PDA

View Full Version : Won't have to deal with Ray Lewis

toronto
10-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Gone for the season per Harbaugh. Few minutes ago.

chicagotexan2
10-15-2012, 03:08 PM

I hope he doesn't go out and stabs someone to death.

Vinny
10-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Webb is a better player at this point in their careers...both gone.

Grams
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Probably not going to make much of a difference. GB was without half their players and they still crushed us.

Vinny
10-15-2012, 03:17 PM
I hope he doesn't go out and stabs someone to death. LOL'd at this tweet...read it about the same time as yours.

https://twitter.com/willbrinson/status/257936120757768192

ATXtexanfan
10-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Probably not going to make much of a difference. GB was without half their players and they still crushed us.

aint that the truth. can still be out planned on the field

bshep86
10-15-2012, 03:26 PM
That's all the talk right now in Baltimore. The last 20 posts I've seen on facebook have all been about Lewis and Webb. It's now the biggest news story around here.

The only thing is, last year when Lewis missed a few games, the defense actually stopped the ball better than when he played. From what I've seen he's is more of a detriment to them on the field.

utahmark
10-15-2012, 03:32 PM
He had 14 tackles against Dallas.

Double Barrel
10-15-2012, 03:40 PM
A nasty team like the Ravens is always a danger to a team like the Texans, with or without Lewis.

I'm a bit concerned that Rice runs 200+ yards right up the middle of our D next Sunday. And if our offense can't produce, next Monday will not be a fun day at Texans Talk.

Thorn
10-15-2012, 03:41 PM
It's bad kharma to celibrate other teams injuries. No good will come of this thread.

chicagotexan2
10-15-2012, 03:43 PM
I'd rather have Ngata out than Lewis.

IDEXAN
10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd rather play Lewis than his backup, he'll be in the HOF but his career as an
NFL LB has been on the downside for years, sliding down faster and faster
as each year passes by.

robroy72
10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
It's bad kharma to celibrate other teams injuries. No good will come of this thread.

I don't see any celebrating

Vinny
10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
I'd rather have Ngata out than Lewis.

Ngata has a minor MCL injury http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-source-haloti-ngata-has-minor-mcl-damage-in-his-knee-20121015,0,2190797.story

HOU-TEX
10-15-2012, 04:03 PM
He had 14 tackles against Dallas.

Yeah, but I watched that game and he might've had one nice one at the LOS. The rest were down field. He's easily moved out of running lanes now. I know he tried to get quicker by losing weight too, but it simply wasn't working. IMO, Ellerbe's the better player at this point in their careers. Like said above, nothing bigger than the loss of Webb

Dutchrudder
10-15-2012, 04:04 PM

It's OK, the thread was started by a Titans fan. They already have a category 5 hurricane of bad karma coming their way.

bhsman
10-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Ray is one of my favorite non-Texan players, and it's a shame that his career might end like this.

chicagotexan2
10-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Ray is one of my favorite non-Texan players, and it's a shame that his career might end like this.

Yeah it should've ended when he shanked a man to death.

toronto
10-15-2012, 04:12 PM

Just reporting...not a fan of either team, but I sure know where my hate lies. Screw Baltimore.

toronto
10-15-2012, 04:12 PM
It's OK, the thread was started by a Titans fan. They already have a category 5 hurricane of bad karma coming their way.

Coming? Man that's one long frigging hurricane. :vincepalm:

chicagotexan2
10-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Coming? Man that's one long frigging hurricane. :vincepalm:

You've obviously never seen mega shark vs giganturicane on SYFY

Texecutioner
10-15-2012, 04:33 PM
I hope he doesn't go out and stabs someone to death.

Pretty tacky thing to say. Ray has never been a thug, nor has he ever been linked to any other type of violent crimes. He wasn't even the guy that stabbed the guy who died either. As far as I'm concerned Ray Lewis has displayed maturity and shown nothing but attributes that are positive throughout his career other then that murder incident in which he was exonerated for.

I wish Ray the best, and I hope he doesn't retire.

ChampionTexan
10-15-2012, 04:35 PM

But it was started by a Tacks fan, so that should get us off the hook. (Although I agree that opponents injuries shouldn't be celebrated).

edit: Apologies - I see Dutch beat me to this point.

