PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Game

ktfletch1
10-18-2012, 11:31 AM
It looks like there are a quite few fans traveling to Chicago - we have a group of about 20 going - sitting in section 443, as this is the only way we could sit near eachother. I know this is a travel game offered by the Texans and we have also run into several fans in the stadium who say they are going.
Does anyone have any tailgate plans? It would be awesome to get a huge group of fans together. We are going all out in terms of dress and we can get pretty rowdy but we're a crazy nice group of fans -we just love to watch our boys play!

disaacks3
10-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Check THIS (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91937&highlight=chicago) thread. Also consider sending an IM to Ryan Dove on facebook...we've got a group called Bulls on Parade (Travelin Texans) where we've got contacts documents, meetup places, etc. He can add you to see the details.

ktfletch1
10-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Check THIS (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91937&highlight=chicago) thread. Also consider sending an IM to Ryan Dove on facebook...we've got a group called Bulls on Parade (Travelin Texans) where we've got contacts documents, meetup places, etc. He can add you to see the details.

Thanks! I went through that thread already, but didn't see anything about anyone planning a tailgate. But I am glad to see all of the fans going! We might buy whole new tickets the day of the game if they are cheap enough (I met a fan who bought tickets to the Jets game the day of and paid $54/ ticket to sit a couple of rows behind the texans!) I am going to check out the traveling fans page- we do a game a year, it would be awesome to hook up with other fans when planning.

Also, we'll be out and about the city before the game decked out (I'm sure I'll look beyond silly - tutu and all!), hopefully we run into fans early in the day, as well!

Dr2bKay
10-18-2012, 01:07 PM
It looks like there are a quite few fans traveling to Chicago - we have a group of about 20 going - sitting in section 443, as this is the only way we could sit near eachother. I know this is a travel game offered by the Texans and we have also run into several fans in the stadium who say they are going.
Does anyone have any tailgate plans? It would be awesome to get a huge group of fans together. We are going all out in terms of dress and we can get pretty rowdy but we're a crazy nice group of fans -we just love to watch our boys play!

The Texans Hookah Tailgate will be in Chicago and they will have their own setup. One of the members post on here so he should be able to reply with more dets.

I will be tailgating with Bears fans that I know through PFUFA.

ktfletch1
10-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Ok! Hope to hear from them - we'd love to chip in and tailgate with them!

SuperRY
10-24-2012, 11:28 AM
I got my tickets. There will be 4 more in sec. 443.

disaacks3
10-24-2012, 12:16 PM
The Texans Hookah Tailgate will be in Chicago and they will have their own setup. One of the members post on here so he should be able to reply with more dets.

I will be tailgating with Bears fans that I know through PFUFA. I'd love to tailgate with the PFUFA folks if possible. Do you know if that's who Ted & Kat will be with as well?

TexanFan881
10-24-2012, 12:22 PM
I want to go but tickets are crazy expensive.

hellbentforfootball
10-24-2012, 12:47 PM
We've got a total of 4 going..would love info for tailgating and any Saturday nite meet-ups:)

ktfletch1
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
I got my tickets. There will be 4 more in sec. 443.

Awesome! We look forward to seeing you there!

ktfletch1
10-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I want to go but tickets are crazy expensive.

That is why we ended up in the 400's, especially because there are 20 of us in our group. I told them next year we need to decide BEFORE tickets go on sale :smiliepalm:

Farough
10-25-2012, 02:23 AM
I was looking to go to this game because I found a groupon for a cheap hotel, but ticket prices are still sky high. Not sure if they will fall enough for me to be able to afford it

SuperRY
10-25-2012, 12:03 PM
We're going to be TAILGATING in the Green Lot. It cost $35

Here is the link to buy prepaid parking:

http://soldierfield.clickandpark.com/apps/events

Dr2bKay
10-25-2012, 03:52 PM
I'd love to tailgate with the PFUFA folks if possible. Do you know if that's who Ted & Kat will be with as well?

Yes, Ted is PFUFA so he will be at the tailgate too. Call/text him for dets.

ktfletch1
10-26-2012, 10:38 AM
We're going to be TAILGATING in the Green Lot. It cost $35

Here is the link to buy prepaid parking:

http://soldierfield.clickandpark.com/apps/events

Thanks! We will look into this lot, I'm not sure if we are going to rent a car or just take a shuttle to the game.

itsdotcom
10-27-2012, 08:08 PM
anybody have an extra ticket I can buy?

Dr2bKay
10-29-2012, 11:24 AM
anybody have an extra ticket I can buy?

Have you tried stubhub?

itsdotcom
10-30-2012, 12:17 AM
I got a couple tickets via seatgeek.com

TejasTom
10-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Just got my tickets section 214.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

hellbentforfootball
10-31-2012, 01:15 PM
weather looks like low 40's that night....no snow:)

ktfletch1
10-31-2012, 01:22 PM
weather looks like low 40's that night....no snow:)

Fingers crossed! I can handle 40's. :o)
I grew up in Syracuse,NY - snow just makes me grouchy now :aggressive:

Cush
11-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Just got my tix Sect 149

Let's do this!

TejasTom
11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Wear red if you have it.

Cush
11-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Will do

Harry Haynes
11-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm flying in on saturday. Is there a saturday night texans meet-up? Lets take care of the bills and then start to get fired upnfor the roadie.

texancpa
11-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm flying in on saturday. Is there a saturday night texans meet-up? Lets take care of the bills and then start to get fired upnfor the roadie.
We are meeting up at 7:00pm on Saturday at The Green Door.
678 North Orleans
Chicago, IL 60654
www.greendoorchicago.com

TejasTom
11-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Chicago, here we come.

ktfletch1
11-05-2012, 09:17 AM
678 North Orleans
Chicago, IL 60654
www.greendoorchicago.com

So glad you posted this! We were hoping to find people to hang out with the night before!

ktfletch1
11-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Wear red if you have it.

Are the players no longer wearing Liberty White this game?

HoustonFrog
11-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Enjoy everyone. It has been cold this Fall and all but this weekend will warm up a little. Just bundle and you will be fine. I may be going to the game but I'm not sure what section yet. The food suggestions in the other thread are right on. If your here for the full weekend and want to see things around Soldier Field, there is Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum and the Planetarium. Great views from around there too.

As for the fans..I've never found Chicago fans in general to be bad, even when I've worn Cowboy tshirts out and about. However another attorney here is a massive Bears fan. He goes to games often and told me that even as a Bears fan, he finds them abusive...even to each other. lol. So I wouldn't talk noise, but just enjoy.

Kaiser Toro
11-05-2012, 09:45 AM
If anyone is looking for a place, rather than a hotel, look at letting out a condo at the Tides (near east) or MDA (lake, near michigan). Both near Grant Park, and both properties are always on my list for biz or personal.

disaacks3
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Are the players no longer wearing Liberty White this game? They may be, but red FAN jerseys will stand out far better in the crowd. Navy (Deep Steel Blue) and White will just vanish into the crowd.

BigTyke
11-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Flight booked & ticket in hand! Section 136 Row 10 Seat 8 in full gear for sure!!! Would like to meet up and hang out and tailgate.... Get with me! WE ARE TEXANS!!!

BigTyke
11-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Flight booked & ticket in hand! Section 136 Row 10 Seat 8 in full gear for sure!!! Would like to meet up and hang out and tailgate.... Get with me! WE ARE TEXANS!!!:bluesbro:

ktfletch1
11-05-2012, 04:44 PM
They may be, but red FAN jerseys will stand out far better in the crowd. Navy (Deep Steel Blue) and White will just vanish into the crowd.

Good point! Red it is :o)

SheTexan
11-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Well, since I'm the unofficial "grandma" of this board, and a born worrier, I hope all you guys/gals will be careful. I've heard so many BAD tales of how abusive Bears fans can be. I know Justin was attacked in the bathroom and someone tried to set him on fire. Just stick together and be respectful. This might turn out to be an UGLY game, and a very close one, so who knows what kind of mood those Yanks will be in if they lose a close one.

Stay safe and have a WONDERFUL trip!!

Yankee_In_TX
11-05-2012, 05:21 PM
PLEASE do the following:

(we're working on taking Texan Chick's fan guide and making a how to behave guildine):

(1) If you hear of a tailgate through the grapevine (I have not heard of one for Chicago), unless it is a pay to tailgate, it is probably friends of friends - just a normal old tailgate. When you get wind of these tailgates from the FB group, here, or Texan Chick's blog, it is not Texans event nor is there a corporate sponsor.

So take a 6 pack, offer to chip in (they will usually tell you no) and be grateful for the hopitality.

