PDA

View Full Version : Same ole sorry Kubiak

Texecutioner
11-22-2012, 04:44 PM
I have kept my mouth shut in support of trying to be positive all season long despite seeing the same types of turtle ***** ways of kubiak all season long because we were winning and things were still positive going back to last season, but not anymore. Kubiak showed the entire country what a puss he still is as a HC, and exactly why he couldn't lead anything until Wade got here. Winning this game feels like a punch in the stomach if that happens. These players work their asses off all year long and win all these games, all for their pencil neck HC to show absolutely no confidence in them when it counts, but he'll put his confidence in a kicker who has already shown that he'll blow it when it counts?? Same stupid coach he's always been that used to trust guys like Chris Brown (The RB) at the end of games where we would lose.

How do you not at least try to throw an outlet pass or screen pass on 3rd and 14? No, instead we put the game in the hands of a kicker who just blew last week when the game was on the line. This is why Kubiak should have been kicked to the curb head first years ago. He doesn't learn from previos mistakes, he plays not to lose, he can't even watch plays at the end of games, and he is still an embarrassment.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know Kubiak's typical kids in here will call this thread stupid, will bring up our win/loss record this season, or will talk about his hair or something, but he's still a joke. We win "in spite" of Kubiak and always will.

Oh, and before I forget, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :chef:

Wolf
11-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Lol and his offense put up another 30+

76Texan
11-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah and how many points did the D gave up today Tex?

Just be happy my friend.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 04:47 PM

Eh...... more like 23.

Texecutioner
11-22-2012, 04:49 PM

Apparently you missed the entire point of the post. He can't make sound decisions at the end of games. He turtles up, and he doesn't play to win games. He plays not to lose, and the Texans were also playing against one of the worst defenses in the league.

I hate to see what Kubiak might do in a nail biter in a playoff game. Captain Conservative.

stingray
11-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Defense sucked sweaty goat balls today, but somehow it's Gary's fault... ohh, ok.

:mariopalm:

beerlover
11-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Because, You Play To Win The Game!

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Apparently you missed the entire point of the post. He can't make sound decisions at the end of games. He turtles up, and he doesn't play to win games. He plays not to lose, and the Texans were also playing against one of the worst defenses in the league.

I hate to see what Kubiak might do in a nail biter in a playoff game. Captain Conservative.

I think Detroit is top 10 (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1)

stingray
11-22-2012, 04:51 PM

Lions defense is ranked 10th in the league. Get your facts straight.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Because, You Play To Win The Game!

We did win.

76Texan
11-22-2012, 04:52 PM
It's a free country. Let the people gripe. I'm just gonna enjoy this Thanksgiving weekend.

Go Texans !

srrono
11-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Yup same ole sorry 10-1 Kubiak

Tango
11-22-2012, 04:55 PM
It's a free country. Let the people gripe. I'm just gonna enjoy this Thanksgiving weekend.

Go Texans !

That goes both ways! :D Texecutioner apparently doesn't know much about the other teams in the NFL. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hervoyel
11-22-2012, 04:56 PM
I am not a Gary Kubiak fan.
I do not believe in him all that much (but I'm trying)

Today wasn't about Kubiak. It was a short week, a long previous game, a highly motivated opponent fighting for their season, and a Texans team that's starting to get beat up and maybe just would have rather been anywhere but Detroit on Thanksgiving day.

They were sloppy. They looked a step slow. The secondary was dreadful and the pass rush (apart from Watt) was right there with them. The offense was slow to start up and inconsistent when they did finally get going. Schaub was inaccurate at times.

None of this was Kubiak's fault. Sorry, he called that game very well considering the state his team was in.

welsh texan
11-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Right I can't really comment on the game itself because maggie ****ing thatchers de-nationalised rail service has me 6 hours late about to reach my destination on a journey that should have been over in time for ko and still travelling (ki have turned to drink at this point) but you can't really complain about 10-1, we got the W, so we keep rolling towards home field advantage. Enjoy your thanksgiving folks we don't have that over here but it seems like another Christmas which must be awful, all that family and **** all on tv urghh. But have fun!

Playoffs
11-22-2012, 05:01 PM
http://t4toby.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/whambulance.jpg

Thorn
11-22-2012, 05:02 PM
As a certified Kubiak basher even I'm getting tired of the Kubiak bashing. Jesus Christ, we're fricking 10-1 and just played two 5 quarter games in four days and won them both. Why on earth are we bashing Kubiak now?

Norg
11-22-2012, 05:03 PM
i know what u mean but a 51 yard kick is never a gimmie its a 50 50 chance but u know what on the Road OT game u go 4 the win right there Gahram kicked it pretty good and barely miss .... have no problem with

I do wish we would of thrown at least 1 safe bass in that end zone But What ever that outside run looked good he could of broke it but hey that lion player made a good tackle

Playoffs
11-22-2012, 05:03 PM
As a certified Kubiak basher even I'm getting tired of the Kubiak bashing. Jesus Christ, we're fricking 10-1 and just played two 5 quarter games in four days and won them both. Why on earth are we bashing Kubiak now?

Couldn't have said it better. Repped.

Mr. Texan
11-22-2012, 05:04 PM
he's starting become nfl's version of les miles.

pulling wins out of his ass and you don't know why.

Texecutioner
11-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Lions defense is ranked 10th in the league. Get your facts straight.

Detroit's defense sucks. NFL rankings on defense and offense is the most flawed ranking system that doesn't tell anything accurately as it is. It never has. Using NFL rankings for an offense or a defense is like using Fox News as a top source on Obama. Get off of your homer rock for the HC. We win in spite of his lack of confidence in his own team.

Going for it on st down with a kicker like that was also stupid as hell. He almost missed the game winning FG for 31 yards.

