PDA

View Full Version : Good Reading - the Texas showed toughness

Atl Cav
10-21-2012, 08:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/42552/texans-captains-respond-to-kubiaks-call

houstonspartan
10-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Huh. Never really noticed the C on the captians' jersey's before.

Surreal McCoy
10-21-2012, 08:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/42552/texans-captains-respond-to-kubiaks-call

hmmm. i'm confused as i've repeatedly read (especially here) how Kubiak has no leadership skills and the players don't like playing for him. Can someone explain?

Norg
10-21-2012, 09:09 PM
i new we had toughness like 5 years ago when we beat a good 12-2 Tennesse TItans team we havent lost it since .....yeah we got our assed kicked down that road a few times but hey the other teams get payed 2

houstonspartan
10-21-2012, 09:09 PM
hmmm. i'm confused as i've repeatedly read (especially here) how Kubiak has no leadership skills and the players don't like playing for him. Can someone explain?

No one ever said players didn't like playing for him. In fact, I'm convinced that the fact that they DO like playing for him is what convinced McNair not to fire him. Kubiaks players have never quit on him.

As for his "leadership" skills, the argument has been that his IN GAME leadership skills and game management (the ability to change course on the fly DURING a game) has needed work. In this area, he has good days (today) and he has bad days (Green Bay). No one really questioned his ability to give rah-rah speeches during the week.

Also, as Kuharsky pointed out in the piece, calling out the captians worked, but it's likely not a card Kubiak can play again. You can only pull that off once. If the Texans slide again, and they need to be motivated again, Kubiak is going to have to figure out another way to get them going. That's his job.

GP
10-21-2012, 09:21 PM
No one ever said players didn't like playing for him. In fact, I'm convinced that the fact that they DO like playing for him is what convinced McNair not to fire him. Kubiaks players have never quit on him.

As for his "leadership" skills, the argument has been that his IN GAME leadership skills and game management (the ability to change course on the fly DURING a game) has needed work. In this area, he has good days (today) and he has bad days (Green Bay). No one really questioned his ability to give rah-rah speeches during the week.

Also, as Kuharsky pointed out in the piece, calling out the captians worked, but it's likely not a card Kubiak can play again. You can only pull that off once. If the Texans slide again, and they need to be motivated again, Kubiak is going to have to figure out another way to get them going. That's his job.

Really great post. Agree 100%. I rep'd you for it (system gave you a +327 in rep points!).

You can't lead from an overly authoritative base too much, or people tune that person out over time. However, I am really frustrated with his inability to see that GB loss coming our way over the week we had to prepare for it. My theory is that the team, both sides of the ball, those guys were seriously bummed over the loss of Cushing.

I really think that was the entire problem last Sunday night--A bit of depression and a lack of focus and determination.

houstonspartan
10-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Really great post. Agree 100%. I rep'd you for it (system gave you a +327 in rep points!).

You can't lead from an overly authoritative base too much, or people tune that person out over time. However, I am really frustrated with his inability to see that GB loss coming our way over the week we had to prepare for it. My theory is that the team, both sides of the ball, those guys were seriously bummed over the loss of Cushing.

I really think that was the entire problem last Sunday night--A bit of depression and a lack of focus and determination.

Thanks for the rep.

Agree with the GB game-planning: basically, they didn't. They lost focus, and we got beat down.

MEGA SWATT
10-21-2012, 10:33 PM
cool, thanks!:goodpost: