PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Harris

bo orlando
11-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Healthy scratch AGAIN today. Anybody know why he still can't even get on the field halfway through his second year with the best D coach in football, playing what is still a position of need for the team? Are there any quotes or rumors anyone's picked up that account for this?

Brandon420tx
11-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Corner isn't a position of need, we hardly put more than 3 CB's out there at a time. When we go "Dime" we bring an extra safety out there.

bo orlando
11-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Corner isn't a position of need, we hardly put more than 3 CB's out there at a time. When we go "Dime" we bring an extra safety out there.

they wouldn't want to play a competent corner if they had one?

76Texan
11-18-2012, 12:24 PM
they wouldn't want to play a competent corner if they had one?

No, it's because team usually have a TE out there. We put 3 CBs on 3 receivers and Quin on the TE.

76Texan
11-18-2012, 12:26 PM
On top of that, Wade likes Ball on ST and he can be the back-up CB as well.

Brandon420tx
11-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Right now the only way to make the active 53 at CB is to beat out McCain for Nickle or Ball on STs.

Demps is playing too well lately to not be on the field. So basically its like Demps is making Harris the inactive scratch

bo orlando
11-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Right now the only way to make the active 53 at CB is to beat out McCain for Nickle or Ball on STs.

Demps is playing too well lately to not be on the field. So basically its like Demps is making Harris the inactive scratch

so he's not good enough to beat out a bunch of journeymen defensive backs?

Brandon420tx
11-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Spin it how you want.

bo orlando
11-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Spin it how you want.

it's not spin. i'm genuinely curious why he can't get on the field. i understand what you're saying, that all the available roster spots allocated to the defense are filled by vets, but it doesn't seem particularly impossible to beat out alan ball or quentin demps for playing time either.

76Texan
11-18-2012, 12:52 PM
so he's not good enough to beat out a bunch of journeymen defensive backs?

If we're talking about Ball, then my thought was because Ball has the versatility. He played well enough at safety for Wade and was a good ST player for him.

eriadoc
11-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Nolan and Demps have been on and off the team. Ball has been good on ST, but bad at CB. Harris was a 2nd round draft pick. You do the math.

amazing80
11-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Seriously if he cannot beat out Burnt Mccain, then we should cut him

Hervoyel
11-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Seriously if he cannot beat out Burnt Mccain, then we should cut him

I see what you're saying but cut him so we can pick up who exactly? He's depth, well versed in the system and ready to play if we start losing CB's. He's obviously not turned out as we'd hoped (I don't think that at this stage anyone can realistically debate that) and maybe he and McCain are a wash but we haven't needed him (knock on wood). Somebody's gotta be inactive on Sunday. Brandon Harris has that spot covered for us. Show a little gratitude :)

He's our "first string" inactive player. If there was a Pro Bowl ballot for inactive player I'd vote for him since Studdard is gone now.

GuerillaBlack
11-18-2012, 05:50 PM
He should play with JJo out.

Norg
11-18-2012, 06:24 PM
i was kinda hoping some of our 2nd teir team get some playing time this game ....man things ddnt turn out that way has yall all know LOL

Allstar
11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
i was kinda hoping some of our 2nd teir team get some playing time this game ....man things ddnt turn out that way has yall all know LOL

We could have had a 100 point lead and Harris still wouldn't have gotten on the field today.