PDA

View Full Version : Glover Quinn

VTexan
10-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Can we get some love for this dude? I feel he is definitely the unsung hero in our defense. Pretty much does everything you could ask for. Probably one of the surest tackles on the team and that interception today? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36BvyC_ODRM

MEGA SWATT
10-21-2012, 09:42 PM
AGREE:goodpost:

gtexan02
10-21-2012, 09:44 PM
If Quinn had been a centerfielder and had made that catch with a glove, he'd make the top play on ESPN.

That he did it as a safety, with a football, and barehanded makes it even more impressive. Its the best interception catch I've ever seen

kiwitexansfan
10-21-2012, 11:01 PM
He definitely deserves some thread space.

Our secondary right now if by far the best we have had at the Texans.

Quin has made that safety spot his own, and he seems to be able to do pretty much anything from there. Run defend, cover, blitz, swat passes out of the sky.

He is probably my favourite Texans player, only Joseph can compete but as a home grown Texans player, he wins.

Texan in Japan
10-21-2012, 11:14 PM
It was a great pick and here's hoping it breaks his drought as a play maker. During his rookie camp he was jumping on a lot of balls and getting picks. The last few years he's dropped some sure ones--I'm hoping this gets his groove on.

As a tackler and cover safety, he's been very solid. Glad to see him getting some love also.

Texn4life
10-21-2012, 11:15 PM
I said before the season he's our most underrated player and should get a contract before Barwin. Glover hasn't even tapped into his full potential yet. When he does it is gonna be scary.

noxiousdog
10-22-2012, 12:39 AM
I said before the season he's our most underrated player and should get a contract before Barwin. Glover hasn't even tapped into his full potential yet. When he does it is gonna be scary.

Concur.

Corrosion
10-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Ive made the statement here before and in conversation with Cak .... What team has a better pair of safeties than the Texans ?!

There might be better individual players but no team has the quality the Texans do in Quin and Manning on the back end.

Quick II Draw
10-22-2012, 02:31 AM
Earl Thomas & Kam Chancellor in Seattle are easily the best safety tandem in the NFL right now.

NastyNate
10-22-2012, 03:19 AM
Ive made the statement here before and in conversation with Cak .... What team has a better pair of safeties than the Texans ?!

There might be better individual players but no team has the quality the Texans do in Quin and Manning on the back end.

Seattle

Premier
10-22-2012, 03:38 AM
im sorry but anyone that spells quin with 2 n's is a suspect fan... you want to talk about respect and whatnot, spell the mans name right..

QUIN

Quick II Draw
10-22-2012, 04:44 AM
I still remember him as a slow CB

EllisUnit
10-22-2012, 06:20 AM

Then KJ must run at the speed of a turtle.....

NitroGSXR
10-22-2012, 08:57 AM

THAT'S what you remember about him? Jeez...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWSbgAzTDks

Corrosion
10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Earl Thomas & Kam Chancellor in Seattle are easily the best safety tandem in the NFL right now.

Seattle

I wouldnt go so far as to call one tandem better than the other .... but I dont think its a coincidence that these two teams have very good defenses and their safety play is a huge part of that.

Thats probably the only tandem in the NFL comparable ....

beerlover
10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Quin is turning into a playmaker. People forget he was a 4th rd. pick & started @ CB as a rookie. Then Wade switched positions moving him to a NFL Strong Safety, so this is only his second season, looking more comfortable all the time.

jaayteetx
10-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Everyone's a Lobo, woof woof!

eriadoc
10-22-2012, 09:56 AM

Boooo! :pissed:

Jackie Chiles
10-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Boooo! :pissed:

He was just ensuring that we had the opportunity to draft Watt.

eriadoc
10-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Owen Daniel and Kevin Walters are big fans of Glover Quinn.

keyser
10-22-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm really happy with Quin overall. But, I did think that he was one of the biggest factors in our loss to Green Bay. It seemed to me that on several plays in that game, he was the one who messed up. That loss was a team effort, so I don't pin all the blame on Quin, but he was the one who stood out to me as having problems during the game.

beerlover
10-22-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm really happy with Quin overall. But, I did think that he was one of the biggest factors in our loss to Green Bay. It seemed to me that on several plays in that game, he was the one who messed up. That loss was a team effort, so I don't pin all the blame on Quin, but he was the one who stood out to me as having problems during the game.

I guess some people just don't want to give Green Bay any credit for having a great game plan both offensively & defensively. They were able to disguise & pick off the CB's which left Quin in single coverage against their above average WR fleet. Quin lacks the length when field is stretched to defend against those guys, just one reason he was moved to strong safety. To me that was on our coaching getting owned by Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers playing like a true MVP & Texans just came out flat without sense of urgency unlike Green Bay :pinned:

TheIronDuke

JJ Watts likes him too.

Corrosion

That was the scheme of the GB offense , exploit the extra safety in the run game .... everything else snowballed.

If anything I put the blame for that scheme failure on Wade ..... :kitten:

ThaJokaa
10-22-2012, 12:07 PM
So whose gonna start the Glover Quin to the Pro Bowl thread? Even though he wont be able to play cause of the SB

Vinny
10-22-2012, 12:18 PM
So whose gonna start the Glover Quin to the Pro Bowl thread? Even though he wont be able to play cause of the SBSome guys I like and in no particular order, he is up against guys like LaRon Landry, Michael Griffin, Donte Whitner, Brandon Meriweather, Antoine Bethea, Eric Weddle, and Eric Berry.

drs23
10-22-2012, 02:03 PM

I was wondering who was gonna do that. Now I know. :)

drs23
10-22-2012, 02:08 PM

Quitit already! Some of 'em's just ain't never gonna get it. But then, oh well, carry on. Maybe we can shame 'em into learning the player's names. OR NOT.:kitten:

76Texan
10-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Quin has shown great stride in his second year at safety.

I sure hope we can resign him.

Corrosion
10-22-2012, 02:44 PM
I guess some people just don't want to give Green Bay any credit for having a great game plan both offensively & defensively. They were able to disguise & pick off the CB's which left Quin in single coverage against their above average WR fleet. Quin lacks the length when field is stretched to defend against those guys, just one reason he was moved to strong safety. To me that was on our coaching getting owned by Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers playing like a true MVP & Texans just came out flat without sense of urgency unlike Green Bay :pinned:

I didnt see your post before I made my response .... looks like you pretty much saw it like I did. Credit the Packers for a great scheme and executing it to perfection for most of the game.