PDA

View Full Version : so we're just an avg nfc team

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Packers ran us off our own field, luckily Cutler went out vs us, and the refs guided us vs the lions. Above average in a down AFC is what we are.

TheDrifter
11-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Cutler wasn't doing crap and Campbell ended up with more passing yards (I believe.)

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Cutler wasn't doing crap and Campbell ended up with more passing yards (I believe.)

He kept challenging down field.

Showtime100
11-22-2012, 06:19 PM
We're takin' what we're given 'cause we're workin' for a livin'.

10-1 in the NFL. 2-1 vs Packers, Bears, and Lions. The spoon I see is a little less silver, but it is what it is.

I'll take it gladly, especially this Detroit game. Houston put themselves in a position to win, and won. Same with Chicgo, except they beat a proud Chicago team in their house, in their weather (if you will).

We got it handed to us against GB, so what? 10-1. The Giants won the SB with 7 of them?

Heath Shuler
11-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Packers ran us off our own field, luckily Cutler went out vs us, and the refs guided us vs the lions. Above average in a down AFC is what we are.

we dont play in the nfc.

GP
11-22-2012, 06:23 PM
The only positive is that they're finding ways to win.

I'd rather us not have win OT games on a weekly basis. I mean, right??? Right.

You can't sustain that for very long.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 06:24 PM
We're 2-1 against the NFC.

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 06:26 PM

we dont play in the nfc.
How do you like our chances in SB vs an elite NFC team like giants or niners? We still gotta see minni who is solid in the trenches

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 06:27 PM

Refs a bailed us out today and Cutler went down in other win

nytexan
We are 5-0 on the road. This was a must win for the Lions. We still found a way to win on their home field.
Why in the world is anyone complaining about this win???

Foster, Schaub, Andre and JJ all had big games.
10-1 and this team has proved it won't quit.
Best move of the game...... Getting Ball off of Megatron and getting KJ on him in the 2nd half.

Showtime100
Our chances right now or the eternity away that is the SB?

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 06:30 PM

I think we took Cutler out of the game & you don't know what would have happened even if they called that one back. We may still have gone down & scored.

kiwitexansfan
11-22-2012, 06:31 PM
You can only beat the teams you are scheduled to play and we have done that 10/11 times so far.

Close win, blow out win, still a win.

TexCanada
11-22-2012, 06:33 PM
How did the refs bail us out?

BullNation4Life
11-22-2012, 06:34 PM

Refs didn't bail us out, the Lions coach blew it for his team. Why in the hell is that so hard for people to understand? REFS had NOTHING to do with the rule. Forsett didn't look down at first glance, he looked like he slipped out of a tackle, which is probably why the ref didn't blow the whistle. I am sure at full speed, that is what the ref saw.

The play was going to be reviewed, period, end of discussion. It was a scoring play and was going to be reviewed. Refs didn't get it wrong, Schwartz did and cost his team...

Cutler didn't do crap in the game, had 2 INTS...

10-1, nuff said...

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 06:35 PM
How did the refs bail us out?

Punt hit Quinn and no td for forsett

GuerillaBlack
11-22-2012, 06:36 PM
The Cardinals beat the Patriots, but were later beaten by St. Louis. So, are the Rams better than the Pats?

*insert thinking raptor picture*

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Refs didn't bail us out, the Lions coach blew it for his team. Why in the hell is that so hard for people to understand? REFS had NOTHING to do with the rule. Forsett didn't look down at first glance, he looked like he slipped out of a tackle, which is probably why the ref didn't blow the whistle.

The play was going to be reviewed, period, end of discussion. It was a scoring play and was going to be reviewed. Refs didn't get it wrong, Schwartz did and cost his team...

Cutler didn't do crap in the game, had 2 INTS...

10-1, nuff said...

So you acknowledge no td for forsett. Ball didn't hit Quinn?

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 06:39 PM
The Cardinals beat the Patriots, but were later beaten by St. Louis. So, are the Rams better than the Pats?

*insert thinking raptor picture*

Does notre dame go undefeated in sec?

Playoffs
Whaddaya trying to ruin his Debbie Downer (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz3gd4LugV1r6i3cdo1_500.jpg) moment? :kitten:

Heath Shuler
How do you like our chances in SB vs an elite NFC team like giants or niners? We still gotta see minni who is solid in the trenches

cross that bridge when we get there

BeerTastesLikeVictory
11-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Yes, we are looking average over the last few weeks. However, there is not a single NFL team that is totally dominant right now, instead a handful of very good teams with flaws. Just like last year I believe it's going to come down to who is hot in the last few weeks. Our D is playing suspect, but the ship can be righted, and with a 10-1 record we have the luxury of not having the "backs against the wall" type games ahead of us. If we can fix the pass D issues then I'm not worried. If we finish the season on our heels getting gashed by every QB, then Ill be worried headed into the post season.

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 06:40 PM
My point is we can win AFC cause its down. I hope I can stomach an ass whipping in SB. Oh wait Peyton and Brady watch film and will spread us out. Schaub can't keep up. Mark the thread

BullNation4Life
11-22-2012, 06:41 PM

No Forsett was down, any and everybody could see that. Had Schwartz done his job and followed the rule, it would have gotten brought back.

As for the Quinn play, I couldn't tell if it hit his knee or if the Lion player ricochet the ball off his knee, the player that had his arm out trying to stop the ball..

From every angle you could see, you could not clearly see it hit Quinn's knee. therefore no clear evidence to overturn...

Where the hell was the 15 yard roughing the passer penalties on Suh? leg whipped Schaub in the pee-pee leg whipping is illegal and bringing Schaub down like a steer wrestler after the ball was gone...

works both ways...

Showtime100

Per NFL rules, Forsett scored legally. That is irrefutable.

I think you might want to rethink it here, ATX.

How may penalties on Suh alone would have given Houston a much-needed 1st down? I can count two obvious ones off the top of my head.

I'm sure there were others I can't think of. Are we supposed to apologize to anyone, anywhere for our record?? Of course not. Nobody would and we're not either.

TexCanada

What is your point? Calls go for and against us all the time, it's something every team deals with. The refs missed a blatent PI right before the Forsett touchdown, but that hardly gets mentioned.

The point is that we are 10-1, and we are a very good football team no matter who or where we are playing.

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 06:44 PM

That is just BS. There is no way you can say the ball hit Quin from any of the televised views. In fact if body language shows anything it was not a hit. If Quin was touched by the ball on his right hand side he would naturally look to his right. Instead he looked left. In any event, you are just playing negative nancy once again and interpreting things to your storyline.

Plus there were two roughing the passer and two blatant PI calls which were missed in the Lions' favor.

76Texan
11-22-2012, 06:45 PM
We match up very well with the Niners.
The Giants are more inconsistent.
We need to worry about the Pats first.
And the Broncos are also dangerous.

EllisUnit
11-22-2012, 06:45 PM

pretty sure the lions coach bailed us out, regardless everyone has a call go against them here and there. such as a key 3rd down their LB tackled our WR way before the ball got there and it wasnt called. Dont act as if the texans havent earned their 10-1 record.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Yes, we are looking average over the last few weeks.

Better yet, we're in a lull right now. Better to happen now, than in the play-offs. Maybe we already hit a peak this year, we're going through a lull, we're going to have 10 days before our next game. Almost like a bye.

We'll get to playing good football after & peak at the SB.

GuerillaBlack
11-22-2012, 06:49 PM
pretty sure the lions coach bailed us out, regardless everyone has a call go against them here and there. such as a key 3rd down their LB tackled our WR way before the ball got there and it wasnt called. Dont act as if the texans havent earned their 10-1 record.

But but but, we play in the AFC! Therefore, our record is invalid.

Wolf
11-22-2012, 06:51 PM
My point is we can win AFC cause its down. I hope I can stomach an ass whipping in SB. Oh wait Peyton and Brady watch film and will spread us out. Schaub can't keep up. Mark the thread
Wade needs to keep up not Schaub

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 06:52 PM
That is just BS.

I thought it hit Quin, but I thought 58 on their team hit it first. Tipped it with his fingers, the ball changed directions then & went into Quin.

EllisUnit
11-22-2012, 06:53 PM

assume you are being a smart ass

EllisUnit
11-22-2012, 06:54 PM
I thought it hit Quin, but I thought 58 on their team hit it first. Tipped it with his fingers, the ball changed directions then & went into Quin.

