PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans @ New England Patriots. 12/10. 7:30. **Official MNF GameDay Thread**

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ThaShark316
12-10-2012, 12:02 AM
The Night Game, Part IV

http://i50.tinypic.com/35ar5f4.jpg

With a two-game lead on the rest of the AFC, the Houston Texans could go a long way toward proving they're the team to beat this week.

The New England Patriots, though, certainly aren't ready to concede the conference they've represented in the Super Bowl five times in the last 11 years.

These powers each bring a six-game winning streak into Monday night's showdown in Foxborough, where Houston will put its unblemished road record on the line against the AFC East champions.

The Texans (11-1) and Patriots (9-3) have met only three times before - once at New England, where Houston lost 40-7 in 2006 - but a new rivalry could be about to develop, with the chance of a more important matchup in the upcoming playoffs.

"You've got one of the all-time great leaders in football from a coaching standpoint and a quarterback standpoint," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. "You know you're going to have to raise your level of play and play as good as you can possibly play. That's why we do what we do. It is a big challenge, but I know our football team will be looking forward to it."

In the franchise's first postseason appearance last season, Houston came close to earning a date with the Patriots in the AFC title game, but lost to Baltimore in the divisional round. Now, with Matt Schaub healthy and star defensive end J.J. Watt helping his unit overcome a slew of injuries, the Texans have taken another step forward.

They've shown their mettle with six road wins in as many trips, including games at Denver and Chicago.

http://i45.tinypic.com/mw2zhh.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/rmske0.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/sxjfwk.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/zvzg4o.jpg

MORE PICKS: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem/experts

What I Want To See:

Remember those 30 attempt games with Arian? Yeah, those...

Look, I'm one of the folks that loves giving Arian rest. That said, this is such a huge game, that I'm willing to look the other way. Pound the rock like it's Chicago all over again.

Attack Brady in every which way

Bring heat with 5 or 6, rush 4/drop 7...etc. Make his night a hassle and disrupt the timing with his weapons as much as possible. Something I've noticed in the past is that his OL can be rattled by a disruptive front-four, so let's get to them as well.

Test their pass D (deep)

Take some shots up top when the opportunities present themselves. Dre, Walter (yes, even him), you name it. Let's get the Pats on their heels with the run and some bootleg/waggle action.

Stuff the run and make NE one-dimensional

This is already a tough offense to deal with. The LAST thing we need is for Ridley and Vereen to get off and make it tougher to try and handle. This is a really good (shocking to most, I'm sure) run offense this year, so stopping this run will be KEY tonight.

Last night game of the regular season, fam! Ladies and Gents, this is indeed a huge game, as we all know. That said, just because it's big, does NOT mean goals have changed. 1-0 every week, that's the goal! Let's go into Mass., get this W, get closer to a bye/home field throughout and show the nation what the Baddest Men Alive can do IN ENEMY TERRITORY. LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!

TheMatrix31
12-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Beat their asses.

**** New England.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Let's go Texans!!!

ItsMyFault
12-10-2012, 01:10 AM
http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/12/10/houston-you-have-problem-texans-have-chance-against-patriots/4j0xMtEf8TUFvz6RRcqr3L/story.html

Can someone tell me if this guy is for real? I can't seem to figure it out.

Showtime100
12-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Sure he's for real. He's Dan "The Gronk" Shaughnessy coming to you live from his room in momma's basement.

Nah, the guy is a clown. He's so bad even ESPN won't even take him on a regular basis.

Tailgate
12-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Not gonna get much work done tomorrow.

GO TEXANS!

kiwitexansfan
12-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Not particularly confident.

Kind of looking past the Pats to the Colts.

Gotta smash the Colts.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-10-2012, 03:08 AM
http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/12/10/houston-you-have-problem-texans-have-chance-against-patriots/4j0xMtEf8TUFvz6RRcqr3L/story.html

Just a hard core Pats fan trying his best to get an attention and gain some popularity as a journalist.

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 04:41 AM

Ok he wasnt sure until he heard the team was coming wearing letterman jackets ???

Unproven - Broncos, Detroit, Bears on the road, stomping the Ravens at home. If beating 3 AFC and 1 NFC division leader is unproven then i guess the Patriots have yet to play yet.... Joke of an article. No research or thought went into his blog.

TheMatrix31
12-10-2012, 05:30 AM
Seems like a bit of sarcasm and bombast to exaggerate but he probably feels that basic way anyway.

**** the Patriots AND their fans. We might win, we might lose. It could be a damn good game. Just don't get blown out. Take care of the ball. Keep Brady off the field. Don't do stupid ****.

gtexan02
12-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Seems like a bit of sarcasm and bombast to exaggerate but he probably feels that basic way anyway.

**** the Patriots AND their fans. We might win, we might lose. It could be a damn good game. Just don't get blown out. Take care of the ball. Keep Brady off the field. Don't do stupid ****.

I want to blow them out. Everyone is saying it's going to be close or the Pats are going to blow us out. I want to see us put up 40 on the Pats and win big. Shut everyone up. I want it to be over by halftime. I'm tired of these 911 inducing wins

aussie_texan
12-10-2012, 07:46 AM
every time i see this thread its just before i go to bed! so its not quite gameday for me yet but with that being said GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im that pumped i dont think im going to sleep much tonight!!!

going to be a massive game and we going to come out on TOP !!!!!!!! cant wait to yell at the tv when Watt sacks bradys a*s!!!!! GO TEXANS!!!!!!

bedtime now...

TejasTom
12-10-2012, 07:47 AM

Is it a real clown or just someone dressed as a clown?

HJam72
12-10-2012, 07:52 AM
every time i see this thread its just before i go to bed! so its not quite gameday for me yet but with that being said GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im that pumped i dont think im going to sleep much tonight!!!

going to be a massive game and we going to come out on TOP !!!!!!!! cant wait to yell at the tv when Watt sacks bradys a*s!!!!! GO TEXANS!!!!!!

bedtime now...

Good luck sleepin'. :) :toropalm:

aussie_texan
12-10-2012, 07:54 AM

yeah tell me about it. im still here still havnt left the computer

Everlong
12-10-2012, 08:04 AM

Pats fan here.

I'm actually surprised Shaughnessy wrote this. He's usually Mr Negative. I should also point out he's a baseball writer who's been allowed to become a columnist writing on all things sports. Most Boston sports fans cannot stand him myself included. I would put zero stock into anything he writes and trust me 95% of the Patriots fan base is not taking this game for granted. We know the Texans are for real.

Anybody discounting the Texans for having close calls vs the Jags and Lions and not doing so for the Pats with the Jets (first game OT) or Buffalo the second game isn't looking at the big picture. Good teams win those games and bad teams lose them.

On the weather front it's 55 and raining this morning. No idea if the rain will stop but the reports of snow are bogus. It's not happening.

Good luck. I hope it's an epic game with no injuries.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Pats fan here.

I'm actually surprised Shaughnessy wrote this. He's usually Mr Negative. I should also point out he's a baseball writer who's been allowed to become a columnist writing on all things sports. Most Boston sports fans cannot stand him myself included. I would put zero stock into anything he writes and trust me 95% of the Patriots fan base is not taking this game for granted. We know the Texans are for real.

Anybody discounting the Texans for having close calls vs the Jags and Lions and not doing so for the Pats with the Jets (first game OT) or Buffalo the second game isn't looking at the big picture. Good teams win those games and bad teams lose them.

On the weather front it's 55 and raining this morning. No idea if the rain will stop but the reports of snow are bogus. It's not happening.

Yeah, I kinda doubt it's going to snow watching the development the last 48 hours.

The Texans need to keep Woodhead in check, too.
They can't afford to let that little guy get lost in the pile.
(Why is it that the Pats get a bunch of players that I like out of college?)

Everlong
12-10-2012, 08:18 AM
(Why is it that the Pats get a bunch of players that I like out of college?)

I feel the same way about the Texans. I really wanted Barwin, Reed and Watt.

TheMatrix31
12-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Yeah, that's another thing. Keep those typical troll Patriot players out of the equation. Woodhead, etc. Get that garbage outta here.

bckey
12-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Pats fan here.

Thanks and welcome. Good honest post. I really think it is going to be a good game. Nothing like the Green Bay game.

TexCanada
12-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Lets go Texans!!!!

Ranger Tom
12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm slightly worried about this one, what with our recent trouble in the secondary, but it's a non-divisional game against a good team and we already have 11 wins. If we win, awesome. If we lose, I won't be too upset, except that it might portend bad things in the playoffs.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm slightly worried about this one, what with our recent trouble in the secondary, but it's a non-divisional game against a good team and we already have 11 wins. If we win, awesome. If we lose, I won't be too upset, except that it might portend bad things in the playoffs.

this, from our POV as well.

ChampionTexan
12-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Pats fan here.

Yeah - we used to have that guy here - his name was Richard Justice.

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 11:01 AM

He's a baseball guy. I am quite shocked he wrote something like that. My only take on it is that if the Pats lay an egg, he can say it was written tongue-in-cheek. He does take a swipe at us fans and the owner, so that makes me think he is hoping they lose. He's definitely an agenda driven guy.

FYI for you Houston folks, this is the guy that came up the the Curse of the Bambino.

Thorn
12-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Nothing that happens in tonights game will surprise me. It might piss me off, or make me elated, but it won't surprise me.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Nothing that happens in tonights game will surprise me. It might piss me off, or make me elated, but it won't surprise me.

Not even if AJ gains 400 yards? LOL!

ThaShark316
12-10-2012, 11:29 AM
He's a baseball guy. I am quite shocked he wrote something like that. My only take on it is that if the Pats lay an egg, he can say it was written tongue-in-cheek. He does take a swipe at us fans and the owner, so that makes me think he is hoping they lose. He's definitely an agenda driven guy.

FYI for you Houston folks, this is the guy that came up the the Curse of the Bambino.

Which to me, was merely an excuse made by him for the Red Sox mediocrity/ineptitude. (I know that's something that you Boston folks took serious (the curse) but still..)

As a baseball first guy, Shaughnessy's antics are well-known to me. His goofy ass was saying how the Sox basically had Game 162 won during that rain delay at Baltimore. I don't mind him, but sometimes, he needs to shut it up.

Tailgate
12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Tick tock, tick tock....tick.....tock

Texas T
12-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Monday Night Game...Playing Patriots...So Hard To Concentrate On Work...(obviously since I'm writing on here not doing work.)

kiwitexansfan
12-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Monday Night Game...Playing Patriots...So Hard To Concentrate On Work...(obviously since I'm writing on here not doing work.)

Try being at work DURING the game and see how much you get done.

My afternoon will be a write off.

Texan_Bill
12-10-2012, 12:20 PM

I know who he is. During baseball season he would come on one of our local sports shows once in a while (or to fill in for Peter Gammons).

Everlong
12-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Which to me, was merely an excuse made by him for the Red Sox mediocrity/ineptitude. (I know that's something that you Boston folks took serious (the curse) but still..)

As a baseball first guy, Shaughnessy's antics are well-known to me. His goofy ass was saying how the Sox basically had Game 162 won during that rain delay at Baltimore. I don't mind him, but sometimes, he needs to shut it up.

Honestly only the lunatic fringe took it seriously and Shank made a ton of dough selling that crap to idiots who would buy ocean front property in Arizona.

Texans Spirit
12-10-2012, 12:41 PM

i gotta go home early and take a nap and be fully energized for this game. lol

Texans Spirit
12-10-2012, 12:44 PM
the D line HAS GOT to get penetration and hurry Brady's decision making.

:fans:

dream_team
12-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, I want the Texans to win tonight, but I'll be ok with a loss... as long as they keep it competitive and don't shoot themselves in the foot like the GB game.

We just need to win the final 3 games to maintain the #1 seed, and I'll feel alot more confident in facing the Pats at home in the AFC championship game!

76Texan
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Honestly only the lunatic fringe took it seriously and Shank made a ton of dough selling that crap to idiots who would buy ocean front property in Arizona.

Hey, California will soon become an island, don't you know that?!? :chickendance:

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 01:16 PM

I dunno about that. There was a lot of folks that bought in after '03.

ChampionTexan
12-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Nothing like playing big games in December to get you prepared to play even bigger games in January and February.

Go Texans!

:texflag::texflag::texflag::texflag::texflag:

Texans Spirit
12-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Nothing like playing big games in December to get you prepared to play even bigger games in January and February.

Go Texans!

:texflag::texflag::texflag::texflag::texflag:

practice DOES make perfect.

now: 1,2,3 left. 1,2,3 right..

:specnatz:

Everlong
12-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I dunno about that. There was a lot of folks that bought in after '03.

Are they interested in real estate? I'll split the finders fee. :)

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 02:17 PM

I'd quit, not even joking, already told you all about me and fiance splitting up over the texans. I'd say give me off to watch my team or i'm done :). For real !!!

Everlong
12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Interesting topic on local sports radio up here in NE. Do the Texans put Jospeh on Welker and let him try to shut him down? Or do you put him on Lloyd and double Welker? Would they consider putting him on Hernandez?

Errant Hothy
12-10-2012, 02:25 PM

I'm in class till 9 tonight, and then have a 40 minute drive home. Will be trying to ignore all game info so I can start watching when I get home.

Sucks and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to pull it off.

Big Lou
12-10-2012, 02:44 PM

What is this "baseball" you speak of?

Big Lou
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Interesting topic on local sports radio up here in NE. Do the Texans put Jospeh on Welker and let him try to shut him down? Or do you put him on Lloyd and double Welker? Would they consider putting him on Hernandez?

I'd like to see Houston put Watt on Welker, and when Welker trys to run his route, Watt would just knock him back 10-15 yards with one hand..........

JCTexan
12-10-2012, 02:52 PM

Does it even matter? Have Joseph on one and Jackson on the other. Case closed. :smiliedance:

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 02:52 PM

I would put JoJo on Welker, KJ on Lloyd and Rudd on Hernandez. Sorry to say but Rudd has by far been our best coverage LB, and looked damn good doing it.

Exascor
12-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Interesting topic on local sports radio up here in NE. Do the Texans put Jospeh on Welker and let him try to shut him down? Or do you put him on Lloyd and double Welker? Would they consider putting him on Hernandez?I have no clue what Phillips will do. He tends to come up with some crazy combos and sometimes they fail. Alan Ball against Calvin Johnson was fail. When Kareem Jackson asked to switch to Johnson it worked out a lot better.

Jackson should be able to cover Lloyd. Our 3rd corner (who will be our 5th or 6th on the depth chart due to McClain & Ball injuries) would take on whoever else (other than Welker) gets on the field. I'd expect Quin & Manning to share duties on the TEs and backs.

If I had a choice, I'd have Joseph shadow Welker 80%+ of the time. Joseph is the quickest & fastest DB we have. He won't be able to stop Welker but would be the best to limit the big plays. JMO.

dream_team
12-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Joseph is always on the #1, and a combo of the safeties (Quin or Manning) cover the TE. I expect to see mostly GQ on Hernandez. We dodged a bullet with Gronk out, we don't have anyone that can match up with him.

Everlong
12-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think a LB on Hernandez is a win for the Pats. He's more of a WR than a TE. I think Joseph outside on Lloyd and then you bracket Welker and if you're going to put a LB on Hernandez you give him help. The issue becomes what type of help because he can run the seam or option in or out. I believe he's going to be the biggest matchup issue. I think putting a safety or nickle on him is the better play. I feel the same way about your passing game. They'll move coverage to take Johnson out of the game but I'm afraid it's going to be at the expense of Daniels lighting them up. I don't like that matchup for the Pats at all.

Rey
12-10-2012, 03:55 PM
I would start with Harris on Welker, Joseph on Loyd and Kareem on who ever the other outside reciever is.

If Harris gets eaten alive after the first series or two then I'd switch Joseph to him.

Everlong
12-10-2012, 04:03 PM
I would start with Harris on Welker, Joseph on Loyd and Kareem on who ever the other outside reciever is.

If Harris gets eaten alive after the first series or two then I'd switch Joseph to him.

With Edelman and Branch out that looks to be Donte Stallworth. That's a win for the Texans.

Hardcore Texan
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Can't wait for kickoff....:texflag:

Tailgate
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Texans + 6 now. Wow, quite a jump.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 04:14 PM
With Edelman and Branch out that looks to be Donte Stallworth. That's a win for the Texans.

Pats strength are with the TEs and Welker plus the backs.

Without the Gronk, they don't match up very well with the Texans.

On paper at least.

Brady will have to play at the top of his game, IMHO, and we all know that he can .

Obviously, on the Texans fans' perspective, he won't be able to.

He's just a man :)=P

Everlong
12-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Pats strength are with the TEs and Welker plus the backs.

Without the Gronk, they don't match up very well with the Texans.

On paper at least.

Brady will have to play at the top of his game, IMHO, and we all know that he can .

Obviously, on the Texans fans' perspective, he won't be able to.

He's just a man :)=P

I wouldn't agree that they don't matchup well even without Gronk. It really comes down to can the Texans get pressure without a heavy dose of the blitz. If they blitz at their normal rate Brady is going to hit some huge plays. Stallworth is the one matchup that's a throw away. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes catchless. Brady has played this defense many times when Wade was with SD and Dallas and the Steelers and Packers play similar styles and he always had success against them. I don't expect either team to complete dominate on either side of the ball.

drs23
12-10-2012, 04:37 PM
shalisemyoung in the time bt leaving my car & getting to press box seat, the skies opened #Patriots http://t.co/oGDRr1bn
30 minutes ago reply

Per this Pat reporter the skies have opened up.

Arky
12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
shalisemyoung in the time bt leaving my car & getting to press box seat, the skies opened #Patriots http://t.co/oGDRr1bn
30 minutes ago reply

Per this Pat reporter the skies have opened up.

Radar looking like it might actually clear up during game time....

76Texan
12-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't agree that they don't matchup well even without Gronk. It really comes down to can the Texans get pressure without a heavy dose of the blitz. If they blitz at their normal rate Brady is going to hit some huge plays. Stallworth is the one matchup that's a throw away. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes catchless. Brady has played this defense many times when Wade was with SD and Dallas and the Steelers and Packers play similar styles and he always had success against them. I don't expect either team to complete dominate on either side of the ball.

I honestly don't know how to explain this.

I've timed the QB's time in the pocket.
I understand the Texans bring more blitz.
I understand when there's max-protect.
The Texans win the trench war by not allowing the opponent's QB much time in the pocket.
Sure, if Brady plays on top of his game, he can beat it.
It's not going to be without challenge.

drs23
12-10-2012, 04:50 PM
practice DOES make perfect.

now: 1,2,3 left. 1,2,3 right..

:specnatz:

I dunno. I had a golf coach that told me *Perfect* practice makes *Perfect*. I think there's some truth in that.

badboy
12-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Will not our RBs do better in bad weather than theirs?

Topher
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Waiting sucks..:kitten:

Everlong
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM

How do you quantify that to make the case in either direction? Unless a back has a certain history that's extraordinary good or bad in bad weather it's tough to make a case.

Showtime100
12-10-2012, 04:59 PM

I'm only speaking to the runners themselves and not what traffic they might need to run through, but with Foster's patient running style and smooth cuts I believe/hope so.

Everlong
12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
I honestly don't know how to explain this.

I've timed the QB's time in the pocket.
I understand the Texans bring more blitz.
I understand when there's max-protect.
The Texans win the trench war by not allowing the opponent's QB much time in the pocket.
Sure, if Brady plays on top of his game, he can beat it.
It's not going to be without challenge.

There won't be any max protect. It comes down to Brady getting rid of the ball in second or less while spreading the field with receivers. You can't double them all and blitz. If you send 5 that means you double Welker but Hernamdez and Woodhead are singled up. You make it sound too easy. It's not going to be. Rogers, Manning and Stafford have all spread the field with success. You're not to hold Brady to 17 points or something like that. You may outscore him. I have less confidence on that side of the ball for good reason.

SheTexan
12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Well, I still have that WINNING feeling, and it feels so good! For some crazy, unknown reason I feel calm and relaxed. Just waiting to see our boys do their thang!! Never felt this way before for a Nationally televised game.. Usually I'm pacing, nervous, can't be still, have that feeling of doom, but, not today. We got this guys/gals!!! Have faith in our boys!!:texflag::d:

76Texan
12-10-2012, 05:16 PM
There won't be any max protect. It comes down to Brady getting rid of the ball in second or less while spreading the field with receivers. You can't double them all and blitz. If you send 5 that means you double Welker but Hernamdez and Woodhead are singled up. You make it sound too easy. It's not going to be. Rogers, Manning and Stafford have all spread the field with success. You're not to hold Brady to 17 points or something like that. You may outscore him. I have less confidence on that side of the ball for good reason.

There may not be any max protect in this game, but I can assure that it has occurred in your game as well as on our opponents' game.

Nobody and nobody can sustain our 5-man pass rush one on one.
They even have problem with the sixth and seventh guy in protection.

Sure, a good QB can beat it from time to time.
It's an exciting defense to watch, unlike, hmm. You know. That defense.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Well, I still have that WINNING feeling, and it feels so good! For some crazy, unknown reason I feel calm and relaxed. Just waiting to see our boys do their thang!! Never felt this way before for a Nationally televised game.. Usually I'm pacing, nervous, can't be still, have that feeling of doom, but, not today. We got this guys/gals!!! Have faith in our boys!!:texflag::d:

Have a good time, my favorite gal.

Thorn
12-10-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm tired of all the talking. New England this, Houston that. blah blah blah.

I just want football.

Showtime100
12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
If the Pats are anywhere near as confident about tonight as Wilbon, Jaws, and Kornheiser they are ripe for the picking.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM

You thought that those guys had an easy time; none of them did.

Rodgers had a whale of a game, you know, almost like you have that powder from Harry Potter. Give him a lot of props. If we lose to the Pats for the same reason, I will tip my hat to Brady, too!

Everlong
12-10-2012, 05:25 PM
There may not be any max protect in this game, but I can assure that it has occurred in your game as well as on our opponents' game.

Nobody and nobody can sustain our 5-man pass rush one on one.
They even have problem with the sixth and seventh guy in protection.

Sure, a good QB can beat it from time to time.
It's an exciting defense to watch, unlike, hmm. You know. That defense.

The last time the Patriots ran any max protect from probably in 2008 when Brady was out. Will they keep a TE in at times yes but that's much different. Teams like the Dolphins will put two receivers out and have 8 blockers which is much different.

The teams that have had success against you have spread you out. Jacksonville had success with it. Granted Joseph was out so if he plays and is effective it will go a long way to suring up the secondary but there's a reason the Pats average 35+ points per game and that's with 5 games against teams in the top 12 in defensive scoring.

TEXANRED
12-10-2012, 05:27 PM
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/TEXANRED/522534_445556722173383_611898238_n.png

I put this in a different thread but it really needs to go in this one.

GO TEXANS!

Showtime100
12-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Is patsfans.com (http://www.patsfans.com/) where you guys are going to read up on their board?

Just curious. I don't wish to sign up, just lurk.

BullBlitz
12-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I've never seen a QB that can decide which of 4 or 5 potential receivers to throw to quicker than Brady. Peyton and Rodgers are great, but still procedural in their reads, while Brady seems instinctive. I think that capability might be the biggest advantage that the Patriots have over our defensive, plus the fact that our LBs may not be up to the task tonight.

I think that Mercilus is a liability, in that he isn't going to be able to get to Brady fast enough, and he is weak vs the run and pass. If we play fewer LBs and more DBs tonight we may have a better shot.

Almost game time - finally! Let's go!

76Texan
12-10-2012, 05:34 PM
The last time the Patriots ran any max protect from probably in 2008 when Brady was out. Will they keep a TE in at times yes but that's much different. Teams like the Dolphins will put two receivers out and have 8 blockers which is much different.

The teams that have had success against you have spread you out. Jacksonville had success with it. Granted Joseph was out so if he plays and is effective it will go a long way to suring up the secondary but there's a reason the Pats average 35+ points per game and that's with 5 games against teams in the top 12 in defensive scoring.

Trust me, I'm known to watch a whole lot of game tapes around here.
I guarantee you that Brady will not see much if at all of the 3-sec without max-protect

Everlong
12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
I guarantee you that Brady will not see much if at all of the 3-sec without max-protect

He rarely has the ball for more than 3 seconds and often it's less than 2. Any way we're spinning our wheels here so we'll just have to find out in 2 very long hours.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM

Or if we go to prevent defense.

unclejamima
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Don't see a win for the boys in steel blue. This is the NFL's favorite team featuring their posterboy QB..... at home. Look for biased calls early and often. Just a hunch based on watching past "marquee" matchups with the Pats. Just ask the Raider fans.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 05:44 PM
He rarely has the ball for more than 3 seconds and often it's less than 2. Any way we're spinning our wheels here so we'll just have to find out in 2 very long hours.

Trust me, I've watched all of the Pats games and I have timed the release as compared to Brees for example.

The Texans D are playing faster than their own fans realize.

silentassassin
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm scared.

Joe Texan
12-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Lets Go Texans

TejasTom
12-10-2012, 06:02 PM
I've started on the Crown.

Watt, do what you do.
Merciless live up to your name.
Arian, Andre: Beast mode time.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Wolf
12-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Imam hoping for a win, but if we don't win tonight, it is alright. new England is a tough place to play in Dec. I will be looking forward to a potential rematch in the playoffs. Of course I am hoping Denver and New England play each other first :fingergun:

Showtime100
12-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Lol, I like those nflshop.com commercials.

TEXANS84
12-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Newton is inactive

TEXANRED
12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm scared.

Tom Brady? Is that you?

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Dang 86 posts already and the game is still an hour away,,,,,,,lot of excited people :) !!!!

SAMURAITEXAN
12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Dang 86 posts already and the game is still an hour away,,,,,,,lot of excited people :) !!!!

The game like this EllisUnit? It's only a natural reaction from the fans. I think the most of us here are very hyped for sure. Just think when we win this game, this site will be overloaded. Look at me, I decided not to work until this evening(Japan time). May be work for a few hours that's it.

Go Texans!!!

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 06:32 PM
The game like this EllisUnit? It's only a natural reaction from the fans. I think the most of us here are very hyped for sure. Just think when we win this game, this site will be overloaded. Look at me, I decided not to work until this evening(Japan time). May be work for a few hours that's it.

Go Texans!!!

Felt great all day until about 2 now i feel like crap, wife trying to give me meds but i dont want to get drousy during the game so i will deal with this 103.8 fever until 9 minutes left in the game and then get doped up. Hopefully we dont into over time :gun:

SAMURAITEXAN
12-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Felt great all day until about 2 now i feel like crap, wife trying to give me meds but i dont want to get drousy during the game so i will deal with this 103.8 fever until 9 minutes left in the game and then get doped up. Hopefully we dont into over time :gun:

Man, talk about a hard core fan! Take your meds if it gets worse and record the game. There will be more games for us in the post season and ultimate game is awaiting for us in NO. So, there are more big games coming our way.

BullBlitz
12-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Don't see a win for the boys in steel blue. This is the NFL's favorite team featuring their posterboy QB..... at home. Look for biased calls early and often. Just a hunch based on watching past "marquee" matchups with the Pats. Just ask the Raider fans.

Don't start making excuses. C'mon man!

BullBlitz
12-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Man, talk about a hard core fan! Take your meds if it gets worse and record the game. There will be more games for us in the post season and ultimate game is awaiting for us in NO. So, there are more big games coming our way.

Nah, you have to watch this one live. We've been waiting all year for this matchup.

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 06:43 PM

Hell na if they have to cart me to the ER then the ambulance better have a damn TV in it broadcasting the game. I DONT MISS GAMES :) Never have.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I was expecting nah reply from you EllisUnit! Because, I do exactly the same just like you and BullBlitz. I guess we are just hooked on the Texans. In case of Texaholic.

Go Texans!!!

infantrycak
12-10-2012, 06:49 PM

Advil/ibuprofen will knock fevers down without any drowsiness. 800 mg dose.

JCTexan
12-10-2012, 06:53 PM
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. Two of the best teams in the NFL! LET'S GO TEXANS!

Trail.Blazr
12-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like Houston seems to have one hell of an opening drive, then they cool off?

I want to see a full 60 minutes. And Please...Please...Owen, catch the ball like the you of old!

TheMatrix31
12-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Owen needs to have a big game today.

And no ****ty throws today, Schaub. We HAVE to limit their possessions.

Mr. Texan
12-10-2012, 07:06 PM
i'm so ****ing excited

klockWork
12-10-2012, 07:10 PM
If the field is wet this game worries me. Texas pass rush was non-existence in Chicago on a wet field. Schaub have trouble with throwing wet balls in that game. I hope we adjusted from the Bears game.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I love reading all the posts.

Let's go Texans!

SAMURAITEXAN
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM
ESPN is talking about RB Foster=our running game but, seems like they are forgetting our other 2 RBs. I am looking forward to 1,2,3, punches on our running game.

Go Texans!!!

SmoochyTX
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/TEXANRED/522534_445556722173383_611898238_n.png

I put this in a different thread but it really needs to go in this one.

GO TEXANS!

I like it!!!! Gah, I'm so ready for this game to start already. Just 15 more minutes!!!

Go TEXANS!

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm so ready for this flippin' game as well. Wicked excited. Good luck you guys, enjoy.

steelbtexan
12-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Time to put a beating on Mr. Bundchen.

Go Texans

axman40
12-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Beat them in Dec. so we do not have go back in Jan.
:fans::fans:

Trail.Blazr
12-10-2012, 07:21 PM
If the field is wet this game worries me. Texas pass rush was non-existence in Chicago on a wet field. Schaub have trouble with throwing wet balls in that game. I hope we adjusted from the Bears game.

FWIW, I'm not sure if you can legally call it a "field" for the Chicago game. Let's hope the turf is in better shape in NE, wet or not.

Lurvinator11
12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Just finished my math final. Passed.

Let's get it tonight Texans!

Go Texans!

SAMURAITEXAN
12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Drink Checked
Snacks Checked
Wife out of house Checked
Feed Dog Checked
Along at home Checked

I am ready! Let's go Texans!!!

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Beat them in Dec. so we do not have go back in Jan.
:fans::fans:

I can tell you of at least one fan that could care less about going to Houston for the AFC title game.

kiwitexansfan
12-10-2012, 07:27 PM

Go Texans!

Well done.

Let's hope the Texans pass their biggest test of the season (so far).

SAMURAITEXAN
12-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Here we go!

Let's go TEXANS!!!

infantrycak
12-10-2012, 07:33 PM
LOL so ESPN uses Watt's fined hit as an intro highlight.

GP
12-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Stomach is woozy.

Buffi2
12-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Stomach is woozy.

Make that two. When does this game start?

DocBar
Stomach is woozy.I wasn't this nervous for the playoffs last year. The last time I was this nervous was probably when my daughter was born in '09.

BullBlitz

Go Texans!

Hope you scored a JJ Watt (99) on that math test Lurvinator!

TexCanada
12-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm nervous and excited! Lets play football!

Nawzer
12-10-2012, 07:38 PM
What's Jon Gruden on? He's so hyper excited about every damn thing. I feel like one day he'll have a stroke live on air while exulting on the finer points of long snapping.

Lurvinator11
12-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Hope you scored a JJ Watt (99) on that math test Lurvinator!

Thanks Bull.

I actually scored an Andre, but still good enough!

SAMURAITEXAN
What's Jon Gruden on? He's so hyper excited about every damn thing. I feel like one day he'll have a stroke live on air while exulting on the finer points of long snapping.

Said, Matt got hit where sun won't shine or something? lol

GP
Lord, I know I may not say it enough...

But I'm sorry. Please don't hold my sins against my team.

Grant them favor, oh Lord. Blind the refs to the calls that hurt us. Open their eyes to the calls that help us. Make our players fleet of foot, quicker than our opponents. Smarter. Stronger. Better.

Amen.

Lurvinator11
12-10-2012, 07:40 PM

I remember last year when the Steelers palyed the Chiefs on Monday Night. That was the game where Cassel got hurt, and they had to start a rookie, named Palko.

All Gruden could talk about was how much Palko loved football. I know you gotta hype up the match, but c'mon man.

IDEXAN
12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Was that Cushing going out for the coin-flip with his teammates ?

iLoveTexans
We always get the ball first ._.

MEGA SWATT
Let's do this!:whip:

GP
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Wow. Refs wasting no time.

TheMatrix31
Ah boy.

MEGA SWATT
Wow!

SAMURAITEXAN
Nice run by Foster!

Lurvinator11
Foster might have a great game.

GP
BOOM!

Suck it! You see that pancake block by AJ???

macho grande
12-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Zebras suck

GP
LOL!

Oh man oh man oh man....good tone being set.

Grrrr.....

MEGA SWATT
I like that so far we're moving the ball on da GROUND:toropalm:

Mr. Texan
12-10-2012, 07:44 PM
good start by foster

TexCanada
Keep running until they stop it.

DocBar
Foster is looking good early!!! WTF was that penalty? Why can't the OT be on the end of the line where an OT is supposed to be?

beerlover
Foster looks fresh. Texans dominate LOS.

DocBar
12-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Keep running until they stop it.Disrespect the hell out of 'em!!!!

Nawzer
12-10-2012, 07:45 PM
This should be a fun game. Both teams going to playoffs and the Texans really are not in a desperate position or anything. Let's hope they play loose and fast.

TheMatrix31
12-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Not a fan of that on 3rd and 6. Not against New England.

Rey
Gotta make that f'n catch...

Mr. Texan
you gotta catch that :mariopalm:

DocBar
Shoulda been PI!! That guy never looked back.

Nawzer
This is why AJ is AJ while Lestar Jean is well Lestar Jean...

Naiirb
C'mon Lestar that was right in your bread basket

Lurvinator11
12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
That could have been a pass Interference.

Jean should have had that.

Oh man, this will be special teams worst day

The Medic01
Wow PI much

TexCanada
If course they ignore the holding on the return.

TheMatrix31
Marciano has gotta go.

TexanSam
Damn special teams..

Trail.Blazr

Let's see if the officials call it both ways.

DocBar
Geez...Welker is dynamite in a small package. I wish someone would blow his little azz up.:pop:

axman40
not so special team play
:mariopalm:

Buffi2
12-10-2012, 07:49 PM
We are going to have to do a whole lot better than this.

ATXtexanfan
Nice call poor execution by jean. Dang it special teams

Mr. Texan
good field position for brady ftl

HPDSgtJDS
Why does Schaub insist on going for the bomb when Foster was wide open for the 1st down?? Bad read, Matt..

Rey
12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Foster is looking good early!!! WTF was that penalty? Why can't the OT be on the end of the line where an OT is supposed to be?

He was lined up too far off the LOS.

Bull**** call on a running play.

steelbtexan
12-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Marciano has gotta go.

I've been saying the ST's are going to bite them in the butt all yr long.

Lurvinator11
Shootout looming

Buffi2
Come on defense!

beerlover
Schaub had great protection bodes well for later in the game.

TheMatrix31
12-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Get him off the field!

BullBlitz

AJ was open across the middle for a first down on that play as well.

TheMatrix31
Undisciplined play. **** this.

Rey
I saw that call coming

axman40
home cooking by the refs

Mr. Texan
cmon refs with this BULLSHXT

Pantherstang84
12-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Home cooking anyone?

TexanSam
Gdamnit.

DocBar
I was worried about penalties by the youngsters

BullBlitz
Why does Schaub insist on going for the bomb when Foster was wide open for the 1st down?? Bad read, Matt..

So was AJ.

Mr. Texan
no pressure on brady

MEGA SWATT
bs refs

GP
Kubiak, you're going to have to call a better game than that first possession pal.

Or this is going to be a bad night.

Rey
12-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk....

TheMatrix31
Oh Kareem. You HAVE to recover that ball.

GP
We had the ball. HAD it. Gawd almighty.

Lurvinator11
This is already bull.

UGHHHh Missed opportunity there!!!!

Mr. Texan
GOD DAMMIT KAREEM

you gotta ****ing get that

TexanSam
****ing Kjax.

axman40
kjax pull head out of ass

Rey
Kareem?!?!? WTF?

kiwitexansfan
It amuses me that there are more people on the Clutchfans game thread than on this one.

Qualilty over Quantity I guess right?

Trail.Blazr
12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Omg kj... Cover the ball!!!!

Buffi2
This is the beginning of what could be a nightmare. The football Gods need to make us their favorite.

The Third Man
Kareem Jackson *has* to get that fumble.

TheMatrix31
**** off, Brandon Harris. This is your fault.

Pantherstang84
Carved up like a turkey. With gravy from the refs.

GP
12-10-2012, 07:56 PM
So let me get this straight.

Weak ass call on Duane Brown, we still get the first down on the next play.

3rd and 6, they don't call p.i. on the Pats. We punt.

No holding call on the Pats return team.

On the Pats' 3rd and 6, they DO get the p.i. call on us even though it was within the 5 yards allowable.

Yeah, that really sucked balls.

OzzO
The TD brought to you by homefield refs, too hyped up youngins, and a bad special teams.

Stemp
Need TD drive now. Much match score for score.

MEGA SWATT
Damn it K. Jax - he held 7 pts in his hands:toropalm:

Mr. Texan
horrible start :vincepalm:

please don't let us get blown out again

Doppelganger
Too easy.

ATXtexanfan
Well let's see if the O can answer

Rey
12-10-2012, 07:57 PM
It amuses me that there are more people on the Clutchfans game thread than on this one.

Qualilty over Quantity I guess right?

Thanks for reminding me...I need to head over there and see what's going on with the game...

Premier
somebody tell kareem jackson theres a football game, bonehead almost let welker get up and walk into the endzone then he cant fall on the football.

EVOLVIST
**** off, Brandon Harris. This is your fault.

Put Carmichael or Route in there. I have no faith in Harris.

dc_txtech
Hernandez will do that to James EVERY time.

MEGA SWATT
So let me get this straight.

Weak ass call on Duane Brown, we still get the first down on the next play.

3rd and 6, they don't call p.i. on the Pats. We punt.

No holding call on the Pats return team.

On the Pats' 3rd and 6, they DO get the p.i. call on us even though it was within the 5 yards allowable.

Yeah, that really sucked balls.

right on!

GP
Kubiak has to get the offense down the field.

We're down 7. Just like the GB game all over again.

%&$#!

Texan_Bill
12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Weren't we all taught to fall on and cover up (almost in a fetal position) a fumble????

Foxboro Steve
12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
I thought Hernandez was hurt on the fumble recovery.

Mr. Texan
12-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Weren't we all taught to fall on and cover up (almost in a fetal position) a fumble????

little guys pick it up

big guys fall on it

kareem should have had that tho.

cant let opportunities like that slip away

cost us 7 points

TexanSam
I hope Stanford Routt is ready soon because I have no faith in Harris

Lurvinator11
Forsett. Awesome.

GP
12-10-2012, 08:00 PM
OK, guys and gals. Getting OD a catch there is HUGE.

He opens it all up for all of the guys.

Foxboro Steve
Foster on a nice pick up. We need pressure!....

EDIT: oops like i said.

LonerATO
Good to see OD in early.

dtran04
12-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Foster is gonna bust some big ones this game.

kiwitexansfan
Thanks for reminding me...I need to head over there and see what's going on with the game...

Rockets making a much better effort of it than last game.

FWIW, I was referring to the Texans thread over there being bigger than here.

I can only imagine how much larger the Rockets thread is.

LonerATO
Jean!

GP
I love you. You big, goofy looking QB you.

Lurvinator11
Offside call!

Declined!!

Love those free plays

TheMatrix31
I'll take that ****.

axman40
1st down Jean

BullBlitz
Nice pass Matt.

GP
12-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I think we need more Forsett this game.

His quickness could be the x-factor against this Pats defense.

TheMatrix31
Schaub's ****ty Throw of the Game (tm)

LonerATO
:wadepalm:

SmoochyTX
12-10-2012, 08:04 PM
ohhhhhh ***oajljkj3;qa#!!!!

axman40
int in double coverage

Mr. Texan
packers game all over again

Foxboro Steve
Nice pass Matt.

McCourty thought so.

DocBar
Holy shiznit what a bad pass!!!!

Lurvinator11
C'mon Schaub! You should have seen McCourty there!

Wolf
Schaub ****ty throw of he game (tm)

Doppelganger
Schaub was greedy. He had the under available.

keyser
How did Schaub not see that one?

The Third Man
Throwing into double coverage to Kevin F-ing Walter? Really Matt?

kiwitexansfan
This team has shown it is resilient and can come back.

Even if they don't, they have shown they can bounce back from a loss.

Let's save the end of the world stuff till, a loss would be the end of the world/season.

MEGA SWATT
:wadepalm::wadepalm::wadepalm:

GP
OMG.

Seriously?

Matt had laser eyes there. No awareness of the deep help.

Wade having to bail the offense out. Again. FML.

Showtime100
Ok, Schaub got his stupid pass out of the way, and in a good spot on the field, and a good time ....as opposed to crunch time.

OzzO
Muther Fudger. Just calm the frick down Texans.

CloakNNNdagger

His quickness could be the x-factor against this Pats defense.

We need to run outside the tackles where they are weak.

Stemp
Man.... this is not looking good. Reminding me too much of Green bay.

stonewhite
packers game all over again

No kidding :overreact:

MEGA SWATT
12-10-2012, 08:05 PM
lets hurry up and get off page 13

HPDSgtJDS
Another Bad read by Schaub... Casey was open clearly... Why go for the bomb into double coverage????

DocBar

His quickness could be the x-factor against this Pats defense.I agree. We need to see Tate, also. Foster is going down by these shoestring tackles waaaay to often.

ATXtexanfan
int in double coverage

He doesn't have the zip for that throw

Buffi2
Oh nooooooo!!!!

Rey
I want to see Brandon brooks in some at RG. Wilfork is giving jones the blues....

Oh...and schaub, that was awful...

Your arm looks stronger, but you don't have those in you. Stay true to yourself man.

MEGA SWATT
:overreact: