PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Super Bowl hopefuls set for 'Sunday Night Football'

srrono
11-05-2012, 06:44 AM
By Dan Pompei, Chicago Tribune reporter

7:04 p.m. CST, November 4, 2012
Quick look: Finally, the Bears get a true test against a Super Bowl contender.

The Texans might be the best team in the AFC. They would like to prove they can beat one of the elite teams from the NFC after losing to the Packers earlier this season.

The Texans are a little like the Bears in that they win with an overpowering defense led by a strong front. Their defense would be even better if the Texans hadn't lost inside linebacker Brian Cushing for the season.

Offensively, the Texans are keyed by running back Arian Foster, who is one of the best runners in the league, and an effective offensive line. The Texans came into Week 9 leading the league in time of possession.

The Texans have committed only six turnovers, so it will be a challenge for the Bears to come up with takeaways against this team.

Key stat: The Texans have not allowed a rushing touchdown all season. The Bears have allowed only two.

Key matchup: Texans defensive end J.J. Watt versus Bears right tackle Gabe Carimi. These two know each other well from their days at Wisconsin. The Bears will have to give Carimi help on passing downs, as Watt has been impossible to block this season. On run downs, this will be a good matchup of two power players.

Dan Pompei's early pick: Bears 17, Texans 16.

ChrisG
11-05-2012, 08:51 AM
I can not wait for this game. Should be a good one. I think we win if we dont give up any ST touchdowns (or crazy field position).

badboy
11-05-2012, 11:00 AM
If we play as we did against Bills, I see a loss on horizon.

Tailgate
11-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Potential game of the year and possible Super Bowl preview. Cannot frickin wait!!

Double Barrel
11-05-2012, 11:45 AM
I think the Packers or 49ers are probably likelier to be in the Super Bowl, but the Bears are a great team and should really give us some insight into what the 2012 Texans are all about.

Remember the Packers game! should be this week's mantra. Fortunately, Cutler is nothing even close to Rodgers.

ObsiWan
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM

But what if we play as well as we did against the Ravens??
:fans:

Edit:
You know, I REEEEEEEALLY wish they played us AFTER they played the Niners.

ChampionTexan
11-05-2012, 12:12 PM
But what if we play as well as we did against the Ravens??
:fans:

Or they play like the did against the Panthers?

Trail.Blazr
11-05-2012, 12:19 PM

I beg to differ.. I think that if we duplicate what we did against the bills, OUR 3 touchdowns will trump the Bears 3 field goals.

:chicken::banana::neener::sarcasm:

Tailgate
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
This game falls to Schaub imo. While the Chi defense can be ran on, their D is living off of interceptions this year and our running game isnt exactly on fire so far this season. Schaub must play a clean game for us to have a chance.

Conversely we will look to shut down the run again this week. Essentially bringing this game down to Schaub vs Cutler. So who has a better game? If I am Kubiak I target AJ all night long.

SheTexan
11-05-2012, 12:43 PM
All I know is that Sunday night I'm gonna need FRIENDS to watch this game with, a designated driver, a bottle of Jack, and a liter of coke! I am presently preping my stomach for the onslaught of booze and nerves with BID doses of previcid! I'm truly NOT a heavy drinker, but, I feel a buzz comin on to get me through that game!!;)

Truthfully, I think our boys can do this! Just gotta keep on BELIEVING!!

GlassHalfFull
11-05-2012, 12:47 PM
All I know is that Sunday night I'm gonna need FRIENDS to watch this game with, a designated driver, a bottle of Jack, and a liter of coke! I am presently preping my stomach for the onslaught of booze and nerves with BID doses of previcid! I'm truly NOT a heavy drinker, but, I feel a buzz comin on to get me through that game!!;)

Sandy, come over to our house. You can see the new (but not finished) kitchen. Shadow and/or and dd is also welcome of course.

Edit: and as far as the game goes, pressure, pressure and then more pressure on Cutler.

Cjeremy635
11-05-2012, 01:30 PM

Yeah.....that show got canceled back in 2004. Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

:fingergun: J/K

Cjeremy635
11-05-2012, 01:46 PM
The Bears concern the hell out of me. With Cutler, he has his good days and horrible days. When he's bad, he's REALLY bad. Part of me hopes that's the guy that shows up Sunday. The other part of me would like to see us beat them at their best. But, you get no moral victories for losing to someone who was at their best either. At the end of the day, you just want the W. This will be the biggest test we've had since Green Bay and we all know how that one turned out. I think we'll be a lot more mentally prepared for this game and do our best to avoid the same type of embarassing performance we displayed on our last outing of SNF.

Their D has been playing really good and our offense can't afford to come out flat and have brain farts. We've got play a clean game in all three phases.

I see this game going either way, but I think the score will come down to a 3 points difference. Hopefully we'll come out on top.

michaelm
11-05-2012, 02:25 PM
All in all, I think the Texans have played a tougher schedule, believe it or not.

Bears have faced only two teams that are currently above .500, beating the Colts, and losing to the Packers.
They also beat the 4-4 Lions. They have beaten 5 teams with a losing record.

Texans have faced three teams that are currently above .500, beating the Broncos and Ravens, and losing to the Packers.
They also beat the 4-4 Dolphins. They have beaten 4 teams with a losing record.

Other than GB, they both beat their other common opponents, Jags and Titans.

2012Champs
11-05-2012, 04:45 PM
its a pickem to 1.5 point fav for the bears hopefully the Texans show up and move to 8-1

SheTexan
11-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Sandy, come over to our house. You can see the new (but not finished) kitchen. Shadow and/or and dd is also welcome of course.

Edit: and as far as the game goes, pressure, pressure and then more pressure on Cutler.

I'll let ya know! If the game gets really bad we can decorate your new kitchen! :lol: We can always blame Ted!!:tedc:

I totally agree that pressuring Cutler will be the key!! TURNOVERS just might be the deciding factor in this game. We have the D to do it! Just hope our Oline is good enough to protect Matt.

NastyNate
11-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Some quick stats...

Offensive PPG
Chi 29.5
HOU 29.6

Defensive PPG
Chi 15
HOU 17.1

This one is as close as it gets on paper. Here's to hoping the Texans can move the ball on that stout Defense. The bears are a turnover machine, hopefully we can keep our ball control going. Anyone know when Tate is due back? Forsett has been forgettable at best.

Nawzer
11-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Some quick stats...

Offensive PPG
Chi 29.5
HOU 29.6

Defensive PPG
Chi 15
HOU 17.1

This one is as close as it gets on paper. Here's to hoping the Texans can move the ball on that stout Defense. The bears are a turnover machine, hopefully we can keep our ball control going. Anyone know when Tate is due back? Forsett has been forgettable at best.

From what Kubiak said on his show on 610 today, they will evaluate him later this week and hope that he is able to go. My feeling is that he won't be active on Sunday.

As for the game. This has potential to be the game of the season and if Indy wins on Sunday and we lose, all of a sudden we have a division race. It's going to be tough up in Chicago, but if we play mistake free football we'll come out as victors. :texflag:

thunderkyss
11-05-2012, 08:00 PM
This game falls to Schaub imo. While the Chi defense can be ran on, their D is living off of interceptions this year and our running game isnt exactly on fire so far this season. Schaub must play a clean game for us to have a chance.

Conversely we will look to shut down the run again this week. Essentially bringing this game down to Schaub vs Cutler. So who has a better game? If I am Kubiak I target AJ all night long.

Totally disagree. This game depends on our front 5. We have to be able to impose our will, where they have to commit an 8 & 9th man to stopping the run. Same thing on defense, we have to stop the run with our front 7, & if Cody doesn't play, I think we'll be in trouble.

Their offense is much like ours, in that it's balanced with the ability to make big plays in the running game, the passing game, & the screen game.

So this game will be decided by what happens in the trenches & who blinks first.

Tailgate
11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Totally disagree. This game depends on our front 5. We have to be able to impose our will, where they have to commit an 8 & 9th man to stopping the run. Same thing on defense, we have to stop the run with our front 7, & if Cody doesn't play, I think we'll be in trouble.

Their offense is much like ours, in that it's balanced with the ability to make big plays in the running game, the passing game, & the screen game.

So this game will be decided by what happens in the trenches & who blinks first.

I was implying both teams will struggle running the ball.

Vinny
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Some quick stats...