(2) For the bar events - (I have never heard nor seen of Texans' fans doing this). Show good sportsmanship and realize you're in THEIR city, even if you have taken over a bar. There was a Bills take over Saturday night and we stopped by to say hi to friends (we had jerseys on). They booed, they were jerks, said stupid things like 'go home' (which made no sense) and pissed my wife off so bad we left before we would have stopped being courteous.

(3) I've heard it can be hostile up there. The best way to avoid a jerk or a drunk fool is with a quick 'good luck today' before or a 'good game today' after and carry on your way. This is for your own safety, there are some Texans' fans with war stories from up there.

Signed,

Apparently your mom, lol.

Have fun!!!

ktfletch1
11-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Well, since I'm the unofficial "grandma" of this board, and a born worrier, I hope all you guys/gals will be careful. I've heard so many BAD tales of how abusive Bears fans can be. I know Justin was attacked in the bathroom and someone tried to set him on fire. Just stick together and be respectful. This might turn out to be an UGLY game, and a very close one, so who knows what kind of mood those Yanks will be in if they lose a close one.

Stay safe and have a WONDERFUL trip!!

So sweet! We'll be good visiting fans, scouts honor!

TejasTom
11-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Are the players no longer wearing Liberty White this game?

They may be, but red FAN jerseys will stand out far better in the crowd. Navy (Deep Steel Blue) and White will just vanish into the crowd.

Dan is correct. Bears have both Navy & White jerseys. Red jumps out on the camera.

Warrenmoon
11-05-2012, 08:59 PM
4 in section 248
What is everyone doing Saturday night?

HJam72
11-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Red will make a nice, obvious target for whatever they are throwing. :goodluck:

TejasTom
11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
4 in section 248

In this very thread is the information you seek (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049172&postcount=26)

ktfletch1
11-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Dan is correct. Bears have both Navy & White jerseys. Red jumps out on the camera.

I made sure everyone in our group got the message!

For everyone traveling out Saturday morning - keep an eye out for the No Big Deal Tailgaters in the airport! We are flying out of United.

disaacks3
11-06-2012, 10:13 AM
4 in section 248

678 North Orleans
Chicago, IL 60654
www.greendoorchicago.com

I made sure everyone in our group got the message!

For everyone traveling out Saturday morning - keep an eye out for the No Big Deal Tailgaters in the airport! We are flying out of United. I'll keep a look out fo y'all. Which early flight are you guys on?

ktfletch1
11-06-2012, 12:24 PM
678 North Orleans
Chicago, IL 60654
www.greendoorchicago.com

I'll keep a look out fo y'all. Which early flight are you guys on?

10 of us fly out at 8:30am. Another part of our group flys out around 10 am.

Yankee_In_TX
11-06-2012, 12:24 PM
10 of us fly out at 8:30am. Another part of our group flys out around 10 am.

Sound like Dan should add you to the FB group....

Texans_Chick
11-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Here's my blog post to give to people who are going:

Unofficial plans for Texans fans going to Chicago (http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/2012/11/unofficial-plans-for-texans-fans-going-to-chicago/)

ktfletch1
11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Sound like Dan should add you to the FB group....

I was told to contact Ryan on facebook to be added to the Traveling Texans group, but never heard back. Was that the wrong person to contact?
Our tailgate group goes to at least one traveling game a year, I hadn't even known there was a group dedicated to traveling fans until this website. I'm so glad I finally stumbled across it! :doot:

Yankee_In_TX
11-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I was told to contact Ryan on facebook to be added to the Traveling Texans group, but never heard back. Was that the wrong person to contact?
Our tailgate group goes to at least one traveling game a year, I hadn't even known there was a group dedicated to traveling fans until this website. I'm so glad I finally stumbled across it! :doot:

Is your name Cesar?

hellbentforfootball
11-06-2012, 01:14 PM
We are going..cant wait to meet up!! As far as dust-ups at the game, I'm not so much worried about during the game as I am after which is 10:30pm..I'll be in full Battle Red gear...it's on the way home I'll be on my best lookout for.

ktfletch1
11-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Is your name Cesar?

Catherine (Kat) :o)
Dan is going to add me.

Yankee_In_TX
11-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Catherine (Kat) :o)
Dan is going to add me.

Sorry - because of my days of playing FB games I get about 100 friend requests per week, hard to filter through and find the real people.

If I don't catch them right away they get buried.

ktfletch1
11-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Sorry - because of my days of playing FB games I get about 100 friend requests per week, hard to filter through and find the real people.

If I don't catch them right away they get buried.

No problem! I completely understand. I had to alter my FB settings after I stopped playing a game on there - it was crazy :o)

carsonhager
11-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Anyone have a link to this Bulls on Parade FB group? There are a bunch of groups with the same name. My brother and I go to all the games and we're always looking to hang out with other Texans fans.

Ltexans10
11-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I cant wait for sunday night. We will be flying out saturday morning at 6am from Hobby, hopefully we cant meet some others fans traveling. Go Texans

Yankee_In_TX
11-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Anyone have a link to this Bulls on Parade FB group? There are a bunch of groups with the same name. My brother and I go to all the games and we're always looking to hang out with other Texans fans.

Added you - please read the rules/description for the room.

Texan_Bill
11-07-2012, 08:49 PM
678 North Orleans
Chicago, IL 60654
www.greendoorchicago.com

I'll keep a look out fo y'all. Which early flight are you guys on?

There is such a Marilyn Chambers joke there but Ima leave it alone. :kitten:

jerri311
11-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Headed to Chicago Friday morning. We'll be sitting in sec 103 row 1. Can't wait for this game.

GlassHalfFull
11-07-2012, 09:01 PM
My long johns will be there. Sadly, I won't be in them. Loaned them to TedC tonight.

Texan_Bill
11-07-2012, 09:35 PM
My long johns will be there. Sadly, I won't be in them. Loaned them to TedC tonight.

:facepalm:

You, Dave, TedC and Kathryn have this really weird dynamic that I will never, EVER, understand. But I love y'all!! :kitten:

hellbentforfootball
11-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Section 220...we...are...stoked....meeting friends and going out Sat AND Sun night....no matter what!!( and i think the weather is going to be awesome, for Chi-town anyway) GO TEXANS #Blue 242 Tailgaters:)

jerri311
11-08-2012, 12:42 AM
I'd like to meet up with some fellow Texans Saturday night. We are taking in a Bulls game Saturday as well.

Warrenmoon
11-08-2012, 01:35 AM
I'm Cesar

TejasTom
11-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Whiles they behold a greater than themselves,
And therefore are they very dangerous.
I rather tell thee what is to be feared
Than what I fear, for always...

I'm Cesar

Sorry, couldn't resist.

There are still tickets to the game, if you can get there...

Join the party in Chicago!

carsonhager
11-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Thanks for adding me to the group.

brun861
11-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Added you - please read the rules/description for the room.

Can you add me to the group as well. Last name almost identical to username.

chartermember
11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone, long time Texans fan. I'll be going the Chicago game Nov. 11 with 3 other buddies.
We'll be sec 445. Lucky for us will be staying at my sister's house for the weekend.
Did go to the first Texans game in Chicago back in DEC. of 2004. Man it was cold. Game time temp of 9 deg. with wind-chill of -11! At least we won.
Would like to meet with other Texans fans in Chicago to hang out with. Can't wait. Go blue!

Yankee_In_TX can you add me to your group also. I'll pm you.
My buddies are planning to travel at least 1 away game each season. Thanks.

Harry Haynes
11-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Ended up with 1 extra ticket to the game on Sunday. If anyone needs an extra, PM me. You'll be sitting with other Texans fans. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the game.

TejasTom
11-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Boarding now

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

disaacks3
11-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Just made it to the room. *whew*

Hope to see everyone tonight at the Green Door. :texflag:

Kimmy
11-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Mad, mad muthertrucking props to all of you who sat in that rain! DIE HARD status fo sho! :kingkong::kingkong:

ItsMyFault
11-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Hope whoever made the trip enjoyed one of the best cities in America. And yeah definitely props for you guys who took in all the rain.

disaacks3
11-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Mad, mad muthertrucking props to all of you who sat in that rain! DIE HARD status fo sho! :kingkong::kingkong: Ted, Kathryn & Kay were all soaked. I was randomly fortunate that my section had the last 4-5 rows under an overhang!

Dr2bKay
11-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Ted, Kathryn & Kay were all soaked. I was randomly fortunate that my section had the last 4-5 rows under an overhang!

Yep... :-( Front row wasn't a perk during that game.