PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick Press Conference Transcript Posted

CloakNNNdagger
12-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Some very interesting comments re. his impressions of the Texans tendencies and how he looks as alternatives of addressing them........of course, in his usual character,.................will leave specifics for the game.:foottap:

3 hours ago

BELICHiCK (http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Bill-Belichick-Press-Conference-Transcript/cefa0823-add2-4675-86e7-81e25facc155)

CloakNNNdagger
12-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Kubiak's counterpart Press Conference Call Transcript (from Dec 6) Patriots.com (http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Houston-Texans-Gary-Kubiak-Conference-Call-Transcript/1ddc86fc-f32b-482e-b7e6-a3fcb8b292f9)

Thorn
12-08-2012, 05:12 PM
good reading stuff there. thanks for posting that.

Wolf
12-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Saw where they were practicing with brooms, so Brady would have to get used to throwing over

CloakNNNdagger
12-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Saw where they were practicing with brooms, so Brady would have to get used to throwing over

Paddles, not brooms. Belichick will be saving the brooms to stick the long ends into his players' rear ends after they lose the game.

Patriots Practicing With Racquetball Paddles To Simulate JJ Watt’s Pass-Swatting

December 6, 2012 by TDdaily Staff

It makes sense, since JJ Watt‘s ability to bat down passes has in fact earned him the nickname “JJ Swatt,” but it’s still kind of funny. The Patriots are bringing in racquetball paddles to practice this week, in order to simulate the way Watt can swat down passes at the line of scrimmage. Houston is at New England on Monday Night Football this week. That, according to Tom Brady, via Zuri Berry of the Boston Globe:

"The Texans have come to rely on stud defensive lineman J.J. Watt, who has 15.5 sacks this season, second best in the league. He’s also accounted for 15 passes defensed, batting down passes from the line of scrimmage. He’ll move around on Monday and test each of the team’s offensive linemen, Brady said. “He’s an incredible player. The way that he gets after the quarterback, stops the run. I think he does both those things well, stopping the run, rushing the quarterback, as well as defending the pass game with those balls batted down. So he’s as impressive a player as you could see on film with his agility, his quickness, his length, his instinctiveness to get his hands in the air to jump and bat balls down.” To prepare, the Patriots will likely use racquetball paddles to simulate Watt’s length and ability to knock passes down, Brady said. “I know coach [Bill] Belichick likes to bring guys with racquetball paddles and stick those up in the air,” he said. “I’m sure there will be a whole bunch of those this week, which doesn’t always make me very happy. But that’s probably a good way to prepare for it. It’s like throwing over this (pointing) wall, it’s hard. We’ve played other big lines before. Tall guys that are rangy. The Giants did a great job of that last year. This is another team that really challenges you to do that.”

76Texan
12-08-2012, 11:52 PM
good reading stuff there. thanks for posting that.

:handshake::splits:

Norg
12-09-2012, 12:03 AM
didnt know there was a guy more boring and calm then kubes when doing confrences hes like a robot LOL

bo orlando
12-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Some very interesting comments re. his impressions of the Texans tendencies and how he looks as alternatives of addressing them........of course, in his usual character,.................will leave specifics for the game.:foottap:

3 hours ago

BELICHiCK (http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Bill-Belichick-Press-Conference-Transcript/cefa0823-add2-4675-86e7-81e25facc155)

this is pretty amazing stuff, actually. for a guy with the rep of being a media-hating, ultra-private evil mastermind, he gives extremely candid and detailed information when he could have easily blown the question off (or went with kubiak-style, "oh well john we're trying to win all the games but you know they're really good.")

NitroGSXR
12-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Paddles? That wouldn't even work. You need one of these...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/dscn1335_192.jpg

ChampionTexan
12-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Paddles, not brooms. Belichick will be saving the brooms to stick the long ends into his players' rear ends after they lose the game.

Let's hope that this turns out as effective as the ladders that Chris Palmer had David Carr throwing over when he was a rookie.

TexanSam
12-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Let's hope that this turns out as effective as the ladders that Chris Palmer had David Carr throwing over when he was a rookie.

I don't remember this. Can you give more details?

HJam72
12-09-2012, 03:49 AM

Just picture HWSNBN throwing bullets into ladders and then standing around with a dumb look on his face. :hankpalm:

ChampionTexan
12-09-2012, 03:54 AM

As best I recollect, during Carr's first OTA's and/or Minicamp and/or training camp, Chris Palmer - who was the first ever Texans OC - would use 7 foot ladders placed where D-Linemen would normally line-up to help sharpen Carr's mechanics. Maybe it's just me, but it's one of the main things I remember about the period of time between when Carr was drafted, and when he played his first game as a Texan.

Malloy
12-09-2012, 04:46 AM
Really good stuff. Thanks! :)