PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Reed out 3-4 weeks

TEXANS84
11-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Brooks Reed out 3-4 weeks according to Bleacherreport flash news.

More info when I recieve it. Pulled Groin.

76Texan
11-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Brooks Reed out 3-4 weeks according to Bleacherreport flash news.

More info when I recieve it. Pulled Groin.

I thought Kubiak said they won't know until Monday?

The Pencil Neck
11-23-2012, 03:32 PM
I thought Kubiak said they won't know until Monday?

Two words: Bleacher Report.

Move along... nothing to see.

76Texan
11-23-2012, 03:33 PM

ChampionTexan just post a link to NFL.com

Greg Rosenthal reports it

The Pencil Neck
11-23-2012, 03:36 PM
ChampionTexan just post a link to NFL.com

Greg Rosenthal reports it

OK. Now there's something to see.

If I'm not mistaken, I saw them playing Braman at OLB in rotation with Mercilus and Barwin.

76Texan
Link is in Allan Ball's thread. I don't know how to do it from my phone.

Ryan
By the way he's played this season I wouldn't have even known he's been active this entire time. Next man up.

76Texan
11-23-2012, 03:38 PM
By the way he's played this season I wouldn't have even known he's been active this entire time. Next man up.

LOL.

Funny. But it's kinda cruel to kick the guy when he's down.

ChampionTexan
11-23-2012, 03:38 PM

Here it is.
The Houston Texans defense continues to take big hits. NFL.com's Albert Breer reports Brooks Reed will miss 3-4 weeks with a groin injury. He won't require surgery.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000099685/article/brooks-reed-of-houston-texans-out-34-weeks?campaign=Twitter_atl)

ObsiWan
11-23-2012, 03:39 PM

Here it is (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000099685/article/brooks-reed-of-houston-texans-out-34-weeks?campaign=Twitter_atl)

The Houston Texans (http://www.nfl.com/teams/houstontexans/profile?team=HOU) defense continues to take big hits. NFL.com's Albert Breer reports Brooks Reed (http://www.nfl.com/player/brooksreed/2495218/profile) will miss three to four weeks with a groin injury. He won't require surgery.

IDEXAN
11-23-2012, 03:39 PM
If you've ever pulled a groin, you know 3 to 4 weeks is a conservative estimate.
And then of course since he can't run during that period, he will lose his conditioning. Maybe with a bye week he'll be ready to go in the playoffs which would be mid-January.

Ryan
11-23-2012, 03:42 PM
LOL.

Funny. But it's kinda cruel to kick the guy when he's down.

Don't mean to do that. I like Brooks, he just hasn't brought his game this year. At the least i see Barwin making some contributions in other areas, where Brooks Reed just sort of fades into the dust on most of his plays. Those who have been asking for more Mercilus time are about to get it.

Allstar
11-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Looks like drafting Merci was a great decision.

Thorn
11-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Folks have been asking for more Merciless and Braman, they're fixing to get it.

TEXANS84
11-23-2012, 03:51 PM

Fail.

76Texan
11-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Don't mean to do that. I like Brooks, he just hasn't brought his game this year. At the least i see Barwin making some contributions in other areas, where Brooks Reed just sort of fades into the dust on most of his plays. Those who have been asking for more Mercilus time are about to get it.

I know you didn't mean to do it.

I guess the silver lining here is the Mercilus draft.
I hope he steps up big time.

76Texan
11-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Folks have been asking for more Merciless and Braman, they're fixing to get it.

How do we see more of Merci if we're merciless ? :)

GP
11-23-2012, 03:57 PM
It's time unleash the WTAMU Buffalo: Braman.

http://www.wtamu.edu/webres/Image/Site%20Pictures/Herdsmen/Thunder.jpg

SheTexan
11-23-2012, 03:58 PM

I've found BR to be more accurate than most posters on this board! Sorry if that hurts some of you guys iddy biddy feelings!! BUT, truth hurts!

Lucky
11-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Braman may have the best edge speed of any of the olbs. I think the Texans lose something versus the run but may get a better pass rush with Mercilus and Braman.

Thorn
11-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Braman may have the best edge speed of any of the olbs. I think the Texans lose something versus the run but may get a better pass rush with Mercilus and Braman.

I always kind of liked Braman. The guy looks and plays like rabid dog.

beerlover
11-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Hopefully Mercilus is ready to play same as his name suggests creating the luxury of allowing Brooks Reed to fully recover just in time for playoffs!

steelbtexan
11-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Barwin will probably be moving to the SAM, which should suit him better with his added weight.

steelbtexan
11-23-2012, 04:29 PM
If you've ever pulled a groin, you know 3 to 4 weeks is a conservative estimate.
And then of course since he can't run during that period, he will lose his conditioning. Maybe with a bye week he'll be ready to go in the playoffs which would be mid-January.

Hope he makes it back.

Making it back fully healthy for the playoffs is far from a certainty.

rolyat93
11-23-2012, 04:30 PM
3-4 weeks is good news, when I first saw it I thought it was season-threatening. Hopefully he's back for games 15 or 16 and he's full speed by playoff-time.

76Texan
11-23-2012, 04:38 PM
3-4 weeks is good news, when I first saw it I thought it was season-threatening. Hopefully he's back for games 15 or 16 and he's full speed by playoff-time.

Hopefully he will have a couple games in before the Play-offs.
Hopefully we clinch the number one seed before then, too. :):gamer:

JCTexan
11-23-2012, 04:38 PM
So will Houston have three new starting LB's with Reed, Dobbins and James all possibly being out? How will Merciless, Rudd & Sharpton do filling in?

ChampionTexan
11-23-2012, 04:44 PM

Well, I'm the one that posted it in another thread, and I made the disclaimer that I couldn't swear to the accuracy of it, but it was out there (I'll never forget the John Clayton injury report regarding Kevin Walter).

Tania Ganguli's got an article on Chron.com in which she describes it as "at least" 3-4 weeks, plus she's also got this out there on her twitter account:

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

Reed could be out up to 6 weeks. Even if it takes that long, he should be back for the playoffs. #Texans

76Texan
11-23-2012, 04:52 PM
So will Houston have three new starting LB's with Reed, Dobbins and James all possibly being out? How will Merciless, Rudd & Sharpton do filling in?

I think they will be OK; they just have to.

Rudd made a couple of good plays.
Sharpston is getting back in playing shape.
And Merci had shown some flash.
Braman also has some burst and Nading has plenty of experience.

We just need all the guys to come back for the play-offs, or as many as possible.

NastyNate
11-23-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't know what the big deal is, I pulled my groin just yesterday... for a good half hour. Felt amazing.

ObsiWan
11-23-2012, 05:54 PM
i don't know what the big deal is, i pulled my groin just yesterday... For a good half hour. Felt amazing.
t.
m.
i.

TexansFanatic
11-23-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't know what the big deal is, I pulled my groin just yesterday... for a good half hour. Felt amazing.

http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Obbms.gif

NastyNate
11-23-2012, 06:01 PM
t.
m.
i.

I was just checking the elasticity.

ThaShark316
11-23-2012, 06:03 PM

I had my groin pulled by a white woman last night.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7569/kobelol.png

CloakNNNdagger
11-23-2012, 06:27 PM

IDEXAN, I would tend to agree with your synopsis. What I posted immediately after it happened.

From where he grabbed, he evidently has suffered an adductor muscle tear. As much acute pain that he demonstrated, it will not be a minor 1st degree tear. It is either a 2nd degree tear or 3rd degree complete rupture. I would be surprised if this is not at least a 4+ week recovery. In one study, as high as 40 % of players with this more severe degree of injury have not been able to see the field by the 20th week. We will know more after an MRI.

I would still stand by this. If the Texans are being straight, it sounds like he has suffered a significant 2nd degree tear. With a supposed 3rd degree tear that you know that surgery will lead to IR ruled out, you are still left with the concern of trying to push too hard too quickly, a notorious reason specifically in the case of this type of injury for recovery being set back (even greater than hamstring injuries)......a reason why many of the 40% couldn't get back on the field by the 20th week.

TexansFanatic
11-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I had my groin pulled by a white woman last night.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7569/kobelol.png

How much did that cost you?

:kitten:

edwardc5637
11-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Lets just hope there all ready to play when the time comes to go to work.

Rey
11-23-2012, 07:20 PM
It's time unleash the WTAMU Buffalo: Braman.

http://www.wtamu.edu/webres/Image/Site%20Pictures/Herdsmen/Thunder.jpg

This.

Wolf
11-23-2012, 07:39 PM
IDEXAN, I would tend to agree with your synopsis. What I posted immediately after it happened.

I would still stand by this. If the Texans are being straight, it sounds like he has suffered a significant 2nd degree tear. With a supposed 3rd degree tear that you know that surgery will lead to IR ruled out, you are still left with the concern of trying to push too hard too quickly, a notorious reason specifically in the case of this type of injury for recovery being set back (even greater than hamstring injuries)......a reason why many of the 40% couldn't get back on the field by the 20th week.
I saw what you posted yesterday and honestly trust your view points even without the official statements

NitroGSXR
11-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Yeah right... In Texans lingo, 3-4 weeks means he's out for the year. I do NOT trust one thing that comes out of the Texans. Or even their silence. They haven't come clean regarding Cody either.

I bet Smith and Kubiak are great chess players.

MEGA SWATT
11-23-2012, 10:34 PM
I hate to see any of our guys get hurt. Glad he'll be able to come back this season.

ChampionTexan
11-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah right... In Texans lingo, 3-4 weeks means he's out for the year. I do NOT trust one thing that comes out of the Texans. Or even their silence. They haven't come clean regarding Cody either.

First of all, I don't believe the Texans have said anything official. All of the information I've seen is from the infamous "person with knowledge of the situation".

We'll see what they do with his roster spot. If he's truly out for the year, and they know it, they can't afford not to IR him and free up a spot. I think if they put him on IR with the right to return, he could come back for the Super Bowl (if my math is right). On one hand, that's kind of assuming you're gonna get to the Super Bowl - on the other hand, this would be the last week they could designate someone to return, so if they don't use it, it just goes away.

Bottom line if what you say is true (and I'm not as skeptical as you are), there's no way they will let him stay on the 53 man roster and simply take up a spot.

NitroGSXR
11-23-2012, 10:47 PM
We'll see what they do with his roster spot. If he's truly out for the year, and they know it, they can't afford not to IR him and free up a spot. I think if they put him on IR with the right to return, he could come back for the Super Bowl (if my math is right). On one hand, that's kind of assuming you're gonna get to the Super Bowl - on the other hand, this would be the last week they could designate someone to return, so if they don't use it, it just goes away.

Bottom line if what you say is true (and I'm going on the record saying I disagree with it), there's no way they will let him stay on the 53 man roster and simply take up space.

Nothing I said is true. I was being sarcastic and speaking with a lot of distrust. I have learned not to believe anything the Texans say regarding injuries over the years then my recent experience regarding the Cody injury just solidified that to the max.

They're liars and I think like it. Not too sure though.

ChampionTexan
11-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Nothing I said is true. I was being sarcastic and speaking with a lot of distrust. I have learned not to believe anything the Texans say regarding injuries over the years then my recent experience regarding the Cody injury just solidified that to the max.

They're liars and I think like it. Not too sure though.

Yeah, I edited a couple of things after you quoted it, but at this point, I don't believe the Texans have actually said anything anyway - everything is "sources".

steelbtexan
11-23-2012, 10:56 PM

Repped

I heard Cody almost died.

NitroGSXR
11-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Repped

You heard right. I'm still dismayed at how nothing has broken news-wise other than some message board schmoe.

The Pencil Neck
11-23-2012, 11:12 PM
I've found BR to be more accurate than most posters on this board! Sorry if that hurts some of you guys iddy biddy feelings!! BUT, truth hurts!

Well, if you've got a zillion guys claiming every possible outcome to every possible thing, they're bound to hit occasionally. The Bleacher Report is mostly just people giving their opinions and they have no more and no less importance than anyone else's opinions.

