PDA

View Full Version : Are the Texans trading for Dwayne Bowe?

b0ng
10-23-2012, 07:44 PM
From twitter:

@SedanoShow Rumor swirling that KC is still looking to move Dwayne Bowe. But to an AFC South Team

First impression : No freaking way.

However, we are in uncharted territory and I'm not sure if Bowe being franchised has salary cap implications that make this trade doable for the Texans. Head would spin if it did happen.

AFS
10-23-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't see this being us (though depending on the deal, would not mind at all him playing on this football team). Maybe Jax or Indy?

SAMURAITEXAN
10-23-2012, 07:51 PM
From twitter:

@SedanoShow Rumor swirling that KC is still looking to move Dwayne Bowe. But to an AFC South Team

First impression : No freaking way.

However, we are in uncharted territory and I'm not sure if Bowe being franchised has salary cap implications that make this trade doable for the Texans. Head would spin if it did happen.

For Texans? After drafting 2 wrs in 2012 draft? Our cap situation and all? It is us? I am having difficult time believing this. I wouldn't complain if it is true.

SteveSlaton20
10-23-2012, 07:57 PM
maybe to the jaguars or the titans? idk, but i did wanted Bowe to come here this offseason... doubt kubiak would trade for him tho. would be a big time red zone threat and would take the double team off of andre. for once i'd love to see andre get 10+ TDs in a season.

Stemp
10-23-2012, 07:58 PM
If true, I'm curious what we are willing to give up for him.

TexanSam
10-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Dwayne Bowe and Andre Johnson would be awesome. I'd be willing to give up a 2nd round pick this year and maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder next year. But he's making about $9 million this year. Unless we have some way of freeing that much room, it's probably not us.

According to this article (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a421db/article/available-salarycap-space-for-all-32-nfl-teams) the Jags and Titans both have the most available cap room in the NFL at $25 million and $19 million. The Colts have $14 million. We're at $4 million.

Brandon420tx
10-23-2012, 08:03 PM
If we did it. It would be before the weekend, like Thursday night imo. To Give Bowe the bye week to start learning offense. I think it would take him 3-4 weeks till Kubiak was comfortable enough to have him on the field.

The only thing I can see that causes us to push for this trade is KMart's sudden case of stone hands when playing WR, as well as maybe there is something more going on with Lestar Jean

srrono
10-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Only way I see it being possible is if the Texans send players nearing the cap hit.

Per Rotoworld
8/17/2012: Signed a one-year, $9.515 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed.

9,515,000 per 16 games
that is 594,687.50 per game
9 games remaining is 5,352,187.50 as a cap hit

Do the Texans get any kind of cap relief when placing players on Injured Reserved?

srrono
10-23-2012, 08:07 PM
My guess would be the Colts with them in the race for a playoff spot.

SteveSlaton20
10-23-2012, 08:09 PM
If true, I'm curious what we are willing to give up for him.

TJ Yates and an early pick?

Brandon420tx
10-23-2012, 08:10 PM
I think when you make a trade that puts you over the cap you have a certain time period to rework a contract before the league steps in. He could sign a new contract upon his arrival.

hot pickle
10-23-2012, 08:12 PM
its gonna be indy for sure.

gg no re
10-23-2012, 08:16 PM

This would make the most sense... for the Texans, it'd make more sense for them to deal for a MLB at the deadline.

Goldensilence
10-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Titans and Jags drafted high WR's and neither make trade sense at this point in their seasons, even if they do have most cap room.

Only Texans and Indy make sense and for Indy it's not a bad trade considering they are in similar situation with an aging Reggie Wayne.

If and a BIG IF it is the Texans it could just be a one year rental. I am not sure how his salrary this year would impact the current cap or next year's. One year rental or not I'd like what this says about the FO really going for it this year.

SteveSlaton20
10-23-2012, 08:18 PM
indy makes sense, but who do they have to trade?

ChampionTexan
TJ Yates and an early pick?

Absolutely not. The guy's an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, plus, I believe it would take a few weeks to get him acclimated to the offense (if he could even do it before season's end).

I don't think this makes any sense from either a football standpoint, or a cap standpoint, but if it is doable, it better be for next to nothing.

RTP2110

I agree. Jags just drafted Blackmon and signed Robinson. Tacks just drafted Wright in the 1st round and still have Britt and Washington. Indy makes a lot of sense to help Luck out. Keep a close eye on Irsay's twitter.

SteveSlaton20
10-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Absolutely not. The guy's an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, plus, I believe it would take a few weeks to get him acclimated to the offense (if he could even do it before season's end).

I don't think this makes any sense from either a football standpoint, or a cap standpoint, but it it is doable, it better be for next to nothing.

yeah, I like TJ too, but if it was the texans, i dont see who else we would trade.

Texan_Bill
10-23-2012, 08:21 PM
My guess would be the Colts with them in the race for a playoff spot.

Jup.... The Colts would be my guess as well. With the state of affairs in the entire AFC, the Colts hitting a wildcard wouldn't be that much of a stretch, not to mention it would give Luck a nice target as the aging Harrison fades out.

SteveSlaton20
10-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Jup.... The Colts would be my guess as well. With the state of affairs in the entire AFC, the Colts hitting a wildcard wouldn't be that much of a stretch, not to mention it would give Luck a nice target as the aging Harrison fades out.

man, your age is getting to you Bill...

ChampionTexan
10-23-2012, 08:26 PM
yeah, I like TJ too, but if it was the texans, i dont see who else we would trade.

You want to trade him for a guy who's under contract for 9 more games, may very well be ineffective for several of those, and who will be getting big dollars from somebody next season?

Allstar
10-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Indy I'm sure

SteveSlaton20
10-23-2012, 08:27 PM
You want to trade him for a guy who's under contract for 9 more games, may very well be ineffective for several of those, and who will be getting big dollars from somebody next season?

read post #18...

ChampionTexan
10-23-2012, 08:28 PM
read post #18...

done - now you read post #21.

Playoffs
10-23-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't see him going to an AFC South team. Rumor.

SteveSlaton20
10-23-2012, 08:29 PM
done - now you read post #21.

never said i would. i wouldnt trade for bowe unless he came with a long term contract.

TdotTexas2Step
10-23-2012, 08:35 PM
I'd be cool with him being the heir to Andre Johnson. Bowe would thrive in our offense.

b0ng
10-23-2012, 08:36 PM
The only way I could see it working is if him being franchised, and it being mid season, there is cap relief for his contract.

SCOTTexans
10-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Bowes on my fantasy team so i hope he gets traded somewhere.....

Allstar
10-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Bowes on my fantasy team so i hope he gets traded somewhere.....

Even Jacksonville?

SCOTTexans
10-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Even Jacksonville?

Touche'

Brandon420tx
10-23-2012, 08:51 PM
No, you cannot touch my Tooshie!!!

Nawzer
10-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Highly doubt the Texans make a radical move like this mid-season. This is generally a conservative bunch and I don't think it's their style. Would be nice though to have someone like Bowe lineup next to AJ. If he's really rumored to be coming to the AFC South, I think it's probably the Titans.

b0ng
10-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Highly doubt the Texans make a radical move like this mid-season. This is generally a conservative bunch and I don't think it's their style. Would be nice though to have someone like Bowe lineup next to AJ. If he's really rumored to be coming to the AFC South, I think it's probably the Titans.

Unless Bowe can play safety or LB I don't think he's going to help the Titans that much.

Allstar
10-23-2012, 09:22 PM

Titans need work in the trenches, and spent a first on a WR. Washington and Britt are good players.

Indy just dealt a 2nd rounder for Vontae Davis, and I'm not sure Grigson wants to lose another precious draft pick when he still has so many holes to fill.

JAX just traded up in the first to draft Blackmon and signed Laurent Robinson in the offseason. I'm not sure they want to go this route either with how awful the rest of their team is.

Come to think of it, it wouldn't make sense for any of the AFCS teams.

Playoffs
10-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Lance Zierlein @LanceZierlein
Won't be Texans

Hervoyel
10-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Yep. Nope.

Scooter
10-23-2012, 10:04 PM
bowe certainly fits, i've thought for a couple years now that he'd be the most ideal WR out there for kubiak - big physical receiver who can take over the middle of the field and block downfield. i still dont see it happening though. too big of a move, we dont have the money, walter just came off a big game and we have 3 young guys fighting for playing time. he'd be a huge asset for the texans, but i cant imagine the brass attempting something so aggressive halfway through a successful season.

Allstar
10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Nope, Yep.

ATXtexanfan
10-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Colts written all over it

Texn4life
10-23-2012, 10:13 PM
The Texans will trade for Bowe as soon as Eva Longoria calls me and tells me she wants to hook up.

ArlingtonTexan
10-23-2012, 10:22 PM

I would normally agree with this, but the Texans should be in a "this is the year" mode. If the salary cap works, this is the type of move that a we are ready now team would/could /should do. The biggest real question with the Texans offense is can the team lean on the passing game to win football games? I know that when close or ahead, the passing game is fine. Not sure when down 10 in the 4th quarter and we have to pass to win.

Nawzer
10-23-2012, 10:28 PM
I would normally agree with this, but the Texans should be in a "this is the year" mode. If the salary cap works, this is the type of move that a we are ready now team would/could /should do. The biggest real question with the Texans offense is can the team lean on the passing game to win football games? I know that when close or ahead, the passing game is fine. Not sure when down 10 in the 4th quarter and we have to pass to win.

I agree that the window to win in the NFL is a short window unless you're the Steelers, Packers, and the Pats. I hope the Texans can become a perennial contender like those teams, but it's tough to sustain that kind of success over the long haul. I just don't see Rick Smith pulling a move like this. Bowe can be a great red zone asset for us, but it'll take him a long time to pick up this complicated offense.

Say Watt
10-23-2012, 10:34 PM
It'd be nice if it were true. Won't happen though. No way the Texans shake up the team right now. If they had laid a stinker against Baltimore, then maybe we do something out of the ordinary. But not right now.

I'd love to sign Bowe in the offseason though. The guy would thrive in this system. It's not often you get to sign a franchise WR in free agency.

TEXANRED
10-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Bowe wouldn't help anybody at this point in the season. We are at the half way point, he would have to come in and learn a brand new playbook. Not only that but he would then need to build chemistry with the QB and rest of the team.

I say the Titans, only Bud could be this dumb.

thunderkyss
10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Only Texans and Indy make sense and for Indy it's not a bad trade considering they are in similar situation with an aging Reggie Wayne.

I could see Indy, they're probably kicking themselves in the butt for letting Garcon go. The remainder of their schedule is pretty dull, minus Texans (x2) & Patriots. They can possibly make a play-off run with a little luck.... <--luck, I crack myself up.

Texecutioner
10-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Rick Smith is anti/trade.

Would never make a big deal like this.

thunderkyss
10-23-2012, 11:24 PM

If the Chiefs saw a future with Bowe, they wouldn't be talking about trading him. If they trade him, I'm sure they'll take a chance on a few chill'n....... Posey maybe, Posey & Martin?

Maybe they'd like a wily vet? KDub & Posey?

paycheck71
10-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Is it possible to negotiate a long term deal when trading for a franchised player in the middle of a season? That's the only way this could even remotely be possible. I don't see it happening.

badboy
10-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Some thoughts:

The blurb said "KC still wants to trade Bowe". So nothing has changed including why he was not traded before now.

If Texans are still $4m under cap & Bowe cap hit is $5m that is doable.