Offensive PPG
Chi 29.5
HOU 29.6

Defensive PPG
Chi 15
HOU 17.1

This one is as close as it gets on paper. Here's to hoping the Texans can move the ball on that stout Defense. The bears are a turnover machine, hopefully we can keep our ball control going.
I've been posting this on twitter so I'll add it here... the Bears have 30 takeaways and the Texans have 5 games without a single turnover. It's the immovable object vs irresistible force (https://twitter.com/TexansTalk/status/265556436543733760) :)

The Bears defense will be one of the best we face this season.

DocBar
11-05-2012, 09:41 PM
The Texans will roll over the Bear's and move to 8-1. Cutler is a wilting violet who will revert to bad form with the Texans D in his face all nite. Schaub will succeed due to a dminate running game and phenominal PA fakes.

Texan_Bill
11-05-2012, 09:45 PM
If we get spanked by yet another NFCNorth team, well I wouldn't necessarily fold the tents, but I would start having our people start to "break down the tents".....

Speedy
11-05-2012, 10:47 PM
If we get spanked by yet another NFCNorth team, well I wouldn't necessarily fold the tents, but I would start having our people start to "break down the tents".....

Why? Because a Super Bowl winner has never lost a game before? Not saying we can't beat this team, in fact, I think we're better than the Bears, but the Texans are likely going to lose a couple more games or so. The Giants won the Super Bowl with 7 losses last season.

Some quick stats...

Offensive PPG
Chi 29.5
HOU 29.6

Defensive PPG
Chi 15
HOU 17.1

And some of those offensive stats are from the defense scoring a ton. Take away Chicago's defensive scores (7 TDs) and the Bears offense is averaging 23.4 points per game, not 29.5.

MEGA SWATT
11-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Potential game of the year and possible Super Bowl preview. Cannot frickin wait!!

Me too.

ObsiWan
11-06-2012, 02:37 AM

If you look down the road at our schedule, things are just going to get more nerve-wracking.

Nov 11 - @ Bears (SNF)
Nov 18 - Jags
Nov 22 - @ Lions (on T-Day after only 4 days rest)
Dec 02 - @ Titans
Dec 10 - @ Patriots (MNF! ...hope it ain't snowing in Fox-Burro)

Damn.... FOUR of the next five on the road!
:overreact:
Three of them considered prime time games!!

Guess I better stock up on Pepto.

welsh texan
11-06-2012, 03:10 AM
If you look down the road at our schedule, things are just going to get more nerve-wracking.

Nov 11 - @ Bears (SNF)
Nov 18 - Jags
Dec 02 - @ Titans

Yeh, I was planning on making a trip to Texas to watch the Formula 1 on the 18th and catching a home game either the week before or after, the schedule put paid to that plan. :smiliepalm:

NastyNate
11-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Why? Because a Super Bowl winner has never lost a game before? Not saying we can't beat this team, in fact, I think we're better than the Bears, but the Texans are likely going to lose a couple more games or so. The Giants won the Super Bowl with 7 losses last season.

And some of those offensive stats are from the defense scoring a ton. Take away Chicago's defensive scores (7 TDs) and the Bears offense is averaging 23.4 points per game, not 29.5.

Take away my Uncle's penis and he's my aunt. They're 26th in offense, shut down the offense and control the ball and we've got a good chance of winning, but the truth of the matter is they still average 29.5 PPG. There's no taking away from that.

NastyNate
11-06-2012, 06:09 AM

Tim Jennings and Peanut Tillman are arguably the best CB duo in the league, either could win DPOY. We're not going to get a ton of targets to AJ, but OD should be able to have a big day.

TheMatrix31
11-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Ugh. It's my Uncle's 50th birthday dinner on Sunday night.

Gonna have to record the game and pray I don't get spoiled.

SheTexan
11-06-2012, 06:52 AM

Nov 11 - @ Bears (SNF)
Nov 18 - Jags
Dec 02 - @ Titans

UGH!! Might have to join ya with the pepto!! PLUS, we have three div games in Dec, two of them on the road. Gonna be some nerve racking football coming up for sure!!

