PDA

View Full Version : Walter and Daniels Added to Injury Report

TheIronDuke
11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Hope OD is good to go by Sunday!

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/11/01/te-daniels-wr-walter-added-to-texans-report/

gtexan02
11-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I thought bye weeks were supposed to reduce the number of players that were injured

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2012, 04:18 PM
At least Walter is out because of illness, not some injury.

SAMURAITEXAN
11-01-2012, 07:04 PM
TJ's right elbow? Too much practice?

Sway
11-01-2012, 07:04 PM
we Need OD on the field regardless of who we play for sure. wonder why no WR's were picked up

Marcus
11-01-2012, 07:14 PM
we Need OD on the field regardless of who we play for sure. Wonder why no WR's were picked up

Scraping the bottom of the barrel, are we?

Cjeremy635
11-01-2012, 07:24 PM
TJ's right elbow? Too much practice?

Too much spanking the monkey would be my guess....:thinking:

Texn4life
11-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Hope OD is good to go by Sunday!

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/11/01/te-daniels-wr-walter-added-to-texans-report/

If he was limited in practice then he'll play unless he has a setback. If they feared that he wasn't healthy enough to play then he would've been held out of practice.

As much as I want to see Walter play Sunday and play well I need to see something out of our young receivers. So far we're dealing with similar issues as the past where we aren't getting much out of the position other than Andre and KW. A ton of opportunities haven't been there because we've held such big leads and ran the air out of the ball in the second half of games, but I just want to try to get these guys involved more somehow.

htownfan32
11-01-2012, 10:30 PM
As much as it would hamper our offense to NOT have OD out there on the field... anyone think that TE has become less of a draft need after seeing Graham's hands? I think we give him a chance and he'll be our guy pretty quick. If that FB we traded for back when with the Bears pans out, and Thor gets sent back to TE where he can make a huge difference, he and Casey could make opposing DCs tremble.

htownfan32
11-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Clarification: I'm not saying we don't need OD - he's a huge cog in our offense. I'm just saying our future TE look may already be with us.

welsh texan
11-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Agreed, pretty happy with our depth at TE, but OD is a special player who I feel is only just getting back to his best after a good few years that have been either cut short or held back by injuries.

Walter is a guy who I stood up for in the offseason, the kind of guy who will always be underrated during the offseason because on paper he's nothing special.

I like what we've got behind him and am more comfortable if he's limited/out come game time because Keymart, Posey and Jean are all talented guys who need good reps to develop. As long as he's healthy come playoff time its good by me.

When the games really count, you need Walter in there to take those 3rd and medium catches, do the really dirty stuff over the middle and in the shorter game etc.

Insideop
11-02-2012, 09:39 AM
As much as it would hamper our offense to NOT have OD out there on the field... anyone think that TE has become less of a draft need after seeing Graham's hands? I think we give him a chance and he'll be our guy pretty quick. If that FB we traded for back when with the Bears pans out, and Thor gets sent back to TE where he can make a huge difference, he and Casey could make opposing DCs tremble.

No. I don't think it has become any less of a need. We only have 2 TE's on our roster right now, not counting Casey. If 1 of them goes down, then you are forced to move Casey to TE and put Clutts (Great name for a football player.) in at FB, with no depth behind either position. Even if you picked up another FA, it takes time to get them adjusted to the scheme. Besides, OD isn't getting any younger (30 next year.), so we need to keep filling the pipeline. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Casey back at TE too, which I think is more his natural position. But, I'm still hoping the Texans draft 1 of those big fast TE's with good hands that can block too!

badboy
11-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Agreed, pretty happy with our depth at TE, but OD is a special player who I feel is only just getting back to his best after a good few years that have been either cut short or held back by injuries.

Walter is a guy who I stood up for in the offseason, the kind of guy who will always be underrated during the offseason because on paper he's nothing special.

I like what we've got behind him and am more comfortable if he's limited/out come game time because Keymart, Posey and Jean are all talented guys who need good reps to develop. As long as he's healthy come playoff time its good by me.

When the games really count, you need Walter in there to take those 3rd and medium catches, do the really dirty stuff over the middle and in the shorter game etc.Keep eye on Tyler Eifert Notre Dame who could be better than Daniels & might be available in first round.

Goldensilence
11-02-2012, 10:53 PM
All I am going to sat is IF OD isn't ready to go.....Casey is just as it not more. a dangerous target.

This offense comes at you from so many different angles.

SCOTTexans
11-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Injury reports are just a mandatory strategy play... Walter and OD both had good games and if A holding call wouldnt have brought back Walters 40 yard bomb, he would have had a badass game

SCOTTexans
11-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Keep eye on Tyler Eifert Notre Dame who could be better than Daniels & might be available in first round.

I don't think we need to waste a first round pick on a TE, we have some good depth. Maybe a late round steal, but Rick does say he drafts the best player thats available and not the position

welsh texan
11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Keep eye on Tyler Eifert Notre Dame who could be better than Daniels & might be available in first round.

