PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Chargers

beerlover
10-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Trindon called off his teammate on first punt return of a weak kick that died on the 15. Lesson learned.

Stemp
10-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Guess he'll be looking for a job again next week.

macho grande
10-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Lol@ trindon. Muffed punt. Charger's ball.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 08:54 PM
2nd punt muffed by Holliday. Ball to Chargers. Familiar tune.

srrono
10-15-2012, 08:54 PM
You beat me to it lol. We all knew it was going to happen.

paycheck71
10-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Oops...

Wish nothing but good luck to Trindon, though.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Don't feel too bad Matt Schaub, Rivers is not looking so hot.

Yankee_In_TX
10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
LOL, Holliday's replacement just lost a fumble.

macho grande
10-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Wow. The other guy is just as bad.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Bolden replaced Holliday on kickoff & also fumbled giving the rock right back to Chargers & a TD!

Texn4life
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Can't remember where I saw it, but their plan coming into the game was to use Bolden as the KR so he didn't replace Trindon.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Self inflicted penaltys killing San Diego, take solace it's just that Broncos are not the Packers.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Now Peyton? This is a crazy league.

Fili
10-15-2012, 10:16 PM
This game reminds me of a recent one. One that happened within 24 hours...:rake:

beerlover
10-15-2012, 10:27 PM
I tall ya, sure miss Joel Dreesen. Besides his money catches I thinK he was the Texans best pass protector. Now in my next Texan mock blocking TE is a must.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Peyton bringing Broncos back?

wolf123
10-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Did he lose the fumble or recover it?

StarStruck
10-15-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm about to microwave some popcorn.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Broncos take lead 28-24

Stemp
10-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Did he lose the fumble or recover it?

Lost it.

Pollardized
10-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Love him or hate him, that big foreheaded mother ****er may just be the best quarterback to ever play the game.

Dutchrudder
10-15-2012, 11:26 PM
I like this, the Broncos winning makes the Texans look better :D

thunderkyss
10-15-2012, 11:26 PM
I love John Gruden..... that breakdown with Manning & Stokely appeared to be spot on.

He appears to have somee real insight into the game, unlike Jaworski. He was a QB, but acts like he knows what coaches are thinking, when, where, & why... & he has no clue. Never had to manage a game from a Coaches perspective.

I remember one game when Gruden & Jaworsky was working a New England game & Belichick did something "stupid" Jaws was like, "that didn't make any sense, blah, blah, blah... " Gruden appeared to have enough & said something like, "When was the last time you won 4 Super Bowls Jaws?" He went on to talk about how things are different when it's your job on the line & everything. The decision didn't work, but if it had, the pay off was huge (I can't remember what it was) & Gruden was like that's the difference between good & genius & Belichick hit on more of those type decisions than not.

I'm not saying you have to be a Super Bowl winning coach to be the color commentator on MNF, but don't act like you are.

Hookem Horns
10-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Love him or hate him, that big foreheaded mother ****er may just be the best quarterback to ever play the game.

I actually root for Peyton now that he is no longer on the Colts. I am a bigger fan of Eli but both will be in Canton that is for sure.

thunderkyss
10-15-2012, 11:27 PM

I need Phillip Rivers & Ryan Matthews to flip a switch here, I started both on my fantasy team.

Dutchrudder
10-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Phantom PI on Decker. Could have made a huge difference there.

TEXANRED
10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Manning is the abusive husband you can't help but love. 10 years I watched him dice and slice us up but damn I am gonna miss him when he is gone.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Rodgers makes both QB's look like chopped liver. In all fairness Texans ran into a buzz saw.

Pollardized
10-15-2012, 11:35 PM
I actually root for Peyton now that he is no longer on the Colts. I am a bigger fan of Eli but both will be in Canton that is for sure.

I'm with ya. I am a fan of the game, and Peyton Manning in no doubt one of the best to ever play.

And with that pick 6 I believe the Broncos have sealed this game.

Hookem Horns
10-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Philip Rivers = poor man's Tony Romo

BullBlitz
10-15-2012, 11:36 PM

Until the playoffs maybe. Good thing that we caught them early; before Peyton got the offense on board with his system.

He will beat us just like Rodgers.

BullBlitz
10-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Manning is the abusive husband you can't help but love. 10 years I watched him dice and slice us up but damn I am gonna miss him when he is gone.

Agree. Best ever. Glad I got to see him play.

Pollardized
10-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Rodgers makes both QB's look like chopped liver. In all fairness Texans ran into a buzz saw.

I disagree homeboy. If I had to pick Rodgers or Peyton to lead a final drive in a game, and my job was on the line as a coach, it would be a no brainer. Peyton has done it too many times with his arm and his brain. Rodgers is good, Peyton has been great for too long. :handshake:

beerlover
10-15-2012, 11:40 PM
The key for the Texans is a simple one: don't beat yourself.

Pollardized
10-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Wow Von Miller just made 66 his *****. Looked like dancing with the stars out there.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I disagree homeboy. If I had to pick Rodgers or Peyton to lead a final drive in a game, and my job was on the line as a coach, it would be a no brainer. Peyton has done it too many times with his arm and his brain. Rodgers is good, Peyton has been great for too long. :handshake:

They both have one Superbowl home slice & Rodgers is in his prime while Peyton, God bless him, is near the end of his career coming off neck surgery. Sorry but no contest.

Pollardized
10-15-2012, 11:49 PM
They both have one Superbowl home slice & Rodgers is in his prime while Peyton, God bless him, is near the end of his career coming off neck surgery. Sorry but no contest.

I don't know homeskillet, did you see Peyton on that last TD to Stokely? He read that coverage, changed the play, snapped with 1 second and threw the TD. Great play.

Plus Peyton gives us 2 million free pizzas. I hate State Farm too....

TEXANRED
10-15-2012, 11:54 PM

The teenage males hopes and dreams.

Hookem Horns
10-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Both you homies are wrong. Game on the line Eli schools them both. He has already taken Mr. Discount Double Check to the woodshed.

beerlover
10-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Both you homies are wrong. Game on the line Eli schools them both. He has already taken Mr. Discount Double Check to the woodshed.

Funny stuff. Seriously Eli is under rated to be sure his receivers skilled & deadly but I'll take my chances with the double check wizard from the frozen tundra, thank you very much....

Pollardized
10-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Funny stuff. Seriously Eli is under rated to be sure his receivers skilled & deadly but I'll take my chances with the double check wizard from the frozen tundra, thank you very much....

Blah...... Give me good ol' Matt Schaub any day..... :kitten:

gtexan02
10-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Blah...... Give me good ol' Matt Schaub any day..... :kitten:

I think anyone who wouldn't take Peyton over Schaub in terms of "Who gives us the bets chance of winning today" needs to reassess

I'll take Schaub long term and for the money, etc. But Peyton > Schaub. Always will be

Vinny
10-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Chargers have the best uniforms in the league...those uni's are awesome.

thunderkyss
10-16-2012, 12:51 AM
eh.... I thought the refs should have thrown a flag on that dude standing in his face. I thought there was a "halo" around the receiver, until he made the catch.

Then, being that he just got there, I'm sure he'll have another opportunity.

MightyTExan
10-16-2012, 07:47 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/13/files/2012/10/effoffnorv.gif?e0b22b

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1565651/peytonf.gif

robroy72
10-16-2012, 08:19 AM
If we're going to have gifs ... can we get one of the Rivers mouth guard drop?

chicagotexan2
10-16-2012, 09:43 AM

WHy is something that is so simple so hard to do? WHY?!?!?

chicagotexan2
10-16-2012, 09:44 AM
I am shocked. I turned it off at halftime when the score was SD 24-DEN 0. What the hell?

HOU-TEX
10-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Very entertaining game, imo. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Plus, watching Rivers flounder is always entertaining to me.

beerlover
10-16-2012, 10:03 AM
WHy is something that is so simple so hard to do? WHY?!?!?

The Broncos were beating themselves in the first half, once courtesy of Trindon Holliday, to watch Peyton go through that was priceless & helped with my own healing process in regards to Texans. The difference was they seemed able to flip a switch @ halftime & then the Chargers beat themselves, once again priceless to see Rivers turn the ball over repeatedly & perform his own :choke: job.

I think the reason why Texans have such a hard time with success because they have no experience in the NFL with it, no track record. A player like Rodgers or Peyton, or Eli have won Super Bowls, MVP's. What has Matt Schaub done or proved since being an NFL QB? He hasn't even won a single playoff game, I know Schaub doesn't play defense or special teams but QB is key to stabilizing the rest of the team when players feel the pressure of failure & if not contained can cause a snowball effect :kitten:

disaacks3
10-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Love him or hate him, that big foreheaded mother ****er may just be the best quarterback to ever play the game. First ballot in HoF, even if he does only have one SB win. I love Schaub, but the forehead makes poor teams look good.

I like this, the Broncos winning makes the Texans look better :D Yep, we beat them on THEIR turf.

I love John Gruden..... that breakdown with Manning & Stokely appeared to be spot on.

He appears to have somee real insight into the game, unlike Jaworski. He was a QB, but acts like he knows what coaches are thinking, when, where, & why... & he has no clue. Never had to manage a game from a Coaches perspective.

I remember one game when Gruden & Jaworsky was working a New England game & Belichick did something "stupid" Jaws was like,...

I'm not saying you have to be a Super Bowl winning coach to be the color commentator on MNF, but don't act like you are. Jaws understands the game from a QB PoV far better than Gruden ever will as well, it's a wash. He breaks down coverages and offensive playcalling far better than Gruden. Gruden gives a better mind's eye into the coaching.

Until the playoffs maybe. Good thing that we caught them early; before Peyton got the offense on board with his system.

He will beat us just like Rodgers. We beat Payton in "his" place, and he'll destroy us at home? Good luck with that.

They both have one Superbowl home slice & Rodgers is in his prime while Peyton, God bless him, is near the end of his career coming off neck surgery. Sorry but no contest. And despite all that, is still a more accurate passer and better decision maker. One game? The forehead...no question.

Double Barrel
10-16-2012, 11:28 AM

I lean a little more toward Brady, but I could just as easily argue in favor of Manning. Obviously the two best of the past decade, and maybe 2 in the top 5 of all time.

It's been a blast watching these guys play. I remember when the big QBs of the '80's & 90's retired (Montana, Elway, Marino, Aikman, Young, etc.) and the media acted like there would never be great QBs again.

But we know better. Right behind Manning & Brady are guys like Manning (Eli), Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben.

I found myself rooting for Manning last night. It was weird, first time for everything sort of deal, but at halftime - 24-0 - I started hoping Manning could do his magic and make it a game. Just amazing to watch, especially as a football fan and not tainted by divisional rivalry dislike.

I believe in Eli!! :D

Dude is only 1 of 5 QBs in NFL history that have won two Super Bowl MVPs.

8-3 in the playoffs, 2-0 in NFL Championship games. He's clutch. I like the kid, too. He seems like just an average "awe shucks" kinda' guy.

Very entertaining game, imo. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Plus, watching Rivers flounder is always entertaining to me.

lol! I enjoyed watching Rivers meltdown, too. He's got that bully vibe about him, the loudmouth when winning but pouting when losing. He comes across as the Doug Neidermeyer character on Animal House, the obnoxious fratboy in Omega Theta Pi.

HOU-TEX
10-16-2012, 11:35 AM
lol! I enjoyed watching Rivers meltdown, too. He's got that bully vibe about him, the loudmouth when winning but pouting when losing. He comes across as the Doug Neidermeyer character on Animal House, the obnoxious fratboy in Omega Theta Pi.

Ha, no doubt. He and Cutler both are asshats. Like you said, they gloat when they're winning and pout like little bitches when losing. I'd rank Cutler a little higher on the asshat list, but they're both very annoying

Mr teX
10-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Rivers is good, he's just impatient. He and Joe Flacco love to just throw the ball up there..even when they're guys aren't really open.

& for all the people that complain about Schaub's immobility, Rivers is markedly worse. Dude can't run to save his life. The braces on his legs look like they restrict him so much.

Playoffs
10-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Tedy Bruschi put forward this apt analogy: "The San Diego Chargers are the AFC's version of the Dallas Cowboys."

I think it fits for player personnel.

TexanSam
10-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Tedy Bruschi put forward this apt analogy: "The San Diego Chargers are the AFC's version of the Dallas Cowboys."

I think it fits for player personnel.

Pretty accurate. Even their playoff failures are similar to the Cowboys. I think the Chargers have been to the playoffs more often recently, but they've failed just like the Cowboys.

ubecool454
10-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Chargers have the best uniforms in the league...those uni's are awesome.

Panthers uniforms are nicer IMO

GlassHalfFull
10-16-2012, 05:36 PM
The font for the names on the Broncos jerseys doesn't look very footbally :kitten:

Since we are talking unis

The Pencil Neck
10-16-2012, 05:40 PM
My wife HATES the Charger Powder Blue uniforms. I'm continually surprised by that because I like them.

She LOVES the Panther logo but she HATES their uniforms. She also hates the Redskin unis.

BullBlitz
10-16-2012, 06:52 PM
We beat Payton in "his" place, and he'll destroy us at home? Good luck with that.

Yes he would, but the game won't necessarily be here anyway.

We barely beat him in only his third week with the Broncos. He is making that team better every week, as they get more comfortable with his offense. If we make the playoffs, I hope we get a rematch of that game.

infantrycak
10-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Yes he would, but the game won't necessarily be here anyway.

We barely beat him in only his third week with the Broncos. He is making that team better every week, as they get more comfortable with his offense. If we make the playoffs, I hope we get a rematch of that game.

Typical Bull. Manning would destroy us. Hope we get a rematch in the playoffs.

2+2 folks. Blitz is not a Texans fan.

Oh and nice avatar selection.

Vinny
10-19-2012, 12:45 AM
Panthers uniforms are nicer IMO
I think we both like the old Oiler Columbia blue. I still like the Chargers overall look better. I'm glad they got rid of those dark blue helmets and went back to the white ones. Those are sharp.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4iWQxuI1PnM/St0eziAnfnI/AAAAAAAAD1Q/auBgNvBWUUA/s400/5.jpghttp://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/575/607/130623308_display_image.jpg?1321582047