PDA

View Full Version : MNF Pats VS Texans. Lets Predict ;)

Pages : 1 [2]

GRONKED
12-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Pats 45 texans 24

Rey
12-10-2012, 10:13 AM
This game is going to tell me a lot about the Texans...

I mean, Screw the Pats as a team overall...This is about Belichick, Brady and the National spotlight.

If the Texans come out and get steam rolled then 1) Beli likely drastically out-coached Kubiak, Brady lit up our defense which would mean we are going to have a hard time beating good QB's 3) the team folded under the national spotlight...can't handle that kind of pressure..

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 10:28 AM
This game is going to tell me a lot about the Texans...

Brady lit up our defense which would mean we are going to have a hard time beating good QB's

I think our secondary is a work in progress. I don't know if Jjo is going to play tonight or not, but even if he does, Brandon Harris, Roc, & Routt are going to get pushed into action quite a bit over the next few weeks.

I like the talent there. I like the coaches there as well. This game will definitely identify some weaknesses, but we've got time to get it fixed.

Win or lose, you're right. We're going to find out about these Texans, but it's just going to tell us how far away we are from the ultimate prize. It's not going to tell us that we can't do it.

Surreal McCoy
12-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Texans 26
Patriots 45

Wilfork will shut down our run game.

76Texan
12-10-2012, 10:38 AM
I think we can win the turnover battle & still lose the game. They score off their turnovers, we don't.

Normally. We did a good job of it against Baltiless, so if they have that kind of focus, yeah. But that was the exception to the rule.

That they score more off their Turnovers is just a coincidence.
The opponents gifted them a few close to their own end zone; their opponents made more unforced errors than ours.

For example, in week 1, the Titans had 3rd and 13 at their 7.
Locker held the ball for over 3 seconds to allow a sack that resulted in a fumble that the Pats recovered and ran into the endzone.

In week 3; the Ravens had the ball at their 23.
On first and ten, Flacco threw the ball right at one of the cover-2 safeties, who brought the ball back to the 6.

In week 4, Fitzpatrick underthrew the ball that the CB ran back to the 12.
(Even the official line on Game Rewind noted: "Receiver underthrown in flat").

Then the Fitz threw a ball right to a safety (in the numbers, with no receiver within 5 yards of the ball - there were no pressure) who took the ball back to the 19.

Then came Manning with a rare error.
He held on to the ball for more than 3 seconds and was sacked by Wilford at the Broncos 17. Pats recovered the ball.

There were more of those; I don't think I need to pull up all of them.

thunderkyss
12-10-2012, 10:42 AM
There were more of those; I don't think I need to pull up all of them.

I think it is possible that we can win the turnover battle & still lose the game. They score off their turnovers, we don't.

Normally. Except in the Baltiless game. But that was the exception to the rule.

Rey
12-10-2012, 10:46 AM
We're going to find out about these Texans, but it's just going to tell us how far away we are from the ultimate prize. It's not going to tell us that we can't do it.

Yeah, that's what I meant...

I forgot to talk about Schaub too...He's going to have to have at least a nice game...

76Texan
12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
I think it is possible that we can win the turnover battle & still lose the game. They score off their turnovers, we don't.

Normally. Except in the Baltiless game. But that was the exception to the rule.

It's not the exception to the rules.
They had failed to score (or had to settle for FGs) after turnovers just like us.

When you take away those that both we and they bring back for score or pretty close in range to score; neither team can claim that they score more off turnovers.

Hervoyel
12-10-2012, 11:19 AM
The Patriots have won 20 consecutive games in the second half of the regular season.

The last team to defeat them? The 2009 Texans.

I look at this and think "Ok, they're great in December but does this mean they're due to lose one? Does it mean that they can't be beaten in December? If they're so hard to beat after December 1st then what are the odds of the Texans beating them this week and then beating them again in the playoffs?

For the record I think we can beat them any time we go head to head with them. I think the teams match up well when both are mostly healthy and I think they can beat us too. I'd like to win tonight but I'd rather get out of New England without any injuries because we're reaching that point in the season where you hate to see anyone get banged up. There's just not enough time for them to get well before it becomes win or go home.

The Texans have to beat them to earn the right to be thought of as legitimate threats to the Patriots dominance in December and grip on the postseason. They also have to beat them to finally wash that Green Bay stain off their record and mark it as the fluke it was.

BullBlitz
12-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah even though he gets double and triple teamed ever play pretty much, the guy only has 16.5 sacks. What a containable scrub.

Brady has also shown the ability to lose. These arent your 2004 Patriots. BUT to Bull****zzz every team is going to beat us, all our players are flawed, and all our wins are flukes.

Dont bother with this guy man

1Q: Contained. Secondary flawed.

Although I hope you're feeling better.

Kimmy
12-10-2012, 11:40 PM
I think I was the closest.

WATT did I win?

17 Texans
49 Patriots

We're going to get our asses whopped. I despise the Patriots, but they are a GOOD team and our weaknesses are about to be on display.

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 11:42 PM
I think I was the closest.

WATT did I win?

I blame you for this loss now Kimmy ;). Your prize is :wadepalm:

Marcus
12-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Not so fast . . . :)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2070097&postcount=11

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Not so fast . . . :)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2070097&postcount=11

Both of u hexed our beloved texans..... Atleast i feel better about the world not ending on Dec 21st now :gamer:

Marcus
12-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Both of u hexed our beloved texans..... Atleast i feel better about the world not ending on Dec 21st now :gamer:

You haven't even seen hex yet. Just wait until you create your Colts prediction thread. You're gonna end up in tears. :)

EllisUnit
12-10-2012, 11:57 PM
You haven't even seen hex yet. Just wait until you create your Colts prediction thread. You're gonna end up in tears. :)

Well i will let people cool down a few days before i do that, for those who havent already jumped from the ledge.

Marcus
12-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Well i will let people cool down a few days before i do that, for those who havent already jumped from the ledge.

Well, don't expect too much homerism when you do create it.

As a matter of fact, I'll just say it here and now. Expect Oliver Luck not to wait until next year to prove he's an 'elite' QB. :)