PDA

View Full Version : So what have we learned thru 11 games?

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Kubiak can't call plays, manage a game or coordinate his socks.
Schaub is a noodle armed non-leader, non-clutch QB.
AJ is washed up.
Foster's vegan butt goes down if someone imitates the Watt finger waggle at him.
The team has no heart and is lazy.

Oh and we are 10-1.

Gottverdammt b!tching is getting a little ridiculous. Everything isn't perfect, it never is, but damn get some perspective.

Showtime100
11-22-2012, 08:40 PM
I think we've learved the Teaxans fans will will nervous, no matter

TexanBacker93
11-22-2012, 08:43 PM
We're lucky we play a weak schedule or we'd be looking at a top 10 pick.
This team can't win every game by 30 so it will be a short playoff run.

mariowillshine15
11-22-2012, 08:43 PM
The Texans play their butt off and never give up.

And the kicker with the game on the line scares the crap out of me.

toronto
11-22-2012, 08:45 PM

I am stunned at the negativity I have seen here.

You are ****ing 10-1. The last several games with no Cushing either. 5-0 on the road. Demolished Baltimore.

If this team has that much to still prove to you, then stop watching, because how you can't find joy in how special your team is and how frigging hard it is to go 10-1, then NOTHING is good enough for you.

As William Shatner said it on SNL to Trek fans...get a life will you people?

Thorn
11-22-2012, 08:53 PM
I think some folks are just so used to bitching about how bad the Texans are, they can't stop. Years of disappointments as Oiler and Texans fans can do that I suppose.

But damn. We got the best record in football right now. The team is banged up and missing players and still wins.

It's ****ing Thanksgiving. The Texans won and the Cowgirls lost. How the hell is there anything negative about that?

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 08:55 PM
If we're spread out on D we got problems. Our O is average. That's the story. Watt is a beast

PapaL
11-22-2012, 08:58 PM
I learned that Ball is a BEAST. If we had 11 Balls we'd be a more rounded team of beasts.

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 08:59 PM
I am stunned at the negativity I have seen here.

You are ****ing 10-1. The last several games with no Cushing either. 5-0 on the road. Demolished Baltimore.

If this team has that much to still prove to you, then stop watching, because how you can't find joy in how special your team is and how frigging hard it is to go 10-1, then NOTHING is good enough for you.

10-1 means nothing when giants were 9-7 and on life support heading into a division title then ran through everyone.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Matt Schaub said it best in his presser. This team is mentally tough. We've got issues. Anyone who thinks differently is fooling themselves.

We are 10-1, but the AFC Championship game is still a long, long ways off. There's no guarantee we'll get there & if we have to play Denver in the divisional round, that's going to be a helluva game that we might not win.

Their defense is gelling & their offense is exploding, while we appear to be waning.

But that's six weeks from now & nobody knows how things are going to shake out by then.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 09:08 PM
10-1 means nothing when giants were 9-7 and on life support heading into a division title then ran through everyone.

So what are you suggesting? That we burn everything & stop watching this team?

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 09:09 PM
AJ is washed up.
Foster's vegan butt goes down if someone imitates the Watt finger waggle at him.

Oh and we are 10-1.

Gottverdammt b!tching is getting a little ridiculous. Everything isn't perfect, it never is, but damn get some perspective.

:spit:

Stop it!! Just stop it Chris!!!

TEXANRED
11-22-2012, 09:12 PM
AJ is washed up.

Oh and we are 10-1.

I think that the people who are bychin about the Texans are drunk right now. Or the Turkey is affecting their thoughts. Or this is their first experience in following and NFL football team. The Oilers never put together a season like the Texans are having, never.

This is the type of season we may never ever see again. Some people are not comprehending how special this.

Our team has gone from one side of the spectrum to the other side and has proven time and again that this is a Superbowl caliber championship team.

toronto

I said this several weeks ago before Cushing got hurt. Its all about staying healthy. Keep Schaub, AJ, the main cogs of your oline, Foster and Watt healthy for the playoffs, and I'm hardpressed to name a team in the NFL that will be able to beat you in the post-season, especially in your house.

Everyone points to the Giants last year as the ultimate example, same with the Packers the previous year. But before then, teams with homefield and bye weeks won more championships than teams that didn't.

But if you're not happy right now, that's your perogative. As a rival fan I'd kill to be in your shoes right now.

Playoffs
10-1 means nothing...
:hankpalm: :wadepalm: :mariopalm: :kubepalm: :toropalm:

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 09:14 PM
So what are you suggesting? That we burn everything & stop watching this team?

Exactly.. Apparently being 10-1 is a curse.

:thinking: I have no idea what this dolt is trying to suggest.

