PDA

View Full Version : For years friends of mine used to tell me....

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 06:13 PM
If the texans win the superbowl it will be the end of the world. You know the funny sarcastic expression that everyone says while trying to talk bad about things. Its just sort of funny we are 11-1 and in 11 days it will be Dec 21, 2012.

Them Mother****ers better not of been right :wadepalm:. We picked a hell of a year to finally get good huh.

Disclaimer - I do not think the world will end Dec 21 2012, nor should you. Just thought it was kind of Ironic (yes thats right fiddler, Ironic) they always said this to me and we are 11-1 on the year the Mayans predicted then end.

Thorn
12-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Those silly Mayans. They're just pissed we stole the potato from them. Or was that the Aztecs? In any case, they all left in their UFOs once the white man invaded. I know this to be true because they said so on TV.

htownfan32
12-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Those silly Mayans. They're just pissed we stole the potato from them. Or was that the Aztecs? In any case, they all left in their UFOs once the white man invaded. I know this to be true because they said so on TV.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/848/ancient-aliens.jpg

thunderkyss
12-06-2012, 06:46 PM

psssh.. TV is so 20th Century.

Now had you said internet, I'd believe you.

powda
12-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Really dont get all the drama about this mayan calender thing. I think the guy making it went above and beyond to go this far into the future. He had to stop somewhere right? And as long as there are no archaeological discoveries of bulls resembling toro in their temples, I dont see a connection with the texans.

Silly people and all this apocalypse crap. It has nothing to do with mayans. Its a solar flare thats gonna do it.

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Really dont get all the drama about this mayan calender thing. I think the guy making it went above and beyond to go this far into the future. He had to stop somewhere right? And as long as there are no archaeological discoveries of bulls resembling toro in their temples, I dont see a connection with the texans.

Silly people and all this apocalypse crap. It has nothing to do with mayans. Its a solar flare thats gonna do it.

Rumor has it he ran out of stone, none the less the bastard should of got a new stone as to not freak out all the freaky gulible people.

DBCooper
12-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Rumor has it he ran out of stone, none the less the bastard should of got a new stone as to not freak out all the freaky gulible people.

Maybe it WAS the end of the world....for him, that's why he didn't go any further.

thunderkyss
12-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Maybe it WAS the end of the world....for him, that's why he didn't go any further.

Maybe he got bored.

powda
12-06-2012, 07:00 PM

I dunno. How profitable could it have been back then to make calendars? They didnt have a "Mrs. February" in a swimsuit or anything. He probably sold all the calendars he could, quit, and started planting corn.

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Well technically The Mayan Dec 21st already passed since they didnt have leap years when the calendar was made. The "Leap Year" came way after, unless the dude that made it knew and calculated it in with out telling anyone that he knew some one was going to invent the leap year.

C Madd
12-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Well technically The Mayan Dec 21st already passed since they didnt have leap years when the calendar was made. The "Leap Year" came way after, unless the dude that made it knew and calculated it in with out telling anyone that he knew some one was going to invent the leap year.

You would think that if the Mayans were that good at predicting things, they would have seen the Spanish coming to destroy their entire civilization.

Thorn
12-06-2012, 07:24 PM

Not according to this.

An ancient Maya text has emerged from the jungles of Guatemala confirming the so-called "end date" of the Maya calendar, Dec. 21, 2012.

Considered one of the most significant hieroglyphic finds in decades, the 1,300-year-old inscription contains only the second known reference to the "end date," but does not predict doomsday.

"The text talks about ancient political history rather than prophecy," Marcello A. Canuto, director of Tulane University's Middle American Research Institute, said

http://news.discovery.com/history/maya-long-count-calendar-end-date-120629.html

powda
12-06-2012, 07:26 PM
You would think that if the Mayans were that good at predicting things, they would have seen the Spanish coming to destroy their entire civilization.

Spanish? Dont they teach anything in school these days? It was al queda.

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 07:26 PM

AND this is the reason i have never believed that crap.....

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
"What this text shows us is that in times of crisis, the ancient Maya used their calendar to promote continuity and stability rather than predict apocalypse," Canuto said.

So it's not the end? But peace?

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 07:30 PM
So it's not the end? But peace?

Acording to King James, peace is the end :cowboy1:

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 07:32 PM
The end of what?

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 07:33 PM
The end of what?

The beginning of the end. Revelations....anyone.

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Only thing we can do is wait I guess

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Only thing we can do is wait I guess

haha i am not waiting.

Although sometimes i am talking to someone i look away and they are gone like they disappeared and i'm like damn they must not of been sinners :smiliedance:

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Hold up, isn't it stated in the Bible that only GOD can predict when the end will come? But that a mere mortal can't? So what's up?

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Hold up, isn't it stated in the Bible that only GOD can predict when the end will come? But that a mere mortal can't? So what's up?

Yes Yes it says that, thats why i pay a 2 guys to sit around and think its about to be the end of the world, 2 12 hour shifts. Until after the superbowl, sorry funds run out by then.

Thorn
12-06-2012, 07:46 PM

Mayans and UFOs and aliens dude. There were here all along.

http://www.freakingnews.com/Pictures/2/UFO.jpg

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Either you're just trolling, or actually believe that it's the end? ^^^

I do think something will happen tho

Thorn
12-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Either you're just trolling, or actually believe that it's the end? ^^^
I do think something will happen tho

Neither. Just having fun. :)

Texan_Bill
12-06-2012, 07:57 PM
SOOO.... What you're saying is that if the Texans win a Super Bowl, the Mayan calender is / was correct (end of the world)? Well except for the fact "if" the Texans won this season, it would be like early February of 2013???

THAT's AWESOME that the Mayans were so foresighted that they originated the "Add this Extension?".... DirecTv are such cop-outs! :kitten:

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 07:59 PM
SOOO.... What you're saying is that if the Texans win a Super Bowl, the Mayan calender is / was correct (end of the world)? Well except for the fact "if" the Texans won this season, it would be like early February of 2013???

THAT's AWESOME that the Mayans were so foresighted that they originated the "Add this Extension?".... DirecTv are such cop-outs! :kitten:

:cow: exactly

htownfan32
12-06-2012, 08:03 PM
http://losangelesballs.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/manning-forehead1.jpg
Only Alien I know of

thunderkyss
12-06-2012, 08:08 PM

I think it says only God knows the hour. The Mayans haven't got that specific about the whole thing.

thunderkyss
12-06-2012, 08:15 PM

I thought the whole thing was that "now" that the stars are aligning & the Texans look to be the favorites for the Super Bowl, the world is going to end & we never get that chance.

Texan_Bill
12-06-2012, 08:18 PM
:cow: exactly

Right on!!! :D

Texan_Bill
12-06-2012, 08:19 PM
http://losangelesballs.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/manning-forehead1.jpg
Only Alien I know of

Dude... Peyton needs to talk to Alex Rodriguez about "oranging - evenly"... Just sayin'!

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 08:27 PM
I think it says only God knows the hour. The Mayans haven't got that specific about the whole thing.

I was wondering about that, it turns 12 somewhere 1st and then an hour later else where. How do we kno what time?

Texan_Bill
12-06-2012, 08:27 PM
I thought the whole thing was that "now" that the stars are aligning & the Texans look to be the favorites for the Super Bowl, the world is going to end & we never get that chance.

Why would stars have to align??

Texans will make a run... Whatever happens, happens.

DUDE, or Dudette (no matter) ;) , QUIT TAKING YOURSELF SO SERIOUSLY...

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Wow this thread isnt supposed to turn into serious end of the world talk, please just read OP and see the humor. :overreact:

Texan_Bill
12-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Wow this thread isnt supposed to turn into serious end of the world talk, please just read OP and see the humor. :overreact:

I can not have this world end without "theJokaa" having carnal knowledge....

Just saying!

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 08:31 PM
I can not have this world end without "theJokaa" having carnal knowledge....

Just saying!

Lol what?

Texan_Bill
12-06-2012, 08:31 PM

Cats and dogs living together..... Mass hysteria!

DexmanC
12-06-2012, 08:35 PM

The Mayan Calendar was created by carefully observing the cosmos for
thousands of years. Within the calendar are cycles. The Mayan Calendar
does not "end." The end of one cycle, is simply the start of a new one.

Western education tricks its subjects into willful ignorance, and intentional
stupidity, by teaching them to ridicule (dismiss) anything the pupil is unfamiliar
with. Without acquiring new knowledge, the brain dies. Seek to understand,
not ridicule, the unfamiliar. Then, you will see what growth is truly about.

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 08:37 PM
The Mayan Calendar was created by carefully observing the cosmos for
thousands of years. Within the calendar are cycles. The Mayan Calendar
does not "end." The end of one cycle, is simply the start of a new one.

Exactly, some think it means a change in something not the end, maybe the start of another ice age, a shift in climate. Who knows. It is really just how different people interpert it.

Thorn
12-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Exactly, some think it means a change in something not the end, maybe the start of another ice age, a shift in climate. Who knows. It is really just how different people interpert it.

Actually the whole subject of the Mayan calendar is completly overblown anyway. But, like UFOs, it's fun to screw with.

DexmanC
12-06-2012, 08:44 PM

There are Mayan lecturers on youtube. Most Mayans reside in
modern-day Mexico. Their calendar wasn't meant to "predict" weather
patterns, but to chart the cycles of the stars. Cosmology is the science
of recognizing the roles of the stars in human consciousness (spirituality.)

Unfortunately, Cortes and his ilk destroyed much of the information regarding
this science, and humanity is backward for it. The same went on when
the Arabs and French invaded Egypt. Much could be said about Spain and England's
rape of southeast Asia and the Pacific Islands, etc.

All that is left of the Mayan science is fragments.

Texan_Bill
12-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Lol what?

Were you not one of our brothers that took a vow to not *ahem* have "carnal knowledge" of a female until we won a playoff game???

:thinking:

Nevermind!! Run through some shyte!!!! ;)

Texan_Bill
12-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Actually the whole subject of the Mayan calendar is completly overblown anyway. But, like UFOs, it's fun to screw with.

It's almost as fun as you talking about how you had to clean bird shyte off of bouys!!! That shyte ROCKS!!! :lol:

GlassHalfFull
12-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Were you not one of our brothers that took a vow to not *ahem* have "carnal knowledge" of a female until we won a playoff game???

That was TheRealJoker and he was a happy camper last year after the Bengals game. Actually, I think we just had to make the playoffs.

edit, had to go find the thead. For those new around here.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42340&highlight=playoff

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 08:50 PM

Nope, not me... You introduced me to him at the 49ers tailgate tho lol

Thorn
12-06-2012, 08:55 PM
It's almost as fun as you talking about how you had to clean bird shyte off of bouys!!! That shyte ROCKS!!! :lol:

You go try chipping frozen seagull **** off bouys in the middle of winter and see how you like it. :bat:

HJam72
12-06-2012, 09:02 PM

the Arabs and French invaded Egypt. Much could be said about Spain and England's

Wow, it's almost like the Soul Cube.

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 09:03 PM

Yes i have studied in on it and there are many different theories, i dont think it means the end of the world.

As i said it was ironic friends would say that and now we are 11-1

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 09:05 PM
That was TheRealJoker and he was a happy camper last year after the Bengals game. Actually, I think we just had to make the playoffs.

edit, had to go find the thead. For those new around here.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42340&highlight=playoff

Howd that work out for you anywas Jokaa :whip:

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 09:13 PM
It wasn't me -___-

I love my Texans but I couldn't give up sex for that lol

EllisUnit
12-06-2012, 09:15 PM
It wasn't me -___-

I love my Texans but I couldn't give up sex for that lol

No wonder it took us so long to make it to the play-offs....u failed us Jokaa

ThaJokaa
12-06-2012, 09:32 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/617/okayguy.jpg

I'm sorry

Premier
12-07-2012, 02:32 AM
jj watt will save us..

Texabama
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
jj watt will save us..Actually Dikembe will.

http://www.oldspicesavestheworld.com/

Time will be added to the Mayan calender so that the Texans can win the Superbowl.