Marcus
11-22-2012, 05:05 PM
I have kept my mouth shut in support of trying to be positive all season long despite seeing the same types of turtle ***** ways of kubiak all season long because we were winning and things were still positive going back to last season, but not anymore. Kubiak showed the entire country what a puss he still is as a HC, and exactly why he couldn't lead anything until Wade got here. Winning this game feels like a punch in the stomach if that happens. These players work their asses off all year long and win all these games, all for their pencil neck HC to show absolutely no confidence in them when it counts, but he'll put his confidence in a kicker who has already shown that he'll blow it when it counts?? Same stupid coach he's always been that used to trust guys like Chris Brown (The RB) at the end of games where we would lose.

How do you not at least try to throw an outlet pass or screen pass on 3rd and 14? No, instead we put the game in the hands of a kicker who just blew last week when the game was on the line. This is why Kubiak should have been kicked to the curb head first years ago. He doesn't learn from previos mistakes, he plays not to lose, he can't even watch plays at the end of games, and he is still an embarrassment.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know Kubiak's typical kids in here will call this thread stupid, will bring up our win/loss record this season, or will talk about his hair or something, but he's still a joke. We win "in spite" of Kubiak and always will.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, Tex! :D

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 05:06 PM

Seriously. Plus Schaub just led how many critical or putting us into a position to win drives in the last two games and he still isn't clutch and is playing crappy supposedly?

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 05:06 PM

Today wasn't about Kubiak. It was a short week, a long previous game, a highly motivated opponent fighting for their season, and a Texans team that's starting to get beat up and maybe just would have rather been anywhere but Detroit on Thanksgiving day.

They were sloppy. They looked a step slow. The secondary was dreadful and the pass rush (apart from Watt) was right there with them. The offense was slow to start up and inconsistent when they did finally get going. Schaub was inaccurate at times.

None of this was Kubiak's fault. Sorry, he called that game very well considering the state his team was in.

100% Agree.

We should have lost that game.

This was a meaningful game to someone. It would be great if I had Kubes on speed dial & he'd take my calls during the game.

But alas.

The Texans (from top to bottom) probably don't feel good about this game. But they got a win & they can rest for few days. Gather themselves, and come back with a "good product" in Tennessee.

Kubiak almost gave this one away. But so did Matt, Andre, McCain, Harris (68) Bradie James, & Graham (17).

They deserve the rest & our support.

GP
11-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Wins barely soothe the ever growing concern that exists.

We're obviously all in this marriage together, so it's frustrating to know that we've pretty much hit our ceiling with him as our HC.

He's evolved only minimally, so yeah that sort of sucks to see the same draw play on 3rd and long...except way at the back end of the game when the Lions played the draw and we threw it to, IIRC, AJ. If Kubiak is doing that to someday crack out a better play, then I guess he finally decided today was the day to do it.

This defense, IMO, is cracking under the pressure of Gary's style of offense...the playcalling in particular.

I knew this would happen. I said the greatest challenge would be "Will this defense become so good that the offense leans on it too much?" Well, some chickens are coming home to roost.

Hookem Horns
11-22-2012, 05:08 PM

As I have been saying for years he is a great OC but a bad HC. I actually agree with most of the OP. The play calls at the end of that first OT drive had me ripping the buttons out of my remote.

Turning his back and not being able to watch crucial FGs is very telling on how he coaches.

Texecutioner
11-22-2012, 05:09 PM
i know what u mean but a 51 yard kick is never a gimmie its a 50 50 chance but u know what on the Road OT game u go 4 the win right there Gahram kicked it pretty good and barely miss .... have no problem with

I do wish we would of thrown at least 1 safe bass in that end zone But What ever that outside run looked good he could of broke it but hey that lion player made a good tackle

My problem is the same thing that people have bitched about all year and for several years. It's 3rd and 14, and you run the ball with a terrible kicker to try and finish the game?? Sorrry, but that is stupid as hell.

Two things here.

1. People who stick up for Kubiak on his decision making for putting the game in the hands of Graham for a 51 yarder after what he has shown this season really don't know football that well. You don't run the ball on 3rd and 14 with Graham kicking FG's.

2. And people in this thread that think Detroit has a good defense are clueless. When you use NFL rankings to make a point, you show are little you do know.

Hervoyel
11-22-2012, 05:09 PM

Exactly. Can I just say that when both Thorn and myself are saying "Enough already!" it's really enough already.

We both bash Kubiak every time he screws up. We're good at it.

Give it a rest. Please?

dream_team
11-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Statistically, the Lions have the best offense and 10th best defense in the league. They are a lot better than their record shows. They just don't know how to win games in the end, which proved correct today. This was a tough win, against a good team, on the road, on 3 days rest after a 5 quarter game... Took some luck, but I'll take it!

Say what you wanna say about Kubiak, but its hard to argue with 10-1.

Tango
11-22-2012, 05:10 PM
2. And people in this thread that think Detroit has a good defense are clueless. When you use NFL rankings to make a point, you show are little you do know.

No, it only shows that YOU don't know how to make a real argument, but only know how to spout out unsupported OPINION. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Texecutioner
11-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Have a happy Thanksgiving, Tex! :D

Brisket just got off of the smoker Marcus. It's looking pretty good.

You do the same. :fans:

Hervoyel
11-22-2012, 05:12 PM
100% Agree.

We should have lost that game.

This was a meaningful game to someone. It would be great if I had Kubes on speed dial & he'd take my calls during the game.

But alas.

The Texans (from top to bottom) probably don't feel good about this game. But they got a win & they can rest for few days. Gather themselves, and come back with a "good product" in Tennessee.

Kubiak almost gave this one away. But so did Matt, Andre, McCain, Harris (68) Bradie James, & Graham (17).

They deserve the rest & our support.

McCain..... someone should meet him at the airport with a baseball bat. That man is useless. McCain, Ball, and Demps all combined aren't half the CB that JJo is when he's healthy. The defense is really worrying me. We're getting lit up weekly now and as the season goes on we're getting more and more banged up.

dream_team
11-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Look guys. Kubiak is a conservative coach. He's always going to play the odds & percentages. It will cost us some games, but most of the time, win us games. Once you accept this, you'll become a much happier texans fan!

