PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Minnesota?

thunderkyss
11-25-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm not. Not anymore. I've only heard how good they were doing. Saw a few highlights every now & again. Saw the guys on NFC Playbook going gaga..

But I watched them today. I know it's only one game, but I'm not impressed.

I was worried about New England & Minnesota. Now I'm only worried about New England.

TheDream34
11-25-2012, 08:03 PM
If the defense keeps playing the way they have the past two weeks, we should be worried about every game we play.

TEXANRED
11-25-2012, 08:05 PM
The only team that scares me that I worry about are the Texans. They shouldnt lose another game this season, but they still have to show up and play.

Hervoyel
11-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Worried that Jared Allen might try to take out Schaub. That's about it.

Lucky
11-25-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm worried about the LBs dropping like flies. They've got to get healthy.

GP
11-25-2012, 08:44 PM
If Adrian Peterson doesn't worry you, then I don't know what to say.

The way our tackling has been, AP could have a career day against us.

Corrosion
11-25-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm not. Not anymore. I've only heard how good they were doing. Saw a few highlights every now & again. Saw the guys on NFC Playbook going gaga..

But I watched them today. I know it's only one game, but I'm not impressed.

I was worried about New England & Minnesota. Now I'm only worried about New England.

Take into consideration how good that Chicago defense is .... If the Vikes dont fall behind and have to abandon the run they can stay in any game and have a chance to win.
Make them one dimensional ... and they arent very good.

TexansSeminole
11-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Take into consideration how good that Chicago defense is .... If the Vikes dont fall behind and have to abandon the run they can stay in any game and have a chance to win.
Make them one dimensional ... and they arent very good.

That's a tough task with AP so dominate this year, and with our injuries at LBer I am a bit concerned.

EllisUnit
11-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Wait were the 02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10, ohhh wait we are the 2012 texans nevermind i'm not worried.

I hope AJ can do another back flip in the endzone while scoring a TD. Couldnt find a damn highlight of that TD but it was 04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwty0uDAPbg - its at the 2:58 mark

TEXANRED
11-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Why are we even talking about the Vikings? We play the Titans next and the Patriots after that.

Allstar
11-25-2012, 10:52 PM
I am not worried about a bad team that we don't play for another 4 weeks.

Speedy
11-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Why are we even talking about the Vikings? We play the Titans next and the Patriots after that.

I am not worried about a bad team that we don't play for another 4 weeks.

Exactly. Let's get that D whipped back into shape and take care of the Inbreds first.

ObsiWan
11-25-2012, 11:41 PM
I worry about each game.
At the rate we're losing key pieces to our defense, who wouldn't?

Marcus
11-26-2012, 01:38 AM
I worry about each game.
At the rate we're losing key pieces to our defense, who wouldn't?

I know I am.

And I take it that nobody has been paying attention to what the Patriots are doing lately?

thunderkyss
11-26-2012, 01:58 AM
I know I am.

And I take it that nobody has been paying attention to what the Patriots are doing lately?

I'm worried about the Patriots, but I figured everyone is worried about the Patriots.

Just trying to get a feel for how the board feels about the rest of our schedule. Minnesota is probably the only team we haven't talked about.

Five games left in the regular season.

kiwitexansfan
11-26-2012, 02:46 AM
I really want to put a good beating on the Colts and eliminate them from the playoffs.

Keep Luck out of the playoffs for a year, slow his development a fraction.

Thorn
11-26-2012, 07:16 AM
We've got our starting NT, 3 LBs, and a corner out right now. That's damn near half our starting defense. I beginning to worry about any game.

It's not that I don't think Wade is doing a good job, because he is. And it's not that stupid lame Wade 2nd year drop off thingie either. When a team is missing this many starters on one side of the ball, you worry.

You can bet your ass the Titans will do everything in their power to try and screw up our season this weekend. As to the Vikings, they aren't the powerhouse they are advertised to be and never have been. They are nothing more than a run of the mill average NFL team. But until our defense gets healthy, every game we play is going to be heart attack.

BigBull17
11-26-2012, 08:13 AM

The way our tackling has been, AP could have a career day against us.

Yeah, but you stack the box and make him run vs 9 man fronts. Ponder can't beat you.

IDEXAN
11-26-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm worried about every remaining game we've got including this week in Nashville.

JCTexan
11-27-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm worried about every remaining game we've got including this week in Nashville.

I agree with this, however I'm not too concerned about the Vikings. That game will be in Reliant and the Vikings are currently 1-4 on the road this year. Contain AP and that game should be relatively easy.

Norg
11-27-2012, 12:49 AM
hopefully by that time w can treat that game like a Pre season game

we just need to beat NE and Den has to lose once

Double Barrel
11-27-2012, 01:01 PM
I know I am.

That's the team that I'm most scared of facing in the playoffs. They are making teams look like fools every week. And they make it look easy.

While I believe in "any given Sunday", we are also talking about Tom Brady, in the playoffs, spreading out our injury-plagued defense and having a field day. We could have a chance to win a shoot-out at Reliant, but if it's at Foxboro....ugh....

417Texan
11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
I agree with this, however I'm not too concerned about the Vikings. That game will be in Reliant and the Vikings are currently 1-4 on the road this year. Contain AP and that game should be relatively easy.

Exactly. Ponder has been subpar at best this year. Vikings also D is not great beyond Allen. Texans take care of business they should be all ite.

GP
11-27-2012, 01:20 PM
That's the team that I'm most scared of facing in the playoffs. They are making teams look like fools every week. And they make it look easy.

While I believe in "any given Sunday", we are also talking about Tom Brady, in the playoffs, spreading out our injury-plagued defense and having a field day. We could have a chance to win a shoot-out at Reliant, but if it's at Foxboro....ugh....

This has been my problem with the wins over Jags and Lions.

Too many fans ignore the momentum factor. Yeah, we won some games in OT and have shown resiliency. Resiliency won't do crap for you if you're down 24 points midway through the 1st half. You can take resiliency and blow boogers into it at that point, it'd be worth that much.

The Patriots have been absolutely brutalizing opponents. Almost flawlessly. You have to go back to the first few weeks of the season to see a Patriots team that stumbles enough to let the opponent have a crack at 'em.

So in the meantime, I got trolls telling me my worries are unfounded. We've got young fans not understanding that a 10-1 record doesn't mean squat when you're dealing with a franchise such as the Patriots that has 10-1 records at this point of the reg season almost every year for a fugging decade now. Yeah, ummm, I think the Patriots are due some massive consideration for their chances at beating us.

But we've got a 10-1 record. We beat the Lions and the Jags in OT the past two weeks. Meanwhile, people bag on the Ravens for squeaking out a win in OT vs. the Chargers (who SUCK as bad as the Jags and Lions, btw).

Any Given Sunday is real. These next two weeks determine the AFC #1 seed, as well as maybe even our fate as AFCS champs, IMO. If Houston wins the next two games, IMO, we're the lock for it. If we stumble and the Colts keep winning, it's going to get REAL in a hurry around here.

I love confidence, I really do. But like you, I'm looking at a Patriots team that is a whole 'nuther beast from anything we've seen so far. It could be the same outcome as the Green Bay game was. Spread us out, throw it all day, and watch Watt get nullified the whole way. That's what the Patriots will try to do, what will Wade do to stop it???

thunderkyss
11-27-2012, 01:45 PM

Too many fans ignore the momentum factor. Yeah, we won some games in OT and have shown resiliency. Resiliency won't do crap for you if you're down 24 points midway through the 1st half. You can take resiliency and blow boogers into it at that point, it'd be worth that much.

The Patriots have been absolutely brutalizing opponents. Almost flawlessly. You have to go back to the first few weeks of the season to see a Patriots team that stumbles enough to let the opponent have a crack at 'em.

So in the meantime, I got trolls telling me my worries are unfounded. We've got young fans not understanding that a 10-1 record doesn't mean squat when you're dealing with a franchise such as the Patriots that has 10-1 records at this point of the reg season almost every year for a fugging decade now. Yeah, ummm, I think the Patriots are due some massive consideration for their chances at beating us.

But we've got a 10-1 record. We beat the Lions and the Jags in OT the past two weeks. Meanwhile, people bag on the Ravens for squeaking out a win in OT vs. the Chargers (who SUCK as bad as the Jags and Lions, btw).

Any Given Sunday is real. These next two weeks determine the AFC #1 seed, as well as maybe even our fate as AFCS champs, IMO. If Houston wins the next two games, IMO, we're the lock for it. If we stumble and the Colts keep winning, it's going to get REAL in a hurry around here.

I love confidence, I really do. But like you, I'm looking at a Patriots team that is a whole 'nuther beast from anything we've seen so far. It could be the same outcome as the Green Bay game was. Spread us out, throw it all day, and watch Watt get nullified the whole way. That's what the Patriots will try to do, what will Wade do to stop it???

Great post GP. I agree. We should just pack it up now & go home.

er.. stay home.

GP
11-27-2012, 02:13 PM

er.. stay home.

You're trolling. And it looks really pathetic, btw.

thunderkyss
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM

Trolling?

New England's got the Big M on their side.

Dutchrudder
11-27-2012, 02:37 PM

Ummm, no. Just no. Three weeks ago, they beat Buffalo by 6, which was close the entire game. It was a 3 point game with 8 minutes to go in the 4th, that's hardly a resounding win, and much less so than our 21-9 victory over the same team. That was week 10, three weeks before that they went to overtime with the Jets in Foxboro. Then you have to consider their three losses to Arizona, Seattle and Baltimore.

The Texans have had their close calls as well this season, but our team has pulled it off, mostly thanks to its stout defense. Unfortunately for Brady and company, they don't have a clutch defense that shows up at the end of games, and that is a major advantage for the Texans. I expect us to exploit their poor defense which is giving up 390 yards per game, good for 27th overall in the league. Their current 5 win streak includes victories over the Jets x2, Rams, Bills and Colts. Only one of those teams is over .500. The only two teams they have beaten with a winning record this year are the Broncos and Colts.

They are hardly the giants you make them out to be, we can take 'em.

76Texan
11-27-2012, 02:42 PM

Trolling?

Got to love the drama :)

76Texan
11-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Ummm, no. Just no. Three weeks ago, they beat Buffalo by 6, which was close the entire game. It was a 3 point game with 8 minutes to go in the 4th, that's hardly a resounding win, and much less so than our 21-9 victory over the same team. That was week 10, three weeks before that they went to overtime with the Jets in Foxboro. Then you have to consider their three losses to Arizona, Seattle and Baltimore.

The Texans have had their close calls as well this season, but our team has pulled it off, mostly thanks to its stout defense. Unfortunately for Brady and company, they don't have a clutch defense that shows up at the end of games, and that is a major advantage for the Texans. I expect us to exploit their poor defense which is giving up 390 yards per game, good for 27th overall in the league. Their current 5 win streak includes victories over the Jets x2, Rams, Bills and Colts. Only one of those teams is over .500. The only two teams they have beaten with a winning record this year are the Broncos and Colts.

Neither team should take each other lightly.
The Pats have now pulled neck to neck with us in the Vegas odd to win the SB.
And they have home field advantage.

They should be the favorite for this game, but not by much unless something major happens between now and then.

drs23
11-27-2012, 05:18 PM
:popcorn:

Perki-Perk
11-27-2012, 08:06 PM
See, I thought GP was better than that.

Looking at the Lions record, yeah, they are as bad as the Jags and Chargers.

Looking at the Lions roster, they are more similar to a misled 2010 Texans.

Plug a couple holes and make some coaching changes, and the Lions are right there with us.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2012, 08:13 PM
I ain't worried about a damn thang! I even like it that Wade said he would like another shot at Green Bay.... The defense (yes, it's "defense" not "defence") didn't play well against the Pack (AFC North reference - or the last two weeks for that matter)... Then again, no one of the three units played well that night.

Minnesota on the other hand? Adrian "AD" Peterson will easily gain a hundred yards against our makeshift "D".....

That said, who gives a sh!te about that game whenever we have to be 1-0 against the Tinnbreds this weekend??

EllisUnit
11-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Trolling?

Hmmm thought this thread was about being worried about the vikings, not the patriots.

coltfan123
11-28-2012, 12:35 AM

anyone can make winning look easy if the opposing team turns the ball over 5 times in one quarter and does it in a way the jets do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEI03oOE6is

I wouldnt worry about the colts winning division. Its any given sunday the patriots lost to the ravens who the texans destroyed, and the bills almost beat the patriots which texans held to field goals. The mnf game will tell alot if your secondary can play a good game and eliminate deep passing game have a good chance. Chances are the texans will beat the titans. Hopefully texans go in playing hungry knowing if they beat the patriots they locked up first seed. then can throw your 3rd stringers at us colts<3

thunderkyss
11-28-2012, 12:45 AM
anyone can make winning look easy if the opposing team turns the ball over 5 times in one quarter and does it in a way the jets do.

It's funny how the Patriots forced those 5 turnovers, yet Cutler mysteriously exited the game vs the Texans.

coltfan123
11-28-2012, 01:00 AM
It's funny how the Patriots forced those 5 turnovers, yet Cutler mysteriously exited the game vs the Texans.

I read somewhere that cutler was playing so bad noone noticed he had a concussion. that says alot..

thunderkyss
11-28-2012, 01:04 AM
I read somewhere that cutler was playing so bad noone noticed he had a concussion. that says alot..

Again, not due to the play of our pass D. Cutler was just bad, at home. Sanchez on the other hand, was playing great except for the Patriots straight up demolishing them.

:toropalm:

coltfan123
11-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Again, not due to the play of our pass D. Cutler was just bad, at home. Sanchez on the other hand, was playing great except for the Patriots straight up demolishing them.

:toropalm:

Guess i watched a different jets/pats game. The one i watched the jets pretty much handed the game over in turn overs.

ObsiWan
11-28-2012, 01:16 AM

"Contain AP"...??
...with half our starting defense missing or gimpy?

I hope we can get up on the Vikings by a couple of TDs and make them go into passing mode. And even then AP isn't out of the picture.

thunderkyss
11-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Guess i watched a different jets/pats game. The one i watched the jets pretty much handed the game over in turn overs.

Hence the Toro palm. I'm being sarcastic.

He's not.

rush2112mn
11-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Another Texan fan overlooking upcoming opponent......
You would think you would have learned your lesson after Jags....guess not......oh well....

thunderkyss
11-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Another Texan fan overlooking upcoming opponent......
You would think you would have learned your lesson after Jags....guess not......oh well....

You don't actually think the team struggled because of my lack of focus do you?

GP
11-28-2012, 05:23 PM

Dutch you know full well that even the bad teams play UP to an opponent.

Even in the AFCE, a mediocre Dolphins team can beat the Patriots one time. A bad Browns team can eek out a win versus a good Ravens team.

In the NFL, mediocre teams can play down to similarly mediocre teams--those games where it looks like neither team really wants to win it--and a lot of times that same mediocre team turns around the next week and plays really good against a top team.

I count the Patriots as the scariest team in the NFL on every single Sunday. No other team has sustained their level of play for as long as the Pats have. Not the Ravens. Not the Saints. Def not the Packers and 49ers who are relatively new to those types of performances.

If we beat the Patriots, IMO, it's fate. We're headed to New Orleans. That's how I feel about that game. The ultimate testing ground, IMO.

GP
11-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Jags were worst team in the NFL and we almost lost to then in regulation AND in the OT period.

Don't anybody act like that was just existent in a vacuum. A bad team can kick any team's ass. Even our beloved Texans.

I simply won't be lulled into looking at stats and going "Gee, poor suckers...they won't know what hit 'em when we play them...." LOL, yeah cuz like that logic was an epic fail vs the Jags.

Vikings and Patriots are the two games that are the most dangerous ones.

Speedy
11-28-2012, 05:51 PM
You don't actually think the team struggled because of my lack of focus do you?

Uh, yeah. Get it together dude. This is important stuff here.

b0ng
11-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Jags were worst team in the NFL and we almost lost to then in regulation AND in the OT period.

Don't anybody act like that was just existent in a vacuum. A bad team can kick any team's ass. Even our beloved Texans.

I simply won't be lulled into looking at stats and going "Gee, poor suckers...they won't know what hit 'em when we play them...." LOL, yeah cuz like that logic was an epic fail vs the Jags.

The Jags game being close does not mean that the Vikings are now an inherently more dangerous team to the Texans than they were 2 weeks ago.

Wolf
11-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Speaking of Texans and Jags, i also think when teams play their divisional foes, stats can be thrown out the window on those games (for he most parts) due to the familiarity

GP
11-28-2012, 07:31 PM
The Jags game being close does not mean that the Vikings are now an inherently more dangerous team to the Texans than they were 2 weeks ago.

I'm beginning to think we're edging closer and closer to being that snobby fan of a great team that we always loathed.

I have guarded optimism, nothing more. The Jets were supposed to be a pushover but the game wasn't decided until near the end. Bears. Jags. Lions. We're not exactly blowing teams out of the water ya' know.

If Texans keep it close, we know our guys have the mettle to win it in the end. I just think there's been some uninspired play too much this reg season already, and that won't cut it in the final 5-game stretch.

Not a hater. Not a Doug Downer. Just saying its really premature to count any team out of it before the games even started.

The Pencil Neck
11-28-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm worried about every game on our schedule.

Right now, I'm most worried about the Titans. But don't think for one second that means I'm not worried about the Vikings.

Or the Patriots.

Or the Colts.

b0ng
11-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm beginning to think we're edging closer and closer to being that snobby fan of a great team that we always loathed.

I have guarded optimism, nothing more. The Jets were supposed to be a pushover but the game wasn't decided until near the end. Bears. Jags. Lions. We're not exactly blowing teams out of the water ya' know.

If Texans keep it close, we know our guys have the mettle to win it in the end. I just think there's been some uninspired play too much this reg season already, and that won't cut it in the final 5-game stretch.

Not a hater. Not a Doug Downer. Just saying its really premature to count any team out of it before the games even started.

There is no such thing as an NFL team that wins 19 blowouts. The Texans aren't playing against cardboard cutouts here these are actual other NFL teams.

Nobody is counting a team out, but I'm not quaking in my boots over Christian Ponder and the Vikes because Chad Henne had a decent game against us. The Colts and the Patriots remain the most dangerous teams left on the Texans schedule in my eyes.

coltfan123
11-28-2012, 09:40 PM
since when have the colts become dangerous:P we have a first year qb

b0ng
11-28-2012, 09:46 PM

The Colts competition for "Most Dangerous Team for the Texans" after the Patriots:

Tennessee Titans
Minnesota Vikings

The Pencil Neck
11-29-2012, 08:59 AM

Who is going to plague us for years.

:kubepalm:

thunderkyss
11-29-2012, 09:02 AM

Screw that. The Colts have to worry about Matt Schaub twice a year.

I know that sounds ridiculous, but I had to throw that out there for all the guys who think we can't do better at the QB position.

Thorn
11-29-2012, 09:09 AM

Who's being snobby? Just because our team is better, we're smarter and better looking fans whose sh!t don't stink and our opinions are always right does not mean we're snobby. Hell, our cars, yards, and wet dreams are better than theirs and we drink better beer. :lol:

disaacks3
11-29-2012, 09:17 AM

The way our tackling has been, AP could have a career day against us. You'll let me know how bad the Texans rushing D is again first. And that's counting games with missing starters on Defense.

The Patriots have been absolutely brutalizing opponents. Almost flawlessly. You have to go back to the first few weeks of the season to see a Patriots team that stumbles enough to let the opponent have a crack at 'em. I suggest you re-watch some recent Pats games then, because that "almost flawlessly" team you speak of hasn't been on the field for them.

You're trolling. And it looks really pathetic, btw. Who's trolling here? You "doom and gloom" and someone called you out on it. Deal with it.

"Contain AP"...??
...with half our starting defense missing or gimpy?

I hope we can get up on the Vikings by a couple of TDs and make them go into passing mode. And even then AP isn't out of the picture. Even teams we haven't been up two TDs on have gone into passing mode against us. Right now, to NOT go after the Texans secondary is a mistake.

Don't anybody act like that was just existent in a vacuum. A bad team can kick any team's ass. Even our beloved Texans. Nope we see a team that keeps finding a way to win, you see a poor widdle struggling football team that can't fight their way out of a paper bag. Most of us aren't ignorant of the dire injury situation we're in, but the AFC is still the Texans to lose.

I'm beginning to think we're edging closer and closer to being that snobby fan of a great team that we always loathed. Beter that than what you're espousing on here. I think you're turning into the perpetual "I've got to point out all the bad things about a 10-1 team to be relevant" person. I'm a realist personally. You're still stuck in Texans of old mode and it shows. Dial it back a bit and we'll take you more seriously.

thunderkyss
11-29-2012, 09:25 AM

Last year the Patriots lost to Buffalo & still managed to get into the Super Bowl.

It's the same thing. Divisional games are just different.

Except the Patriots you mean, right?

Truthfully, I'm with you. I hope Jacksonville taught our guys a lesson & they bring it every snap. I want homefield through out. I think it's huge. & to be this close & not get it done would be a major let down.

Injuries & what not, are real & will provide an obstacle to getting it done. But I'd still be disappointed.

GP
11-29-2012, 09:26 AM
:spit:

Wow disaacks, axe to grind much? LOL.

Maybe I'm not the one who needs to "dial it back" tbh.

Take a breath. Look, I'll respond to your post in a second with a specially-crafted re-explanation of myself since I don't think you're really tuning into what i am saying on this whole topic of our remaining schedule and stuff.

GP
11-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Hey disaacks: I'd like you to go back to the following Game Day threads, please:

Jets game.

Bears game.

Jags game.

I didn't post, IIRC, in the Lions game because I was at in-laws house for it. But I felt the same way in that game I felt in the other three games aforementioned ^^^.

--------------

In those threads, people were wailing and gnashing teeth. Woe is me! It's the end! We suck! Yep, we deserve to lose. On and on and on....so many people were despondent as those games remained squeaky close throughout the game to the very end. Except I can say, honestly 100%, that in those games I never doubted we'd win. I just wondered HOW.

I'm not trying to brag here, I'm just saying that your attempt to paint me as a Doug Downer is patently incorrect. But you're obviously bent on portraying me that way, since I'm an easy target for that (i.e. GP doesn't pump sunshine like some Super Fans do). Fine. Have fun with it.

I don't doubt our team. In fact, I DO believe in our team. But I cannot and will not marginalize other NFL teams that I think pose somewhat of a challenge to us. With the Vikings, their running attack (if it gets going) it's nasty stuff on opposing defenses. With the Patriots, their passing game is lethal on opposing defenses. Run with one. Pass with the other one. Two teams, two different ways to beat up a defense.

I've seen us get gouged for runs of like 6, 10, and even 10+ yards A POP, so it's not exactly the dominating run defense it was a year ago. I've seen this secondary get toasted by a journeyman QB (Henne) on what was supposed to be a very weak Jags offense. Oops. Without a crucial fumble by the Bears' RB Bush, that game likely ends 13-10 in favor of Bears.

Super Bowl teams get the right bounces, for sure, but sometimes you just get beaten by either your own mistakes or by superior efforts of opponents. The Pats-Jets game was a combination of both of those. IF the Texans bring their best game, it'll be close and I expect to win it. If they slack and act like slugs, which frankly has been the norm the past month, then they're going to need help via Patriots mistakes.

If that makes me some sort of doofus like you are espousing, then ummm....yeah, OK. I've backed up my post with reasons why I think the way I think. I have no dog in any fight that involves trying to convert anyone to my thinking, either. It's just what I sense from having watched this whole season and looking at it as objectively as possible.

coltfan123
11-29-2012, 09:45 AM

Dont you think its a lil early to make that assumption? right now is a very emotinal time for this colts team. they are playing with purpose..maybe luck will hit rookie wall but ya we have gotten lucky with the QB postion lol

The Pencil Neck
11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Dont you think its a lil early to make that assumption? right now is a very emotinal time for this colts team. they are playing with purpose..maybe luck will hit rookie wall but ya we have gotten lucky with the QB postion lol

Yeah, I would have preferred you guys draft someone like... oh... let me think... Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker.

disaacks3
11-29-2012, 10:16 AM
:spit:

Wow disaacks, axe to grind much? LOL.

Maybe I'm not the one who needs to "dial it back" tbh.

Take a breath. Look, I'll respond to your post in a second with a specially-crafted re-explanation of myself since I don't think you're really tuning into what i am saying on this whole topic of our remaining schedule and stuff. I took a breath. You're the one with paragraphs-long rants about the woes of this team. Do you even bother to read half the stuff you post?

Hey disaacks: I'd like you to go back to the following Game Day threads, please:

Jets game.

Bears game.

Jags game.

I'm not trying to brag here, I'm just saying that your attempt to paint me as a Doug Downer is patently incorrect. But you're obviously bent on portraying me that way, since I'm an easy target for that (i.e. GP doesn't pump sunshine like some Super Fans do). Fine. Have fun with it. Those threads are irrelevant to the discussion that you brought forth in here. In the heat of the game, many will throw up a hue and cry about playcalling, but only a select few do so week after week, thread after thread, no matter the record.

Look up, read the thread title again. See that word Minnesota? Now scroll back through your posts...see that word Patriots? It doesn't belong in here. References to how you think the Patriots are playing "almost flawless ball" are not only laughable, but don't belong in this thread.

So, yes, we have quite clear, unmitigated proof that not only are you the debbie downer in THIS thread, but that you have an issue staying on topic as well. Feel free to keep proving the point. :kitten:

thunderkyss
11-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Without a crucial fumble by the Bears' RB Bush, that game likely ends 13-10 in favor of Bears.

Again, that fumble didn't just happen. Michael Bush isn't known for coughing it up. That was our defense that forced that fumble. So I don't think it's fair to our struggling defense to say things like, "without a crucial fumble" or "If Cutler didn't get hurt"

We did that, just like we allowed a 28 yard rushing TD.

GP
11-29-2012, 10:58 AM
I took a breath. You're the one with paragraphs-long rants about the woes of this team. Do you even bother to read half the stuff you post?

Those threads are irrelevant to the discussion that you brought forth in here. In the heat of the game, many will throw up a hue and cry about playcalling, but only a select few do so week after week, thread after thread, no matter the record.

Look up, read the thread title again. See that word Minnesota? Now scroll back through your posts...see that word Patriots? It doesn't belong in here. References to how you think the Patriots are playing "almost flawless ball" are not only laughable, but don't belong in this thread.

So, yes, we have quite clear, unmitigated proof that not only are you the debbie downer in THIS thread, but that you have an issue staying on topic as well. Feel free to keep proving the point. :kitten:

Playcalling is a problem. Herv sees it, among many others. It's been a signature problem for years now. Kubiak has become better at it, i.e. "less halfback passes near the end zone," but he's still a bit behind the curve when it comes to calling a complete game from start to finish.

I have no shame in blasting him for it. Especially since I give him mad props in a multitude of other areas: (1) His ability to understand and craft a GREAT offensive system, (2) His ability to take blame and deflect criticism of his players, (3) His ability to make people stick with him through thick and through thin, (4) His talent of picking great players to play within his system and maximize them in their roles. On and on and on.

Don't throw out a singular issue and try to say it negates everything else I've said. This makes you look like a Strawman Builder and Burner, disaacks. I don't know why you're going to these lengths to be this overly aggressive with me, but maybe you should watch less pro wrestling. Let the pro wrestlers storm down the aisle and interfere with the match, it doesn't look good here.

GP
11-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Again, that fumble didn't just happen. Michael Bush isn't known for coughing it up. That was our defense that forced that fumble. So I don't think it's fair to our struggling defense to say things like, "without a crucial fumble" or "If Cutler didn't get hurt"

We did that, just like we allowed a 28 yard rushing TD.

When you win because a kicker doinks one off the goal post. When you eek out a win because your defense got ran on and then coughed up the ball near the goal line just before a TD was going to be scored. When you can't stop a journeyman QB and a rookie WR from having a field day with your secondary. When things like that happen, you absolutely must look at that and think, "What would happen if we played a really REALLY good team like the Patriots?"

