PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Game in Franchise History!

kiwitexansfan
10-18-2012, 07:31 PM
This game is the biggest game in FRANCHISE HISTORY!

(according to Paul Kuharsky (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/57131/double-coverage-ravens-texans), ESPN Blogger)

Given that indisputable fact, I am declaring this game a MUST WIN!!

I will also say if we lose this game, and other teams in the division win we will only have a 2 game lead in the division and with the bye coming up we could come out of the bye week with only a game advantage over the rest of the division.

:panic:

:kitten:

paycheck71
10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Our Superbowl!!!

Playoffs
10-18-2012, 07:42 PM
The next one.

Thorn
10-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Ah yes, here we go again. I'm actually starting to feel comfortable in these threads. LOL

utahmark
10-18-2012, 08:16 PM
This actually is a big game. Whoever wins has inside track to homefield throughout the playoff's in the AFC. Peter King say's it could be the nfl game of the year. I saw it on the internet so it must be true.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/10/18/nfl-week-7-picks/index.html?xid=cnnbin

kiwitexansfan
10-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Despite what I hope was my obvious mockery of such a statement, it is the biggest game of the season so far because of playoff seeding implications and because I think the team might need it for self belief purposes after getting shellacked last week.

For my sake I hope we win it so this place doesn't turn into a house of horrors during the bye week.

utahmark
10-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Despite what I hope was my obvious mockery of such a statement, it is the biggest game of the season so far because of playoff seeding implications and because I think the team might need it for self belief purposes after getting shellacked last week.

For my sake I hope we win it so this place doesn't turn into a house of horrors during the bye week.

Yes! Biggest game for Texanstalk.com ever.

SrslySirius
10-18-2012, 08:58 PM
If the Texans lose this game, then by league rules we are shut out of the playoffs!

Kthx
10-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah....

http://i.imgur.com/XzcZY.png

axman40
10-18-2012, 10:37 PM
As long as on Sunday I do not hear Houston We have a problem!
It's all GOOD!
:fans:

ATXtexanfan
10-18-2012, 10:47 PM
As long as on Sunday I do not hear Houston We have a problem!
It's all GOOD!
:fans:

Lol nice one

Texn4life
10-18-2012, 11:17 PM
As long as Joe Texan doesn't start the official Game Day thread again I think we'll be ok. I knew that was gonna come back to bite us in the butt.

Big Lou
10-19-2012, 12:11 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24831275.jpg

kiwitexansfan
10-19-2012, 01:53 AM
As long as Joe Texan doesn't start the official Game Day thread again I think we'll be ok. I knew that was gonna come back to bite us in the butt.

Good point, don't fail us shark.

TheMatrix31
10-19-2012, 06:46 AM
It's a huge, huge, huge game. The two teams that are pretty much perceived as the class of the AFC, both 5-1, both fighting for home-field, seeing what we're made of after a drubbing by Green Bay, a bit of a rematch from last year's bull**** playoff loss that we should have won handily, Battle Red, etc.

It's a big game. Not the biggest in franchise history, which is obviously being said in jest, but damn big.

Thorn
10-19-2012, 08:24 AM

That's why I NEVER would start a game day thread, I'm jinxed in that regard as well. :smiliepalm:

HJam72
10-19-2012, 08:27 AM
That's why I NEVER would start a game day thread, I'm jinxed in that regard as well. :smiliepalm:

I believe I've started one or two in the past, but I don't feel lucky enough to do it now that it counts for more. Pretty sure I shouldn't do that.

HJam72
10-19-2012, 08:27 AM
It's a huge, huge, huge game. The two teams that are pretty much perceived as the class of the AFC, both 5-1, both fighting for home-field, seeing what we're made of after a drubbing by Green Bay, a bit of a rematch from last year's bull**** playoff loss that we should have won handily, Battle Red, etc.

It's a big game. Not the biggest in franchise history, which is obviously being said in jest, but damn big.

Meh, maybe if Schaub had been healthy.

TheMatrix31
10-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Well yeah, that's part of it. Spotting 7 points to the opposing veteran team after scoring first and forcing a three-and-out on their next possession is not exactly conducive to winning. Then forcing three-and-out after three-and-out only for our Schaub-less offense to not do anything....yeah....

We could have won that game even WITHOUT Schaub, but with Schaub, THAT game would have been a piece of cake. Our defense held their offense to 6 points after the gifted 7 and the gifted great field position via INT to get another 7.

Stupid.

......stupid.

Beat their ****ing asses on Sunday. **** 'em.

TdotTexas2Step
10-19-2012, 11:41 AM
This and the game against New England will probably be the biggest game of the season in retrospect.

It's crucial we win these if we want to the road to the superbowl in the AFC to go through Reliant.

amazing80
10-19-2012, 01:13 PM
How about we tone it down some, and call it biggest game OF SEASON thus far. This one impacts the AFC more than the Packers, so this is more important than that one. Not to mention the confidence boost heading into our bye. We need this to gain some emotions and confidence back.

Hervoyel
10-19-2012, 01:19 PM
This is simply nothing less than the most important game in human history. Its outcome is more important than any previous contest of wills up to and including World Wars I & II. Failure is not an option. Success without domination is not an option. Leaving enough Ravens standing to take the field next week would be an epic failure of inconceivable proportions.

JCTexan
10-19-2012, 01:19 PM
This game is huge if Houston wants home-field advantage in the playoffs. A loss and Houston would likely be heading to Baltimore in a possible playoff game. Baltimore does not lose at home. In their last twenty games in Baltimore the Ravens are 19-1.

Perki-Perk
10-19-2012, 04:47 PM
A Texans loss would not be OPTIMAL!

(too soon?)

NastyNate
10-19-2012, 07:00 PM
:mariopalm:

Daravenator
10-19-2012, 07:14 PM
It is a big game for the Texans, as Houston is 0-6 against Baltimore and a win here breaks that streak. But it isn't a must-win.

drs23
10-19-2012, 07:36 PM
It is a big game for the Texans, as Houston is 0-6 against Baltimore and a win here breaks that streak. But it isn't a must-win.

It's a "must win" in my book for a couple of reasons. First being, we need to get that "never won against the Ravens" monkey off of our backs that you mention. It's real and needs to go away.

Secondly this game is for first place in the conference. It goes a LONG way to getting a first round bye and playing you guys on OUR TURF in the playoffs and I wholeheartedly believe it will come down to you guys and us. Big deal in my opinion.

Both teams are working hard toward the same goal.

So :gotexans1

Giant Tiger
10-19-2012, 09:20 PM
It's a "must win" in my book for a couple of reasons. First being, we need to get that "never won against the Ravens" monkey off of our backs that you mention. It's real and needs to go away.

Secondly this game is for first place in the conference. It goes a LONG way to getting a first round bye and playing you guys on OUR TURF in the playoffs and I wholeheartedly believe it will come down to you guys and us. Big deal in my opinion.

Both teams are working hard toward the same goal.

So :gotexans1

:goodpost: This is a must win!!

EVOLVIST
10-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Okay. A must win. Sure, I'll play this game.

If the Texans do not win, however, are your hopes for a Super Bowl dashed for the rest of the year?

:kitten:

BeerTastesLikeVictory
10-19-2012, 09:47 PM
But it isn't a must-win.

It's a "must win" in my book

:goodpost: This is a must win!!

Okay. A must win.

And here comes the obligatory it's not a must win, just a must play well game.

thunderkyss
10-19-2012, 09:53 PM

Baltimore still has to play Cincinatti, Pittsburgh (x2), Denver, Washington, & NYGiants.

We've got Chicago, NE, & Minnesota

We can theoretically lose this game & still finish with a better record than Baltimore, New England, & Denver.... and have homefield throughout the play-offs.

This game is important because good teams rarely loose two in a row. This game is important because we can't go into the bye on a two game loosing streak. This game is important, because we've never beaten Baltimore. This game is important because this is the team that knocked us out of the play-offs (that reason alone should make this game extremely important to this whole organization).

There are a lot of reasons why this is an important game. Being only a game or two ahead of our division rivals is not a big deal, because we've got plenty of season left to make up for it & our division is weak (though I think Hasselbeck makes the Titans a play-off contender, but those hillbillies are going to throw Locker back in the game as soon as they can).

Denver is probably our biggest competition for homefield advantage.

disaacks3
10-19-2012, 10:11 PM
This actually is a big game. Whoever wins has inside track to homefield throughout the playoff's in the AFC. Peter King say's it could be the nfl game of the year. I saw it on the internet so it must be true.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/10/18/nfl-week-7-picks/index.html?xid=cnnbin http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25613016.jpg

handswarmer
10-20-2012, 09:17 AM
This is simply nothing less than the most important game in human history. Its outcome is more important than any previous contest of wills up to and including World Wars I & II. Failure is not an option. Success without domination is not an option. Leaving enough Ravens standing to take the field next week would be an epic failure of inconceivable proportions.

Pretty hard to do considering the Ravens are on a bye next week

b0ng
10-20-2012, 10:35 AM
This and the game against New England will probably be the biggest game of the season in retrospect.

It's crucial we win these if we want to the road to the superbowl in the AFC to go through Reliant.

If NE doesn't start winning more games it may not be as big as this one. The Denver game is looking better now as well.

badboy
10-20-2012, 03:06 PM
This game is the biggest game in FRANCHISE HISTORY!

(according to Paul Kuharsky (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/57131/double-coverage-ravens-texans), ESPN Blogger)

Given that indisputable fact, I am declaring this game a MUST WIN!!

I will also say if we lose this game, and other teams in the division win we will only have a 2 game lead in the division and with the bye coming up we could come out of the bye week with only a game advantage over the rest of the division.

:panic:

:kitten:No it is not.