Texecutioner
10-15-2012, 04:38 PM
A nasty team like the Ravens is always a danger to a team like the Texans, with or without Lewis.

I'm a bit concerned that Rice runs 200+ yards right up the middle of our D next Sunday. And if our offense can't produce, next Monday will not be a fun day at Texans Talk.

I think you can go ahead and put a fork in them. Ray is still playing at a very high level. The bigger problem they now have though is that his leadership is gone. Ray has been the heart and soul of that defense for years and years. Suggs was already gone, and now their leader has gone down. Ray Lewis is the Ravens. They might still make the playoffs, but I no longer consider them a contender at all.

Stemp
10-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Ray is the heart and soul of their defense, if not their whole team, even moreso than Cush is for us.

This is a big blow for them.

Double Barrel
10-15-2012, 04:58 PM
I think you can go ahead and put a fork in them. Ray is still playing at a very high level. The bigger problem they now have though is that his leadership is gone. Ray has been the heart and soul of that defense for years and years. Suggs was already gone, and now their leader has gone down. Ray Lewis is the Ravens. They might still make the playoffs, but I no longer consider them a contender at all.

I agree completely.

However, we are talking about the Texans here, and we know that they are perfectly capable of playing down to anyone's level. ;)

bhsman
10-15-2012, 05:01 PM

It's a good thing he didn't, as he's been a pretty awesome person and player before and since the event.

:)

Double Barrel
10-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Pretty tacky thing to say. Ray has never been a thug, nor has he ever been linked to any other type of violent crimes. He wasn't even the guy that stabbed the guy who died either. As far as I'm concerned Ray Lewis has displayed maturity and shown nothing but attributes that are positive throughout his career other then that murder incident in which he was exonerated for.

Did you see the NFLN program "A Football Life" a couple of weeks ago about Ray Lewis?

It was simply awesome. I've liked the guy for a long time, and that program just cemented what I already thought about him. If you have not seen it, make a point to find it as a fan of Ray. You will not be disappointed.

Thorn
10-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Did you see the NFLN program "A Football Life" a couple of weeks ago about Ray Lewis?

It was simply awesome. I've liked the guy for a long time, and that program just cemented what I already thought about him. If you have not seen it, make a point to find it as a fan of Ray. You will not be disappointed.

Folks in the public eye are seldom what the public thinks they are. And that goes both ways. LOL

toronto
10-15-2012, 05:08 PM
But it was started by a Tacks fan, so that should get us off the hook. (Although I agree that opponents injuries shouldn't be celebrated).

edit: Apologies - I see Dutch beat me to this point.

Just reported the news, didn't attach my opinion.

Playoffs
10-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah, hate to see Ray go down. Better for our best to face their best ..... better for both teams to be at full strength in prospective Super Bowl years to beat shat out of the NFC.

Double Barrel
10-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Folks in the public eye are seldom what the public thinks they are. And that goes both ways. LOL

The cool thing about the one on Lewis was that cameras followed his life for a year, so a lot of it was about off-the-field aspects of his life. It was great seeing this monster LB as a father and community leader. Dude is certainly making the most of his celebrity status to inspire others in positive ways. Much respect for him in that regard.

chicagotexan2
10-15-2012, 05:18 PM

I guess so. You're right he was cleared of all charges in his murder trial. Buy he settled with the family of the victims. Just like Michael Jackson but I'm sure that's only a coincidence.

Texecutioner
10-15-2012, 05:23 PM

I have been wanting to see it. I watched his "Beyond The Glory" a long time ago and was already a huge fan, but man the guy just impresses me with his leadership of his family and his teammates not only on the field but even more off the field. He is not some thug or murderer type like some people try to paint him as. He is the epitome of hard work and "sacrifice." I've thoroughly enjoyed his career for a long time now. Best defensive player ever to me.

Texecutioner
10-15-2012, 05:25 PM
I guess so. You're right he was cleared of all charges in his murder trial. Buy he settled with the family of the victims. Just like Michael Jackson but I'm sure that's only a coincidence.

From what I understand, it was just some fight that took place outside of a night club. Things like that happen and they can get out of hand real quick. I've been involved in skirmishes here and there. Nothing that major, but I think it was Ray's friends who caused the problems and Ray wouldn't rat them out or something like that. I don't remember all the facts since it has been a long time. I just know that I've never seen a gangster thug type in Ray Lewis. All I've ever seen is a great leader on and off the field. I know that whole ordeal was really bad, but I've never seen any pattern or consistency to suggest that Ray is some bad character. Just my opinion of him.

toronto
10-15-2012, 05:26 PM
I have been wanting to see it. I watched his "Beyond The Glory" a long time ago and was already a huge fan, but man the guy just impresses me with his leadership of his family and his teammates not only on the field but even more off the field. He is not some thug or murderer type like some people try to paint him as. He is the epitome of hard work and "sacrifice." I've thoroughly enjoyed his career for a long time now. Best defensive player ever to me.

It's close for me between LT, Singletary and Lewis. I think I still give LT a slight edge just for the way he revolutionized the OLB and edge passer.

Yankee_In_TX
10-15-2012, 05:33 PM
From what I understand, it was just some fight that took place outside of a night club. Things like that happen and they can get out of hand real quick. I've been involved in skirmishes here and there. Nothing that major, but I think it was Ray's friends who caused the problems and Ray wouldn't rat them out or something like that. I don't remember all the facts since it has been a long time. I just know that I've never seen a gangster thug type in Ray Lewis. All I've ever seen is a great leader on and off the field. I know that whole ordeal was really bad, but I've never seen any pattern or consistency to suggest that Ray is some bad character. Just my opinion of him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/06/04/lewis_agreement/

beerlover
10-15-2012, 05:34 PM
I'll echo most sentiments its a shame he will not be playing this Sunday the game is better with him. :)

GP
10-15-2012, 05:35 PM
The Texans were supposed to beat a Packers team that was without their best RB, their best WR, their all-world NT, a leaky OL, and a poor secondary.

Color me indifferent about us facing a "much depleted" team.

Texecutioner
10-15-2012, 05:39 PM
It's close for me between LT, Singletary and Lewis. I think I still give LT a slight edge just for the way he revolutionized the OLB and edge passer.

LT is sort of the only other guy that I'd compare, but I'd take Ray hands down without question. One huge reason being Ray's leadership would trump Taylor's leadership qualities. I've just never seen a guy have so much positive control over his team like Ray has. He brings those young players in from the jump and lays down the law of hard work and respect for the coaching staff and their unit. You never hear about other guys hardly getting into trouble on that defense either hardly. They follow that guy and he has been a spiritual leader to many of them off the field as well.

Taylor on the other hand was a crackhead who could never stay out of trouble. Sure, he never got a murder case, but the stories about Taylor were endless. His escapades with prostitutes and hookers way over the top to the point that Taylor wouldn't even be able to play in today's game in my opinion. He'd have so many failed drug tests and arrests that the media would capture that he'd be suspended over and over. Taylor never set a great example for his teammates. From what I've read he helped to encourage them to get involved in his activities that hurt their team at times. I even heard one story that he came to practice in handcuffs one time with a prostitute or two with him, because he had been playing games with them all night and they couldn't get them off. Lol! I'm still a fan of Taylor and all, but I think Ray's leadership skills play a much bigger role when you look at the entire picture.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 05:41 PM
The Texans were supposed to beat a Packers team that was without their best RB, their best WR, their all-world NT, a leaky OL, and a poor secondary.

Color me indifferent about us facing a "much depleted" team.

question, if Packers brought their "A" team would Texans have had the same letdown?

Big Lou
10-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Ray still plays with intensity, but has lost a step. Probably hurts more than it helps us. The Ravens D will be playing to win one for the Gipper......

dc_txtech
10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
I hate to hear this. I've had a lot of respect for Ray over the years, especially after hearing about his friendship with Foster.

Get well, come back soon Ray.

handswarmer
10-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Funny how so some small minded people still spout the same ol crap about Ray and the fight in 99...look at what transpired and what he has done since then

Is he the same player as 5 years ago? No. 10 years ago? No. But he was still playing at a level few NFL Linebackers ever attain.

His loss will actually improve the defense IMO/

wolf123
10-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Funny how so some small minded people still spout the same ol crap about Ray and the fight in 99...look at what transpired and what he has done since then

Is he the same player as 5 years ago? No. 10 years ago? No. But he was still playing at a level few NFL Linebackers ever attain.

His loss will actually improve the defense IMO/

You don't lose your best leader on the field and get better...:vincepalm:

handswarmer
10-15-2012, 07:25 PM
You don't lose your best leader on the field and get better...:vincepalm:

You need to watch him play- out of the 14 tackles he had yesterday 13 were 5-7-9 yds downfield.

He doesn't dominate the LOS nor does he dominate the 3 yds in front of it. He can't cover out of the backfield or off the LOS.

IMO he is better as a cheerleader

wolf123
10-15-2012, 07:41 PM
You need to watch him play- out of the 14 tackles he had yesterday 13 were 5-7-9 yds downfield.

He doesn't dominate the LOS nor does he dominate the 3 yds in front of it. He can't cover out of the backfield or off the LOS.

IMO he is better as a cheerleader

I have no doubt that he's not the same player he was. But Trust me losing him is not going to make your defense better. We had people say that about Cushing, how there wouldn't be much of a drop off.....:gun:

Texecutioner
10-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Ray still plays with intensity, but has lost a step. Probably hurts more than it helps us. The Ravens D will be playing to win one for the Gipper......

The Ravens are not going to play better throughout the season without their emotional leader. He tells players where to be, he instills confidence in that entire unit, and he makes that team believe. If Suggs was still healthy, then this wouldn't be quite as bad, because he provides a lot of leadership as well, but without him and Ray? Not happening. This really sucks as a fan of RL.

As for the Texans this is one less contender they have to worry about come post season.

Section516
10-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Here's to a quick recovery for Rey. Amazing inspirational person.

handswarmer
10-15-2012, 08:51 PM
I have no doubt that he's not the same player he was. But Trust me losing him is not going to make your defense better. We had people say that about Cushing, how there wouldn't be much of a drop off.....:gun:

Ray missed 4 games last year- team went 4-0; team improved in ever stat category in those 4 games...

Suggs and Webb are the reall difference makers, not Ray. He just sucks up all the oxygen in the room.....

wolf123
10-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Ray missed 4 games last year- team went 4-0; team improved in ever stat category in those 4 games...

Suggs and Webb are the reall difference makers, not Ray. He just sucks up all the oxygen in the room.....

Well all 3 of them our out now...

Fili
10-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Stinks for number 52. Probably his last season in the NFL, unless he pulls a Favre on us.

Cjeremy635
10-15-2012, 09:55 PM
I saw this earlier on Monday Night Countdown.

When I saw it, I was like, "you gotta be $hittin' me!"

Ray is one of my favorite NFL players and his personality is contagious. I have mad respect for what he does off the field. He's a great player, but that's a temporary thing in life. The people whose lives he's touched will last a lifetime, and maybe longer, if it impacts them in such a way that they become a positive inspiration to someone else. It's the "pay it forward" concept.

DB, I totally agree about his appearance on the show A Football Life. I already really liked the guy, but that just impressed me on a whole other level. You can't help but root for the guy. To watch someone that is so fired up, in everything that they do in life, is a sight to see. Tex, you gotta make it a point to watch that episode. You won't be disappointed.

He dropped 15 lbs in the offseason to help him play faster. There's no question that his career is nearing the end, but I'd hate for it to end like this. When he retires, the game will be losing a great competitor and it will be a sad day.

I hope that somehow he is able to make a full recovery and retire the way he wants to. I have no doubt that this isn't how he visualized it playing out.

TEXANRED
10-15-2012, 10:04 PM
There will never be another Ray Lewis.

Cjeremy635
10-15-2012, 10:38 PM
There will never be another Ray Lewis.

Not true. He has a son named Ray Lewis III. Just sayin', lol.

MEGA SWATT
10-15-2012, 10:42 PM

Yep, but he hired big time attorneys and bought his way to probation that would have landed an avg. man in jail for life. He also just paid off the families of those 2 men that were killed.