Take the time and read these posts from beginning; several say Bowe would be great and others say take him too long to learn system. hmm

stats Bowe: 2012 Regular Season 34 66 427 12.6 33 3 28
stats A.J. : 2012 Regular Season 34 53 444 13.1 60 2 25

How can a player of Bowe skills not be a plus across from AJ? If you are a opposing DC will you play him loose hoping he does not yet know the play book? Me neither.

If cap is not an issue, what would KC want? Picks, a player or both?

2013 draft KC should have first or second pick & could get Geno Smith or Barkley and use our first round pick on next greatest need. KC would want more but not in position to get more from Houston

Texan_Bill
10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
man, your age is getting to you Bill...

Whoa.... what???? Who is the old fart that's close to my age???? :smiliepalm:

steelbtexan
10-23-2012, 11:35 PM

True

Bowe could renogtiate a new contract and fit under the cap.

I would be willing to give up a 1st rd pick for Bowe.

Indy has a really good WR corps. Tacks have a good set of WR's. So this must mean Bowe is going to the Jags.

Fili
10-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Don't think it's the Texans. We got young talent and too many receivers fighting for a spot.

thunderkyss
10-23-2012, 11:37 PM
It'd be nice if it were true. Won't happen though. No way the Texans shake up the team right now. If they had laid a stinker against Baltimore, then maybe we do something out of the ordinary. But not right now.

I'd love to sign Bowe in the offseason though. The guy would thrive in this system. It's not often you get to sign a franchise WR in free agency.

I doubt they started talks after the Baltimore game.

I was in denial until the Greenbay game about Andre's abilities. That game, if you ask me, was like not having Andre, but Andre was on the field.

Yeah, KDub had a great game Sunday & that probably could work, may have given us a little leverage, we're not as desperate, because we've still got the kids to work into the offense... they did get more playing time.

But if you are having to decide between Kevin Walter(s) or Dwayne Bowe... well, this ain't Maden or Fantasy, but I'd jump all over it. Heck, I'd trade the lot of Martin, Jean, & Posey for Bowe.

thunderkyss
10-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Whoa.... what???? Who is the old fart that's close to my age???? :smiliepalm:

You said Harrison, he been done gone. Pretty sure you meant Wayne.

Dutchrudder
10-23-2012, 11:49 PM
No way Jose.

djohn2oo8
10-23-2012, 11:54 PM
(Rob Parker voice) Noo way, Noooo hoooow.

ObsiWan
10-24-2012, 05:25 AM

While I get your point, it's not completely true. While Rick Smith is always chanting the "Build Thru the Draft" mantra, he'll pull the trigger when he needs a certain piece here or there. Those move usually happen during the off-season.

I would think, if he's gonna do a trade, it would be to upgrade the ILB spot. He's already spent more resources than usual on WR this year. Snagging Bowe would be admitting KW - or LeStar Jean - ain't enough and the KMart and Posey picks were fails.

GP
10-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Bowe wouldn't help anybody at this point in the season. We are at the half way point, he would have to come in and learn a brand new playbook. Not only that but he would then need to build chemistry with the QB and rest of the team.

I say the Titans, only Bud could be this dumb.

Titans would be my guess, as well.

Britt is a constant threat to get suspended, slowly coming back from the knee injury too.

Kendall Wright is not the big sensation they thought he was going to be on draft day. He's not total garbage, but he's not carrying that offense and neither is Britt. Only Nate Washington remains, and he's not exactly torching secondaries.

They need help at WR. They have the space and money to add Bowe.

That's IF the rumor of it being an AFC South team is true.

TexanExile
10-24-2012, 09:42 AM
How many beers has Dwayne Bowe's agent has bought for Sedano and his producers lately? If I were Bowe I'd be willing to buy a few rounds to get the heck out of there too. Bad team, no hope, re-rebuilding imminent.

LikeMike
10-24-2012, 10:06 AM
I am pretty sure it`s the Colts. They are aggressive, want to win as soon as possible and have an aging star at WR with Wayne who they need to replace in the next couple of years.

No way are we trading for him - character issues and the fact that the Texans don`t like to trade for stars aside, we are way up there at the salary cap. Even if we somehow managed to get him fit under for this season, we wouldnt be able to make him a good enough offer next season - at least not if we are not ready for any hurtful cuts. And rememer guys like Cushing, Barwin, Tate, Smith would like to be paid soon, and I guess we`ll want to keep some of them as well...

Maddict5
10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
the only chief i want to see us trade for is derrick johnson

stingray
10-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Colts already gave up their second round pick for vontae davis. I doubt that they would give up their first for bowe. Just saying.

noxiousdog
10-24-2012, 12:03 PM

Like Matt Schaub?

rolyat93
10-24-2012, 12:17 PM
It's gotta be the Colts.

gtexan02
10-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Colts already gave up their second round pick for vontae davis. I doubt that they would give up their first for bowe. Just saying.

Id give up a mid first rounder for Bowe in a heartbeat. Mid first rounders are not guarantees. Bowe is a proven probowler

stingray
10-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Id give up a mid first rounder for Bowe in a heartbeat. Mid first rounders are not guarantees. Bowe is a proven probowler

He's probably worth that. But you have to think that the colts know that scoring points for them right now is not really their problem. Stopping other teams from scoring is. Mathis and Freeny are always hurt. I don't think they can count on them in the future. So if they do trade their first rounder, they would go into the 2013 draft with no first or second rounder with huge holes to fill on a very bad defensive unit. It could happen but I just don't see it.

The Pencil Neck
10-24-2012, 01:25 PM
I have a hard time seeing any AFC South team trading for him.

If we could send a draft pick or two to the Chiefs and get him, I'd be all over that. This guy has been putting up 1000 yard seasons on a team that perennially ranks <20th in the league.

This would mean that Smithiak is very unhappy with our young receivers OR very worried about Andre's future. Getting Bowe would add a lot of productive years to the end of Andre's career. K-Mart has dropped a lot of balls -- Lestar hasn't been able to stay healthy -- Posey hasn't shown up, yet, except on ST. So it could happen.

But I don't know how well or how quickly we could get Bowe up to speed in this offense.

I just can't see us doing it.

htownfan32
10-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Not that B/R is worth anything, but...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1381249-building-an-nfl-trade-deadline-wish-list-for-the-houston-texans/page/2

Sidney Rice?

LikeMike
10-24-2012, 02:35 PM

Bowe costs abou 10 million... A first rounder about 1 million... In the NfL the worth of a player is determined as a combination of both, his contract and his value on the field. And I don't think the Texans are ready to take on such a huge contract for a WR... Heck, right now with the cap situation they are not ready to take on such a contract for anybody...

b0ng
10-24-2012, 03:00 PM

Texans first rounders have been pretty good for the last. . . 4 or 5 years? (Really Amobi Okoye is a wart on what is shaping up to be a great record in the first round)

badboy
10-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Bowe costs abou 10 million... A first rounder about 1 million... In the NfL the worth of a player is determined as a combination of both, his contract and his value on the field. And I don't think the Texans are ready to take on such a huge contract for a WR... Heck, right now with the cap situation they are not ready to take on such a contract for anybody...No Bowe wants $10m & with new cap no team is going to give him $10m. Look at contracts of Foster first year apprx $5m; Schaub's 2013 $7.25m and Duane Brown's apprx $2.5m base for 2013. It is all in the bonus upfront cash and guaranteed money.

We can work a deal for Bowe just like we will for Cushing. The guy is three years younger than AJ with same basic stats. You take a proven vet over three young guys that cannot find themselves on a football field so far.

ObsiWan
10-24-2012, 06:53 PM
I have a hard time seeing any AFC South team trading for him.

If we could send a draft pick or two to the Chiefs and get him, I'd be all over that. This guy has been putting up 1000 yard seasons on a team that perennially ranks <20th in the league.

This would mean that Smithiak is very unhappy with our young receivers OR very worried about Andre's future. Getting Bowe would add a lot of productive years to the end of Andre's career. K-Mart has dropped a lot of balls -- Lestar hasn't been able to stay healthy -- Posey hasn't shown up, yet, except on ST. So it could happen.

But I don't know how well or how quickly we could get Bowe up to speed in this offense.

I just can't see us doing it.

That's exactly what I said on the previous page...
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2044133&postcount=58

This just does not compute.
If we were going to trade for someone it would be either at the ILB spot or a stud RT. WR is not as much of a "need" at this point as those spots are, IMHO.

thunderkyss
10-24-2012, 07:49 PM
While I get your point, it's not completely true. While Rick Smith is always chanting the "Build Thru the Draft" mantra, he'll pull the trigger when he needs a certain piece here or there. Those move usually happen during the off-season.

I would think, if he's gonna do a trade, it would be to upgrade the ILB spot. He's already spent more resources than usual on WR this year. Snagging Bowe would be admitting KW - or LeStar Jean - ain't enough and the KMart and Posey picks were fails.

I think it would say they over estimated Andre's abilities more than anything about thekids

TdotTexas2Step
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Cap purposes aside, a player like Bowe would really help us out. For example, in some games, our run won't just be there, or a shootout is inevitable, or both?!

Dutchrudder
10-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Cap purposes aside, a player like Bowe would really help us out. For example, in some games, our run won't just be there, or a shootout is inevitable, or both?!

Sure, if you forget about the cap and the dozens of drops he has had over the years, he would be a welcomed addition. But the reality is that this year we are up against the cap and have no way to take on another 5 million in salary. It's slightly possible that we could go after him in free agency in lieu of re-signing Barwin, Quin, McCain and company, but given his resume and poor demeanor I doubt Kubiak would want him. If you guys think Martin, Jean and whoever drop a lot of passes, wait till you see Bowe every week.

If you want to talk about players for the Texans to target for trade, you really have look at guys who are on rookie or vet minimum deals. WRs like that are Victor Cruz, Ryan Broyles, Greg Little, Leonard Hankerson, etc etc. Prying one of those away from a team would be costly though, and we would need to make space on the roster within a crowded WR corps.

Broyles would be interesting because he's a possession WR and could be a first down machine, but the Lions spent a 2nd on him this year. Would likely take a at least a 2nd and 3rd next year to get him. The Lions aren't going anywhere this year, so maybe they would be interested in getting something for him. The Browns could easily be in the same boat, and they have a couple young WRs that may be worth looking at, especially if the new management is hungry for picks. Josh Gordon would be interesting, but expensive. May need to send out Barwin or Reed for him, as they need a pass rushing OLB.

b0ng
10-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Eh I don't know, I don't think Bowe is as bad as you make him out to be, I do know that Todd Haley was a certified insane person to work for and Bowe wasn't the first WR that Haley did not get along with (See Boldin, Anquan, Cardinals). Either way I doubt it's the Texans as well due to the cap situation but I wouldn't mind the move at all.

badboy
10-24-2012, 11:25 PM
That's exactly what I said on the previous page...
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2044133&postcount=58

This just does not compute.
If we were going to trade for someone it would be either at the ILB spot or a stud RT. WR is not as much of a "need" at this point as those spots are, IMHO.It may be that a quality WR is available but not an ILB or OT.

rolyat93
10-25-2012, 12:03 AM
It may be that a quality WR is available but not an ILB or OT.

Sean Lee and Jon Beason just went on IR so the Texans might have some competition for an ILB.

El Tejano
10-25-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm no cap expert so please excuse my ignorance. But I'm looking at us being in cap hell and having a first round pick that might be somewhere around pick 28-32 (praying it's #32) doesn't seem that attractive anymore. Some of our young talent is becoming talent, and for the most part we have a pretty solid depth.

Does giving up a first round pick improve our chances of getting Bowe? There are guys on the team like Jeff Maehl (just an example) that you could package with that too because they aren't seeing the field.

Specnatz
10-25-2012, 10:11 AM
For the capaologist around here, what cap relief, if any, is there when placing a player on IR.

pirbroke
10-25-2012, 10:22 AM
For the capaologist around here, what cap relief, if any, is there when placing a player on IR.

Good point, not sure but I would think Cushing's pay would not count against the cap for the rest of the year. If we just wanted to trade for a player for the rest of this year and then let him go then no harm done. Of course I would not give much for a one year rental but if it helps us to the super bowl then a mid round would work for me.

Dutchrudder
10-25-2012, 10:30 AM

Pretty much none. All guaranteed money and salary for the year count against the cap, any prorated signing bonuses also count against the cap. The only thing that may be affected are incentive bonuses that don't get earned for obvious reasons.

We lost Mario in Week 5 last year, and of course we didn't get 18 million dollars to play with. Too bad though, would be nice to have the room.

pirbroke
10-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Pretty much none. All guaranteed money and salary for the year count against the cap, any prorated signing bonuses also count against the cap. The only thing that may be affected are incentive bonuses that don't get earned for obvious reasons.

We lost Mario in Week 5 last year, and of course we didn't get 18 million dollars to play with. Too bad though, would be nice to have the room.

Man that blows, I thought if they have a chance of coming back then yes no releif, like PUP or something but when you lose them for the year and eliminate them from returning then you get releif, at least in my eyes that seems fair.

ObsiWan
10-25-2012, 10:41 AM
It may be that a quality WR is available but not an ILB or OT.

yeah... You may be right, that there are no reasonably-priced, studly ILBs or OTs on the open market right now. But I'd save up my picks just in case someone becomes available.

And Bowe would be getting starter's money... so do you guys seriously see him supplanting K.W. or A.J. as a starter?? Do you REALLY see that happening??

badboy
10-27-2012, 06:16 PM
yeah... You may be right, that there are no reasonably-priced, studly ILBs or OTs on the open market right now. But I'd save up my picks just in case someone becomes available.

And Bowe would be getting starter's money... so do you guys seriously see him supplanting K.W. or A.J. as a starter?? Do you REALLY see that happening??Bowe stats are equal to AJs so easily supplant Walter. He could supplant AJ when he retires or becomes a WR2. I think he would prolong Johnson's career as Bowe would take coverage from AJ more than anyone we have now.

Brandon420tx
10-27-2012, 08:14 PM
I think if we were trading for Bowe, we would have pulled the trigger by now. They'd want him learning the offense as soon as possible

The Pencil Neck
10-27-2012, 10:55 PM
I think if we were trading for Bowe, we would have pulled the trigger by now. They'd want him learning the offense as soon as possible

Yeah. Not gonna happen.

thunderkyss
10-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Bowe stats are equal to AJs so easily supplant Walter. He could supplant AJ when he retires or becomes a WR2. I think he would prolong Johnson's career as Bowe would take coverage from AJ more than anyone we have now.

Are we talking about career, or this season? Andre is having a down season.

I personally think Bowe is talented & could possibly replace AJ, but I wouldn't bet on it. I wouldn't mind having him, then we'll be hoping that Aj returns to form, Posey develops into a true 1b, or Bowe develops into a true 1b... I like them odds.

Norg
10-28-2012, 04:06 AM
i always thought he was a TE ... not a WR ....i doubt its us tho esp when we drafted 2 WR's last draft

Insideop
10-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Are we talking about career, or this season? Andre is having a down season.

I personally think Bowe is talented & could possibly replace AJ, but I wouldn't bet on it. I wouldn't mind having him, then we'll be hoping that Aj returns to form, Posey develops into a true 1b, or Bowe develops into a true 1b... I like them odds.

Nobody replaces AJ! NOBODY! :fingergun: