PDA

View Full Version : Just want to point out how ironic this is.

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 02:43 PM
The play before Forsetts 81 Yard TD Kevin Walter was tackled clearly before the ball got to him which would of been a 20 yard gain, it was Pass Interference. It pissed me off pretty bad especially since we were trailing by 10 points to an offense we couldnt stop all day.

Apparently the refs blew 2 calls in a row. The first missed call that hurt us was def cancled out by the 2nd blown call.

Just wanted to say "isnt it ironic"

dream_team
11-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Ironic... or blessing in disguise?

Playoffs
11-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Easily PI there.

Forsett made a veteran play there, running until he heard the whistle and potentially giving us a W. (Even if the call/rule suck.)

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Easily PI there.

Forsett made a veteran play there, running until he heard the whistle and potentially giving us a W. (Even if the call/rule suck.)

Pretty sure they have already changed that rule now haha

thunderkyss
11-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Just wanted to say "isnt it ironic"

I don't think that's what "ironic" means.

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't think that's what "ironic" means.

Ironic that they didnt call pass intererence on them and it pissed me off, and the very next play they re pay us with a 81 yard TD.

That is irony

thunderkyss
11-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Ironic that they didnt call pass intererence on them and it pissed me off, and the very next play they re pay us with a 81 yard TD.

That is irony

Not really.

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Not really.

Ironically i dont think you know what ironic means, isnt that ironic.

Ironically if my name was 76 you would agree with me :splits:

Just poking 76 dont get your feelings hurt.

Pollardized
11-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Not really.

Yes really.

He is saying its ironic that the "missed call" that supposedly gave Texans the game followed an obviously missed PI call.

Ironic.

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Yes really.

He is saying its ironic that the "missed call" that supposedly gave Texans the game followed an obviously missed PI call.

Ironic.

Thank you, man the american education system is really going to **** :pinned:

SheTexan
11-24-2012, 06:36 PM

So is this MB! I truly DETEST message board grammar nazi's!! :pissed:

Sarcasm over what's "ironic" and what's NOT??!! Geeeeezzzz guys, give it a break! If ya want to pick on someone, go find NORG!:)

thunderkyss
11-24-2012, 06:42 PM

Now that's ironic.

76Texan
11-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Now that's ironic.

I see what you did there :)

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Now that's ironic.

Not really The chinese and japenese go to school like 360 days a year our kids get maybe what 215 ?

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 06:46 PM
I see what you did there :)

tell my 2 degrees that :doot: american degrees none the less :mariopalm:

NastyNate
11-24-2012, 06:46 PM
I chuckle when I think about Jim Schwartz mocking Jim Harbaugh last year for not knowing that exact rule.

ObsiWan
11-24-2012, 06:47 PM
So is this MB! I truly DETEST message board grammar nazi's!! :pissed:

Sarcasm over what's "ironic" and what's NOT??!! Geeeeezzzz guys, give it a break! If ya want to pick on someone, go find NORG!:)

This is what happens when we play on Thursday and there's no game to look forward to (or agonize over) tomorrow. We have to critique sommmething.
:truck:

you know I almost made this a grammar-nazi nazi post. :D

ObsiWan
11-24-2012, 07:08 PM
What is not ironic is everyone making such a big deal over that play, like it cost the Lions the game.

They just assume we wouldn't have scored anyway?

I believe we score that series no matter what so all it did was leave more time on the clock ... for both teams.

You know, I've had this opinion since this mess came up. I think we would have gotten the TD anyway myself.

dc_txtech
11-24-2012, 07:11 PM
You know, I've had this opinion since this mess came up. I think we would have gotten the TD anyway myself.

This definitely crossed my mind but would provide me no solace if I was a Lions fan.

thunderkyss
11-24-2012, 07:19 PM
tell my 2 degrees that :doot: american degrees none the less :mariopalm:

Yet it still went over your head.

Allstar
11-24-2012, 07:25 PM
What is not ironic is everyone making such a big deal over that play, like it cost the Lions the game.

They just assume we wouldn't have scored anyway?

I believe we score that series no matter what so all it did was leave more time on the clock ... for both teams.

Even if we don't score, we flip the field and it changes the game as far as field position. Who knows what happens.

thunderkyss
11-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Even if we don't score, we flip the field and it changes the game as far as field position. Who knows what happens.

& Detroit had plenty of opportunities to win the game in regulation & OT in spite of that play.

What's ironic, is how some of the same people are saying that play didn't cost Detroit the game said the Jacoby muffed punt within the first 6 minutes of the first Qtr cost us a play-off game.

That's not really irony unless you're using the definition that produced this thread.

drs23
11-24-2012, 07:52 PM
I chuckle when I think about Jim Schwartz mocking Jim Harbaugh last year for not knowing that exact rule.

:kitten: Is THAT ironic? :kitten:

:D

thunderkyss
11-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
:kitten: Is THAT ironic? :kitten:

:D

Let's see. Schwartz acts like a butt when the opposing coach throws a challenge flag when he shouldn't have. He taunts the opposing coach with, "Know the Rules!!" shouted several times across the field. Detroit loses that game

A year later said coach commits the same penalty as the opposing coach from above. Schwartz later claims that he know the rule. Since Schwartz knows the rule, it cannot be ironic. He's just a hot head whose emotions got the best of him.

However, it is plausible to say that Schwartz did not truly understand the intricacies of the rule & was simply taunting Harbaugh last year to be a butt... His actions can be used as proof that he in fact did not "know" the rule, so yes, we can say this is ironic.

As an aside, it is ironic that there is a song titled, "Isn't it ironic" that is not.

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Yet it still went over your head.

No sir it did not. You were saying it was ironic i was downing the american education system "cause" i'm dumb.....no other way you could of really meant it that would of made sense.

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Let's see. Schwartz acts like a butt when the opposing coach throws a challenge flag when he shouldn't have. He taunts the opposing coach with, "Know the Rules!!" shouted several times across the field. Detroit loses that game

A year later said coach commits the same penalty as the opposing coach from above. Schwartz later claims that he know the rule. Since Schwartz knows the rule, it cannot be ironic. He's just a hot head whose emotions got the best of him.

However, it is plausible to say that Schwartz did not truly understand the intricacies of the rule & was simply taunting Harbaugh last year to be a butt... His actions can be used as proof that he in fact did not "know" the rule, so yes, we can say this is ironic.

As an aside, it is ironic that there is a song titled, "Isn't it ironic" that is not.

DUDE really ??? It is ironic he taunts a coach for doing it, and then he does it and "most people will say" cost his team the game.

I dont think you understand the true meaning of ironic, maybe you shoul ask Alanis Morissette :whip:

thunderkyss
11-24-2012, 08:44 PM
No sir it did not. You were saying it was ironic i was downing the american education system "cause" i'm dumb.....no other way you could of really meant it that would of made sense.

I would never call you dumb. That's not my style. But you get the gist. It's about pointing to the American education system & your original example of irony.

DUDE really ??? It is ironic he taunts a coach for doing it, and then he does it and "most people will say" cost his team the game.

I dont think you understand the true meaning of ironic, maybe you shoul ask Alanis Morissette :whip:

Yes, it is ironic. I'm just trying to give some insight to help others understand what irony is.

If that action caused him to lose the game it is not ironic because he lost the original game.

To say "Know the rules" & his actions show that he doesn't know the rules, that is ironic. But he said he knows the rules & a logical person would believe he knows the rule.

To say "know the rules" & he does the same thing, it is ironic, because "knowing the rules" obviously does not preclude someone from throwing the flag, since he should obviously know the rule yet threw the flag anyway.

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 08:46 PM
I would never call you dumb. That's not my style. But you get the gist. It's about pointing to the American education system & your original example of irony.

Yes, it is ironic. I'm just trying to give some insight to help others understand what irony is.

If that action caused him to lose the game it is not ironic because he lost the original game.

To say "Know the rules" & his actions show that he doesn't know the rules, that is ironic. But he said he knows the rules & a logical person would believe he knows the rule.

To say "know the rules" & he does the same thing, it is ironic, because "knowing the rules" obviously does not preclude someone from throwing the flag, since he should obviously know the rule yet threw the flag anyway.

yes yes i know. amazing how this thread has turned into a debate about the meaning of irony.

Allstar
11-24-2012, 08:48 PM
:kubepalm:

infantrycak
11-24-2012, 08:48 PM
One more damned irony post and this thread is closed.

EllisUnit
11-24-2012, 08:50 PM

:whip: now thats ironic. JK :) dont close, or do i think this thread has lost my initial point anyways

Playoffs
11-24-2012, 08:57 PM

Thank you. Sheesh.

TexansFanatic
11-25-2012, 12:43 AM

http://afeatheradrift.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/bart.jpg

Corrosion
11-25-2012, 12:56 AM

Isnt it ironic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GuOceSJWas) .... :gamer:

Lock this mofo :cutthroat:

Premier
11-25-2012, 03:01 AM
I thought ironic meant made up entirely of iron.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1998_The_King_of_Queens_(TV_Series)/1998_the_king_of_queens_025.jpg

EllisUnit
11-25-2012, 07:50 AM
http://afeatheradrift.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/bart.jpg

:spit:

Dutchrudder
11-25-2012, 10:46 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Ironic_ebb6d9_2767982.jpg

Pollardized
11-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Isn't it ironic that Chris hasn't locked this thread yet??? :kitten:

Dutchrudder
11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Isn't it ironic that Chris hasn't locked this thread yet??? :kitten:

Isn't it ironic that my name is also Chris?

Hardcore Texan
11-25-2012, 05:16 PM
It's like rain on your wedding day. It's a free ride when you've already paid. It's the good advice that you just didn't take, who would've thought it figures.