Do you really see TE as an option for Smithiak in the first round? They've only ever taken 1 offensive player in the first and seem to prefer middle to late round developmental pickups at the position. It seems as if they are just getting Casey and Graham to where they want them to be, and would be more likely to grab someone later on to teach rather than using a high level pick on one.

TexansSeminole
11-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Do you really see TE as an option for Smithiak in the first round? They've only ever taken 1 offensive player in the first and seem to prefer middle to late round developmental pickups at the position. It seems as if they are just getting Casey and Graham to where they want them to be, and would be more likely to grab someone later on to teach rather than using a high level pick on one.

I see us handling tight end later on in the draft. We don't need a top flight height, weight, speed guy in this offense anyway. A good route runner with a nice set of hands is all that is required. If we keep using 4th and 5th rounders on tight ends, we will find that guy.

GP
11-05-2012, 10:17 AM

Have a feeling it won't be a TE in the first, but if he's THAT good and if Kubiak is THAT anxious about the future of OD, not just the immediate future but maybe a few years beyond right now, then I'd be OK with it. The TE is huuuuuge in this offense. We'd be worse off without Owen Daniels, guys.

Having said that, I think ILB should be the draft choice. It's a serious need right now. SERIOUS NEED. Not a subtle need, not a luxury need. Serious need.

And having said that, we know Rick Smith on draft day will target around 3 players who might or might not play different positions that he thinks fits this team's mentality and talent needs. And positional needs, as well.

Just as Mercilus fell to us out of the open sky above, I'm thinking Rick will wait for one of his key guys to fall to him on draft day. If we're at the tail end of Round 1, like we should be (wink, wink, nod, nod...) then maybe a monster TE would be smart since he'd probably go at beginning of Round 2.

BigBull17
11-06-2012, 10:00 AM
I see us handling tight end later on in the draft. We don't need a top flight height, weight, speed guy in this offense anyway. A good route runner with a nice set of hands is all that is required. If we keep using 4th and 5th rounders on tight ends, we will find that guy.

While I do agree, can you imagine a Jimmy Graham/Gronkowski in this offense? Scary stuff. Just sayni...

beerlover
11-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Have a feeling it won't be a TE in the first, but if he's THAT good and if Kubiak is THAT anxious about the future of OD, not just the immediate future but maybe a few years beyond right now, then I'd be OK with it. The TE is huuuuuge in this offense. We'd be worse off without Owen Daniels, guys.

Having said that, I think ILB should be the draft choice. It's a serious need right now. SERIOUS NEED. Not a subtle need, not a luxury need. Serious need.

And having said that, we know Rick Smith on draft day will target around 3 players who might or might not play different positions that he thinks fits this team's mentality and talent needs. And positional needs, as well.

Just as Mercilus fell to us out of the open sky above, I'm thinking Rick will wait for one of his key guys to fall to him on draft day. If we're at the tail end of Round 1, like we should be (wink, wink, nod, nod...) then maybe a monster TE would be smart since he'd probably go at beginning of Round 2.

Texans almost traded up for Mercilus, factoring in Mario Williams leaving via free agency. Cushing will return next season, stronger than ever based on his work ethic & rehab regiment that you know is off the charts, so ILB need will not be big as it is right now (like gaining a 1st rd. pick back).

I did a complete first round mock during the "BYE WEEK" http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95878 based off John McClain week 9 power rankings & it all hinges on how this thing winds up. Giants are desperate to upgrade TE position while Atlanta will have to face life without Tony Gonzalez who is planning to retire after this season. Both teams may be willing to trade up to grab Eifert, however without trades or draft position order changes I could easily make the case Tyler is BPA.

CloakNNNdagger
11-08-2012, 09:07 AM
OD has been listed on the injury report as "back"..........however, it is his hip that was being fully evaluated yesterday afternoon.

11-09-2012, 04:48 PM
If Daniels doesn't play, it'll be a huge blow to the offense...

Tailgate
11-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Got 610 text. Tate and Cody are OUT. Owen Daniels a game time decision.

TheIronDuke
11-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Ben Tate reportedly tore his cervix but will be back fumbling again in a few weeks.

GP
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Ben Tate reportedly tore his cervix but will be back fumbling again in a few weeks.

LOL.

U be hatin'....

That was a great one-liner.

TheIronDuke
11-09-2012, 05:15 PM
LOL.

U be hatin'....

That was a great one-liner.

Yeah, I'm completely off the Tate train and want no part of him anymore. Freaking injury prone to the nth degree. Might as well IR him and use Grimes and Forsett and use that extra spot for Hartmann's kickoff skills.

Thorn
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I'm completely off the Tate train and want no part of him anymore. Freaking injury prone to the nth degree. Might as well IR him and use Grimes and Forsett and use that extra spot for Hartmann's kickoff skills.