The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found......hmmm wonder why....it was probably red.

Hall of fame, no - more like Hall of shame.

TEXANRED
10-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Not true. He has a son named Ray Lewis III. Just sayin', lol.

Now thats funny

chicagotexan2
10-16-2012, 07:57 AM

Maybe he's lived a clean life since then, maybe he's an upstanding citizen, maybe he inspires others with pep talks, maybe he does a silly dance at game intros. Maybe he just tried to protect his friends by covering up a murder. Maybe he just didn't want to rat out his friends and didn't want to cooperate with the police when two men were stabbed and killed. So what? Covering up for a friend is the same thing Paterno did and the great things he did won't reconcile or make up for what he should have done. I know he's an alltime great. But when I think of Ray Lewis I also think of the incident too, not just football. If this is the end of his playing days, tisk tisk.

Cjeremy635
10-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Maybe he's lived a clean life since then, maybe he's an upstanding citizen, maybe he inspires others with pep talks, maybe he does a silly dance at game intros. Maybe he just tried to protect his friends by covering up a murder. Maybe he just didn't want to rat out his friends and didn't want to cooperate with the police when two men were stabbed and killed. So what? Covering up for a friend is the same thing Paterno did and the great things he did won't reconcile or make up for what he should have done. I know he's an alltime great. But when I think of Ray Lewis I also think of the incident too, not just football. If this is the end of his playing days, tisk tisk.

Really? And you're perfect?

I'm not saying he did or didn't murder someone. None of us will ever know what actually happened. But, if he did, he sure decided to change his life for the positive and try to do some good in the world with the second chance he was given. I'm not the man's judge & jury. I'm not going to sit here on a message board and condemn a man for something that was never proven factual.

Dude, we're all guilty of something.

chicagotexan2
10-16-2012, 08:39 AM

Yes really. Guess what? I am not perfect. Far from it. I don't need to ask you if you are because I know you are not, just like me, just like all of us. But I've also never tried to cover up a murder.

I'm not saying he did or didn't murder someone. None of us will ever know what actually happened. But, if he did, he sure decided to change his life for the positive and try to do some good in the world with the second chance he was given. I'm not the man's judge & jury. I'm not going to sit here on a message board and condemn a man for something that was never proven factual.

Yes we are. I can't condemn him either. I don;t have the power to do anything to him. But I don't see im as a hero or a great man. All I can say is I won't gloss over what he was involved in just because he puts on a good show.

b0ng
10-16-2012, 10:53 AM

I'd say a good 99% of this board are probably not guilty of covering up a murder so that one or two of their buddies could walk. Much less themselves.

EDIT: Not sure about GP though :P

handswarmer
10-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Wow- Ravens come to town and yet another thread degenerates into "Ray is a murderer"...

How about doing something positive?

The facts are all out there; opinions are all out there- make your choices.

Whatever transpired that night has nothing to do with his on-field legacy.

b0ng
10-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Wow- Ravens come to town and yet another thread degenerates into "Ray is a murderer"...

I refuse to believe that the "facts" are all out there.

Who cares though, it only detracts from what he is as a human being, not what he is as a football player (which is legendary).

Trail.Blazr
10-16-2012, 11:43 AM

So NOT true. If not for his on-field legacy, THAT night would have been just another night in Atlanta that 99.9999% of the world never knows/cares of. If you don't believe that night will forever be linked to his name and his legacy you are kidding yourself.

It may or may not be fair, but it's the cruel reality of the court of public opinion.

chicagotexan2
10-16-2012, 12:07 PM

Maybe you can show me where the deaths of 2 men tarnish him as a player to the people on this board. I believe in him as a one time great LB. I don't believe in him as a good person.

handswarmer
10-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Maybe you can show me where the deaths of 2 men tarnish him as a player to the people on this board. I believe in him as a one time great LB. I don't believe in him as a good person.

Maybe you should re-read what I wrote.

Doesn't matter though- people will always say things like "Ray was one of the best to ever play the game- but then theres that thing in Atlanta"....

Playoffs
10-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Wow- Ravens come to town and yet another thread degenerates into "Ray is a murderer"...If you don't want to read about it, don't come over here.

How about doing something positive?I said some thing positive about Ray. You (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2038002&postcount=46) were the one who said the Ravens are better off without him.

gary
10-16-2012, 01:16 PM
If Ray covered up a murder then he does not deserve a second chance.

Hervoyel
10-16-2012, 01:34 PM

There's probably a reason why that happens when the Ravens come to town. It might have something to do with those facts. The dude ditched his clothes faster than OJ could lose a pair of gloves but pointing out the obvious is being negative because Ray's a great player?

Nope.

Double Barrel
10-16-2012, 02:37 PM
There's probably a reason why that happens when the Ravens come to town. It might have something to do with those facts. The dude ditched his clothes faster than OJ could lose a pair of gloves but pointing out the obvious is being negative because Ray's a great player?

Nope.

I like Ray but his actions are simply indefensible regarding that case. I think he grew up rough and had some hanger-ons from the wrong crowd. I've read about the case from many different angles, and it's really difficult to say with any certainty what exactly happened that night. I do not believe that he committed the murders, though.

I do think he's a good man at his core. He was not a trouble-maker before that night and he's been nothing but a solid, upstanding citizen since then. I can't blame anyone for their opinions in connection with that tragic night, but I also look big picture and do not see man in a pattern of trouble. If anything, he's out there telling his story and the wake up call that a jail cell was for his life.

I did not always feel this way. I used to convict him in the trial of public opinion, as well.

Playoffs
10-16-2012, 03:17 PM
If Ray covered up a murder then he does not deserve a second chance.

Whozzat???

Is that Gary (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95313) punching keys on TexansTalk?!!!! :yes: :excited:

76Texan
10-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Whozzat???

Is that Gary (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95313) punching keys on TexansTalk?!!!! :yes: :excited:

I saw that, too! :doot:

handswarmer
10-17-2012, 04:57 AM
I like Ray but his actions are simply indefensible regarding that case. I think he grew up rough and had some hanger-ons from the wrong crowd. I've read about the case from many different angles, and it's really difficult to say with any certainty what exactly happened that night. I do not believe that he committed the murders, though.

I do think he's a good man at his core. He was not a trouble-maker before that night and he's been nothing but a solid, upstanding citizen since then. I can't blame anyone for their opinions in connection with that tragic night, but I also look big picture and do not see man in a pattern of trouble. If anything, he's out there telling his story and the wake up call that a jail cell was for his life.

I did not always feel this way. I used to convict him in the trial of public opinion, as well.

Level headed approach. Well done

TheMatrix31
10-17-2012, 05:24 AM
Who cares right now. He's out for the year and that's all that matters right now.

I don't care how it affects the Ravens. Nobody gave a damn when we had half our ****ing team out throughout the year last year. I won't feel sympathy for any team ever again after what we had to go through last year.

Maddict5
10-17-2012, 07:42 AM
As far as I'm concerned Ray Lewis has displayed maturity and shown nothing but attributes that are positive throughout his career other then that murder incident in which he was exonerated for.

that jerry sandusky was a swell guy too... well you know apart from that incident....:mariopalm:

Hervoyel
10-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Who cares right now. He's out for the year and that's all that matters right now.

I don't care how it affects the Ravens. Nobody gave a damn when we had half our ****ing team out throughout the year last year. I won't feel sympathy for any team ever again after what we had to go through last year.

This is really all that matters. He's not playing and how that affects the game is all I'm interested in. I know enough to not assume that just because a player like this (declining skills not withstanding) is out it means that the other team will be hurting. The Ravens defense will be possibly a little better on the field and maybe a little lacking in the heart but even that can be a motivator. They'll have the mindset of feeling they need to win one for Lewis and Webb. They'll come in focused on compensating for that loss and playing at a higher level if possible. At the same time the Texans will hopefully be trying to prove that Sunday night wasn't them and using that for motivation.

Should be a good game. First seed in the AFC is up for grabs and both teams have significant reasons to be additionally motivated. The team that can't get up for this game needs to have its pulse checked. Hope that doesn't end up being us.

Scooter
10-17-2012, 10:12 AM
i dont know what happened, and there hasnt been an argument on either side to convince me of anything. what i know is that ray is one of the greatest players to ever step on to the field. i know that he's an inspiration to dang near every player in the league, and to millions watching. i know he offers himself to any player asking for advice or guidance, be they teammate or rival (including our own). i know he spends time in the community as do many superstars, but few do so with such fervor, taking each encounter personally.

it sucks that he's going to miss this game because honestly i like watching him play. i'd like to watch him lose this weekend obviously, but ray ray's one that i would rather have on the field when we face the ravens.

b0ng
10-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Really and truly, I think Ray is going to have a hard look at himself this offseason and is probably going to have to make a tough decision about whether he wants to come back to the NFL for a 17th year.

Dread-Head
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
yeah...but Ed Reed is still going to be there...UNLESS...we get Hines Ward to come out of retirement for one game to try to break his jaw again.

:jk:

Texan_Bill
10-17-2012, 02:52 PM
that jerry sandusky was a swell guy too... well you know apart from that incident....:mariopalm:

OJ Simpson was a helluva running back. :thinking: Well of course there's that whole turning two people in human pez dispensers, thingy.

Texan_Bill
10-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Seriously though, I wish this thread would not have spiraled out of control. Both teams have injuries to deal with and let's hope this Sunday, there are no more. This way when both teams meet for the AFC Conference Championship Game, they'll both be as healthy as possible.

Double Barrel
10-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Seriously though, I wish this thread would not have spiraled out of control. Both teams have injuries to deal with and let's hope this Sunday, there are no more. This way when both teams meet for the AFC Conference Championship Game, they'll both be as healthy as possible.

My gut tells me that if the Texans can make it to the AFC Championship game, Peyton Manning will be on the other side of the ball. That would be our typical destiny as Houston football fans, of course. ;)

htownfan32
10-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I'd rather face the Broncos than most other AFC teams. Maybe the Ravens, but I feel like the Patriots would lay the same kind of hurt the Packers did on us :(

b0ng
10-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I'd rather face the Broncos than most other AFC teams. Maybe the Ravens, but I feel like the Patriots would lay the same kind of hurt the Packers did on us :(

We'll find out how we compare soon enough.

Double Barrel
10-17-2012, 04:19 PM

At this point, yeah, I agree.

However, by the end of the season? Manning will have that team fine tuned like a well-oiled machine. You could already see it happening last Monday night. I did not turn the 24-0 game off at halftime because I was curious about Manning. Dude just blew my mind....again.

I say it's our destiny in a quasi-facetious sort of way. Part of me is way to cynical to believe in karma. But I'd be lying if I said another little part of me thinks there's some voodoo mojo going on with the ancient Indian burial grounds under Reliant & the Astrodome. I don't believe in curses, but if I did, I would certainly believe Houston football teams suffer from at least one of them.

Something in my mind tells me that the Broncos win their division and we end up facing them at some point in the playoffs. I'd rather go against the Pats or Ravens, as well...but...it's that Manning thing. :winky:

b0ng
10-17-2012, 06:10 PM
At this point, yeah, I agree.

However, by the end of the season? Manning will have that team fine tuned like a well-oiled machine. You could already see it happening last Monday night. I did not turn the 24-0 game off at halftime because I was curious about Manning. Dude just blew my mind....again.

I say it's our destiny in a quasi-facetious sort of way. Part of me is way to cynical to believe in karma. But I'd be lying if I said another little part of me thinks there's some voodoo mojo going on with the ancient Indian burial grounds under Reliant & the Astrodome. I don't believe in curses, but if I did, I would certainly believe Houston football teams suffer from at least one of them.

Something in my mind tells me that the Broncos win their division and we end up facing them at some point in the playoffs. I'd rather go against the Pats or Ravens, as well...but...it's that Manning thing. :winky:

Manning in the playoffs and Manning in the regular season are almost two completely different players. If that Broncos team keeps putting itself in gigantic holes every week that they have to claw out of I'm not feeling too bad about having to face him again in crunch time.

Maddict5
10-18-2012, 04:40 AM
OJ Simpson was a helluva running back. :thinking: Well of course there's that whole turning two people in human pez dispensers, thingy.

tut tut shame on you, he was found innocent of that as ray is with his legal troubles:kitten: