PDA

View Full Version : Best Ravens-Texans pregame post.

Texans_Chick
10-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Did a pre-game Q&A with the Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson and added my thoughts, some numbers.

Ravens Q&A with Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun + more (http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/2012/10/ravens-qa-with-aaron-wilson-of-the-baltimore-sun-more/)

I love when I learn stuff as I am writing a post. So I'm guessing you might too.

We need to make this game extra loud.

:koolaid:

Playoffs
10-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Really great questions, Steph, and some direct answers from the Ravens writer.

Learned some things. :clap: Repped.

CloakNNNdagger
10-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Great interview as usual, TC.

As to Kemoeatu "failing to make plays or occupy blockers, getting shoved back into the linebackers," with the strained knee, I would suspect that will not change this Sunday.

In the last two games the Ravens have had difficulties getting started in the first two quarters, the same problem we've seen in the past with our own Texans. I would look for the team that comes out early to have the greatest chance of staying on top. But I hope that if we are the fortunate ones to come out early, that in light of their vertical game potential, we don't get too complacent in the second half even with a two possession lead.

CloakNNNdagger
10-20-2012, 02:19 PM
One additional thought. Schaub, in his last 2 games against the Ravens, completed 52.5 percent of his passes. That isn't going to hack it.

76Texan
10-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Always a good read.

Thanks, Steph.

dream_team
10-20-2012, 10:01 PM
In the Ravens fans concerns:
"Struggles against speedy edge pass rushers."

I predict a breakout game for either Brooks or Connor. My money is on Brooks. He'll benefit playing next to Watt, and he's shown more explosion this season so far compared to Connor. Not to mention Brooks' last game against the Ravens.

Lucky
10-21-2012, 07:52 AM
I predict a breakout game for either Brooks or Connor. My money is on Brooks. He'll benefit playing next to Watt, and he's shown more explosion this season so far compared to Connor. Not to mention Brooks' last game against the Ravens.
This is about the time last year when Barwin and Reed broke out. I think Reed has a good matchup against the rookie Osemele and Barwin has to be motivated after his poor performance against the Packers. It can't be a one Watt show against the Ravens.

Rey
10-21-2012, 10:19 AM
In the Ravens fans concerns:
"Struggles against speedy edge pass rushers."

We don't play any speedy pass rushers, so they shouldn't be too concerned.

Brisco_County
10-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Good write up, Stephanie.

I'm going to hate watching those efficiency stats drop in the post-Cushing world.