PDA

View Full Version : Unsportsmanlike Penalty on "The Bench" ?

Trail.Blazr
11-12-2012, 08:36 AM
I am hoping somebody from the actual game may be able to chime in and tell us what they saw...

The television coverage never gave us a replay look at "The Bench".

I wasn't overly concerned with it when it happened because I was stoked about the turnover, but I was curious.. still am obviously, as I get to my PC this morning.

IDEXAN
11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm thinking Keo went nutz on the sidelines after the early hit by Manning and subsequent fumble recovery by the Texans. He is a high-energy guy and some times his celebrations are over the top, and I think he took this one too far onto the field and the refs busted him for his emotional display.

HTown2ATX
11-12-2012, 09:32 AM
What was really BS about that was later in the game you see the ref yelling at the CHI bench over and over to get back...I mean gave them like 5+ warnings and no flag...... Yet Texans were quick to be penalized. Not saying there was bias but at least be level and even with it...Bears should have been penalized on their bench too.

HOU-TEX
11-12-2012, 09:38 AM
I dunno, but I actually like the way the game was called other than a couple questionable ones. They let them play, especially the DBs and WRs. IMO, they called just enough to make sure it never turned into a free for all. I liked it

SheTexan
11-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I dunno, but I actually like the way the game was called other than a couple questionable ones. They let them play, especially the DBs and WRs. IMO, they called just enough to make sure it never turned into a free for all. I liked it

So did I! Let the boys play ball!

I didn't see Keo, but, he must have run on the field, or someone did. Whatever, that's one penalty NOONE talked about.. i felt sure Collingsworth would rake us over the coals for doing something dumb, in his books, but, not a word was said. Usuallly they show a penalty over and over. Oh well, if they got penalize for celebrating then who cares. Let the boys be excited!!

GlassHalfFull
11-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm thinking Keo went nutz on the sidelines after the early hit by Manning and subsequent fumble recovery by the Texans. He is a high-energy guy and some times his celebrations are over the top, and I think he took this one too far onto the field and the refs busted him for his emotional display.

So did I! Let the boys play ball!

I didn't see Keo, but, he must have run on the field, or someone did. Whatever, that's one penalty NOONE talked about.. i felt sure Collingsworth would rake us over the coals for doing something dumb, in his books, but, not a word was said. Usuallly they show a penalty over and over. Oh well, if they got penalize for celebrating then who cares. Let the boys be excited!!

This is how rumors get started. Idexan made something up and typed it on the internet. Don't use a players name if you have no idea what happened. Next we are going to have posters doing rants on how Keo costs us games due to penalties and Keo will be forever branded.

GP
11-12-2012, 10:27 AM
This is how rumors get started. Idexan made something up and typed it on the internet. Don't use a players name if you have no idea what happened. Next we are going to have posters doing rants on how Keo costs us games due to penalties and Keo will be forever branded.

Was just thinking the same thing.

SheTexan
11-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Was just thinking the same thing.

Come on, posters do that on this board all the time!! Nothing was said detrimental about him. Heck, I was giving him kudo's, IF he was the one that caused it! I like seeing the boys celebrate!

Playoffs
11-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Dammit, Keo! :kitten:

GlassHalfFull
11-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Come on, posters do that on this board all the time!! Nothing was said detrimental about him. Heck, I was giving him kudo's, IF he was the one that caused it! I like seeing the boys celebrate!

Sandy, would you have used Keo if idexan hadn't put that he thought it was Keo?

I copied your post to show how rumors spread.

GP
11-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I heard SheTexan told Keo to do it.

NitroGSXR
11-12-2012, 10:37 AM

They made a few mistakes. They were correctly overturned. I just watched the Martin fumble a minute ago and that one was a big game-changing d'oh. Thank GOD they overturned that.

Porky
11-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Keo is from the seed of the devil pig. :devilpig:

disaacks3
11-12-2012, 10:41 AM
We couldn't see Jack and the pick was nearly right in front of me. (behind the Texans bench at the 33). You almost never see these called unless the bench was yelling at officials.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SheTexan
11-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Sandy, would you have used Keo if idexan hadn't put that he thought it was Keo?

I copied your post to show how rumors spread.

I read that Keo might have been the one to run on the field on this board and on facebook. I'm not friends with Idexan on FB. Don't remember who posted it. Not a problem to me, I would tell him to do it again! MBs are full of rumors, and people respond to them all the time. In this instance, no harm done.

welsh texan
11-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Damnit Keo strip him of the captaincy what a dumbass penalty to concede.:kitten:

BIG TORO
11-12-2012, 10:53 AM
I heard it was Keo, and that he also moonlights as a French model. Read it on the Internet so it must be true.:kitten:

TexansBlood
11-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Damn KEO you almost cost us the game!

Texn4life
11-12-2012, 11:10 AM
I can see this turning into a new thread blaming Keo for everything. Global Warming, why health care is so high, etc.

Corrosion
11-12-2012, 11:11 AM

I agree ... overall one of the better called games thus far in the season.

The thing that stood out to me was how players from opposing teams were telling guy's "good play" pretty much all night long.

Saw a punt where the ball rolled dead and two guys still kinda going at it ... they pat each other on the helmet and move along.

No dirty crap , no pissing and moaning , just good hard football. Was a really enjoyable game to watch.

That was Bears Football .... Really good to see the Texans beat the Bears at their own game in their place under nasty conditions.

IDEXAN
11-12-2012, 11:44 AM
I said "I'm thinking" Keo was the guilty party, I didn't say specifically he was flagged by the ref for unsportsmanlike conduct. I've been a big Keo fan from day one because in case you didn't know he's a University of Idaho product.
Anyway, right after the big play by Manning which resulted in a turnover, Keo came bouncing out on the field, it looked like maybe 10 or 15 feet beyond the sidelines which was likely a provocative move in the eyes of the refs ? And then the flagged came out.
I think one of the reasons Keo made the team and ultimately was selected as a STs captain was his enthusiasm and intensity. But he's just gotta learn to contain it, but don't make me out as a Keo hater/basher because nothing could be farther from the truth. Oh BTW, we won the game last night and perhaps Keo learned a valuable lesson.

Premier
11-12-2012, 11:53 AM
the camera showed keo out on the field without his helmet on. thats probably what allowed the ref to spot him, players always go onto the field after big plays...

Malloy
11-12-2012, 12:01 PM

So, you're saying it's all Keo's fault?

:)

Pollardized
11-12-2012, 12:18 PM
I heard OJ is wanting to talk to Keo about a couple of murders......

drs23
11-12-2012, 12:57 PM
I heard OJ is wanting to talk to Keo about a couple of murders......

Oh, you was wrong for that. But I laughed. :D

Mari-OWNED!
11-12-2012, 12:57 PM
I heard it was Keo, and that he also moonlights as a French model. Read it on the Internet so it must be true.:kitten:

Actually he moonlights as the Dark Knight... :fingergun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gb-OblFsVk

dream_team
11-12-2012, 01:07 PM
the camera showed keo out on the field without his helmet on. thats probably what allowed the ref to spot him, players always go onto the field after big plays...

That's what most of us saw, and why we're speculating Keo... but players DO do that a lot, so not sure why it was penalized there? Unless something else occurred that didn't show up on camera?

Say Watt
11-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Since Keo is a topic of conversation right now, he got baptized in my church a couple weeks ago. It was cool. I was basically the only person there who knew who he was when he got into the water.

76Texan
11-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Since Keo is a topic of conversation right now, he got baptized in my church a couple weeks ago. It was cool. I was basically the only person there who knew who he was when he got into the water.

Cool, I guess you can ask him next time you see him in church then.

IDEXAN
11-12-2012, 04:01 PM
What's the denomination and is it in the Houston area ? Just him or wife and/or
baby ?

PapaL
11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I heard SheTexan told Keo to do it.

I heard Keo eats kittens. Pass it on...

thunderkyss
11-13-2012, 07:45 AM
So, you're saying it's all Keo's fault?

:)

I heard he went mid-field & went all gen-x on the head ref

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/xpac3.jpg

Yankee_In_TX
11-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Just a few plays after that penalty Chicago had a pick and a player in a parka was like 10 yards onto the field high fiving, no call.

silentassassin
11-13-2012, 09:51 AM
I heard he went mid-field & went all gen-x on the head ref

Heard Kubiak on the radio say it was one of the coaches. He wouldn't mention who though.

TexansBlood
11-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Heard Kubiak on the radio say it was one of the coaches. He wouldn't mention who though.

Heard this also on the way home yesterday, he said "let's just say one of the coaches got to excited".

Texn4life
11-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Heard this also on the way home yesterday, he said "let's just say one of the coaches got to excited".

What did Wade do this time? We have to calm that fool down. Guy is a maniac!

HOU-TEX
11-13-2012, 10:54 AM

If I had to guess I'd say Kollar or Herring. Considering Kollar was being treated for a blood clot I reckon it was Herring.

I'm just basing it off my experiences during training camp. Those two cats are about as animated as any coaches I've seen.

Playoffs
11-13-2012, 11:02 AM
I heard http://www.pistonsforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies_pf/smilies/ear.gif Keo was instigating http://mangahelpers.com/forum/images/smilies/poke.gif that coach early and often until the coach kinda lost it. http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/public/style_emoticons/default/th_run-around-smiley.gif

The Pencil Neck
11-13-2012, 11:07 AM
We couldn't see Jack and the pick was nearly right in front of me. (behind the Texans bench at the 33). You almost never see these called unless the bench was yelling at officials.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I was behind the Texan's bench at the 45. It happened right in front of us and we didn't see what happened. We were just celebrating and then heard there was a penalty. We were like... whut?!

Exascor
11-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm just basing it off my experiences during training camp. Those two cats are about as animated as any coaches I've seen.As animated as Jon Hoke? :elmo: WARNING: MAJOR flashback if you click...
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12291&page=2

Yankee_In_TX
11-13-2012, 12:14 PM
If I had to guess I'd say Kollar.

We can rule him out....

TheIronDuke
11-13-2012, 12:16 PM
If it was one of the coaches I'd have to blame Marciano only because I blame him for everything.

welsh texan
11-13-2012, 12:32 PM
I heard it was Shiloh Keo who filed Texas' petition for secession :kitten:

HOU-TEX
11-13-2012, 12:56 PM
If I had to guess I'd say Kollar or Herring. Considering Kollar was being treated for a blood clot I reckon it was Herring.

I'm just basing it off my experiences during training camp. Those two cats are about as animated as any coaches I've seen.

We can rule him out....

Yessir :winky:

badboy
11-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Since Keo is a topic of conversation right now, he got baptized in my church a couple weeks ago. It was cool. I was basically the only person there who knew who he was when he got into the water.So the son of the devil pig was baptised? There is still hope for some of you heathens after all.:fostering:

thunderkyss
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
What did Wade do this time? We have to calm that fool down. Guy is a maniac!

So Wade told the Bears to suk it?

Can we get a photo shop?

Showtime100
11-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Could be wroung, but I think Keo was the cop-turned-bad in Another 48 Hrs.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/48Hours16.jpg

:fans:

thunderkyss
11-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Could be wroung, but I think Keo was the cop-turned-bad in Another 48 Hrs.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/48Hours16.jpg

:fans:

oooooh I hate that guy.

ObsiWan
11-13-2012, 07:07 PM

I'll bet it was Wade...
Look how out of control he is in this photo...
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIfx-2MCwcRZk18c43lRbPiUODWzLfsMCxZt_9ptJu2KFIQNbctw

Dude's an absolute Madman I tells ya!!

rush2112mn
11-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Maybe players came out on the field after being warned not too. Did not understand penalty myself....but then you see something new all the time......go figure......

Showtime100
11-13-2012, 10:19 PM
What was really BS about that was later in the game you see the ref yelling at the CHI bench over and over to get back...I mean gave them like 5+ warnings and no flag...... Yet Texans were quick to be penalized. Not saying there was bias but at least be level and even with it...Bears should have been penalized on their bench too.

Yeah, I screamed about that one myself. At least it never affected the end result and like you, I don't see that as biased, just let's even it out a little when you see a team get flagged for a bench foul then later see the other team doing the same, or close to it.

I also saw one of their players getting helped up by a ref. Again, and as you said, I don't see how one can call that a sign of bias on the refs part, but in this case I see it as a habit referees should shy away from. It just isn't a ref's place to help a player up off the ground.

Fred
11-13-2012, 11:02 PM
If I had to guess I'd say Kollar ...

Kollar gets nailed for an Unsportsmanlike while he is in the hospital! The most awesome coach in history!!! The biggest bad *ss of all time!!!

SAMURAITEXAN
11-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Kollar gets nailed for an Unsportsmanlike while he is in the hospital! The most awesome coach in history!!! The biggest bad *ss of all time!!!

Yeahhhh, his got flag for watching a young nurse's *ss and a little touching. You are still young Koller, you can do it!

KEO
11-14-2012, 11:46 PM
It wasn't me, oh wait, you mean the other Keo

Malloy
11-15-2012, 03:13 AM
I'll bet it was Wade...
Look how out of control he is in this photo...
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIfx-2MCwcRZk18c43lRbPiUODWzLfsMCxZt_9ptJu2KFIQNbctw

Dude's an absolute Madman I tells ya!!

He should be banned from the sport. We don't need troublemakers like him...!