PDA

View Full Version : Could Tebow be traded?

gwallaia
10-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Speculation abound about his Tebowness. Seahawks? Jaguars?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084659/article/tim-tebow-among-players-who-could-be-traded-before-deadline

texanhead08
10-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Who would want him ? He is a bad QB and the circus sideshow that follows him really isn't worth what his skills bring to any team.

GlassHalfFull
10-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Speculation abound about his Tebowness. Seahawks? Jaguars?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084659/article/tim-tebow-among-players-who-could-be-traded-before-deadline

Ha. I am in Seattle with my son, who is moving here. Time to torture him with the Tebow to Seattle rumor.
:kitten:

TheIronDuke
10-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Isn't Elaine Gabbert injured? I can see the Hags giving up a 1st and 2nd rounder next year for Tebow. That's what they burned to draft Elaine, then they can use their 3rd-7th picks on special teams players.

Playoffs
10-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Tebow would wreck the good beginnings the Seahawks have, imo.

infantrycak
10-24-2012, 01:40 PM
OK, not a Tebow fan at all but the Jets have been absolutely incompetent at their attempt to work him into the offense. 3 passing attempts 22 rushing attempts. Seriously it is like they are brain dead. He is not a RB. Look at his moderate success in Denver - 271 passing attempts to 121 rushes. The Jets are trying to use him as a RB who can arguably throw the ball rather than as a QB who can run.

Double Barrel
10-24-2012, 01:59 PM
We could always use another TE! :D

chicagotexan2
10-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Jax needs something to put butts in the seats. Besides gabbert is not all that at qb. I know tebow is a gadget player and lousy qb but he could really bring some much needed excitement to that dud fanbase.

Dutchrudder
10-24-2012, 11:05 PM
MJD is out with a foot injury, so they could use another RB. Blaine Gabbert is out with a strained cervix, so they could use another half-assed QB. Seems like a good match, but what will the Jags have to send in return? A 5th? Their coveted third round punter? Chad Henne's corpse?

Hookem Horns
10-24-2012, 11:41 PM
I like Tebow and root for him. I am not saying I think he is an NFL caliber QB but I just enjoy watching him. Probably because he has so many haters.

The Jags should seriously consider bringing him in. It would at least put them on the map outside of the Jacksonville city limits. I am just north of Orlando and the Jags are a secondary team here behind the Bucs. However they get very little run or pub around here (except on Bud Light boxes). This area is Gator crazy so bringing in Tebow would change that.

Personally I don't want it because I like to root for the guy which would not happen if he is in Jax. However they should pull the trigger and give up some serious picks that will cripple them in the long run. :)

mattieuk
10-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Ha. I am in Seattle with my son, who is moving here. Time to torture him with the Tebow to Seattle rumor.
:kitten:

All these band-wagoners jumping on the pacific northwest Texans fanclub! :P I'm in Seattle on Saturday actually for the UW-Oregon State game!

I think Russell has got a lot of maturing to do - but I definitely see a NFL worthy starting QB in him, and for that reason I don't think that they'll be Tebow shopping. Having Lynch in the backfield sure takes some pressure off a new QB to succeed right away.

The Jets have really shot themselves in the foot here. The fans are starting to boo whenever Tebow leaves the field, and Sanchez's position has QB#1 has been utterly undermined because they've brought in a situational running back.

Norg
10-25-2012, 12:38 AM
yeah gabbert is hurt MJD is hurt they need to sell tickets the jags seem like the most logical place to want him

Goldensilence
10-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Don't get why Seattle would want to trade for him?

Wilson is doing beyond what most people expected of him and they have Flynn as his backup.

Jacksonville....could care less, but it's pretty obvious the Gabbert Experiment isn't looking good and it could give them a boost. I'd just look forward to the Texans defense teeing off on him twice a year.

Showtime100
10-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Oh goody. Another place to talk Tebow. I wish to touch myself. :choke:

Norg
10-25-2012, 05:36 PM
i granturee U one way or another the Texans will see Tebow again in a starting QB role

BattleRedToro
10-25-2012, 09:46 PM
MJD is out with a foot injury, so they could use another RB. Blaine Gabbert is out with a strained cervix, so they could use another half-assed QB. Seems like a good match, but what will the Jags have to send in return? A 5th? Their coveted third round punter? Chad Henne's corpse?

Epic post.

Must spread rep, damn.

welsh texan
10-26-2012, 01:00 AM
You know, I'd never normally like to see a team draft a player for simply putting bums on seats, but I thought the Jag's were out of their minds to pass on him. I actually quite like the Jags as a team, all divisional rivalry aside, but if they continue to lay the tarp game after game they are going to be in serious trouble.

I also think the right coach could make Tebow a revelation, get a college style Offense on the go and it'll cause problems for NFL D's IMO.

Goldensilence
10-26-2012, 01:32 AM
You know, I'd never normally like to see a team draft a player for simply putting bums on seats, but I thought the Jag's were out of their minds to pass on him. I actually quite like the Jags as a team, all divisional rivalry aside, but if they continue to lay the tarp game after game they are going to be in serious trouble.

I also think the right coach could make Tebow a revelation, get a college style Offense on the go and it'll cause problems for NFL D's IMO.

Last year in Denver was pretty damn close to a college style offense that Tebow is going see again. He was more effective as a runner than passing the football. The real revelation here is that this is a pocket passer league.

Cam Newton lit the league on fire last year....this year not so much. League defenses caught up to what the Panthers were doing offensively and he's not getting much production out of his line of high priced backfield.

RG3 is the new deal this year, but to me same song song different verse. Once defenses see him the second time around or one defense gets a scheme that effectively bottles him up as a runner, can he make all the rest of the throws that a QB needs to make to be effective and turn elite? What also has to be a concern is he's already got one concussion.

I said it before the draft RG3 is probably going to have a more dazzling first year while Luck is going to have a dazzling career. Can Mike and Kyle help RG3 turn the same corner McNabb did and Cunningham did later is his career as a athletic QB capable of manipulating the pocket? We'll all have to see.

At any rate if Tebow hasn't turned a corner yet....I doubt he will. At this point if I was him I'd ask to be traded to Jax so I could ride off into the sunset in Florida.

Showtime100
10-26-2012, 02:10 AM
I just can't wait to find out!! Oh, where will I go to ..............nevermind. I just can't believe there's a freaking Tebow thread here. I mean for God's sakes, he's a back up to what should be a back up.

Norg
10-26-2012, 04:26 AM
man what happen if the Texans get ol tim tebow ???? how would we use him could Kubes Mold tim tebow ?????

Ryan
10-26-2012, 01:59 PM
man what happen if the Texans get ol tim tebow ???? how would we use him could Kubes Mold tim tebow ?????

:vincepalm:

TheIronDuke
10-26-2012, 02:17 PM
:vincepalm:

If Norg ran the team we'd have VY and Tebow with HWWNBN backing up both. Actually, he'd probably have all three on the field together somehow in some sick, twisted offensive mind ****.

Norg
10-26-2012, 05:32 PM
i wanted VY right after he left tenn has a backup and this was around the time when he would kill the texans and when Mat when down alot in the beginning i would of rather had VY then Sage rosenfail

LondonTex
10-27-2012, 10:44 AM

:kubepalm:

CloakNNNdagger
10-28-2012, 08:57 AM

College style offenses just don't work in the NFL. Or should I say, when they have been introduced, they can by novelty work a short period of time until NFL defenses adjust. And then they take an off-the-map swan dive.