PDA

View Full Version : Ben Tate

Marcus
10-22-2012, 06:25 PM
I understand he suffered a hamstring injury on the play that injured Ed Reed. Does anyone know bad it is? Anything torn?

SmoochyTX
10-22-2012, 06:28 PM
I understand he suffered a hamstring injury on the play that injured Ed Reed. Does anyone know bad it is? Anything torn?

I'm wondering about this as well. Last night I read something saying he'd be evaluated today but I haven't read anything further or heard anything today.

CloakNNNdagger
10-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm wondering about this as well. Last night I read something saying he'd be evaluated today but I haven't read anything further or heard anything today.

No real reference to severity per se. Can't really make much of Kubiak's statement.

The Texans have an upcoming bye, but this explains why Justin Forsett received six late-game carries. Tate wasn't on the field in garbage time. Kubiak is optimistic Tate's hamstring will heal during the open date. The Texans will emerge from Week 8 to face the Bills' horrendous defense in Week 9. Oct.
21 - 6:07 pm et
Source: Tania Ganguli on Twitter

PandapuffTexan
10-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Its probably nothing severe, was kubiaks plan to bring out back ups and third stringers to suck any last hope out of the ravens..

CloakNNNdagger
10-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Kubiak said just awhile ago that if we were playing a game this week, Tate would definitely NOT be playing.......will re-evaluate next week.

PandapuffTexan
10-23-2012, 08:38 PM
sounds serious but dont think we would need tate to beat buffalo.. he should get plenty of rest

Texan_Bill
10-23-2012, 08:58 PM
I just got a paper cut at work. I'm lettin' my bosses know that I'm out for 3 to 5 days.... Business days that is... :kitten:

All joking aside, I certainly hope Ben is okay and can rebound with a little rest this week.

CloakNNNdagger
10-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Kubiak is calling Tate's hamsting pull "slight.":kitten:

Marcus
10-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Kubiak is calling Tate's hamsting pull "slight.":kitten:

Oh crap! That means he's probably done for the year.;)

badboy
10-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Trade value dropping?

silvrhand
10-24-2012, 09:13 PM
If you watched the play it was both of them got tangled up and ed reed fell oddly on the back of his legs/feet.

CloakNNNdagger
10-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Kubiak says Tate will not be practicing the next couple of day.......not looking good for Sunday.

TheIronDuke
10-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Geez, Ben Tate can't stay on the field to save his life. Wish we coulda kept Grimes, damn you Holliday!

silvrhand
10-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Geez, Ben Tate can't stay on the field to save his life. Wish we coulda kept Grimes, damn you Holliday!

No different than we had a couple years ago, keeping a health RB is a difficult task in the NFL these days.

Dutchrudder
10-29-2012, 02:06 PM
So when will he tweet the MRI of his hammy? Some of us fantasy owners would like to know!

Thorn
10-29-2012, 02:19 PM
OK, here pretty soon we are gonna have to label Tate as injury prone. He's spent more time injured than actually playing since we drafted him.

Marcus
10-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Who is "we"?

CloakNNNdagger
10-30-2012, 08:30 PM
If Tate isn't ready to go for an extended period, here's something to think about

Jets have waived Jonathan Grimes

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/10/jets_waive_rb_jonathan_grimes.html

GP
10-30-2012, 09:06 PM
If Tate isn't ready to go for an extended period, here's something to think about

Jets have waived Jonathan Grimes

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/10/jets_waive_rb_jonathan_grimes.html

Kubiak would be legally insane to not pick Grimes back up.

I know a lot of you think the position would be log-jammed, but I don't care. If we lost Foster or Tate, we'd be screwed in terms of depth. I had Forsett and Grimes as basically the same guy in preseason, so it's not like we'd be trying to see if Grimes can hack it. He can. Now he's available. Go get him, and waive a guy like Alan Ball who will be available any day of the week on the street if needed...Grimes played special teams in the preseason, and he's more valuable than Ball if Tate's injury lingers.

rmartin65
10-30-2012, 09:09 PM
I have not been following the Jets this year, but aren't the Jets RB needy? Wasn't there some buzz about them using Tebow as a RB? Why would they cut him then?

Big Valley
10-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Kubiak would be legally insane to not pick Grimes back up.

I know a lot of you think the position would be log-jammed, but I don't care. If we lost Foster or Tate, we'd be screwed in terms of depth. I had Forsett and Grimes as basically the same guy in preseason, so it's not like we'd be trying to see if Grimes can hack it. He can. Now he's available. Go get him, and waive a guy like Alan Ball who will be available any day of the week on the street if needed...Grimes played special teams in the preseason, and he's more valuable than Ball if Tate's injury lingers.

I totally agree--go get him. Aside from losing Cush for the season, it sickened me to lose Grimes to the Jets. We need depth at RB.

...And move Forsett to KR/PR.

Texan_Bill
10-30-2012, 09:24 PM
A) DAYUM - Ben Tate was a great change-up from Arian
B) DAYUM - Losing Grimes HURT
C) DAYUM - Having Justin Forsett as a back-up doesn't suck either!
D) All that said, if Tate is done and having Forsett as a third, errr as a second..., it would've been really nice to have Grimes on the Practice Squad...... DAMN Those dysfunctional Jets!!! EFFERS!!!!!!

silentassassin
10-30-2012, 09:51 PM
A) DAYUM - Ben Tate was a great change-up from Arian
B) DAYUM - Losing Grimes HURT
C) DAYUM - Having Justin Forsett as a back-up doesn't suck either!
D) All that said, if Tate is done and having Forsett as a third, errr as a second..., it would've been really nice to have Grimes on the Practice Squad...... DAMN Those dysfunctional Jets!!! EFFERS!!!!!!

I think Grimes was let go today, so he's currently available. Although I'm not exactly clear on how the rules work. Surely he can find his way back onto our practice squad?

CloakNNNdagger
10-30-2012, 09:55 PM
I have not been following the Jets this year, but aren't the Jets RB needy? Wasn't there some buzz about them using Tebow as a RB? Why would they cut him then?

Grimes was evidently a plugin. Their favorite RB Powell and another of their RBs are coming back to action this week. Their RB are as much of the problem as their OL.

ChampionTexan
10-31-2012, 02:12 AM
I think Grimes was let go today, so he's currently available. Although I'm not exactly clear on how the rules work. Surely he can find his way back onto our practice squad?

If he's claimed on waivers, he has no choice but to go to the team that claims him. If he's not claimed, any team can add him to their practice squad. Rumor is the Jets want him on theirs. If both the Texans and Jets make him PS offers (or any other NFL team for that matter), it's 100% his call where he goes.

pec0sb0b
10-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Kubiak is not happy with Tate's inability to stay on the field...

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/10/no-rest-for-injured-tate-during-bye-week/

My biggest level of concern with Tate is just keeping him on the field, coach Gary Kubiak said. It seems like its been one thing after another. If its not the toe, the hamstring. This has been going on for a few years. We need him.

Im not going to do anything different right now, but now youre going from three-deep to two-deep, so its a concern as we move forward, Kubiak said. How much time Ben misses to sit here and have two active running backs on your team with a nine-week stretch coming up here, its something we have to really take a hard look at. Weve got a young man on our practice squad in (RB Davin) Meggett that we like. There may be a decision to make there at some point.

The Pencil Neck
10-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Add RB to the mocks and expect Tate to be moved.

badboy
10-31-2012, 04:31 PM
and his trade value continues to drop....

mokalus
10-31-2012, 05:43 PM
We just claimed Grimes off waivers and released Mister Alexander. It's tough seeing Alexander go, especially from a ST perspective, but I'm optimistically hoping that this means Darryl Sharpton is close to 100%.

badboy
10-31-2012, 05:43 PM
We just claimed Grimes off waivers and released Mister Alexander. It's tough seeing Alexander go, especially from a ST perspective, but I'm optimistically hoping that this means Darryl Sharpton is close to 100%.Both are good moves.

NitroGSXR
10-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Kubiak is not happy with Tate's inability to stay on the field...

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/10/no-rest-for-injured-tate-during-bye-week/

One thing after another?!?! Wow... those are some harsh words coming from Kubiak. I'm frustrated too but Ben Tate is a punishing runner. It's not like he's coming up lame. One thing after another? Man... I would have reworded that a bit better as he earned every punishing yard he gave us. We sent him to the front lines with a difficult job that dishes out a bit more consequences.

CloakNNNdagger
10-31-2012, 06:57 PM
I also think that Kubiak could have been more subtle. I never heard those words for Mario, who if anyone deserved them, it was him.

From today:

Running back Ben Tate, whos nursing a sore hamstring, didnt even attend practice Wednesday, so it appears likely that Justin Forsett will be Arian Fosters backup when the Texans return to the field against the Bills Sunday.

Its day-to-day with Ben, head coach Gary Kubiak said. But we kept him inside today to do his rehab. If I had to guess hell be there (Thursday), which is our big work day, Id say no.link (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/10/ben-tate-shaun-cody-miss-practice/)

GP
10-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Geez, Gary, what the **** dude? Seriously?

Gary's losing his marbles. You've got a salad eating Foster going to the turf on first contact at the LOS and you call out Tate who freaking grinds out the hard yards on a consistent basis?

Screw THAT guy. Tate should go elsewhere and not deal with Grumpy McDoofus who (a) lucked into Foster and (b) waived Grimes and now has to add him back. Gary, you also cut Hartmann in favor if Maynard and had to eat your decision within a week of it.

That's some major bull**** from Kubiak. Tate does t deserve that crap. That pisses me smooth off.

GP
10-31-2012, 07:17 PM
One thing after another?!?! Wow... those are some harsh words coming from Kubiak. I'm frustrated too but Ben Tate is a punishing runner. It's not like he's coming up lame. One thing after another? Man... I would have reworded that a bit better as he earned every punishing yard he gave us. We sent him to the front lines with a difficult job that dishes out a bit more consequences.

Amen to that!

I guess Tate isn't putting up with Gary's ways and there might be a rift there.

Thorn
10-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Well, hell. We all know the potential of Tate, but he's in his 3rd year now and we've gotten one good year so far out of him.

I know I want him on the field, because him and Foster are the NFL's best one-two punch. But we just haven't seen much of him this year, and what we've seen wasn't a lot.

GP
10-31-2012, 07:32 PM
All I can figure is that there are grumblings or indications by Tate or his agent that Tate isn't wanting to be a RBBC guy anymore.

Kubiak doesn't just publicly bawl a guy out in the media like this...so there's gotta be more than meets the eye. Kubiak is supposedly overly loyal, to a fault, and that always cuts a guy deep when he feels a player or coach isn't being loyal back to him.

I cannot fathom Kubiak speaking like this unless there's some issues where he thinks he's not getting a player's best. But still, that's uncharacteristic of Gary...he does that stuff in camp, I don't recall him busting chops like that in reg season. Anybody?

BullBlitz
10-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Forsett and Grimes are interchangeable 2nd stringers. If Tate can't play, we have to use Foster more sparingly.

If we get a big lead on Buffalo, Kubiak needs to have the sense to pull Foster and give the carries to one of these other two RBs, at least until they prove themselves ineffective.

infantrycak
10-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Geez, Gary, what the **** dude? Seriously?

Gary's losing his marbles. You've got a salad eating Foster going to the turf on first contact at the LOS and you call out Tate who freaking grinds out the hard yards on a consistent basis?

Screw THAT guy. Tate should go elsewhere and not deal with Grumpy McDoofus who (a) lucked into Foster and (b) waived Grimes and now has to add him back. Gary, you also cut Hartmann in favor if Maynard and had to eat your decision within a week of it.

That's some major bull**** from Kubiak. Tate does t deserve that crap. That pisses me smooth off.

Or causes you to overreact to the bat**** crazy level. The OL has obviously been in transition this season. Saying Tate grinds out the hard yards in comparison to Foster is laughable. Foster is in unless relieved and has faced far more short yardage defense packages. Maybe we should bench both of them since Forsett averages a full yard more.

Now go eat your steak and see if it helps you be an NFL RB more than what Foster has chosen. One of you was leading the NFL in yards and TD's through 7 games. The other was wiping Doritos on the couch.

ObsiWan
11-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Well, hell. We all know the potential of Tate, but he's in his 3rd year now and we've gotten one good year so far out of him.

I know I want him on the field, because him and Foster are the NFL's best one-two punch. But we just haven't seen much of him this year, and what we've seen wasn't a lot.

I'm with you Thorn. Tate has been "nicked" or flat out hurt more than he's played in the three years he's been here. When he's been 100% he's been good. But how often has that been. First the toe thing now this hammy.... And Doc's told us how finicky hammy's can be. This hammy thing could drag on all year. Best to sit him for a week or two more and try to let it heal up properly. I'd like to have him back to 100% for late in the season.

....oh and isn't it interesting that the "salad-eating guy" is the durable one compared to the steak-eating guy...?
:D

The Pencil Neck
11-01-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm with you Thorn. Tate has been "nicked" or flat out hurt more than he's played in the three years he's been here. When he's been 100% he's been good. But how often has that been. First the toe thing now this hammy.... And Doc's told us how finicky hammy's can be. This hammy thing could drag on all year. Best to sit him for a week or two more and try to let it heal up properly. I'd like to have him back to 100% for late in the season.

....oh and isn't it interesting that the "salad-eating guy" is the durable one compared to the steak-eating guy...?
:D

Don't forget the broken ankle that cost him his rookie year.

ObsiWan
11-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Don't forget the broken ankle that cost him his rookie year.

Oh I haven't. I remember he was nicked up (hammy issues back then too) in T/C last year. there were folks talking about trading Foster to keep Tate - "no sense paying two starting-caliber RBs" - riiiight...

LondonTex
11-02-2012, 02:39 PM
So Tate is definetley out. Forsett and Grimes backing up Foster.

k2djspike
11-02-2012, 02:41 PM
So Tate is definetley out. Forsett and Grimes backing up Foster.

I thought Grimes was picked up by the Jets?

Thorn
11-02-2012, 02:44 PM
I thought Grimes was picked up by the Jets?

he was. But we traded 3 first round draft choices to get him back. :kingkong:

CloakNNNdagger
11-02-2012, 04:10 PM
he was. But we traded 3 first round draft choices to get him back. :kingkong:

The truth will set you free!.

badboy
11-02-2012, 05:27 PM
I thought Grimes was picked up by the Jets?He was cut again as regular RBs were coming back & Texans pick him up again. He is on roster not practice squad.

k2djspike
11-02-2012, 05:33 PM
He was cut again as regular RBs were coming back & Texans pick him up again. He is on roster not practice squad.

Thanks! I was confused for a second :)

badboy
11-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks! I was confused for a second :)
It is easy to not catch everything especially with less significant players such as Grimes. You just about have to read every post to keep up. Of course, that means giving up any social life but hey...

GP
11-02-2012, 10:54 PM
It is easy to not catch everything especially with less significant players such as Grimes. You just about have to read every post to keep up. Of course, that means giving up any social life but hey...

Ah yes....social life. Such a long, long time ago.

I remember him. he was a good lad.

Thorn
11-02-2012, 11:05 PM

What is this "social life" thing you speak of? It sounds vaguely familiar, as if I might have known about it some time ago.

Marcus
11-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Link (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/11/sharpton-to-return-to-practice/)

Tate making slow progress

Running back Ben Tate missed the Buffalo game because of a pulled hamstring. Coach Gary Kubiak didnt sound optimistic about Tates return for the Chicago game.

For me to say yes, hes going to be there I think is a little bit of a stretch right now, Kubiak said. Im hoping Wednesday or Thursday hes back on the field doing some stuff, at least with the trainers, and well see. But (hes) not as far along as we had expected.

Something definitely going on behind the scenes. I'm sensing that Tate has copped an attitude, and Kubes has picked up on it. Not good. Not good at all.

Thorn
11-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Link (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/11/sharpton-to-return-to-practice/)

Something definitely going on behind the scenes. I'm sensing that Tate has copped an attitude, and Kubes has picked up on it. Not good. Not good at all.

As fans, I'm sure we don't really know what's going on. But, one thing is for sure, he has been an injury bust as a player so far. I want him back to last seasons form, but so far this year he's done nothing. If he continues this, then all I can is is two out of three years here he's done nothing. That pretty much looks like a bust to me.

11-06-2012, 09:23 AM

... or maybe tate's hamstring isn't game ready yet? i'm not quite sure where you're getting the other stuff.

TheIronDuke
11-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Watching his trade value plummet by the week.

ChampionTexan
11-06-2012, 11:23 AM

GP would approve of this post.

Dutchrudder
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Watching his trade value plummet by the week.

Coulda had an early 2nd for him last offseason :(

I don't think he would fetch a third at this point.

silvrhand
11-06-2012, 11:30 AM
... or maybe tate's hamstring isn't game ready yet? i'm not quite sure where you're getting the other stuff.

or it's not really a hamstring pull but something else, the way both him and Ed Reed fell on each other was definitely odd. It's not like teams are really transparent on what they consider injuries.

GP
11-06-2012, 12:19 PM

http://fivebeforechaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/TinFoilHatArea.jpg

Marcus
11-06-2012, 12:27 PM

Oh sh!t. :thud:

I absolutely and categorically retract my earlier statement.

Searching for buttplug now!

ObsiWan
11-06-2012, 02:42 PM
What is this "social life" thing you speak of? It sounds vaguely familiar, as if I might have known about it some time ago.

lest ye forget...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3NB96a2gM5eAmbpwIzUdEabhp4wGrV YVLJf95RJLpzBUtsGcVsw

GP
11-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Oh sh!t. :thud:

I absolutely and categorically retract my earlier statement.

Searching for buttplug now!

That last sentence in blue...

http://rjw57.github.com/notes/_images/montoya.jpg

TheIronDuke
11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Any updates on him? Heard he might have strained his fallopian tubes or something like that.

ItsMyFault
11-07-2012, 12:43 PM
He better be back this week.

ChampionTexan
11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
He better be back this week.

Or what? ('cause I think there's a real question about if he will be)

TheIronDuke
11-07-2012, 12:50 PM

Or he's a YELLABELLY!

ChampionTexan
11-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Or he's a YELLABELLY!

I'm just curious, why do you assume that he's somehow soft or overstating his injury?

I'm not saying his lack of availability isn't a concern - attendance is definitely a big part of being a good NFL player, and he definitely has a spotty (at best) record in that regard, but it's entirely possible to miss an unacceptable level of games with injuries that are completely legitimate. What makes you (appear to be) so certain that isn't the case with Tate?

TheIronDuke
11-07-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm just curious, why do you assume that he's somehow soft or overstating his injury?

I'm not saying his lack of availability isn't a concern - attendance is definitely a big part of being a good NFL player, and he definitely has a spotty (at best) record in that regard, but it's entirely possible to miss an unacceptable level of games with injuries that are completely legitimate. What makes you (appear to be) so certain that isn't the case with Tate?

Just from listening to Kubes it sounds like even he's questioning the seriousness of the injuries, but that's completely my opinion of it. For some reason I also never really liked Ben Tate anyway so I'm probably just too hard on him.

ItsMyFault
11-07-2012, 03:37 PM

Or I'll be sad.

Guy just needs to hurry up and get healthy. Seen him off the field way too much.

MEGA SWATT
11-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Has anyone heard the latest on Tate's hamstring?

We need this guy back yesterday.

ChampionTexan
11-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Has anyone heard the latest on Tate's hamstring?

We need this guy back yesterday.

From HT.com
Running back Ben Tate (hamstring) and rookie wide receiver DeVier Posey (knee/hamstring) also worked with trainers on Monday. They are expected to practice at full-speed on Wednesday.

Kubiak said Tate will probably have to start out on special teams when he returns, in part because Justin Forsett has played so well as the backup to Arian Foster. Tate has been out since Week 7 but said he views himself as having a “100 percent” chance of playing against the Titans.
LINK (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Johnathan-Joseph-day-to-day-Shaun-Cody-set-to-return/05aeff5c-654c-4a76-b2fe-63a29da280b3)

Texans_Chick
11-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Kubiak tries to give nothing to nobody. Tries to make them earn it. Make players play hard through stuff.

Day 1 with Kubiak, he make the point that he doesn't care how you came to the team, how you are drafted, that if you can perform well, practice well, you can play.

Hamstrings are very tricky because they aren't injuries you can gut through, nor are they easily preventable. The number one risk factor for hamstring injuries is being fast.

But hopefully, the best case scenario is Tate working hard, getting back, kicking ass. Being hungry. Competing.

GP
11-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Gary doing the equivalent of sending Ben Tate a fish wrapped in a flak jacket.

http://www.sicilianculture.com/godfather/fishes.jpg

I don't see Kubiak making the same hardcore comments about other guys who have had hammie issues before. Foster, JJo being the prime examples. Tate got blasted pretty hard by Kubiak, whereas I never recalled him making public statements that bordered on "calling a guy out" like he has with Tate.

Meh. Whoever gets the job done is all I care about. Whether it's Tate or Forsett or even Grimes makes me no difference. There just seems to have always been a bit of a lesser personal relationship between Kubiak and Tate, from things that have happened thus far.

GP
11-27-2012, 03:06 PM
There was a time, I think it was Tate's second year here...where Tate had gone to Kubiak's office either early in preseason or maybe even camp...and Tate (by his own words, and I don't even know where to start looking for the actual article on it) but Tate tells Kubiak he had sorted some stuff out and was 100% dedicated to being a better RB.

I remember it, just not sure where it was at.

Is Kubiak a guy who always has a Judas in the room, that one guy that the other players see and think "Whew! Glad I'm not THAT guy." It's a tactic some leader employ, to keep everyone else in line. Nobody wants to be Judas.

Granted, I know neither of those two guys...but why would Kubiak be so hard on him? Hamstrings are hard to recover from, you can't do anything BUT stay off it and when you come back you have to do it slowly or you'll be right back where you were. Maybe Tate isn't doing the prescribed preventative things he can do to avoid the hammie issues? Proper stretches, more time with the trainers, etc.

Foster was benched less than a half in the Raiders game, for attitude problems. Jacoby missed a game in Jacksonville for being late to team meetings too many times, but yet he was right back into the starting lineup the very next game. Tate has a hammie and he doesn't get RB2 back when he comes back???? Sorry, where there's smoke there's fire.

Whereas Kubiak could punish Foster and Tate because their transgressions were committed NOT with an accompanying injury, he can't very well punish Tate (who might have underlying issues we don;t know about) except for saying that Forsett has been running so well that it precludes Kubiak to keep Forsett at RB2 for now. An indirect punishment, IMO.

MEGA SWATT
11-27-2012, 03:20 PM
awesome, thanks^^

I like his power running- he is a bruiser and I want him back and in rhythm for the playoffs.

badboy
11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Stats are not everything but hard to ignore Justin Forsett's:

http://www.nfl.com/player/justinforsett/927/profile

10 @CHI W 13-6 4 27 6.8 25 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

11 JAC W 43-37 7 59 8.4 30 0 1 6 6.0 6 0 -- --

12 @DET W 34-31 5 87 17.4 81T 1 0

TheIronDuke
11-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Forsett has the "longest run" in Texans history too! :shades:

Marcus
11-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Kubiak said Tate will probably have to start out on special teams when he returns, in part because Justin Forsett has played so well as the backup to Arian Foster. Tate has been out since Week 7 but said he views himself as having a “100 percent” chance of playing against the Titans.

“Those guys that worked with the trainers probably worked harder than the guys that practiced,” Kubiak said. “The thing for me is I want to see Ben work with them, work hard, come out of it the next day and say, ‘I feel good and I’m ready to go.’ That hasn’t taken place up until this point, but I’m expecting that to take place tomorrow and he’s back on the field Wednesday.”

In part?

thunderkyss
11-27-2012, 07:12 PM
I don't see Kubiak making the same hardcore comments about other guys who have had hammie issues before. Foster, JJo being the prime examples. Tate got blasted pretty hard by Kubiak, whereas I never recalled him making public statements that bordered on "calling a guy out" like he has with Tate.

Meh. Whoever gets the job done is all I care about. Whether it's Tate or Forsett or even Grimes makes me no difference. There just seems to have always been a bit of a lesser personal relationship between Kubiak and Tate, from things that have happened thus far.

Now that you mention it, that is kinda odd. When Foster had his hammy issue & Tate filled in quite well, Gary didn't put Foster on special teams. He gave Foster his job right off the bat.

Dobbins played well, but Sharpton got his job back. Dressen played well, OD got his job back. Tj played well, you don't see Schaub on special teams.

Interesting.

drs23
11-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Now that you mention it, that is kinda odd. When Foster had his hammy issue & Tate filled in quite well, Gary didn't put Foster on special teams. He gave Foster his job right off the bat.

Dobbins played well, but Sharpton got his job back. Dressen played well, OD got his job back. Tj played well, you don't see Schaub on special teams.

Interesting.

Interesting. Indeed. Tate's had to do something or give Kubes a reason to get the Stank Eye. He's most certainly in Kubes dog house. Looks like he's a curb candidate to me.

DocBar
11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
From the comments Kubiak has made, it seems like he thinks Tate is maybe dogging it a little with this hammie injury.

I agree that it is a bit out of character for Kubiak and that maybe there are some underlying circumstances.

76Texan
11-27-2012, 08:02 PM
From the comments Kubiak has made, it seems like he thinks Tate is maybe dogging it a little with this hammie injury.

I agree that it is a bit out of character for Kubiak and that maybe there are some underlying circumstances.

I'm not so sure about that DocBar.
Don't you think he knows he needs to work for his next paycheck?

It's not like the Texans have a culture of prima-Dona around here.

CloakNNNdagger
11-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Turn the page back then to Sept 2011.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Kubiak-hints-at-Tate-starting-over-Foster.html

76Texan
11-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Turn the page back then to Sept 2011.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Kubiak-hints-at-Tate-starting-over-Foster.html

Somehow that link freezes for me, Doc.

ajohnson80
11-28-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm sorry but Kubiak needs to swallow his pride and get this guy on the field. If Kubiak doesn't want him on the team I don't think now is the time to show his cards. He is the perfect compliment to Arian, and we are going to need him come playoff time. Simply put he makes the team better because he brings an element we just don't have without him.

Perhaps Tate responds better to this type of motivation. Oh, I lost my job now I have to go show them why it was my job in the first place.

thunderkyss
11-28-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm sorry but Kubiak needs to swallow his pride and get this guy on the field. If Kubiak doesn't want him on the team I don't think now is the time to show his cards. He is the perfect compliment to Arian, and we are going to need him come playoff time. Simply put he makes the team better because he brings an element we just don't have without him.

Perhaps Tate responds better to this type of motivation. Oh, I lost my job now I have to go show them why it was my job in the first place.

If there is an issue, I'm sure it's more because of "acting like a pro" Kubiak is big on that & I don't fault him. That may mean being on time to meetings, treatment, therapy, or whatever. All the behind the scenes things that can help a pro have a long productive career.

I agree Ben Tate brings something neither Foster or Forsett do. A punishing style that wears a defense down. But Forsett is productive and we are 10-1. If this means a better Ben Tate in the future, I'm all for it.

GP
11-28-2012, 09:26 AM
The other thing is this: If Tate is well enough to play Special Teams, he's well enough to get back the RB job.

If he can fly down the field at break-neck speed, on Special Teams, he can be the RB2 again.

So, yeah, this is a demotion. No matter how much a person wants to say that this is just Kubiak making people earn things...making them hungry...this is unusual.

DocBar
11-28-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm not so sure about that DocBar.
Don't you think he knows he needs to work for his next paycheck?

It's not like the Texans have a culture of prima-Dona around here.I was speaking more of what Kubiak might think than what Tate might actually be doing.

As others have mentioned, hamstring injuries are tricky and Tate might not be willing to go until he is 100% over it. I don;t have a problem with that but Kubiak might. What good does it do for Tate to come out early and reinjure his hamstring? See AJ circa 2011.

76Texan
11-28-2012, 12:20 PM
I was speaking more of what Kubiak might think than what Tate might actually be doing.

As others have mentioned, hamstring injuries are tricky and Tate might not be willing to go until he is 100% over it. I don;t have a problem with that but Kubiak might. What good does it do for Tate to come out early and reinjure his hamstring? See AJ circa 2011.

Yeah, I think it makes more sense that Tate may have "somewhat of a me-first" problem. When he was healthy, he might have wanted some more playing times, but the coaches want him to do everything in a way that would serve the team as a whole first. Being attentive in meetings, being prompt, working hard in practices, doing what needed to be done in the off-season, things like that. Then be patient and wait for your chance, and keep waiting however long it might be.

thunderkyss
11-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I think it makes more sense that Tate may have "somewhat of a me-first" problem. When he was healthy, he might have wanted some more playing times, but the coaches want him to do everything in a way that would serve the team as a whole first. Being attentive in meetings, being prompt, working hard in practices, doing what needed to be done in the off-season, things like that. Then be patient and wait for your chance, and keep waiting however long it might be.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder how long Tate will have to wait. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but we do know this "treatment" of Tate has been going on a long time.

While I understand that Arian is the starter, I think Tate has earned more snaps than what he is getting. We all talk about over using Foster, you'd think the carries would be more even throughout the game rather than the "every third series" touches he's getting.

I can understand feeding Arian the ball at the end of games, but throughout the game, Tate has proven to be pretty affective toting the rock & in pass protection.

GP
11-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Maybe this is a way of building up his trade value?

HC creates a situation where other teams see a rift, Tate doesn't have major issues (no blown knee, no broken/mending bones, etc.), so even though Tate is not getting a lot of snaps......the HC is basically selling Tate to other teams in an unofficial capacity.

Frankly I don't think that's the case. (A) It gives the impression that the Texans would sink to that level of salesmanship, (B) Even though Forsett is running really well for us lately, Kubiak and Co. know they need every single GOOD running back they've got under contract.

It makes zero sense for Kubiak to say the things he says in the media if he's not being vocal in a way that he thinks makes a bigger impact than personal one-on-one sit-downs with Tate that might not be taking root like Kubiak wants.

Kubiak may be many things, but he has proven to be a class act when it comes to taking the blame upon himself and deflecting criticisms of ALL of his players no matter what worth those players have to him at the time being. So for him to have taken this issue to the media, he was just either unguarded and displayed frustration with an uncontrollable situation OR he's sending a message to Tate that the status quo is not cutting it anymore.

Either way, it spotlights Tate for sure. At least in the eyes of Texans fans.

GP
11-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Furthermore, why doesn't any of the Houston sports media personalities try and ask him more about that Tate situation?????

I guess nobody wants to have their press credentials or access limited or cut completely? Prolly so. Rick and Gary don't give up any negative information very easily to reporters. P.R. 101.

ObsiWan
11-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Forsett has the "longest run" in Texans history too! :shades:

But isn't there an asterisk by that one?
:spin:

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Somehow that link freezes for me, Doc.

It seems to work fine for me.

Try to hit "QUOTE" then copy and paste the link into the address bar and see if it works for you.

76Texan
11-28-2012, 01:42 PM
It seems to work fine for me.

Try to hit "QUOTE" then copy and paste the link into the address bar and see if it works for you.

Still not working for me Doc.
I tried both my IPhone and my desktop yesterday.
I only tried the IPhone today, maybe the desktop will work later.
What's it about anyway?
Can you just summarize it?

Hervoyel
11-28-2012, 01:45 PM
I believe that the Texans are making sure that Tate is 100% before bringing him back. He's going to hit the stretch run of the season with fresh legs and no bumps and bruises. We'll be spelling Foster with a guy who's completely ready to go by playoff time.

Neither the Texans nor Ben Tate believe (I think) that he'll be on the team next year. He's going to be traded for something because if he isn't then he'll take someone's money the year after to start. When Ben Tate comes back this year he's got two purposes. Run for the Texans and for all intents and purposes run for a new contract. Not here but with whatever team makes the Texans an offer they think is fair.

76Texan
11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Maybe this is a way of building up his trade value?

HC creates a situation where other teams see a rift, Tate doesn't have major issues (no blown knee, no broken/mending bones, etc.), so even though Tate is not getting a lot of snaps......the HC is basically selling Tate to other teams in an unofficial capacity.

Frankly I don't think that's the case. (A) It gives the impression that the Texans would sink to that level of salesmanship, (B) Even though Forsett is running really well for us lately, Kubiak and Co. know they need every single GOOD running back they've got under contract.

It makes zero sense for Kubiak to say the things he says in the media if he's not being vocal in a way that he thinks makes a bigger impact than personal one-on-one sit-downs with Tate that might not be taking root like Kubiak wants.

Kubiak may be many things, but he has proven to be a class act when it comes to taking the blame upon himself and deflecting criticisms of ALL of his players no matter what worth those players have to him at the time being. So for him to have taken this issue to the media, he was just either unguarded and displayed frustration with an uncontrollable situation OR he's sending a message to Tate that the status quo is not cutting it anymore.

Either way, it spotlights Tate for sure. At least in the eyes of Texans fans.s

It seems to me like Kubiak and Rick smith have been doing a good job of treating the players. Guys like Holliday, Jacoby, Molden, etc must have gotten good reference to find employment elsewhere.
I read quite a few books and articles; there are different circles out there in the coaching and GM rank; they work just like the normal corporate world (more or less).

thunderkyss
11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Neither the Texans nor Ben Tate believe (I think) that he'll be on the team next year. He's going to be traded for something because if he isn't then he'll take someone's money the year after to start. When Ben Tate comes back this year he's got two purposes. Run for the Texans and for all intents and purposes run for a new contract. Not here but with whatever team makes the Texans an offer they think is fair.

He better knock the ball out of the park then. I think he's missed too much time. He missed his entire rookie season. Substantial parts of this season.... & running backs have a short life span.

I don't see anyone breaking the bank for him unless he comes back in 2013 have a great season, then gets to FA.

Thorn
11-28-2012, 02:02 PM
conspiracy theory: he's been out all year for the purpose of having a fresh back for the playoffs.

:toropalm:

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Still not working for me Doc.
I tried both my IPhone and my desktop yesterday.
I only tried the IPhone today, maybe the desktop will work later.
What's it about anyway?
Can you just summarize it?

Kubiak hints at Tate starting over Foster

by Terry McCormick
September 15, 02011

Houston Texans coach Gary Kubiak said he believes in rewarding performance, and it sure sounds as if he is about to reward Ben Tate with another start Sunday in Miami in place reigning NFL rushing champion Arian Foster.

Of course, that news comes much to the chagrin of fantasy owners around the nation who made Foster their first pick in their respective drafts, even as he nursed a hamstring injury that cost him the opener last Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.

Foster was back on the practice field for the Texans on Wednesday, and could be in line to play this weekend against Miami. But it sounds as if Tate, who rushed for 116 yards in his debut last week, might get the starting nod.

This league is a league of opportunity," Kubiak told Dolphins beat writers in a conference call Wednesday. "Theres a lot of good people backing up or running third and all of a sudden guys get hurt. Some of them go in and take advantage of their opportunities, and some of them dont. I say it to our team all the team: If you get an opportunity and go out and do it, Im going to leave you out there.

HOU-TEX
11-28-2012, 02:18 PM
IMO, if Tate leaves or is traded he'll be similar to that of Knowshon Moreno. He'll be counted on to be the team's bell cow, but end up hurt all the time. I like him where he is now. A part timer that is also a threat to defenses.

76Texan
11-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Kubiak hints at Tate starting over Foster

Not any different than my thoughts then.
About opportunities.

And even then, you have to take the daily grind.
Having a few good performances on game day is not enough to be a real pro.

Watch AJ for example. It's all about consistency, and by that I mean every day in practice, too.

There are guys that stick seems like forever like Nading; and what about that "white" dude who was with us a few years ago, a D lineman past his prime that Kubiak couldn't rave about enough how well he had been able to take of his body and his mindset come every camp?

GP
11-28-2012, 02:54 PM
IIRC, CND, Foster was really gimpy the first 3 or 4 weeks of last season. Which included the Dolphins game during Week 2. I remember it because I had drafted Tate in a FFL because of Foster's hammy issues he had suffered off and on throughout camp and even the preseason games that led up to the 2011 Reg Season. I figured I could get Tate's production for the first several games, and I did. After Foster came back, though, Tate's numbers regressed immediately.

In fact, Foster's hamstring was acting up as early as JULY 18th according to a Bleacher Report rumor article, specifically the speculation that it would have a tendency to linger if not treated properly. Link to article HERE (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/770887-nfl-rumors-latest-buzz-on-nfl-lockout-free-agency-and-more/entry/113582-2011-nfl-rumors-will-arian-fosters-hamstring-injury-linger-into-season).

In this NBC Sports article, Foster had aggravated the left hamstring in a preseason game. The hammy cost him half of August. Link HERE (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/27/arian-foster-aggravates-hamstring-injury/).

He had only 10 carries for 33 yards in Week 2 of the reg season vs. Dolphins, sitting out the entire 2nd half. The hamstring was still a major problem because he was sidelined completely the next week vs. the Saints. Link HERE (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82286e63/article/foster-could-test-hamstring-in-warmups-but-unlikely-to-play).

So what we learned from that is this: Foster was effectively invisible for July, August, and the first month of the 2011 reg season...Tate misses 3 games in a 4-week stretch (Bills, Bye week, Jags, Lions)...and Kubiak is unhappy with Tate for essentially the same thing Foster dealt with on a much longer timeframe in 2011.

All signs point toward Tate and his agent making it clear that Tate really should be getting a chance to start (somewhere) and that he's basically biding his time here in Houston. If I were the Texans, I would seek a trading partner in the offseason and get some draft day collateral out of him/ Otherwise, he's going to be gimpy and a bit unreliable in 2013 in his last year here. Get something before he goes on his own, that's my take on it.

infantrycak
11-28-2012, 03:35 PM
...what about that "white" dude who was with us a few years ago, a D lineman past his prime

Jeff Zgonina.

Hervoyel
11-28-2012, 03:50 PM
conspiracy theory: he's been out all year for the purpose of having a fresh back for the playoffs.

:toropalm:

Of course not. He's been out because he's hurt but that doesn't mean that given this particular crate of lemons the Texans aren't going to try to get the best lemonade possible out of the situation. There's 5 games left. They're 10-1 and Foster & Forsett (Attorneys at Law?) are getting it done. Why wouldn't the team be thinking "Fine, he hasn't healed quickly. At this point lets just get him back when he's 100% for the playoffs"?

76Texan
11-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Jeff Zgonina.

Bingo.

Thanks!

Saw him at TC his last two years.
Looks like a guy in mid 20s.
I said to myself right there and then.
Yeah, I can see why you make the roster.

GP
11-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Paging Derrick Ward.....

Seriously. If he's stayed in shape, he could get signed back to the team IF we needed him down the road. Crazier things have happened.

If I'm Rick Smith, I'm putting a bug in Ward's ear that it is always wise to be getting into shape in December. Ask Jeff Garcia and Jake Delhomme.

Ben Tate, I'm not sure he's Grade A starter material. The injuries, the lack of being "the guy" for several games week in and week out, the fact that he's on a helluva' team right now AND benefits from the change of pace he has in terms of teams facing Foster most of the game. I'm skeptical he's starter quality. Helluva' RB, no doubt.

drs23
11-28-2012, 05:27 PM
All signs point toward Tate and his agent making it clear that Tate really should be getting a chance to start (somewhere) and that he's basically biding his time here in Houston. If I were the Texans, I would seek a trading partner in the offseason and get some draft day collateral out of him/ Otherwise, he's going to be gimpy and a bit unreliable in 2013 in his last year here. Get something before he goes on his own, that's my take on it.

I've though similarly along those lines as well. Guess we'll know/see when it all shakes out.

Ben Tate, I'm not sure he's Grade A starter material. The injuries, the lack of being "the guy" for several games week in and week out, the fact that he's on a helluva' team right now AND benefits from the change of pace he has in terms of teams facing Foster most of the game. I'm skeptical he's starter quality. Helluva' RB, no doubt.

Not so sure I agree with this statement. I don't think it would take long to find a job if he were to become a FA. What range draft pick we'd drag from him is a different story. I know some here have talked about him bringing a first rounder but I never really thought so. I'm thinking 4th'ish.

Never know what will happen in the heated passion that's draft day on the clock though.

Guess we can all hide-n-watch. :ant:

Hervoyel
11-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Paging Derrick Ward.....

Seriously. If he's stayed in shape, he could get signed back to the team IF we needed him down the road. Crazier things have happened.

If I'm Rick Smith, I'm putting a bug in Ward's ear that it is always wise to be getting into shape in December. Ask Jeff Garcia and Jake Delhomme.

Stacey Mack Syndrome perhaps?

EllisUnit
11-28-2012, 05:52 PM
I've though similarly along those lines as well. Guess we'll know/see when it all shakes out.

Not so sure I agree with this statement. I don't think it would take long to find a job if he were to become a FA. What range draft pick we'd drag from him is a different story. I know some here have talked about him bringing a first rounder but I never really thought so. I'm thinking 4th'ish.

Never know what will happen in the heated passion that's draft day on the clock though.

Guess we can all hide-n-watch. :ant:

IF he can stay healthy, but i mean 3 seasons and missed more games than he's played. I dont know if he could handle the load of a starter.

Texn4life
11-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Paging Derrick Ward.....

I've seen Ward on Comcast Sports Net as an analyst and he definitely doesn't look like he's in any kind of playing shape or even close at that.

Rey
11-28-2012, 09:27 PM
If the rumors about Cleveland wanting Tate last year for a first rounder were true we should have taken that. A late first rounder for Tate is about as good as you can ask for.

I've heard a bunch that Tate would be a starter for half the teams in the league and im not sure about that.

He should be traded this off season though.

Hervoyel
11-28-2012, 10:39 PM
If the rumors about Cleveland wanting Tate last year for a first rounder were true we should have taken that. A late first rounder for Tate is about as good as you can ask for.

I've heard a bunch that Tate would be a starter for half the teams in the league and im not sure about that.

He should be traded this off season though.

Sure he'd be a starter for about half the teams in the NFL. I don't doubt that for a second.

Now how long it would be before those teams were looking for their next starter is anybody's guess. I do think a lot of folks think Tate can get it done though.

Rey
11-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Sure he'd be a starter for about half the teams in the NFL. I don't doubt that for a second.

Now how long it would be before those teams were looking for their next starter is anybody's guess. I do think a lot of folks think Tate can get it done though.

I just went and looked and Tate is not starting for half of the NFL.

I see a few teams where he'd probably get more carries in a rb by commiter and may or may not be named the starter...

But I think it's big time myth that half the NFL would start Tate at rb.

I count 7 teams that would definitely start Tate. The rest are either no ways or maybe or possibly yes or probably not.

b0ng
11-28-2012, 11:02 PM
I just went and looked and Tate is not starting for half of the NFL.

I see a few teams where he'd probably get more carries in a rb by commiter and may or may not be named the starter...

But I think it's big time myth that half the NFL would start Tate at rb.

Go ahead and name the teams he wouldn't start for.

TheMatrix31
11-28-2012, 11:02 PM
I like having three good RBs but I guess if Forsett continues to do well and someone can give a 2nd or 3rd for Tate (ehhh, maybe), you pretty much have to do it.

Scooter
11-28-2012, 11:11 PM
on just about any team tate's a 4.5ypc guy, a fair blocker, and can hammer inside the redzone. i dont know that half the league would give up much for him, but if he entered their training camp next season, i can certainly see tate winning the job for more than half of the league. that's of course assuming health, which is the current problem.

Rey
11-28-2012, 11:13 PM
on just about any team tate's a 4.5ypc guy, a fair blocker, and can hammer inside the redzone. i dont know that half the league would give up much for him, but if he entered their training camp next season, i can certainly see tate winning the job for more than half of the league. that's of course assuming health, which is the current problem.

Seriously?

Name over 16 teams that you think Tate would go to and start....

I seriously can't think of more than ten.

GP
11-28-2012, 11:32 PM
I've seen Ward on Comcast Sports Net as an analyst and he definitely doesn't look like he's in any kind of playing shape or even close at that.

Ewww...gross. Well hell, guess he's hung up the cleats for good.

Scooter
11-28-2012, 11:39 PM
my homer is showing, but ...

colts
broncos
chargers
raiders
jets
dolphins
steelers
bengals
cowboys
packers
lions
rams
cardinals

several others could open up next year - falcons, giants, panthers.

Rey
11-29-2012, 08:22 AM
my homer is showing, but ...

colts
broncos
chargers
raiders
jets
dolphins
steelers
bengals
cowboys
packers
lions
rams
cardinals

several others could open up next year - falcons, giants, panthers.

With McGahee aging I think he might go to the broncos and start.

I think McFadden has injury problems, so maybe in Oakland...but I doubt it.

Chargers have Matthews, but again...injuries so maybe.

He would not Go to Miami and start over bush if he's brought back. And if he's not they'll probably just have Thomas as their starter.

If mendenhall is healthy they'd probably share time. He may or may not start IMO.

Cowboys have Murray who just got healthy and they love him. Maybe, but far from a shoe in.

The rams? Yeah right.

Cardinals have wells who just got healthy. Maybe, maybe not.

Falcons are doubtful I'd say, but maybe if turner is cut or is gone. Don't know his situation.

Giants? I think he may start, but doubtful. I think it'd BEcommittee at best.

Panthers? No. He's not going to jump deangelo and Stewart and if they cut one they aren't starting him over the other.

I think overall rb's are a bit devalued in the NFL although you do have some studs.

Some of the teams where I feel he could maybe start probably aren't trading anything of value for him...like the raiders with McFadden or the cowboys with Murray or the cards with beenie wells.

EllisUnit
11-29-2012, 10:17 PM
With McGahee aging I think he might go to the broncos and start.

I think McFadden has injury problems, so maybe in Oakland...but I doubt it.

Chargers have Matthews, but again...injuries so maybe.

He would not Go to Miami and start over bush if he's brought back. And if he's not they'll probably just have Thomas as their starter.

If mendenhall is healthy they'd probably share time. He may or may not start IMO.

Cowboys have Murray who just got healthy and they love him. Maybe, but far from a shoe in.

The rams? Yeah right.

Cardinals have wells who just got healthy. Maybe, maybe not.

Falcons are doubtful I'd say, but maybe if turner is cut or is gone. Don't know his situation.

Giants? I think he may start, but doubtful. I think it'd BEcommittee at best.

Panthers? No. He's not going to jump deangelo and Stewart and if they cut one they aren't starting him over the other.

I think overall rb's are a bit devalued in the NFL although you do have some studs.

Some of the teams where I feel he could maybe start probably aren't trading anything of value for him...like the raiders with McFadden or the cowboys with Murray or the cards with beenie wells.

Well i doubt they would want Tate then as well :kitten:

GP
11-29-2012, 11:11 PM
I bet Greg Knapp and Brisiel would welcome Ben Tate to the Raiders offense.

Wolf
12-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Only TWO carries today

Where did the one wo punch go?

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Only TWO carries today

Where did the one wo punch go?

Game was too important. Kubiak went with his horse.

Wolf
12-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Is he still injured a bit?

Is he in the dog house?
Anyone hear anything why he isn't playing much?

mariowillshine15
12-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Is he still injured a bit?

Is he in the dog house?
Anyone hear anything why he isn't playing much?

Kubes wants to run Foster into the ground so he can trade him and then use Tate next year?

There is no good reason i can think of to not use him or even Forsett.

HJam72
12-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Kubes wants to run Foster into the ground so he can trade him and then use Tate next year?

There is no good reason i can think of to not use him or even Forsett.

Actually, I think there is. The way the line is playing, you gotta have some serious skills in the quickness department to get past the LOS. Tate can bang for some yardage, but he's not getting past anybody. It also takes a certain minimum size to break the D-lineman arm tackles, so Forsett wouldn't cut it right now either. The O-line sux so bad it takes Foster to get anything out of it.

Two words: Briesel & Winston.

Wolf
12-30-2012, 09:25 PM
So if west

Any decent offer we ought to trade him if we can't use him.

b0ng
12-30-2012, 11:33 PM
So if west

Any decent offer we ought to trade him if we can't use him.

It's possible but this year has been less than stellar for Tate so you're not looking at getting back the second round value you spent to get him. Unless Tate does something special in the playoffs I don't think too many teams are hurting for a RB so badly they'll give up anything north of a 4th rounder for Tate. Most will be content to let him come out in FA and try to sign him there if they really are eyeing him. Contrary to popular belief you can't just trade every player who has even the tiniest role on game day when they have a year left on their contract.

utahmark
12-30-2012, 11:43 PM
A few months ago he was one of the top 10 backs in the league. At least according to Texanstalk.

TexansBull
04-26-2013, 09:16 PM
So no trade this year...so far...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Thorn
04-26-2013, 09:44 PM
He's not really tradable material considering what he has done so far.