Thats what i saw as well, cause the ball dont just change direction in mid air

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 06:54 PM

But but in the playoffs Peyton and Brady are coming, not henne and Stafford

Wolf
11-22-2012, 06:55 PM
But but in the playoffs Peyton and Brady are coming, not henne and Stafford

And that is Wades concern to stop them

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 06:57 PM

I frankly didn't think it hit either player and didn't think the views showed the ball actually changing direction. Either way the views sucked. There were bodies everywhere. The key view from the other side of the field was missing. There was no way the on the field call should be overturned.regardless of what it was on the field.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Damn Glad I'm not a Cowboy Fan. If people are going to gripe about being 2-1 against the NFC....... sheesshh.

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 06:58 PM
:facepalm:

Thanks for making me throw up my Thanksgiving Dinner!

EllisUnit
11-22-2012, 06:59 PM
amazes me we have had a little 2 game funk yet won both games and NOW we cant keep up with the NFC. Give me a break, our defense has struggled for 3 games sure but what about the other 8 games ???

ThaShark316
11-22-2012, 06:59 PM
The defensive mechanisms this fan base uses get funnier by the WEEK.

Showtime100
11-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Damn Glad I'm not a Cowboy Fan. If people are going to gripe about being 2-1 against the NFC....... sheesshh.

Damn it Fiddler!! I was gonna say that. :D

28-6 Washington....lol.

TexanBacker93
11-22-2012, 07:01 PM

Neither of those teams is elite right now. At least no more elite than the Texans. I think we could beat any team in the NFL any week. We could also lose to any team. As could each of the "elite" teams.

There isn't a lot separating the best from most of the rest on any given week. A few breaks and fortunate calls makes a big difference. Most games in the NFL are decided by a few plays. Good teams make a few more than the bad teams.

If not for the refs giving the Packers a loss maybe they aren't playing with their backs against the wall against us. If not for a couple of stupid penalties by us in the loss to the Packers it's a closer game and things could have been different.

sometexansfan
11-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Let's see...the mighty Packers of the NFC blew an 18 point lead against the Colts of the weak AFC, the mighty 49ers got destroyed by the Giants at home and tied the lowly Rams, and I do believe those mighty Giants just got thrashed recently by the lowly Bengals, again of the weak AFC. So yeah, like others have said, there is no dominant team in the NFL right now, so I like the Texans chances against anybody. :fans:

Say Watt
11-22-2012, 07:09 PM
That is just BS. There is no way you can say the ball hit Quin from any of the televised views. In fact if body language shows anything it was not a hit. If Quin was touched by the ball on his right hand side he would naturally look to his right. Instead he looked left. In any event, you are just playing negative nancy once again and interpreting things to your storyline.

Plus there were two roughing the passer and two blatant PI calls which were missed in the Lions' favor.

Thank you for bringing some logic into a completely stupid thread.

I was surprised no one had mentioned the blatant PI calls. Are you talking about the one on Walter and the other on AJ? Both were instances where both guys were completely tackled before the ball ever got to them and the defender did not appear to play the ball at all.

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Thank you for bringing some logic into a completely stupid thread.

I was surprised no one had mentioned the blatant PI calls. Are you talking about the one on Walter and the other on AJ? Both were instances where both guys were completely tackled before the ball ever got to them and the defender did not appear to play the ball at all.

Thank YOU for calling this thread what it really is!!

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 07:17 PM

Yup - those were the two I was talking about.

Sims had his head up his butt talking about it on the AJ play saying the DB has a right to make a play on the ball. Well yes he does. He can step in front of the receiver. He cannot run through him.

MEGA SWATT
11-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Absolutely ridiculous thread. The Texans have lost 1 game, ONE game and are 10-1. Yeah, they lost big to GB, but you didn't expect the Texans to go 16-0 did you?:mariopalm:

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Let's see...the mighty Packers of the NFC blew an 18 point lead against the Colts of the weak AFC, the mighty 49ers got destroyed by the Giants at home and tied the lowly Rams, and I do believe those mighty Giants just got thrashed recently by the lowly Bengals, again of the weak AFC. So yeah, like others have said, there is no dominant team in the NFL right now, so I like the Texans chances against anybody. :fans:

Except we managed to win the games we didn't dominate.

10-1

sometexansfan
11-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Except we managed to win the games we didn't dominate.

10-1

Yep exactly.

Maddict5
11-22-2012, 07:38 PM
what a moronic, tragic thread....

so many mitigating circumstances for this team to lay an egg, yet they kept battling and got a win. anybody with eyes can see they're not playing their best ball. name me the last SB winning team that played great every wk/4 days of the season. get homefield and ramp up the performances the closer we get to january

MEGA SWATT
11-22-2012, 07:39 PM
https://www.morebooks.de/assets/product_images/9783899861/big/7649487/10+1.jpg?locale=gb

TexanSam
11-22-2012, 07:41 PM
The Packers are just a middle of the pack AFC south team because they lost to the Colts right?

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Absolutely ridiculous thread. The Texans have lost 1 game, ONE game and are 10-1. Yeah, they lost big to GB, but you didn't expect the Texans to go 16-0 did you?:mariopalm:

NO!!! I didn't expect them to go 16-0!

I expected them to go 19-0! :foottap:

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 07:44 PM
The Packers are just a middle of the AFC south team because they lost to the Colts right?

:spit:

TEXANRED
11-22-2012, 07:44 PM

No, Jim Schwartz bailed us out today.

I don't buy that crap anyway, we would have scored a TD on that drive anyhow.

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Neither of those teams is elite right now. At least no more elite than the Texans. I think we could beat any team in the NFL any week. We could also lose to any team. As could each of the "elite" teams.

There isn't a lot separating the best from most of the rest on any given week. A few breaks and fortunate calls makes a big difference. Most games in the NFL are decided by a few plays. Good teams make a few more than the bad teams.

If not for the refs giving the Packers a loss maybe they aren't playing with their backs against the wall against us. If not for a couple of stupid penalties by us in the loss to the Packers it's a closer game and things could have been different.

Good lord. You guys don't realize spread our D out and its worthless vs avg qbs. The one elite qb who spread us out embarrassed us. Our qb can't catch up cause he's average. Man you guys think we run through the AFC in e playoffs when Brady and Peyton will make schaub pay for his picks

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Good lord. You guys don't realize spread our D out and its worthless vs avg qbs. The one elite qb who spread us out embarrassed us. Our qb can't catch up cause he's average. Man you guys think we run through the AFC in e playoffs when Brady and Peyton will make schaub pay for his picks

Don't know how texanbacker got quoted

MEGA SWATT
11-22-2012, 07:49 PM

Shouldn't you be watching your cowboys make their comeback?

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 08:03 PM

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 08:05 PM

Shouldn't you be on the bills board mario

Showtime100
11-22-2012, 08:09 PM
The people have have been heard, my friend (assuming I'm not on ignore). :gun:

Stemp
11-22-2012, 08:16 PM
This team played 10 quarters of football in less than 5 days minus some important players and won both times. Gritty performances by the texans. Let this team get 9 dAys of rest and get some players back before people start bitching about the way the team played. Every team in the nfl minus maybe the falcons would love to be us.

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2012, 08:32 PM
This team played 10 quarters of football in less than 5 days minus some important players and won both times. Gritty performances by the texans. Let this team get 9 dAys of rest and get some players back before people start bitching about the way the team played. Every team in the nfl minus maybe the falcons would love to be us.

Maybe they think you have to run up the score to get a BCS bid .:breakdance:

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 08:32 PM

I'll give you this but Brady and Peyton are watching. I think we've been exposed. I hope schaub is balling on playoffs and kubiak is not calling the draw

Showtime100
11-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Bad thread....*slap*.....bad thread.

Goddness.

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 08:33 PM

Wait... :thinking:

That didn't happen!

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 08:34 PM

"Style points" count... I think?

MEGA SWATT
11-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Shouldn't you be on the bills board mario

I tried to have that changed in July. They didn't reply to my Pm. Will try again. :strangle:

sometexansfan
11-22-2012, 08:44 PM
I'll give you this but Brady and Peyton are watching. I think we've been exposed. I hope schaub is balling on playoffs and kubiak is not calling the draw

You mean two of the greatest quaterbacks ever might be a tough match up in the playoffs?!!! Well now I know.

2slik4u
We're takin' what we're given 'cause we're workin' for a livin'.

10-1 in the NFL. 2-1 vs Packers, Bears, and Lions. The spoon I see is a little less silver, but it is what it is.

I'll take it gladly, especially this Detroit game. Houston put themselves in a position to win, and won. Same with Chicgo, except they beat a proud Chicago team in their house, in their weather (if you will).

We got it handed to us against GB, so what? 10-1. The Giants won the SB with 7 of them?

I will gladly take 2-1 vs. AFC North.

thunderkyss

We play New England in two weeks, lets see how we do then.

This was an ugly game. But we won. At least for today, let's enjoy the win. We're 10-1, best record in the AFC. We control our destiny after 11 weeks of NFL football.

The defense you saw out there today is not the same defense we saw against the Ravens. It's not the same that we saw against the Broncos. Teams change as the season goes on. Cody is gone, Cush is gone Jjo was gone, Brady James left early, even Ball did not finish the game.

But we won.

I have no doubt that Wade will have them ready for New England & even if the stumble a little, our offense will hang. New England's defense isn't as good as the Lions.

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 08:47 PM

This was an ugly game. But we won. At least for today, let's enjoy the win. We're 10-1, best record in the AFC. We control our destiny after 11 weeks of NFL football.

The defense you saw out there today is not the same defense we saw against the Ravens. It's not the same that we saw against the Broncos. Teams change as the season goes on. Cody is gone, Cush is gone Jjo was gone, Brady James left early, even Ball did not finish the game.

But we won.

I have no doubt that Wade will have them ready for New England & even if the stumble a little, our offense will hang. New England's defense isn't as good as the Lions.

You forgot to mention Brooks Reed was gone for much of this game.

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 08:51 PM

But we won.

Ha but is our offense as good as theirs. I see a shootout. Then on the playoffs I see multiple shootouts. Our D has been exposed but is our O ready to go TD for TD. Just a question

The Pencil Neck
11-22-2012, 08:53 PM
I've said this in some other threads but... I think some people have unrealistic expectations. You've got to fight hard to win games in this league even against the bottom-dwellers. No team is perfect. There's a lot of talent on every team in the league.

No team scores on every possession. No team stops the other team on every possession.

We are 10-1. Are we perfect? No. Can we be beaten? Yes. But this team is going to fight you for it. This team is not going to give up. This team is going to keep playing to the final whistle (like Forsett did.)

The Lions remind me of us a couple of years ago when we went 6-10. If they can get their head on straight, they're going to be scary good. But they find ways to lose.

This team finds ways to win.

EllisUnit
11-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Ha but is our offense as good as theirs. I see a shootout. Then on the playoffs I see multiple shootouts. Our D has been exposed but is our O ready to go TD for TD. Just a question

Dont think our D has been exposed, we had the best WR in football today going against a cowboys outkast. I think what happened with the jags was we saw an easy game against gabbert then henne came in and caught us by surprise BUT the Defense made plays when it had to, same goes for tonights game.

We will get back to the dominating defense we saw early in the future.

Thorn
11-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Another negative thread? What the **** is wrong with you people?

Damn. If someone gave you a million dollars in 10 dollar bills you'd probably ***** about carrying it all to the bank.

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 09:02 PM

Or keep up with Peyton and Brady when the spread us out

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Another negative thread? What the **** is wrong with you people?

Damn. If someone gave you a million dollars in 10 dollar bills you'd probably ***** about carrying it all to the bank.

It could be worse. You could have to carry my million dollars in pennies to the bank.

PapaL
11-22-2012, 09:10 PM
http://www.gifflix.com/files/68746852e2e5.gif

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 09:12 PM

Our D will get stops. We don't have to go toe to toe with New England or Denver. We keep them on the sideline. New England is battling with the Jets right now & they haven't unleashed Tebow on them yet. This isn't a shoot-out.

Two weeks from now we'll play New England & I'll bet you we win. I'll bet we're the favorites.

EllisUnit
11-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Our D will get stops. We don't have to go toe to toe with New England or Denver. We keep them on the sideline. New England is battling with the Jets right now & they haven't unleashed Tebow on them yet. This isn't a shoot-out.

Two weeks from now we'll play New England & I'll bet you we win. I'll bet we're the favorites.

And i bet our pass defense gets whipped back in shape by then.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Dont think our D has been exposed, we had the best WR in football today going against a cowboys outkast.

Kj shut him down in the second half.

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 09:18 PM

I will totally buy your enthusiasm. I will. Call it blind faith or hope

TEXANRED
11-22-2012, 09:21 PM
We are 10-1. Nothing average about us.

The Jags, Colts, and Titans play the same, yet easier, schedule than ours and not enjoying anywhere near the success we are.

It's time to put the pipe down, back away, and sleep it off.

EllisUnit
11-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Kj shut him down in the second half.

Since we blame the safties for his woes all the time i would like to credit the safties today with his success, in the second half manning was on CJ pretty much ever play almost had a pick while covering him.

It can work both ways.

dream_team
11-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Or keep up with Peyton and Brady when the spread us out

Ummmm... didn't we already beat Peyton this season? And isn't Stafford leading the league in passing?

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 09:31 PM
I will totally buy your enthusiasm. I will. Call it blind faith or hope

It's not blind faith. I'm surprised we had enough gas to stay in that game. I didn't think they would give up, but I didn't expect them to fight to the bitter end. They did. We won.

Oh yeah, the Jets game is a blow out now..... not because of Brady though. Defense & Special teams.

BullNation4Life
11-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Ummmm... didn't we already beat Peyton this season? And isn't Stafford leading the league in passing?

I thought Detroit was #1 in offense in the NFL...

TEXANRED
11-22-2012, 09:32 PM

Sure but we are not talking about that right now.

TEXANRED
11-22-2012, 09:34 PM
I thought Detroit was #1 in offense in the NFL...

We are not talking about that either.

Only that the Texans suck for being 10-1

EllisUnit
11-22-2012, 09:42 PM
We are not talking about that either.

Only that the Texans suck for being 10-1

agree guys, why cant we all just agree the texans at 10-1 are a fluke, and if games were 5 QTRs peyton manning would have beaten us, and had cutler not went out of the CHI game that we wouldnt of won even though Campbell wound up throwing for more yards than cutler.

:specnatz: Plenty more i could "throw out" there but i think you get the point.

GET OVER IT - we are 10-1 have pulled out 2 OT games in a row. Our defense has had 3 bad games all season, i like 3 out of 8 odds.

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 09:48 PM
have pulled out 2 OT games in a row.

I was waiting for the announcers to pull out the trivia on when was the last time a team had back to back OT wins. I wouldn't even know how to look that up?

Most teams don't have a OT game at all in a season, even more rare two, then put them back to back, then win both.

Maddict5
11-22-2012, 09:56 PM
I was waiting for the announcers to pull out the trivia on when was the last time a team had back to back OT wins. I wouldn't even know how to look that up?

Most teams don't have a OT game at all in a season, even more rare two, then put them back to back, then win both.

it was 1994 i think i saw. 2 teams played back to back ot's (ie both played an OT week before playing each other in ot). im guessing one of them mightve won both

RCPM
11-22-2012, 09:58 PM
WTF? 10-1 is average? smh...

Lurvinator11
11-22-2012, 10:01 PM

Last two teams to do it were Minnesota and Chicago.

The Vikings lost to the Bucs in OT while the Bears beat the Cardinals in OT as well.

The following week, the Bears and Vikings matched up with each other, and the Vikings came out on the winning end.

Interesting how that played out. I wonder who was the last team to go back to back OT and win both of them.

Corrosion
11-22-2012, 10:05 PM

That play ... Forsett was down .... but who's to say that they dont go down and score a TD on that drive anyway ?

If anything , Schwartz bailed the Texans out .... The ref's just went by the rules the NFL has set forth.

Atlanta had a similar situation last week Vs the Cardinals tho it didnt cost them points on the play it did cost them a possession.

Wolf
11-22-2012, 10:07 PM

Not sure how reliable this site is but here is some brain candy on list of overtime stats. Up to date thru 2011
No team has ever played in three consecutive overtime games.* The last team to play in back to back overtime games were the 2010 Jets.

http://sportsdelve.wordpress.com/2011/08/22/a-complete-record-of-nfl-overtime/

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 10:17 PM
I wonder who was the last team to go back to back OT and win both of them.

That was my question.

Playoffs
11-22-2012, 10:29 PM
New York Jets won consecutive overtime games in 2010.

No team has played in 3 consecutive overtime games.

Before this season, the Texans had the worst overtime winning pecentage .125, 1-7.

Many more fun overtime facts here: A Complete Record of NFL Overtime -- 8/22/2011 (http://sportsdelve.wordpress.com/2011/08/22/a-complete-record-of-nfl-overtime/)

Txn_in_Oki
11-23-2012, 12:02 AM
What I don't get is people scrounging for reasons to hate on a 10-1 team. They go 9-7, people *****. They 2 and whatever, people *****. Now 10-1 and people are still bitching.

They can't hang with the NFC? Who cares... the only game against the NFC I care about is the big one at the end.

If they happen to be the worst team to ever win the Super Bowl I'll be happy to take it. It's one more than Bud will ever see.

Texanmike02
11-23-2012, 12:23 AM

I guarantee you it was a TD for forsett. I know this because they put 6 points on the board. We don't know what happeed on the Quinn play. I think 58 hit it first anyway. Want me to start pointing out all of the mistakes that happen in any game? They happen. There were a few missed calls (PI especially) that would have helped us out. It happens.

Mike

Big Lou
11-23-2012, 12:29 AM

10-1 against the NFL, period.

417Texan
11-23-2012, 12:34 AM
10-1 is pretty dam good did you forget about 3 years ago?:mariopalm:

brakos82
11-23-2012, 12:37 AM
What I don't get is people scrounging for reasons to hate on a 10-1 team. They go 9-7, people *****. They 2 and whatever, people *****. Now 10-1 and people are still bitching.

They can't hang with the NFC? Who cares... the only game against the NFC I care about is the big one at the end.

If they happen to be the worst team to ever win the Super Bowl I'll be happy to take it. It's one more than Bud will ever see.

I would like to ***** about this post. Just because it exists. :kitten:

Perki-Perk
11-23-2012, 12:53 AM
I guarantee you it was a TD for forsett. I know this because they put 6 points on the board. We don't know what happeed on the Quinn play. I think 58 hit it first anyway. Want me to start pointing out all of the mistakes that happen in any game? They happen. There were a few missed calls (PI especially) that would have helped us out. It happens.

Mike

We can speculate and pick out missed calls every week in every game in every sport. They do happen.

The one that pissed me off the most that went against us was the "defenseless receiver" on the punt return.. What the...? If they don't call fair catch, I thought they were fair game...

infantrycak
11-23-2012, 12:58 AM
We can speculate and pick out missed calls every week in every game in every sport. They do happen.

The one that pissed me off the most that went against us was the "defenseless receiver" on the punt return.. What the...? If they don't call fair catch, I thought they were fair game...

"In the act" of receiving a punt or kick is defenseless. Unfortunately the NFL doesn't define "in the act." Apparently you have to let him catch it clean and then slobber knock him.

The call was within the boundaries of the rule but I agree with the earlier post - if you don't want to get hit on a kick then call for a fair catch. The call was within the rules though.

Perki-Perk
11-23-2012, 01:05 AM
"In the act" of receiving a punt or kick is defenseless. Unfortunately the NFL doesn't define "in the act." Apparently you have to let him catch it clean and then slobber knock him.

The call was within the boundaries of the rule but I agree with the earlier post - if you don't want to get hit on a kick then call for a fair catch. The call was within the rules though.

OK, thanks for the explanation. I hope we take it to the Titans with relentless aggression next week. I'll be at that game with a friend that's a Titans fan. If I don't post after next Sunday, I'm in jail in Nashville and need bail money. Help me out Texans fans!!!

BorrowMe
11-23-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm surprised we even held them to only 31 points with all those injuries on defense.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

dream_team
11-23-2012, 01:33 AM

Another rule they should revisit. Call a fair catch if you don't want to get popped.

Carr Bombed
11-23-2012, 01:58 AM

http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg

brakos82
11-23-2012, 02:03 AM
http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg
Talking about Cutler, there he is now.

Norg
11-23-2012, 03:12 AM

THe punt hit quinn i didnt see that ..... :)

and obvs the reff with his HD 3d pan o ramic veiw didnt see that either

to me it looked like the ball fell in front of quinn TBO

ThaShark316
11-23-2012, 03:19 AM
Lemme show you what the Lions got from that average ass NFC team...

http://i.imgur.com/Ru5oL.gif

Corrosion
11-23-2012, 03:42 AM

Inconclusive that the punt hit Quin.

As for Forsett's TD .... Thanks Schwartz. I'll take it!!

http://boujiemack.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/im-winning.jpg

thunderkyss
11-23-2012, 09:51 AM

The defenseless receiver rule is about hits to the head. You can hit a runner in the head, even helmet to helmet.

Yes, we have to allow the receiver to catch it clean, fair catch or not. That's the Halo rule. That's the rule that saved us on one of Jacoby's muffed returns.

If he catches & takes a step, we could hit him in the head, even helmet to helmet. But in the act, Brandon Harris (<--- really, he was in the game) hit him straight up, head to head, face mask to face mask.

infantrycak
11-23-2012, 10:38 AM
The defenseless receiver rule is about hits to the head. You can hit a runner in the head, even helmet to helmet.

Yes, we have to allow the receiver to catch it clean, fair catch or not. That's the Halo rule. That's the rule that saved us on one of Jacoby's muffed returns.

If he catches & takes a step, we could hit him in the head, even helmet to helmet. But in the act, Brandon Harris (<--- really, he was in the game) hit him straight up, head to head, face mask to face mask.

No, the defenseless player rule was what operated yesterday. Their receiver did not call for the fair catch so that rule had no application. #4 on the list of definitions of defenseless players is a player in the act of fielding a kick or a punt. Harris hit him in the head as he was fielding the ball. If Harris had hit him in the chest it would have been a muff and we could have jumped on it.

Txn_in_Oki
11-23-2012, 10:54 AM
I would like to ***** about this post. Just because it exists. :kitten:

And the circle continues.

2012Champs
11-23-2012, 11:31 AM
I hope we can keep talking about how sh!tty our wins look well into 2013

76Texan
11-23-2012, 11:38 AM
I wonder how the top teams of the NFC fare against the AFC.
I am sure none of them goes 8-0

Thorn
11-23-2012, 11:44 AM

So far this season the AFC is 16-27 in non-conferance games while the NFC is 27-18.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trend/win_trends/non_conference

2012Champs
11-23-2012, 11:47 AM

Giants and Skins both dropped a couple to AFC teams, Greenbay and Chicago dropped one each...

thunderkyss
11-23-2012, 12:20 PM
No, the defenseless player rule was what operated yesterday. Their receiver did not call for the fair catch so that rule had no application. #4 on the list of definitions of defenseless players is a player in the act of fielding a kick or a punt. Harris hit him in the head as he was fielding the ball. If Harris had hit him in the chest it would have been a muff and we could have jumped on it.

I'm sorry, that's what I said..

Allstar
11-23-2012, 01:48 PM
This thread is an embarrassment.

Heath Shuler
11-23-2012, 02:26 PM
I hope we can keep talking about how sh!tty our wins look well into 2013

"worst super bowl champion ever".................yeah I can live with that.

Carr Bombed
11-23-2012, 02:40 PM

It doesn't matter.. Even if we do win the superbowl, people will discount the victory, because Michael Jordan didn't play football. :rolleyes:

Allstar
11-23-2012, 02:45 PM

Really going out on a limb there considering you only play 4 teams in the opposite conference.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2012, 03:04 PM
It doesn't matter.. Even if we do win the superbowl, people will discount the victory, because Michael Jordan didn't play football. :rolleyes:

That's some funny sh!te right there!!

MSR

ObsiWan
11-23-2012, 03:22 PM
I hope we can keep talking about how sh!tty our wins look well into 2023

Fixed it for ya
:fostering:

ObsiWan
11-23-2012, 03:23 PM

Classic.
repped.

The Pencil Neck
11-23-2012, 03:56 PM

The 72 Dolphins team that went undefeated played 0 playoff teams during the regular season and of their 14 opponents, only 2 had winning records (8-6). They feasted on weak competition.

In the end, they still won the Super Bowl.

76Texan
11-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Really going out on a limb there considering you only play 4 teams in the opposite conference.

LOL, sorry. I was only having fun

76Texan
11-23-2012, 04:11 PM

That's some funny sh!te right there!!

MSR

Classic.
repped.

Agreed.

chenjy9
11-23-2012, 04:43 PM
The sheer stupidity of the OP boggles my mind...