PDA

View Full Version : Strange Texans Injury Report This Week

CloakNNNdagger
10-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Epidemic of "non-injury" listings (Foster, AJ, Antonio, and Daniels) during this non-contact practice day. with lots of limited participation.

Cody back with a back
Meyers no more considered square......shows up hip
Keo is a mess asking Miss Cleo what body part goes next
Caldwell on his way to Mohammud Ali Syndrome
James with a calf, hopefully not a prelim to Jamieson's Disease
J Jo still dealing with groin pains
Nading foot and neck....at least not foot and mouth
Tate is beginning to tiptoe through the tulips
Good news.......Demps legs make full participation while his arm is still limited

Name Position Injury Wed. Thu. Fri. Game Status

Braman, Bryan LB Knee FP - - -
Caldwell, Antoine G Concussion LP - - -
Cody, Shaun DT Back LP - - -
Daniels, Owen TE Non-injury LP - - -
Demps, Quintin SS Thumb/Forearm LP - - -
Foster, Arian RB Non-injury LP - - -
James, Bradie ILB Calf LP - - -
Jean, Lestar WR Knee FP - - -
Johnson, Andre WR Non-injury - - - -
Jones, Ben C Knee FP - - -
Joseph, Johnathan CB Groin DNP - - -
Keo, Shiloh S Neck/Back/Thumb FP - - -
Myers, Chris C Hip FP - - -
Nading, Jesse OLB Foot/Neck LP - - -
Smith, Antonio DE Non-injury LP - - -
Smith, Wade G Knee FP - - -
Tate, Ben RB Toe LP - - -
link (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/injury-report.html)

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Let me see if I can interpret these non-injuries:

Daniels, Owen TE Non-injury LP - take a break you've earnt it.
Foster, Arian RB Non-injury LP - Take a break now, I'm not going to give you one for the rest of your career, I mean season, well same thing I guess at this rate.
Johnson, Andre WR Non-injury - Take a break, think back to when you used to dominate.
Smith, Antonio DE Non-injury LP - Take a break, perhaps you and AJ left your dominance in the same place?

SAMURAITEXAN
10-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Doc and Kiwi :kubepalm::wadepalm::vincepalm:

Doc Fan Non-injury LP - playing with nurse
Kiwi Fan Non-injury LP - went to see All blacks

Marcus
10-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Joseph - first it was the groin, then it was the knee, then back to the groin, then it was the knee again, now it's back to the groin ........

He's gonna get lit up like a Roman candle - - - AGAIN!

Fanfrickentastic. :gun:

TexanSam
10-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Joseph - first it was the groin, then it was the knee, then back to the groin, then it was the knee again, now it's back to the groin ........

He's gonna get lit up like a Roman candle - - - AGAIN!

Fanfrickentastic. :gun:

I would sit him. Yes, this is an important game, but I'd rather have a healthy JoJo and lose this game instead of winning this game but risk JoJo to further injury.

b0ng
10-18-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm not really sure why I should be worried about guys being limited or not participating for non-injury stuff?

TimeKiller
10-18-2012, 12:26 PM
I would sit him. Yes, this is an important game, but I'd rather have a healthy JoJo and lose this game instead of winning this game but risk JoJo to further injury.

I don't think there's another game this season that will have the same impact on the standings as this game. Packers loss, oh-fer out the window, SNF, whatever...

In conference against the one other team that is on the same level? And it's Baltimore who's been whooping us in big games for years?

I'd rather win this game than damn near anything else happening. I'd also like Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs to play because like the saying goes....you gotta beat the man to be the man.

kiwitexansfan
10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
I guess the question is whether a REALLY banged up and underperforming Joseph is better than a fit McCain or Ball or Harris or whoever.

TexanSam
10-18-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't think there's another game this season that will have the same impact on the standings as this game. Packers loss, oh-fer out the window, SNF, whatever...

In conference against the one other team that is on the same level? And it's Baltimore who's been whooping us in big games for years?

I'd rather win this game than damn near anything else happening. I'd also like Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs to play because like the saying goes....you gotta beat the man to be the man.

1st in the AFC would be great, but if we were to win this game but JoJo gets injured further, then it would be a hollow victory. Obviously, it would be great to have Joseph play well and win the game unscathed. I'm just going through hypotheticals though.

CloakNNNdagger
10-18-2012, 02:31 PM
It hasn't been posted on the official site, but Cody was limited in practice today and has been changed from last week's "probable" to "questionable" this Sunday. Explains why we have a new NT in the mix.

CloakNNNdagger
10-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Jean had his first "full" contact practice today and I would expect him to play in this game (4th week post scope).

J Jo still did not practice at all.

None of the 4 "non injury" listings (Daniels, A. Smith, AJ or Arian) practiced today.

Caldwell had a "full" practice and stayed conscious.

Demps was "limited" and is probably staying limber.

Tate was "limited" again while nursing his turf toe.

drs23
10-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Jean had his first "full" contact practice today and I would expect him to play in this game (4th week post scope).

J Jo still did not practice at all.

None of the 4 "non injury" listings (Daniels, A. Smith, AJ or Arian) practiced today.

Caldwell had a "full" practice and stayed conscious.

Demps was "limited" and is probably staying limber.

Tate was "limited" again while nursing his turf toe.

Have the Texans actually ponied up and stated the dreaded "Turf Toe" syndrome yet? Whether they have or not, all indications sure point in that direction, eh?

b0ng
10-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Have the Texans actually ponied up and stated the dreaded "Turf Toe" syndrome yet? Whether they have or not, all indications sure point in that direction, eh?

Usually if some player is on the injury report week in and week out for "toe" it's that injury.

CloakNNNdagger
10-19-2012, 10:07 AM

I stayed at a Holiday Inn............:chef:

CloakNNNdagger
10-19-2012, 10:09 AM
The Texans made a swap on the practice squad Thursday. Tight end Phillip Supernaw had a stress fracture in his right foot and will be placed on practice squad injured reserve. Supernaw suffered the injury in practice Wednesday and the Texans were hopeful they wouldn’t have to place him on IR.

To replace him on the practice squad, the Texans signed tight end Logan Brock.link (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/10/johnathan-joseph-misses-practice-again-phillip-supernaw-on-practice-squad-ir/)

Yankee_In_TX
10-19-2012, 11:11 AM

I wanted him to sit against GB. Could have possibly given him 3 weeks off.