Bolded part is not a bad idea actually.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I didn't see a thread specically directed at this (I'm sure there was and I missed it, maybe in this thread), but did I hear that Kubiak said OD is a game time decision?

NOT Cool!

CretorFrigg
11-09-2012, 09:27 PM

Yeah, he's injury prone, but he runs the ball way better than Forsett. Did you see Forsett try to run against the Bill's terrible run defense last week? It was awful.

TheIronDuke
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah, he's injury prone, but he runs the ball way better than Forsett. Did you see Forsett try to run against the Bill's terrible run defense last week? It was awful.

He didn't look great for sure. I really think Grimes would be better. Only one way to find out!

Texan_Bill
11-09-2012, 09:35 PM

Either way, the question is this.... Can Tate get on the field (fighting legit injuries) v. Forsett not being all that productive?

Either way the Texans need a way to "spell" or give Arian a breather. How do they do that??? Maybe bringing back Grimes (after the Jets stole him off our PS) gets subdtely worked back in???

At the end of the day, I think it's HUGE that OD may not be able to go..... That sucks ASS!!

CloakNNNdagger
11-09-2012, 10:25 PM

He didn't look great for sure. I really think Grimes would be better. Only one way to find out!

That may be true, but it's strange that an RB can look so great against a great team and sometimes poor against a poor one, and vice versa..........your won't really know without a larger sample size. Either way, it would be nice to see some of Grimes, especially if it looks like Forsett has hit a wall.

JPPT1974
11-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Well hope that they are out for just one game. And that is all. Hope the injuries are not that serious.

Norg
11-10-2012, 12:21 AM
i cant beleieve this team has only 2 TE's on this roster and 1 hybrid

u think if KW and OD dont [play for CHi its a automatc Lose ?????

ObsiWan
11-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Texans almost traded up for Mercilus, factoring in Mario Williams leaving via free agency. Cushing will return next season, stronger than ever based on his work ethic & rehab regiment that you know is off the charts, so ILB need will not be big as it is right now (like gaining a 1st rd. pick back).

I did a complete first round mock during the "BYE WEEK" http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95878 based off John McClain week 9 power rankings & it all hinges on how this thing winds up. Giants are desperate to upgrade TE position while Atlanta will have to face life without Tony Gonzalez who is planning to retire after this season. Both teams may be willing to trade up to grab Eifert, however without trades or draft position order changes I could easily make the case Tyler is BPA.

The question is are those teams viewing TE upgrade/replacement as a first round priority? I'm hoping we parley our 1st pick - hopefully its in the 30-32 neighborhood - for additional picks in case those guys, or others, want to trade back into the first round.

If we pull that off, and our first pick is in the 2nd round, who would be your choice??

11-11-2012, 03:32 PM
so... is OD playing or not?..

welsh texan
11-11-2012, 03:44 PM
so... is OD playing or not?..

True gametime decision, ie if we need him and he feels good to go, he'll play. He'll be suited and active, but may not play.

SheTexan
11-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Well, I benched OD on my FF team, so he will probably play and get a zillion points!! Not that I would mind at all! A Texan win comes way before a FF win!!:headhurts:

badboy
11-11-2012, 05:36 PM
The question is are those teams viewing TE upgrade/replacement as a first round priority? I'm hoping we parley our 1st pick - hopefully its in the 30-32 neighborhood - for additional picks in case those guys, or others, want to trade back into the first round.

If we pull that off, and our first pick is in the 2nd round, who would be your choice??It would be interesting what the trade down would bring but with two seconds, I'd probably take Eddy Lacy (Alabama) with one and NT with our own second.

DX-TEX
11-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Robert Henslee‏@SportsRadioRH

Owen Daniels working out at Soldier Field as the rain begins to fall. Daniels running very well. http://yfrog.com/kj18488908j

Retweeted by Stephanie Stradley
View photo

Good sign

Specnatz
11-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Good sign

Marius Payton ‏@mpaytonCSN

Just talked to Owen Daniels and he is not playing. Coaches decided to hold him out for the long haul. @csnhouston #TexansTalk
Retweeted by Stephanie Stradley

DX-TEX
11-11-2012, 06:56 PM
marius payton ‏@mpaytoncsn

just talked to owen daniels and he is not playing. Coaches decided to hold him out for the long haul. @csnhouston #texanstalk
retweeted by stephanie stradley

doomed.

Titans Sux 72
11-11-2012, 08:01 PM
doomed.

Way to keep the faith.

CloakNNNdagger
11-11-2012, 08:03 PM
doomed.

The phrase "running very well" is not what I ever feel very comfortable with.:kubepalm:

CloakNNNdagger
11-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Candid shot of OD running very well on the sideline.......:)

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/7/5/1278320975359/WEATHER-Storms-2-006.jpg

HJam72
11-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Candid shot of OD running very well on the sideline.......:)

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/7/5/1278320975359/WEATHER-Storms-2-006.jpg

Wow, look at the field of play behind him in that picture. :)