Wolf
11-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Kubiak is speaking on nfl network now

Texecutioner
11-22-2012, 05:15 PM
No, it only shows that YOU don't know how to make a real argument, but only now how to spout out unsupported OPINION. Happy Thanksgiving!!

No, if you think Detroit has a good defense you're either uninformed or you haven't watched them much. Their defense is horrible. And if you think that NFL rankings means diddly squat, well then you haven't watched football that long, because their system on rankings has never evolved around points which is what wins games and loses games.

And if you read anything in this thread other then the title which is all I can assume that you've read based off of your poor attempt to rebuttal anything, then you'd realize that it's Kubiak's decision making at the end of games that has been a huge worry for people for years and that's exactly what this thread is about.

But go ahead and act like you read something and rebuttalled what was actually stated. It might make you sound like you know something.

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 05:15 PM
And basically he just said all the couch coaches need to STFU - he called the same pass play to Casey the first series, the defense show a look which made them check out of it.

bigbrewster2000
11-22-2012, 05:17 PM
My problem is the same thing that people have bitched about all year and for several years. It's 3rd and 14, and you run the ball with a terrible kicker to try and finish the game?? Sorrry, but that is stupid as hell.

Two things here.

1. People who stick up for Kubiak on his decision making for putting the game in the hands of Graham for a 51 yarder after what he has shown this season really don't know football that well. You don't run the ball on 3rd and 14 with Graham kicking FG's.

I was screaming at the tv wanting to know why he did that as well. I hated that play call with a passion. I also think he is a little over conservative at the end of games. But all that being said we won the game wether of not it was in spite of Kubiak or not. Enjoy the win a little. Dang. Goosfraba buddy. Goosfraba.

stingray
11-22-2012, 05:19 PM

Two things here.

You know, that is your problem. You assume that everybody is dumber than you.

I have the sunday and ticket, I also have NFL shortcuts, which cuts down every NFL game in 30 minutes. I have watched at least 6 games of the Lions, at least. How many games have you seen of the Lions, seriously?

Their defense is not that bad, they might not be a top 10 defense like the rankings , but they aren't bottom 10. The Lions offense has been inconsistent, so the defense has had to pick it up. Nick Fairley has been playing out of his mind in the last couple weeks. He gave Aaron rodgers hell last week. I didn't even hear his name today.

So please, stop assuming that everybody is dumber than you and that your opinion is superior. Too me you're just Johnny raincloud.

76Texan
11-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Tex likes griping as his dressings for the Turkey.
I would just give him his fun.

We hear you Tex, but could you pretty please give it a rest until Monday and just be happy for the weekend.

Marcus
11-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Brisket just got off of the smoker Marcus. It's looking pretty good.

You do the same. :fans:

Aw man, Tex! Brisket!! I'm sitting here fuller than you know what, and you have my mouth watering! Enjoy!

Texecutioner
11-22-2012, 05:21 PM
I was screaming at the tv wanting to know why he did that as well. I hated that play call with a passion. I also think he is a little over conservative at the end of games. But all that being said we won the game wether of not it was in spite of Kubiak or not. Enjoy the win a little. Dang. Goosfraba buddy. Goosfraba.

Made the thread before the game was even over. It didn't matter if we won or lost. That wasn't the point. It's the typical turtle dick ways of Kubiak and how plays not to lose. Always running the ball on a play that is 3rd and 9+, and giving the ball to the other team or settling. I would have had no problem with the play if we actually had a kicker that hadn't shown that he was a big choker. We have a choker at kicker and that's who you're putting your confidence in?? That's stupid football. It should have cost us the game. The difference in winning and losing doesn't change the bad positioning that the HC put the team in by not trying to win the game. Same stuff that haunted this losing team for years before Wade's defense made this team a consistent winner. Sure, it messed up against a good offense in the Lions and even the Jags, but I've got a lot of confidence in Wade's abilities to make adjustments. I don't have that same ability in some turtle dick HC who can't even watch the last play of the game in his 7th season as a HC.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Look guys. Kubiak is a conservative coach. He's always going to play the odds & percentages. It will cost us some games, but most of the time, win us games. Once you accept this, you'll become a much happier texans fan!

I just heard Kubiak reply to a question about being conservative in the second half. He said something about callings a particular play three times looking for a particular defense & we had to check out of it three times.

So while we believe MAtt doesn't audible, he does some ok Nguyen that is pretty similar.

Texecutioner
11-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Aw man, Tex! Brisket!! I'm sitting here fuller than you know what, and you have my mouth watering! Enjoy!

Turkey and Brisket this year. Been smoking for about 8 hours. :truck:

ATXtexanfan
11-22-2012, 05:25 PM

when you gonna realize his qb is average at best.

ObsiWan
I've been wondering how long you could keep quiet even though we're winning.
:lol:

corytx8

I will enjoy this win, but that playcall series almost cost us that game. Everyone and their mom knew that you need to get deeper into their territory for our kicker. The guy is 10/24 from beyond the 50 in his career.

Thanks the lions kicker kick being rejected by the goal post, we will win this game.

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 05:29 PM
OK - once again. The play call on the missed OT FG was the exact same as on the 2nd. It was designed to go to Casey. Detroit showed a D Schaub didn't like and he checked out to a run.

bigbrewster2000
11-22-2012, 05:40 PM
I will enjoy this win, but that playcall series almost cost us that game. Everyone and their mom knew that you need to get deeper into their territory for our kicker. The guy is 10/24 from beyond the 50 in his career.

Thanks the lions kicker kick being rejected by the goal post, we will win this game.

I totally agree with you. I am still going to ejoy the win regardless. At least for today.

buddyboy
11-22-2012, 05:42 PM
you know, that is your problem. You assume that everybody is dumber than you.

I have the sunday and ticket, i also have nfl shortcuts, which cuts down every nfl game in 30 minutes. I have watched at least 6 games of the lions, at least. How many games have you seen of the lions, seriously?

