PDA

View Full Version : Someone Could Eventually Bring Back the XFL

CloakNNNdagger
12-08-2012, 02:07 PM
With all the rule changes that have already occurred (even going back decades, but very much accelerated recently), and all of those yet to undoubtedly occur, I reminisce and lament the game that was meant to be American Football.

******* Ice Cream Bars, Bring Back the XFL (http://www.project-landmine.com/2012/09/05/f-ice-cream-bars-bring-xfl/)

thunderkyss
12-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Couple of problems with the XFL.

First, there were talent issues. Far too little of it.

Second, the NFL is so entrenched in the major networks that the XFL won't stand a chance. Nobody will watch.

They'll have to find some way around those obstacles.

NitroGSXR
12-08-2012, 03:12 PM

Second, the NFL is so entrenched in the major networks that the XFL won't stand a chance. Nobody will watch.

I watched. I was living in Las Vegas when they played. And I will watch now. It was a FUN league to me. I really enjoyed it.

Thorn
12-08-2012, 04:32 PM

If it's a spring league it stands a much better chance of surviving than going head to head with the NFL.

Specnatz
12-08-2012, 04:47 PM
If it's a spring league it stands a much better chance of surviving than going head to head with the NFL.

With the NFL headed to flag football it might be the better alternative, especially with there being no kickoffs.

steelbtexan
12-08-2012, 07:17 PM
With the NFL headed to flag football it might be the better alternative, especially with there being no kickoffs.

Yep,

This is just another example of Mara/God'ell scrweing up a great thing.

Give God'ell 5 yrs, he will make the NFL we grew up with extinct. This will eventually open up the doors for a new/old style football league.

HJam72
12-09-2012, 03:02 AM

This. I would love having something like this to watch when the Texans aren't playing for months and months and months............

Malloy
12-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I'll rather watch the LFL :)