IlliniJen
11-22-2012, 09:14 PM
AJ is washed up.

Oh and we are 10-1.

I have learned that for many on this board, if you aren't 100% perfect, then you're 100% crap and the sky is falling.

I imagine this is the way a lot of fanbases react.

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 09:16 PM
:hankpalm: :wadepalm: :mariopalm: :kubepalm: :toropalm:

No "palms" needed..... Jackassery (if that's a word) in full effect!

IlliniJen
11-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I think some folks are just so used to bitching about how bad the Texans are, they can't stop. Years of disappointments as Oiler and Texans fans can do that I suppose.

But damn. We got the best record in football right now. The team is banged up and missing players and still wins.

It's ****ing Thanksgiving. The Texans won and the Cowgirls lost. How the hell is there anything negative about that?

We're finding ways to win despite some shortcomings and stepping up mentally when its necessary. To me, that's the sign of a good team moving into greatness. Adversity can be overcome, and the players believe it. They would easily have folded during these past two games, and they didn't. That's big to me. I like how they're gelling mentally even as they're struggling a bit during games.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Everyone points to the Giants last year as the ultimate example, same with the Packers the previous year. But before then, teams with homefield and bye weeks won more championships than teams that didn't.

As if the Giants defense didn't get exposed somewhere during that 9-7 season.

They got healthy at the right time.

EllisUnit
11-22-2012, 09:20 PM

Hmmm consiering most of our tough wins have come on the road thats saying something.

Have went to denver, chicago, new york, detroit and WON. Yeah we're so lucky for the weak schedule :kitten:

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 09:24 PM
I have learned that for many on this board, if you aren't 100% perfect, then you're 100% crap and the sky is falling.

But, but Jen... You should beat every opponent by 20+, every week and go 19-0.... Didn't you know that??

Damn, and I thought you've lived here long enough by now!!! :kitten:

sometexansfan
11-22-2012, 09:26 PM

If it wasn't for a couple gifts, the giants might not have made the super bowl.

Signed,

Kyle Williams

toronto
11-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Imagine if you were a Jets fan for the last 10 minutes. Wow.

Brandon420tx
11-22-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm glad we got a long week ahead of us. 10 Quarters of football in a 4 day span sounds extremely tiring

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Matt Schaub said it best in his presser. This team is mentally tough. We've got issues. Anyone who thinks differently is fooling themselves.

We are 10-1, but the AFC Championship game is still a long, long ways off. There's no guarantee we'll get there & if we have to play Denver in the divisional round, that's going to be a helluva game that we might not win.

Their defense is gelling & their offense is exploding, while we appear to be waning.

But that's six weeks from now & nobody knows how things are going to shake out by then.

Man thank the football gods schaub feels this way

ObsiWan
11-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Where to begin.....
1. We have a very good offense (but we've known that since '09) and a very good defense (this is new for 2012).

2. We have a very good, but not great, QB. (the only "A" level QBs are Brady, Brees, P.Manning, and Rodgers; and even they have off days)

3. Arian Foster sneaks in a piece of chicken every now and again. No way he can carry the ball 24+ times/game on salad alone. :D

4. It took 3 yrs but Kareem Jackson has learned how to play NFL-quality CB. Better late than never.

5. J.J. Watt is the reincarnation of Bob Lily. ...or Ray Childress. you decide.

6. The reports of Andre' Johnson's decline/demise have been greatly exaggerated.

7. Johnathan Joseph and Ben Tate are "injury prone". Hey, if Schaub is "injury prone" and he hasn't missed a game this year, then they must be since Tate's missed, what four and counting, and J-Jo has missed or been gimpy in just as many. (that ought to stir you up :D)

8. Our team has evolved into winners; mentally tough guys that find a different way to win each week. It's not always textbook pretty, but they seem to get the job done.
Sadly, not all of the fan base has come to terms with this "Texans are winners" thing. I'm not sure why. Maybe those folks aren't "mentally tough" enough to embrace winning. Perhaps they'd be happier as Jets fans.

:koolaid:

DBCooper
11-22-2012, 10:07 PM
I have learned that the Texans are beatable, but if you don't step on their throat a la Rogers, they will find a way to win.

Bravo Texans!

SAMURAITEXAN
11-22-2012, 10:07 PM
AJ is washed up.

Oh and we are 10-1.

That's what I've been responding to other threads. Many people are bitching with our 10-1 record. People want a perfect game like we are expecting a perfect pitching game in MLB. We are winning with best record in the NFL and still want to b!tch hah!!!!

Go Texans!!!

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 10:10 PM
5. J.J. Watt is the reincarnation of Bob Lily. ...or Ray Childress. you decide.

I'm going to go with Bob Lily. Huge dude with tremendous athleticism - rough combination to go up against and I once saw him reading a book.

utahmark
11-22-2012, 10:24 PM

Will you feel better if we lose a couple?

GP
11-22-2012, 10:37 PM
I have learned that as long as we win, people overlook faults. Or maybe I should Texans fans instead of "people," since there are people who played football in the NFL (who are now commentators) and they will say that not all is as well as it looks with 10 wins on the board.

Sometimes you hit bad road, sometimes you hit good road, and right now the Texans are sort of coasting and benefiting from opponents imploding in key moments. Yes, of course that's on them and we'd certainly been that bumbling stumbling team for many seasons prior--never able to get out of our own way, never able to seal victory--but all streaks come to an end.

And sometimes the winning streak is replaced by a losing streak...and then it becomes hard to regain all that momentum that seemed so natural weeks and weeks ago.

There's too much overconfidence everywhere. In the days leading up the election, a lady called into Rush Limbaugh's show and said "Gee, Rush...we gotta tell people to keep knocking on doors. Keep working to the end." He absolutely bawled her out over the airwaves. He completely torched her. "What?" he asked. "I mean, this is a gimmee. People are ready to vote. I'm a professional, I see victory. You think this is going to be that close?!?!" Well, that lady was right: Not enough got off their asses to make a difference. Sorry to inject politics here, but the shoe fits.

The incessant smearing of fans here who aren't completely and utterly infatuated with our team's 10 wins is unbecoming. Overconfidence. Look at the prediction threads, especially the Jags game: "This will be easy!" Ha.

Look, I rooted and I rooted and rooted some more today. I never said "We don't deserve to win." That's dumb talk. I believed in Schaub the whole way today, even when he threw the pick in overtime...I knew we were still alive. Foster. AJ. Forsett. We got players who overcome a lot.

My sole gripe is the lack of spark that this offense shows to begin games. It tells opponents they have a chance right at the beginning to get up on us. In this league, you KILL your opponents at the onset. Crush THEIR will to put up a fight. Kubiak, IMO, is so calming that it almost has turned into a double edged sword. We're living and dying by it.

Glad for the win. Proud of their toughness. Just really not happy with the sluggishness on both sides of the ball, Kubiak being the chief transgressor IMO.

Norg
11-22-2012, 10:41 PM
that injuries Suck

Brain cushing IR
Dobbins-HUrt
Shaun cody-Hurt
Braide james -hurt
Brooks reed-hurt
Allen ball-Hurt
Tim jamesion-IR

tho four over thes players are depth this is really hurting us get well soon Boys : (

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 10:47 PM
I have learned that as long as we win, people overlook faults. Or maybe I should Texans fans instead of "people," since there are people who played football in the NFL (who are now commentators) and they will say that not all is as well as it looks with 10 wins on the board.

I don't know if anyone is "overlooking" any faults & I haven't heard one commentator say all isn't well. I think we're still #1 in the power rankings & Unless Atlanta blows out Tampa Bay, we'll be #1 next week.

There are threads with constructive criticism about real concerns..... even today. We just don't want to fall into this, "The Sky is Falling" thing that's trying to start.

We're not perfect. That wasn't a perfect game. But we won.

We're 10-1 but we suck.

Two different statements. One I can get behind, the other... not so much.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 10:51 PM
My sole gripe is the lack of spark that this offense shows to begin games.

Didn't we march down & score on our first possession against the Jags? I think we've started just fine on offense more times than not. I don't think we've ever scored 21 points in the first half, but still...

We've started most games just fine this year. Get a big league, then go to the run game.

Corrosion
11-22-2012, 10:53 PM
What we've learned:

The Texans are an NFL best 10-1!

We've learned that GP and Texecutioner will blame Kubiak no matter that Wades defense gave up 30+ again.

We've affirmed that Shayne Graham has a case of the yips worse than Cris Brown's a few years back .... especially if he is beyond 42 yards. Rick needs to get Gary a real kicker ... Sebastion Janikowski would be just fine by me.

We've learned the offense can turn it up a notch when they have to.

We've learned that the defense can make a critical stop to give the offense another possession .... even with key players missing at every level of the defense.

We've learned that JJ Watt is the .... NFL MVP!

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2012, 10:56 PM
just win baby !

Corrosion
11-22-2012, 11:00 PM
10-1 baby !

:corrosion:

GP
11-22-2012, 11:02 PM
I don't know if anyone is "overlooking" any faults & I haven't heard one commentator say all isn't well. I think we're still #1 in the power rankings & Unless Atlanta blows out Tampa Bay, we'll be #1 next week.

There are threads with constructive criticism about real concerns..... even today. We just don't want to fall into this, "The Sky is Falling" thing that's trying to start.

We're not perfect. That wasn't a perfect game. But we won.

We're 10-1 but we suck.

Two different statements. One I can get behind, the other... not so much.

I don't see anybody here saying we suck. I see fans SAYING there are fans saying we suck, that's for sure. A lot of fans parroting others, which means if something is said enough...it becomes truth ( when it's not). Your response being proof of that.

No other team out there can do what we're doing: Getting behind then winning in OT. We're The Cardiac Kids of the NFL. It's a badge of honor right now. I love it.

But there's room to improve. Even our own players are less happy about things than most fans here are. They are genuinely expressing that they have faults and need to tighten things up, they're being more honest than a lot of us here are.

I'll tell you who I am absolutely in awe of, it's Matt Schaub. Hands down this guy is fugging relentless. Grinding. Persevering. Willing this offense to succeed. Dude is on a mission. I think the guy is holding our schit together.

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 11:03 PM
We've learned that JJ Watt is the .... NFL MVP!

Probably won't happen but if any D player has made a case for breaking the O ceiling on MVP Watt has.

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2012, 11:03 PM
:corrosion:

KEEP JUST WINNING UNTIL YOU WIN THE SUPER BOWL BABY ! :fans:

Corrosion
11-22-2012, 11:06 PM
18-1BABY ! :fans:

:trophy:

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2012, 11:08 PM
:trophy:

Yep ... The only goal is to win the next game . :koolaid:

GP
11-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Man, if we went 18-1......this would have to be embraced by everyone (not just us) as being one of the best Super Bowl champion teams in the modern era.

No doubt. The adversity, the OT wins. The road wins. The dismantling of the Ravens. Fo sho.

ObsiWan
11-22-2012, 11:21 PM
I don't see anybody here saying we suck. I see fans SAYING there are fans saying we suck, that's for sure. A lot of fans parroting others, which means if something is said enough...it becomes truth ( when it's not). Your response being proof of that.

No other team out there can do what we're doing: Getting behind then winning in OT. We're The Cardiac Kids of the NFL. It's a badge of honor right now. I love it.

But there's room to improve. Even our own players are less happy about things than most fans here are. They are genuinely expressing that they have faults and need to tighten things up, they're being more honest than a lot of us here are.

I'll tell you who I am absolutely in awe of, it's Matt Schaub. Hands down this guy is fugging relentless. Grinding. Persevering. Willing this offense to succeed. Dude is on a mission. I think the guy is holding our schit together.

Agree with the bolded; especially the underlined. Looking for more consistent pressure from Barwin and Reed. Fewer brainfarts from the secondary (see Kubiak's statements about last week's game). More production from Walter and more snaps for K-Mart. I'd like to see Grimes get a few snaps too. And speaking of RBs, Tate needs to get healthy and back to last seasons form.

Yeah... there is always room for improvement.

Lucky
11-22-2012, 11:43 PM
10-1 means nothing....

10-1 means never having to say you're sorry.

Texanmike02
11-22-2012, 11:49 PM
That for every new way the Texans find to win the Texans fans will find a new way to *****.

Mike

Corrosion
11-22-2012, 11:52 PM
10-1 means never having to say you're sorry.

Not at all ....

This team has its flaws but ... complaining about the coach all the time is just silly.

You give up 30 in the NFL , you expect to lose. The fact that the offense has been able to generate just enough to win those two games despite the teams flaws and all the guy's missing on the defense ... says a lot about the team as a whole including their coach.

The players believe in him .... thats what matters.

Guess we need something to complain about while we're winning ....

Oh , did I mention we learned Shayne Graham is a liability ??

Bulls on Parade
11-23-2012, 12:06 AM
I think we've learned it's a team game. The defense carried them in a couple games early in the season. Now the offense has to carry them to wins. The special teams has been so inconsistent all year though. Whatever it takes to win the 1st seed in the AFC.

Beat the Titans and Patriots in the next two games and at 12-1 they should just about have it wrapped up. May need a win or two against the Colts (two games) and Vikings the final three games of the season. We'll see. It would be nice to rest players in some of those games. I hope the Chargers beat the Ravens this Sunday.

thunderkyss
11-23-2012, 12:09 AM

Show me one.

TexanBacker93
11-23-2012, 12:09 AM
EdI am stunned at the negativity I have seen here.

Sorry. I should have used the sarcasm emoticon.

coltfan123
11-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Im surprised by the negativty.texans are garenteed playoffs this year and all they can do is complain. There is alot of teams that would ltove to be j10 1. well if your team is as bad as some of these "fans" doom threads say then patriots will lay 50 on you. If the texans beat the patriots or at least keep it close. You can safely say texans have as good chance to go to no then anyone

Big Lou
11-23-2012, 12:32 AM
AJ is washed up.

Oh and we are 10-1.

Thank you sir! :clap::clap::clap:

thunderkyss
11-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Im surprised by the negativty.texans are garenteed playoffs this year and all they can do is complain.

I remember the mark of a good coach was getting his team to the play-offs.

Seems someone moved the target again.

:toropalm:

Corrosion
11-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Show me one.

I try to see both sides .... Like Eriadoc said: "Don't ignore in victory what you wouldn't in defeat."

Sure they have their warts .... but they are finding ways to win despite those flaws.

Lets just enjoy it because I havent been this excited about a Houston football season since the Dan Pastorini & Earl Campbell Oilers were knocking on the door ... and that was a lotta years ago.

thunderkyss
11-23-2012, 12:36 AM
I try to see both sides .... Like Eriadoc said: "Don't ignore in victory what you wouldn't in defeat."

Sure they have their warts .... but they are finding ways to win despite those flaws.

Lets just enjoy it because I havent been this excited about a Houston football season since the Dan Pastorini & Earl Campbell Oilers were knocking on the door ... and that was a lotta years ago.

Right, I think most of us are this way & has said so much today. The ones with the problem, are the guys saying everything is wrong, the coach sucks, the defense was exposed, we're not going far in the play-offs.

coltfan123
11-23-2012, 12:36 AM
I remember the mark of a good coach was getting his team to the play-offs.

Seems someone moved the target again.

:toropalm:

i think texans fans are so use to bad seasons that when texans have winning season. They are waiting for sky to fall.

Showtime100
11-23-2012, 05:35 AM

You exasperated me today man. You always like this?? I never really noticed before

Im surprised by the negativty.texans are garenteed playoffs this year and all they can do is complain. There is alot of teams that would ltove to be j10 1. well if your team is as bad as some of these "fans" doom threads say then patriots will lay 50 on you. If the texans beat the patriots or at least keep it close. You can safely say texans have as good chance to go to no then anyone

I'm positive. I'm glad I ......nevermind. Our school system sucks.

Maddict5
11-23-2012, 06:43 AM
I think we've learved the Teaxans fans will will nervous, no matter

nervous is a very kind word there

2012Champs
11-23-2012, 08:21 AM
What I've learned is that if needed Schaub can put up fantasy numbers if that's what he is called on to do. That's not our game plan or our type of football anymore but it's on tap if need be. I'd rather foster control the game with some shorter passes to the TE and the occasional bootleg deep, but I like the alternative capability

Thorn
11-23-2012, 08:29 AM
What I've learned is that if needed Schaub can put up fantasy numbers if that's what he is called on to do. That's not our game plan or our type of football anymore but it's on tap if need be. I'd rather foster control the game with some shorter passes to the TE and the occasional bootleg deep, but I like the alternative capability

You know, it used to be Schaub's arm that we relied on for the wins. The passing game was in full swing before Foster became a star. Schaub was always capeable of this.

2012Champs
11-23-2012, 08:37 AM
You know, it used to be Schaub's arm that we relied on for the wins. The passing game was in full swing before Foster became a star. Schaub was always capeable of this.

I'm aware he did this before but reading what so many post about him here they seem to forget years back when Schaub's numbers were all we had. It's nice to see that years later when this isn't the case that he can go right back to the well when needed

HJam72
11-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Well, here's where I'm at:

I don't see anything to gripe about the offense, Schaub, or Kubiak. It's not perfect and neither are they, but they score enough to win every time. Sometimes they are bad at this or that--3rd downs in one game, running in another, sometimes they can't SEEM to score quickly when they SEEM to need to. Whatever. They score with long drives, or they score quickly in the end, they score 34 or 13, but they out score the other team and that's what matters.

On defense, it seems pretty simple to me. They need J. Joseph on the field and they need him healthy. If he has a nagging groin problem, Aaron Rogers lights them up. If he is on the sidelines in street clothes, then Detroit scores 31 on them. They need other guys too and J. Jo. is not even the best player on the D this year--heck, K-Jax is better as a #2 than J. Jo. is right now as a #1--but, I believe J. Jo. is one SERIOUS key to the success of our D. So, drink your Texans Kool-aide and pray to the football Gods for J. Jo's. sustained health, along with Mr. SWatt, because God(s) forbid that man have an inury...

2012Champs
11-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Well, here's where I'm at:

I don't see anything to gripe about the offense, Schaub, or Kubiak. It's not perfect and neither are they, but they score enough to win every time. Sometimes they are bad at this or that--3rd downs in one game, running in another, sometimes they can't SEEM to score quickly when they SEEM to need to. Whatever. They score with long drives, or they score quickly in the end, they score 34 or 13, but they out score the other team and that's what matters.

On defense, it seems pretty simple to me. They need J. Joseph on the field and they need him healthy. If he has a nagging groin problem, Aaron Rogers lights them up. If he is on the sidelines in street clothes, then Detroit scores 31 on them. They need other guys too and J. Jo. is not even the best player on the D this year--heck, K-Jax is better as a #2 than J. Jo. is right now as a #1--but, I believe J. Jo. is one SERIOUS key to the success of our D. So, drink your Texans Kool-aide and pray to the football Gods for J. Jo's. sustained health, along with Mr. SWatt, because God(s) forbid that man have an inury...

I agree here. People keep asking whats wrong with our D and I wonder if they look to see how banged up it is.

Thorn
11-23-2012, 08:52 AM
I agree here. People keep asking whats wrong with our D and I wonder if they look to see how banged up it is.

We've got a banged up defense that leaking, and an offense that has to score a bunch of points to win.

Seems like old times. LOL

Texan_Bill
11-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Re: So what have we learned thru 11 games?

:thinking: That JB and Thorn are really, REALLY old??? :kitten:

Thorn
11-23-2012, 08:55 AM
:thinking: That JB and Thorn are really, REALLY old??? :kitten:

Yeah, well, the shoe will be on the other hand when I start throwing my diapers at you.

2012Champs
11-23-2012, 09:05 AM
We've got a banged up defense that leaking, and an offense that has to score a bunch of points to win.

Seems like old times. LOL

Two full OT games in a couple days has taken years off my life I think.

Thorn
11-23-2012, 09:07 AM

Yeah, I know. I said in another thread I'm going to have to double up on my blood pressure medicine on game days if they keep this overtime stuff up.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Yeah, well, the shoe will be on the other hand when I start throwing my diapers at you.

Awesome!

ObsiWan
11-23-2012, 09:26 AM

Ewwwwwww!
:kubepalm:

beerlover
11-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Texans have arrived - possibly best balanced team in NFL
Character is important - Overcoming officiating, bad weather, next man up mentality, on same page with coaches, hostile crowds & beat the odds.
Capo-logy - Texans know how much & where to spend valuable cap allocations (let Mario leave, resign Foster & Schaub).
Getting respect around the league - Every time Foster touches the ball fans/players of other teams fall in love with him, no wonder he is the #1 fanatasy football player in the NFL.
Making a case for JJ Watt - leads the NFL in sacks, swatts, tkl for loss despite being double teamed.
Texans free agent aquistions - not one to say I told you so but I told you so Justin Forsett would contribute to this team despite coming in lightly regarded.
Special Teams - are improving, Shayne Graham leg strength looks stronger (kicking into endzones) & Donnie Jones has been solid punting while Keshawn looks more comfotable each week returning kicks.
Secondary play - Next man up mentality which means there is now quality depth. Kareem has improved, Ball has filled in, McCain is nickle entire games even Harris is seeing action.
Schaub is healthy - Moving in pocket better than past, no idea about back-ups (Yates/Keenum) would like to see Texans with comfortable lead to see them get some reps.
DL other than Watt - undersized & pushed around yet not breaking. Need a stud in the middle to push back.
OL besides Duane Brown/Chris Myers - adequate but lapses @ key moments placing more pressure on QB & RB positions. Newton gets hurt, Texans lack back-up depth, RG revolving chair, LG solid but for how much longer?
Andre is not finished - Spring in his step, cuts & extension to ball in traffic, hands best seen since in the league but his counter-parts only serviceable peices.
Gary Kubiak - is more confident, assertive & therefore leader, a playoff team needs to overcome what lies ahead.

thunderkyss
11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Capo-logy - Texans know how much & where to spend valuable cap allocations (let Mario leave, resign Foster & Schaub).

Texans free agent aquistions - not one to say I told you so but I told you so Justin Forsett would contribute to this team despite coming in lightly regarded.

Don't forget Eric Winston & Brisiel. Both very questionable & the source of much debate here. We've still got growing pains on the offensive line, but after yesterday, I think we can all agree that Newton is better than Harris & overall I think his pass protection is miles ahead of Winston.

I think they're getting the run thing going & if Newton comes back, we'll dominate by the end of the season.

Justin Forsett, I've been a fan since he saved my fantasy season two years back. I've always thought if he got behind a true Zone Blocking line he'll flourish. He's looked good everytime I've seen him get some carries & as soon as we start dominating on the right side, I think he'll be a pleasant surprise.

I'd still rather have Tate spelling Foster. His punishing style of run is a great change of pace & wears down defenses.

The Pencil Neck
11-23-2012, 04:28 PM

That was one of the things that got me about Simms. He was like "Wow, I didn't know if Schaub could still do this."

WTF?

It was a lisfranc injury. Schaub put up these sorts of numbers for a couple of years. He can still play with the best of them when he has to.

I prefer him not having to.

But if he doesn't, then someone's going to whine about our mediocre QB. Hell, even when he does put up great numbers people are going to whine about our mediocre QB.

The Pencil Neck
11-23-2012, 04:29 PM

^^^ This.

I'm going to have to buy a resuscitator and keep it in the TV room. I was afraid I was going to have to call 911 for my wife.

Ryan
11-23-2012, 04:37 PM
We'd be just an average team in the NFC. :)

76Texan
11-23-2012, 04:40 PM

Stop it!! Just stop it Chris!!!

I concur!

76Texan
11-23-2012, 04:43 PM

I bet you even if the Texans are perfect, there would still be bitching.
Kubiak needs to be fired or it will never stop. Wait, it will still go on even if Kubiak gets fired :)

76Texan
11-23-2012, 04:48 PM
That for every new way the Texans find to win the Texans fans will find a new way to *****.

Mike

Wrong, they will find at least a thousand things to ***** about :)

76Texan
11-23-2012, 04:49 PM
You exasperated me today man. You always like this?? I never really noticed before

I'm positive. I'm glad I ......nevermind. Our school system sucks.

LOLlolLoL

76Texan
11-23-2012, 04:52 PM

See, if not for the bitching how are we gonna get all the laughs ? :)

Thorn
11-23-2012, 05:20 PM
See, if not for the bitching how are we gonna get all the laughs ? :)

Texans fans b!tch, therefore they are. :)

76Texan
11-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Texans fans b!tch, therefore they are. :)

Ya' gonna lose that diaper one of these days. LOL

But really, I hope the folks who bring up all the negativities don't mind us having some fun. Nothing personal here. :handshake:

infantrycak
11-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Apparently I missed one. One of our new members has kindly informed us AJ doesn't get any YAC because he is a pansy who goes down at first contact.

76Texan
11-23-2012, 05:30 PM
apparently i missed one. One of our new members has kindly informed us aj doesn't get any yac because he is a pansy who goes down at first contact.

lol

chenjy9
11-23-2012, 06:00 PM
- JJ Watt is a superstar and future HOF'er. I am so happy to be eating crow about that draft pick
- Foster is a workhorse, getting us yards despite the inconsistent O-line
- AJ is finally healthy and back with a vengeance
- Cody is far better than I have been giving him credit for
- We need a real fullback that can make pancakes out of opposing defenders
- Our kicker still sucks. Different year, different kicker, same crappy story
- Marciano needs to go. Trindon and Jacoby both performed much better on their new teams, so it has to be the ST coach
- Kubes changes gender like one of those exotic frogs whenever we get closer to the end zone
- We need to check down to Foster a lot more
- Schaub still looks like he needs more zip on his short throws in the end zone
- We really, REALLY miss Cushings

Corrosion
11-23-2012, 06:55 PM
-- Cody is far better than I have been giving him credit for

Now people are seeing what some of us have been saying for the past two years. He's no superstar but he anchors that DL.

- We need a real fullback that can make pancakes out of opposing defenders

I think Casey has done a more than adequate job blocking. If anything , its the inconsistent play at the RG position thats hurting the running game.

-
- Marciano needs to go. Trindon and Jacoby both performed much better on their new teams, so it has to be the ST coach

Jacoby Jones was breaking off some big returns while with the Texans .... It was his contract and poor decision making that got him run out of town.

Holliday also had some big returns during the preseason .... his putting the ball on the turf , poor decisions bringing the ball out of the endzone and a numbers game are why he's no longer a Texan.

Marciano's ST havent been good this year outside of a few individual players ... but to say he was the reason Jacoby or Tricycle were run out of town is misguided at best. It was their poor decision making that got them sent packing.

- Kubes changes gender like one of those exotic frogs whenever we get closer to the end zone

Only New England and Denver average more points per game than the Texans ... The Texans are a respectable 10th in redzone scoring percentage.(Im not satisfied with that stat and I doubt Gary is either).

I really think people fail to realize that defenses tighten up in the redzone and you have so much less space in which to operate ... execution becomes key in the redzone.
Also the relative size of the interior linemen (especially Myers) makes short yardage situations more difficult as does the lack of a traditional blocking TE.