Their defense is not that bad, they might not be a top 10 defense like the rankings , but they aren't bottom 10. The lions offense has been inconsistent, so the defense has had to pick it up. Nick fairley has been playing out of his mind in the last couple weeks. He gave aaron rodgers hell last week. I didn't even hear his name today.

So please, stop assuming that everybody is dumber than you and that your opinion is superior. Too me you're just johnny raincloud.

my opinion is more important than yours

bigbrewster2000
11-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Made the thread before the game was even over. It didn't matter if we won or lost. That wasn't the point. It's the typical turtle dick ways of Kubiak and how plays not to lose. Always running the ball on a play that is 3rd and 9+, and giving the ball to the other team or settling. I would have had no problem with the play if we actually had a kicker that hadn't shown that he was a big choker. We have a choker at kicker and that's who you're putting your confidence in?? That's stupid football. It should have cost us the game. The difference in winning and losing doesn't change the bad positioning that the HC put the team in by not trying to win the game. Same stuff that haunted this losing team for years before Wade's defense made this team a consistent winner. Sure, it messed up against a good offense in the Lions and even the Jags, but I've got a lot of confidence in Wade's abilities to make adjustments. I don't have that same ability in some turtle dick HC who can't even watch the last play of the game in his 7th season as a HC.
Well you have made multiple posts after the game ended stating the same thing all of which I agree with. I am just saying enjoy the win on our first Turkey game day. Now go eat your brisket! :)

run-david-run
11-22-2012, 05:49 PM
This loss was certainly on Kubes, should it have happened. Both the field goal situation and not running more clock off before tying the game at the 2 minute warning should have lost us this game.

It didn't. More importantly, we got a clear indication Kubes learned his lesson when we got a miraculous second chance, faking the run and throwing to Casey for a huge gain.

Like most things in the NFL, there are good and bad aspects to Kubiak. He showed his bad side today, no doubt, but he also displayed the single most important thing a person in his position can show: the ability to learn from a mistake.

nytexan
11-22-2012, 05:57 PM
OK - once again. The play call on the missed OT FG was the exact same as on the 2nd. It was designed to go to Casey. Detroit showed a D Schaub didn't like and he checked out to a run.

First Happy Thanksgiving, second, I must be the only one who doesn't have you on an ignore list or something. What in your statement doesn't make it clear Kubiak didn't make the CALL....... Schaub DID!!!!!!!!!!

Surreal McCoy
11-22-2012, 06:00 PM

Can't be. I've been assured Kubiak is such a control freak that he won't allow audibles/play changes at the LOS.

GP
11-22-2012, 06:06 PM
This loss was certainly on Kubes, should it have happened. Both the field goal situation and not running more clock off before tying the game at the 2 minute warning should have lost us this game.

It didn't. More importantly, we got a clear indication Kubes learned his lesson when we got a miraculous second chance, faking the run and throwing to Casey for a huge gain.

Like most things in the NFL, there are good and bad aspects to Kubiak. He showed his bad side today, no doubt, but he also displayed the single most important thing a person in his position can show: the ability to learn from a mistake.

Kubiak definitely figured he better grow some balls on the final winning possession we had.

He just drags **** out to the last second, he waits too long to adjust.

People defending him are hilarious. We lose the Jags game AND this game, they'd be right here bitching WITH us.

But hey, wins somehow erase problem areas. Until you start losing those games, of course. Everybody feels like guys get a pass when we win the nail biters.

I remove the W or the L from it and just say "Was it avoidable? Yes. But we have always expressed doubts about Kubiak in these same moments."

Win was good, but come on...if we lose those games nobody here would be this gracious right now.

Thorn
11-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Can't be. I've been assured Kubiak is such a control freak that he won't allow audibles/play changes at the LOS.

Schaub and Kubiak both said in thier pressors that the play was going to go to the TE, but was changed at the line because of the defense.

Wolf
11-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah and right now my least concern is Kubiak. It is the defense. Giving up over 3o points. Injuries are mounting a bit and besides Watt, we aren't getting pressure

Getting concerned because I'd Henne and stafford puts up 30. What will Manning and Brady do?

GP
11-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Schaub and Kubiak both said in thier pressors that the play was going to go to the TE, but was changed at the line because of the defense.

Matt can audible out of a pass and into a run, but from what I recall he has to audible to a specific play....

....Which means he can't just freestyle it out there and draw up a play HE wants.

IIRC, the audible is predetermined or at least Kubiak gives him the audible call to use on each play or it's restricted somehow.

Someone tell me if that's wrong.

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Matt can audible out of a pass and into a run, but from what I recall he has to audible to a specific play....

....Which means he can't just freestyle it out there and draw up a play HE wants.

IIRC, the audible is predetermined or at least Kubiak gives him the audible call to use on each play or it's restricted somehow.

Someone tell me if that's wrong.

He can audible both ways and has more than one option but it is a limited playlist. Outside of hurry up offense that is the case for almost all QB's. Some have more options on the playlist.

Trail.Blazr
11-22-2012, 06:20 PM
You know, I made a comment to my wife on a walk after the game and dinner, that if I were the HC, the Texans would be 11-0 right now....

Ha! It sounded good, but the moment I said it, just as the moment any of you read that I said it, the BS flag started to rise. Anyhow, my self awareness of BS, got me thinking.. There is SO much more to being a HC than play calling, that I'll never know or see on TV. All I can relate to is play calling.

I think it's fair to say that Gary is a players coach, and probably a damn good coach overall. But he's definitely got some upside on the play calling side of the game.

Who know's why he's so conservative... At 10-1, he certainly can sit back and point to the score board to anyone who wants to question him.

Here's my takeaway from this thread, today's game and the season, overall, thus far:

This team is for sure one of the better teams in the NFL, records aside. I would HOPE that Kubiak will use the season long commitment to conservative play calling to cash in on pantsing some unsuspecting opponent in the playoffs or better yet the Super Bowl...

However.... I have my doubts as to whether Houston gets a crack at the Lombardi trophy. The special teams WILL cost us when the bad teams are home and Houston is playing the better teams in the NFL in January.