Speedy
11-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Take away my Uncle's penis and he's my aunt. They're 26th in offense, shut down the offense and control the ball and we've got a good chance of winning, but the truth of the matter is they still average 29.5 PPG. There's no taking away from that.

Never said they don't score 29.5 per game. I said their offense doesn't score that much. The Texans have to continue protecting the football like they have all season and keep those extra 6 points off the board.

The post I quoted made it look like the offenses are pretty equal and that's just not the case.

2012Champs
11-06-2012, 08:58 AM

Im sure he post has nothing to do with the Texans losing a game but rather dropping games to NFC teams whom on average are better than AFC teams

Trail.Blazr
11-06-2012, 11:03 AM
BIGGEST GAME IN HOUSTON TEXANS HISTORY!!!

:includeme:

Haha.. just had to.

Really, though... I pray like hell for a win, simply for my own sanity. If Bears win, I can't take the probable fallout on this MB, and more importantly, the talk about how the Texans can't beat a good team will BLOW UP. GODZILLA BLOW UP!

2012Champs
11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
looks like 61% of the money is betting on the Texans in Vegas and taking the 1 to 1.5 points

El Tejano
11-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Anyone know what the weather will be like in Chicago?

The Pencil Neck
11-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Anyone know what the weather will be like in Chicago?

Right now, it's looking like mid-60's during the day dropping down into the 40's at night.

El Tejano
11-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Right now, it's looking like mid-60's during the day dropping down into the 40's at night.

Damn! As long as there is no snow or rain. I'm good I guess.

The Pencil Neck
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Damn! As long as there is no snow or rain. I'm good I guess.

I don't know.

I think the Texans are undefeated when the temperature is below 40 degrees at kickoff.

Of course, I hate the cold so for my own, personal comfort, I'd prefer it warmer. But if we need to play in cold weather to win this, I'm willing to stand in the cold for my team.

srrono
11-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

The #Texans & #Bears are the only 2 NFL teams w/ a top-5 scoring offense & defense. Texans rank 2/4, Bears 3/2

DaTruthExplodes
11-06-2012, 04:48 PM
i hope that matt schaub and the texans dont choke like they usually do in prime time games.

these are the type of games that schaub needs to do well in because it seems like every big road game schaub never can get it done.

there's a reason why schaub has yet to play in a playoff game.

He's a choker. he always plays like crap on the road and craps the bed in crucial situations vs elite teams.

rush2112mn
11-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Sounds good to me. I am hoping the Texans put that perfect game together this weekend....

I dont think the Texans have had that kind of game yet and would love to see it happen this weekend. I can always hope.

NastyNate
11-06-2012, 04:53 PM
i hope that matt schaub and the texans dont choke like they usually do in prime time games.

these are the type of games that schaub needs to do well in because it seems like every big road game schaub never can get it done.

He's a choker. he always plays like crap on the road and craps the bed in crucial situations vs elite teams.

Nobody cares about your constant doom and gloom on here. Here I'll help, just click here www.houstontexans.com and don't come back.

TheIronDuke
11-06-2012, 04:55 PM

Yes you do.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason he didn't play in 2 playoff games last year was because he was injured, otherwise I think Kubes might've let him start over TJ.

But then again you probably just became a fan before they went to the playoffs last year so you probably didn't know Schaub was actually the starter before he was injured.

DaTruthExplodes
11-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Nobody cares about your constant doom and gloom on here. Here I'll help, just click here www.houstontexans.com and don't come back.

so why are you quoting me? just ignore me. and no, ill be staying here.

deal with it.

DaTruthExplodes
11-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Yes you do.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason he didn't play in 2 playoff games last year was because he was injured, otherwise I think Kubes might've let him start over TJ.

But then again you probably just became a fan before they went to the playoffs last year so you probably didn't know Schaub was actually the starter before he was injured.

ohh yea because matt schaub has only been a texan since last year.

good job. good effort.

TheIronDuke
11-06-2012, 04:57 PM

good job. good effort.

No, you just started following the team last year because you're a bandwagon fan.

Exascor
11-06-2012, 04:59 PM

good job. good effort.Oh yeah because QBs are the only reason a team wins or loses right? Forget the other 21 starting players, special teams...

badboy
11-06-2012, 05:00 PM

Texans at 29.6 and there's no taking away from that (if we hold on to the ball. lol)

DaTruthExplodes
11-06-2012, 05:04 PM
No, you just started following the team last year because you're a bandwagon fan.

you know nothing.

a bandwagon fan is someone who just came in when the team is doing good.

if i just started following the team last year up to this year, what do i have to complain about? have you seen my posts and threads?

if you had a modicum of intelligence and perceptual ability you would know that.

NastyNate
11-06-2012, 05:09 PM
so why are you quoting me? just ignore me. and no, ill be staying here.

deal with it.

It's an intervention. We're all here to help.

Double Barrel
11-06-2012, 05:11 PM

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine today.

They beat the Jets on MNF...on the road. Maybe you were a Texans fan by that point?

I hate to break it to you, Captain Obvious, but the entire TEAM needs to perform well during big road games.

I'd say there are a number of reasons, but mainly due to the fact that he was a backup QB in ATL and was traded to an expansion team going through a rebuild after a 2-14 season.

They finally went last year and dude was hurt. Can't fault him for that, although I know you will try your best to do so.

ahhhh, the agenda. We know it, but do appreciate you reinforcing it with every post so anyone not quite sure has clarity.

TheIronDuke
11-06-2012, 05:13 PM
you know nothing.

a bandwagon fan is someone who just came in when the team is doing good.

if i just started following the team last year up to this year, what do i have to complain about? have you seen my posts and threads?

if you had a modicum of intelligence and perceptual ability you would know that.

Yes I've seen your many posts and threads in a month's time complaining about almost every facet of the team. Hard not to notice.

Trail.Blazr
11-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Yes I've seen your many posts and threads in a month's time complaining about almost every facet of the team. Hard not to notice.

It's kind of like coming in from the yard and smelling something awful. Then you pick up your shoe and realize....

Yep, I just read another post by DaTruthExplodes

DaTruthExplodes
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine today.

They beat the Jets on MNF...on the road. Maybe you were a Texans fan by that point?

the jets. stop the presses. mission accomplished. we beat the jets.

totally erases our long and storied history of incompetence.

I hate to break it to you, Captain Obvious, but the entire TEAM needs to perform well during big road games.

I'd say there are a number of reasons, but mainly due to the fact that he was a backup QB in ATL and was traded to an expansion team going through a rebuild after a 2-14 season.

They finally went last year and dude was hurt. Can't fault him for that, although I know you will try your best to do so.

ahhhh, the agenda. We know it, but do appreciate you reinforcing it with every post so anyone not quite sure has clarity.

the quarterback needs to perform even better than the rest. great qb play can mask deficiencies of other areas of the team.

Tom Brady didnt always have a great defense nor a great running back or wide receiver. Ditto aaron rodgers who won the superbowl with a injury ravaged team. ditto payton manning who always wins despite not having a defense.

All i hear from matt schaub stans is he doesnt have a great defense, he doesnt have a great coach, he doesnt have this, he doesnt have that.

always excuses. i hate to break it to you captain obvious, but you cant have 100% rosy conditions for your qb. You have to make do with what you have.

stop making excuses for matt schaub. every qb & team goes through adversity.

buddyboy
11-06-2012, 06:00 PM

totally erases our long and storied history of incompetence.

the quarterback needs to perform even better than the rest. great qb play can mask deficiencies of other areas of the team.

Tom Brady didnt always have a great defense nor a great running back or wide receiver. Ditto aaron rodgers who won the superbowl with a injury ravaged team. ditto payton manning who always wins despite not having a defense.

All i hear from matt schaub stans is he doesnt have a great defense, he doesnt have a great coach, he doesnt have this, he doesnt have that.

always excuses. i hate to break it to you captain obvious, but you cant have 100% rosy conditions for your qb. You have to make do with what you have.

Never seen anyone on this board say that Schaub was like Rogers/Manning/Brady. And anyone expecting that level of play is fooling themselves.

On another note, I guarantee, win or lose, this guy will be back sometime after next game to put another set of unrealistic expectations on Schaub/Kubiak.

DaTruthExplodes
11-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Never seen anyone on this board say that Schaub was like Rogers/Manning/Brady. And anyone expecting that level of play is fooling themselves.

