PDA

View Full Version : Feel Good Story - HS Football

Cerberus
10-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Saw this over on the Raider Board and thought I'd share:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/top-rb-stops-one-yard-short-end-zone-184311063.html

toronto
10-18-2012, 12:25 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/top-rb-stops-one-yard-short-end-zone-184311063.html

I saw this in the news yesterday and wish it had gotten more play. Just an awesome story.

mattieuk
10-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Great story. Exactly what youth sports should be all about. Well done to the players and the coach.

majestrate
10-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Okay, I'm going to be the jerk on this one. I don't really get the point of this. He didn't earn the touchdown, it was given to him.

In all seriousness, and I don't mean to sound like an ass (but that's how it's going to come across, so my apologies upfront), is this really a treasured moment? I mean, cool that this guy's team wanted to make sure that he could deliver on his promise, but does it still count if he didn't earn it? I know, the only person that it matters to is the same person that can truly answer the question, and that's the kid that got to score the TD.

I guess I have a hard time believing that people treasure "set-up moments" as accomplishments, because I've not seen things like this happen since I was 4 or 5 years old. Not saying I've had a difficult life (definitely have not), but I've worked for everything I have, and nothing has been "let someone else do all the work, and you get the credit". So maybe that clouds my judgement/comprehension?

LondonTex
10-19-2012, 11:37 AM
great story !!

SheTexan
10-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Okay, I'm going to be the jerk on this one. I don't really get the point of this. He didn't earn the touchdown, it was given to him.

In all seriousness, and I don't mean to sound like an ass (but that's how it's going to come across, so my apologies upfront), is this really a treasured moment? I mean, cool that this guy's team wanted to make sure that he could deliver on his promise, but does it still count if he didn't earn it? I know, the only person that it matters to is the same person that can truly answer the question, and that's the kid that got to score the TD.

I guess I have a hard time believing that people treasure "set-up moments" as accomplishments, because I've not seen things like this happen since I was 4 or 5 years old. Not saying I've had a difficult life (definitely have not), but I've worked for everything I have, and nothing has been "let someone else do all the work, and you get the credit". So maybe that clouds my judgement/comprehension?

Sometimes ya just gotta sit back and enjoy a good story, and not read to much into it. This act of kindness didn't hurt anyone, didn't change the outcome of the game, and i doubt the boy that made the TD really wanted any credit. Just a way of honoring his Dad! This was a simple act of kindness amongst teammates, and nothing more. Stuff like this is what makes kids work harder to be a TEAM member and respect those around him. Not enough out there this day and age, IMHO anyway! Nice reading a "feel good" story rather than one about some kids trying to blow his school up, which seems to be the case these days.

76Texan
10-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Sometimes ya just gotta sit back and enjoy a good story, and not read to much into it. This act of kindness didn't hurt anyone, didn't change the outcome of the game, and i doubt the boy that made the TD really wanted any credit. Just a way of honoring his Dad! This was a simple act of kindness amongst teammates, and nothing more. Stuff like this is what makes kids work harder to be a TEAM member and respect those around him. Not enough out there this day and age, IMHO anyway! Nice reading a "feel good" story rather than one about some kids trying to blow his school up, which seems to be the case these days.

Love your response, Grandma!

76Texan
10-19-2012, 04:18 PM

Thanks for the share!

LondonTex
10-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Love your response, Grandma!

haha u beat me too it. Good words ST :)