards came from the first game against the Titans.
They were down by a gazillion points in the second half, but they kept running.
We would let them run from their own end zone to past midfield, and then we cut them off, LOL!

There were also a few runs here and there in the fourth quarter of different games that we were willing to give up to trade for time.

There were some draw plays or QB scrambles; usually in passing situation.

Sometimes, a mobile QB was forced to scramble; I don't think Brady can be listed as such. He's not that young anymore.

Think of it this way.
The Packers had a big lead on us.
They started running with a 2-back formation, which became prevalent in the fourth quarter.
If they thought they can do a good job running at our nickel, they wouldn't be lining up in that personnel in the fourth quarter.

gwallaia
12-10-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm ready for this game to be played. All the pre-game analysis and expert opinions on TV has me worn out.

Everlong
12-10-2012, 10:33 AM
The turnovers for these teams isn't that different.

Pats 9 given, 33 taken
Tex 12 given, 26 taken

So both teams average a turnover or less per game and take it away 2-2.5 times a game. Likely this holds up and we see a turnover each. If one team coughs it up more than that they're losing.

Everlong
12-10-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm ready for this game to be played. All the pre-game analysis and expert opinions on TV has me worn out.

Amen. I said last Monday the worst part of this game is when it's being played. That extra day just drags.

Dutchrudder
12-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Granted, you guys are not the Jets, but we didn't get to +17 on just them, either.

Nope, you got to +5 on them and +7 on the Bills. 16 of your team's 33 takeaways came from the 4 games against the Bills and Jets.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 10:46 AM
BTW, a note to our visitors, Blazing Arrow's thread is in Memoriam of the late Titans poster with that SN.

He used to frequent our site A LOT before he passed away.
He brought with him a lot of good football talk, and some very good smacks as well.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Nope, you got to +5 on them and +7 on the Bills. 16 of your team's 33 takeaways came from the 4 games against the Bills and Jets.

...and you guys have had 13 against Tennesee and Miami. Good teams feast on weak ones.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
BTW, a note to our visitors, Blazing Arrow's thread is in Memoriam of the late Titans poster with that SN.

He brought with him a lot of good football talk, and some very good smacks as well.

hey, that's a nice tribute.

Double Barrel
12-10-2012, 11:24 AM

Yeah, I kinda' miss that dude...mainly because the Texans are 11-1 and we never got to rub his smug little nose in it. :shades:

Tonight's game is one of those that has me feeling nervous. I've got tremendous respect for the Patriots organization, and while I don't have a "second favorite team", the Patriots are the team that I have followed and rooted for as the anti-Colts for the past decade. Anything that balanced out Peyton Manning's dominance was a good thing, and Brady/Belichick/Patriots were that counter-balance for a long time.

I really want this year to be a "changing of the guard", so to speak. The Patriots have been the franchise of the past decade, much like the Cowboys in the '90's, 49ers in the '80's, and Steelers in the '70's. And while I respect them and consider Brady to be #2 behind Montana, I also feel like the time has come for other teams to start building dominance for the next decade.

Can the Texans be that team? Obviously I hope so. Will they be that team? I'm not a fortune teller and cannot say for sure. I'm nervous as a Texans fan, filled with excitement to finally have a great team after a decade of mediocrity and futility, but also plagued with the curse of Houston's pro football past. Will the 2012 Texans finally put that past to rest and establish a new era, a new standard to be followed by future Houston teams? Or, will they continue the curse that has haunted this city for decades...

Tonight does not answer those questions. Win or lose, it's only one regular season game. But, it can give us some insight to the team and how they might perform in the post-season. Put up a hard fight, and win or lose, we can be proud. Wither and gasp for air like they did against the Packers, and I cannot help but feel a little worried about January 2013. JMO

GO TEXANS!! :texflag:

Honoring Earl 34
12-10-2012, 11:26 AM
How are the Pats guards and center ? That's where you pressure Brady .

Texans 194
Pats 3 :hurrah:

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/skirt.htm

DBCooper
12-10-2012, 11:33 AM
I smell some butt-hurt in chowda land when the Texans win!!!

Everlong
12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
How are the Pats guards and center ? That's where you pressure Brady .

Mankins is supposed to play and had missed a handful of games. Dan Connolly the other guard has been banged up and in and out. Ryan Wendell the center is solid. The interior of the line is best described as the whole being better than the sum of it's parts. I know Mankins is a pro bowler but where he was once underrated it's flipped and he gets the pro bowls and all pro teams on reputation. The key is these guys are very good as a unit. On the occasions they don't play well its because of a very athletic defender who beats the combo block an doesn't allow them to get to the second level in the running game and pushes the pocket in the passing game.

This is a very big match-up for the success of both teams. It will be interesting to see what wrinkles both sides come up with to try and tip the scales.

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Tonight's game is one of those that has me feeling nervous. I've got tremendous respect for the Patriots organization, and while I don't have a "second favorite team", the Patriots are the team that I have followed and rooted for as the anti-Colts for the past decade.

There's nothing to be nervous about DB, take a cue from the great Pats fans that have come to visit. It's just a game, win or lose... it's just part of the process.

They won't look into it any more than an L on their record if they lose & look forward to the rematch.

We should be the same way. This game is hyped because they are who they are & we are who we are.

Nobody thought we would be undefeated this season. No one thought we'd be 11-1 at this point. & no one thought we'd finish the season 14-2.

We circled a few games on our calendar before the season started. This was one of them. They weren't must wins, they weren't should wins. They were, "it would be nice to win some of them."

Well we've won most of them. This is the last one. If we win, great. If we lose... we'll get them next time.

:texflag:

Honoring Earl 34
12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Mankins is supposed to play and had missed a handful of games. Dan Connolly the other guard has been banged up and in and out. Ryan Wendell the center is solid. The interior of the line is best described as the whole being better than the sum of it's parts. I know Mankins is a pro bowler but where he was once underrated it's flipped and he gets the pro bowls and all pro teams on reputation. The key is these guys are very good as a unit. On the occasions they don't play well its because of a very athletic defender who beats the combo block an doesn't allow them to get to the second level in the running game and pushes the pocket in the passing game.

This is a very big match-up for the success of both teams. It will be interesting to see what wrinkles both sides come up with to try and tip the scales.

JJ Watt and Antonio Smith are both pretty good on stunts coming up the gut . Earl Mitchel is quick up the field at NG .

Trap_Star
12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
lol you guys are so easy to hook.

Specnatz
12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah, like that's going to stop me from kicking him in the gnads.

:lol:

Hey no gnads hitting we have had enough of that for one year.

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Hey no gnads hitting we have had enough of that for one year.

It was an accident.

Honest. :boogereater:

Everlong
12-10-2012, 12:35 PM
JJ Watt and Antonio Smith are both pretty good on stunts coming up the gut . Earl Mitchel is quick up the field at NG .

They'll be a handful for sure. I'm really interested in seeing Vollmer vs Watt. Vollmer is really underrated and unknown for the most part nationally. He has had back issues so I'm hoping he's relitively healthy. He's held guys like Robert Mathis and Mario Williams down without help. Watt is playing at a different level than those guys so this will be a great matchup.

I think they'll try to slow them down with some traps and draws and who's excutes will go a long way to deciding who wins.

Inside I'm interested to see what type of delayed blitzes Phillips sends. The Pats are very good at picking up the blitz so I expect him to send some delayed blitzes and vary what position they're coming from.

Lurvinator11
12-10-2012, 12:36 PM
It took me week and 3 days..i actualy thought i got denied...

Yeah it does take a while. I remember when I signed up, I put my request in after the first game last season, and didn't get accepted until a day before the Dolphins game. I had a lot to say about that game too! Oh well.

Errant Hothy
12-10-2012, 12:39 PM
We've been GRONKED!

And that why you always put a raincoat on your jimmy before "interacting" with porn stars.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I kinda' miss that dude...mainly because the Texans are 11-1 and we never got to rub his smug little nose in it. :shades:

Tonight's game is one of those that has me feeling nervous. I've got tremendous respect for the Patriots organization, and while I don't have a "second favorite team", the Patriots are the team that I have followed and rooted for as the anti-Colts for the past decade. Anything that balanced out Peyton Manning's dominance was a good thing, and Brady/Belichick/Patriots were that counter-balance for a long time.

I really want this year to be a "changing of the guard", so to speak. The Patriots have been the franchise of the past decade, much like the Cowboys in the '90's, 49ers in the '80's, and Steelers in the '70's. And while I respect them and consider Brady to be #2 behind Montana, I also feel like the time has come for other teams to start building dominance for the next decade.

Can the Texans be that team? Obviously I hope so. Will they be that team? I'm not a fortune teller and cannot say for sure. I'm nervous as a Texans fan, filled with excitement to finally have a great team after a decade of mediocrity and futility, but also plagued with the curse of Houston's pro football past. Will the 2012 Texans finally put that past to rest and establish a new era, a new standard to be followed by future Houston teams? Or, will they continue the curse that has haunted this city for decades...

Tonight does not answer those questions. Win or lose, it's only one regular season game. But, it can give us some insight to the team and how they might perform in the post-season. Put up a hard fight, and win or lose, we can be proud. Wither and gasp for air like they did against the Packers, and I cannot help but feel a little worried about January 2013. JMO

GO TEXANS!! :texflag:
:clap:

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 01:19 PM

Pats by no less than 20.

You heard it here.

:headhurts: Who is this ass-whole?

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Really?

Bears win gets no respect...no Jay Cutler. Your o was awful. Bring that mediocre o to Foxboro, watch what happens.

:thinking: Really...no Jay Cutler...you're right. Our defense was utterly pathetic against...NO WAIT...Cutler got KNOCKED THE VUGG OUT in the first quarter! I'm sorry...You were saying? Please continue.

badboy
12-10-2012, 01:25 PM

Pats by no less than 20.

You heard it here.

Gl texans! (Mnf? Bright lights? In Foxboro? Vs g.o.a.t? Youll need itWin or lose, I will be here Tuesday. Will you?

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 01:27 PM

:thinking: I believe a thread WAS started to inquire as to where the "bandwagon" types were coming from last year. I believe the person who started it was, intelligent, charming, witty and good looking too...

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Curran-Texans-turn-at-trying-to-roll-wit?blockID=811909&feedID=3352

You guys might like that. Curran is a bit of a Pats homer, but he balances out guys like Shaughnessy and Borges.

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Wont happen tho. Belichick will make sure Arian doesnt beat us.and schaubll have a good day...but wont keep up.

:popcorn: Who's covering Andre Johnson? The entire team isn't Arian Foster and J.J. Watt. Your people DID remember to pay off the officials I assume?

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 01:35 PM

...I like THIS guy. Welcome to the board dude.

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 01:36 PM
http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Curran-Texans-turn-at-trying-to-roll-wit?blockID=811909&feedID=3352

You guys might like that. Curran is a bit of a Pats homer, but he balances out guys like Shaughnessy and Borges.

I don't think I like this guy.

Now here come the Texans in their letterman jackets understanding EXACTLY what they’re up against. Why would they bill this as the biggest game in franchise history when they played two playoff games last year? Because they played those playoff games with third-string quarterback T.J. Yates as their starter. That wasn’t the Texans. It was a team trying valiantly but vainly to survive when it knew it was ultimately doomed.

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't think I like this guy.

I can't be mad at the man for loving and supporting his team. He's not being disrespectful. Hell I LOATHE Tom Brady and did a little happy dance when Pittsburgh played the Patriots and Troy Polamalu laid Wes Welker OUT in the last 2 mins of the game. He's in here supporting his team and unlike Gronk he's not being a tool about it. I've no issue with the man.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 01:55 PM
...I like THIS guy. Welcome to the board dude.

Thanks man. I lurked around before I decided to join. I wasn't about to jump in with a bunch of smack talkers. Intelligent football talk...I am a player for that. A little smack is fun, but back it up. Otherwise it's like being on a Jests board. It just turns into "eff you" pretty quick.

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks man. I lurked around before I decided to join. I wasn't about to jump in with a bunch of smack talkers. Intelligent football talk...I am a player for that. A little smack is fun, but back it up. Otherwise it's like being on a Jests board. It just turns into "eff you" pretty quick.

Actually the "F-you" section in here is called the "No Spin Zone". :dread:

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I can't be mad at the man for loving and supporting his team. He's not being disrespectful. Hell I LOATHE Tom Brady and did a little happy dance when Pittsburgh played the Patriots and Troy Polamalu laid Wes Welker OUT in the last 2 mins of the game. He's in here supporting his team and unlike Gronk he's not being a tool about it. I've no issue with the man.

I don't like the homer who wrote that article, I have no feeling whatsoever towards the Pats fan that "shared" that jewel with us.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Just leave it to the Dread.

He's got a way of talking :clap:

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Maybe an over load with all the "new" fans the texans have now.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't like the homer who wrote that article, I have no feeling whatsoever towards the Pats fan that "shared" that jewel with us.

i certainly meant no disrespect.

Everlong
12-10-2012, 02:18 PM

It was Ryan Clark at the start of the 4th quarter and a complete cheap shot. That's like me saying I hate Matt Shaub and was so happy when Slauson cheap shotted Brian Cushing taking him out for the year. While I don't agree with all of Goddell's edicts I think that stuff needs to go.

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Pats fans we are all glad you guys are here to talk football, like i see some of our guys are on yalls board.

We are all Homers for our own team, and we all "well most" think our teams will win. Which we all know only one can win, we play you guys at home, that right there is reason enough for people to doubt us ! Will i be mad if we lose ? No not really, but i EXPECT to win. Like you guys should expect the pats to win.

Its what makes this game great. Any given Sunday/monday/thursday :)

HOU-TEX
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
They'll be a handful for sure. I'm really interested in seeing Vollmer vs Watt. Vollmer is really underrated and unknown for the most part nationally. He has had back issues so I'm hoping he's relitively healthy. He's held guys like Robert Mathis and Mario Williams down without help. Watt is playing at a different level than those guys so this will be a great matchup.

I think they'll try to slow them down with some traps and draws and who's excutes will go a long way to deciding who wins.

Inside I'm interested to see what type of delayed blitzes Phillips sends. The Pats are very good at picking up the blitz so I expect him to send some delayed blitzes and vary what position they're coming from.

Yup, we used to see a lot of Vollmer around these parts. He's not really underrated to me and several others around here. Dude can play!

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Yup, we used to see a lot of Vollmer around these parts. He's not really underrated to me and several others around here. Dude can play!

I don't think anyone can stop Watt. Dude's a beast.

Everlong
12-10-2012, 02:41 PM

Slipped my mind that he went to Houston. Most weeks he's eye opening to opposing fans but you guys have the advanced scouting on this one.

76Texan

You probably know that Vollmer is my homie; but Watt would be a challenge for him even without a bad back.

Personally, I thought Watt will be a great player out of college (ie. he impressed me a whole lot) and I am still blown away by the things he's been doing.

HOU-TEX

Maybe not, but I know one thing that did, or at least slowed him. The weather and field conditions in the Chicago game. Unfortunately, there will be similar conditions this evening.

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
It was Ryan Clark at the start of the 4th quarter and a complete cheap shot. That's like me saying I hate Matt Shaub and was so happy when Slauson cheap shotted Brian Cushing taking him out for the year. While I don't agree with all of Goddell's edicts I think that stuff needs to go.

it was a legal hit and there were no flags or fines assessed. A few minutes later Welker was right as rain. Getting your bell rung is part of the game. Hating Tom Brady?

AFC Championship game v. Raiders. Man gets hit and ball pops loose. His arm WAS NOT moving forward. He got hit and FUMBLED. Refs gave him a HUGE GIFT which wound up sending your team to the superbowl and even BRADY acknowledged that when he saw the Raiders a week after the Superbowl at the pro bowl.

Video Scandal. Belechick gets busted having assistant coaches TAPE opposing teams DURING GAMES and gets a fine and a slap on the wrist where any OTHER coach would have been suspended or even banned from football. The year after said scandal when the Pats had their "perfect season" many of us who just plain don't like them were pulling for them to beat the Giants if ONLY to get the 1972 Dolphins to FINALLY SHUT THE HELL UP...and they couldn't do that in a game that even the GIANTS predicted the Patriots would win.

National Media . Brady's a good QB. He's a compeditor and I respect him, but I still hate the muff-hugga. Those of us who don't live in Boston or anywhere in the Northeast, get sick to our stomachs any time our teams play the Pats only to hear the guys on Sunday/Monday night football, CBS, Fox and ESPN argue over whether Tom Brady's semen taste like sunshine, kittens, puppies, lephrechan farts, unicorn piss or rainbows as they all seem to take his junk out of their mouths just long enough to have the argument. They even do it when the Pats are having a bad season. Tom doesn't have an "S" on his chest. He's not wearing a red cape and having three ways with Lois Lane and Wonder Woman.
He won 3 superbowls and will be in the Hall of fame, but doesn't seem to know the meaning the word "HUMILITY". The one Superbowl they lost he and his wife were pointing fingers at EVERYONE else. Wow...thought this was a team sport.

For the record however, I would rather see Tom Brady and Bill Belecheat win another Superbowl before I EVER WANT TO watch the Dallas Cowb:zipit:ys win another one.

Everlong
12-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Funny a guy on sports radio just called him the Gronk of defense. A guy who's a matchup nightmare both in the passing and running game who teams cannot matchup with. I thought that was very appropriate. Bruschi called him the best defender in the game by far and stating that his numbers coming from a 5 technique is so much more impressive than an end like Aldon Smith or rush linebacker like Ware or Wake.

Everlong
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
it was a legal hit and there were no flags or fines assessed. A few minutes later Welker was right as rain. Getting your bell rung is part of the game.

There was a flag and if it happened today there would be a fine without a doubt. I won't take the bait on the rest of it. I came here to talk football not get into it about all the other junk.

Luv_ya_blue
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM

Maybe not, but I know one thing that did, or at least slowed him. The weather and field conditions in the Chicago game. Unfortunately, there will be similar conditions this evening.

Go back and watch some of the game tape from Chi-town.
Watt was double teamed for a majority of the game and there were 7 plays (iirc) where he was literally TRIPLE teamed.

Weather...yes.
Beast...DEFINITELY!

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Just leave it to the Dread.

He's got a way of talking :clap:

You have to learn to be pretty persuasive when you choose to walk around with a mop growing from your head. Truthfully...I learned it from watching Bill... :dread:

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Funny a guy on sports radio just called him the Gronk of defense. A guy who's a matchup nightmare both in the passing and running game who teams cannot matchup with. I thought that was very appropriate. Bruschi called him the best defender in the game by far and stating that his numbers coming from a 5 technique is so much more impressive than an end like Aldon Smith or rush linebacker like Ware or Wake.

Even though I don't like the Pats...I've always liked Ted Bruschi. How can anyone dislike a guy whose name is pronounced "Brewski"? I don't think it can be done.

HOU-TEX
12-10-2012, 02:59 PM

I forgot that they went with field turf a few years ago, so it might not be much of a concern after all

76Texan
12-10-2012, 03:02 PM
You have to learn to be pretty persuasive when you choose to walk around with a mop growing from your head. Truthfully...I learned it from watching Bill... :dread:

You got it in you, but yeah Bill is a good douche to learn a thing or two from.
He's got a way, too.

I've got a friend at UH; he went for the Barkley's look, he charmed the hell out of our Department, too. In all honesty, the first time I met you, I saw him. He was a little more subdue than you, only due to the time.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 03:06 PM
wow. Here I was thinking you were a cool guy. *sigh* Let's break it down.

AFC Championship game v. Raiders. Man gets hit and ball pops loose. His arm WAS NOT moving forward. He got hit and FUMBLED. Refs gave him a HUGE GIFT which wound up sending your team to the superbowl and even BRADY acknowledged that when he saw the Raiders a week after the Superbowl at the pro bowl.

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Stop crying. It's a crappy rule, but it's the rule.

Video Scandal. Belechick gets busted having assistant coaches TAPE opposing teams DURING GAMES and gets a fine and a slap on the wrist where any OTHER coach would have been suspended or even banned from football. The year after said scandal when the Pats had their "perfect season" many of us who just plain don't like them were pulling for them to beat the Giants if ONLY to get the 1972 Dolphins to FINALLY SHUT THE HELL UP...and they couldn't do that in a game that even the GIANTS predicted the Patriots would win

Did you bring up spygate again? Eric Mangini called out the Pats in 2007, at the start of the 16-0 season. Since then, they've been to 2 Superbowls and gone 73-17, not including playoffs (including all of '07). The only year they didn't go to the playoffs was '08, when they went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. It's safe to say that the videotape is not the reason for the greatness. Even Kraft said The Hoodie was a schmuck for doing it, that (according to BB) it didn't give the Pats a big advantage.

National Media . Brady's a good QB. He's a compeditor and I respect him, but I still hate the muff-hugga. Those of us who don't live in Boston or anywhere in the Northeast, get sick to our stomachs any time our teams play the Pats only to hear the guys on Sunday/Monday night football, CBS, Fox and ESPN argue over whether Tom Brady's semen taste like sunshine, kittens, puppies, lephrechan farts, unicorn piss or rainbows as they all seem to take his junk out of their mouths just long enough to have the argument. They even do it when the Pats are having a bad season. Tom doesn't have an "S" on his chest. He's not wearing a red cape and having three ways with Lois Lane and Wonder Woman. He won 3 superbowls and will be in the Hall of fame, but doesn't seem to know the meaning the word "HUMILITY". The one Superbowl they lost he and his wife were pointing fingers at EVERYONE else. Wow...thought this was a team sport.

GOAT. Get over it. You'll be able to tell your grandkids how much you hated his supermodel banging bask side. Gisele pointed fingers, not TB12. And, speaking of Gisele, for all we know, Brady is wearing a red cape while having three-ways with her and Brigdet Moynahan. I prefer Bridget. (http://www.fanviewpoint.com/2009/01/tom-bradys-women-tale-of-tape.html)

For the record however, I would rather see Tom Brady and Bill Belecheat win another Superbowl before I EVER WANT TO watch the Dallas Cowbys win another one.

We agree.

gwallaia
12-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah, Vollmer was a fan favorite down here when he went to UH. They used to do a game day video promo of Vollmer giving German language lessons on campus. They would choose a word that people would try to pronounce in German.

Dread-Head
12-10-2012, 03:26 PM

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Stop crying. It's a crappy rule, but it's the rule.

I'm aware of the rule...and I've seen that tape 1000 times...his arm didn't move forward until his entire BODY did when he got hit. FUMBLE...

Did you bring up spygate again? Eric Mangini called out the Pats in 2007, at the start of the 16-0 season. Since then, they've been to 2 Superbowls and gone 73-17, not including playoffs (including all of '07). The only year they didn't go to the playoffs was '08, when they went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. It's safe to say that the videotape is not the reason for the greatness. Even Kraft said The Hoodie was a schmuck for doing it, that (according to BB) it didn't give the Pats a [size=7]big/size] advantage.

:thinking: just not a "big" one...good to know. But dude any OTHER coach would have been banned or at least suspended. Shawn Peyton was banned for a season for the whole "bounty" thing.

GOAT. Get over it. You'll be able to tell your grandkids how much you hated his supermodel banging bask side. Gisele pointed fingers, not TB12. And, speaking of Gisele, for all we know, Brady is wearing a red cape while having three-ways with her and Brigdet Moynahan. I prefer Bridget. (http://www.fanviewpoint.com/2009/01/tom-bradys-women-tale-of-tape.html)

We agree.

Bah...just having fun with ya dude...

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 03:38 PM
:thinking: just not a "big" one...good to know. But dude any OTHER coach would have been banned or at least suspended. Shawn Peyton was banned for a season for the whole "bounty" thing.

Goodell is trying to reduce liability for lawsuits. Having a bounty program flies in the face of Goodell's player safety rant. He can't reduce the league's liability if someone is deliberately working against the league and paying players to hurt other players. Do I think he care's about player safety, or the good of the shield? Nope. He's trying to save the league billions in class action.

I disagree on the videotape penalty. Goodell would have gone easier than half a mill and a first rounder on anyone but Belichick. If it was Kubiack, it would have been $50-100k and no pick.

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM

He is a cool guy.

But he's got a PhD in button pushing. Come around when we aren't playing the Pats, you'll fall in love with him.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 07:16 PM
He is a cool guy.

But he's got a PhD in button pushing. Come around when we aren't playing the Pats, you'll fall in love with him.

That's a little homoerotic. I'll likely hang around, anyway.

Texan_Bill
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
I do wanna thank those Pats fans (except the original OP) who participated in our message board and brought great insight and great discussion..

Game on!! Here's to a good game (tipping my cocktail) y'all and no injuries!!!

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 07:43 PM
I do wanna thank those Pats fans (except the original OP) who participated in our message board and brought great insight and great discussion..

Game on!! Here's to a good game (tipping my cocktail) y'all and no injuries!!!
I'll be around.

Texan_Bill
12-10-2012, 07:51 PM
I'll be around.

Actually Steve, there is a more "game relevant" thread going on without so much trolling. I think you may enjoy that one a lot more.

GRONKED
12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Like a christmas tree.

Welcome to Foxboro. Enjoy the show

GRONKED
12-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Reread op plz

Told you so. Rematch in playoff with gronk should be fun...good luck

GRONKED
12-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Like a xmas tree!

gtexan02
12-10-2012, 10:20 PM
We can't say a damned thing in return.
This was an embarrassing effort. I'm embarrassed to have seen it

fiasco west
12-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Reread op plz

Told you so. Rematch in playoff with gronk should be fun...good luck

See you in Houston, will be a different result.

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Like a xmas tree!

Bah.......

gwallaia
12-10-2012, 10:45 PM
With the exception of one immature Pats fan, I enjoyed talking football with the visiting team fans this week.

Showtime100
12-10-2012, 10:49 PM
With the exception of one immature Pats fan, I enjoyed talking football with the visiting team fans this week.

Ditto.

One ounce of credit might be squeezed out since he seemed to tone it down a little after realizing he wasn't on the Jets or Bengals board, but here where the light is on a little brighter than most boards.

steelbtexan
12-11-2012, 07:58 AM
We can't say a damned thing in return.
This was an embarrassing effort. I'm embarrassed to have seen it

Truth hurts

Honoring Earl 34
12-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Truth hurts

For now ... can we only have Titans and Jaguars fans come in and talk trash so we can talk trash back after the game . :kitten:

Everlong
12-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Antonio Smith had a great quote after the game about how the Patriots were all business before the game and how the Texans players all noted how they had that professional been here before feeling about them. Teams need to learn how to play these games and the Texans will. I wouldn't be too down on your guys. I think they came in too amped up. I also think they're a little used to intimidating the other team, and I mean that in a good way because do it if you can, but the Pats have been there so they weren't intimidated. They'll learn how to deal with the big stage.

badboy
12-11-2012, 09:06 AM
:thinking: I believe a thread WAS started to inquire as to where the "bandwagon" types were coming from last year. I believe the person who started it was, intelligent, charming, witty and good looking too...Thanks Dread but I did not start this thread.

HJam72
12-11-2012, 09:08 AM
For now ... can we only have Titans and Jaguars fans come in and talk trash so we can talk trash back after the game . :kitten:

Not 'till next year. :toropalm:

chicagotexan2
12-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Well I hope your porn star ho girlfriend gives you herpes. Or should I say even more herpes.

But when you're right you're right. Texans got lit up. I have a feeling we'll meet again in the playoffs.

Double Barrel
12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Antonio Smith had a great quote after the game about how the Patriots were all business before the game and how the Texans players all noted how they had that professional been here before feeling about them. Teams need to learn how to play these games and the Texans will. I wouldn't be too down on your guys. I think they came in too amped up. I also think they're a little used to intimidating the other team, and I mean that in a good way because do it if you can, but the Pats have been there so they weren't intimidated. They'll learn how to deal with the big stage.

It's the truth. The Patriots have that professional vibe about them. I noticed last night was just business. No cheap shots, no dirty stuff, just straight up play ball and kick ass.

Our owner greatly respects Robert Kraft and has wanted to emulate the Patriots organization. I think we are on the right road, as well. But obviously having a HoF head coach and HoF QB are not things you can just go buy off the shelf.

I'd like to say I hope to see you in the playoffs, but truth be told, I don't want to see the Patriots in the playoffs. I hope y'all lose to wildcard team and we don't have to face you again.