But for today.. The turkey tastes better than it should!!!

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah and right now my least concern is Kubiak. It is the defense. Giving up over 3o points. Injuries are mounting a bit and besides Watt, we aren't getting pressure

Getting concerned because I'd Henne and stafford puts up 30. What will Manning and Brady do?

Well we already saw what Manning would do.

The thing that concerns me is the run D. I never thought I'd say it, but I think we're missing Shaun Cody.

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 06:23 PM

Nobody does this. Not in the NFL. Not in Div I. Not any organized football that I know.

GP
11-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Nobody does this. Not in the NFL. Not in Div I. Not any organized football that I know.

Forehead does. He's got that team to where they know he's going to bail to a whole big list of plays that HE can call.

That's one reason why Forehead was never a serious consideration to come to Houston. Kubiak wants ultimate control, and there's something good about that IMO. Keeps a QB focused on the play, not trying to be an o-coord too.

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Forehead does.

While he used to have the most leeway in the league even then he wasn't unfettered. The coaches picked the personnel package, formation and called three plays then Manning could call audibles to the play he picked in the huddle.

That's one reason why Forehead was never a serious consideration to come to Houston. Kubiak wants ultimate control, and there's something good about that IMO. Keeps a QB focused on the play, not trying to be an o-coord too.

FOS. If it was a reason at all (which it wasn't) it would have been reason 20,000,002, right after the $20 mil salary and lack of cap space.

worldlyman
11-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Kubiak definitely figured he better grow some balls on the final winning possession we had.

He just drags **** out to the last second, he waits too long to adjust.

People defending him are hilarious. We lose the Jags game AND this game, they'd be right here bitching WITH us.

But hey, wins somehow erase problem areas. Until you start losing those games, of course. Everybody feels like guys get a pass when we win the nail biters.

I remove the W or the L from it and just say "Was it avoidable? Yes. But we have always expressed doubts about Kubiak in these same moments."

Win was good, but come on...if we lose those games nobody here would be this gracious right now.

If, if, if if...if Brian Cushing and J Jo were healthy, along with B Reed staying in the game, maybe the Texans offense wouldn't have had to be in clutch-mode the past couple weeks.

Chad Henne is no Tom Brady but he has physical tools to put up 350 yards on any given Sunday. And going up against Matthew & Calvin today already made it difficult for the Texans offense to keep up. Ain't gonna blame Kubiak per se.

If, if in some alternate universe the Lions made that field goal.

But in this universe, the Houston Texans really were in a difficult situation, coming out of the gate slow, going up against a talented and desperate team on a difficult day...and in OUR universe: Houston 34 Detroit 31.
HOUSTON 10-1.

There is NO "if" about that. Not in our REALITY on 11/22/12!

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Forehead does. He's got that team to where they know he's going to bail to a whole big list of plays that HE can call.

No, your last post made it sound like he draws them up on the spot. He doesn't. Even when he was with the Colts, he went to the line with 3 plays.

Don't fall for all the hand signals, all the "adjustments" they made are the same adjustments we make, we just don't make a show of it at the LOS.

Wolf
11-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't know if the madden game has made everyone experts on coaching or what(not directed at anyone in particular, just seems all over the place people aren't happy today)

On a positive note, the coach that made the least boneheaded play calling and challenges got the win today :)

dream_team
11-22-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't know if the madden game has made everyone experts on coaching or what(not directed at anyone in particular, just seems all over the place people aren't happy today)

On a positive note, the coach that made the least boneheaded play calling and challenges got the win today :)

It's funny how some people on here think they know what it takes to be an NFL head coach.

GP
11-22-2012, 07:32 PM
No, your last post made it sound like he draws them up on the spot. He doesn't. Even when he was with the Colts, he went to the line with 3 plays.

Don't fall for all the hand signals, all the "adjustments" they made are the same adjustments we make, we just don't make a show of it at the LOS.

I would say I said it correctly. Forehead looks at a defense and makes the call if he wants to...to any play he thinks takes advantage of the defense's alignment.

It would foolish for you to try and make it sound like I said he's creating "new" plays on the fly. All of us here know what I meant.

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2012, 07:34 PM
I rate 10-1 .....

:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

Texan_Bill
11-22-2012, 07:41 PM

I like Kubiak, but even I questioned a lot of the play calling today. I would venture to say that this was not his best play calling day.

At the end of the day, we went into a hostile environment against an extremely motivated team nay, desperate team and came away with another win. So I'm not going to go all "postal" like some of the threads I've read.

Kubiak's best play call of the day was Forsett for 81 yards! ;)

badboy
11-22-2012, 07:46 PM

Oh, and before I forget, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :chef:A wise man can see his wife's butt is too big for the jeans. A wiser man says nothing.

I think Gary is doing better this year but on that play I was frustrated he did not try to get closer with sideline pass.

rolyat93
11-22-2012, 08:25 PM

Keep ****ing winning. Same that he's been doing.

playa465
11-22-2012, 08:40 PM

Correct, over the last few weeks even the announcers have commented on how we can be in one formation and run 3 different plays from it. Schaub CAN change the initial play call as long as its in the same formation. He has that freedom based on how he sees/feels the defense.

toronto
11-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Man I'd like to be this pissed and unhappy with a 10-1 team missing their heart and soul on defense.

Corrosion
11-22-2012, 08:48 PM

MSR .....

For what its worth , I thought Alan Ball played a pretty damn good game today. Even on the Megatron TD his coverage was about as tight as you can get. He was an inch away from breaking up that pass.

Seasick Sailor
11-22-2012, 08:48 PM
We are 10-1 and our opponent's coach literally cost his team the game by being a hot-headed dumbass.

How can you be pissed at Kubes?

Would you rather have the Lions coach?

klockWork
11-22-2012, 10:04 PM
With just over 2 minutes left in the 4thQ, 1st & goal down 7, could someone tell me what's the logic behind hurrying up to get a play off instead of letting it tick down to the 2 min warning? Are we intentionally trying to give Stafford enough time to drive his team for a game winning FG attempt if we were to tie the game?

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 10:12 PM
With just over 2 minutes left in the 4thQ, 1st & goal down 7, could someone tell me what's the logic behind hurrying up to get a play off instead of letting it tick down to the 2 min warning? Are we intentionally trying to give Stafford enough time to drive his team for a game winning FG attempt if we were to tie the game?

The theory was to score quickly, stop quickly and try to score again to win in regulation.

EllisUnit
11-22-2012, 10:14 PM
The theory was to score quickly, stop quickly and try to score again to win in regulation.

exactly, it would be worse to give stafford and megatron 1 minute left, that would give us NO time if they did kick a FG.

utahmark
11-22-2012, 10:18 PM

That should of ended the thread. I'm sure it won't though.

Tex, if you want something to gripe about how about kicking the field goal on 1st and goal with over 2 min left. If he would of missed that kick Detroit would of had plenty of time to drive down the field and win the game. I think we should of ran the clock down to just a few seconds, that way we either win or tie.

ObsiWan
11-22-2012, 10:23 PM
That should of ended the thread. I'm sure it won't though.

Tex, if you want something to gripe about how about kicking the field goal on 1st and goal with over 2 min left . If he would of missed that kick Detroit would of had plenty of time to drive down the field and win the game. I think we should of ran the clock down to just a few seconds, that way we either win or tie.

What was Detroit's time out situ at that point? I don't recall how many they had left at the time. If they were out of time outs, then your strategy is sound.
But if still had two or three left, they would have used them after every play and we still wouldn't have been able to run the time down to near nothing. Does anyone recall how many they had at the time??

Steal Your Face
11-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Same ole sorry 10-1, playoff going to, home field advantage winning, best record in the NFL having, 5 game win streaking, Kubiak ...

I guess the fools that ripped him for the play call that sprouted this thread now feel pretty silly after finding out that it was supposed to be a pass to Casey but Schaub changed it at the LOS because he didn't like the look the defense gave him.:tease:

thunderkyss
11-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Same ole sorry 10-1, playoff going to, home field advantage winning, best record in the NFL having, 5 game win streaking, Kubiak ...

The world's not right if we're not complaining about the Texans. All this 10-1 crap is cutting into our complaining.

Being that as it may, after watching the defense get exposed the last two weeks, it is obvious that we are going to lose in the play-offs.

We're just getting an early start.

Surreal McCoy
11-22-2012, 10:27 PM

I guess the fools that ripped him for the play call that sprouted this thread now feel pretty silly after finding out that it was supposed to be a pass to Casey but Schaub changed it at the LOS because he didn't like the look the defense gave him.:tease:

Nah, they're just acting like they haven't seen it...

utahmark
11-22-2012, 10:28 PM
What was Detroit's time out situ at that point? I don't recall how many they had left at the time. If they were out of time outs, then your strategy is sound.
But if still had two or three left, they would have used them after every play and we still wouldn't have been able to run the time down to near nothing. Does anyone recall how many they had at the time??

They might of had one left. You only get two during overtime and they had already used at least one, on the first field goal attempt.

Corrosion
11-22-2012, 10:29 PM

I questioned the decision at the time but thought about that afterwards .... I think under the circumstances , playing on the road , after a short week already having played an OT game last week and having one of the NFL's best defenses ... thats a reasonable thought process.

They were trying to win .... instead of playing not to lose. (so much for the turtle Kubiak ?!)

HOU-TEX
11-22-2012, 10:32 PM
I like Kubiak, but even I questioned a lot of the play calling today. I would venture to say that this was not his best play calling day.

At the end of the day, we went into a hostile environment against an extremely motivated team nay, desperate team and came away with another win. So I'm not going to go all "postal" like some of the threads I've read.

Kubiak's best play call of the day was Forsett for 81 yards! ;)

Agreed. I've never been a big fan of Graham. I was quite upset we didn't push the ball closer on the 51 yarder. Now that I know the play was audibled, it's whatever. Honestly, our defense is killing me. Going from being great on 3rd downs to this? Not good IMO. Eh, hopefully this extra rest will help get us back on track.

utahmark
11-22-2012, 10:33 PM
I questioned the decision at the time but thought about that afterwards .... I think under the circumstances , playing on the road , after a short week already having played an OT game last week and having one of the NFL's best defenses ... thats a reasonable thought process.

They were trying to win .... instead of playing not to lose. (so much for the turtle Kubiak ?!)

I guess if your think your defense can stop them and get yourself one more chance. Does not matter, he got us the win.... again.

steelbtexan
11-22-2012, 10:40 PM

This post sums up my feelings about Gary today. The only questionable call other than running the ball and letting Graham kick a long FG, was letting him kick the GW FG on 1st down. (Too Conservative. IMHO) Appartently Gary trusts Graham alot more than the Texans fanbase does.

ObsiWan
11-22-2012, 10:49 PM
This post sums up my feelings about Gary today. The only questionable call other than running the ball and letting Graham kick a long FG, was letting him kick the GW FG on 1st down. (Too Conservative. IMHO) Appartently Gary trusts Graham alot more than the Texans fanbase does.

His team had just played 10 qtrs of football in four days. His guys were getting beat up. Both teams had had chances to score in O/T and the way I understand the new O/T rule is once that's been achieved - both teams having at least one possession - then the next score wins. We were close enough for this kick to be a chip shot - even for Graham - so why run any more plays? They'd be just additional opportunities for something else strange - Foster to fumble with his banged up hand or Suh to get another cheap shot at Schaub - to happen in an already strange game.

417Texan
11-22-2012, 10:58 PM
I disliked when he settled for the first fg. He should of gone for a Td or put the Ball where Graham had a better chance to make it.

klockWork
11-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Did I miss something? I thought I watched every Texans game this season, but when did Graham earned his Adam Vinaterri Trust Badges?

In his career he has one kick made over 50 yds. He also miss 2 makeable FG 4 days ago. And yet our offense loiter around the 30 yd line without a care in the world.

Is Graham married to Kubiak's daughter or something? Where is all this trust for Graham coming from before that miss FG?

infantrycak
11-22-2012, 11:53 PM
In his career he has one kick made over 50 yds.

You're reading the stats wrong. He has 10 over 50 on his career.

edwardc5637
11-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Exactly. Can I just say that when both Thorn and myself are saying "Enough already!" it's really enough already.

We both bash Kubiak every time he screws up. We're good at it.

Give it a rest. Please?

If you are telling the truth who can complain.

rolyat93
11-23-2012, 12:02 AM
I disliked when he settled for the first fg. He should of gone for a Td or put the Ball where Graham had a better chance to make it.

Alan Ball has forced us to capitalize ball out of habit.:toropalm:

edwardc5637
11-23-2012, 12:04 AM
This slow down offense doesn't work there is a time you have to let your qb do his thing GK is not trusting the QB to do his job you cant win like that.

Corrosion
11-23-2012, 12:39 AM
This slow down offense doesn't work there is a time you have to let your qb do his thing GK is not trusting the QB to do his job you cant win like that.

The above post is full of fail. :polevault:

10-1 ? WTF ?!

Steal Your Face
11-23-2012, 12:47 AM

What do you mean "you can't win like that"?

Scooter
11-23-2012, 12:58 AM
yup, same old kubiak indeed. 10-1, a .528+ winning percentage that's climbing, a top tier offense every season even when we sucked, and just happened to do that while replacing all but 1 player in 6 years. i especially love that the hate is coming after we score 77 points in two games.

now i just wish he'd give schaub more freedom to throw, like for 500 yards, or he'd call the play i drew up in my backyard instead of kicking a field goal to win, or go for it on 4th and 15 on our own 2 yard line. the conservative playcalling has to stop or else we're going to lose every game ever!

Corrosion
11-23-2012, 01:31 AM
What do you mean "you can't win like that"?

He's talking outa his ass cause his mouth knows better .... 10-1 speaks volumes.

utahmark
11-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Looking at a series or two and using that as proof we need a new coach is insane in my book. First of all it sounds like he did have pass plays called in a couple of those situations and they had to audible into a run. You just cant know all the reasoning behind every call.

But the bigger picture you have to look at is that play calling is just a small part of what a coach has to do. He has to manage every aspect of the team get the right players into the right positions to excell. He has to put the other coaches in positions to suceed. He has to help pick the players to play on the team. Keep those players motivated and inspired. Deal with the media. No when to have walk throughs all week during the week instead of normal practices. There are to many different aspects to even list.

Gary is doing all that and winning. The last two weeks he hasn't even had that great defense to help his team out but somehow he just keeps on winning. He had injuries to deal with but he still somehow keeps them playing hard and winning. He doesn't even use most of the high draft picks on his offense. He usually lets the defense get all the goodies on draft day. Yet he takes these mid rounders and leftovers from other teams and somehow has one of the top offenses in the league. And, they keep winning. Do you see a common denominator I'm getting at. This team is winning. My vote is to keep our 10 and 1 coach. I like our chances.

Corrosion
11-23-2012, 02:05 AM
Looking at a series or two and using that as proof we need a new coach is insane in my book. First of all it sounds like he did have pass plays called in a couple of those situations and they had to audible into a run. You just cant know all the reasoning behind every call.

But the bigger picture you have to look at is that play calling is just a small part of what a coach has to do. He has to manage every aspect of the team get the right players into the right positions to excell. He has to put the other coaches in positions to suceed. He has to help pick the players to play on the team. Keep those players motivated and inspired. Deal with the media. No when to have walk throughs all week during the week instead of normal practices. There are to many different aspects to even list.

Gary is doing all that and winning. The last two weeks he hasn't even had that great defense to help his team out but somehow he just keeps on winning. He had injuries to deal with but he still somehow keeps them playing hard and winning. He doesn't even use most of the high draft picks on his offense. He usually lets the defense get all the goodies on draft day. Yet he takes these mid rounders and leftovers from other teams and somehow has one of the top offenses in the league. And, they keep winning. Do you see a common denominator I'm getting at. This team is winning. My vote is to keep our 10 and 1 coach. I like our chances.

Somebody rep this guy for me. :truck:

infantrycak
11-23-2012, 02:10 AM

I got him for us.

The Pencil Neck
11-23-2012, 02:16 AM
I look at it like this: Some people made up their minds a long time ago that they hated Kubiak as their head coach. They don't like they way he calls players "kids", they don't like the way he doesn't watch field goals, they don't like when he makes conservative play-calls, they don't like when he makes risky play-calls, they don't like how he manages the clock, they don't like the way he organizes his plays on his play sheet, they don't like the way he does his hair, etc., etc.

It's not going to matter if we win, it's not going to matter if we make it to the AFC championship game, it's not going to matter if we win a Super Bowl. They don't like him and they want someone else to be our coach.

I like Kubiak. And I like winning.

All I can do is think, "How would I feel if Rex Ryan was our coach and we were winning?" It would be hard for me to get behind him and root for him to win because I just don't like him. I hope I'd find a way but I know I'd have him on a short leash and at the first hint of trouble, I'd be bitchin.

So now, guys like Texecutioner are grasping at straws even in victories. If we had lost this game, I'm sure we would have seen a total meltdown of several members of this board even though we would have been 9-2.

I just hope we keep winning but Wade's got to figure out what's wrong with our defense and fix it. I want a Super Bowl.

Scooter
11-23-2012, 02:27 AM

done, and well earned

Corrosion
11-23-2012, 02:36 AM
they don't like the way he doesn't watch field goals.

If you had Shayne Graham kicking your field goals, especially from ~50 .... would you be watching ???

I cant even watch them and my job doesnt hinge upon them. :gun:

ChampionTexan
11-23-2012, 02:40 AM
I got him for us.

done, and well earned

I got him too.

MojoX
11-23-2012, 03:04 AM

Well said. Bravo.