And with the Vikings, they're not a great team. For the life of me I don't know how the conversation here gets framed in a way that makes it sound like I think our team is trash and the Vikings are Too Legit To Quit superstars bound for the Super Bowl. LOL. All I am saying is that the winds are blowing, the injury bug has bitten us, and other teams have pride to play for...some have the #1 seed on their mind...so it's OK for a Texans fan to be a bit leery of both the Vikings and the Patriots and for different reasons.

thunderkyss
11-29-2012, 11:21 AM
When you win because a kicker doinks one off the goal post. When you eek out a win because your defense got ran on and then coughed up the ball near the goal line just before a TD was going to be scored. When you can't stop a journeyman QB and a rookie WR from having a field day with your secondary. When things like that happen, you absolutely must look at that and think, "What would happen if we played a really REALLY good team like the Patriots?"

I'm not denying we have issues. The post you quoted simply stated we forced that fumble you previously inferred we were lucky it happened.

Our kicker missed a field goal (or two or three), our pass rush went AWOL for much of the games. Our secondary struggled. All that's true, I'm not denying.

But we forced that fumble & we took Cutler out of the game.

GP
11-29-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm almost getting to the point where I think you and I hold very different opinions on if we should be worried about Minnesota. :thinking:

YOU: You say you watched them play a game and they sucked, so they aren't to be worried about.

ME: I said that I damn sure AM worried about the Vikings, specifically because of the trend of lackluster performances (despite our wins in those gut-check games) and that if AP doesn't worry a person then I don't know what to say. Never said that person is a bad word or an unintelligent person, just said that I don't know what to say because Adrian Peterson is capable of ruining your day single-handedly if allowed to. MJD is another one of those, as well.

YOU and ME Together: :slapfight:

So, and correct if I'm wrong (and Lawd knows you will indeed!) but I think it turned into you saying that I diss my team and build up others, with your tag team partner Hulk "Disaacks" Hogan storming our wrestling match and bashing me over the head with a steel chair when I wasn't looking. THAT was quite unexpected, but oh well. **** happens. Roll with it.

So ya know, Thunderkyss, despite always trying to engage in productive conversation with you, I'm beginning to feel all Al Pacino on this issue. "Just when I think I'm out...they PULL ME BACK IN!" - Godfather III.

Unsubscribed and hoping I've learned my lesson from it. :rake:

thunderkyss
11-29-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm almost getting to the point where I think you and I hold very different opinions on if we should be worried about Minnesota. :thinking:

YOU: You say you watched them play a game and they sucked, so they aren't to be worried about.

ME: I said that I damn sure AM worried about the Vikings,

I may be wrong, but I don't think I've stated any issue with your opinion of the Vikings & the threat they pose to us. If that's the way you feel, you have every right. & I respect that.

YOU and ME Together: :slapfight:

It does seem that way.

So, and correct if I'm wrong (and Lawd knows you will indeed!) but I think it turned into you saying that I diss my team and build up others,

See, here is where I think you make it too personal. I doubt I was the first one to disagree with you building up the Patriots & dissing the Texans. I'll look back through the thread & apologize if it's warranted, but I think all I added was that you discredit what our defense did to the Bears, Jags, & Lions.

We played poorly, I never denied that. But we forced the fumble against the Bears, we knocked Cutler out of the game (not that you said we didn't), we caused turnovers against the Jags & Lions.

I was just saying we should recognize the good with the bad.

So ya know, Thunderkyss, despite always trying to engage in productive conversation with you, I'm beginning to feel all Al Pacino on this issue. "Just when I think I'm out...they PULL ME BACK IN!" - Godfather III.

Unsubscribed and hoping I've learned my lesson from it. :rake:

I thought it was a pretty good discussion. Sorry if I don't agree with you 100%. I don't think I insulted you...

Actually, the last post of mine you quoted, I'm agreeing with you more than not, so this last post of yours is really coming out of left field to me.

thunderkyss
11-29-2012, 02:43 PM

er.. stay home.

Ok.... so maybe I was the first one to make light of your "NE the Super Power can't be beat unless they let up" on us post.

Couldn't help it.

Wolf
11-29-2012, 03:10 PM
I've seen us get gouged for runs of like 6, 10, and even 10+ yards A POP, so it's not exactly the dominating run defense it was a year ago. I've seen this secondary get toasted by a journeyman QB (Henne) on what was supposed to be a very weak Jags offense. Oops. Without a crucial fumble by the Bears' RB Bush, that game likely ends 13-10 in favor of Bears.

I agree with this plus as in the sloppy turf of the Bears game. The Texans drive where Kubiak made a key adjustment due to the ends going to the outside,we had adjusted the blocking and Foster gouged them by cutting inside and got the Rd.

Football is a game of chess,not every move is perfect and some moves are setting up others.

JCTexan
11-29-2012, 03:18 PM

That goes for every team including the Patriots. If Stephen Hill catches a pass in New England's OT win against NYJ they likely lose that game. That's not to mention they've lost games they should have won (Arizona, Seattle). The Patriots aren't invincible.

The Ravens have a few games of their own that they could have easily lost that they ended up winning. Their game against the Patriots is one (I still can't tell if Tucker made that FG), their game against San Diego this past Sunday is another.

The Broncos didn't look too good against Kansas City this week, and they have only beaten one team with a winning record during their six game winning streak (Cin). People seem convinced that they're the team to beat. Why? They've beaten Carolina, KC, NO, and SD (x2) recently. They're 0-3 against the elite teams they've played (NE, Hou, Atl).

If the Texans have a sluggish game against any of these teams they will likely lose it, but that goes for every team once the playoffs start. The Packers went 15-1 during the regular season last year and lost to a 9-7 NYG team. The same thing can happen to the Texans or any other team in the NFL. That is the beauty of this league. One bad game can ruin everything.

coltfan123
11-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I would have preferred you guys draft someone like... oh... let me think... Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker.

Im sure once shaub retires youll draft the next tomy brady and win many superbowls:P and the tables will turn

Norg
11-29-2012, 05:11 PM
at this point of the season everyteamfor the texans these last 6 weeks will be a tough battle its the NFL

76Texan
11-29-2012, 05:23 PM
That goes for every team including the Patriots. If Stephen Hill catches a pass in New England's OT win against NYJ they likely lose that game. That's not to mention they've lost games they should have won (Arizona, Seattle). The Patriots aren't invincible.

The Ravens have a few games of their own that they could have easily lost that they ended up winning. Their game against the Patriots is one (I still can't tell if Tucker made that FG), their game against San Diego this past Sunday is another.

The Broncos didn't look too good against Kansas City this week, and they have only beaten one team with a winning record during their six game winning streak (Cin). People seem convinced that they're the team to beat. Why? They've beaten Carolina, KC, NO, and SD (x2) recently. They're 0-3 against the elite teams they've played (NE, Hou, Atl).

If the Texans have a sluggish game against any of these teams they will likely lose it, but that goes for every team once the playoffs start. The Packers went 15-1 during the regular season last year and lost to a 9-7 NYG team. The same thing can happen to the Texans or any other team in the NFL. That is the beauty of this league. One bad game can ruin everything.

thunderkyss
11-29-2012, 05:56 PM
We didn't play our best game but managed to win. Actually, two games in a row our defense suffered.

The chances that we can beat an elite team like New England (elite, because they've been one of the better teams in the league for a long time now) is slim. The chances that New England will also have an off day @ home, even slimmer.

So the question many of us are really wondering is "Can Wade fix this in such a short time?"

The cards appear to be stacked against him. Our first clue will be Sunday in Tennessee. That won't answer all the questions, but it's all we got.

b0ng
11-29-2012, 06:55 PM
We didn't play our best game but managed to win. Actually, two games in a row our defense suffered.

The chances that we can beat an elite team like New England (elite, because they've been one of the better teams in the league for a long time now) is slim. The chances that New England will also have an off day @ home, even slimmer.

So the question many of us are really wondering is "Can Wade fix this in such a short time?"

The cards appear to be stacked against him. Our first clue will be Sunday in Tennessee. That won't answer all the questions, but it's all we got.

How are the chances slim? Do you honestly believe that Wade is going to let his defense fall off of a cliff in the last 6 weeks of the season? If not, then do you believe that we can't win shoot-outs? I don't understand how we can be the most dominant team in the AFC yet only have a slim chance against other elite teams.

thunderkyss
11-29-2012, 07:29 PM
How are the chances slim? Do you honestly believe that Wade is going to let his defense fall off of a cliff in the last 6 weeks of the season? If not, then do you believe that we can't win shoot-outs? I don't understand how we can be the most dominant team in the AFC yet only have a slim chance against other elite teams.

I think the deck is stacked against him because we're getting low on LBs.

Cushing..... out
Reed........ out
Dobbins.... questionable ?
James..... out ?
Adding to the trouble (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/wires/11/28/2020.ap.fbn.texans.linebackers.1st.ld.writethru.07 60/index.html), inside linebacker Bradie James, who has started every game for Houston this season, is day to day with a hamstring injury.

Sharpton just got back from injury.

Then Jjo.... questionable?

Just trying to set the stage. If Wade can get these guys to look like the guys who started the season.... then he's all that & a bag of chips.

Wolf
11-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Honestly i would love a blow out win but with the mistakes it gives Kubiak and wade sin room to teach

Texan_Bill
11-29-2012, 08:07 PM
The "Mall of America" scared the ever-living sh!te out of me. My ex and I went to visit her Great Grandmother in western Wisconsin but of course she had to drag me to that crap where we flew into Minneapolis....

Vikings? Meh, not so much.

b0ng
11-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Here is one minute of why I'm not worried about Minnesota (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6dfeYSrXM)