- Schaub still looks like he needs more zip on his short throws in the end zone

Schaub's fine , hard to put much on a throw when you cant step into them or are falling backwards.

- We really, REALLY miss Cushings

Who's Cushings?

Yeah , Cushing is sorely missed , especially his ability to get to the QB. The replacement ILB's have been adequate in every other aspect ...

The Pencil Neck
11-24-2012, 09:50 PM

Think about this.

Our standings in PR and KR have gone up since Trindon was let go.

Jacoby going was because of cap issues and because he hasn't developed as a WR the way he should have.

infantrycak
11-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Jacoby going was because of cap issues and because he hasn't developed as a WR the way he should have.

And he still hasn't. He is on pace for less yardage than he had any of the last 3 years with the Texans.

axman40
11-24-2012, 09:57 PM
As a Texan fan I would ***** about something because that there is ingrained and it is what, we as a fan base do.Now pass me the ammo or the honey biscuits.
:hankpalm:

theNumber80
11-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Apparently I missed one. One of our new members has kindly informed us AJ doesn't get any YAC because he is a pansy who goes down at first contact.

This is somewhat true as AJ doesn't really get YAC but it's not because of that reason. The majority of his catches are in traffic anyway. Usually there are 2 or 3 defenders in the area unless he's catching that quick hitch route he and Schaub have developed this year.

infantrycak
11-24-2012, 11:59 PM
This is somewhat true as AJ doesn't really get YAC but it's not because of that reason. The majority of his catches are in traffic anyway. Usually there are 2 or 3 defenders in the area unless he's catching that quick hitch route he and Schaub have developed this year.

Well the 2nd half of this guy's opinion was the YAC AJ does get is because he is so wide open and is not catching in traffic.

In any event this season it is not somewhat true. Lucky and I both posted stats showing AJ is getting YAC as well or better than other top receivers. 29% of AJ's yards come on YAC which is a dead heat with Steve Smith and better than CJ, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall and some others I don't remember.

axman40
11-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Well the 2nd half of this guy's opinion was the YAC AJ does get is because he is so wide open and is not catching in traffic.

In any event this season it is not somewhat true. Lucky and I both posted stats showing AJ is getting YAC as well or better than other top receivers. 29% of AJ's yards come on YAC which is a dead heat with Steve Smith and better than CJ, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall and some others I don't remember.
Facts???? Pshaw!
We go by our guts, no facts please!
:slapfight:

Corrosion
11-25-2012, 12:36 AM

I guess you missed a few plays where there was no one within 10 yards of the guy .... he just abuses defenses and Gary's route combinations accentuate his talents .... Together thay leave a guy who has multiple defenders responsible for him .... wide open.

Hell , there have been times where KW has been just as free to roam the secondary - tho not as often.

infantrycak
11-25-2012, 12:51 AM
I guess you missed a few plays where there was no one within 10 yards of the guy .... he just abuses defenses and Gary's route combinations accentuate his talents .... Together thay leave a guy who has multiple defenders responsible for him .... wide open.

Hell , there have been times where KW has been just as free to roam the secondary - tho not as often.

No doubt Kubiak schemes and gets OD, KW, AJ, etc. shockingly wide open at times. He also schemes to have them squat, shield the ball from the defender and catch with the defender on top of them. Kubiak does this with KW quite a bit and I believe also coaches Schaub to throw that ball low which means there will be no YAC but there is also almost no chance of a pick. Then there are throws like the 43 yarder to AJ and from Detroit's side about a 30 yarder to CJ where the defenders are on top of the receiver and the QB's just trust their elite receivers to make the play. Any WR any the 60+ reception category is making a combination of traffic and non-traffic receptions.

steelbtexan
11-25-2012, 01:00 AM
The Texans are 10-1

Hopefully the team will be healthy come playoff time.

The ST's stink, the souless ginger needs to go. LOL

Rey
11-25-2012, 11:50 AM
I've learned what I suspected...barwin and reed aren't a good pairing.

I'd actually re-sign barwin. And start him in reeds place and draft an Olb and let him compete with merci as the wolb/pass rush specialist.

Reed can be a good back up moving forward.

ThaJokaa
11-25-2012, 12:20 PM
That we miss Cush in stopping the run

Tailgate
11-25-2012, 01:25 PM
That we miss Cush in stopping the run

Getting Cody back will certainly help here. Stopping the run up the middle wont be a huge concern imo moving forward. Its Cushings sideline to sideline ability that we will miss the most.

But I have learned that this team knows how to WIN. End of story...... So far. :clown:

Specnatz
11-25-2012, 04:54 PM

Jax game and the TD in overtime. I think all of the yards on that play was YAC, but I could be wrong on you definition of YAC.