It doesn't hurt my iddy biddy feelings that they got this one right but there's no way I was going to take something from the Bleacher Report as accurate until there was another, more trustworthy, source.

JPPT1974
11-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Well at least he will be back either late in the last game or during the playoffs.

MEGA SWATT
11-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Repped

^^^
MOAR Please....

ThaJokaa
11-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Time to show NO MERCY!!

klockWork
11-24-2012, 12:37 AM
From watching games video of Merci this season I actually thinks he will have a bigger impact on rushing the QB than Reed and Barwin. He doesn't run himself out the pocket like those two. He likes to take the shortest route to the QB with bullrush and rips. And if they step up in the pocket to ovoid an outside rush, Merci will be in a good position get a sack.

What I worry most from him is his inexperience in coverage and his run recognition and edge control. That run in the Jax OT nearly cost us the game because he failed to seal the left side edge.

steelbtexan
11-24-2012, 12:59 AM
Time to show NO MERCY!!

PM Nitro he's got the inside skinny on that one.

What I do know is that Cody has 3 broken ribs and the Texans docs let him go back into the game. Later on that night a trip to the emergency room was in order.

steelbtexan
11-24-2012, 01:03 AM
Time to show NO MERCY!!

What I do know is that Cody has 3 broken ribs and the Texans docs let him go back into the game. Later on that night a trip to the emergency room was in order.

Whoops I quoted the wrong person this was meant for Mega Swatt.

NitroGSXR
11-24-2012, 01:16 AM

All I will divulge is what I said in the Cody thread.

And he went to the emergency room the next day.

:cool:

Goldensilence
11-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Man, our LB corps is the walking wounded right now.

drs23
11-24-2012, 10:03 AM
First of all, I don't believe the Texans have said anything official. All of the information I've seen is from the infamous "person with knowledge of the situation".

Bottom line if what you say is true (and I'm not as skeptical as you are), there's no way they will let him stay on the 53 man roster and simply take up a spot.

I don't *think* we can do that. IIRC each team is allowed to designate 1 player per season for this "special IR". Pretty sure we burned ours on Sharpton. Please correct me if I'm not recalling correctly. :tiphat:

ChampionTexan
11-24-2012, 10:05 AM
I don't *think* we can do that. IIRC each team is allowed to designate 1 player per season for this "special IR". Pretty sure we burned ours on Sharpton. Please correct me if I'm not recalling correctly. :tiphat:

Sharpton was on reserve PUP. Similar, but different.

drs23
11-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Sharpton was on reserve PUP. Similar, but different.

Thank you sir. :tiphat:

I DO need to bone up on these new rules.

thunderkyss
11-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Looks like drafting Merci was a great decision.

It was the only decision.

They weren't going to sign Mario. Brooks had an exceptional, yet spotty rookie season. Sophomore slump was a major concern. Barwin had one good year, again it was spotty. Many questioned his ability to repeat.

Jj Watt, again the sophomore slump was looming. I think him repeating his rookie season was the most unlikely.

We had too many "maybe they can repeat" situations going on to not put another egg in the basket.

Yes, I was wrong about Watt being able to repeat, heck he's far exceeded his 2011 production. Dude's amazing. But the point is, Barwin & Reed have not repeated, or even come close to their 2011 production. 2 out of three of our DL production disappeared.

Drafting Merci, in the first round, as an impact player, was a no brainer, had to be done.

gary
11-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Injuries are a part of the game and teams win the Super Bowl regardless.

CloakNNNdagger
11-24-2012, 11:11 AM

You are correct, sir. McGahee, following the tearing of his "knee ligament" was "designated" on November 21st and will be eligible to play in any games after Jan. 16, which leaves only the AFC Championship Game and Super Bowl on the NFL schedule.

Norg
11-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Now we get to see more of the caveman Barmen

ChampionTexan
11-24-2012, 01:03 PM

Barwin played every defensive snap against the Lions. Tough to see more than that.

Or perhaps you meant Braman - in which case all I can say is sometimes typing inability matters.

Thorn
11-24-2012, 07:33 PM

Well, Braman is 3rd string for a reason, but yeah, I'd love to see the caveman kick some ass.