PDA

View Full Version : Bye week seemed to be good for Johnson and Joseph

gary
11-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Both of them played well today.

Norg
11-04-2012, 05:01 PM
i have to watch the tape but who was getting burned all day on thoes slant routes ...?????? in the first half the Bills we getting chunks of yards with miss direction slant passes

EllisUnit
11-04-2012, 05:20 PM
i have to watch the tape but who was getting burned all day on thoes slant routes ...?????? in the first half the Bills we getting chunks of yards with miss direction slant passes

McCain from what i saw, but overall both AJ and Johnson looked as good i have seen them all season.

badboy
11-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Any news on Joseph's wrist? He went back in so assume not too severe? I think we played down to competition.

Scooter
11-04-2012, 06:20 PM
i cant speak for joseph, but from my seats andre looked noticeably quicker. he took a slant in the second half near the opponent's endzone where i remarked that 'dre looked like he was back. i dont know that he'll ever get the top end back, but some of the explosion and quickness was seen today.

bckey
11-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Joseph has been getting burned all year. He hasn't looked near as good as he did last year.

amazing80
11-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Joseph has been getting burned all year. He hasn't looked near as good as he did last year.

Good thing we have Jackson, never thought Id say that haha

EllisUnit
11-04-2012, 07:16 PM

JoJo still covers teams #1 WR. He hasnt looked as good as last season but has still been a top 10 CB

gary
11-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Joseph gave up some catches but none of them were deep that I saw.

thunderkyss
11-05-2012, 01:40 AM

JoJo still covers teams #1 WR. He hasnt looked as good as last season but has still been a top 10 CB

I will say that Jjo looked better than he has all year, but not as good as he did last year. Last year, I guess he had something to prove. By no means am I saying that he sucked, but his coverage was mostly soft..... didn't give up any big plays, but Fitz was still able to get the ball out quickly.

The QB gets the ball out quickly when he likes his first/second read. Jjo was covering the first guy on many of the plays, I get that. But Stevie Johnson isn't some kind of freak that is open when he's not open.

Kj didn't get anything thrown his way, I'm thinking that's because his guy was #3 on the progression & since 1 & 2 were open most of the game, they never adjusted. Kj played well, but not shut-down well.

But even McCain & Quin were playing a little soft coverage.

Good thing there aren't any needle thread'n QBs on our schedule from here out.... yeah, there's that Brady guy but he's a different breed altogether.

dalemurphy
11-05-2012, 05:50 AM
McCain from what i saw, but overall both AJ and Johnson looked as good i have seen them all season.

Clearly, AJ is physically feeling much better than one month ago. The AJ we saw yesterday is plenty explosive enough to make plays and demand the attention from defenses that opens up the rest of the offense. I'm thrilled!

And, it is the strength and explosiveness he ran with after the catch and his ability to change direction, etc... before and after the catch that I'm referring to and not his statistics.

ThaJokaa
11-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I still think Kubes is holding AJ back and since we h e Da Bears next week who also has a good D, he had to let AJ loose a bit to make Da Bears plan for him a bit since the previous games he hasn't really done much.