On another note, I guarantee, win or lose, this guy will be back sometime after next game to put another set of unrealistic expectations on Schaub/Kubiak.

what unrealistic expectations?

did you see my thread with my problems with kubiak post after the green bay game?

i swear kubiak read that post and he did exactly what i was complaining he didnt do the very next game.

Double Barrel
11-06-2012, 06:15 PM

I never said anything about the quality of the Jets.

My statement refutes your claim: "i hope that matt schaub and the texans dont choke like they usually do in prime time games."

The QB doesn't play defense. If we had even a mediocre D for the two seasons that Schaub passed for over 4000 yards the Texans would have probably went to the playoffs before 2011.

Tom.Freakin'.Brady. Hall of Fame player. Yeah, let's use his career as an example. With the exception of a few QBs, most would look inadequate. ("ditto" Aaron Rodgers. "ditto" Peyton Manning)

However, you fail to understand the history of the Patriots and the great defenses that Brady had when he won three Super Bowls in four seasons.

I'm a Texans fan, and Schaub is our QB. We are 7-1 in spite of sucking as bad as you seem to squeal with every post you make. Some of us can analyze without being homers or haters. Obviously a lost concept on someone like you.

DaTruthExplodes
11-06-2012, 06:39 PM
I never said anything about the quality of the Jets.

My statement refutes your claim: "i hope that matt schaub and the texans dont choke like they usually do in prime time games."

i said usually. you used what the 5th game of the season against a team playing without its best offensive and defensive players to refute that claim as if that somehow proved my point wrong.

it didnt.

The QB doesn't play defense. If we had even a mediocre D for the two seasons that Schaub passed for over 4000 yards the Texans would have probably went to the playoffs before 2011.

woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Like i said, schaub isnt the only qb who has to work with a weak defense. If schaub is as elite as a lot of delusional texans fans claim and if kubiak is this great unappreciated offensive guru as a lot of texans fans claim,

the texans SHOULD HAVE PROBABLY made the playoffs.

Tom.Freakin'.Brady. Hall of Fame player. Yeah, let's use his career as an example. With the exception of a few QBs, most would look inadequate. ("ditto" Aaron Rodgers. "ditto" Peyton Manning)

why shouldnt we compare schaub to elite qbs? dont we want to have high expectations of our qb? a pro bowl mvp?

how many texans fans have claimed schaub is elite? Ive heard jon gruden and phil simms say schaub is elite.

isnt brady, rogers, and manning elite? now all of a sudden its wrong to compare shcaub to those guys?

However, you fail to understand the history of the Patriots and the great defenses that Brady had when he won three Super Bowls in four seasons.

again, a lot o texans fans claim shcuab and kubiak are great at their jobs but when you compare them to other great qbs and coaches all of a sudden its a problem.

brady and manning didnt always have great defenses backing them when they won. Not just during superbowl years but other years when they didnt win the superbowl but still managed to win and go to the playoffs.

if shcaub and kubiak is so great why cant they do the same?

all i see and hear is schaub and kubiak stans moving the goal posts and perpetually making excuses.

I'm a Texans fan, and Schaub is our QB. We are 7-1 in spite of sucking as bad as you seem to squeal with every post you make. Some of us can analyze without being homers or haters. Obviously a lost concept on someone like you.

i am also a texan fan but i will call it the way i see it.

people think im a hater. no, i love the texans.

You cant love without hate. Do you have a wife or significant other? You cant really love them without hating them.

http://bluebattinghelmet.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/radio-raheem-love-hate.jpg

Playoffs
11-06-2012, 07:46 PM
...Obviously a lost concept on someone like you.
No kidding, sheesh. Hopefully the things I'm seeinghttp://www.phoenixsong.net/forum/html/emoticons/disappear.gifdisappear are permanent.

Texan_Bill
11-06-2012, 08:15 PM

Nate... This is off topic but your avi (Schaub's pic) for some reason, really creeps me out and has for a really long time.... :D

BTW, I agree with the "doom and gloom" from that dude.... Somehow being 7-1 sucks??????? :ok: I hope he takes advantage of the link you provided!

That said and totally irrelevant, I expect the Texans to play a way better game than they did v. the Green Bay game. I think (obviously) they have a chance to win but my gut tells me they will lose in a close game....

FOOTBALL GODS, PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG.... I COMPEL YOU!!

SAMURAITEXAN
11-06-2012, 08:32 PM
It is like extreme a half empty VS a half full kinda thing may be? No matter what you say to the one who is extreme a half empties, will not going to change their points of view. This is how it is. I guess, this is a kind of uniqueness makes us as human being.

I hope the Texans comes up with W against Bears!!!

Go Texans!!!

Tailgate
11-06-2012, 11:14 PM
I have not been this pumped up for a regular season game in a while. We are about to find out what this team is made of.

NastyNate
11-07-2012, 04:44 AM
Nate... This is off topic but your avi (Schaub's pic) for some reason, really creeps me out and has for a really long time.... :D

BTW, I agree with the "doom and gloom" from that dude.... Somehow being 7-1 sucks??????? :ok: I hope he takes advantage of the link you provided!

I do what I can, and to creep you out I must be really doing it right!

welsh texan
11-07-2012, 04:55 AM
As the week moves on I'm getting more and more nervous about this game. I'm normally something of a koolaide sipper when it comes to all things Texans but I'm just wondering if these guys are going to step up to the occasion on the road in prime-time.

I like the stats I'm reading and I think we're the better team, just hoping the Texans come out and stamp their authority on this game as they won't get another chance to beat a high-level NFC team until February.

eriadoc
11-07-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm actually not too nervous about this game at all. I mean, it's a road game, and anything can happen any given Sunday, but their OL is not good. I think Cutler is better than a lot of people give him credit for, and he makes some nails throws under pressure, but in the end, the Texans front seven is going to get after Cutler and harass him into making some mistakes. The Texans offense will probably play conservatively so as to not give the Bears any opportunities, and grind out a relatively slow scoring win.

Having said that, I'm sure I'll be nervous during the game while the contest is in doubt, but I expect a Texans win in the range of something like 23-16 (FG game).

The Pencil Neck
11-07-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm actually not too nervous about this game at all. I mean, it's a road game, and anything can happen any given Sunday, but their OL is not good. I think Cutler is better than a lot of people give him credit for, and he makes some nails throws under pressure, but in the end, the Texans front seven is going to get after Cutler and harass him into making some mistakes. The Texans offense will probably play conservatively so as to not give the Bears any opportunities, and grind out a relatively slow scoring win.

Having said that, I'm sure I'll be nervous during the game while the contest is in doubt, but I expect a Texans win in the range of something like 23-16 (FG game).

I think our defense is good against the pass because our guys get to the QB and hit them. And most QBs get rattled and start making bad throws because of that. Flacco and Fitzpatrick both had plenty of guys that were open that they just flat-out missed and I think it was because our defense got into their heads.

And that's what DIDN'T happen against Green Bay. Rodgers is just gutsy as hell and appears to be almost unrattleable.

I don't know how Cutler is going to react. I hope we get to him early and often and totally shake his cage. If we can do that and if he gets rattled by it (and starts bitching at his linemen), then I think we can win this thing. But it all depends on Cutler.

ATXtexanfan
11-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Would be nice if we come out blazing like the Denver game. Jump on them early and keep it coming. No mistakes in second half to keep a comfortable lead. Is it just me or have we not scored on our first possession for three games?

The Pencil Neck
11-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Would be nice if we come out blazing like the Denver game. Jump on them early and keep it coming. No mistakes in second half to keep a comfortable lead. Is it just me or have we not scored on our first possession for three games?

You mean the one where we came out blazing to a 0-5 deficit before turning it on and jumping all over them?

ATXtexanfan
11-07-2012, 11:26 AM
You mean the one where we came out blazing to a 0-5 deficit before turning it on and jumping all over them?

Yeah, they kept their composure and got after it. Table turned real quick. Took absolute control of the game away from denver

thunderkyss
11-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah, they kept their composure and got after it. Table turned real quick. Took absolute control of the game away from denver

I don't want to get down to that defense at all. We need to take the opening kick-off & run a 18 play 10 minute drive for a TD. Force a three & out, then go on an 8 minute drive for a second TD.

Force another three & out & run out the clock for the final 6 minutes of the first half, capping it off with a field goal.

:gamer: