PDA

View Full Version : Jerruh Says He Would Fire His GM......If He Could

CloakNNNdagger
11-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Jerry Jones said he would have fired Jerry Jones as general manager
Game On! (http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/04/jerry-jones-fire-self-general-manager/1682333/)
Chris Chase, USA TODAY

11:18PM EST November 4. 2012 - Jerry Jones is both the owner and general manager of the Dallas Cowboys. The former says he'd have fired the latter if he weren't both.

In an interview that aired before Sunday Night Football, Bob Costas asked Jones whether he'd have fired himself as general manager following his team's years of struggling:

"Well, I think so, because he was there to dismiss. I've always worked for myself and you can't do that. You basically have to straighten that guy out in the mirror when you work for yourself. But certainly, if I'd had the discretion, I've done it with coaches and certainly I would have changed a general manager."

Once you make it through that self-referential haze of circular logic, you realize Jones the owner is full of it. Why couldn't he fire yourself. Just because it wouldn't involve a conversation in front of a mirror, a pink slip and severance pay, doesn't mean he couldn't wave the white flag and bring in another person to take over as GM. His definition is all semantics. Jones doesn't fire himself because he thinks he's the best man for the job.

The bigger news would have been if Jones was living in a world of delusion in which he thought one playoff win in 16 years was acceptable. Unless he wants late-night texts from an angry Dave Campo, he can't say that.
:toropalm::kubepalm::wadepalm::backsout:

Hookem Horns
11-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Texans are 7-1 and there are huge dumpster fires blazing both in Dallas and Nashville. It's a pretty good morning in Houston, Texas I imagine.

Playoffs
11-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Texans are 7-1 and there are huge dumpster fires blazing both in Dallas and Nashville. It's a pretty good morning in Houston, Texas I imagine.

Nirvana. :D

Dread-Head
11-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Maybe the Lizzard King should consider actually HIRING a GM, then going back into his crypt ...I mean "skybox" and letting his GM and Coach do thier damn jobs rather than trying to be an old, micromanaging, autocratic muff-hugga who ONLY got three superbowls because Minesota made the DUMBEST trade in NFL history with him gave him two...and a Steeler QB whose name remains in infamy in Steeler circles gave him the third.
Personally I LOVE the way he runs that team. My 3rd favorite team is WHOEVER is playing the Cowboys this week so I'm LOVIN' this season.

GP
11-05-2012, 09:57 AM
I hope he stays their GM forever. Run that organization right into the ground and pile dirt on top of it.

You're doing a helluva' job, Jerry Jones. Keep it up!

:fingergun:

Playoffs
11-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Matt Barrie @Matt_Barrie
Jerry Jones just pounded locker room door because no one would let him in. It's the angriest I've seen him all year. #Cowboys @BlueStarBlog
:lol:

GP
11-05-2012, 10:06 AM
The guy is full-blown crazy.

Money doesn't make you who you are...it only magnifies what you were to begin with.

MightyTExan
11-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Matt Barrie @Matt_Barrie

:lol:

Can't imagine why they would lock him out......................

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1359493_o.gif

HoustonFrog
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Write this down. And it saddens me as a Cowboy fan. But Jerry will make a move in the next two years to fire himself. The only issue is that he is going to make Stephen Jones GM. And while I love Stephen and wish he ran the team, it will be a cosmetic move to say "see, I can do this." It will be typical Jerry. All of this talk about bringing Payton in. Why would Payton not reup with Saints or anyone else.? He can make as much money and he is in charge of personnel moves. Jerry won't give him that.

Wolf6151
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Jerry Jones is the new Al Davis in the NFL.

Stemp
11-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Jerry Jones is the new Al Davis in the NFL.

At least Al Davis knew how to run a football team at some point.

HoustonFrog
11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
At least Al Davis knew how to run a football team at some point.

??

Jerry knew how to start...he left it to football guys. Then his ego got in the way and he thought he could do it. Al and he are on the same path. Run franchises into the ground. Jerry can run a team and make oney, he just doesn't know football.

Vinny
11-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Did Jerry try to lock himself out of the locker room since he is unable to fire him?

brakos82
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Maybe next year the owners will lock themselves out instead of the refs and players. :kitten:

CloakNNNdagger
11-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Write this down. And it saddens me as a Cowboy fan. But Jerry will make a move in the next two years to fire himself. The only issue is that he is going to make Stephen Jones GM. And while I love Stephen and wish he ran the team, it will be a cosmetic move to say "see, I can do this." It will be typical Jerry. All of this talk about bringing Payton in. Why would Payton not reup with Saints or anyone else.? He can make as much money and he is in charge of personnel moves. Jerry won't give him that.

Maybe. But, as of today, this is what he is saying.

Jerry Jones, the general manager, will never relinquish that title with the Dallas Cowboys. Much like Jerry Jones, the owner, will never sell the team.

During his twice-weekly radio show, Jones was asked whether he ever would step down as the general manager.

The answer was no way.

"We are not structured that way," Jones told KRLD-FM on Tuesday morning. "We didn't structure it that way with my ownership. There's no way that I would be involved here and not be the final decision-maker on something as important as players, and that is a key area. That's never been anybody's misunderstanding. It's been a debated thing, but it's just not going to happen."link (http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8600224/jerry-jones-says-always-dallas-cowboys-gm)

Wolf
11-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Nfl network on Wednesday has a football life. jimmy Johnson

Show clip of Aikman talking about he wondered what would have been (and assuming it was if Jimmy would/could have stayed )

HJam72
11-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Methinks Jerruh might have onset dementiauh.

Playoffs
11-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Write this down. And it saddens me as a Cowboy fan. But Jerry will make a move in the next two years to fire himself.
1) Jerruh will never fire Jerruh, and 2) Why in the world would it sadden you if he did?

Jerruh as a GM is an abject failure. As an anti-fan, I enjoy the heck out of it. :ahhaha: