View Full Version : Houston Texans vs. Bye **Official Nogameday Thread**

ThaShark316
10-28-2012, 12:29 PM
What I want to see:

Nothing. Enjoy the bye week!

Oh come on, I had to!

Thorn
10-28-2012, 12:33 PM
I hear the Byes will be starting a new QB today.

ThaJokaa
10-28-2012, 12:33 PM
No game?

What should I do with my hands?

http://gifsoup.com/view6/2244461/ricky-bobby-awkward-hands-o.gif

disaacks3
10-28-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm taking the Texans and the over.

ThaShark316
10-28-2012, 12:35 PM
I hear the Byes will be starting a new QB today.

It's a neutral site game, too. We got no tape, no home crowd...scary.

speedfreek
10-28-2012, 12:37 PM
I got a prop bet on JJ Watt getting at least one bat-down against Bye-week's QB

TJ

NitroGSXR
10-28-2012, 12:39 PM
I want to see Dallas, Tennessee, Indianapolis, Jaguars... all lose. Even if they play each other.

Thorn
10-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I want to see Dallas, Tennessee, Indianapolis, Jaguars... all lose. Even if they play each other.

Well, Titans and Dolts could tie. LOL

NitroGSXR
10-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Well, Titans and Dolts could tie. LOL

No... they could both lose. It depends on how hard they hit each other.

Do not misconstrue my post as me wishing injury on anyone. I'm not. I'm just wishing these teams beat on each other and wear the other out.

Tailgate
10-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Cmon Rams, Skins, Pack, Saints, and Colts!

TejasTom
10-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Lunch on the patio at Becks Prime...watching scores on my phone. Making plans for Chicago Bears game.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Tailgate
10-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Cmon Rams, Skins, Pack, Saints, and Colts!

I mean just kidding!!

GlassHalfFull
10-28-2012, 03:40 PM
DTE will probably ***** cause KJ was a no show this week.

BullBlitz
10-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Pulling for the Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Steelers, Bears, Lions, Falcons.... Maybe left one or two out.

Goldensilence
10-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Surprised no one called this a MUST WIN game.

EllisUnit
10-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Pulling for the Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Steelers, Bears, Lions, Falcons.... Maybe left one or two out.

hmmm dont know why u would pull for the broncos and patriots, the more they lose the bigger a lead we have in the AFC. just saying

And why is ur Avi a pic of Schaub getting sacked by greenbay ??? Dude you confuse the hell out of me, with every post and well hell with everything you do.

brakos82
10-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Surprised no one called this a MUST WIN game.

Must be a trap game then!

http://i.imgur.com/hZFqH.gif

BullBlitz
10-28-2012, 08:22 PM
hmmm dont know why u would pull for the broncos and patriots, the more they lose the bigger a lead we have in the AFC. just saying

And why is ur Avi a pic of Schaub getting sacked by greenbay ??? Dude you confuse the hell out of me, with every post and well hell with everything you do.

Fan of Peyton, and anyway, if we just continue to take care of our own business then we won't need any help from other teams.

Khari
10-28-2012, 08:24 PM
bye weeks are evil......but i did like the pit prison team uniforms

GP
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM

Why is your avatar a pic of Schaub getting sacked???

Why do you root for Broncos and Patriots when that has home field advantage ramifications for us?

Do you understand football?

EllisUnit
10-28-2012, 09:02 PM

^^^ was my thoughts exactly GP.

DX-TEX
10-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Biggest bye week in franchise history!

silentassassin
10-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Biggest bye week in franchise history!

A must-win for sure.

PandapuffTexan
10-28-2012, 11:49 PM

tony got 5 turnovers..he should retire and open a pastry site

ObsiWan
10-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Hey... somebody help me. what was the spread against Bye this week?
:gamer:

gtexan02
10-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Why is your avatar a pic of Schaub getting sacked???

Why do you root for Broncos and Patriots when that has home field advantage ramifications for us?

Do you understand football?

BullBlitz is not a Texans fan. That answers all questions

Norg
10-29-2012, 05:12 AM
man how are the colts winning ..... they need to start losing now !!!!!!!!!!! who do they play next ???

GP
10-29-2012, 11:16 AM
BullBlitz is not a Texans fan. That answers all questions

I wonder if the person even understands how it all works. Rooting for, or being happy for, divisional rivals AND conference opponents is the very antithesis of being a fan for your team.

Either that, or the person just enjoys yanking people's chains and/or is just contrary to be contrary.

Because otherwise it makes absolutely zero sense. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

GP
10-29-2012, 11:26 AM
man how are the colts winning ..... they need to start losing now !!!!!!!!!!! who do they play next ???

Colts are now 4-3 and Titans are now 3-5.

A reversal of their outcome this past Sunday, a Titans win, would have made Titans 4-4 and Colts 3-4.

I personally would have liked the Colts to have 4 losses and the Titans have four losses right now, but at the end of the season it will all even out.

We'd have to lose our next two and the Colts would have to win their next two for us to be tied with them for 1st place int he division, and I just don't see that scenario happening.

They get Miami (at Indy) next Sunday. I chalk that as a Dolphins win.

They have Jax (at Jax) after that. Toss up, IMO.

Then they travel to Foxboro to face the grim reaper himself. That's a Colts loss.

So I have them at 1-2 over the next three games.

Texans? We're at Chicago this Sunday night (dammit, a night game!). We then have Jax at home, then have Thanksgiving at Detroit. We could be 3-0, 2-1, or 1-2. At the worst case scenario, we only win one game and we'd still have a 2-game lead over the Colts.

We ought to be OK.

BullBlitz
10-29-2012, 08:48 PM
I wonder if the person even understands how it all works. Rooting for, or being happy for, divisional rivals AND conference opponents is the very antithesis of being a fan for your team.

Either that, or the person just enjoys yanking people's chains and/or is just contrary to be contrary.

Because otherwise it makes absolutely zero sense. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Then I will explain:

It makes sense if you enjoy a highly competitive, down to the wire race to determine the wild card teams, the division winners and home field advantage.
I want the last two weeks of the season to count as opposed be meaningless.

And along with the Texans, I'd like to see the Patriots, Broncos, and Steelers take their respective divisions. Give me Schaub, Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger in the playoffs any time. That's interesting competition. If the Ravens and the Dolphins, or even the Colts, were to take the wild card spots, that would be fine with me.

With 9 of their games against the Colts, Titans, Jaguars, Jets, Dolphins and Bills, the Texans have a pretty easy road to the AFC South title. I'd like the game against the Patriots to count for something, so that's why I am pulling for Patriots to keep winning. I'd also like the Colts to keep getting better, so those games have a chance to be competitive at the end of the regular season.

Sure I want the Texans to win, but I also like the regular season to stay relevant, and the playoff picture to remain undetermined until late in December.

With the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Giants, Lions, Bears and Falcons winning last weekend, I was pretty happy.

Scooter
10-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Then I will explain:

It makes sense if you enjoy a highly competitive, down to the wire race to determine the wild card teams, the division winners and home field advantage.
I want the last two weeks of the season to count as opposed be meaningless.

And along with the Texans, I'd like to see the Patriots, Broncos, and Steelers take their respective divisions. Give me Schaub, Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger in the playoffs any time. That's interesting competition. If the Ravens and the Dolphins, or even the Colts, were to take the wild card spots, that would be fine with me.

With 9 of their games against the Colts, Titans, Jaguars, Jets, Dolphins and Bills, the Texans have a pretty easy road to the AFC South title. I'd like the game against the Patriots to count for something, so that's why I am pulling for Patriots to keep winning. I'd also like the Colts to keep getting better, so those games have a chance to be competitive at the end of the regular season.

Sure I want the Texans to win, but I also like the regular season to stay relevant, and the playoff picture to remain undetermined until late in December.

With the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Giants, Lions, Bears and Falcons winning last weekend, I was pretty happy.

lol ... do you really expect anyone to buy that?

Thorn
10-30-2012, 08:19 AM
I forgot to watch this weekend, but did we beat the Bye team?

speedfreek
10-30-2012, 08:28 AM
yeah, but it was a lot closer than expected. Very poor officiating IMO

TJ

I forgot to watch this weekend, but did we beat the Bye team?

BullBlitz
10-30-2012, 06:53 PM
lol ... do you really expect anyone to buy that?

Couldn't care less.