PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 14

thunderkyss
12-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Lots of good games coming this weekend. Ours has top billing & it should. But a lot of teams play-off fate will be determined this weekend. The games I am most interested in are:

Ravens @ RedSkins
I don't think the Giants will win their division. I understand they can flip a switch & all that, but I'm just not "feeling it" They may get in as a Wild-Card & win it all, so I'm not counting them completely out, I just don't see them winning their division.

RG III has looked amazing all year long. But it looks to me like the rest of the team is hitting their stride as well. They are fun to watch, both offensively & defensively. They ran the ball extremely well Sunday & had been doing a good job most of the year. I think they win the NFC East

The Ravens, the real story of this game because if they lose, it widens the gap between our teams. Doesn't look like we're going to need it, but every little bit helps.
Cowboys @ Bengals
I'd like to see the Cowboys win the East. But the deck is stacked against them as their schedule appears to be more difficult than the 'Skins. All they need (imo) is a run game & an OC that knows how to control a game. DeMarco Murray back should help the former. But it is yet to be seen that their play-caller (Garrett) understands the latter.

But I like the Bengals. I Like the Bengals to win the AFC North & that can't happen if they lose this game. Best case scenario, is for these guys to win the 4th seed. (Texans, Patriots, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens) Bengals beat the Steelers, Broncos beat the Ravens. New England beat the Broncos, We beat the Bengals. I don't want to play New England & the Broncos.... but I also want no part of the Ravens/Steelers.

Plus, if the Bengals win the division, we don't have to play the Ravens or Steelers next year.

Anyway, those are the games I'll be watching this weekend (No Texans 'til Monday) which games are you looking forward to?

BorrowMe
12-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I think next week's games are gonna be better. Way better. Can't wait!

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

JCTexan
12-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Anyway, those are the games I'll be watching this weekend (No Texans 'til Monday) which games are you looking forward to?

Outside of the two you listed I don't see another game, and I'm not really sold on either of those matchups being special.
I think next week's games are gonna be better. Way better. Can't wait!

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

THIS! Outside of the NE-Htown game this week I would pick the top five games next week over any game this week. Some of the marquee games next week include: Denver @ Baltimore, San Francisco @ New England, New York G @ Atlanta, Green Bay @ Chicago, Pittsburgh @ Dallas (Bal-Wsh might be ahead of this matchup). And that's not including the first time the Texans get to face Andrew Luck. :texflag:

Norg
12-06-2012, 02:28 AM
if the raiders can show up in the black hole and beat denver that would realllyyyy help us

b0ng
12-06-2012, 02:20 PM
if the raiders can show up in the black hole and beat denver that would realllyyyy help us

Don't hold your breath.

ChampionTexan
12-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Cowboys @ Bengals
I'd like to see the Cowboys win the East. But the deck is stacked against them as their schedule appears to be more difficult than the 'Skins. All they need (imo) is a run game & an OC that knows how to control a game. DeMarco Murray back should help the former. But it is yet to be seen that their play-caller (Garrett) understands the latter.

But I like the Bengals. I Like the Bengals to win the AFC North & that can't happen if they lose this game. Best case scenario, is for these guys to win the 4th seed. (Texans, Patriots, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens) Bengals beat the Steelers, Broncos beat the Ravens. New England beat the Broncos, We beat the Bengals. I don't want to play New England & the Broncos.... but I also want no part of the Ravens/Steelers.

Plus, if the Bengals win the division, we don't have to play the Ravens or Steelers next year.

If the Bengals win, and the Cowboys end up missing the playoffs (both of which I believe will occur), this game may end up being Mike Zimmer's audition to be the next Cowboys HC.

Showtime100
12-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm getting the Broncos - Raiders in spanish. Anybody else?

Thorn
12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm getting the Broncos - Raiders in spanish. Anybody else?

You sure it's not Mayan?

Showtime100
12-06-2012, 08:10 PM
You sure it's not Mayan?

Pretty good Thorn, but is anybody else getting this game in Spanish?

If this is a Grande decision they will lose a lot of business.

Thorn
12-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Pretty good Thorn, but is anybody else getting this game in Spanish?

If this is a Grande decision they will lose a lot of business.

Just checked, mine is in English. Comcast cable.

Wolf
12-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Cowboys up 3-0 on the Bengals

Washington up 7-0 on Ravens

rice just ran a 46 yarded to get to wash 30

brakos82
12-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Cutloler

Wolf
12-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Boudin catches a TD pass
7-7 now

Wolf
12-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Titans up 7-0

Bengals now made it 7-3 on the cowboys

Wolf
12-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Vikes up 14-0 on the bears

Tailgate
12-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Vikes up 14-0 on the bears

Peterson is a monster

thunderkyss
12-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Whoa, up until that pick, the Bengals were looking unstoppable against the Cowboys D.

EllisUnit
12-09-2012, 01:10 PM
blah blah blah blah they can suck his **** after the game. Just saying.

GlassHalfFull
12-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Go Titans.

Yuck. Now I have to go take a shower.

EllisUnit
12-09-2012, 01:13 PM
WOW the colts have a terrible O-line

EllisUnit
12-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Titans are putting a first half ass whipping on the ponys

Tailgate
12-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I teased the Colts and Steelers. I love how I can actually affect the outcome of games with my betting, lol.

EllisUnit
12-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Lucks been sacked atleast 4 times in the first half, threw a pick 6. Yeah ....Luck is god :)

disaacks3
12-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Falcons not looking took impressive so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

EllisUnit
12-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Falcons not looking took impressive so far.

HAHA no def dont look impressive.

GlassHalfFull
12-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Week 14 is shaping up to have some unexpected outcomes. Enjoying the Titans over Colts and Panthers over Falcons right now.

Did I mention I love having redzone for the times when the Texans aren't playing?

disaacks3
12-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Week 14 is shaping up to have some unexpected outcomes. Enjoying the Titans over Colts and Panthers over Falcons right now.

Did I mention I love having redzone for the times when the Texans aren't playing?

No redzone here, but it's fun seeing updates I never expected.

brakos82
12-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I teased the Colts and Steelers. I love how I can actually affect the outcome of games with my betting, lol.

Can you go put 20 on the Pats? :kitten:

disaacks3
12-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Wow, the Falcons stomping continues. 23-0

thunderkyss
12-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Watching the Bengals, I'd much rather the Colts get into the play-offs.

The Bengals might be too dangerous.

CloakNNNdagger
12-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Cowboys dropping like flies..........wonder what WR will be called on to play secondary.:thinking:

CloakNNNdagger
12-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Colts are going to take a 21-10 lead on an interception/TD

Wolf
12-09-2012, 02:14 PM
21-20 ravens now

brakos82
12-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Ha, Dallas is losing 19-10. :kitten:

thunderkyss
12-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Cincinnati is getting robbed, that was a clean hit.

Wolf
12-09-2012, 02:19 PM
I hate the defensive receiver call

Bryant caught it and Nelson popped him in the chest. You can't ask a safety to do anything unless they just want the receive to run free

eriadoc
12-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Anyone wanting to know why the NFL is going to FKN SUCK in the future need look no further than the Reggie Nelson hit on Dez Bryant that just happened. That was as clean as clean can be. At this point, if you're on defense, you have to let the receiver catch the ball and secure it before you can hit him. This is total BS.

thunderkyss
12-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Doesn't matter to us, but...... 23-13 Panthers......... waht???

thunderkyss
12-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Anyone wanting to know why the NFL is going to FKN SUCK in the future need look no further than the Reggie Nelson hit on Dez Bryant that just happened. That was as clean as clean can be. At this point, if you're on defense, you have to let the receiver catch the ball and secure it before you can hit him. This is total BS.

I think they just got it wrong. At full speed, it was close & they're throwing the flag on the cautious side.

There will be no fine & the NFL will admit they got this one wrong.

Unfortunately that won't help the Cowboys. But, doesn't look like much would.

EllisUnit
12-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Man the media loves the colts, none of their guys ever do ANYTHING wrong.

ajohnson80
12-09-2012, 02:49 PM
pesky colts

Thorn
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
damn, I sure wanted the Cowturds to lose that one.

StarStruck
12-09-2012, 03:43 PM
damn, I sure wanted the Cowturds to lose that one.

Tisk tisk, but I do need a drink. Let's toast.

Wolf
12-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Griffin hurt his knee late in the game. So not sure the extent

StarStruck
12-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Griffin hurt his knee late in the game. So not sure the extent

Hate to hear that and hope he's ok. We need the Skins to lose, but I don't like seeing injuries. RGIII is awesome to watch, with exceptions, of course.

Dutchrudder
12-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Hate to hear that and hope he's ok. We need the Skins to lose, but I don't like seeing injuries. RGIII is awesome to watch, with exceptions, of course.

Why would you want the Skins to lose? The Ravens losing helps the Texans secure the top seed.

thunderkyss
12-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I was torn in this game. I'd like to see the Cowboys turn it around & win the division. The way New York is playing, they're leaving the door wide open.

At the same time, I'd love to see the Bengals knock the Colts out of the play offs. They needed this win to make it happen.

JCTexan
12-09-2012, 03:54 PM

Cowboy fan alert! :photos:

Wolf
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
"Thanks for the practice,Arizona"

Signed,
Seattle Seahawks

Malloy
12-09-2012, 05:35 PM
"Thanks for the practice,Arizona"

Signed,
Seattle Seahawks

What an ass-chewing...

Wolf
12-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Giants special teams are killing the Saints

Thorn
12-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I don't much care who wins between GB and Detroit tonight, but it would be nice to see Detroit lose just to see the anguished faces on their players and coaches. LOL

Maybe one of their coachs will drop kick their playbook again!

brakos82
12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't much care who wins between GB and Detroit tonight, but it would be nice to see Detroit lose just to see the anguished faces on their players and coaches. LOL

I'm guessing you've had.... 3 drinks.

drs23
12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Cincinnati is getting robbed, that was a clean hit.

Late to the party, but yeah that was a textbook, training film tackle. WTF can a DB do? Should the DBs just clear out and mark the way to the endzone with rose petals? Shhhesh!

brakos82
12-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Late to the party, but yeah that was a textbook, training film tackle. WTF can a DB do. Should the DBs just clear out and mark the way to the endzone with rose petals? Shhhesh!

We did 2 years ago. :kitten:

brakos82
12-09-2012, 06:40 PM
You know it's bad when.....

http://i.imgur.com/M1oFa.png

drs23
12-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Tisk tisk, but I do need a drink. Let's toast.

:toast2: I'm in! :toast2:

EllisUnit
12-09-2012, 07:03 PM
What an ass-chewing...

I think Pete Carrol thinks the NFL has the BCS ranking system. Chunking the ball with 3 minutes left winning by 58. Damn.........

We run the ball the whole 2nd half with a 14 point lead :kitten:

StarStruck
12-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Waiting all day for Sunday Night, well not really this week, but look at at the snow.

BullBlitz
12-09-2012, 07:25 PM

Have to pull for the Packers myself. Can't pull for Schwartz, but I hope that Suh pulls some of his shenanigans again.

GlassHalfFull
12-09-2012, 07:35 PM
The air conditions at the Packs game must be perfect for condensation. So funny to watch the puffs of "smoke" coming out as the players breath. I have never seen it look like this. Lined up before a play is hysterical.

CloakNNNdagger
12-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Just in from PFT:

MRI shows no serious damage to Griffin’s knee
Posted by Mike Florio on December 9, 2012, 7:38 PM EST

Well, that was fast.

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III already has had an MRI on a right knee that he injured during Sunday’s win over the Ravens. Per multiple reports, a Redskins spokesman has said that the MRI showed no significant damage, and specifically no torn ACL.

The injury is being characterized as a sprain, which can mean a wide range of injuries to one or more ligaments.

Showtime100
12-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Looks like Detroit will play Detroit football tonight. Come out swinging only to find a way to lose in the 4th.

thunderkyss
12-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Just in from PFT:

Well that was quick. Thanks doc.

Looked like it hyper-extended, tried to wrap around Ngata, bending the wrong way.

CloakNNNdagger
12-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Well that was quick. Thanks doc.

Looked like it hyper-extended, tried to wrap around Ngata, bending the wrong way.

I don't know if he'll be playing next week. We don't know the real extent of the injury(ies) and therefore how long a rehab is to be expected.

GlassHalfFull
12-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Fat boy TD.

and with a fat boy Lambeau semi leap.

you can count on the lions to screw up a wet dream.

Showtime100
12-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Looks like Detroit will play Detroit football tonight. Come out swinging only to find a way to lose in the 4th.

Fat boy TD.

Lol, I thought they would at least have the decency to wait until the 4th. :smiliedance:

GlassHalfFull
12-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Lol, I thought they would at least have the decency to wait until the 4th. :smiliedance:

Yeah, they aren't waiting until the 4th.....

EllisUnit
12-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Fat boy TD.

Reminds me of the old texans..........

Showtime100
12-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Oh goody, another halftime opine by Bob Costas.

infantrycak
12-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh goody, another halftime opine by Bob Costas.

I like how Costas says "any NFL player can call at any time and get a ride" and leaves out they get charged $90 per hour.

OzzO
12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Well, Mr Costas.... if that Cowboy player didn't have a car.....

brakos82
12-09-2012, 09:04 PM
So.... when does Costas get fired? :kitten:

EllisUnit
12-09-2012, 09:51 PM
How often are texans players in the news for anything besides good deeds. Difference between us and the rest of the NFL.

silentassassin
12-09-2012, 10:08 PM
How often are texans players in the news for anything besides good deeds. Difference between us and the rest of the NFL.

Yup, It's certainly paying off now.

I can remember times when fans wanted to do away with the character standard and just pick up guys that would help get wins.

TexanSam
12-09-2012, 10:24 PM

I think the majority of teams don't have players that get caught doing stupid things. It's the half dozen or so teams that do that makes the news.

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 05:45 AM
I think the majority of teams don't have players that get caught doing stupid things. It's the half dozen or so teams that do that makes the news.

even so, when texans score outside of a small celerbration how many players go crazy with the TD celebrations. The texans have always drafted, picked up high class guys. Its fun watching a team actually play football instead of turn it into a circus.

HoustonFrog
12-10-2012, 06:52 AM

How about Cushing and his PED suspension. Same with Duane Brown. Jacoby and his DWI. Jameel Cook in 2008. Yes the Texans try to do things the right way but let's not act like that out if 53 players any team can get it perfectly right.

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 06:55 AM
How about Cushing and his PED suspension. Same with Duane Brown. Jacoby and his DWI. Jameel Cook in 2008. Yes the Texans try to do things the right way but let's not act like that out if 53 players any team can get it perfectly right.

PED is not as bad as a DWI, DWI manslaughter, shooting yourself in the foot, running a dog fighting underground operation, convicted of murder. Those are what i'l talking about. Sure we have had a few minor incidents but what beyong the DWI u mentioed wa sbad ?

HoustonFrog
12-10-2012, 07:07 AM
PED is not as bad as a DWI, DWI manslaughter, shooting yourself in the foot, running a dog fighting underground operation, convicted of murder. Those are what i'l talking about. Sure we have had a few minor incidents but what beyong the DWI u mentioed wa sbad ?

They recruited and signed Jonathan Joseph who was arrested in 2009 for marijuana possession and one of 9 Bengals arrested that year. My point was we 'act like the Texans are choir boys. You are on a Board where I bet over 5 people you regularly talk to have a DWI or some bad incident in their life. When you have adult men with money no team is immune no matter how goody, goody they try to be. Do you think the Cowboys actively seek guys who might drink and drive? One of my close frat brothers killed someone while drinking and driving. Dumb but I never thought he was a bad guy. In fact from a great family and was always one of the nicest guys. It's been a long time since I've seen teams actively recruit bad seeds and that was the Bengals and maybe recently the Lions. The Cowboys White House stuff was almost 20 years ago.

BullBlitz
12-10-2012, 05:44 PM

Agree. Of course no team is immune to these types of incidents, but if you look across the league most teams don't experience continual run-ins with the law.

The Cowboys do seem to experience more than most however.