PDA

View Full Version : Watt is tops in disrupted dropbacks new ESPN stat system

srrono
11-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Basically, itís a stat created to make apples-to-oranges comparisons on the impact defenders at different positions in different schemes have against passing games. Want to know how a 3-4 end and a cover-2 corner are influencing passing games?
Full Article
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/44234/watt-is-tops-in-disrupted-dropbacks

b0ng
11-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Now they need to do the same thing for running plays and then combine the two to get an overall metric to see who's disrupting the offense period.

I'm willing to bet that Watt would win in a landslide.

Say Watt
11-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Now they need to do the same thing for running plays and then combine the two to get an overall metric to see who's disrupting the offense period.

I'm willing to bet that Watt would win in a landslide.

No question about it. That would be very cool if they did, and I think if people saw the numbers I am not sure anyone in their right mind could vote for anyone else other than JJ Watt for DPOY. Hell, I'd personally make Watt my MVP.

b0ng
11-30-2012, 02:55 PM
No question about it. That would be very cool if they did, and I think if people saw the numbers I am not sure anyone in their right mind could vote for anyone else other than JJ Watt for DPOY. Hell, I'd personally make Watt my MVP.

MVP is going to one of Manning, Brady or Rogers. Probably one of the first two.

Say Watt
12-01-2012, 11:49 AM
MVP is going to one of Manning, Brady or Rogers. Probably one of the first two.

Oh I'm sure you are right. That doesn't make it the right choice. They are the sexy picks. But there is no doubt in my mind that Watt has been the Most Valuable Player in football this year. No question at all.

EllisUnit
12-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Nearly 50% better than anyone else, including VON MILLER :photos:

Say Watt
12-01-2012, 12:17 PM
There are at least 3-4 games this year that I don't think we win if JJ Watt isn't playing. What he has done this season has been nothing short of extraordinary.

ObsiWan
12-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Watt leads the league in badassery
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS1S2i3gwyRwDLv6olwLk3nUe6vUnnq K288ZAIcjDqa37tQv1X

Hardcore Texan
12-01-2012, 01:45 PM
There are at least 3-4 games this year that I don't think we win if JJ Watt isn't playing. What he has done this season has been nothing short of extraordinary.

I have said that exact same thing to a few people. Agreed 100%