ThaShark316
11-23-2012, 03:04 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/ivzvk9.jpg

https://yfrog.com/a/img875/982/o9gov.jpg

wtp
11-23-2012, 03:26 AM
You really don't know what you're talking about. The only example you gave about him being a bad coach was the kick on third down. The last couple of running plays on 3rd and short yardage were for losses. Throwing it could cause a game ending turnover. The field goal wasn't that far; definitely doable for Graham.

Gary's known for being an excellent play caller. You can see this by how dynamically our offense plays. Whatever our opponents defense requires us to do, we can do. Whether it be through passing or running or any mix.

Compare him to the lions coach. He caused gave us a touchdown, 15 yards, and, they spent a timeout.

GlassHalfFull
11-23-2012, 08:36 AM
I see these threads and I can't help thinking about how a large percentage of the NFL has more legitimate grips about their head coach.

Maybe some here should try walking in other fan's shoes for a week or so and see how that feels.

Utah and Pencil nailed it and saved me a lot of typing. I do think you can add in that some diehard Longhorn fans can't get over the fact that he is an Aggie.

FirstTexansFan
11-23-2012, 08:42 AM
I see these threads and I can't help thinking about how a large percentage of the NFL has more legitimate grips about their head coach.

Maybe some here should try walking in other fan's shoes for a week or so and see how that feels.

Utah and Pencil nailed it and saved me a lot of typing. I do think you can add in that some diehard Longhorn fans can't get over the fact that he is an Aggie.

Exactly :) MSR, or I'd have given ya some here.

Playoffs
11-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Gah!

I hate waking up today thinking where this team's record could be with a decent head coach. :smiliepalm:

Thorn
11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Gah!

I hate waking up today thinking where this team's record could be with a decent head coach. :smiliepalm:

:lol:

Now that's just damn funny. + rep.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2012, 08:54 AM

:thumbup

Mr teX
11-23-2012, 09:35 AM
This thread is ridiculous...typical of the poster though.

Goatcheese
11-23-2012, 09:41 AM
When the Texans weren't winning all we ever heard from you jackholes was how it didn't matter if they played well and lost. "You are what your record says you are."

Suddenly we're getting the wins and now it doesn't matter if we win the game, they have to look not just good but damn near perfect doing it.

We need a forum subsection where whiners can go and cut themselves in a dark corner like little emo kids. Nobody else wants to see it.

DexmanC
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM
https://yfrog.com/a/img875/982/o9gov.jpg

LMAO. This is Kubiak's new low-key system for looking away from fieldgoals.
He used to bend over and squint his eyes. Now, he has designated a coach to
give him a signal for "good" or "no good."

This change definitely shows his growth as head coach. Honestly, I'm happy Kubiak
has a team of coaches (not just Wade) who allow his attributes to turn into wins.

Mr teX
11-23-2012, 10:37 AM
LMAO. This is Kubiak's new low-key system for looking away from fieldgoals.
He used to bend over and squint his eyes. Now, he has designated a coach to
give him a signal for "good" or "no good."

This change definitely shows his growth as head coach. Honestly, I'm happy Kubiak
has a team of coaches (not just Wade) who allow his attributes to turn into wins.

What i can't for the life of me understand to this day is...why does it bother people on this board so much that the guy doesn't look at crucial fg's? I mean, how does that action harm the team in any way shape or form?

If anything it shows that the guy is so wrapped up in winning that it just kills him to potentially see a missed game winning fg. Other than that, its just a quirky little thing he does. Get over it already folks.

Hookem Horns
11-23-2012, 11:02 AM
If you had Shayne Graham kicking your field goals, especially from ~50 .... would you be watching ???

Yes .. by watching kicks I would probably know it's not a very good idea to play for a 50+ yard field goal with this guy (or any kicker for that matter).

Kaiser Toro
11-23-2012, 11:20 AM
The staff and team had some brain farts yesterday. But unlike the past Texans and most teams, the sum of the parts has been able to overcome adversity on a weekly basis.

This team is on a mission to win, and have full confidence that they are fully aware of what is at risk given the experience of last year. Consequently, I am enjoying every snap as this team stretches itself in finding ways to win. :texflag:

76Texan
11-23-2012, 11:25 AM
This thread is ridiculous...typical of the poster though.

I laugh so hard hahahahhaha

Hardcore Texan
11-23-2012, 11:26 AM
We are 10-1 people!! We got some self beaters in here or what?

A lot of us are a little superstitious when it comes to football, maybe that what Kubiak has going on there.

Go Texans!!!

rush2112mn
11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
This thread is worthless.....

76Texan
11-23-2012, 11:34 AM
This thread is worthless.....

You're dead wrong haha.
It's so fun to read.

TEXANRED
11-23-2012, 11:36 AM
OK so lets break out some pink soap!

ThaShark316
11-23-2012, 11:37 AM
What i can't for the life of me understand to this day is...why does it bother people on this board so much that the guy doesn't look at crucial fg's? I mean, how does that action harm the team in any way shape or form?

If anything it shows that the guy is so wrapped up in winning that it just kills him to potentially see a missed game winning fg. Other than that, its just a quirky little thing he does. Get over it already folks.

Players do it ALL THE TIME. Good post, sir.

ObsiWan
11-23-2012, 11:39 AM
I got him for us.

Me too.

thunderkyss
11-23-2012, 12:14 PM
When the Texans weren't winning all we ever heard from you jackholes was how it didn't matter if they played well and lost. "You are what your record says you are."

Suddenly we're getting the wins and now it doesn't matter if we win the game, they have to look not just good but damn near perfect doing it.

Exactly, they keep moving the dang target.

thunderkyss
11-23-2012, 12:17 PM
OK so lets break out some pink soap!

Got it.

gary
11-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Funny, I thiink the last two games the Texans have won in spite of their defense.

417Texan
11-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Well we already saw what Manning would do.

The thing that concerns me is the run D. I never thought I'd say it, but I think we're missing Shaun Cody.

Cody is a big loss. Same with Cushing and Joseph being out. BIG ? is who is gonna stepp up next game?