PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck responds to advice from former #1 picks

Hervoyel
12-02-2012, 12:11 AM
The clip is called "Luck gets guidance from greats" so I'm a little confused as to how David Carr managed to get into this clip but there he was.

Check out David's comment at around the 1:43 mark

David Carr's words of wisdom (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000103633/Luck-gets-guidance-from-greats)

Too bad nobody bothered to tell David to focus on playing football when he got here. That's a real shame. I feel terrible that nobody told him to be a football player first.

Mr. White
12-02-2012, 12:38 AM
The clip is called "Luck gets guidance from greats" so I'm a little confused as to how David Carr managed to get into this clip but there he was.

Check out David's comment at around the 1:43 mark

David Carr's words of wisdom (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000103633/Luck-gets-guidance-from-greats)

Too bad nobody bothered to tell David to focus on playing football when he got here. That's a real shame. I feel terrible that nobody told him to be football player first.

I saw that a few weeks ago on NFLN before the Colts' Thrursday night game and was dumbstruck. I even thought about starting this thread myself. That comment confirmed what was obvious to all of us around here for years.

Specnatz
12-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Carr"You have to focus on being a football player first"?

As apposed to what? A supermodel? Hair gel model?

Heaven forbid someone needs to tell you to focus on your damn job and what you are being paid for.

Wolf6151
12-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Oliver Luck is 52 yoa. and currently the Athletics Director at West Virginia Univ.. ANDREW Luck, Olivers son, is the rookie QB getting the advice.

I catch myself making this same mistake occasionally.

Seņor Stan
12-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Oliver Luck is 52 yoa. and currently the Athletics Director at West Virginia Univ.. ANDREW Luck, Olivers son, is the rookie QB getting the advice.

If by occasionally you mean every dang time I say his name then yes, I also occasionally call him Oliver.

Honoring Earl 34
12-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Carr's issue was his family posse . I'm sure Oliver has his own life like Archie Manning and didn't feel the need to sponge off his kid . Heck ... that probably applies to everyone who has been an NFL QB .

Playoffs
12-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Oliver Luck is 52 yoa. and currently the Athletics Director at West Virginia.
Texans should take a look at signing him. At least work him out. I think we could fit him under the cap. :kitten:

Hervoyel
12-02-2012, 11:32 AM

If by occasionally you mean every dang time I say his name then yes, I also occasionally call him Oliver.

I do it too, all of the time and now I've done it in my thread title.

Mods, leave it be please. I kind of like it wrong like it is.

Lucky
12-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Mods, leave it be please. I kind of like it wrong like it is.
Sorry, but I'm getting a little tired of confusing thread titles. Yours was an honest mistake, but some are deliberately vague or misleading.

chicagotexan2
12-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I saw that a few weeks ago on NFLN before the Colts' Thrursday night game and was dumbstruck. I even thought about starting this thread myself. That comment confirmed what was obvious to all of us around here for years.

I'd never heard him say that before but it's clear that he accepts no responsibility for not being dedicated to his craft. To be a great qb you need to be like the guy that Alec Baldwin describes in glen Gary glen Ross. Carr was not dedicated.

Hervoyel
12-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Did you guy's see Luck and that game winning drive? That was all DC in his head telling him to be a football player first and foremost.

Well, ok it was actually Carr's dad telling him that. You don't think for a second he wasn't right off camera holding up a cue card do you? I picture him there with a little Hello Kitty backpack full of Carr's snack-packs and juice boxes. But either way Andrew got the message and he's a winner!