PDA

View Full Version : Brice McCain

thunderkyss
11-23-2012, 01:29 PM
I mentioned in another thread, that Brice McCain almost lost the game for us.... I didn't mean that literally. I was referring to some of the plays he didn't make.

He doesn't get a lot of attention, we have so many other players to talk about, that we don't really talk about McCain very much.

Yes he gave up some plays. But he also made several that kept us in the game. At times I get a little frustrated about the guy, but by the end of the game I think he's earned his keep.

What do you think?

NitroGSXR
11-23-2012, 01:33 PM
I like McCain but if a viable opportunity to upgrade presents itself... you take it. I don't think he's as bad as some folks have made him out to be but he has certainly struggled lately.

jradMIT
11-23-2012, 01:35 PM
I thought Harris would push McCain, but he still seems to be in the Dog house.

Carr Bombed
11-23-2012, 01:36 PM
He has not been very good this season.. at least not to the standard that he usually plays at. Last season I thought he was one of the best nickle guys in the league, he hasn't come close to that this season.

And what the hell is up with our 2nd round pick Brandon Harris? Is he a bust? I only ask this, because he's a high draft pick and he can never get on the field unless there's a injury.

Mr teX
11-23-2012, 01:40 PM
McCain is getting exposed this year.

He's too small to cover big WR's and he's not a very good tackler.......evidenced by yesterday when Broyles broke his weak arm tackle & proceeded to rip off 20 more yards for a 30+ yard pass play........when it should've went for only like 8.

He can't even match up with guys that he's supposed to match up with...short and quick guys as Stokley's older than dirt ass tore his ass up in the Denver game.

At this rate, i don't think i can watch the Pats game b/c Edelman's likely going to make him his ^&*(#.

wolf123
11-23-2012, 01:57 PM
The last two weeks he has been terrible..:polevault:

kiwitexansfan
11-23-2012, 05:23 PM
McCain was AWFUL the year before Phillips arrived, the beginning of this year he seemed to have made strides.

Perhaps offenses are starting to find him again on D.

Unfortunately not all 53 players can be great. Hopefully he keeps working hard and he will show the same growth that KJ has.

silentassassin
11-23-2012, 06:18 PM
McCain was AWFUL the year before Phillips arrived, the beginning of this year he seemed to have made strides.

Perhaps offenses are starting to find him again on D.

Unfortunately not all 53 players can be great. Hopefully he keeps working hard and he will show the same growth that KJ has.

This is key. As deep as some NFL teams are, there are still weaknesses.

The good thing is that this team has found ways to win despite having some of these weaknesses exploited (the most significant being health).

Seasick Sailor
11-23-2012, 07:22 PM
His inability to cover a TE concerns me.

I do not expect him to cover our opponent's WR1 or WR2, but Scheffler beat him consistently yesterday. If we can't count on him to cover a TE, we may be in trouble against teams like NE and ATl.

TheMatrix31
11-23-2012, 07:34 PM
He's awful. Utterly awful. Thank goodness he did a couple things yesterday to help but he did way more to frustrate.

He's gotta go.

Hervoyel
11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
McCain is indeed awful. Petey Faggins sits at home and watches Brice McCain on TV and briefly considers coming out of retirement.

For that matter I watch Brice McCain and wish we had Petey Faggins phone number. He's that bad.

I know they can't all be starter quality but he's getting eaten alive and what's worse Brandon Harris is apparently so bad that he can't get past Brice McCain on the depth chart. We need to focus on the secondary in the upcoming draft. I'd spend it all on CB's and OL if it was up to me.

aussie_texan
11-23-2012, 09:20 PM
i really hope some reports start asking about harris? something has to be going on there, either they are slowly developing him or his just terrible.
but the fanbase deserves some answers on harris

PapaL
11-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Roc Carmichael. I had hopes for that dude. Thought he could push for PT this year. Nothing.

Scooter
11-23-2012, 09:39 PM
what happened to him? mccain was great last season in the slot, one of the toughest jobs there is and he held up really well. this year is completely different, he's rarely in the vicinity of his man and as said earlier is not tackling well at all. i dont know that i'm ready to give up on him yet because we've seen talent from him, but mccain definitely needs to step it up.